NATION

PASSWORD

Embargo of Gholgoth and its nations = MT

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:53 pm

EUROPEAN NEWS WIRE - SPECIAL BULLETIN
Hetmanate Intervenes in European Market

Following a special emergency session the Council of Officers has ordered an emergency bank holiday, an indefinite halt on all exports of gold and silver, a 24-hour halt to all trading in the Hetmanate while authorizing the central bank to slash the interest rate and begin purchasing European government corporate bonds in "unlimited" quantity.

"It is necessary to take drastic action to ensure the survival of the Kyivan economy" the central bank governor stated in a press release "as an export oriented manufacturing economy we cannot survive in isolation, with the withdrawl of Yohannes financial institutions the Hetmanate has no choice but to act to sustain liquidity in the region. Inflation targets have been scrapped and the Hetman is adamant that he is prepared to take responsibility for the outcome of these measures."

Shortly before trading was halted the Kyiv Stock Exchange and the L'viv Mercantile Exchanges recorded their largest ever plunges. Few traders are relishing the return to trading tomorrow though, with one senior banker confiding he expected a "Bloodletting" when it resumed. It is still unknown the full extent of Kyivs exposure to Yohannes markets but investors have wasted no time dumping any asset perceived to be overly exposed. Rumors that the Council was preparing to impose capital controls are also believed to have played a role in the plunge.

Airports have reported a record spike in small aircraft traffic, anecdotal due to executives and local government officials cutting short their summer holidays to return and address the crisis.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:54 pm

BREAKING NEWS!
Minnysota Confronts the Blockade

MINNEAPOLIS, MINNYSOTA - Just moments ago, the head of the Lyran Arms branch in Minnysota, Edward Nuller, released a statement saying that three ships have been dispatched. These ships are carrying Lyran tanks, artillery sets, and weapons to customers of Lyran Arms, he said. When asked about the blockade, he merely challenged, "I dare them to stop the shipment." Brookhaven Port Authority has confirmed the reports, saying that three medium-sized cargo ships destined for Paldariia left this morning at roughly 0500 hours. There has been no response yet from the aggressive nations enacting the blockade, but public opinion of the move is very high.

President Anthony Jackson expressed his support and declared that if the ships are stopped by the blockade, military action will be taken. "These hostile fleets have taken it upon themselves to violate our economic freedom, and have amassed no more than two hundred miles from our shores. If they wish to continue this idiotic move, then they will face the consequences. Minnysota has been a peaceful nation and has been, in a sense, the 'good guy' of Gholgoth for over a century; however, we will not sit back and be bullied by these foreign aggressors. I am not afraid to get my hands dirty, and I will authorize full military action if the blockade attempts to stop any Minnysotan-flagged ship or any ship destined for Minnysota." Jackson also confirmed the mobilization of the 2nd Army, the 1st Fleet, and the 7th, 8th, 11th, and 14th Tactical Missile Divisions. These TMDs, according to Jackson, have been mobilized from the north to reinforce the numerous missile batteries already stationed in the area. In the aftershock of conflict, Jackson said, it appears more conflict has decided to show its face.
Last edited by Minnysota on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

Oseato
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oseato » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:58 pm

FM OFFICE OF THE MORIVAINE DELEGATION TO THE COMMONWEALTH
TO OPEN
CC MdAe, ITL DESK
SUB INTENTIONS

To those that wish to harm the Republic of Akimonad,

The Morivaine Republic, through the Commonwealth of Free and Democratic States, makes it known to the world here and now that an attack on Akimonad and Akimonadi assets, citizens, or otherwise affiliated groups is to be considered to be an attack upon the Republic itself. The wanton and needless violation of Akimonadi sovereignty is a baseless act of aggression that shocks and disgusts the Republic to the utmost degree. According, the Republic now considers itself to be in a state of war with New Beauvais. Should any other forces attempt to engage, detain, or otherwise hinder Morivaine military assets in their attempt to correct this horrific wrong, they shall find themselves to be considered a hostile enemy combatant and dealt with appropriately.

The Armed Forces of the Republic, including the full weight of the Republican Army and Navy, have been mobilized and has already begun its preparations for forward deployment overseas in support of operations with our close allies. Any and all ships, aircraft, and personnel identified as belonging to New Beauvais will be treated as hostile enemies combatants starting immediately. They have twenty-four hours to withdraw from any and all Akimonadi territory and open negotiations for a ceasefire and eventual surrender.

SIGNED
Thierry Anjot
Morivaine Delegate to the Commonwealth of Free and Democratic States

-----

Marine Republicane Base Sétif
Sétif, Sétif Département, Morieux
25 Août 2012
2246 Hours

The unce unce unce of the sound system seemed to bathe Pierre in a steady flow of bass and electronic beats. Lights strobed and lasers danced across the room just like the countless number of young men and women did, their bodies moving with the beats played by the DJ on stage. Pierrec quickly downed his glass of congac before placing it back on the bar and gazing out across the busy room. He caught sight of a nice looking blonde across the room standing with her friends. Damn, he thought, the things I would do t-.

Suddenly the music was interrupted by incessant ringing, drowning out everything else. Pierre sat right up as he came awake and scrambled to pick up the ringing telephone beside his bed, checking his clock and muttering a few choice words before doing so. "Allô? Comment?"

"Lieutenant Mauriceau? Your squadron has been activated for wartime deployment, you are to report to the flight line within the hour." spoke the duty officer on the phone. He waited just long enough for Pierre to reply before he broke the connection to contact numerous other personnel who were also being activated. Pierre simply closed his eyes before he stood up and walked across the moonlight apartment to his bathroom for a quick shower before grabbing the bag of clothing and other objects he kept for just this type of occasion.

The spring evening was rather crisp, the air nearly silent but for the chirping of some insects, as Pierre made his way to his three door Leier L1 that was parked outside the on-base apartment complex he lived in. The drive to the flight line was relatively short, though the naval base itself was rather large, driving the whole way in silence in order to focus upon the thoughts that cluttered his mind. Eventually he parked outside the set of hangers that were home to the aircraft of Mauriceau's squadron, spying the bustling activity of the ground crews to prep the aircraft and the pilots heading toward the briefing room. Pierre picked up his bag and quickly headed off to catch the briefing, stopping along the way to check his bag with the ground crew to load into his plane. Finally he did make it into the briefing room ready to find out the reason why he was being deployed.

"Ah, Monsieur Mauriceau, nice of you to join us, please take a seat," spoke the squadron commander before he continued his briefing, "As I was saying, the Premier and the High Command have ordered the Marine republicaine to sea in order to repel the assault by New Beauvais on Akimonadi. We don't have specifics yet but several carrier groups, including the one to which we are attached, are now mobilizing and taking up patrols around the region in conjunction with our CFDS allies to interdict all New Beauvais aligned shipping. Now, we'll get more in depth and mission specific information as we take up patrol, but right now we're to be airborne within the next two hours and rendezvous with our assigned carrier. Any questions? Good, dismissed." As the commander finished, countless other squadrons across Morieux readied themselves in much the same way, sailors and pilots all were reporting for duty, ships were leaving port, and within the hour Mauriceau's Rafale-M and numerous others were in the air and headed out to sea.
Last edited by Oseato on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
République morivaine
La Resistance

"If world opinion is too feeble or egoistical to do justice to a martyred people, and if our voices also are too weak, I hope that Hungary’s resistance will endure until the counter-revolutionary State collapses everywhere in the East under the weight of its lies and contradictions."

Albert Camus, The Blood of The Hungarians, 1957

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Hope you all don't mind me more or less just popping into this thread, just wanted to give my nations response to the upcoming 'Global Recession'!

World Frozen as Global Recession Nears
With many, if not most Gholgothic businesses shutting down, markets world-wide brace for impact.

Anemos Rei, Anemos Major -
With the recent blockade of Gholgoth by the United States of Aerosalia, the world superpower region of Gholgoth has gone into what many perceive to be as lockdown. Gholgoth, in their nature, took this threat seriously and - following VMK AG's action - has closed most, if not all, major exports from the region. The most recent closure of business is from the Anemonian State Armaments Export Authority, one of the most renowned arms exporters in the world. This closure of business has markets scrambling, and leaving many investors in fear for a total global economic collapse.

The largest stock market in the world, the Yohanneseich Bundesbank, closed yesterday - leaving not only the Yohannesian Commonwealth, but that of markets around the world, scrambling to withdraw funds before the inevitable market collapse occurs. Already other national news reports are surfacing which indicate many citizens are withdrawing their funds rapidly, which might further the economic catastrophe that many fear is about to strike.

Fuhrer Samuel Riech, however, has assured the Aquitaynian people that "we are in no danger whatsoever. The Reichstag has, for this very purpose, not invested in capital in the Yohannesische Bundesbank or the Yohannesische Börse AG. Aquitayne's funds are secure, and we are in no danger for an economic collapse - I've already received reports from ANX stating that plunge protection teams have been working since news broke to keep ANX's index as it was before the collapse. While this is a daunting task given the circumstances, and the large amount of stock being sold, I can safely assure the Aquitaynian people that the value of the Tithe will not plummet, and we are secure."

When asked about the VMK AG factories located within Aquitayne, the Fuhrer stated that "those factories are temporarily closed, no workers have been laid off." It is still too soon to say how this global crisis will effect Aquitayne directly or indirectly, but we must ask one question. How will Gholgoth respond to the crippling of multiple international economies?

Many politicians are in uproar at the lack of international procedures for companies such as VMK AG, Yohannesische Bundesbank, Anemonian State Armaments Export Authority, and Yohannesische Börse AG which are considered 'too big to fail'. Reichstagsman Bill Freaman said that "It's companies like these that grow and grow without restraint that become the larger problems in our world. With a market almost predominantly controlled not just by the Empire of Yohhanes, but by Gholgoth as a whole, they cannot simply be reckless and irresponsible like they have been during this course of events."

Indeed, large debate over further regulating large corporations within Aquitayne has reached its way into the Reichstag, but it is yet to be seen what will come of it. As Aquitayne waits to see what will become of the world market and nations worldwide, many people are asking themselves the same question; what happens next?

William Starnada, AP
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Akimonad
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Akimonad » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Code: Select all
*****ENCRYPTED TRAFFIC*****
TO: MINNYSOTA

GREETINGS.

THERE IS CURRENTLY A ROGUE AKIMONADI VESSEL OPERATING NEAR YOUR TERRITORY. THIS VESSEL IS ARMED AND POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS. IT IS OUT OF CONTACT WITH COMMAND AND IN VIOLATION OF DIRECT ORDERS.

WE HUMBLY REQUEST ASSISTANCE TO TAKE THIS VESSEL AND ITS CREW INTO CUSTODY FORTHWITH. THE POTENTIAL FOR CONFLICT IS SIMPLY TOO GREAT.

YOURS, ETC.,
FADM STEPHEN A. LUTVIK,
CHAIRMAN, JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF
The Republic and Commonwealth of Akimonad
Located in Maredoratica · Demonym: Akimonadi

Embassies

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:08 pm

GLOBAL CRISIS LOOMING

With the Gholgoth blockade, the Mercantile Federal Republic of the Aurora Confederacy is gearing up for a potentially stormy financial sea. as many companies loose finance, this makes the position of the confederacy unstable, however due to our self sufficiency caused by our geographic location, it is believed by many that the confederacy is in a position to weather the storm that is about to decend.

With many companies loosing supplies because of the blockade this could put the confederacy in a possible position to take up the shortfall.

This is Anne West for Aurora confederacy news
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

New Beauvais
Attaché

Founded: Jul 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Beauvais » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:09 pm

A Statement from HH Prince Noel I
Une déclaration de SA le Prince Noel I

To say that we are concerned is at this point an understatement. Where at first me did not recognise the threat posed by the embargo, it's consequences have proved hideously clear to us. Riots have broken out across our fair realm and it is only now, too late, that we recognise the apocalyptic consequences. We hope the United States are happy with their democratic righteousness for, with it, they have destroyed us all.

We unconditionally condemn the embargo and those who wish to continue it as evil, and a blight upon the fair face of our world, and at the same time beg for it to end. It is in the strongest possible terms that we urge those involved in the blockade to cease their selfish horrors and come to peace.

Also, we declare our unconditional support for the decision to liberate Sodor. We commend the brave forces involved in this action and state that we will refuse to back down before the threats and warmongering of other nations. The isle of Sodor is now Beauvaiseur territory, and it will be defended as such. However we welcome representatives of Akimonad and others to Amiens, in order to bring about peace.

Signed,
Noel I
Prince of the Principality of New Beauvais
Prince de la Principauté de New Beauvais

Au nom de la Principauté, avec tous les pouvoirs contraignants implicites.
Roleplaying since 2006
Pour Couronne et du pays

The Archregimancy wrote:Depressingly, the calibre of discussion shown by the majority of Christians on NSG could likely 'convert' Benedict XVI to atheism.

Akimonad
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Akimonad » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:13 pm

"No negotiations, no peace, no surrender, no mercy." -- Director for External Affairs Frederick Bremer in response to the New Beauvaise statement offering peace.
The Republic and Commonwealth of Akimonad
Located in Maredoratica · Demonym: Akimonadi

Embassies

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Global Market Collapse Rocks The United World Order!

In receant events occuring with the embargo of Gholgoth by the United States of Aerosalia. Yohannes, Anemos and Milogradian companies have been systamaticly shutting down due to the blockade as the world begins to feel the effect of the comming Economic reccsion that has ever happened in centuries. The stock market in The United World Order has also taken a blow by the reccisson occuring currently as the leadership begins to take precautionary measures to keep the stock market a float. Here is a statement from one of the economists in the Sipretower.

"Currently decisons have been made that, all arms trade agreements with the nation of Yohannes have been cancelled, also I have been notified that oil agreements with Milograd are to be cancelled which will surely effect the gas prices within The United World Order. Conservatism will be our only option of survival at this point"

Already protests are being found nationwide in cities and smaller inhabitants all throughout the United World Order. The riots taking place in Arabia are now intensifying with the Global reccession as more supporters are joining the fray. The UWO Police Force have been fully mobilized along with the entirety of the Ordernite Urban Guard which are now moving towards all cities across UWO. Martial law is being put into effect as we speak as dark days are surely comming ahead.

Protest in Mularia

Looting and Arsonism spreading in Arabia

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:15 pm

about 4 days away, the ACNS Tiger, a 45,000tonne 3 turreted battleship, each turret having 4 18.2" cannons, each capable of hurling a half tonne projectile 30kms has started to steam to the edge of the EEZ, its speed: 30knots.

ACNS tiger was launched Feb 11 1937, its armour belt is 24 inches thick and she is double skinned

helicoper capability: two lynx and two Merlin AWS helicopters

Tiger will take 4 days to get to the EEZ, its job to provide escort for humanitarian ships that will be heading to the area. Captain Louise Walsh, a 45 year old skipper is at the helm
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Aerosalia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aerosalia » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:21 pm

ooc: followed from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=196773&p=10703650&hilit=United+States+of+Aerosalia#p10703650 and viewtopic.php?f=5&t=196773&p=10703928&hilit=United+States+of+Aerosalia#p10703928

Minnysota wrote:
BREAKING NEWS!
Minnysota Confronts the Blockade

MINNEAPOLIS, MINNYSOTA - Just moments ago, the head of the Lyran Arms branch in Minnysota, Edward Nuller, released a statement saying that three ships have been dispatched. These ships are carrying Lyran tanks, artillery sets, and weapons to customers of Lyran Arms, he said. When asked about the blockade, he merely challenged, "I dare them to stop the shipment." Brookhaven Port Authority has confirmed the reports, saying that three medium-sized cargo ships destined for Paldariia left this morning at roughly 0500 hours. There has been no response yet from the aggressive nations enacting the blockade, but public opinion of the move is very high.

President Anthony Jackson expressed his support and declared that if the ships are stopped by the blockade, military action will be taken. "These hostile fleets have taken it upon themselves to violate our economic freedom, and have amassed no more than two hundred miles from our shores. If they wish to continue this idiotic move, then they will face the consequences. Minnysota has been a peaceful nation and has been, in a sense, the 'good guy' of Gholgoth for over a century; however, we will not sit back and be bullied by these foreign aggressors. I am not afraid to get my hands dirty, and I will authorize full military action if the blockade attempts to stop any Minnysotan-flagged ship or any ship destined for Minnysota." Jackson also confirmed the mobilization of the 2nd Army, the 1st Fleet, and the 7th, 8th, 11th, and 14th Tactical Missile Divisions. These TMDs, according to Jackson, have been mobilized from the north to reinforce the numerous missile batteries already stationed in the area. In the aftershock of conflict, Jackson said, it appears more conflict has decided to show its face.

Immediate outer waters of Minnysota

The AWAC formations have identified quite a sizeable number of vulnerable, lightly escorted shipments coming from inside the region of Gholgoth. It was without a doubt that the time was now. Without further ado, six FA-18F Super Hornet RCN Aerosalia's launched naval strike carriers were flown to engage these fleets of lucrative goods.

The time is of the essence... and now. It was an unbelievable, perfect timing and opportunity. What a ludicrous situation; a shipment of materials and countless number of unprotected vessels coming head on into the blockading forces' reach.

The six Hornet reached the sky as quick as one could even think of, and released all thie rJDAM Precision-guided munitions into the countless number of Minnysota ships. Meanwhile, four F-35s were launched from the nearby carrier, strafing all that they could find, as soon as they can, into the unprotected Minnysotan ships below.

Such a high casualties. The turn surely have turned around now eh? thought the commander of the leading Aerosalian carrier.
The United States of Aerosalia: Land of Justice and Freedom in NationStates

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aerosalia

RandomGuyNation
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby RandomGuyNation » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Federal Republic of RandomGuyNation
Ministry of Foreign Affairs

To: James Kennedy, President, United States of Aerosalia
From: Clifton Rutledge II, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Federal Republic of RandomGuyNation
Subject: Concerning the Ensuing Global Economic Crisis Directly Resulting from the Aerosalian Embargo of Gholgoth
Encryption: Moderate

To President James Kennedy,

It is the opinion of the Federal Republic that your attempts at enforcing an embargo over the region of Gholgoth have had effects extending far beyond the nations currently involved with this incident. As a direct result of your actions, many Gothic-based financial and industrial enterprises - many of them the leaders of their fields, and a few ranking among the largest businesses in the world - have taken it upon themselves to halt all foreign exports and financial trading. As one may imagine, the repercussions of such actions are truly world-shaking, as markets around the world close and collapse, causing an unprecedented global economic recession.

The Federal Republic of RandomGuyNation is just one of the many, many nations whose economy is adversely affected by your actions. As a result of that, I have been ordered by the President of the Federal Republic, Jake Featherston, to demand an immediate withdrawal of Aerosalian maritime forces from at least 100 nautical miles of the Exclusive Economic Zones of Gothic nations and a formal revoking of the embargo imposed upon the region. Failure to comply within 48 hours will result in military action being taken against the government of Aerosalia to salvage world economic stability and prevent financial disaster.

It is the sincere hope of the Federal Republic that such actions will not be necessary, and that the impending crisis may be warded off while still possible. I hope, President Kennedy, that you may see reason and rescind your foolish moves against the largest military and economic powers of the world, lest all suffer as a result of your infringement on Gothic economic rights. Freedom and Justice around the world cannot survive without monetary stability. The embargo your country has imposed threatens to destroy just that.

Clifton Rutledge II
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Federal Republic of RandomGuyNation
Embassy Programme
Epic Song (Snowflake)
Strength, Peace, and Opportunity
MARSTAT 1-Threat Confronted. War is imminent.
MARSTAT 2-All regular military units are mobilized for conflict. Reserve units may also have been mobilized. Nuclear weapons arsenal is prepared for deployment if directed to do so by the President.
MARSTAT 3-All soldiers on leave are recalled to their bases. Regular military units begin mobilization. Reserve units also begin mobilization if directed to do so by the President.
MARSTAT 4-Threat Comprehended. All leaves canceled.
MARSTAT 5-Threat Identified. Increased intelligence watch.
MARSTAT 6-Peace.

Abruzi
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:34 pm

OOC: Very meh post.

Mildly radioactive winds blew across the Siloviki Memorial Airstrip Number 345. A number of ancient An-124 transport planes. Long faded paint hardly covered their gunmetal gray frames though the symbols of the ancient Novaya Bolshevist Union were still visible. Unlike the modern Novaya Bolshevist State, the Union had been burned away by atomic fire and left only two tangible relics; the Gas Mask and Kalash tribes and ancient military equipment. These planes and the airstrip they sat upon was one of dozens lost amidst the broken mountains of Turgov and occupied by Gas Mask and Kalash Fighters.

Utopia itself directed the Gas Mask and Kalash “Anarchists” even as the Revolutionary Army tried to destroy them. When news of the blockade reached the capital of the Novaya Bolshevist State, one directive had been issued,

“Kill.”

Eager to appease the authorities the Gas Mask and Kalash Tribes had mustered several flights of Anatovs which would carry their chosen few to the allied state of the United Raptard Provinces. There the Novaya Bolshevist State would demonstrate it's unique military doctrine that had been the product of near six centuries of total war.
02:01 RomanEmpire Because I dont know about you
02:01 RomanEmpire But I want to monger some fucking fish

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO's map of Abruzi: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ope9i.png
SSO For Mod

Katganistan wrote:Sanctuary space
Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Aerosalia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aerosalia » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Aerosalia wrote:
Immediate outer waters of Minnysota

The AWAC formations have identified quite a sizeable number of vulnerable, lightly escorted shipments coming from inside the region of Gholgoth. It was without a doubt that the time was now. Without further ado, six FA-18F Super Hornet RCN Aerosalia's launched naval strike carriers were flown to engage these fleets of lucrative goods.

The time is of the essence... and now. It was an unbelievable, perfect timing and opportunity. What a ludicrous situation; a shipment of materials and countless number of unprotected vessels coming head on into the blockading forces' reach.

The six Hornet reached the sky as quick as one could even think of, and released all thie rJDAM Precision-guided munitions into the countless number of Minnysota ships. Meanwhile, four F-35s were launched from the nearby carrier, strafing all that they could find, as soon as they can, into the unprotected Minnysotan ships below.

Such a high casualties. The turn surely have turned around now eh? thought the commander of the leading Aerosalian carrier.

Further low-orbit satellite update detected that the ships were transporting arms shipments of a company called Lyran Arms; the messenger of the RCN Aerosalia announced to the captain of the Ford class carrier.

It was without a doubt one of the most successful casualties inflicted upon the Gholgoth nation of Minnysota during this stage of the blockade. Such a loss of materials surely must have hurt Minnysota badly. Hundreds of ships were strafed, gunned down and aimed by precision guided missiles of the flown Hornets, which should soon come back and landed safely in the carrier.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Ministry of War - Arkantyr Palace - Citadel Circle, Anemos Rei
26/08 (Sunday)

Roars were going up from the assembled crowd outside as the cortège of government vehicles pulled up in front of the Ministry's front doors, lined with fully armed and equipped troops called up from their holding positions in the suburbs to solidify the protection around the government quarter. Amidst a wave of tension and excitement washing across the nation the Cabinet had decided earlier that morning to convene in force to discuss the Anemonian response to the attempted embargo quickly wreaking havoc across the planet and despite desperate attempts to retain secrecy the information had quickly leaked to the public. As the nationalists took to the streets in organised marches to demand immediate action from the government the Ministry of Internal Affairs had taken the decision to deploy the Internal Army in force, and the Army itself had followed as some of the marches became riots in the face of mounting tension over government indecision. Rarely did the streets of Anemos Rei see the tracks of main battle tanks rolling over them, but this was quickly proving to be anything but an ordinary day.

In fact, the cabinet meeting had been a relatively unsophisticated ruse engineered at the request of the Ministry of War, leaked to the press by the Directorate of Communications Intelligence through backdoor channels. Going to war in a de facto democratic nation was always a difficult proposition, even in a nation as militarised as the Second Empire, and the reality was that the Ministry had completed deployment preparations and planning procedures long before the authorisation came down from the Crown to prepare for war. The prospect of facing a media questioning the ever increasing influence of the Ministry was a particularly unwelcome one and the Cabinet had agreed that an inconvenience of that kind needed at the very least to be delayed until after military action had been completed. Bringing the nationalists onto the streets was quite a simple task; by deploying the Internal Army in force around the heart of the capital the suburbs where such groups assembled were left mostly unpoliced, and they quickly responded to the clear provocation of government deliberation and the prospect of an embarrassing climb-down by the government with action. Watching desperate Anemonian citizens taking to the streets of the capital, though the reality of the situation was somewhat different, would create a cascade of foreign support for the Anemonian state as it began its formal response to the threat posed to the Second Empire by the blockade fleets setting course for the waters of Gholgoth.

That support would be necessary; simply defeating the enemy in home waters would not be enough. There needed to be repercussions; repayment for the inconveniences caused by these world policemen and a reminder to any would-be imitators than actions on the international stage have consequences - the coming days would not be pleasant for the enemies of the State.

Armed troops fanned out around the group of vehicles as they came to a slow stop; loath to waste time the First Marshal pushed open his door before his adjutant could do it for him and emerged into the summer sunlight in full dress uniform in the company of the General Staff of the Crown Army. A Major met him with a clean salute halfway down the staircase leading up into the Arkantyr Palace before taking to his side as he pulled a sheaf of documents out of a folder tucked under his left arm, most of which bore the official seals of the Ministry and the crest of the Anemonian state. "First Marshal, the proposed war plans have been approved without alteration by the Cabinet and Crown. We're currently in the process of notifying the relevant formations with an eye to completing initial operational manoeuvres by the end of today." The First Marshal merely nodded. Of course the plans had been accepted; the best part of the past two days had been spent negotiating in almost stereotypically smoky back rooms towards that aim. With what effectively constituted a blank check in hand with the Crown's seal upon it, he had been given almost absolute authority over the Anemonian response to one of the more significant developments of recent times in the nation's foreign affairs - it was an opportunity he didn't intend to waste.

"I believe I handed down orders to the Directorate of Regulation to cease arms exports to nations outside the Gothic regions?" The Major nodded and reached for another document inside his folder, handing it over to the First Marshal. 'Anemos Major Shuts Down Arms Sales; Markets Doomed'. A slight smile flickered across his face; this was better than expected. When the Ministry of Foreign Affairs realised the degree to which the military could exert influence over the nation's foreign policy, they would go pale. It would be amusing to see how they responded to the clear challenge to their authority.

Emerging into the broad entrance hall of the Arkantyr Palace, the First Marshal passed his eyes over the lines of troops bustling around and felt the low hum of activity under his boots. "Connect me to the Combined Staff over at Kar-Fyrkondierikan. Inform them that the plans have been accepted in their entirety and that I expect participating elements to be mobile within three hours." They had been waiting, all of them, for this very moment for far too long. Words would be set down in favour of cold steel; it was time to act.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:46 pm

To the president of Aerosalia..

Your actions have had grave concequencies for world peace and global security, with much of the worlds produce coming out of the Gholgoth region, and much of the worlds finances stored therein. This blockade action, brought about because of a seeming political vendetta over one or two nations within a region has meant that you are responsible for the worlds economy going into a tailslide, and as such The Mercantile Federal Republic of the Aurora Confederacy urges you to rethink your position and actions, or face the reality of many nations turning against your nation.

Should this happen, your cities, and civilian population will be worst affected as a humanitarian crisis will quickly unfold within your borders, as many nations will want to seek revenge, and sadly I fear that your nation will not be able to prevent your anhialation from these forces, therefore I urge you to lift this idiotic blockade before irrpairable damage is done to the global economy.

Yours,

Her Excellency,
Zafferana Promura,
President
Mercantile Federal Republic of the Aurora Confederacy
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:54 pm

20 days sailing away...
ACNS Marlin and her battlegroup is preparing to sail to the Gholgoth region, this is 1/5th of the naval forces of the Aurora Confederacy. their mission is to assist with the securing of Gholgoth if called upon to do so as up to now, only Humanitaian vessels are within 4 days sailing of the region
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trivval
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Trivval » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Short Shitty post, I’ve got a migraine but I want to get this onto paper before I forget

VMK AG Shipment
International Waters
UQE 447

0230 Local

The dark waves lapped against the sides of the UQE 447 as she streaked through the ocean, heading towards Southern Patriots. Markus Ldau looked out at the lights in the distance, knowing all to well what they represented. The Gothic Blockade was a severe hamper to the international economy, and he had almost lost his job when Yohannes announced the closure of VMK AG, before the Union nationalised all industry in an effort to prevent the decline of the Trivvalian economy. In the distance all Ldau could see were the lights of an armada of warships.

He turned the helmsman, “Maintain course. Stay on the international shipping lanes.”

Often enough international shipping would travel in convoys. Pirates or hostile nations were less likely to attack a blob of ships originating from a dozen or more nations. However the UQE 447 had no such luck tonight, with the closure of international business as a whole many had returned to port, or to the nearest to flog off whatever they carried. A few miles back there was a bulk carrier, and a few container ships, however for the time being the UQE 447 was alone.

Scratching his head and yawning he turned away from the windows. “Better broadcast our intentions to whoe—“

The ship was engulfed in a fireball, a missile tearing it apart from the center. Ldau was thrown off his feet, glass splinters flying everywhere. The helmsman was not as lucky, half his head sawn off by bits of containers.

387 Shipment
International Waters
SS4 2K7

0235 Local

“Back the fuck up!”
Across the ship, crew members were woken by an early sunrise, as the UQE 447 was sunk. A few cowered in fear, unable to move, others ran about trying to arm themselves in whatever futile manner possible… many just stood still and stared in disbelief.

The Executive Officer threw the Helmsman out of his seat and slammed the ship into full reverse, swinging the wheel away from the burning wreckage. It would take time to stop the two-hundred thousand tonne ship, and whilst still attempting to get away from the unknown armada before them, the XO was more worried about crashing into the wreckage and sinking the SS4 2K7, or even just crushing hundreds of sailors floundering in the ocean.

Punching the computer into life, he pushed the Tosvanne Girls magazine out the way and checked the identification of the armada before passing it on to the nearest satellite to head back to Trivval. Kicking the helmsman awake he grabbed the man by the scruff of his shirt, “What the fuck are you doing you dopey eyed fuck!” Slamming the man’s head into the computer bank he yelled in the helmsman’s ear, “There are sailors drowning. Get the fuck down there you idiot. Get the fucking boats out.”

Aerosalia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aerosalia » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:55 pm

Aurora Confederacy wrote:

Your actions have had grave concequencies for world peace and global security, with much of the worlds produce coming out of the Gholgoth region, and much of the worlds finances stored therein. This blockade action, brought about because of a seeming political vendetta over one or two nations within a region has meant that you are responsible for the worlds economy going into a tailslide, and as such The Mercantile Federal Republic of the Aurora Confederacy urges you to rethink your position and actions, or face the reality of many nations turning against your nation.

Should this happen, your cities, and civilian population will be worst affected as a humanitarian crisis will quickly unfold within your borders, as many nations will want to seek revenge, and sadly I fear that your nation will not be able to prevent your anhialation from these forces, therefore I urge you to lift this idiotic blockade before irrpairable damage is done to the global economy.

Yours,

Her Excellency,
Zafferana Promura,
President

From the: Leadership and the government of the United States of Aerosalia.
To: Leadership and the government of the Mercantile Federal Republic of the Aurora Confederacy.
Subject: Your stance.

Good day to you,

I am the President of the United States of Aerosalia. I am writing this on behalf of the United States government to your government. I want to note the fact that although we try to alter the course of this crisis, it is too late now.

Note that I have informed the commander of the Aerosalian fleet to turn back. It is, however and as I've said, is too late. By the time that my order will reach his naval team, missiles and sorties would have been flown already to the opposing side which defy my government and my international supporters' blockade.

And with that, I am sorry to inform you that it is too late to turn back now.

-Signed-
President James Kennedy
United States of Aerosalia

Machina Haruspex
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Machina Haruspex » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:55 pm

The League of Imperial Nations
Peace through Imperial Firepower

To: The Embargoing Forces
Re: Illegal Stoppage and Detainment of Vessels Hailing From Gholgoth

It’s no secret that many of government’s involved in the use of this regional embargo operate under the guise of effecting change in many of the nations that reside there. The embargo has been in place for less then a day and already it's policy of which it was created will do nothing more then bring hardship to billions of citizenry across the world at large through acute financial meltdown, of which will lead to a systemic economical crash that will be felt across the international market for years to come from this action. By imposing this embargo, the nations arrayed against the Gholgoth region are advocating action that will lead to merchants, artisans, and farmers alike, to suffer because of trade isolation. This action while not felt at first by the nations within the region, will come in time.

We consider a neutral flag, on the high seas, as a safeguard to those sailing under it. The arrayed nations, on the contrary, asserts a right to search for, and seize; and under that cover, as cannot happen, are often seized and taken off, citizens of the international community, navigating the high seas, under the protection of common decency.

The communications now made, showing the great and increasing dangers with which our vessels, our seamen, and merchandise are threatened on the high seas and elsewhere, from the belligerent powers of those who compose this blockade, and it being of great importance to keep in safety these essential resources, I deem it my duty to recommend the subject to the consideration of the Council, who will doubtless perceive all the advantages which may be expected from an inhibition of the departure of our vessels from the ports of Gholgoth. Their wisdom will also see the necessity of making every preparation for whatever events may grow out of the present crisis.

As it stands now, The League of Imperial Nations stands against this embargo. We see it as an illegal act and will act accordingly as such.

Vice-Lord Katsuya Valk Zun
Haruspex Ambassador to the League
Ranked 100th in the world for Economic Output
Ranked 115th in the world for Safety
Marshite Military Assessment: VI

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:59 pm

UWONS Retribution , Gholgoth Waters Near The Aerosalia Fleet

The United World Order Armada after six days of sailing and turning back various shipping vessels had reached Gholgoth waters and were near the embattled Aerosalia fleet as the Armada formed into a more Blockade like Formation. The Retribution was now being safe guarded by several missile guided destroyers and a detachment of submarines as were other Aircraft carriers within the Armada. CAP Sqaudrons were now flying more frequently as they were during the sail over to Gholgoth. Weapon systems and defensive systems aboard most of the vessels that had combat roles were now being activated and prepared for use as certainly they would be fired on.

Aboard the deck of the Retribution, a AWAC rocketed off the deck as it flew into the air after the Armada's arrival in Gholgoth. A second AWAC was launched from the Valor incase one of them went down there would be another to take the fallen's one place. Along the way they had targeted and successfully destroyed a unknown Lyran arms shipment and had left it in ruins as it was ordered to be fired upon immediately which was ordered on behalf of Admiral Desmond Striker.

Meanwhile the Vengence Missle Guided Destroyer had targeted a container ship apart of the arms shipment convoy. From the Harpoon missile launchers aboard the Vengence, two Harpoon Missiles were fired directly at the container ship. The Vengence would keep tabs on the container ship untill it was destroyed.
Last edited by United World Order on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:04 pm

=Lone Alliance News=

"The Shackled Obelisk?"
World panic in wake of Gholgoth Blockade.

The Lone Alliance Declares Neutrality, will take measures for international Aid for the Blockades duration.

In the wake of the incoming wave of economic chaos following the Gholgoth Blockade the Lone Alliance announces neutrality, the Council reaching a 15 to 3 vote against intervention on either side. To prevent further economic damages The Lone Alliance is prepared to offer a large Aid package to any non-Ghologthian nation that has been negatively impacted by this disaster.

In related news minor protests have broken out in the capital between as anti-Gholgothian protesters clash with Pro-isolationists who are protesting any government involvement in the situation.

Recent polling shows a 30% supports The Lone Alliance's military intervention on the side of the blockaders, while a 5% declares military intervention against the Blockade, a further 65% remain undecided or favors the current policy.

When questioned by reporters the Prime Minster gave a prompt summary of the Council's decision, ""While this event is very tragic," he said carefully, "Some on the council feel that this is merely the inevitable backlash against the past actions of the Gholgoth region, however we see no reason to choose a side at this moment, we open our arms to any who are troubled by this and are willing to provide whatever materials a nation would need to get through this."

[i]In other news local stocks rose as several domestic industries announced plans to entire the international market in the wake up the disaster.
Last edited by The Lone Alliance on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Aerosalia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aerosalia » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:07 pm

Machina Haruspex wrote:
(Image)
The League of Imperial Nations
Peace through Imperial Firepower

To: The Embargoing Forces
Re: Illegal Stoppage and Detainment of Vessels Hailing From Gholgoth

It’s no secret that many of government’s involved in the use of this regional embargo operate under the guise of effecting change in many of the nations that reside there. The embargo has been in place for less then a day and already it's policy of which it was created will do nothing more then bring hardship to billions of citizenry across the world at large through acute financial meltdown, of which will lead to a systemic economical crash that will be felt across the international market for years to come from this action. By imposing this embargo, the nations arrayed against the Gholgoth region are advocating action that will lead to merchants, artisans, and farmers alike, to suffer because of trade isolation. This action while not felt at first by the nations within the region, will come in time.

We consider a neutral flag, on the high seas, as a safeguard to those sailing under it. The arrayed nations, on the contrary, asserts a right to search for, and seize; and under that cover, as cannot happen, are often seized and taken off, citizens of the international community, navigating the high seas, under the protection of common decency.

The communications now made, showing the great and increasing dangers with which our vessels, our seamen, and merchandise are threatened on the high seas and elsewhere, from the belligerent powers of those who compose this blockade, and it being of great importance to keep in safety these essential resources, I deem it my duty to recommend the subject to the consideration of the Council, who will doubtless perceive all the advantages which may be expected from an inhibition of the departure of our vessels from the ports of Gholgoth. Their wisdom will also see the necessity of making every preparation for whatever events may grow out of the present crisis.

As it stands now, The League of Imperial Nations stands against this embargo. We see it as an illegal act and will act accordingly as such.

Vice-Lord Katsuya Valk Zun
Haruspex Ambassador to the League

To: Leadership of The League of Imperial Nations.

Good day to you,

I am the President of the United States of Aerosalia. I am writing this on behalf of the United States government to your government. I want to note the fact that although we try to alter the course of this crisis, it is too late now.

How can you turn yourself from the cause of good and support the hideous cause of the evils, may I ask? I have told the likes of you - neutral members of the international community - that less the beast known as the region of Gholgoth and its 49 nations are not slain today, they will one day target you, and your allies.

And destroy everything which you stand for, pillage your cities and burn the many farms of your nations.

The only time to act is now, join us and support the cause of the embargo force. The World Assembly is powerless against the Gholgoth menace, but it is huge alliance such as yours which may stand effectively to turn the tide of freedom in its direst need.

-Signed-
President James Kennedy

Belkaland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Belkaland » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Belkan Broadcasting Network

Global Economic Meltdown underway!
Massive rush of Gold Withdrawals undermined stabilization attempts

Imperial Bank of Dinsmark Vault empty
after rush of Gold Withdrawals
(Dinsmark, Belkaland) Within hours of the announcements of the shutdown of several Major Corporations & Business Fronts, including the Anemonian Imperial State Armaments Export Authority with whom the Belkan Government recently awarded the single largest contract in Belkan History to act as Front for Belkan Military Exports, citizens all across Belkaland rushed to their
local banks to withdraw a majority of their money, including all that stored in the Belkan Gold Reserve system.

"When I heard that the World Economy was about to collapse on my MyFace page, I headed straight down to my Imperial Bank and traded in all my money for Gold! The paper they have us use is about to become worthless, I wanted Gold! And by the Goddess, I got it before the rest of these people had the same idea!" reported one woman, pointing to the massive line of people as she walked out of the Bank with a medium sized box in her hands. As well-known in Belkaland the Gold Trade System is, it is a system that is usually of little note to foreign nations. Under Imperial Law, a Licensed Imperial Citizen can, at will, trade all money in their accounts straight to gold in Imperial Banks and withdraw it in the same move. While there are other laws that would normally prevent a mass rush at Gold Withdrawal, those laws mandates a full Imperial Senate Vote or an Imperial Decree from the Großekaiserin. Unfortunately, several member of the Senate were out on the streets themselves withdrawing Gold of their Imperial Bank, and Großekaiserin Katharina was on a hunting trip deep in the Royal Forest surrounding Stier Castle. By the time word reached the Großekaiserin and the Decree to freeze the banks and halt the mass withdrawals ordered, over 65% of the Belkan Gold Reserves had been withdrawn.

With over half the Belkan Gold Reserves now in private hands and Stock Markets across the world reeling from the economic impact of the blockade started by the United States of Aerosalia, the Belkan Government & Public Trading Offices has little room to maneuver, and with the Kaiserliche Marine(Imperial Navy) having no known assets in Southeastern Gholgoth to help other Gothic Nations break the blockade, a choice must be made. Quickly too, or Belkaland could fall into a truly dark time.
Last edited by Belkaland on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Grand Empire of Belkaland
Ruler: Großkaiserin Katharina von Bora

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:09 pm

Aerosalia wrote:
Aurora Confederacy wrote:

Yours,

Her Excellency,
Zafferana Promura,
President

To: Leadership and the government of the Mercantile Federal Republic of the Aurora Confederacy.

Good day to you,

Note that I have informed the commander of the Aerosalian fleet to turn back. It is, however and as I've said, is too late. By the time that my order will reach his naval team, missiles and sorties would have been flown already to the opposing side which defy my government and my international supporters' blockade.

And with that, I am sorry to inform you that it is too late to turn back now.

-Signed-
President James Kennedy

TO: President J. Kennedy
President of the US of Aerosalia

It is not too late, only 24 hours have passed since the blockade started to take effect, There is time to lift the blockade and go to the negotiating table, to prevent this stupidity before the world goes into terminal tailslide.

Various nations are looking at a status of hostility between them and you, so please get your carriers pulled back and go to the negotiating table, it is not just for your sake, but for the sake of the rest of the worlds economy.

Yours,
Zafferana Promura
President

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents