NATION

PASSWORD

Grand Inter-Denominational Christian Alliance [MT/PMT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Protora (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Protora (Ancient) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:00 pm

Probably a stupid suggestion, but I think we should have one Representative for every denomination/ division in this alliance.
Economic Left/Right: 3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

For the most part, this nation does reflect my views.

Zeorus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2006
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Zeorus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Protora wrote:Probably a stupid suggestion, but I think we should have one Representative for every denomination/ division in this alliance.

Not really a "stupid" suggestion but could be problematic.
רְעוּאֵל בֶּמ זֵוֹרֻס הַשֶׁטֶף
Veteran Assassin, Brotherhood of Malice

Protora (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Protora (Ancient) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Zeorus wrote:
Protora wrote:Probably a stupid suggestion, but I think we should have one Representative for every denomination/ division in this alliance.

I mean it does not have to be for every single denomination, just the ones in this alliance.

For example, I am a Southern Baptist, and there are many types of Baptists. So instead of having a representative for every single type of Baptist, we can have just one representative standing for all the Baptists.

Castille de Italia
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Protora wrote:
Zeorus wrote:

I mean it does not have to be for every single denomination, just the ones in this alliance.

For example, I am a Southern Baptist, and there are many types of Baptists. So instead of having a representative for every single type of Baptist, we can have just one representative standing for all the Baptists.

So, you want someone representing the Westboro Baptists. I'm Mormon, and I definitely don't want the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints represented...

I'll just take it as we'll leave out extremist cases.
The Castillian Federation | La Fédération Castillia
Fraternité sous notre Fédération

Main Directory | IIWiki | Dramatis Personae | Pan Dienstadi World Airways | Latest Political Crisis
Proud Supporter of the Israeli War of Self-Defense Against Hamas Terrorists
Proud Supporter of Frat Boys Tearing Down Palestinian Solidarity Encampments
Proud Supporter of Waffle House

Protora (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Protora (Ancient) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Castille de Italia wrote:
Protora wrote:

So, you want someone representing the Westboro Baptists. I'm Mormon, and I definitely don't want the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints represented...

Well, even though I am a Baptist and anti- LGBT, I oppose the WBC because they condemned a heterosexual veteran just because the military allows gays. Hey, I do not like gays being allowed in the military either, but I still respect them for serving my country.

Castille de Italia
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Protora wrote:
Castille de Italia wrote:So, you want someone representing the Westboro Baptists. I'm Mormon, and I definitely don't want the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints represented...

Well, even though I am a Baptist and anti- LGBT, I oppose the WBC because they condemned a heterosexual veteran just because the military allows gays. Hey, I do not like gays being allowed in the military either, but I still respect them for serving my country.

As do I. But I suggest we represent all sane Christian denominations. The FLDS and WBC are out, as far as I'm concerned...

Main Directory | IIWiki | Dramatis Personae | Pan Dienstadi World Airways | Latest Political Crisis

Protora (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Protora (Ancient) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:23 pm

Protora wrote:

As do I. But I suggest we represent all sane Christian denominations. The FLDS and WBC are out, as far as I'm concerned...

Agreed.

Silar
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Silar » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:27 pm

In a perfect world, that would be the case, unfortunately we cannot force nations to join to fit the quotas, there are a lot of denominations out there.. anyways, something to discuss at the summit! I agree we should try and get as much representation as we can and work to allow various viewpoints to be heard.
His Royal and Serene Majesty Pius Alartho, By God's Grace, High King of Silar and its Commonwealth, Defender and Protector of the Holy and Catholic Faith
Embassy Program - Factbook - King Georges Alban International Airport - The Silaran Evening Telegraph - Silaran Public Affairs Network
A Catholic nation? Why not join the Catholic Church?! - Silar is Prefect of the CDF
A Christian Nation (Catholic or no)? Why not join the Grand Inter-Denominational Christian Alliance?! - Silar is a member state

Unified Christianity
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Christianity » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:40 pm

That could work, but how would the representative be different than the average member of the same denomination? Would the be on a council?

Anyways what about a country like my own? We are a like a mini version of this alliance... You know the whole "Unified" Christianity thing.

Protora (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Protora (Ancient) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Unified Christianity wrote:

That could work, but how would the representative be different than the average member of the same denomination? Would the be on a council?

Anyways what about a country like my own? We are a like a mini version of this alliance... You know the whole "Unified" Christianity thing.

Perhaps you can represent the Non- denominationalists?

Zeorus
Diplomat

Postby Zeorus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Protora wrote:

The problem there is the definition of "extremist". From the FLDS standpoint, plural marriage is not a terribly extreme practice; it is not (in theory) a violent or harmful practice and not all polygamist groups engage in it the way they do. I'm also LDS but would have no problem with FLDS or United Apostolic Brethren representation in this group. If the extremists want in, let them. They're still Christian, just a bit off their nut. With all the other forms of Christianity out there they'll just be white noise.

Protora (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Protora (Ancient) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Zeorus wrote:
Castille de Italia wrote:So, you want someone representing the Westboro Baptists. I'm Mormon, and I definitely don't want the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints represented...

The problem there is the definition of "extremist". From the FLDS standpoint, plural marriage is not a terribly extreme practice; it is not (in theory) a violent or harmful practice and not all polygamist groups engage in it the way they do. I'm also LDS but would have no problem with FLDS or United Apostolic Brethren representation in this group. If the extremists want in, let them. They're still Christian, just a bit off their nut. With all the other forms of Christianity out there they'll just be white noise.

Agreed. We are Christians and need to act like it, even if it means dealing with Christians who are not exactly Christian.

Silar
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Silar » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:43 pm

Unified Christianity wrote:

Really, I think that the various denominations can be solely represented by the general membership. This alliance is of nations, not of the denominations. The various nations will, presumably, bring a point of view inspired by their respective denomination of Christianity.

Zeorus wrote:

I agree. I'd say these things would have to be dealt with on a case by case basis. Blanket statements on one denomination or another wouldn't be very charitable or wise. One FLDS (or other "off their nut" denomination) state isn't necessarily the same as the next nor is one Lutheran/Catholic/Mormon/etc. state the same as the next.

An aspiring member should be judged on its merits, not by their denomination, so long as they meet the general requirements of alliance membership.
His Royal and Serene Majesty Pius Alartho, By God's Grace, High King of Silar and its Commonwealth, Defender and Protector of the Holy and Catholic Faith
Embassy Program - Factbook - King Georges Alban International Airport - The Silaran Evening Telegraph - Silaran Public Affairs Network
A Catholic nation? Why not join the Catholic Church?! - Silar is Prefect of the CDF
A Christian Nation (Catholic or no)? Why not join the Grand Inter-Denominational Christian Alliance?! - Silar is a member state

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Zeorus wrote:

This I agree with. Determining how we determine what counts as extreme, and what does not, could be tricky, even troubling, for us.

I'm leaning towards allowing (nearly) any form of Christianity into the alliance, however, we may need to discuss measures to ensure any extreme actions committed by any member don't "drag our name through the mud" so to speak.

Silar wrote:
Unified Christianity wrote:That could work, but how would the representative be different than the average member of the same denomination? Would the be on a council?

Really, I think that the various denominations can be solely represented by the general membership. This alliance is of nations, not of the denominations. The various nations will, presumably, bring a point of view inspired by their respective denomination of Christianity.

This was pretty much my thought. some nations, like mine, where there is a single denomination and its unlawful to openly practice anything else, aren't going to have an issue. I would assume the governments of multi-denomination nations would select a moderate member of the largest to represent everyone, or someone who can be trusted to represent all viewpoints fairly.

This might be something to bring up ICly. I intend to OP that thread tonight.

Castille de Italia
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:53 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
Zeorus wrote:

This I agree with. Determining how we determine what counts as extreme, and what does not, could be tricky, even troubling, for us.

I'm leaning towards allowing (nearly) any form of Christianity into the alliance, however, we may need to discuss measures to ensure any extreme actions committed by any member don't "drag our name through the mud" so to speak.

Silar wrote:

This was pretty much my thought. some nations, like mine, where there is a single denomination and its unlawful to openly practice anything else, aren't going to have an issue. I would assume the governments of multi-denomination nations would select a moderate member of the largest to represent everyone, or someone who can be trusted to represent all viewpoints fairly.

Trans, we have a problem. In the charter, it states

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit make up the Holy Trinity.
The Bible is the sovereign book written through God's chosen, and by inspiration directly from God through The Holy Spirit.
The Bible is the ultimate law and book of knowledge, above all other things.

Mormonism is Nontrinitarian. That means they reject the belief of the Trinity Doctrine. Either the Core needs to be revised, or Nontrinitarian denominations such as the LDS Church, Jehovah's Witness's and Oneness Pentecostal cannot be part of this alliance...

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:55 pm

Transnapastain wrote:

Trans, we have a problem. In the charter, it states

The Bible is the sovereign book written through God's chosen, and by inspiration directly from God through The Holy Spirit.

Mormonism is Nontrinitarian. That means they reject the belief of the Trinity Doctrine. Either the Core needs to be revised, or Nontrinitarian denominations such as the LDS Church, Jehovah's Witness's and Oneness Pentecostal cannot be part of this alliance...

Whaha! Alright. The charter was copied from the original thread Lineale did years ago. I'm willing to adapt it.

Castille de Italia
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
Castille de Italia wrote:Trans, we have a problem. In the charter, it states

Whaha! Alright. The charter was copied from the original thread Lineale did years ago. I'm willing to adapt it.

Okay, fine by me.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Transnapastain wrote:

Okay, fine by me.

Do you have a way you'd like it to be worded? Or a suggestion ow how it should be done?

I have modified the articles to what I believe to be a more suitable wording to include nontrinitarian denominations
Last edited by Transnapastain on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeorus
Diplomat

Postby Zeorus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:38 pm

I was wondering when or if somebody would get to that....

Nationalist Eminral Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Nation's Full Name: Federation of Eminral Republic
Nation's Leader & Title: His Exellency, The Right Honourable President Stephen Blair
Nation's Government Type: Federal state, semi-presidential republic
Nation's Population: 858 million
Nation's Top Military Leader (Name & Rank): General James Lance, Chief of Staff, Eminral Armed Forces
Nation's Civil Rights: Average
Nation's Economic Level: Strong
Nation's Political Freedom: Excellent
Nation's Currency Name: Eminral Dollar (E$)
Nation's Gross Domestic Product (GDP): E$8,214,817,115,035.84
- Questions regarding faith
Does the majority of your nations population believe:
That Jesus is the Messiah? Yes
That Jesus was God's only Son? Yes
That Jesus is Divine? Yes
That God is all-powerful? Yes
That Jesus is the only way to Heaven? Yes
That the Bible is the best way to know God and His commandments, and that it is His Holy Book? Yes
[align=center]
Federation of Eminral RepublicPederasyon ng Republika ng Eminral
エミンラル共和連邦 Federación de la República Eminral

Gratislavia
Minister

Founded: May 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gratislavia » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:28 pm

People's Eastern Orthodox Church of Gratislavia

The People's Eastern Orthodox Church of Gratislavia would like to hereby request membership in the Grand-Inter-Denominational Alliance of Christian States. In saying such the Patriarch of the Holy People's Eastern Orthodox Church of Gratislavia is in no way a representation of the secularized Gratislavian government, official or unofficial. In saying such the Church's primary function in this organization would be devoted entirely to missionary work and relief funds for friendly Christian nations accepting of their presence. In saying such the following dossier of census date has been collected by the Church in order to appease your requests for information regarding the state the People's Eastern Orthodox Church of Gratislavia is based in.

Nation's Full Name: The People's Eastern Orthodox Church of Gratislavia [Organization] Based in the nation of Gratislavia.
Nation's Leader & Title: The Most Holy Conduit of God's Will on Earth, The Patriarch of the People's Eastern Orthodox Church of Gratislavia.
Nation's Government Type: The Church does not operate a Government, The Government of Gratislavia is a Secularized Participatory Socialist Democracy.
Nation's Population: 5.67 Billion
Nation's Top Military Leader (Name & Rank): The Church Operates no military order.
Nation's Civil Rights: Very Good
Nation's Economic Level: Frightening
Nation's Political Freedom: Very Good
Nation's Currency Name: Labor Ruble
Nation's Gross Domestic Product (GDP): Fuck this Trans I'm not looking this up :p
- Questions regarding faith
Does the majority of your nations population believe:
That Jesus is the Messiah? Yes
That Jesus was God's only Son? Yes
That Jesus is Divine? Yes
That God is all-powerful? Yes
That Jesus is the only way to Heaven? Yes
That the Bible is the best way to know God and His commandments, and that it is His Holy Book? Yes
"Direction Nationale de Notreceau"

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:44 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=216763

IC is up

Both are accepted, and I think Grat makes a good point that it's not just government who could participate here. IRL, this idea would function better as a non-governmental organization as opposed to an Inter-governmental organization. That would limit the scope of our actions, however, as an NGO can't really do a war or defense of a member nation. However, since w're primarily concerned with disaster relief, missionary work and funding for developing Christian nations, that may not be a bad thing.

Zeorus
Diplomat

Postby Zeorus » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:48 pm

ooc: I believe the Lord Proctor just ignored Judge Bernhardt....

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:51 pm

Zeorus wrote:ooc: I believe the Lord Proctor just ignored Judge Bernhardt....

As the first vehicle pulled away from the cathedral grounds, headed towards a secured vehicle garage used by the rectory staff, the next vehicle in line pulled forward. Harris recognized the Zeorite flag in the window, and smiled, hoping no similar surprises awaited inside this vehicle. To his delight, a single man stepped out, and one eh recognized form the beefing. Harris nodded in greeting after the man had spoke and replied “It is good of you to join us, your honor, I welcome you in the name of the Lord to Subrosa and Transnapastain.”

Was directed at the Judge. I thought the honorific "your honor" would give it away. Let me go reward it to work his name in and make it more specific

Zeorus
Diplomat

Postby Zeorus » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:55 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
Zeorus wrote:ooc: I believe the Lord Proctor just ignored Judge Bernhardt....

As the first vehicle pulled away from the cathedral grounds, headed towards a secured vehicle garage used by the rectory staff, the next vehicle in line pulled forward. Harris recognized the Zeorite flag in the window, and smiled, hoping no similar surprises awaited inside this vehicle. To his delight, a single man stepped out, and one eh recognized form the beefing. Harris nodded in greeting after the man had spoke and replied “It is good of you to join us, your honor, I welcome you in the name of the Lord to Subrosa and Transnapastain.”

Was directed at the Judge. I thought the honorific "your honor" would give it away. Let me go reward it to work his name in and make it more specific

ooc: Missed that, sorry. Proceed.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents