NATION

PASSWORD

Hutanjian War and Armistice (OOC - CLOSED to new apps)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Imperial Alliance of Free States
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Alliance of Free States » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:44 pm

I don't care what I'm called, I've seen most iterations already. Assets I will tend to refer to as either Alliance or Imperial and it's never really come up for personnel but I'm ok with anything where it's obvious it's me.

Could someone get me up to speed on the naval situation? I'm playing catchup and it's a bit hard to follow. And who's flying SR-71's? Someone mentioned it but I can't find it.

For technical stuff, the XR-81 Raven is significantly faster and higher-flying than the SR-71. The only two methods the Alliance has discovered to destroy a cruising Raven are an anti-ballistic missile missile and a high-energy laser, which has only limited effectiveness between the cone of heat around the plane and the high heat tolerance of the aircraft. If someone wants specifics, feel free to ask.

Falkasia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Falkasia » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:35 pm

I'm cool with it. Really, all I want is to get the story back on the ball.
Universal Defense Consolidated Storefront
Dramatis Personae
Just for the record; I'm colorblind to Yellow
Falkasia is ranked 1st in the region and 1st in the world for Most Awesome Nations.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:26 pm

The Imperial Alliance of Free States wrote:I don't care what I'm called, I've seen most iterations already. Assets I will tend to refer to as either Alliance or Imperial and it's never really come up for personnel but I'm ok with anything where it's obvious it's me.

Could someone get me up to speed on the naval situation? I'm playing catchup and it's a bit hard to follow. And who's flying SR-71's? Someone mentioned it but I can't find it.

For technical stuff, the XR-81 Raven is significantly faster and higher-flying than the SR-71. The only two methods the Alliance has discovered to destroy a cruising Raven are an anti-ballistic missile missile and a high-energy laser, which has only limited effectiveness between the cone of heat around the plane and the high heat tolerance of the aircraft. If someone wants specifics, feel free to ask.

I believe that Mcnernia has the Blackbird SR-71s, correct me if I'm wrong?

Naval situation: confusing, but Falkasia has at least one major hi-tech carrier, The Schectman, in theater, between Nesselberg and Cardwiths, probably on the northern end of those straits by now. New Edom has some light naval and troopships, location??
Mcnernia has some ships as well, very near you. I would check his posts.
Hutanjia has little to nil deep blue sea navy, but light cruiser and corvette, which it barely risks away from Nevorn, dozens of mini-subs, 3 full subs, dozens of light patrol craft to run the channels between the islands, armed with various torpedos, rockets, missiles, heavy MGs, etc.
Uli-Schwyz Regiment (me) has no naval forces.

I hope that helps.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Contamenesia
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Contamenesia » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:05 pm

Can i ask why no one thinks of tesla warfare? its just a question....
If you are looking for playable races to add to your RP, click on the link below to look at playable races and variations that i and other people have come up with! We are adding more to list everday, and feel free to add you own race/species ideas: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=440015

My Rps:

The Truths of Existence:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=349767&start=2550

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Contamenesia wrote:Can i ask why no one thinks of tesla warfare? its just a question....

Because...explain yourself, that's why.
I know who Nikola Tesla is, beyond that, those two words don't go together for me.
So, Huh?
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Contamenesia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Contamenesia » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:29 pm

well, given you have enough power, you can easily build hundreds of teslas, and putting them in a grid formation gives your nation quite the defense, especially againt foes of LARGE numbers. Tesla warfare is a strictly defensive type of warfare, but can be put into offensive capabilities such as EMPs and even shock suits can be built,using rubber suiting and wire trigger energy discharges. not to mention tesla technology is effective against both men and mechanicle units, such as tanks, planes, and boats. its not a fantasy either, all this is a completely capable and utilizable form of warfare in our modern day world.
If you are looking for playable races to add to your RP, click on the link below to look at playable races and variations that i and other people have come up with! We are adding more to list everday, and feel free to add you own race/species ideas: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=440015

My Rps:

The Truths of Existence:

Hutanjia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2012

Postby Hutanjia » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:46 pm

We're not doing FT or PMT and we're not doing Steampunk/Tesla untapped tech. Thanks for your input, anyway.

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:50 pm

I have the blackbirds, the Mcnernian Royal Air Force Strategic Air Command and well I may use the RF-95 Wraith I just thought up since we well have armed reconnisiance birds,
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Falkasia
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Falkasia » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Direct energy discharge in any wavelength is fantasy, and contrary to what you're saying, it is not a capable form of warfare in the modern world. Tesla technology, as elaborated in the Command and Conquer series, relies on directed electric energy in the form of beams to essentially incinerate/electrocute enemy combatants. Supposedly, such attacks are capable of arcing across great distances in an intelligent manner to strike their foe.

This is not possible in present technology, as an charge of electricity would instantly go to ground upon release. The conduit would act as a giant lightening rod, and diffuse all energy into the ground upon release. It would not arc without a conductive medium, and even then one could not make the energy attack any sort of foe in a cohesive manner. The worst you'd get from a "tesla attack," is a severe static shock.
Dramatis Personae
Falkasia is ranked 1st in the region and 1st in the world for Most Awesome Nations.

Contamenesia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Contamenesia » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:22 pm

First off, what the heck is Command and Conquer? and second, studying electromagnetics shows that high power sources can be drawn toward areas of lower power sources as to even out in power fluctations. There is no "intellegent guidance systems" to tesla tech, but by controlling frequency and wave strength, you can manipulate how sensitive a tesla is to lower electrical areas. Electrical manipulation is actually quite physically possible.

My Rps:

The Truths of Existence:

Falkasia
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Falkasia » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:50 pm

But once again, the concept of "Tesla Tech" requires direct guidance. This is a tentative term, but any form of discharge would be negated by air resistance. If a charged beam of particles were supposed to interact with a target (i.e kill it), it would have to be a conductor. Differing "power sources" have nothing to do with it. If the enrgy cannot get from the coil to the target, it doesn't matter how much power the electricity has. Current always runs to ground.

I will argue on this no more, so as to keep this thread clear for actually OOC pertaining to the IC Thread.
Dramatis Personae

Contamenesia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Contamenesia » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Actually, since elictricity and lightning is a form of plasma, and moves with high voltages, air resistences wouldn't affect power fluctation balancing. plus, control comes from how much electrical charge you put into the tesla, and also, by using temperal electronic toning, one can manipulate how electricity travels, this is done in power transferences from the powerplants to your lights and t.v., making a general target area. Fantasy of the Tesla only lies in its guidance percision, however guidance of electrical currencies can be manipulated. Electricity will cut through air resistences, because of high heat and energy. as for effectiveness, the more power applied to the tesla will generate more devastating damages. And Tesla will only arch to the ground if no near electrical source is around, after all, ground energy isn't on the surface, but a bit below. Tesla technology already exists, though not in weaponry, but it IS applicable to warfare in logical and physical means. I will not argue this further.
Last edited by Contamenesia on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My Rps:

The Truths of Existence:

The UFF of Hutanjia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 16, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The UFF of Hutanjia » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Fantastic! Here's a thought. Carry this discussion to the General Discussion forum or create your own RP thread based on Tesla theory tech in the Portal to the Multiverse forum. It doesn't belong here, Contamenesia.

Falkasia
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Falkasia » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Except a post from me either later tonight, or tomorrow.
Dramatis Personae

Hutanjia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2012

Postby Hutanjia » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Looking forward to it.
I wrote a bit about the FNS Schectmann, unloading its supplies and the commencement of attack; so let me know if you need some clarification.
Also, the meeting at the rebel/FSIS logging camp. Hoping to move that forward.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:23 am

There's some others that will post, so I will wait to post any more until later today. All I would put up now is the bulge battle between UFF and royal gov forces anyway, which can carry on on its own. I will wait on the connecting subplots with the Carrier, Mcnernians, New Edom, etc. until I see what all is posted.
Reminder (Mcnernia) expect blood! You think the UFF, Royal Huts and Uli have bled a bit, just wait, that's the tip of the iceberg. I'm going to give myself plenty of casualties coming up.

PS I realize its silly that there's no flanking to cut off the bulge in Op Voodoo before reinforcements get through. I will cover that.
My Factbook

McNernia
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:36 am

Ok, Ill smack myself in the face Neu Engolion and well Mcnernias soliders are professional
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
A Time of Trouble
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Lore change?

Falkasia
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Falkasia » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:50 am

Professionalism doesn't make one bulletproof. Falkasia's soldiers are professional too, and they still drop when hit by rounds.
Dramatis Personae

McNernia
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:27 pm

I mean well, they have been in combat before
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
A Time of Trouble

Lore change?

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Sorry, I singled you out. I just can't deal with arguments over a couple guys or a helicopter going down. I don't understand at all. Most of the soldiers going into this are professional (except for some of the rawer Hutanjians). It's a war, stuff happens. This is a bloody, dirty tricks, jungle man vs man lo tech mess. I can't stress that enough. You can bring all the modern tech you want into the jungle, but in the end there's so many factors that can overwhelm that. This is NOT Rambo.

Now, I've got more bad news for you. 2 Falkasian agents just bombed the Parliament building and there's going to be a lot of casualties. Uli Schwyz, Hutanjian, MHPG and Mcnernian marines that just arrived. How are you going to deal with it?
You can pull out like the Americans and French did out of Beirut in 1984 when they're barracks were bombed. Or you can accept that casualties actually happened, go all 9/11 and take some revenge, like the US did in Afghanistan.
Your choice.
My Factbook

McNernia
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:59 pm

OHH SHIIIT well I supose they could , yeah well I did set up hesco barriers , drive right into the motor pool...I read the map and could you edit it,
Forces on the ground for Mcnernia:

C (Airmobile) and D (Recce) and E(Artillery co 1 Kings Havenian Rifles

1 ( Airmobile ) 2 (Recce) 7 (Airmobile) 8 (Artillery) 23 Royal Marines
Last edited by McNernia on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
A Time of Trouble

Lore change?

Falkasia
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Falkasia » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:08 pm

I'm sorry Mcneria, but I'm calling Godmod. There is no way you could have a submarine appear out of thin air right next to my fleet. Absolutely, positively no possible way. The fleet would have detected you on arrival, or as you crept forward. It wouldn't have been able to get in range without detection. The midget subs were small enough to possess a minimal sonar return, and be mistaken for other sonar signatures like large fish or coral formations. From what you're saying however, your submarine is probably equivalent to an Ohio or Seawolf Class attack submarine to possess the kind of firepower you suggest it does.
Last edited by Falkasia on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dramatis Personae

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:13 am

I'm working on a new sitrep map for Nesselberg with all allied royal and rebel units on it.
(NOT down to the company level, there's not enough room)

Can I please get the name of the Falkasian Marine unit landing on the NW coast and the name of the Mount Hagen artillery and commando unit near Fomtwong? Thanks.

Also, let's get this sub situation figured out. Any other discrepencies, let me know.

Here's the map I have so far:

http://i.imgur.com/UvInF.png

Eventually, I want to get an updated ORBAT for all forces, too. I will copy and paste what I can.
My Factbook

Falkasia
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Falkasia » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:23 am

No problem. They're the 4th and 22nd Marine Raider Companies, respectively. Where they're placed does not matter, but each is roughly 150-200 strong with significant heavy weapons and vehicle loadout. They're the closest thing to jungle troops the Falkasians have.

As for the FSIS contingent, they'll be moving to join up with Yuri, so placing them on the map is not necessary.
Dramatis Personae

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:37 am

No that's perfect. I won't put the FSIS operators on there. Do we want to have a vague location for Yuri's Falkasian camp? Not that it would be known IC to everyone, but just for reference. I'll hold off on that for now.

Also, We need to start looking at Cardwiths situation. I figure there will be an Air Base under UFF control at Noritts that they can give up to the Falkasians. Especially the V-25s up in the air now that may not be able to land back on the carrier once their fuel and missions are done. I don't know how you were going to work that.
My Factbook

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents