NATION

PASSWORD

Citizenism, convenience or inconvenience? [MT|Semi-Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Western Republic
Secretary

Founded: May 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Citizenism, convenience or inconvenience? [MT|Semi-Closed]

Postby The Western Republic » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:20 am

OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUÉ OF THE CITIZENS' REPUBLIC OF THE WEST
הודעה רשמית של הרפובליקה 'אזרחי המערב
Offizielles Kommunique der Bürger Republik der Westens

Subject: Citizens' National Amendment Act
To: The International community
From: The President of the Citizens' Republic; The Citizens' Republic of The West
Encryption: Open

Greetings comrades and enemies,

In accordance to the Citizenist code, charter and articles of our esteemed party it's my intent to rightfully Implement and introduce the constitutional amendment act, after a democratic majority has come to our victory. An act which preserves the introductory to Citizenist core tenets within the Western mainland to be performed, respectively. Establishing a democratic nation based on the accords of coherent citizenship and unity. These articles I will provide within this official proclamation.

♦The Western Republic is no more, the successor of the corrupt state will be under the official name of The Citizens' Republic of The West, or abbreviated CRW. Acknowledging that our nation is forged on Citizenist doctrinal principles. In the year 1995, Americanan dissident Irrus Westerburg published Subversion and Citizenship: A Guide. The Guide which we shall strictly obey and classify as part of the Western well-being under the law of democracy and republicanism. I.e. The Citizens' Republic of The West will embrace its citizens by establishing annual referenda's to be voiced throughout the nation.

♦Our constitutional framework will be foremost the elimination of our eternal rivals and mischiefs of the state, under which authoritarianism, its brother autocracy and its sister aristocracy. Vile concepts which are deteriorating the survivability of the greater cause.Citizenism, encompassing a mechanism which portrays decency, correspondence, and cooperation. Is simultaneously an ideology being officially tied to obligatory principles, whom which disfavoured by a sufficient amount of malignant states. One must consider not to make mockery out of us, for the former government of the Western Republic has under its Confederate laws and regulations made sufficient allegations which overthrew themselves by their own misery. And thus I warn said menace of the international community not to devote themselves on the same level.

♦The scars that our predecessors left behind are hard to heal, yet we will immediately withdraw our military forces out of Talibastain, for them having no real purpose after the capture of Ayetna Eta and the suppression of the TPSDF. We also deem to close our embassies in nations that are undesirable to the revolutionary Guide, i.e. The fascists of Tehraan, Belfras, Neo Prutenia, Rusikstan, Earth Sphere Coalition and Ulthranni.

♦Finally we seek the official Implementation of the J. Demanin doctrine. Which pertains to the annihilation of any symbols of artisto-autocratic pride to exist within a citizenist state such as ours. Those autocrats, aristocrats and those who have brought torment to Citizenship who are caught will immediately be given capital punishment. Try not to stop us.

Signed,
1st Revolutionary President of the Citizens' Republic of The West
Richard Charles
Last edited by The Western Republic on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
★ The Western Republic ★

Urarail
Envoy

Founded: Mar 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Urarail » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:45 am

Imperial Diplomatic Communique
Concerning the Recent Actions of the Citizenist Republic of The West

To the newly installed regime governing the CRW,

The Urarailian Empire is disturbed by and takes umbrage over your recent insult to two of the Empire's most trusted friends and Gemeinwohl comrades, namely the Meritocratic Republic of Neo Prutenia and the United Slavic Republics of Rusichland. Seeing as you have aligned yourself with an ideology that has previously named the Holy Empire of Urarail amongst its enemies, and given the unprecedented breach of our trust made by the "diplomats" of Northwest Americana earlier this year in Sudentor, the Urarailian Empire hereby condemns your recent actions as nothing more than rabble-rousing. We are distressed that you seek to insult two of the Empire's truest allies, and risk the recent improvements in bilateral relations that have occurred over the past few years between the Western Republic and our own Empire.

However, as the Empire is forced to deal with reality and not hopes, we hereby announce the immediate CESSATION OF ALL TRADE RELATIONS with the Citizenist Republic of the West, until such time your administration makes formal apology to the Prutenian and Ruisch peoples and nations. We also hereby announce the immediate CLOSURE of Urarailian borders to all products of Western origin, and further announce our intention to SEIZE all Western assets of both public and private ownership by 0001 Hours tomorrow, should they fail to be removed from Urarailian territory or oversight. Finally, we announce that any Western military air traffic that approaches within 100 miles of any Urarailian border must broadcast its IFF to the nearest Urarailian radar and communication station, or it will be DESTROYED with no further warnings given under assumption it is approaching our lands with hostile intent.

We further issue our apologies to the Western people who did not vote for the current administration and its radical policies, and offer POLITICAL ASYLUM to any dissidents inside the lands of the former Western Republic. We also give additional apologies to the Western citizens who did cast their votes for the new regime, as your stupidity will be your nation's undoing.

Should your nation wish to make any weak-willed, empty threats against the Most Holy Empire of Urarail, our Ministry of State stands available to ignore any petitions or complaints the Western government wishes to lodge.

Sincerely,

Klaus Postler
Imperial Premier of the Urarailian Empire
Last edited by Urarail on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I one day hope to have my own Security Council "Condemn Urarail" Resolution. And a verified Twitter account.

North Defese wrote:"People always thought it would be zombies or foreigners," one man told us, "or maybe zombie foreigners. No one thought of this! Why did we have to have so much body oil and those things you put on your nipples and spin around!? WHAT WERE WE THINKING!?"

The Western Republic
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Republic » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:36 pm

Subject: Citizens' National Amendment Act
To: The Holy Empire of Urarail
From: The President of the Citizens' Republic; The Citizens' Republic of The West

Dear Mr. Postler,

The Holy empire expresses inconveniently once again, the stance of the oligarchic menace of the north have not been unnoticed, nor by our corrupt predecessors, that you pursue only imperialism and the repression of your citizens through the core of one's being. Polite we remained as you still are one of our closest neighbours to the north and we do not wish to escalate a potential war in which the lives of millions of innocent civilians are endangered. Before you were number one enemy of the state, and that status is still intact.

Apologies are not in place as we have nothing to apologise for, our stance is solid, Our Guide is incorruptible. The threat of an embargo will have a negative impact even for the Holy Empire. Yet must the Holy Empire not withdraw its sanctions, we shall idem ditto do the same, respectively. We seek to close the chapter of any diplomatic missions between Urarail and The West and with it the closure of the Western embassy within Urarail. Any military activity of the Holy Empire within the Western Mainland will be classified as an act of war and will be intercepted. Mustn't the Urarailian Empire drop its accusations and sanctions, the above will start as of 0001 tomorrow.

Must there be Urarailian Citizens that are done with the oppression, we grant them political asylum. Our collective regime cordially welcomes those that do not align themselves with mischiefs and hostilities of Our Guide. The Urarailians may seize any traces of Western material value left within their nation. For even Urarailian-Westerners are all-equally considered Citizens of the Citizens' Republic, we won't touch them nor shall we vandalise.

Have a nice day,
Richard Charles
★ The Western Republic ★

Urarail
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Urarail » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Concerning the Last Reply of the Citizenist Republic of The West

To: Richard Charles, 1st (and potentially, Last) Revolutionary President of the Citizenist Republic of the West
From: Klaus Postler, Imperial Premier of the Urarailian Empire
CC: the International Community of Tetrakon

The boot remains unconcerned about the threats made by the ant.

Sincerely,

The Boot
Last edited by Urarail on Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I one day hope to have my own Security Council "Condemn Urarail" Resolution. And a verified Twitter account.

North Defese wrote:"People always thought it would be zombies or foreigners," one man told us, "or maybe zombie foreigners. No one thought of this! Why did we have to have so much body oil and those things you put on your nipples and spin around!? WHAT WERE WE THINKING!?"

Neo Prutenia
Minister

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Prutenia » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:54 am

Amtliche Botschaft der Meritokratischen Republik Neo Prutenia

Official Communiqué of the Meritocratic Republic of Neo Prutenia

Subject: Response to the Citizens' National Amendment Act of Westerland
To: The Charles Regime of Westerland, the CRW government
From: Großkommandant Korvin Hannibal Lauterbach, Head of State of the Prut Meritocracy

And salutations to you, Kamerad and rival,

Let me be the first of my citizenry to congratulate the people of Westerland on their recent regime change. Truly, the democratic majority of Westerland has expressed its desire for egalitarianism, elimination of authoritarianism and political coercion by disenfranchising their former oppressors and political rivals, and disabling them from harming the people of Westerland any further. A major victory for democracy, a major strike against tyranny, and another major success for the Citizenist Movement. I applaud you on successfully managing a peaceful, velvet revolution in Westerland, and sincerely hope that no further conflict and tensions will arise between the Charles regime and the opposition, that the people of Westerland will continue to pursue a courteous, rational policy of dialogue, tolerance, and understanding in conflict resolution, and won't be caught up in revolutionary fervor, political extremism, and fanaticism, the three malices of times of political instability and won't approach diplomacy and statesmanship in a emotional, irrational, and uninformed manner. Truly, the dignity of the Citizenist Movement, of Westerland, and of Elysian democratic tradition, will be determined by the course of action brave Westerland and the ruling Charles regime will take. I envy you for having such an opportunity to display your best, and for the responsibility towards so many. Lesser people would have given in to the pressure.

♦ We shall mourn the passing of a once great friend and comrade-in-arms and recognise the successor, as we hold the sovereign will of the people of Westerland sacrosanct. We are looking forward to reestablish relations and camaraderie between our two nations, should the Charles regime choose, in its wisdom and experience, to pursue such policies. I'm personally proud of my Westerland counterpart and his compatriots, as in true democratic fashion, you embraced the tenets of direct democracy, a tradition cherished by the Prut citizenry. The institutionalisation of deliberative democratic principles, as observed in Neo Prutenia, Archia, and similar nations, is the next step towards establishing political freedom and pluralism, and stabilising Westerland. We're curious about how Citizenist principles and dogma will enrich Westerland society, and what effects it will have on the nation.

♦ We're sorry about the perceived ideological differences between our polities, and sincerely apologise that our ideological teachings, ethics, civil religion, and traditions appear to be incompatible with current Citizenist dogma of violence and confrontation. While your regime's recognition and classification of different ideologies might not correspond to ours, we're still open for dialogue and cooperation. It is a shame that vile rhetoric and political convenience forced you to unilaterally break diplomatic relations with a nation with whom you have enjoyed three centuries of friendship, amicable commerce, communication and exchange of ideas and cultural achievements, with whom you had and still maintain economic ties, and with whom you have jointly fought against political extremism, agitation, rhetoric of violence, and political and military adventurism.

Nevertheless, we shall reciprocate your decision in a just manner as a sign of respect towards Westerland's sovereignty and the validity and legitimacy of the Charles regime, and will honour the break off of diplomatic ties, until such a time where it becomes necessary to reestablish formal relations. I sincerely hope that the goodwill between our two nations won't suffer because of shortsighted planning and one-sided decisions.

♦ We urge you to show clemency and magnanimity towards the now disenfranchised and/or undesirable social and political elements of Westerland. While every regime will and should change the aesthetics of society when it takes power, one should not immediately abuse power and position to brutalise and bring harm towards his new charges. The Charles regime is now responsible for the people of Westerland, even those opposed to it. Don't dishonour and degrade the young Citizenist Republic with murder and bloodshed. Let those who will not or cannot be part of new Westerland go in peace, and banish those who wish you harm. Give them the opportunity to reconsider, to reevaluate what happened, an opportunity of introspection and questioning earlier decisions. The Prut Meritocracy will accept anyone you deem now persona non grata. Send them, your exiles, to our black, sunset shores, so they have a place to contemplate whatever crime they are accused of. Send them, your beaten brothers, here, so you won't be forced to fratricide and malice. For is it not the greater punishment? To be separated from their home, to maybe never again set foot on the soil which gave birth to them, nurtured them, raised them. Deny them their home, but deny them their lives.

With all due respect, signed,
Großkommandant Korvin Hannibal Lauterbach
Factbook: The Prut Meritocracy | Prutopaedia (TG feedback appreciated) | National Policies | φ(._.) - Shoot me a TG if you want to RP with me

Always assume I'm the exact same tech level/reality as you are, with access to the exact same technology/abilities; I just happen to prefer very strict MT. IC name: Prut Meritocracy

Of The Arch ilands
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Arch ilands » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:13 am

To: The President of the Citizens' Republic; The Citizens' Republic of The West
Subject: Recent Changes in the Western Political Landscape
From: From the Office of the Supreme Chancellor of the Confederacy of the Arch Islands

My Predecessor would hvae started off with congratulating, to your rising to the position of President of the Western Republic. How ever I am not my Predecessor, whilst I wish you the best of luck and still hope that our nations can maintain there strong economic ties with one another. there are many questions that need to be answered and statements that need to be made about your regime and how it will go about its business.

First of all it is regretful to see that you an obviously well meaning man should follow the clearly deluded doctrines set out by the Administration of the NWA, doctrines that violate both its nations integrity and its peoples integrity something I know the Previous administration cared strongly for. Whilst i hope it does not follow the same route that cause the conflict that put the first nails in the coffin of the ELUN. I do hope you can find your self on the Moral high ground for a political belief that shows so much promise, it has been used mostly as a tool to discriminate and Kill in the name of justice for the masses.

After the events in Sudentor not so long ago I do hope that your regime does not intend to try and spread its belief's through subterfuge, to other countries that do not need nor want the kind of leadership your people so obviously craved. Our nations where close especially after the Aouvuhm war, and I do hope you intend to honour the agreements made between our to nations during the times of crisis.

Finally I will stress that the Confederacy does not tolerate Terrorism in any manner be that terrorising citizens of other nations or there own because of there political beliefs. Should I be informed and shown credible evidence that the New Regime of the Western republic is undertaking in anything that can be solicited as Acts of Terrorism. I will not think twice before leveraging Harsh economic sanctions on the Citizenist Western Republic and its Regime leaders. I Urge you to follow the suggestions of the Lauterbach should you find undesirables in your nation that will not or cannot conform to your ideals.

I trust that in the end you will choose the right path and gain back the credibility of the Citizenist beliefs you believe in when so many others have used it and sullied it in the name of so many. Once again I wish you look in your first term in office.
The Confederacy of the Arch Islands Factbook|Confederacy of the arch Planets Factbook (FT)|Military Factbook (MT)|Arch's Random Species Generator (FT)

Xiscapia wrote:In Soviet Archland, OH SHIT FRANK IS BEHIND YOU!

18:47 Urarailgun In heaven the cooks are Archian, the engineers are Urarailian, the lovers are Delemontian, and the police are Britannian. In hell the cooks are Britannian, the engineers are Delemontian, the lovers are Archian, and the police are Urarailian

The Western Republic
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Republic » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:58 am

Subject: RE:Citizens' National Amendment Act
To: Großkommandant Korvin Hannibal Lauterbach, Head of State of the Prut Meritocracy

Greetings Mr Lauterbach,

My gratefulness must be restrained to whom I speak, for those that have distinctly differentiating ideals as ours, it is hard to believe that good words of one's state is proponent of the results that have taken place as of recent. The figure called the "proponent", manifests itself in an element of manipulation, and subsequently becomes the "opponent". For every voice they create has an echo, their bad energy will be their undoing, their destruction, their elimination. Yet, we sincerely hope Neo Prutenia does not take the same path in pursuit of such sin, as you have left your Prut citizens with a burden being an all-known fact which refers to meritocracies. We as Citizens of the Citizens' Republic of The West are to acknowledge your words, but will not further reinstate our proclamations.

Your emphasis on interlinked camaraderie is fiercely in regard to the former government and their institutions, that is something that has no say within our society and Our Revolutionary Guide portraying our ideals. The Confederate government was a ultra-conservative bastion of corrupt capitalist leaches. In their efforts they used that vile concept of manipulation, and it indeed left them with sorrow as we all predicted their fate. Therefore, Our bilateral diplomatic relations are as of today non-existent and will remain for the time being, please I ask you nicely not to accuse us of abusing our powers. Aschenkeilern Neo Prutenia's urgency to "evacuate" criminals is rather inconvenient to us as we know you still consider us your brother nation. If we are to do that, justice has not been done, on the contrary we would suspect ANP to be accessory in the whole situation. Therefore I prohibit you to safeguard these criminals. Take it for granted that a vast quantity of Pruton people live in our nation, making it the second ethnic group of our state and many of them have indeed voted for a Citizenist society thus I would ask you not to disappoint them.

Criminals as criminals must be detained, and those that have killed or enslaved mankind, regardless of religious, ethnic or political background must pay the full price.

Sincerely yours,
Richard Charles
Last edited by The Western Republic on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
★ The Western Republic ★

Urarail
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Urarail » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:21 am

Concerning the Citizenist Republic of The West's Decision to Break Ties with the Most Honored Meritocratic Republic of Neo Prutenia
Open Memorandum to the International Community of Tetrakon

Seeing as the currently installed government of the Citizenist Republic of the West has most recently broken all diplomatic ties with the Meritocratic Republic of Neo Prutenia, by our covenants of friendship forged by the Treaty of Wrangelburg and by our debts of honor held fast by the Prut aid given at Volistad, the Urarailian Empire does hereby immediately SEVER ALL DIPLOMATIC TIES with the Citizenist Republic of the West, and further announces the CLOSURE of Urarailian borders and airspace to all Western imports and Western governmental and military traffic. Unlike the recent behavior of the Western government, which unfortunately shows a rather sorrowful case of amnesia in regards to past friendships, the Empire remembers those who have stood with us. It is now in the spirit of that friendship and by that common link held by the entire Gemeinwohl community we turn away from those who have insulted the Empire's friends.

The Empire remembers not only its friends, but its children. We hereby declare that any violence, imprisonment, or other suspension of the guaranteed rights of any Western citizen of Urarailian birth or descent will be treated as an act of violence on a Urarailian in the eyes of the Empire. Should the Citizenist regime so harm any Urarailian-born or Urarailian-descended Westerner, the Urarailian Empire promises to visit IMMEDIATE RETALIATION upon the Citizenist government.

As the Citizenists of the CRW have so insulted and slandered two honored members of the Gemeinwohl community with their initial proclamations, and further insulted both the Meritocratic Republic of Neo Prutenia and our own Urarailian Empire, it has become obvious to the Urarailian government that the Citizenists of the West are burdened by our "counter-revolutionary" presence. We thus seek to make amends with them by removing said presence, and hereby ask our brother-nations of Gemeinwohl to consider levying a TOTAL EMBARGO upon the Citizenist's Republic of the West until such time as the Revolutionary President seeks the apologies of the Prut and Rusich peoples. At the very least, we can at least brighten the honored Revolutionary President's day by alleviating him from the stress of seeing his ports stuffed with Rusich imports, his Prut-manufactured automobiles running on Urarailian petrol, and his citizens keeping warm in Zypran fashions. We do, after all, stand for the Common Wealth and Good, do we not?

Sincerely,

Klaus Postler
Imperial Premier of the Urarailian Empire
Last edited by Urarail on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Belfras
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Belfras » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Kingdom of Belfras
His Majesties Parliamentary Communique

Diplomatic communique for the attention of;
Richard Charles
The President of the Citizens' Republic; The Citizens' Republic of The West

Good evening.

It is with sadness that we find that you have closed your embassies within our nation on ground that we are 'undesirable to the revolutionary guide' and that, in the letter of which announced this move to the international community, we were called fascists.

Why would we be called Fascists? The word itself indicates that we force, perhaps brutally, the will of our monarch HM King James upon the civilian populace against their will. Or, perhaps, the subjugation of masses for the falsely acclaimed benefit of others? Whatever reason, we do with wholeheartedness believe you wrong in your judgement of us. Yes, we have a Monarchy in which the King is the supreme ruler of the Kingdom, but at the peoples permission. The people of Belfras allow the Monarchy and accept it, and our King, as their defender. For the peoples representation we have a fully elected parliamentary system of which I am pleased to say I am a part of. In office, we handle the lion share of political, economical, and military decision and policy making, only the biggest decisions hit the Kings desk before it passes the Parliament.

To the situation at hand of the embassy closure. While we are saddened by the closure of your embassies within our borders, we hereby announce to yourselves that until further notice our embassies within your nation, if they have not already been thrown out, will remain open to diplomatic and personal inquiries by your government and any Belfrasian nationals currently residing within your nation. To compound this, any Western-based company trading with companies within the borders of the Kingdom will be allowed to continue to do so, from our end at least.

With this said, at ten o'clock Belfrasian Standard Time HM King James will take to the podium to publicly confirm the contents of your letter and declare our stance on the situation, of which has been explained in the paragraph above. He will also state that should any Western citizen within our territorial borders wish to make contact with your government that they are to telephone the standard embassy number, as from the time of the speech all calls will be diverted to a diplomatic communications center based within the borders of the City of Isn Deslen. We would appreciate it if you could issue a joint statement confirming this particular detail and that should any Western citizen be concerned with the safety of a relative within our borders that the same number applies for their inquiry should they not be able to contact them by other means. I do not say this as a means of scaremongering, but to cover any possible situation that may arise. This arrangement will be in effect from, as mentioned, the time of the speech until such a time as the embassies reopen to public and political inquiries.

With this letter, we do so inform yourselves of our stance ahead of the public announcement stated above so that any confusion or misunderstandings at a later date may be avoided. We hope that this situation can be resolved in the near future.

The rt hon. Ian Davies MP.
Prime Minister
His Majesties Government.

Signed for validation prior to communique dispatch

The rt hon. Adjunta Mayan MP.
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs
His Majesties Government.
Through endurance, we conquer
Last edited by Belfras on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demonym is Belfrasian, currency is Lira

Ulthrani
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulthrani » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:34 am

Magnus Imperium de Ulthrannium

Imperial Diplomatic Communique in regards to the governmental changes in the Western Republic

Directed to: Richard Charles, The President of the Citizens' Republic; The Citizens' Republic of The West

Greetings to the Citizenist government of what would appear to be the former Western Republic.

First of all, I would like to state the Emperor's sadness upon the death of President Forrester, it is tragic when such a talented head of state dies to whatever circumstance. The news of both his death and the change of government did not reach the Grand Senate until recently. However, we and the Grand Senate have not sent this communique upon wishful condolences and praises.

Whilst it is commonly known that the Imperial administration is opposed to the ideology of Citizenism, we do however stress that it is not in the interest of either Emperor, Senate or the overall Administration to determine the fate of any newly formed nationstate and unlike the recent communiques from the Urarailian Holy Empire, we have no desire to make idle threats, actual threats, demostrations of hostile intentions or, for that matter, claims of blockade; as it can be said with confidence that any action like that to be done by the Magnus Imperium would be above all else erroneous and any too make any claim too such actions would be fallacious. It should be noted that the Emperor, in agreeance with the Grand Senate, has no interest in your opinion of the Empire, nor can we imagine you care for our opinions, this is strictly business and affairs between rational thinking heads of state and rational governments.

The Grand Senate, however, would like to make some requests to your presidency:

1. We have concern over the safety of any Ulthrannic born and Ulthrannic-descended members of the Western community as a whole, these also include those visiting, on VISAs, et cetera. We would wish for an amnesty for any ethnic Ulthrannians or those of descent to have the chance to leave your territory to either the newly established Franklin Confederacy, asylum in the embassies or direct flight to Imperial territories. With this in-mind, the Emperor requests that the embassies are left open for an extended period of time in order for all those deemed 'undesirable' to leave your new Republic. Although written earlier about not wishing to issue idle threats,the Grand Senate has signed that if it were the case that any Ulthrannic citizens or those holding Imperial citizenship are intentionally murdered by your government, it will be seen as a hostile act by the Citizens Republic upon unarmed, innocent civilians and considered a breach of human rights, too which appropriate actions will be taken.

2. It has come to my attention that the Citizenists wish to destroy all traces of its past, this would include Ulthrannic, Ardan and Britannian Imperial history. Not even the Britannian citizenists destroyed their history. It is known that archeologists are currently working on unearthing the long lost Forum of Occidens Urbanum, to destroy such valuable artefacts of history can only be considered a crime against anthropology and archaeology. We wish for both ample time (and if it calls, financial transaction) to allow any Ulthrannic historic items to be returned to the homeland. This will also include copies of the Magna Commentarii.

3. The Emperor also demands that although we respect your right to nationhood, we would also request that you respect the right of the Franklin Confederacy to its own nationhood. We are currently in talks with the presidency about a Mutual Defense Pact, to assure that any radical or rogue elements of your government do not molest the freedoms of this newly born nation.

We hope that ideology does not blind the path of common sense and respect for human life.

Signed:
The Honourable, Pontius Aemilius Caius
Supreme Foreign Ambassador of the Imperial Foreign Office,

The Honourable, Bartolomaeus Cornelius Salvitto
Incumbant Magister Senatorum of the Grand Senate

Most Benevolent,Tiberius Aufidius Coriolanus
Emperor of the Ulthrannic Empire and her territories

Last edited by Ulthrani on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation IC name: Ulthrannia

The Western Republic
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Republic » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:29 am

Subject: Regarding the Reply of the Urarailian Empire
To: The International community

So be it.

Yours Sincerely,
Richard Charles

Subject: Regarding the Reply of the Archian Confederacy
To: The Archian Confederacy

Greetings,

Your predecessors would have done a nice thing, in politely acknowledging the revolutionary victory. The Archian Confederacy is a democratic Republic, although your opinion upon Citizenism remains a questionable topic. Your stance is in line with Democracy and free-thought, if you inquire some questions aligning to our revolutionary approach, we feel morally obligated to answer you such in kind.

The allegations of abusing our powers is not in any way applicable. Domestically, those that have violated the good-will of mankind must be punished. Our doctrine and that of our esteemed ally, Americana, prompted to assure a society in which democracy is championed. We will never abuse our powers in engaging foreign land and forcibly injecting our ideology to the nations of Tetrakon. That is for the Citizens of a particular country to decide, not us. We will not start a campaign in which we afflict the world with imperialism. That is something we are strongly against. We have our standards, and our standards are tied to direct democracy.

Which agreements, if I may ask. Knowing that such is again not applicable, you may be misunderstanding us with the Western Republic, which is history. It is as if claiming you seek to restore agreements or accords that have taken place 3000 years ago, where archaeologists still try to discover what existed and what not, It's irrelevant.

Yours Sincerely,
Richard Charles
★ The Western Republic ★

The Western Republic
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Republic » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:30 am

Subject: Regarding the Reply of the Kingdom of Belfras.
To: The rt hon. Ian Davies MP; Kingdom of Belfras

Greetings,

In name of our revolutionary guide and the Western constitution, I find myself on the moral high ground to elaborate my opinion towards the Belfrasian government. Although we respect the peoples’ choice, of oligarchic presence, if such is indeed eligible, we still prompt not to have diplomatic relations with those that oppose our constitution. Obedience may be viewed as irrelevant in a world like this one, but we are to prove the opposite. In our eyes, Monarchies with the slightest legislative and executive powers are to be redirected to oligarchies. Oligarchies are not in line with our constitution as we are only to remain in diplomatic ties with Democracies, and more preferably Citizens’ Democracies. Those that are not are fiercely undesirable to our revolutionary guide, and easily to be characterised as fascists. These two prominent factors—perhaps, prejudices—are a known fact in the Kingdom. Not to mention sources that claimed the Belfrasian Kingdom to have errors in their human rights agenda, which we have decided not to account.

Yours Sincerely,
Richard Charles

Subject: Regarding the Reply of the Kingdom of Ulthranni
To: Ulthrannic Empire

Greetings to those that so self- ambitiously try to exterminate us.

I speak to you, my revolutionary counter-part, on behalf of the 7 federal divisions of the Citizens' republic of The West, I will speak as far as my pre-determined constitutional rights take me on legal grounds put forth in the Citizenist charter being democratically institutionalised by members of the Citizens' council and further attendants of the first Western Citizens' convention. Simultaneously we are destined to follow the footsteps of our great leaders of Americanan descent J. Demanin, Dr. K. Westerburg, and the members of the Citizens' coalition. We feel obliged to voice out our statement to those that have repeatedly pledged such, and the international community.

Although I'm almost in severe disagreement with the Ulthrani authorities, it seems one thing we have in common, as we both opt a communique to consist of diplomatic content and formalities. Which I applauded, for I know that is a very unique and controversial move of the imperium. 

Those Ulthrannic born or having Ulthrannic descent are all broadly categorised as Citizens of the state, we do not separate based on ethnic or religious backgrounds. The citizens have the freedom to go wherever they want and when they want, as part of our personal freedom programme. Do they want to immigrate to the Empire, however, as a nation which deliberately diminishes our guide, Is likely to be uncommon for the citizen to decide. As the latest poll of our site had concluded that 87,7% of all the peoples in The CRW are satisfied with the revolutionary act. Though must a citizen explicitly wish to migrate to the Ulthrannic empire, we will not stop him/her.

As for certain buildings of historical value within our territorial sphere, we are the only ones to decide what is going to happen, not the Ulthrannic authorities. Some content of Western history embraces slavery, but also made the nation independent. We cannot portray the oppressors of the West as heroes, those that have killed and enslaved thousands of innocent men, women and children must not be displayed as heroes, but as villains. Only democracy will prevail, the only historical content that will remain intact.

Also, I hope you don't mind telling me what the Franklin Confederacy is, if we are talking about the violent terrorist insurgents of the south and their illegitimate occupation, than no I will not trust my citizens to such scum. With those words I'm being polite enough, knowing that they kill thousands of innocent civilians every day. We won't recognise such a state.

Yours Sincerely,
Richard Charles
Last edited by The Western Republic on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
★ The Western Republic ★

Onu-Koro
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Onu-Koro » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:40 am

[Redacted]
Last edited by Onu-Koro on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A small, subterranean city-state originally isolated from the rest of the outside world (yes, my inspiration is the Fermi Paradox) colonized by modern-day Conclespia after government conspiracy. Very loosely based on Bionicle's Onu-Koro.

[spoiler=]Country Name: Caislaard (silent 's')
Demonym: Laardite
Population: 6,621
Population Demographics: 100% Matoran[/spoiler]

Puppet of Conclespia

Tehraan
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tehraan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:28 am

The Hegemonic Union
Peace Unity Brotherhood

Official Declaration

To: The President of the Citizens' Republic; The Citizens' Republic of The West
CC: The international community and interested parties

In name of the central government and citizenry of the Hegemonic Union, the following declaration is made.

The Hegemonic Union wishes to congratulate the Western nation from destroying the panicle of corruption and the created by the model multi-party democratic system. Through which it has now liberated itself from the world capitalist system of exploitation driven by the selfish who’s interests are not that of the nation, but their own pockets at the cost of the national collective.

Yet the Union greaves that in its place it has chosen an unenlightened system in its place instead of one who’s principles are based on the principles of an enlightened state, one which advocates class war, egalitarianism and policies based on forms of government coupled with flawed morality as basis for motion. The conflict of ideology has never benefited anyone, not even those who succeed may ever gain the benefits of their sacrifices. It is fortunate that neither the new state can harm us or that has any interest moving into our region of interests at this time. We can only hope that the new state can see it’s foolishness before it destroys itself and others in the process. None the less it’s one step towards the true path to shake of system of death. Now atleast the nation can truly move towards it’s right.

The Union has taken the liberty of confiscated all property, both public and private of the Western republic and its citizens residing within our sovereign territory. All personnel who at the time reside within it are currently in state custody ahead of their inevitable deportation back to the Western Republic. Their safety will be guaranteed by the Central Government.

The western embassies closer is noted, in response the HU embassy within the western republic will be closed. We expect the Western Republic has not lost the courtesy to ensure their save return to the Hegemonic Union as is proper.

This is all the Union wishes to state on this matter.

May all prosper, as the Hegemonic Union shall.

signed,
High Chairman Nentayeg Daye

Neo Prutenia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Prutenia » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:27 pm

“… with Hesperia being the only area where it’s getting a bit cold. Meteorologists maintain that the famous heavy rains of the south won’t start for a few more weeks. To the west in Mag Mell na Pruite the situation is similar. For those still entrapped in summer sentiments, it’s now time to start preparations for autumn.

Sadly, the political weather doesn’t appear as nice, albeit some patterns are already observable. The Charles regime is steadily alienating the nations of Vierlande, both rivals and friends alike, with its demagoguery, and rhetoric of violence has been noticed. The regime is steadily increasing pressure on internal dissidents, however, taught by the lessons from the NWA citizenists, experts claim that a potential “export” of citizenism into other countries is a valid threat to regional stability. So far, the vitriol comes mostly from the political fallout; noticeably Mesonyktia has reacted with much scorn over the affair, with Premier Postler being quite vocal about his disappointment with the behaviour of the new government of Westerland. Kanzler Brüning remained positive about the Charles regime in Parliament, reassuring the representatives that Prutenia will pursue policies aimed at normalizing relations. The Prut public is visibly distressed from the whole affair, with many individuals and groups confused and disappointed by the cutting of official diplomatic relations between Westerland and Neo Prutenia, which is considered the nadir of Prut-Westerland communication and a definite, but not decisive blow to the cooperation and friendship between the two communities.

Großkommandant Lauterbach has called out the Charles regime because of their radical policies, pleading with the First President to show restraint and moderation for the sake of his nation and adopted ideology. The Großkommandant made clear in several public appearances that he will support Brüning and the Parliament’s decision and the wishes of the Prut citizenry to seek a reconciliation between the two nations and he explicitly mentioned that the Prut Meritocracy will continue cooperating with the Charles regime and Westerland, citing the people of Westerland’s right to pursue their own policies and expressing his and our people’s respect for their sovereignty. He is currently holding one of his speeches in Teutschberg.”

Video switches to the Teutschberger speech and the Großkommandant.

“… and I sincerely maintain that the assertion of the Charles regime that our two nations can no longer cooperate due to different worldviews is a claim without substance or strength. We both have the best interests of our people at heart, we both enjoy the genuine support of our people, and we both strive to form just, equal, and caring societies; do the cultural differences and peculiarities of character, which result in different approach and execution of the same goals, really matter in the long run? Have they mattered at all during the four centuries of friendship, goodwill, support, and dialogue we enjoyed and built over the time? Fact is, if they matter or not, we already achieved something rare and not often seen on this our globe, we already achieved mutual understanding and tolerance. One crazy night, one hasty decision, any act which we might regret or not later on, cannot undo the work of several generations just like that. The bond between our people is stronger than politics and difference in worldview, it cannot be undone with unilateral narrow-mindedness, it cannot be defeated by ignoring it, and it certainly cannot be destroyed by words and demagoguery.

And therefore I challenge President Charles. I challenge him to prove that his assertions are true and that Citizenism and Prutism are incompatible. I challenge him openly and without ulterior motives, to provide us with evidence. Because I claim that any single Prut could march in full military parade uniform from Vesperburg in the west to Boroughsville in the east waving Prutenia’s tricolour on a banner with no arms for defence and no money for convenience, relying only on the kindness of heart and support for a friend of the local Westerlanders. I claim that this soul would be taken care of and provided for by the locals and would make the journey without harm, proving that our people are still friends. I also assure that the opposite is true. Richard Charles, whomever you choose to be your champion, I say that said person could waltz from Pfennburg in the south all the way up north to Königsstein in uniform bearing the flag of citizenism and no harm would befall him and no injustice would be done to him, for Prut respect your choices and regard you as friends, as they have always done. Let neither you, nor me, nor the extensive government machinery we each have at our backs have a hand in this. Let our own people, our citizens decide if they are friends or foes, without our meddling.

That is my challenge. That is my challenge to prove that decency, responsibility, justice, and courtesy still exist and define the relationship between our people, as they have done prior and as they will do in the future. If anyone doubts it, then I request proof of it. I made my challenge, I await your response.”

Video switches back to the studio.

“Bold claim by the Großkommandant. We’re curious about how the officials of the CRW will reply. Several other notable Prut have commented on the current situation as well. Interestingly, former Großkommandant and now Syndic Hohenheimer has remained silent on the issue, as has the entire Gemeinwohl community, not counting the unofficial jabs of Premier Postler and Mesonyktia, and their call for a…
Factbook: The Prut Meritocracy | Prutopaedia (TG feedback appreciated) | National Policies | φ(._.) - Shoot me a TG if you want to RP with me

Always assume I'm the exact same tech level/reality as you are, with access to the exact same technology/abilities; I just happen to prefer very strict MT. IC name: Prut Meritocracy

Gratislavia
Minister

Founded: May 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gratislavia » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:44 pm

Пролетарский союз Грaтиcлавия
(The Proletarian Union of Gratislavia)
|русский|English|Deutsch|français|中國的|español|

Sender: The Proletarian Union of Gratislavia
Recipient: The Citizen's Republic of The West
Regarding: Birth of the future
Encryption: Minimal

Before we begin let it be my pleasure to share a few words from Aldous Huxley. "The greater a man's talents, the greater his power to lead astray. It is better that one should suffer than that many should be corrupted."

These words ring true, especially in the case of the new events taking hold in The West. It has been shown time and time again, that Authoritarian Monarchy, Oligarchic Republicanism, and everything in between leads to corruption. And what better to end corruption, then to make the man, or men at the lead to suffer for their crimes against the masses. Some may call your means extreme, and your endgame extremer. But what are these men but the very oppressors who you have just overthrown? What value do the words of the oppressor hold in the mind and heart of the man he oppresses? Very little, very little indeed.

Let not your opinion sway in the face of Authoritarianism and Right-Wing oppression. Let not your sword arm grow flabby, and your trigger finger grow lax in the face of the oppressing horde. Let not the sanctions of the East, nor the threats of the North sway you in your path to greater Democracy and justice for the masses. It is with pride that the collective Proletariat of Gratislavia welcome you into a new dawn. Even if your path may be towards capitalism, or some such other nonsense, let your people be free. Let them walk in the light and enjoy their new found freedom, and be wary of the dangers that face them.

We would however like to encourage The West down a path to truer enlightenment and social equality. Where man is equal regardless of class or economic situation, where society fades away to classlessness and the power of production is returned to the people. I of course speak of Socialism, or more specifically Proletarianism, the final liberation of the people into the perfect Democratic society. Should The West seek to implement these aspects of truest Democracy, may the Gratislav people congratulate you even more so.

But this is talk of the future, and for now we must live in the present. As an act of new found friendship and support of the new Western government. The Proletarian Union of Gratislavia would like to extend an official hand of friendship, and inquire about the possibilities of the establishment of embassies within our two respective nations. Likewise the Gratislav government would like to beg the Western government a chance to observe the aspects of life under Citizenism, via the dispatching of political observers to the Western Government. In order to better ascertain the aspects of Western government.

With hope and friendship:

XPeter Chernyovskaya Grand Commissar of the Proletarian Union of Gratislavia
"Direction Nationale de Notreceau"

Rusikstan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rusikstan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Офіційний посольства Русич П'ятої Республіки

Official Communiqué of the Rusich Fifth Republic

Subject: An Unfortunate Situation
To: The Administration of the Citizen's Republic of the West

It is under regrettable circumstances that this communication be sent in the following manner. It is even more unpleasant that such circumstances could have been avoided without loss had the recipient been of moderate tact and diplomatic leaning. It was with great pain and extensive deliberation that the Polity has decided that it can no longer idle in the face of the sufficient evidence that has been brought to the attention of the aforementioned Polity. A line of abuses and libel has been brought forth unto our desks and placed for the world at large to see. We are not ignorant of the policies of our neighbors and are more than displeased at the turn of events that have unfolded in the Western Republic. Especially considering that these events have led to the direct insult of the Rusich political system as well as the severance of diplomatic relations with not only our own nation, but also those of our allies.

We sought no quarrel with your administration nor do we take any stance regarding your nation’s political standings. For this reason we are displeased that your administration, because of its political standing, has decided to lash out toward our state. The belief that our political standings are irreconcilable is a stance of misunderstanding and willful ignorance. We would not have held this stance against you had your opinions simply ended at this point. This was not the case. Instead your administration continues its rage against the inherently evil machine that is the world stage, and hold steadfast to your views. Once more, this would not have been held against you had it ended. This was not the case. Your administration continues to commit premeditated acts of diplomatic estrangement, placing yourselves at distance from previously non-hostile states, and making unwarranted enemies. At this, we are displeased.

This escalation was unwarranted. We do not hold your administration to be fully responsible for these acts of escalation. This does not, however, mean that you will see compassion or empathy from our state. We hold the ideal of liberty sacrosanct and the action of a nation’s citizenry as their own. The Polity will never fault a people for a decision, especially if the decision was held by the majority, no matter how tyrannical. Your people’s choice of citizenism is not at question and will never be the base for detrimental acts that we may or may not make against you. We will, however, fault your administration for the actions it has with full knowledge committed in the name of citizenism. It is at this point, with this fact in mind, that the grievances we have shall take form.

It is the opinion of the Chiefs of Staff that we no longer ignore the blatant cynical depravity that has become manifested in what now calls itself “The Citizen’s Republic of the West”. We have no reason to overcomplicate or fluff our point from this point on. We see no reason to continue on a pedantic rant, toss meaningless insults or rattle our sabers any louder than need be. Our intentions are clear.

On 20th September, It was at this time that the Polity decided to default its decision to the Rusich Fifth Republic as to the actions to be made in reaction to those of the Western Republic. In accordance with Executive Staff Recommendation, President Leonid Alekseev has issued executive order 6-099. As of the 21st of September, “The Citizen’s Republic of the West” was accepted as the successor state of the now defunct, and henceforth historically known as, the Former Western Republic. In parallel with action taken on behalf of the Former Western Republic on the 15th September, E.O. 6-099 hereby rescinds all formal diplomatic ties with the Former Western Republic and by extension The Citizen’s Republic of the West. E.O. 6-099 officially terminates all diplomatic contracts holding terms between the Former Western Republic and/or its successor that may exist with the Polity, either the Rusich Fifth Republic or the Slavic Republic of Kanslavia. E.O 6-099 officially terminates all trading contracts between the Former Western Republic and/or its successor that may exist with the Polity and/or companies headquartered with its borders with the expectation that The Citizen’s Republic of the West will financially compensate for the losses experienced due to this severance. Should the Citizen’s Republic of the West refuse due compensation the Polity will have no choice but to place the Citizen’s Republic of the West in delinquency, requiring the Polity to take measured actions to reclaim its losses. E.O 6-099 officially terminates all diplomatic missions and lines of contact and in its stead extends a line of extension, a lesser diplomat through which communication will be possible. E.O. 6-099 in full can be found in an accompanying attachment for full legal and diplomatic understanding it is highly recommended that your administration reviews the order.

It is our hope that your administration will not continue to displease the Polity and its allies. Though we have laid down a heavy hand, we believe that compared to what you have received and will receive, that you find our hand was actually quite lite. We don't seek to be at ends with your administration or your nation. We see no reason to be belligerant or have hostilites, so do not force our hand and we will see a return to normalcy soon enough.

Sincere Regards,

Illian DeGrobere
Ytensyvni Shtat,
High Staff Chief
Senestrum wrote:Russians took the maximum allowable missile performances from the ABM treaty as design goals.

lolz ensued

Cyrupe wrote:Canadians are not good at electronics, hence why you never see them at the top of ANYTHING in the technology industry. Bowling ball track pads are the perfect example of this.

Wamitoria wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:What is the likelihood of a tactical nuke being used in this situation?

Well, the OP was looking for advice for an IC war in II, so I suppose that they would be used almost immediately.
Demonym: Rusich for singular and plural uses.

The Western Republic
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Republic » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:40 am

“Old friends become bitter enemies on a sudden for toys and small offenses” Robert Burton.

The sight of the Boroughsville Citizens’ House was affiliated with silence and uncountable sighs. The pitter patter of the rain was the only audible sound. Inside the intelligence gathered forensics pertaining to authoritarianism which were continuingly dispatched to the various authority figures and hence directed to a slightly transcended variant of themselves, or the ‘revolutionary president’ as they like to call it.

Through the silent corridors that connected the President’s office, a door of a room nearby creaked open. A tall man walked out with a fair pile of papers which he grabbed from archives, one could easily tell it’s an informant of the Citizens’ Security Agency being clad representatively with his fully blackened suit and elegant bow tie. With elephant steps the man made his way towards the presidential office.

“... I will protect those under my jurisdiction, and I shall make an end to...”
Charles stopped his interview with three journalists as he was frantically interrupted by the man’s entrance. Leaving the cynically looking journalists with a burden, ‘not again...’ they thought. The tall CSA informant bowed his back to whisper words of value in Charles’ right ear, after which Charles nodded in kind. “Gentlemen, I must ask you to leave.” He uttered appropriately. It worsened the mood of the already annoyed journalists, but obeyed him nonetheless.

As soon as the journalists left the revolutionary president had a chat with the informant. After some time, the room of the president’s office was locked and was given a ‘do not disturb’ sign. Check, double check He eventually took off his lanyard hidden underneath his suit and unlocked one of the drawers of his desk. He grabbed a remote control, and without further ado typed the code as it matched with a high-pitched beeping tone. The bookcase a few feet from the desk opened and it lead to an obscured corridor, both men fearlessly walked further before they had to identify themselves in front of an elevator, accompanied by a few guards. Required? both eyes and three finger prints. The elevator swiftly brought them below ground level.

“Qui quaerit intrare gazophylacia civium..” A placating tone echoed through the totally obscured underground floor, giving both men shivers, even though they have walked this route before. The president replied back to match the chorus of the sentence “..Quippe qui rerum ordinem nostrum.”
Instantly the room illuminated with thousands of fluorescent lamps that covered the ceiling of the immensely big purely white, clear silent room as if it was heaven itself. Only twenty changing cabins sorted by name, were visible. Inside? a garment of traditional Citizenist descent, looking much alike the apparel of Christian trappists and is used for ceremonial purposes like this one.

Once finished changing, both men approached a camouflaged white giant-sized door a few yards from the cabins. It gradually opened with much struggle. This room was significantly smaller than the last one and was centred with a round table rounded with 20 seats, being occupied by 18 resplendent men and women that had the exact same uniform. They were punctually late, but still slightly embarrassed and indebted, and so they quickly seated. This secret meeting went through a strict and ceremonial latin-phrased oath, before the actual topics came across.

...“Brothers and sisters, I welcome you. I welcome you to the third meeting of the cives concilium (Citizenis’ council). We came here today to discuss the pronouncements of the Prut Großkommandant, the meritocratic filth of the east that determines to reanimate our diplomatic relations based on historical consistency.” The already elder J. F. Baker slandered. Synchronic laughter and smirks were an inevitable sight sweeping through the room. Baker was democratically appointed council president, as official founder of the Citizenist Party and the Citizenist movement in 2009 and 1995. He was the official mastermind behind Western Citizenism, but isolated from the media.

“Yes,” Sheppard said as former attendant in the NWA-West semi-secret negotiations. “Brothers and Sisters, as of recently the international community has hard-handily replied to our diplomatic amendment act. The various nations of Tetrakon had made clear to stop bilateral relations, sympathising their authoritarian banner. We are terrorised by the menace of meritocratic imperialism, insinuated by the Gemeinwohl pact. Trust me, my sole intentions are to lubricate and torch such scum.” Sheppard paused to catch a bit of a dramatic effect, and to suppress his anger, “Yet, Brothers, I must regretfully say that we are plagued with an important issue. Diplomatic isolation means that we are—yet again—in sight of an economic meltdown. I know realpolitik is very surreal and does not align to our standards, but I’m afraid we must.”

“Therefore I propose, to—for once—accept the challenge proposed by the Prut in order to prevent such a disaster from becoming reality. Even though our comfort is restricted in their presence, I recommend we devolve our powers to an observer that thoroughly inspects the indications leading to the meritocratic humanitarian records. To know if they really are an undesirability to our revolutionary guide, I want to know the opinion of the Prut Citizens in order to determine our stance. We must vice versa allow them the same opportunity, showing the volunteering Prut the best sides of our coherent citizenry.”

With a dubious look, Baker fixated his eyes toward Sheppard at the opposite side of the table.
“Brother decurio, it is but the slightest and most irrelevant thing to show compassion to those that do not align with our eternal code,” he uttered repellently, “But I’m afraid you’re right to the fullest. We are no communists to substantially diminish our economic values. We must give our citizens the freedom, and not make a forsaken country out of the CRW, while the self-proclaimed Franklin Confederation to the south prevails. The Prut that have counted a valuable economic partner to the corruptors, leading to lucrative reconciliations, can without further ado arrange the same for us.”
“Not only that, domestically the citizens themselves are slightly disappointed by our interference, especially those that think Prutism does no harm to the CRW, a knit majority of 59.3% of the PU poll stated that the severing of diplomatic relations are viewed as unfortunate. I do not want that number to grow any further, And have a closer look into their agenda. As brother Sheppard said before.

With all hands raised, an unanimous majority of twenty attendants took place as the notion was wholeheartedly enacted. “Good..” Baker smirked ominously, the meeting had come to an end. President Charles popped back in his seat, and before anyone knew it he ordered his secretary to start writing communiqués, inter alia, the approval of the Prut proposal, a reply to the Rusich representative, mocking the Tehraani fascists, and giving words of Friendship to the Gratislavian representative, in that relevant order. The Citizenist coalition quickly separated again and were gone before one started to notice.
★ The Western Republic ★

Neo Prutenia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Prutenia » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:16 pm

Several days later

“Greetings, Syndic Hohenheimer.”

“Salutations, Großkommandant Lauterbach.”

“For good friends to meet, it’s nice isn’t it?”

“Well, I did make the trip all over the Inner sea to get to Königsstein, it would have been rude to not pay our leader a little visit. So, how’s the job been treating you?”

“The hours are awful, the work colleagues are obtuse smartarses with each and every one of them being impossibly arrogant, the work environment is more competitive than a football match between FC Tarragona and Romantiker Rabenstein, I’d rather argue with a sleuth of bears than debate with members of Parliament, which is a task just slightly more difficult to pull off than herding cats, and the whisky you left for me when you left office is way too little for this line of work. Also, I’ll never forgive you for taking lovely Dehler with you to work for Gemeinwohl. While we’re at it, how’s that abomination progressing?”

“Rather fine. Things are a bit slow at the moment, as everyone is assembling their teams. I feel quite comfortable with Wrangelburg now, but I admit it did take some time to get used to it. It’s windier than Königsstein and much, much smaller and older. I guess it has its charms.”

“So it’s set? Wrangelburg will be the Gemeinwohl capital?”

“No, not at all. It will be ‘our’ Gemeinwohl centre, but no capital. The location is just too convenient for the Prut Meritocracy to pass up. Plus, historical value.”

“Yes, I’m sure you and Dehler will lead us into a bright future.

“Well, we would if you didn’t make this little stunt from a few days ago. I don’t know who is worse, you or the Westerlander president.”

“Well, Charles accepted the challenge, no?”

“Was it even wise to issue the challenge?”

“It worked during the war, didn’t it? You would have just appealed to their reason, and conscience, and nobility, or something like that. Remember how well that worked when Rusichland rolled her tanks into Veleslavia?

“I probably would have. Then again, I’m not here to tell you how to do this job. I didn’t choose you as successor as a punishment, Hannibal.”

“It certainly feels that way sometimes, Georg.”

“Come on, you won’t disappoint me now. I won’t regret my choice, won’t I?”

“What’s the problem then?”

“You have no fallback plan in case this goes wrong.”

Lauterbach went silent and looked away, his perpetual grin disappearing from his otherwise cool expression. He leaned on his left hand and stroked his beard thoughtfully, while looking through the window at Königsstein’s glittering skyline and ever busy harbour. Hohenheimer stood up and went to his old mini bar. He took out two glasses and a bottle of black label Marienburger, pouring the golden whisky for both of them. He than returned, sit back in his chair and pushed Lauterbach’s glass over to him. Lauterbach looked at it, smirked, and then raised the glass to Hohenheimer and drank it. Hohenheimer replied in kind.

“When Rusichland attacked, did you have a contingency plan in case your speeches and diplomacy wouldn’t work?”

“Yes, of course. I had a remarkable general staff headed by a quite creative, dedicated Kriegsherr at my disposal. His military leadership and ability to inspire the troops complemented my civilian guidance and knack for mobilizing the entire nation, so together we managed to pull through, as Prut always do.”

Lauterbach just smiled at him, acting indifferent.

“You’re counting on the volunteer to manage, aren’t you?”

“Yes, I’m afraid that’s my whole plan. Let us hope that your talent for picking the right people for the job has rubbed off on me.”

“Let’s hope for the best. So, is he one of your own?”

“She. And no, she’s a volunteer, a singer and artist from Vineta.”

“Marine?”

“Yes, she made it to ‘Maat’ during her service.” Lauterbach paused for a moment. “In fact, we might be able to talk with her right now. Give me a moment.”

Lauterbach typed some commands on his laptop, and requested a few links over his subordinates. After a few minutes, a direct link to Vesperburg was established. The video feed was a bit unstable at first, but soon the connection was working properly. A woman in uniform with a surprised look on her face stared at Lauterbach.

“Herr Großkommandant! I was just about to request a link. I’m ready.”

“Everything fine, soldier?”

“Yes, everything went as agreed upon. The CRW government didn’t hinder me in any way. I’m just about to stroll down to the Vesperburg. The aeroplane will leave immediately afterwards.”

Lauterbach gestured to Hohenheimer to come to the screen. The former head of state complied and showed himself to the trooper, with his gentle smile, he greeted her:

“Well, is that how soldiers report these days?”

No! No, of course not, Herr… Syndic! Maat Montse Emilia Wieck reporting. Everything is fine, and I’m ready to start my mission.”

“I’m just kidding. Frau Wieck, I wish you the best of luck during your travel through Westerland.”

“Thank you, Herr Syndic.”

“Großkommandant Lauterbach and I put our trust in you.”

Lauterbach confirmed by nodding in approval.

“Well then, we won’t hold you back any longer. Godspeed, Frau Wieck.”

“I will report as soon as my return plane picks me up in Boroughsville. Wieck out.”

The link was ended. Lauterbach pushed the laptop aside, and used the opportunity to refill the glasses.

“To Wieck’s success.”

“To Wieck’s success!”

Vesperburg, a few moments later.

Maat Montse Emilia Wieck exited her transport craft, with just her uniform and the Prut tricolour in her hand, and as agreed upon, no money, weapon, or anything that might aid her here. Proudly, and with just a hint of concern in her eyes, she walked a few paces and stood on a rock, overlooking Vesperburg. Behind her, the aeroplane took off. As she watched it disappear, she gripped her banner tightly, smiled with that mischievous grin only Prut and death row convicts can pull off when facing apparently impossible odds, and calmly started walking towards the first city to greet her.

The Western Republic
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Republic » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:09 pm

"Who is this 'I' you speak of?"

Man that sucks, the pressure constipated my ears as if it’s trying to deafen me, and simultaneously it hurts! For I realised we were soon to land. Landing on a sovereign state our leaders call “unsuitable to the revolutionary guide”.

“Please fasten your seatbelts, make sure your backs are upright and your tray tables are stowed in their upright and locked position… ready for touchdown. Blablabla, the usual.”

The flight went swiftly, which is something I take for granted when flying business class. The airliner was largely abandoned except for some bureaucrat lookalikes; you would need to be packed with a handful of good reasons in order to travel to this specific state. The thorough interrogation back home was inevitable. Yet I was skipped, and I think that’s for self-explanatory reasons. But you know what? I’m actually quite satisfied I’m flying in such small numbers. I mean think about it, no cry babies, no creepy elder that always find the need to talk to you. Oh and last but not least, no obnoxious people applauding at the end of a flight. Pfft, I mean come on, are they really thanking the Pilot for not crashing? Okay I have to correct myself, for the latter cracks me up, really.

The airplane shook like a drug addict suffering severe withdrawal symptoms, Maybe that wasn't the most poetic way to describe it, but I found it quite humorous. It scared me at first, but then I knew we have made contact with ‘semi-hostile’ soil. Hey I could’ve known hadn’t it been this dark outside. I fixated my eyes on the attractive blonde Prut. “I felt my ‘lederhosen’ arising” was the first Prut proverb I could think of, which suited the momentum.

I strolled through the gate and found my way to the terminal of the Pfennburg International Airport. My destination would be the harbour where an overseas-route of some sort will guide me to Königsstein in the north. My first impression on the people is just restricted to “Okay”, although I’ve never been here before, the people seem like any-other they so have their jobs and families to take care of, something I admire. But it’s not the people that really bothers me, it’s the meritocracy and profound undemocratic measures this country voted into law. Let me get this straight though, I’m not to deduce on such prejudices right now as everything remains fragile, I will have to restraint myself to facts as a true observa..—cough—Volunteer to the See-Arr-Doubleyu.

Walking out of the Airport, I had to deal with the public transit in order to get to Pfennburg itself. ‘Bus route 25—no, line 56’, for the record I was exhausted as fuck. Maybe it’s because of the jetlag, maybe it’s because of the stress on my shoulders, I don’t know. All I know is that I needed to catch some sleep as quickly as possible. But man this bus stop was the top of the iceberg. The Low Prut font size was gigantic, in comparison to the microscopic size of the English translation, It was a real struggle to read it through. “Line 65 to city centre, leaving at 23:20” The info poster implied. I had to get used to the Aschenkeilern Military Time, making it 11:20 PM, the formula was just minus twelve hours, initially. “That’s him!” I noticed as I saw the bus farther down the road, sprinting as no-other Ougadougu athlete, I mobilised towards the bus stop. “Wait up!” I shouted. But I was too late, the doors shut and the grumpy bus driver drove away without compassion. I was angry as I had to wait for another hour for the next bus to arrive. To my shock the bus stopped at the spot I was before, but I was too tired to walk all the way back, leave alone run. Words couldn’t describe how infuriated I was. To make things worse, it started to rain.

I walked through the streets in pursue of finding a motel. Wavering on the sidewalk, a Prut taxi found the need to splash me, making everything “just perfect”. My eyes started to transform into those of a stoner, as if someone spilled acids into my eyes, never were they under such rubbish conditions. I’m enduring a curse. To my great delight I saw a Prut protestant monastery from my eye corners. Desperately I ascended the elevated plateau and I knocked on the door. A well-groomed old robed monk opened, he greeted me in Low Prut.

“Please, I am very tired. Mind if I..”
I faded away, I was simply too exhausted to finish the sentence. Before I knew It I dropped to the ground, and everything was pitch-black.

Veridian City, also referred to as Vesperburg, or Zelsich of the west, a coherent span of peoples knit in a society belonging to a strict regime. Flickering lights covered the streets that once resembled Prut hierarchy. Though, as culturally resemblance may come in favour, 52.5% of the legal residents lodged their vote in favour of the Citizenist party. As a result, the tenets are well cored in the society. Corrupt corporations are torn down and sprayed with grey dye, classless implementations are in full swing, and people are interrogated for the slightest suspicion.

Today, this was not the case. The Veridians must stick to a strict submitted act under the watchful eye of the Citizens’ Intelligence Agency, children were forced to play happily in a park nearby and act like nothing ever happened. Although the economy was visibly plummeting, the Republic had a poor fiscal policy, and therefore certain details couldn't be hidden. Security was /essential/.

On the second floor of an ancient corner store two sunglass wearing agents positioned themselves on a wooden table in sight of two large windows covered with white curtains. Two laptop screens projected an overview of the Prut volunteer strolling through the streets. Adjusting his binoculars one agent started peering through the camouflaged windows.

“George set satellite to 5.44334 degrees north.” He uttered as he saw the volunteer walking with the Prut tricoloured banner.

“Done.” The laptop started to zoom in on the head of the volunteer from a bird's perspective.

“0.77583 degrees south. Moving over to phase 2 in just a matter of seconds, our black ops formations can clear misfortunes must such be needed.”

“Wait.. There he is.”

A tall man started to walk towards the Prut volunteer, he reached out his hands. Before she could say anything he started. To make it less superficial a crowd had begun filling empty places.

“Hey”, he said in a somewhat elegant tone, “My name is Harrold. Is this your first time in the Western Republic?”
★ The Western Republic ★

Neo Prutenia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Prutenia » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:58 am

“Odd, isn’t it?”

“What do you mean, Hegumen?”

“Well, we don’t get tourists here often, do we? His documents say he’s from Vesperland. Kind of far away to come here, and he doesn’t look sick to me.”

“Aren’t all travellers Father’s guests?”

“Of course, brother, of course. He is welcome to stay, as a guest. We will need Hieromonk Wulfila to translate for us. Is he in the monastery?”

“Yes, Hegumen, he recently returned from service. Should I call for him?”

“Please do so.”

The monk went outside the room, while the hegumen, remained beside the stranger. He was sitting calmly next to his bed, periodically checking on the lying guest and making sure he wasn’t developing a fever, since he passed out in the rain. When they brought him inside earlier, they took off his wet cloths and placed it inside a warm room to dry, after putting the stranger in simple, warm scrubs clothing, and tucked him under a blanket. The hegumen hoped this would suffice to keep the guest healthy.

The room itself wasn’t particularly special and quite Spartan, plain even. It had one window, looking east towards the garden and a wall about 15 metres away. At this moment, raindrops were gently falling against the glass, but otherwise it was rather quite, as appropriate for such a place. Next to the unusually comfortable bed was a small table with an electric light, and a drawer. Some books were inside the drawer, mostly literature related to either monastic topics or medicine, and interestingly no bible, only a Catechism of the Order of Prutenic Knights. Not counting the chair the hegumen was sitting on, the only other thing inside the room was a small ethanol heater, currently turned on.

A few moments later, Hieromonk Wulfila came back with the other monk and greeted the hegumen. It wasn’t clear if the sudden increase in noise woke up the stranger, or if it was coincidence, but the hegumen gestured to the hieromonk to translate and interpret for him, which he did in a rather dry, but understandable English:

“Good evening, good Sir. I’m the hegumen of this monastery, Ermingild. The person translating for me is our hieromonk, Wulfila. He’s the only English-speaking brother we currently have here.”

The hieromonk stopped for a second and raised his right hand, to say ‘hi’ while smiling gently at the man in the bed, then continued to interpret for Ermingild:

“I don’t know if you recall what happened, but you fell unconscious after arriving at our door. We took you in and took care of you. Do not worry, your cloths and bags are currently drying in another room. You’re in one of the guest rooms. You’ve been out for some time, but you have no injuries. Everything seems to be fine.

I would recommend you rest a bit and regain your strength. You are welcome to stay at our humble monastery as our guest. Are you perhaps hungry, or thirsty? Are you comfortable enough? Would you like another blanket perhaps? Don’t be shy, tell us if you need something.”

The hegumen now smiled at the stranger too, with a rather friendly grin.

Well met, Harrold, I’m Wieck. Montse Emilia Wieck. You seem to be the friendliest fellow here, everyone else appears to be tense.”

Wieck roguishly grined at Harrold, deliberately using the ironic emphasis in speech. She took his hand and squeezed firmly, and somewhat surprisingly strongly for a woman.

“Not the first time. Well, the first time in the ’Citizen’s Republic’, I guess. Was once on a gig in d’Artagnan on the eastcoast with my band, about two years ago. Had to return home when the war started, so I didn’t get the chance to see much of Westerland, but I hope to remedy that during my stay here. I’m supposed to be heading north, to Dock Hamshire, and later to Montgomery before turning east. Will I always get such a nice welcoming committee?”

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents