NATION

PASSWORD

Vapor: A Steampunk RP Region (OOC v. 2.0 -- CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nukes?

Allow them and their use. Nuclear holocaust is inevitable. Opens possibility of post-apocalyptic RPs.
53%
Allow them but not their use. No nuclear holocaust, but nations can make empty threats.
9%
(Mish's plan) Allow their discovery, but not their use beyond initial tests, after which, the weaponized technology will be destroyed. Allows for Mish's research RP and for later nuclear power, but no nuclear weapons.
24%
Use alternative laws of physics that somehow prevent nuclear technology from functioning at all.
14%

Total votes : 173

Fanaglia
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Sorry I've been gone a while, but I'm back. Well, I've only been off-NS for two days, but, when it comes to our OOC discussion(s), that's like a decade.

Cygnar wrote:Well, I plan on allying with vitz and servoth and I'm not joining AMEN.

EDIT: Not only Servoth and Vitzenburg, of course :p

Well, you're pretty much on my side, then. Or at least we don't think you're that bad. Plan on a positive message from Queen Autumn when I get a chance to write it (I'm on a school computer right now)\

Itailian Maifias wrote:Well this sucks. I had a six paragraph OP of my introductory thread finally finished, and then my internet browser crashes and I lose it. This sucks.

That's why whenever I'm writing something of any real length, I type it up in Notepad and paste it into NS. Some people prefer MS Word, but sometimes, if you have any BBCode formatting, it will confuse Word -- you don't get that problem with Notepad.

Pavlostani wrote:
Itailian Maifias wrote:Nah, I have IE, the only thing it saves is it's own redundancy.

Get Google Chrome. It is everything I could have asked for.

Firefox is better.

@ Mafias: ask your wife to explain to you what exactly it is about IE that she prefers over Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Opera. When she can't find any real reason (which she won't), hit her with a big, fat "I told you so now do it."

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:
Itailian Maifias wrote:Other substitues include: Strategic withdrawl, regrouping, change of assignment/objectives, linking up with supply assets, etc.

He only said retreat, so I assume (ahem Vitz and Fan) that he is only retreating. Of course he can do more than that, but as of now, there isn't much to support him doing anything not retreating-like.

Besides, I got like 10,000 people (and decreasing) attacking a force much larger than ours. Plus, based on the way these guys RP, I can't just say 'I'm doing a surprise attack' since they'd just counter it. And if I do commit to a surprise attack without saying it, people are going to berate me for god-modding and having troops appear out of nowhere.

For example, based on Khamul posting in the AMEN-war thread about having troops behind my lines, I can simply choose to be a douche and attack those guys even though they are supposed to be spies or insurgents of some sort.

You make us sound so mean. Of course you can do a surprise attack, if you RP it in a reasonable way. Of course, this means that whomever you're attacking responds in a reasonable way, too (i.e. not magically knowing your guys are there when they have no logical way to know that, given the information presently available).

Vitzenburg wrote:I really don't think Cyprum understands the things Fan and I say to him about situations.

Maybe.

Inoroth wrote:Quite the opposite, Pavlo... If one believes in a knowable God which one can interact with (which I do), then why wouldn't one wish to take time to honor Him?

It's the starting premise, the answer to the question of "Is there a God, and if so, can one know Him/Her/It" that we are differing on here, and how one answers that question determines a whole lot about what one believes... But I'd really rather not threadjack the OOC with a theological debate out of courtesy, so if you, Khamul, or anyone else want to talk about atheism and christianity, I would propose we do it over TG's or in a new thread, rather than clutter our OOC... which I am doing right now by continuing to talk... :)

@Inesea - Got it now :)

@Servoth - It's like lent, where you give up something that sucks an inordinate amount of your time or interest, giving that time or interest to reading scriptures, meditating, and prayer.

Careful, Inoroth -- in the context of Bible study, to "know" someone means something completely different. Think Sodom and Gomorrah.

Inoroth wrote:If anyone's interested, this is what I picture when I read of Nov's land battleship:

Ooh, look at that nice, big target!
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Jesus H. Christ on a jelly pogo stick of justice.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:NS forums are SUPERGOOGLE.

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Inoroth
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:21 am

Ok, here's the official deal:

I am allowing myself 1 hour of internet per day, because a.) I am expecting an email from my school that is extremely time sensative and b.) you guys move too fast on the OOC... if I didn't keep up with it over the next 3 weeks, I'd never catch back up. So, you might not even notice I'm "gone" :)

@Fan - If that's where your mind leads you, I'll put in a special prayer to the Big Man for you tonight :p

EDIT* Nov, can you send me some stats on the Armageddon's armor? I would like to do a few calculations :ugeek:

I am thinking: Thickness, material used, and what not.
Last edited by Inoroth on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Life is what you make it -- I made it into a peach cobbler
cosmopolitan/nationalistic: 4%
secular/religious: 63%
visionary/reactionary: 39%
anarchistc/authoritarian: 25%
communistic/capitalistic: 37%
pacifistic/militaristic: 48%
ecological.anthropological: 66%
I am apperantly a Neo-Conservative... who knew?

Inoroth's Military Here.
Nations Represented By This Account: Inoroth, New Inorothian Space Empire,

Inoroth's Factbook Here

"A fool's words cut down friends on the eve of battle" - Vinchero

Fanaglia
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Inoroth wrote:Ok, here's the official deal:

I am allowing myself 1 hour of internet per day, because a.) I am expecting an email from my school that is extremely time sensative and b.) you guys move too fast on the OOC... if I didn't keep up with it over the next 3 weeks, I'd never catch back up. So, you might not even notice I'm "gone" :)

@Fan - If that's where your mind leads you, I'll put in a special prayer to the Big Man for you tonight :p

EDIT* Nov, can you send me some stats on the Armageddon's armor? I would like to do a few calculations :ugeek:

I am thinking: Thickness, material used, and what not.

Note: I am, in fact, a Christian (Greek Orthodox, specifically). I was just pointing out tongue-in-cheek that you should be careful when choosing your words, especially when literalists (which I am not) are afoot. I'm also quite fond of puns, especially dirty ones, regardless of the circumstances :P

Just remember: even God has a sense of humor. Just look at the platypus.
Last edited by Fanaglia on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Jesus H. Christ on a jelly pogo stick of justice.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:NS forums are SUPERGOOGLE.

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:44 pm

150,400 Kg m/s is the approximate Momentum of a Shell from the Rail Fortress. I do believe it would damage quite a few things...
I'm really tired

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:48 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:150,400 Kg m/s is the approximate Momentum of a Shell from the Rail Fortress. I do believe it would damage quite a few things...

Okay, I can post having my airfleet appear at the ferry docks. What exactly should I do? Evacuate, attack, go after the fortress?

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:50 pm

1904 Coastal Defense Rifle

Mish, Have some head to where my Naval Group is rallying(Rally Point Zulu-Alpha i think) and some to the Docks. They can help evacuate, but should also attempt to destroy enemies.
I'm really tired

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:52 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:1904 Coastal Defense Rifle

Mish, Have some head to where my Naval Group is rallying(Rally Point Zulu-Alpha i think) and some to the Docks. They can help evacuate, but should also attempt to destroy enemies.

The majority are fast attack or bomber airships, not transport, but alright.

Okay, so where is the naval group rallying relative to the ferry docks? Could we perhaps get Nova to put up a map or something?

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:1904 Coastal Defense Rifle

The majority are fast attack or bomber airships, not transport, but alright.

Okay, so where is the naval group rallying relative to the ferry docks? Could we perhaps get Nova to put up a map or something?

Noraet, ahead of he Novairian Task Force. It is the center point in a deep water channel. It is 100ish kilometers from the Docks.
I'm really tired

Inoroth
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Well Fan, I did put up a " :p ", I too appreciate puns, and I understand what you were saying.

@Inesea - Thanks, now I just need Nov's armor stats:
Life is what you make it -- I made it into a peach cobbler
cosmopolitan/nationalistic: 4%
secular/religious: 63%
visionary/reactionary: 39%
anarchistc/authoritarian: 25%
communistic/capitalistic: 37%
pacifistic/militaristic: 48%
ecological.anthropological: 66%
I am apperantly a Neo-Conservative... who knew?

Inoroth's Military Here.
Nations Represented By This Account: Inoroth, New Inorothian Space Empire,

Inoroth's Factbook Here

"A fool's words cut down friends on the eve of battle" - Vinchero

Cygnar
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:28 pm

MIsh, you may now send me telegram requesting to resupply in my lands, or even asking me to join the war, since after the CWT, our relations turned out positive ;)
Vitzenburg wrote:Cygnar, high on powa! Just try to stop him! He'll sock ya in the mouth as his boys Vitz and Servoth come a knockin!

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:
Servoth wrote:Micro-dick.

Our micro dicks make lots of people. Your 'larger' dicks still create a .000000000000000000000001 % growth rate.
EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:What burns in Life, itself burns in Death. To Hades is smote, thee who defy the Divine.

Divine! Bah! We could build a god from our own foundries.
Unidox wrote:LSD, no thanks. Give me some NSG.

Oh, hell yeah, thats the stuff...
♔ ||Cygnaran Königreich|| ♔
♔ ||Steampunk-Dieselpunk Nation|| ♔

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:35 pm

Cygnar wrote:MIsh, you may now send me telegram requesting to resupply in my lands, or even asking me to join the war, since after the CWT, our relations turned out positive ;)

Good, good. I'll make a post when I get back from a few errands, detailing my fleet arriving, as well as a telegram.

Would your nation join the war openly, or remain relatively neutral?

Cygnar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
Cygnar wrote:MIsh, you may now send me telegram requesting to resupply in my lands, or even asking me to join the war, since after the CWT, our relations turned out positive ;)

Good, good. I'll make a post when I get back from a few errands, detailing my fleet arriving, as well as a telegram.

Would your nation join the war openly, or remain relatively neutral?

I still haven't decided
Vitzenburg wrote:Cygnar, high on powa! Just try to stop him! He'll sock ya in the mouth as his boys Vitz and Servoth come a knockin!

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:

Our micro dicks make lots of people. Your 'larger' dicks still create a .000000000000000000000001 % growth rate.
EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:What burns in Life, itself burns in Death. To Hades is smote, thee who defy the Divine.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:06 pm

I hope you join the war FOR us Cygnar. I foresee many a dark day ahead of my Army. My navy will have days of light however...
I'm really tired

Pavlostani
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:24 pm

And wouldn't you love to test your warjacks Cygnar?
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Sri Tschow
Minister

Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:53 pm

...On Khamul! Sri Tschow has the more likely chance of winning this war, and you'd get access to my nations superior air and sea technology! Join the HSTWTWAAMENA (Help Sri Tschow Win The War Against AMEN Alliance)!!!!
"Asking NSG about military strategy is like asking Stephen Hawking about running hurdles."~Blazedtown

"There is no fixing the world. There is just making it suck a little less."~Corsca

"Humans fight to the last. When all hope is lost, when everything stands to be taken? That's when they fight the hardest. I see no reason not to continue that tradition."~The Emerald Legion

"Capitalism is a petrol station with unreasonably priced drinks on the highway to utopia."~Forster Keys
Economic Left|Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian|Authoritarian: -6.87
Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

Cygnar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Sri Tschow wrote:...On Khamul! Sri Tschow has the more likely chance of winning this war, and you'd get access to my nations superior air and sea technology! Join the HSTWTWAAMENA (Help Sri Tschow Win The War Against AMEN Alliance)!!!!

I have no IC relations with you, while my relations with Mish are excellent, and Inesea and Khamul are good. Joining you is out of question.

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:

EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:

Vitzenburg
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitzenburg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:01 pm

Cygy, waiting on a magor post from you

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:01 pm

Cygnar wrote:
Sri Tschow wrote:...On Khamul! Sri Tschow has the more likely chance of winning this war, and you'd get access to my nations superior air and sea technology! Join the HSTWTWAAMENA (Help Sri Tschow Win The War Against AMEN Alliance)!!!!

I have no IC relations with you, while my relations with Mish are excellent, and Inesea and Khamul are good. Joining you is out of question.

Don't shoot me now, I've done nothing to you. :l

Sri Tschow
Minister

Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:09 pm

The latest. You consider a armored airship with guns the latest?
"Asking NSG about military strategy is like asking Stephen Hawking about running hurdles."~Blazedtown

"There is no fixing the world. There is just making it suck a little less."~Corsca

"Humans fight to the last. When all hope is lost, when everything stands to be taken? That's when they fight the hardest. I see no reason not to continue that tradition."~The Emerald Legion

"Capitalism is a petrol station with unreasonably priced drinks on the highway to utopia."~Forster Keys
Economic Left|Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian|Authoritarian: -6.87
Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Sri Tschow wrote:The latest. You consider a armored airship with guns the latest?

The key word is armored. Not fire-resistant. Not compartmentalized. Armored. Basically heavier than Air in itself.
I'm really tired

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:12 pm

Sri Tschow wrote:The latest. You consider a armored airship with guns the latest?

You're forgetting I'm Khamul, the french fries of the sky.
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Vitzenburg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vitzenburg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Airships can't function if they're heavier than air... kinda the whole shtick about an airship is that it's lighter than air.

Thus an armored airship is still lighter than air.
Last edited by Vitzenburg on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Vitzenburg wrote:Airships can't function if they're heavier than air... kinda the whole shtick about an airship is that it's lighter than air.

I think the key word in Inesea's sentence was "Basically".

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Vitzenburg wrote:Airships can't function if they're heavier than air... kinda the whole shtick about an airship is that it's lighter than air.

Thus an armored airship is still lighter than air.

Downward Propellers..... And Basically
I'm really tired

Vitzenburg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vitzenburg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Pavlostani wrote:

I think the key word in Inesea's sentence was "Basically".

Don't matter

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents