NATION

PASSWORD

[CLOSED] Impending Civil War

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Byzantine Konstantinopolis
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

[CLOSED] Impending Civil War

Postby Byzantine Konstantinopolis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:53 pm

(OOC- this is VERY importent to read, unless your willing to truly devote from time, and creativity to this storyline, its probably best if you didn't get involved, as currently the people who are involved are prepared to make it a ungoing multi-thread event)

(OOC- this timeline/thread is set in a world based loosley on earth 1980 - 2012, thou many edits in the timeline as well as to the borders of present nations can be made and are encouraged, and the names of territories can be replaced with poster-nations if they so choose or request, and new landmasses/islands can be added. The Nation of Byzantine Konstantinopolis would be based on this recent history - The Russian Revolution was Successful only slightly AFTER WWI was over, the Russians and greeks cutting up Thrace, the Eastern Aegean, Western 'Pontos' and the Bosphorus into a join governed state known commonly as 'Byzantine Konstantinopolis' 'Byzantium' or 'New East Rome', and Officially just as 'Konstantinopolis' or 'Constaintinople' in English. Before the fall of the Russian empire/Rise of the Soviet Union, around the time Russia released its claims and governce of the territory due to internal problem, they remained independent (as opposed to joining the Hellenic Republic)

The Church and Throne of Byzantine Konstantiopolis have entered into a state of extreme opposition, tearing the senate in half (with a majority siding with the Emperor).

Controversy runs high and political tension sharpens. The much loved son of the last Emperor (Alexandre Nikolaidis) Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis ascended to the throne at the age of 19, and has reigned as a fair and liberal monarch for 3 years, styling himself as a devout Christian and servant of God. Indeed, it is true that he is a Fanatic Christian, however the rumored relationship between him and the son of a now deceased Officer in the Varangian Guard (Royal gaurd unit, made up mostly of Russians.), Kirill Alexei Dmitriev who was promoted to the rank of captain a the age of 20 upon Alexios' Accent has proved true.

The Young Emperor admitted to being deeply in love with the Varangian Captian, when questioned why he made this public statement, he responded that Christian Teachings of Honesty was his inspiration. When asked if he considered himself a sodomite, he responded that 'God led us to one another other, I feel the holy spirit within us'. He also famously quoted that he had his much loved fathers blessings before he died.

Needless to say, the Clergy did not respond well, nor the public, nor the senate. Loyalists claim that the persecution of homosexuals and related groups in Christianity was due to Papist edits of holy text, and Old Hebrew laws. They furthermore claim that it is a perversion of the accepting, loving and counter cultural teachings of Jesus Christ, making countless reference to the equal rolls of women around him, and many of his quotes against traditionalism and the Laws of the Torah.

Needless to say, These ideals are also extremely controversial, calling for BIG changes in a church that literally styles itself as 'Orthodox'. However, the youth of the nation, who, thou still spiritual, are mistrusting of the church in most cases (as typical semi-religious youth), Libertarians, and just flat out Loyalists have split the nation roughly in half. The two sides, 'Church Loyalists' and 'Imperial Loyalists' refuse to compromise with one another, and a split in the small 'Holy Empire' via succession is no where in sight, as both sides Refuse the lose the Holy City. As impending conflict between the two forces draw near, the majority of the Patriarch's supporters have moved to the eastern half of the city, on the Asian minor, as the Imperial Palace, close to the Hagia Sophia are crawling with Imperial Forces. On the 20th of November, the Patriarch moved to Smyrna (Izmir), where his supporter, and current representative of the Smyrna Province, is planning on declaring independence from Konstantinoplis, (and taking Constantinople in the war that would fallow.)

Conflict looms over the city, as well as the nation, Impending Civil War is all but unstoppable. Both fractions cry for international support.

(OOC - and yes, sorry if this is mildly/just plain unrealistic, I thought it might be an interesting idea. Please refrain from incredibly short posts claiming to send over a number of ships/troops, this is a RP for those interested in the premise enough to actually rp. Also if this is in the wrong section, I'll gladly relocate and apologize.)
Last edited by Byzantine Konstantinopolis on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantine Konstantinopolis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:49 pm

(OOC- Sorry for a this repost, but I seemed to have forgotten adding this to the topic - the reason this is a international incident.)

Offical Communications Document of
the Kingdom of Konstantinopolis

To any nation this is sent too, we plea for your help in our struggle to come, as impending civil was draws near. Soon to be self proclaimed 'President George Roubanis of Symrna' has made it clear he plans to declare independence, as well as attempt to take our capital and namesake, the City of Konstaninopilis due to reasons of Religious Controversy. This Plan of rebellion and invasion can no longer go unnoticed by the international community, as our nation not teeters and the brink of Chaos.

We Request the Political Aid of any and all foreign nations sympathetic to our cause, as well as for reinforcements around our borders, and in-particular our Capital City, the jewel of the Bosporus that the rebels intend to lay siege too. We hope that with enough support, we may avoid war all together, and reincorporation the Symrna region back into our De-facto Nation. If this is not possible, then we request Military aid against George Roubanis and his fanatics in the conflict that draws ever closer to our homes.

Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis, Emporer of the Eastern Roman Empire, Basileus of Konstantinopolis
Last edited by Byzantine Konstantinopolis on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vultasia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vultasia » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:10 am

The Queen of The Kingdom of Vultasia, Queen Lilith Von Blutdurst, have expressed political support for the Emperor of Konstaninopolis alongside her LGBT chancellor, Constantine Archileos IV. Despite the both of them being non religious, they hail and run a country that is open to homosexuality and are appalled that a civil war would break out because of a homosexual Emperor. Crowds of Vultaisans, both LGBT and Hetero have gathered the street in support of Konstaninopolis' emperor, supporting his military in the civil war claiming they are in the right for being open to homosexuality while the other side is wrong for starting a war over something no one should even consider an issue. Vultasia's non-interventionist policy is strictly hindering any support, but the support of a somewhat major nation would raise morale of the Imperial Troops valiantly defending their emperor's right to love. "As a Christian minority in Vultasia" said one arch bishop for the Blutleben Church, "Jesus have taught us to love one another as he have loved us because we all sin, so being a homosexual is nothing wrong since it is just as bad as a man going for a woman, it is all sin that can be forgiven through the love of Jesus Christ himself. I support our Emperor because he understood the beauty of Christ's love". 800 Vultasians have volunteered to fight for the Emperor when the Vultasian government is unable to act in any way but political support, 450 of them being veterans who participated in the Franco-Vultasian war, the war that made France a third world country it is today while the Vultasian military became feared for their cruelty and prowess. "We are fighting for what is right" said former Sergeant Fritz Pohl, "We are no longer serving the Vultasian military, so we are offering our services to another in which we believe is fighting for the right". The Vultasian government currently condemns the opposition movement.
Me|Secret to a man's heart
Anthem|Factbook|OvO
~Super Adorable Yandere That'll Kill You If You No Love Me~
Tarvelia wrote:Thy are both the absolute cutest and scariest nation... Yitia is a close second.

Luveria wrote:You don't understand. Your only position is to do whatever Vulty demands.

Las Palmeras wrote:The Vultasians do it better...

Hathradic States wrote:With one sentence, you have creeped me out more than my ex wife ever did.

Mr Rogers Neighbourhood wrote:I am honestly convinced you're one of the scariest nations on NationStates.

Frisivisia wrote:Evil is measured by People Killed mulitplied with Laugh Manicalness Factor plus Mustache Hilariousness Divided by kittens owned.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantine Konstantinopolis » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:27 am

The Emperor Responded gleefully to both the moral support and Militaristic support. The number of experienced warriors that had entered into his service was music to his ears. In response to these volunteers, he created a new unit in the Konstaninopolan Military Dubbed 'The Vulastasian Legion'.

Evil Lord Bane
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Evil Lord Bane » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:11 am

To: Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis, Emporer of the Eastern Roman Empire, Basileus of Konstantinopolis
From: Evil Lord Bane, Supreme Overlord, The Borderlands of Evil Lord Bane

Emperor Nikolaidis,

First, let me offer my sympathy for the crisis your nation now faces. You have unwittingly stepped into the national morality trap, which prevents nations like yours from entering the twenty first century with the rest of the world, as you cling to laws conceived in the dark ages by a foreign power. But when a nation feels it necessary to legislate those morality codes on it citizens, the morality trap is set, tying the hand off all who rule thereafter. Fortunately for my nation, with it's many diverse religions, none of which has the throat of the nation in it's hand, we have declared our government amoral, and leave the morality codes up to individual religions to enforce on there own members. This gives us the leverage we need to legalize civil rights issues like same sex marriage and child adoption, a law we have been living with for many years now, when they run contrary to moral implications.

By decree of our national parliament, and with my approval, my nation is willing to sell weapons, munitions, tanks, aircraft, warships and make available food, medicine and mercenaries with the Super Solder genetic enhancement to your cause, and help put down the rebellion your nation now faces. In the case of mercenaries we cannot supply a very large force due to their national commitment, so I can only offer about 2 million troops. I am sorry we cannot make more available. Because of non-intervention polices, we can not supply direct troop support, but can send trainers and advisers to help you in your struggles. We also cannot pull your nation our of the moralistic quagmire which it will eventually sink into. This is something your government and people must deal with on your own, and we can only wish you the best of luck. I have also made diplomatic channels open between our respective offices, if you would like to contact me, you can do so directly.

Sincerely,
Evil Lord Bane, Supreme Overlord, The Borderlands of Evil Lord Bane
Last edited by Evil Lord Bane on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Please note: The scoring in this years Deathrace has been changed. Please click here for the updated scoring chart.
We've improved on the Toxic Death Clouds that hangs above our whole nation. They are now radioactive as well!
Top 3 most read factbook entries:
Popular Deathsports - Carmageddon and Auto Dueling.
Vehicular Weaponization: Do's and Don't's.
Outzones and How to Survive Them.
Disclaimer: The name comes from the game Warlords, and has nothing to do with any DC comic book characters.
Try our new, improved Soylent Green, now with 20% more girls!

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantine Konstantinopolis » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:39 am

Evil Lord Bane wrote:To: Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis, Emporer of the Eastern Roman Empire, Basileus of Konstantinopolis

Emperor Nikolaidis,

First, let me offer my sympathy for the crisis your nation now faces. You have unwittingly stepped into the national morality trap, which prevents nations like yours from entering the twenty first century with the rest of the world, as you cling to laws conceived in the dark ages by a foreign power. But when a nation feels it necessary to legislate those morality codes on it citizens, the morality trap is set, tying the hand off all who rule thereafter. Fortunately for my nation, with it's many diverse religions, none of which has the throat of the nation in it's hand, we have declared our government amoral, and leave the morality codes up to individual religions to enforce on there own members. This gives us the leverage we need to legalize civil rights issues like same sex marriage and child adoption, a law we have been living with for many years now, when they run contrary to moral implications.

By decree of our national parliament, and with my approval, my nation is willing to sell weapons, munitions, tanks, aircraft, warships and make available food, medicine and mercenaries with the Super Solder genetic enhancement to your cause, and help put down the rebellion your nation now faces. Because of non-intervention polices, we can not supply direct troop support, but can send trainers and advisers to help you in your struggles. We also cannot pull your nation our of the moralistic quagmire which it will eventually sink into. This is something your government and people must deal with on your own, and we can only wish you the best of luck. I have also made diplomatic channels open between our respective offices, if you would like to contact me, you can do so directly.

Sincerely,

I, Emperor of Eastern Rome, Grandson of the first reinstated Christian Basileus of Konstantoplis, and Son of the great Emperor Alexandre Nikolaidis II, Blood of Greece and Russia and Sovereign of the Kingdom of Konstantinopolis, offer you my unending thanks, and salute you in your recognition of our struggles against dark age moralists who have forgotten the very words of there lord and savior. An ignorant and hardheaded population makes it easy for people like the Patriarch and Senator Roubanis to take advantage of any given controversy that shows up.

This however, is also a time of opportunity for my nation, the old-minded and ultra-conservative have now all but separated themselves from the empire, and I have been given my chance to launch major reforms to launch the Kingdom of Konstantinopolis into the modern world, as well as to reform the Orthodox Church of Konstantinopolis back into the teachings of Jesus Christ, and away from the blabbings of those who used his name for power, and otherwise those who could not come close to understanding his teachings. As made clear by my brash, if not otherwise unnecessary public announcement of my relationship with Captian Kirill Alexei Dmitriev of the Varangian Guard, I have intended to reform this nation from the moment I sat on the throne.

We Accept any and all aid we can get from The Borderlands of Bane, thou we can offer nothing in return of great value, I welcome you to visit our shining capital city, and stay for as long as you like in the Imperial Palace's Finest Guest Room, the very least I can do is thank you in person. If there is any request at all you have for the Kingdom of Konstantinopolis feel free to ask.

Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis, Emporer of the Eastern Roman Empire, Basileus of Konstantinopolis
Last edited by Byzantine Konstantinopolis on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The New Red Republic
Attaché

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Red Republic » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 am

Telecommunications Department of The Empire of The New Red Republic

Offical Telegram from Emperor Sir Viceroy Zyclon
To: Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis, Emperor of the Eastern Roman Empire

The people of the Empire of The New Red Republic stand with you and your supporters in your time of need, we are outraged at this rebellion of barbaric proportions against your official seat of government and they're intentions of causing violence and chaos. I will send 15 surface to air missiles and 100 of our most prized main-battle-tank, the E5 with tank crews to train your forces, also I will send 1,200 peacekeepers to help protect your capital. We shall make sure these rebels will be wiped off the face of the Earth, and that your empire will stay intact to prevent the destabilization of the region as a whole. I will have my commanders monitor the situation closely to prevent civilian casualties and to track rebel activities. May we bring peace between our great empires.

Sincerely,
Emperor Sir Viceroy Zyclon

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantine Konstantinopolis » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:33 am

The New Red Republic wrote:
Telecommunications Department of The Empire of The New Red Republic

(Image)

Offical Telegram from Emperor Sir Viceroy Zyclon
To: Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis, Emperor of the Eastern Roman Empire

The people of the Empire of The New Red Republic stand with you and your supporters in your time of need, we are outraged at this rebellion of barbaric proportions against your official seat of government and they're intentions of causing violence and chaos. I will send 15 surface to air missiles and 100 of our most prized main-battle-tank, the E5 with tank crews to train your forces, also I will send 1,200 peacekeepers to help protect your capital. We shall make sure these rebels will be wiped off the face of the Earth, and that your empire will stay intact to prevent the destabilization of the region as a whole. I will have my commanders monitor the situation closely to prevent civilian casualties and to track rebel activities. May we bring peace between our great empires.

Sincerely,
Emperor Sir Viceroy Zyclon

The New Red Republic, despite apparent Idealolgical differences has proven itself a friendly and giving a nation, ran by a strong and brave government, you have our eternal thanks. With your help, we well no doubt be able to suppress or destroy this treacherous separation movement, and the puppeteers of the ignorant responsible for it. Once the Rebellion is Quashed, I look forward to pursuing closer diplomatic relations with the New Red Republic, and promote international friendship between out too great nations.

Toradora
Envoy

Founded: Mar 13, 2011
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Toradora » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Emperor Nikolaidis,

I have attached an excerpt of Council Resolution 15, which passed this morning through the Revolutionary Council of the Democratic People's Republic of Toradora by a vote of ten in the affirmitive, with two abstaining.

In accordance with CR15 resolution attached below, we are dispatching elements of our Defensive Forces to assist you as follows, operating under a joint/integrated command per your discretion:

**Taskforce Omega
---13 ships of a mixed element including a Kirov battlecruiser, four converted Ohio-class guided missile submarines, three Ticonderoga air-defense cruisers, and various support, anti-submarine (ASW), refueling, and littoral ships

Democratic People's Republic of Toradora Revolutionary Council Resolution 15

Whereas, The Kingdom of Konstantinopolis has a proven historical record as a force of peace, justice, stability, and compassion.

Whereas, The Kingdom of Konstantinopolis has implemented steps to further the cause of human gender equality.

Whereas, The Democratic People's Republic of Toradora wishes to forge alliances with superpowers across the globe to further guarantee the independent sovereignty of the same.

Therefore, be it resolved that elements of the Maritime Revolutionary Guard of The Democratic People's Republic of Toradora be employed in such a fashion that ensures the continuity of the rule of Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis, and the continuation of The Kingdom of Konstantinopolis; protecting it's citizens, sovereignty, and territorial integrity from all threats foreign and domestic, until such time as the Emperor Nikolaidis deems fit.

Signed,
The Revolutionary Council of The Democratic People's Republic of Toradora
Katherie Hobbes, Chairman
Last edited by Toradora on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Comsha
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Comsha » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:35 pm

To: Emperor Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis

Hearing your plea for help we are, as we speak preparing a total of 18 million troops to aid you in this much unneeded battle.
We will help you protect your beloved capital city, and also assist you in the offense of these rebellious terrorists. Our nation has decided to bring weapons for you, and those who assist you in this battle, and will like you to consider this a gift free of charge.

Our men are prepared to die for this cause, although we wish for as few friendly casualties as possible. We are also offering a prolonged stay in your country in the aftermath of this civil war, to help patrol and secure the land in case of new rebellious uprising.

sincerely yours

security council - The Armed Nation of Comsha

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantine Konstantinopolis » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Toradora wrote:Emperor Nikolaidis,

I have attached an excerpt of Council Resolution 15, which passed this morning through the Revolutionary Council of the Democratic People's Republic of Toradora by a vote of ten in the affirmitive, with two abstaining.

In accordance with CR15 resolution attached below, we are dispatching elements of our Defensive Forces to assist you as follows, operating under a joint/integrated command per your discretion:

**Taskforce Omega
---13 ships of a mixed element including a Kirov battlecruiser, four converted Ohio-class guided missile submarines, three Ticonderoga air-defense cruisers, and various support, anti-submarine (ASW), refueling, and littoral ships

Democratic People's Republic of Toradora Revolutionary Council Resolution 15

Whereas, The Kingdom of Konstantinopolis has a proven historical record as a force of peace, justice, stability, and compassion.

Whereas, The Kingdom of Konstantinopolis has implemented steps to further the cause of human gender equality.

Whereas, The Democratic People's Republic of Toradora wishes to forge alliances with superpowers across the globe to further guarantee the independent sovereignty of the same.

Therefore, be it resolved that elements of the Maritime Revolutionary Guard of The Democratic People's Republic of Toradora be employed in such a fashion that ensures the continuity of the rule of Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis, and the continuation of The Kingdom of Konstantinopolis; protecting it's citizens, sovereignty, and territorial integrity from all threats foreign and domestic, until such time as the Emperor Nikolaidis deems fit.

Signed,
The Revolutionary Council of The Democratic People's Republic of Toradora
Katherie Hobbes, Chairman

We, the people of the Eastern Roman Imperium, descendents of the Greeks and of the Romans, Extend our unending thanks to the new revolutionary government of Toradora, who just as us, has been working so hard to establish freedom and gender equality amongst its population. Furthermore, I would like to propose swapping embassies with the new Democratic Peoples Republic of Toradora, and peruse close diplomatic relationships.

With the backing of your powerful navy, the Bosphorus, and as a result Konstantinopolis well be safe from invasion from the perry armies of Senator Roubanis, the Patriarch and there dogs. Once the war is over and the traitors are quashed, I well presume the further development of my nation, assuring to modernize Konstantinopolis into a world Benchmark of Human Rights, and Libertarian Christianity.

Comsha wrote:To: Emperor Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis

Hearing your plea for help we are, as we speak preparing a total of 18 million troops to aid you in this much unneeded battle.
We will help you protect your beloved capital city, and also assist you in the offense of these rebellious terrorists. Our nation has decided to bring weapons for you, and those who assist you in this battle, and will like you to consider this a gift free of charge.

Our men are prepared to die for this cause, although we wish for as few friendly casualties as possible. We are also offering a prolonged stay in your country in the aftermath of this civil war, to help patrol and secure the land in case of new rebellious uprising.

sincerely yours

security council - The Armed Nation of Comsha

Once I has received the News from the Armed nation of Comsha, I must admit, I nearly collapsed. It was as if once again god came down form heaven and touched me, reassuring the moral validity or my planned reformations, as well as my personal romantic life. With an Army as large as yours sparing so many troops to our cause, the last chances of the Senator Roubanis' Ambition seem to have been done away with, and with your planned post-war peace-keeping, the future of Konstantinopolis is set in stone to be bright, modern and free.

The Loyal people of the East Roman Imperium thank you and your nation, once the war is over, we look forward to building a tight, open, and everlasting friendship between our two great nations. We await you in the capital.

Comsha
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Comsha » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Dear Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis

The Armed Republic of Comsha would like to inform you that the first group consisting of 500.000 special forces have been sent and are expected to arrive at your capital any moment.

The security council have decided to send the CSC (Comsha Special Commando) squad first to examine the situation. The intelligence gathered will be used to further deciding the level of experience needed on the next group of arriving soldiers. You can consider these special forces to be at your disposal in any type of mission needed, both defense and offense.

Sincerely: Crantor Amrando, Foreign Affairs - Comsha Security Council

First Valerian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby First Valerian Empire » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Recipient(s): Church of Byzantine Konstantiopolis
Date: November 215,2012
Sender(s): Valyrian Office of Foreign Affairs,Napoleon I of Valyria
Subject: ''The Heretic of Constantinople''

It has come to my personal attention that your supposed monarch anointed under the light of God & all god loving Christians of his realm, has revealed himself to be a heretic and a sodomite bent on destroying the good name of the faith and weakening the hold of god over the people of this Land. If you would so choose, I am prepared to commit the vast resources at my command to deposing the Sodomite and restoring a Just & Christian bloodline to the throne. Let us put aside petty ideological differences and unite under the cause of Heaven.
Napoleon I
The Valyrian Imperium
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩۩۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
''Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.''

Quovis Celestis
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quovis Celestis » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Recipient(s): Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis
Subject(s): An Impending Civil War
Sender(s): Senate and Congress of the Aeternal Seraphic Imperium of Quovis Celestis, Office of Foreign Affairs, and His Radiance and Most Exalted Highness Imperator Nicholas Cornelius Haile II
Date: Sunday, November 25, MMXII

The Senate and Congress of the Aeternal Seraphic Imperium of Quovis Celestis have deliberated justly and consulted with His Most Exalted Highness Imperator Haile II and the Office of Foreign Affairs. The aforementioned parties have come to the following consensuses regarding the coming civil war in Byzantine Konstantinopolis.

I.We condemn the faction known as the "Church Loyalists" for the following reasons:
i.The Imperium and Imperator himself personally reject the blatant homophobia of this faction, we are outraged that his Highness must suffer this sort of bigotry from his own people. The Imperium shall never tolerate bigotry and homophobia, religiously based or otherwise.
ii.The Imperium recognizes His Highness Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis as rightful ruler of Byzantine Konstantinopolis, and views the "Church Loyalists" as pretenders.
iii. The Imperium views the "Church Loyalists" as exciters of this conflict, and places blame for inciting the conflict on them.

II.The Imperium officially brands the faction known as the "Church Loyalists" as rebels and traitors to the rightful rule and government of His Highness Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis.

III.The Imperium makes available monetary loans from the National Bank to the Government of the Emperor at the rate of 1.2% interest compounded biannually.These loans must be repaid in full within a period of 10 years.

IV.The Red Cross of Quovis Celestis along with the Department of Humanitarian Aid offers aid to civilians of both sides of the conflict. We hope the Emperor will be just in allowing us to provide comfort to all civilians affected despite their political allegiance.

Sincerely;
Raphael P. Adventicius, Secretarius of the Office of Foreign Affairs
Nicholas Cornelius Haile II, Emperor of the Celestorian People

Last edited by Quovis Celestis on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantine Konstantinopolis » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:26 pm

OOC - The First Valyrian Empire well from now on play the church Loyalists and the Seperatist Republic of Smyrna

Alexios smiled as he read the report from Comsha, his forces already far outnumbered, and outmatched the rebels, his side held political validity as a nation, and areas loyal to him held the most important positions. Everything was leaning to his favor, soon the Senator and his hallow minded patriarchal dogs would be nothing but cause to gloat. He then moved on to awnser the letter he recieved from Quovis Celestits.

Quovis Celestis wrote:
(Image)
Recipient(s): Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis
Subject(s): An Impending Civil War
Sender(s): Senate and Congress of the Aeternal Seraphic Imperium of Quovis Celestis, Office of Foreign Affairs, and His Most Exalted Highness Imperator Nicholas Cornelius Haile II
Date: Sunday, November 25, MMXII

(Image)

The Senate and Congress of the Aeternal Seraphic Imperium of Quovis Celestis have deliberated justly and consulted with His Most Exalted Highness Imperator Haile II and the Office of Foreign Affairs. The aforementioned parties have come to the following consensuses regarding the coming civil war in Byzantine Konstantinopolis.

I.We condemn the faction known as the "Church Loyalists" for the following reasons:
i.The Imperium and Imperator himself personally reject the blatant homophobia of this faction, we are outraged that his Highness must suffer this sort of bigotry from his own people. The Imperium shall never tolerate bigotry and homophobia, religiously based or otherwise.
ii.The Imperium recognizes His Highness Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis as rightful ruler of Byzantine Konstantinopolis, and views the "Church Loyalists" as pretenders.
iii. The Imperium views the "Church Loyalists" as exciters of this conflict, and places blame for inciting the conflict on them.

II.The Imperium officially brands the faction known as the "Church Loyalists" as rebels and traitors to the rightful rule and government of His Highness Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis.

III.The Imperium makes available monetary loans from the National Bank to the Government of the Emperor at the rate of 1.2% interest compounded biannually.These loans must be repaid in full within a period of 10 years.

IV.The Red Cross of Quovis Celestis along with the Department of Humanitarian Aid offers aid to civilians of both sides of the conflict. We hope the Emperor will be just in allowing us to provide comfort to all civilians affected despite their political allegiance.

(Image)
Sincerely;
Raphael P. Adventicius, Secretarius of the Office of Foreign Affairs
Nicholas Cornelius Haile II, Emperor of the Celestorian People

(Image)

I, Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis, Emporer of the Eastern Roman Empire, Third Basileus of the Kingdom of Konstantinopolis, my senate, and my people, extend our thanks to the Government and Citizens of Quovis Celestis, who have chosen not to ignore, but acknowledge our current struggle with impending rebellion and invasion. As the Emperor of New East Rome, and as a Christian, it is my duties to protect the people of the Ancient Capital and its territories, regardless of how brainwashed or mislead they may be, and do not object in the slightest the idea of your redcross healing victims of Roubanis' conflict from both sides of Byzantium.

Evil Lord Bane
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Evil Lord Bane » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:49 am

To: Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis, Emporer of the Eastern Roman Empire, Basileus of Konstantinopolis

Emperor Nikolaidis,
After reading your communique, one thing has become obvious, the institution of religion has a stranglehold on your nation. I personally commend your efforts to loosen the grip wrapped around your nation's throat.

Enroute as we speak, I have sent a starting force of 1000000 mercenary troops with the so called "Super Solder" genetic enhancements. With that and special training, they have the fighting ability of 10 ordinary human troops. In addition, 1000 light tanks (designated Viper Strike), 600 Heavy Tanks (designated Thor's Hammer), 1000 Self Propelled Rocket Artillery, 1000 Light Fighter Aircraft (designated Mosquitoes), 500 Heavy Fighter/Bombers (designated Hunter Killers), 400 Attack Helicopters, and all necessary support personnel and logistics. If this force proves inadequate, I have another 1000000 more troops on stand by. I am sorry this is all we can spare, as we have other defensive regional commitments. The armada of 150 Warships and 60 Transports is on there way to your nation as we speak. Having spotted and mapped the location of rebel forces on our spy satellites, we are committed to a "friendly invasion" of your country. Our forces will land near the heart of rebel held territory, and after air and artillery strikes, will clear a path to your capital city by going thought areas now claimed by the rebels. After our forces arrive in your capital, a relief column of supply will be set up, providing food and medicine to your population, arms and ammo for your troops. We will then begin to mop up any remaining resistance still active in your nation , Given the tiny size of your counrty, we expect this operation to take no more than 100 hours to complete. Most estimates place the compleation time of this operation in 2 to 3 days.

As far as payment for our help, I noticed your nation has rich uranium mines, I am sure we can set up a deal base on your resources. Other than than, it is within our best intrest to protect pro capitalist nation such as the ones we both represent. It is a hope of mine, that when this nasty business is concluded, you will one day visit our nation as my personal guest, and formal diplomatic relations can be arranged between our two nations.

Sincerely,
Last edited by Evil Lord Bane on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Please note: The scoring in this years Deathrace has been changed. Please click here for the updated scoring chart.
We've improved on the Toxic Death Clouds that hangs above our whole nation. They are now radioactive as well!
Disclaimer: The name comes from the game Warlords, and has nothing to do with any DC comic book characters.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:44 am

Dear highness Nicholidas,

The New Roman Empire Templar Order Chapter has answered your call for aid. We will deploy 1200 templars and 9000 regular military to assist as well.

Sincerely,
Emperor John
Last edited by New Roman Empire on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantine Konstantinopolis » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:52 am

Evil Lord Bane wrote:To: Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis, Emporer of the Eastern Roman Empire, Basileus of Konstantinopolis

Emperor Nikolaidis,
After reading your communique, one thing has become obvious, the institution of religion has a stranglehold on your nation. I personally commend your efforts to loosen the grip wrapped around your nation's throat.

Enroute as we speak, I have sent a starting force of 1000000 mercenary troops with the so called "Super Solder" genetic enhancements. With that and special training, they have the fighting ability of 10 ordinary human troops. In addition, 10000 light tanks (designated Viper Strike), 6000 Heavy Tanks (designated Thor's Hammer), 10000 Self Propelled Rocket Artillery, 10000 Light Fighter Aircraft (designated Mosquitoes), 5000 Heavy Fighter/Bombers (designated Hunter Killers), 4000 Attack Helicopters, and all necessary support personnel and logistics. If this force proves inadequate, I have 9000000 more troops on stand by. I am sorry this is all we can spare, as we have other defensive regional commitments. The armada of 1500 Warships and 600 Transports is on there way to your nation as we speak. Having spotted and mapped the location of rebel forces on our spy satellites, we are committed to a "friendly invasion" of your country. Our forces will land near the heart of rebel held territory, and after air and artillery strikes, will clear a path to your capital city by going thought areas now claimed by the rebels. After our forces arrive in your capital, a relief column of supply will be set up, providing food and medicine to your population, arms and ammo for your troops. We will then begin to mop up any remaining resistance still active in your nation , Given the tiny size of your counrty, we expect this operation to take no more than 100 hours to complete. Most estimates place the compleation time of this operation in 2 to 3 days.

As far as payment for our help, I noticed your nation has rich uranium mines, I am sure we can set up a deal base on your resources. Other than than, it is within our best intrest to protect pro capitalist nation such as the ones we both represent. It is a hope of mine, that when this nasty business is concluded, you will one day visit our nation as my personal guest, and formal diplomatic relations can be arranged between our two nations.

Sincerely,

Thou I am beyond pleased to see such a powerful ally stepping into our side, I must ask for the invasion to be halted until Senator Roubanis publicly declares himself independent of the empire, and redirect your troops to stay at the capital. I have also received word that Smyrna may have gained an extreme powerfully ally, the First Valyrian Empire... as such, I have decided to call a meeting for the leaders of all nations involved in the conflict, or a representative thereof, to all meet in Konstantinopolis before the war is officially declared.

If the news about Valyria is true, and they truly do plan to put there back bone in it... Then we may need you far more then before. Thank you for your continued effort to keep peace in my nation.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantine Konstantinopolis » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:03 am

New Roman Empire wrote:
Dear highness Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis,

The New Roman Empire Templar Order Chapter has answered your call for aid. We will deploy 1200 templars and 9000 regular military to assist as well.

Sincerely,
Emperor John

The people of Konstantinopolis thank you! As I do as well. We are happy to know the large and powerful New Roman Empire refuses to leave its Roman bothers to suffer from rebellion and Foreign invasion. let us uphold the glory that once was hand in hand against these treasonous agressors.

Ultimus Romanorum

Alexios Kondrashka Nikolaidis, Emporer of the Eastern Roman Empire, Basileus of Konstantinopolis[/quote]

Evil Lord Bane
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Evil Lord Bane » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Lord Bane and his warlords sat around the holomaps at the central table in the war situation room. They could see clearly the location of the rebel forces as red dots, the ones still loyal to Emporer Nikolaidis in a defensive array around the capital as blue dots on the map. He had read all the other dispatches from other nations in support of Emporer Nikolaidis. He had also seen the troubling one from the First Valerian Empire, which had thrown a monkey wrench into the works, but at the same time, made it much more interesting to him. With the exception of Comsha's half a million troops, the other supporting nations where only throwing token forces, and labeled them as "peacekeepers".

He turned to an aid, and asked for intel on the First Valerian Empire, then asked how long before his armada arrived in Konstantinopolis. His chief of staff spoke up, it will be another 7 or 8 hours before the first ships where offshore. His aid returned a few minute later, with the information requested. Lord Bane looked at it.

"A large nation with a struggling economy, more people than us, but 10 million less troops, interesting. But still, we have no quarrel with them otherwise, and I am not sure if defending such a small nation is worth dragging our allies into an escalated war. Who drew the short straw on this one, who is in charge of the ground operation?"

"That would be Warlord Patty Marlo, sir. And she volunteered for the mission."

"I know her. She is the one who risked her carrier in order to testify before parliament when the question of gay rights came up all those years ago. I believe she is the only openly gay officer on the command staff. No wonder she jumped on this assignment, when she could have stayed in her nice big, warm government provided house like the rest of you lazy idiots. Tell her there has been a change of plans. She is to dispatch 10000 troops and 100 light tanks to the capital city of Konstantinopolis under the banner of peacekeepers and have them bring in humanitarian aid. She is to go with them, and the rest of the armada is to remain offshore in international waters. If these rebels or there new ally fires on them, we can label this First Valerian Empire as foreign interventionist and an aggressor nation. This would get the WA on there ass, not that means anything, but still. Then our allies, when they hear we came under attack while delivering humanitarian aid and trying to keep peace in that small nation, will jump to our "defence", I'm sure. The rest of the nations defending the capital will most likely jump in, and we will have a proper war on our hands, with a big advantage in our favor. One more thing, write a dispatch out to Emporer Nikolaidis. Tell him what we are doing, and that we feel by taking a less provocative stance, it will give him a better chance at arriving at a peaceful solution, and we may be able to avoid this war all together. I am sure as a reasonable man, he can see the logic in that."

"Yes Sir, right away."
Last edited by Evil Lord Bane on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantine Konstantinopolis » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Alexious sat on his imperial throne, his advisers, generals, loyal senators and a part of the Varangian Garud, including Kirill, present with him as he read over the dispatch from The Borderlands of Evil Lord Bane. The pressure was on, he squinted his eyes at the page, trying to think on his resolve, whatever it was, he'd have to answer fast, to the opportunity was lost. His senators, most of them pleaded that he should not be seen as the 'first aggressor', others however disagreed that it would be seen in that way at all. The lands of Bane had the largest and most powerful force in this war, but his fear of Valyria still crept over him the fear that those Catholic imperialists would stop at nothing to turn Konstantinopolis into a puppet protectorate, so that Napoleon could add another few words to his long and fancy title. However this time, the lands of Bane evidently seemed more invested, infact, it was almost as if they WANTED to confront Valyria, a clash of superpowers...

"I have made my decision." Alexious regained his composure, the young emperor's hands grasping the arms of the throne firmly "I well allow Bane's military to freely patrol the rebellious side of the country."

Some of his less decisive advisers and present senators looked in shock to him, one of them speaking up "B-but my Basilius, if our coalition was to be seen as aggressing upon Roubanis' Territories-"

"They are still my Territories senator Heron, and even if they had separated they would still be mine by law, and I have decided to open my borders to The Borderlands of Bane. General Hypathos, send a message to Bane stating that his forces are free to move anywhere they like within my imperial dominion."

The Taryegeans
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

The perversion of the Kostantinopolis Emperor

Postby The Taryegeans » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:03 pm

To: Any it may concern, especially the Kingdom of Kostantinopolis.

While the Federation has not and does not put any stock in religion, it is the policy of this nation to regard homosexual as non-humans. They are disgusting, and the ability of the Emperor to rule does not exist any longer. However, the might of the Federal Armed forces will not be brought against the smaller kingdom, provided the Emperor abdicates from his position, and the position is restored to a proper, heterosexual, Emperor.

Signed,

President Stahl.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantine Konstantinopolis » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:23 pm

The Taryegeans wrote:From: The Democratic Federation of the Taryegeans
To: Any it may concern, especially the Kingdom of Kostantinopolis.

While the Federation has not and does not put any stock in religion, it is the policy of this nation to regard homosexual as non-humans. They are disgusting, and the ability of the Emperor to rule does not exist any longer. However, the might of the Federal Armed forces will not be brought against the smaller kingdom, provided the Emperor abdicates from his position, and the position is restored to a proper, heterosexual, Emperor.

Signed,

President Stahl.

And do you not have any other 'non-human' leaders you could persecute elsewhere? Interesting you would choose this international bloodbath in the works as your playground to play bully on. Moral grounds aside, the people of Konstantinopolis do not back down and shiver from the orders of foreign powers, especially those who have minimal interest in the conflict. If you so wish to rear your heads in alongside the rebellious and the Valeryian, so be it, come and reveal yourself in the chaos of war and make your petty and worthlessly nil point clear. Otherwise, act like a proper politician and learn to pick your battles where they count.

Last edited by Byzantine Konstantinopolis on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vultasia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vultasia » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Queen Lilith, the "Deathless Onlooker" of Vultasia lays on her bed keeping up with the civil war in Byzantine Konstaninopolis worried about her people and how the rebels would react after hearing the news one of her Lucifer Guard who was sent to keep an eye on her people volunteering for the Emperor's army assassinated an entire unit of rebels in self defense. Lucifer Guards work in direct orders from the Queen, hearing news of 5,000 rebels being mercilessly slaughtered by one of her guard causes her to fear an invasion by rebel forces. Captain Nergal of the Lucifer Guard rushed into her bedroom.

"Mam, we have received a telegram from Lieutenant Hans of the Lucifer Guard that 150 of the volunteers fighting for the Emperor's army have been killed and 2.5 million pirates are looting and pillaging rebel ships and sending 70% of all the loot to the Emperor of Byzantium. These pirates are displaying the Vultasian flag and are using Vampire Bats, our national animal, as nighttime killers. Many of our Lucifer Guards in the country were originally given orders to be observers and an eye for the volunteering citizens are now fighting for their lives. Some of the rebels now believe we are militarily supporting the loyalists."

The Queen, dismayed at the situation asked in a raspy voice "But if I were to order our Guards to retreat, I'll look weak and abandoning our people....are rebel leaders open for peace talk between two forces?"

"Your majesty, we have tried contacting them for talk, none are very interested", Nergal looks indifferent to the situation, only concerning himself with his men in Byzantium. "If you would like, we can try again and order our Lucifer Guards to lurk in the shadows for any information we can use into getting both parties to talk"

The Queen felt slightly more relaxed, brushing her fiery red hair aside, "..do you know anything about one of our Lucifers killing 5,000 rebels who were pursuing him?"

"We have word he was impaled on a tree branch after killing another 1,500, it took 8,000 rebels to take down that one guard. We are only able to identify him as a Major, his body is too burnt to recognise and he burned himself before dying as a part of our Code of Honour, therefore DNA sampling is almost impossible. However, we have received information from the pirates on the whereabouts of all strategic locations of the rebels. To prevent any more lives lost, we can use the information we have to blackmail the rebels into the talk tables"

The Queen smiled, "Then do, I want to see this civil war over..."

"Your orders are the promises we'll give our flesh and bone to complete, your majesty" said Nergal as he walked out of the room, contacting all available people to give negotiation between the loyalists and rebels another shot.

Meanwhile near the Byzantium Coast, Pirate Captain Jan and his 20,000 ships of 2.5 million pirate volunteers is watching his men keelhauling rebel sailors. "Hahaha, where is ye God now, bigot?" he snapped his fingers and several of the women on the pirate ship began feasting on the blood of other sailors while others are either being keelhauled or flogged.

"Captain! Those scourges are comin to sink our sow!" shouted one of the observer.

"Burn all ye rebels, I say! Mi sister is a lesbian and she would pack a punch like a cannon if she were here fightin', yarharhar!" shouted the captain

"Captain, why don't we just kill all the rebels, rescue all the loyalist and coalition prisoners and have that ship under an ally command sail with us to bully other rebel ships?" asked one of the female pirates

"Good thinkin', lassie" said the pirate captain, "Then just burn them rebel wenches alive! Or better yet, keep em' prisoner and have all ye most handsome amongst us French kiss them in front of their bill-for-brain captains as mental torture, ye? Show em' how beautiful gay love is!"

200 ships of 250,000 pirates are heartily laughing as they charge towards an Armada of rebel ships, Air Pirates are preparing to drop loyalist soldiers on rebel deck as sea pirates are hoping on board rebel ships aiding their loyalist ally.
Last edited by Vultasia on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me|Secret to a man's heart
Anthem|Factbook|OvO
~Super Adorable Yandere That'll Kill You If You No Love Me~
Tarvelia wrote:Thy are both the absolute cutest and scariest nation... Yitia is a close second.

Luveria wrote:You don't understand. Your only position is to do whatever Vulty demands.

Las Palmeras wrote:The Vultasians do it better...

Hathradic States wrote:With one sentence, you have creeped me out more than my ex wife ever did.

Mr Rogers Neighbourhood wrote:I am honestly convinced you're one of the scariest nations on NationStates.

Frisivisia wrote:Evil is measured by People Killed mulitplied with Laugh Manicalness Factor plus Mustache Hilariousness Divided by kittens owned.

First Valerian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby First Valerian Empire » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:43 am

1100 Hours
Eastern Konstantinopolis

Senator Ridiger paced impatiently in a quiet dark back room of the Central News Network of Konstantinopolis. He was a man who appeared to by going into his fifties, but in reality he was nearly sixty years old, only a healthy diet and expensive skin care products kept his face relatively youthful. Despite the money he had invested in his own physical appearance, the stress and worry of the situation was plain to see across his face. In the next few minutes he would make the biggest announcement that his country had ever seen, and it would decide the fate of millions.

A large grizzly looking man entered the room from a side door. Ridiger jumped slightly at the man's sudden appearance. As the man came closer, and his face was revealed the Senator's worry began to ease. He spoke as if he knew and trusted the stranger implicitly.'' Louis, Are you sure that Napoleon will keep his promise?'', worry still lingered in his voice even though he tried to feign confidence. The Stranger, smiled a rough but friendly smile in response. He replied, as if he had answered the question many times before, which he had. '' As soon as you make the announcement, the Empire will make theirs, I doubt your former Emperor would be willing to turn your nation into a battle ground over the issue. But time is of the essence, If the satellite reconnaissance reports are to be believed, the Emperor has agreed to the demands of several foreign powers and is gearing up for a full occupation of the Region.'' Ridiger nodded, they had gone over the plan many times, but he was still struggling with what was going on in his country.

Their conversation was interrupted when a small homely looking woman, wearing the unmistakable uniform of one of the CNNK's many employees entered. She gestured at the Senator to follow her, which he did dutifully. This wasn't the first news broadcast he had done this week, in fact this will be his third time appearing before the news cameras of the CNNK this week. However, today's broadcast of significantly more important than all the others. Before he simply cautioned patience and wisdom as the good book preached but now he was going to change the fate of the nation and maybe the world.

The Women whose ID identified her as Ingrid Gamersly, led him to the main broadcasting area, which was filled with cameras, cameramen, and news anchors who normally would be delivering the news but today would simply watch as he made it. He sat down in his customary seat behind the counter, and attached the tiny microphone to his simple black two-piece suit. Within minutes he received his countdown, and then he was live before the millions in Konstantinopolis & the billions throughout the world.

''Greetings, I am Senator Alexey Mikhailovich Ridiger of the Eastern Provinces of Byzantine Konstantinopolis. I have come before you to announce that despite our best efforts to reconcile with the Emperor and his government, our impassioned cries for justice and good christian mediation have failed. They have repeatedly ignored our pleas for peace & have instead responded with the iron butt of repression. As I speak, millions of foreign soldiers march for Konstantinopolis, to occupy my Provinces and to subjugate our people and to force upon them false beliefs and to turn us away from the righteous path that would lead to our salvation before God. It is for these reasons, that I regrettably inform the world that we, the rightfully elected government of the Eastern Provinces of Byzantine Konstantinopolis have decided to secede and establish our own nation free from tyranny,oppression, and heresy. I by law, will head the provisional government of the True Holy Empire of Byzantine Konstantinopolis, as Regent, with the Eastern Orthodox Patriarch,Kirill I of Konstantinopolis being named Chief Arbiter and executor of Laws and our capital city as Eastern Konstantinopolis. In the interests of preserving our new state, I have also seen fit to create a Holy Army,Navy & Air Force to protect our citizens and property from less pious and moral nations. And using my new found authority as Regent, I have signed a Non-Aggression Pact,Free Trade Agreement, & Defensive Pact with the First Valyrian Empire, and have seen fit to admit us into the Christian Treaty Organization as a member which, I hope will bring us closer to our christian allies throughout the world. Thank you and good night.'''

He signed as the cameras moved away. That was the single most important thing he had every done in his life. The World was changing and he would have to change with it, and if that meant becoming the single most powerful man in Konstantinopolis then he felt it was his christian duty to shoulder the responsibility, so that no one else would have to go through what he would have to go through and he could spare someone his fate. He was now the very visible and physical head of a new country with very hostile neighbors.

He stood from the raised podium/counter that he made his speech, now flanked by several bearded men of his new person bodyguard unit. They had been sent to train in Valyria as members of the Order of the Knights Templar but now had given up the monks life, and returned to secular world to protect him and the Chief Arbiter from all harm, and brought all the skills they had learned back with them.

1110 Hours
Avalon,Valyria
Unidentified Television Set

The Emperor Napoleon stood quietly and grimly behind the great podium that he had announced the creation of the Empire, and the return of the true Valyrian Imperial Family to power under the light of God, only four years ago. He wore a simple but ornate set of red robes of the old fashion, with a silver crucifix covering his chest representing the Light of God shining on Valyria. His deep, and passion filled eyes betrayed nothing and the world stood mesmerized by them.His stance was one of an old soldier, firm & immovable, akin to a boulder in the face of a storm or Alexander the Great in the face of the barbarous Asian hordes as he expanded the Macedonian Empire under the light of God.

After a few moment, his face softened and he began his address to the Nation and the World.

'' My fellow Christians. Today is a joyous occasion. Only a a short time ago, another True and Pious Christian Nation has joined the ranks of the faithful and expelled the heretics that sought to lead them astray and into the clutches of Satan. The True Holy Kingdom of Byzantine Konstinopolis, has sought our help in defending their borders from the barbaric atheist hordes of their neighbors and I being a understanding and compassionate Emperor have agreed, with the full approval of the Valyrian Parliament. Already our Fleet sails to Konstinopolis, the Holy City of our forefathers, to defend the faith against all odds, our brave men and women will do their duty, but it is time for you to do yours. Hear my call, Join us brothers and sisters, and let us stand with the other children of god and let us finish what was left undone in 1291, let us banish the mongol wave back to hell, and show the world that the light of God still shines as brightly as ever. Join the Service, fight for the Empire & God, Fight for our brothers and sisters of the Faith, and fight for the lives of women in children that surely will need our help, if the barbarians are allowed to assert their control of the Kingdom of Byzantine Konstinopolis. May God rule your hearts and your souls.'''

And with that the Emperor was gone, and Valyria had officially committed itself to defending not only this new nation but the faith against the hordes of heretics and atheists.
The Valyrian Imperium
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩۩۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
''Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.''

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents