NATION

PASSWORD

A Lost Age [PT/FanT World] (Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Honorisia
Minister

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:16 pm

The Grand Network wrote:I was planning on having something happen in the Taazokaan called the Great Hatching, where every lizardman egg hatches simultaneously. This would double or triple the population, stressing the island's ability to support such a large population. In order to find more food and living space, many lizardmen would leave by boat for the mainland, which up until recently was completely unknown to them. Not understanding how the nations of the mainland work, they'd end up generally pillaging and eating any living thing that got in there way, introducing invasive species and generally causing mayhem. The original plan was that Numer would confront them in a big war that would end in rival crusader-like lizardmen city states to his South, where you are. I suppose now they can go to the West of you, between you, Numer, and Syr, assuming you and him are up to it.

Well I'm not south of him I'm to the west, south of Intuyusu. But if the city states were to stretch onto the big plain between me and fist then I suppose I could become involved. I was intending to expand that way after my war was resolved.
Factbook for my PT nation, Naradia
Don't yell at me to post. I am busy. I saw your post. I will reply to it when I have time.
Makes me proud to be Canadian
After my loooong (and unwanted) absence, I've returned to NS. Damn its good to be back.

The Grand Network
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Network » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:33 pm

Honorisia wrote:
The Grand Network wrote:I was planning on having something happen in the Taazokaan called the Great Hatching, where every lizardman egg hatches simultaneously. This would double or triple the population, stressing the island's ability to support such a large population. In order to find more food and living space, many lizardmen would leave by boat for the mainland, which up until recently was completely unknown to them. Not understanding how the nations of the mainland work, they'd end up generally pillaging and eating any living thing that got in there way, introducing invasive species and generally causing mayhem. The original plan was that Numer would confront them in a big war that would end in rival crusader-like lizardmen city states to his South, where you are. I suppose now they can go to the West of you, between you, Numer, and Syr, assuming you and him are up to it.

Well I'm not south of him I'm to the west, south of Intuyusu. But if the city states were to stretch onto the big plain between me and fist then I suppose I could become involved. I was intending to expand that way after my war was resolved.

Oh I thought you were closer to Numer. I could send something your way too if you'd like :D
Caliphate of Islam EE Factbook

Rumbria wrote:
The Floridian Coast wrote:Implying that fascism minus racism would be appealing is like saying drinking piss is good as long as there's no arsenic mixed in.

Actually, I believe there are actually proven health benefits to drinking ones own pish. So your statement is, strangely, accurate.

Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:
Annaliea wrote:Italian Mafias, I would also like to join in the civil war, would I be able to?

Anyone is welcome to join, BUT, if you intend on helping the Mad King stay in power, you must telegram me the angle you intend on roleplaying so I can approve it.

Hey. So i'm still unsure if I'm going to raid your towns or help the rebels. Would there be any way I could do both. I know you mentioned that the prince was sent North to the border to look for allies or at the very least escape. I think it could be possible that you either come across one of my galleys that is either trading or raiding one of your towns, and then negotiate to protect them or for passage to the Northlands. If you want you can then negotiate with my nation to send reinforcements in exchange for trade rights to all your cities, and perhaps some titles. Maybe make the prince wed one of my nation's daughters to seal the alliance? Unless you want the mad king to win, weras i'll just raid you and make a quick bit of gold.
Last edited by Dbrought on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Honorisia
Minister

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:12 pm

The Grand Network wrote:
Honorisia wrote:Well I'm not south of him I'm to the west, south of Intuyusu. But if the city states were to stretch onto the big plain between me and fist then I suppose I could become involved. I was intending to expand that way after my war was resolved.

Oh I thought you were closer to Numer. I could send something your way too if you'd like :D

Well they'd definitely be able to cause trouble there, I think someone said all that was on that plain was a few free cities. Being so close to me there would be trade between us. Perhaps stories of lizards that destroyed those free cities would result in a scouting mission. I could see your lizardmen causing trouble that way, and seeing as you got dragons perhaps my beasts could get involved.
Factbook for my PT nation, Naradia
Don't yell at me to post. I am busy. I saw your post. I will reply to it when I have time.
Makes me proud to be Canadian
After my loooong (and unwanted) absence, I've returned to NS. Damn its good to be back.

The Grand Network
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Network » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Honorisia wrote:
The Grand Network wrote:

Well they'd definitely be able to cause trouble there, I think someone said all that was on that plain was a few free cities. Being so close to me there would be trade between us. Perhaps stories of lizards that destroyed those free cities would result in a scouting mission. I could see your lizardmen causing trouble that way, and seeing as you got dragons perhaps my beasts could get involved.

Eh, the dragons tend to stay separate from the lizardmen, seeing them as nothing more than peons. The lizardmen worship the dragons and the dragons really only care because they get gold as offerings, which they covet. I suppose if a large discovery of gold was made, it would attract a dragon from the Taazokaan, but they're by no means a extension of the lizardmen empires.
Caliphate of Islam EE Factbook

Rumbria wrote:
The Floridian Coast wrote:Implying that fascism minus racism would be appealing is like saying drinking piss is good as long as there's no arsenic mixed in.

Actually, I believe there are actually proven health benefits to drinking ones own pish. So your statement is, strangely, accurate.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Dbrought wrote:
Itailian Maifias wrote:Anyone is welcome to join, BUT, if you intend on helping the Mad King stay in power, you must telegram me the angle you intend on roleplaying so I can approve it.

Hey. So i'm still unsure if I'm going to raid your towns or help the rebels. Would there be any way I could do both. I know you mentioned that the prince was sent North to the border to look for allies or at the very least escape. . If you want you can then negotiate with my nation to send reinforcements in exchange for trade rights to all your cities, and perhaps some titles. Maybe make the prince wed one of my nation's daughters to seal the alliance? Unless you want the mad king to win, weras i'll just raid you and make a quick bit of gold.

She'd have to be one amazing person for my Prince to wed a Viking :P

I can agree to this part right here "I think it could be possible that you either come across one of my galleys that is either trading or raiding one of your towns, and then negotiate to protect them or for passage to the Northlands"
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:
Dbrought wrote:Hey. So i'm still unsure if I'm going to raid your towns or help the rebels. Would there be any way I could do both. I know you mentioned that the prince was sent North to the border to look for allies or at the very least escape. . If you want you can then negotiate with my nation to send reinforcements in exchange for trade rights to all your cities, and perhaps some titles. Maybe make the prince wed one of my nation's daughters to seal the alliance? Unless you want the mad king to win, weras i'll just raid you and make a quick bit of gold.

She'd have to be one amazing person for my Prince to wed a Viking :P

I can agree to this part right here "I think it could be possible that you either come across one of my galleys that is either trading or raiding one of your towns, and then negotiate to protect them or for passage to the Northlands"

Well we aren't all strictly viking up north, but there are some women who fit the valkarie/ shield maiden profile nicely, in addition to more elegant ladies of court. Only the Coastal houses of Laron, Broughton, and Cromwell are the Viking nations, House Lockewood is full of ranger types while house Wall is a horse people with many riders and Rohan like types. The only reason that most see Zelbae as Vikings is that many of the viking type houses have many free owned galleys (Each wealthy farmer/ merchant/ noble has a ship to their own name, as it brings in large amounts of wealth to the village they live in. Just like the vikings the large landowner has the boat, while the sharecroppers, peasants, servants and nearby small landowners often work on the ship to get a cut of the spoils of war or trade it brings. Each small settlement usually has a ship to its name, and the largest of settlements have a whole fleet.) We also have vampires that also would have say and may offer assistance as well as three Vampire covens might have interest in your nation should you provide them reason too. It would also be interesting if the prince took a vampiress bride and made himself immortal in the process.

So would you rather I showed up looking for trade, as mercenaries hoping the war might have some jobs, or as raiders.
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

The knights of kings
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:52 pm

So numer are you going to post on shiny Trinkets?

@Annaliea Id love to have thread of competion between our companies in your region.

@Acerion Id lobe for you to be the companys private army!

I just want to remind everyone that the East Empire Company is trying to be a politcal force and uses the Empire of Man as its home base. I think it would provide some good material to rp with if others tried to take advantage of the Empire of man's failing health and the company trying to hold everything together.
Last edited by The knights of kings on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:00 pm

@Dbrought, I suppose you could be raiding some abandoned hamlet along the northern coast, my Prince finds you, slays like one or two of your men, they're like o shit we could help him for gold and we take it from there.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Numer
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Numer » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:09 pm

The knights of kings wrote:So numer are you going to post on shiny Trinkets?

Yep! I'm just kind of wondering where to begin is all. I'm thinking either a mysterious Numerian proposes to help the officers about Numerian ways and customs (part translator, part telling you about their culture, guiding you through intrigue, etc.) or to just skip to the next day in the lugalesh's palace. What do you think?
My FanT Factbook

"Life is short. Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Arcerion
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcerion » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:04 pm

[quote="The knights of kings";p="12333742"
@Acerion Id lobe for you to be the companys private army!
[/quote]

If you accept, I am willing to co-operate. I will have to change uniforms and weapons again, but I am ok with that.
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I went to a fight once but then a hockey game broke out.

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:@Dbrought, I suppose you could be raiding some abandoned hamlet along the northern coast, my Prince finds you, slays like one or two of your men, they're like o shit we could help him for gold and we take it from there.

Off to plunder an abandoned hamlet I find then. I'll give you a character to kill. He will be the one overstepping his bounds a bit when he finds a woman. Her cry for help will draw the rest of my men and your prince. He can make it first and kill my guy.

The knights of kings
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:12 am

Numer wrote:
The knights of kings wrote:So numer are you going to post on shiny Trinkets?

Yep! I'm just kind of wondering where to begin is all. I'm thinking either a mysterious Numerian proposes to help the officers about Numerian ways and customs (part translator, part telling you about their culture, guiding you through intrigue, etc.) or to just skip to the next day in the lugalesh's palace. What do you think?

I think the mysterious numerian would be fine. Though the officers have a goal in mind and arent going to back down easy!

@Acerion I can create a thread where our destinies intertwine once more.

Annaliea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Annaliea » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:49 am

@dbrought, Would I be able to ncrease the size of the Almion Trading Company? And change its history so that it is the official trading arm of the Federation? I think it would make more sense.

And if I can maybe I cold join in the Shiny Trinkets thread, so that the East Empire Company has competition?

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Annaliea wrote:@dbrought, Would I be able to ncrease the size of the Almion Trading Company? And change its history so that it is the official trading arm of the Federation? I think it would make more sense.

And if I can maybe I cold join in the Shiny Trinkets thread, so that the East Empire Company has competition?

It doesn't really contradict anything we have put in any of the threads so sure go right ahead. What were you thinking of increasing it to?

Edit: I have been looking at the populations and was wondering what the numbers everyone was using. This isn't to restrict anybody, but I just wanted to know what the population of the world in general is, and where that population is.

Also Also I wanted people to know that my military to regular population ratio will be pretty high, but that is only because nearly all my population is a part of either my galley fleet when they are not part of the harvest or in all the places that are not coastline they tend to be ranger/ hunters to feed themselves and keep order.
Last edited by Dbrought on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Annaliea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Annaliea » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:51 pm

Annaliea wrote:Hey, here is my application as a group, however I just want to know whether I can or cannot apply to be a Realm? If so I'll make a new application as a realm, and if not then I'll continue with this one. Thanks!

Name of Group: Almeon Trading Company
Description of Group: (Paragraph): The Almeon Trading Company stands as the official mercantile branch of the Aradi Guild Federation. The Company works throughout the world, trading goods on behalf of the Federation and expanding the size of it's treasury. It is massive company which has branches in most major cities, and is a powerful financial force. It is backed majorly by the Aradi Guild Federation, however it also has other financial backers, most of which remain secret from the general public.
The Company began at the same time the Federation began (see the history of the Aradi Guild Federation), and was mostly due to the efforts of King William del Maro. He believed that given the Federation's large emphasis on trade and gold. King Maro assigned the role of CEO to William Almeon, thus the name, the Almeon Trading Company.

The Company's board of trustees is the same as that of the Federation's Royal Council, namely the ten Head's of the ten most powerful guilds in the Federation. In terms of money earning, all money is brought back to the Central Offices within the Federation, where it is counted. Wages and expenses are then distributed to the various branches, and half of the profit goes to purchasing new trade goods. the other half goes into the Federation's coffers.
Demonym: Traders/Merchants
Race: Depends on branch location, the central command of the Company is based in the Federation, and so the most numerous race there is elves and humans.
Languages: As a group of traders, the group are multi-lingual, and are well-versed in the languages of most nations throughout the world. However in their free time, the predominant language is the Achari Dialect, followed closely by Hyadin.
Religion: The group is a mixing pot of different cultures, races and beliefs, and as such there is no official or standard religion, rather the largest religion, that being Cult of Aurum. However as a matter of practice, it is made sure that all religions practiced within the Company and it's various branches are respected and allowed (provided they do not harm other Traders).
Head of State: Head Trader William Almeon
Seat of Power: Aradi Guild Federation, Ocran
RL Fluency in English: Native
Example of previous RP: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=215006
RL Age: 15
Where you wish to place your land plot: N/A
Why you wish to join: I wish to join so that I can participate in a friendly and detailed community of Fantasy RP'ers, where work and effort goes into the various threads organised by the community. I also want to extend my RP experience into Fantasy a bit further, as I haven't had much experience in it.

I did a bit of editing, the history isn't the best right now, a quick job, but I'll enhance it soon. Either way, do you think it's okay?

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:19 pm

Annaliea wrote:
Annaliea wrote:Hey, here is my application as a group, however I just want to know whether I can or cannot apply to be a Realm? If so I'll make a new application as a realm, and if not then I'll continue with this one. Thanks!

Name of Group: Almeon Trading Company
Description of Group: (Paragraph): The Almeon Trading Company stands as the official mercantile branch of the Aradi Guild Federation. The Company works throughout the world, trading goods on behalf of the Federation and expanding the size of it's treasury. It is massive company which has branches in most major cities, and is a powerful financial force. It is backed majorly by the Aradi Guild Federation, however it also has other financial backers, most of which remain secret from the general public.
The Company began at the same time the Federation began (see the history of the Aradi Guild Federation), and was mostly due to the efforts of King William del Maro. He believed that given the Federation's large emphasis on trade and gold. King Maro assigned the role of CEO to William Almeon, thus the name, the Almeon Trading Company.

The Company's board of trustees is the same as that of the Federation's Royal Council, namely the ten Head's of the ten most powerful guilds in the Federation. In terms of money earning, all money is brought back to the Central Offices within the Federation, where it is counted. Wages and expenses are then distributed to the various branches, and half of the profit goes to purchasing new trade goods. the other half goes into the Federation's coffers.
Demonym: Traders/Merchants
Race: Depends on branch location, the central command of the Company is based in the Federation, and so the most numerous race there is elves and humans.
Languages: As a group of traders, the group are multi-lingual, and are well-versed in the languages of most nations throughout the world. However in their free time, the predominant language is the Achari Dialect, followed closely by Hyadin.
Religion: The group is a mixing pot of different cultures, races and beliefs, and as such there is no official or standard religion, rather the largest religion, that being Cult of Aurum. However as a matter of practice, it is made sure that all religions practiced within the Company and it's various branches are respected and allowed (provided they do not harm other Traders).
Head of State: Head Trader William Almeon
Seat of Power: Aradi Guild Federation, Ocran
RL Fluency in English: Native
Example of previous RP: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=215006
RL Age: 15
Where you wish to place your land plot: N/A
Why you wish to join: I wish to join so that I can participate in a friendly and detailed community of Fantasy RP'ers, where work and effort goes into the various threads organised by the community. I also want to extend my RP experience into Fantasy a bit further, as I haven't had much experience in it.

I did a bit of editing, the history isn't the best right now, a quick job, but I'll enhance it soon. Either way, do you think it's okay?

Approved. Have fun

Also I now as My factbook states have a population of 22 million from my lands in the north, 4 million of which do not recognize the authority of my government, be they bandits, barbarians, trolls, ice giants, werewolves (not as aggressive as the vampires were in the blood wars and still independent) random wanderers, and while not counted as part of the population but still a force the spiders and other beasts. I also will eventually expand in the north after the two civil wars we have going resolve or almost resolve. At least that is most likely what I plan to do.

The knights of kings
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Annaliea wrote:@dbrought, Would I be able to ncrease the size of the Almion Trading Company? And change its history so that it is the official trading arm of the Federation? I think it would make more sense.

At the moment id rather keep it between me and numer with the shiny Trinkets. Yet I can create a thread between you and me where our companies head off each other in your realm. Than after that you can probably rp you entering into Numeria thus entering shiny trinkets at a later point. What do you say I can have an intro tonight if you dont want to wait?
Last edited by The knights of kings on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arcerion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcerion » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 pm

The knights of kings wrote:

At the moment id rather keep it between me and numer with the shiny Trinkets. Yet I can create a thread between you and me where our companies head off each other in your realm. Than after that you can probably rp you entering into Numeria thus entering shiny trinkets at a later point. What do you say I can have an intro tonight if you dont want to wait?

Kings, TG me the thread, I'll jig my factbook to change uniforms and weapons, and then I will start privateering against your competitors.
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I went to a fight once but then a hockey game broke out.

Annaliea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Annaliea » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:41 pm

That sounds great, starting today would be great, but I'm okay with tomorrow if it's a bit of a time issue.
Last edited by Annaliea on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:45 pm

Arcerion wrote:

Kings, TG me the thread, I'll jig my factbook to change uniforms and weapons, and then I will start privateering against your competitors.

I'll likely be one of those competitors at some point. After my ships are targeted I think I might respond in kind with raids, and hiring my free galleys (people of similar culture and ships but independent of my nation)

The knights of kings
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Arcerion wrote:

@Arcerion: Wow thats actualy a way better idea than I had in mind, yes! Privateering sounds awesome!

@Annaliea: I will get it up tonight I promise got some ideas ie been wanting to put down. :)

@Dbrought: Indeed soon our forces will all ultimately clash i feel :p

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Arcerion wrote:

@Arcerion: Wow thats actualy a way better idea than I had in mind, yes! Privateering sounds awesome!

@Annaliea: I will get it up tonight I promise got some ideas ie been wanting to put down. :)

Eventually we will if for no other reason than the fact that our will most likely find each other's people in the way of their goals. It shall be very interesting though.

Arcerion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcerion » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Arcerion wrote:

I try. Anyways yep, just Tg me the link and I will have the forgotten up and running as privateers in no time.

The knights of kings
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Annaliea wrote:

That sounds great, starting today would be great, but I'm okay with tomorrow if it's a bit of a time issue.

Piece for you a Piece for me thread here's the intro kiddies post when you feel. Ah Annaliea I dont know your cities but I assumed one was a port.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents