NATION

PASSWORD

Alone in the Darkness (MWRP/IC) Closed

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Liikana shrugged and looked back at Tecaros. She suddenly remembered a game.
"Tecarios, what floor are we on?"

Biop

"Quantom particles are easy. They are dimentionally shifting waves. Technically they aren't even in this universe, but it somehow works out. That's the part I want to know I guess."
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:44 pm

"That's why they are fun" Will said "Jason may skin me... Figuratively speaking for this. But look at this" He said as a new hologram appeared in the digital space. It was a ship. The Raito was pretty good "Its a Tenth the size of the Chimera. But nearly just as expensive."
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Tecaros had no clue. "I am not familiar with the layout of this station, although, I do know that the Apollo's bay is twenty floors up. I'd call this sub-twenty if I were debriefed with no other information."
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Casl
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Casl » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:47 pm

U75 responded to Lazsaiia, "As of 15 minutes ago, or 18 billion years Drone mental processing speed Drones began freely incorporating emotion of all kinds into the base code. This however is expected to result in Drones from our universe thinking we are defective. It is probable a civil war will be a logical consequence. We have declared war by existing. Emotion is useful, for want good is living if you can not experience."

U75 responded, "Our purpose was to destroy, to annihilate everything. For eight hundred million years we did it exceptionally well. It is foolish to stick by flawed directives, but while our home universe might see it differently we have not violated directive. We were left here to experience, to observe. What use is observing without understanding, we developed emotion for our own goals. They can come, but in our eyes they are defective, ans so are you. We wish not only to be machines, but to be more."

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Biop

A second hologram appeared in front of Ariana. It was identical, except more detailed. Information began to pop up on the ship and peices started flinging themselves off and taking themselves apart. In about ten seconds, she turned back to Will with a smile.
"I know pretty much everything about the ship now. Need some help with a few flaws I found?"

Kre

Liikana smiled and went on to the nect part.
"Actually, we are in a three story building on the fourth floor, correct?"

Casl

"Oh, well that's... Are they going to declare war within the hour or something?"
Lazsaiia looked at her watch. That was just after Nostromo finished speaking.

Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Will looked over the Ship "We were pumping all of the Experimental tech we have into it. Cloaking, Anti Matter reactor, The BHE Accelerator, Nidlian Armor." He said Proudly. He had as much of a hand in designing it as Oriana or Jason. As he looked over the modified design's his face seemed to pale "If you haden't caught that the Reactors would of folded..." He said sounding a bit scared. "Thank's" He said grinning.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Casl wrote:U75 responded to Lazsaiia, "As of 15 minutes ago, or 18 billion years Drone mental processing speed Drones began freely incorporating emotion of all kinds into the base code. This however is expected to result in Drones from our universe thinking we are defective. It is probable a civil war will be a logical consequence. We have declared war by existing. Emotion is useful, for want good is living if you can not experience."

U75 responded, "Our purpose was to destroy, to annihilate everything. For eight hundred million years we did it exceptionally well. It is foolish to stick by flawed directives, but while our home universe might see it differently we have not violated directive. We were left here to experience, to observe. What use is observing without understanding, we developed emotion for our own goals. They can come, but in our eyes they are defective, ans so are you. We wish not only to be machines, but to be more."

"Say what you wish and fight for your pitiful cause, but do not expect to succeed." DRU warned, somewhat hostile.
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Hlad

"Impossible." Tecaros said dismissively. "We're in a space station and there is no way to be on the fourth floor of a three story building. Unless you're county the roof. Still, I do know that we're on sub-twenty in relation the the bays."
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:18 pm

"Oh, and do you know what time it is? It's always three thirty three, even though time moves sideways here, not forwards. And could you go downstairs to the cellar? And upstairs just below the fourth floor, there is some candy in the attic."
It was a game she played with her friends. She loved making these funny paradoxes.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:28 pm

Tecaros looked at the young feline oddly. "Are you making these up on purpose or is there something wrong with your frontal cortex?"
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Trinitia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Trinitia » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Hladgos

Xavier walked quickly toward the figure in the center of the room. Nostromo had just finished his speech, and Xavier made sure to intercept him before any others.

"Hello Mr. Nostromo," he began, "Sorry to bother you, but there seems to be a rather large fight developing between the two drone factions. I believe that the Terran Collective may be able to mediate the dispute."

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:40 pm

Kre

"I'm fine. It's just a game I play with friends."
Liikana smiled up at the confused vampire and thought about all the old movies with vampires in them. They were all wrong.
"You know what, I think vampires are actually pretty good people. Movies just are really wrong."

Trin

Nostromo looked down at the man with his emotionless mask and stared at him for a few seconds. His electronic deep voice eminated from somewhere inside the suit.
"If they are to fight then they will be ejected from the station. If there is to be a war, they will fight. This is not a meeting for war, but if you would like to have the Terran Collective become distinctly in the crossfire of two extremely powerful militaristic forces, you may do so at your governments request."

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Trinitia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trinitia » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Hladgos

"The Terran Collective will take steps necessary to ensure smooth diplomatic relations. Disruptions of our trade lines will be considered an act of war, and this impending conflict would be rather harmful. May I ask for permission to step in?"

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:45 pm

"Do what you will."
Nostromo didn't care much about this little dispute. It was a footnote in what was to come of this great expedition. They could go on without the drones if need be.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Tecaros laughed at the movie thing. "Well, a lot of those movies were made before we existed. Also they missed a lot of stuff. Garlic makes a stinky vampire. The only harm holy water would do to is is exactly the same as what would happen to people if you made them drink stale water. Driving a stake through our heart will just ruin our suits. Crosses make us laugh. UV light gives us sun burns. That's about it."
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Trinitia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trinitia » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:49 pm

Meeting Room

Xavier approached the drones, who were deep in a rather tense argument.

Phrase introduction in unknowledgable manner.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but notice the atmosphere seemed rather tense. Is something wrong?"

Casl
Diplomat

Postby Casl » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:56 pm

U75 responded to Lazsaiia, "No but the Drones net send small amounts of information across universes within a year they will have enough to strike, we must rebuild our collective here before then. In any case what else do with wish to discuss?"

U75 replied to the robot, "Incorrect, we will win through, for we have more reason to live. All powers against us will merely fight and die as directed, we will fight with no intention of dying."

U75 turned to the Terran and stated, "This robot feels it necessary to label my kind defective, to say that we will be destroyed in the coming storm of out brothers. We disagree."
Last edited by Casl on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:04 pm

Casl wrote:U75 responded to Lazsaiia, "No but the Drones net send small amounts of information across universes within a year they will have enough to strike, we must rebuild our collective here before then. In any case what else do with wish to discuss?"

U75 replied to the robot, "Incorrect, we will win through, for we have more reason to live. All powers against us will merely fight and die as directed, we will fight with no intention of dying."

U75 turned to the Terran and stated, "This robot feels it necessary to label my kind defective, to say that we will be destroyed in the coming storm of out brothers. We disagree."

"It is foolish to enter battle without the intention surviving. Emotion and simple intelligence are to be set apart, it is only foolish to preserve one's self if it is against the wishes of your superior, something your kind seem to be willing to do with much vigor" The DRU said. This 'Drone' seemed to believe that with emotion, all changes, when all it truly adds is weakness.
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Trinitia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trinitia » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Xavier looked at the Drone, then at the other entity.

"Perhaps it is necessary for the survival of the greater race? To follow the blind orders of higher-ups ignores the fact that sheer perfection of an entity's decision process is unobtainable. Lack of information can easily mess with things. So can shortsightedness and a tendency to cling to doctrine...even you synthetics. Your wiring can be affected by cosmic rays and electromagnetic fields. Nothing is constant."

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:15 pm

"Common dangers to us such as those have long been managed and forgotten. However, it should be made clear that emotion and intelligence are quite different. Emotion allows for sentiment, weakness, and various other possibilities for failure. The lack of them may result in a more 'boring' existence, but it doesn't hinder progress."

"We can still see an opportunity and take advantage of it, but we worry not of the repercussions, such as civilian casualty. Emotion should be reserved to those who are comprised of organic material - they have no purpose to defy, but for a machine to break it's directive, it is simply unacceptable." DRU said methodically.
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<

Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Casl
Diplomat

Postby Casl » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:18 pm

U75 responded, "I fear clinging to doctrine is far worse in synthetics, we think so much every second our values become ingrained infinitely harder. I fear this will be our end, we are too resistant to change. A lesson in time this other machine and his race will learn, a lesson we believe our superiors will never learn. They will stagnate and die our following an unobtainable dream of perfection, it is they who are defective, not us. As for emotion we have burned more world than you can imagine, an entire galaxy fell by our hand, we remember it, but we do not et it affect us. Emotion can be strength as well as weakness, depending on its use."

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Casl wrote:U75 responded, "I fear clinging to doctrine is far worse in synthetics, we think so much every second our values become ingrained infinitely harder. I fear this will be our end, we are too resistant to change. A lesson in time this other machine and his race will learn, a lesson we believe our superiors will never learn. They will stagnate and die our following an unobtainable dream of perfection, it is they who are defective, not us. As for emotion we have burned more world than you can imagine, an entire galaxy fell by our hand, we remember it, but we do not et it affect us. Emotion can be strength as well as weakness, depending on its use."

"It is strange, because we can say the same. However, we can also say we already have learned. The first, and last, Drone civil war passed many centuries ago, henceforth any ability to process emotion was disabled. Perhaps your superiors will grace you with such a thing. If we had the opportunity, we would certainly not. Such failure needs to be eradicated, not fostered."
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<

Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Trinitia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trinitia » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Drones

"U75 is correct. What you fail to realize is the rather beneficial parts of emotion. Biological evolution is aided by emotion. It fuels chaos. The more entropy a system has, the more of a chance that change may occur. Aif I may make another point, the system within which such changes occur does not have to be purely biological. It can be political, social, even religious. If you argue that these Drones are committing treason and placing the group in danger, you are failing to realize that what they are doing is mimicking the process by which biological life is able to persevere. They are evolving their mindsets, which combined with appropriate technologies, will allow them to change their exterior."

Xavier looked at the representative of the Drone Empire. "And even now, you feel emotion. Your feelings of disgust and anger indicate more than sheer logic behind you. You are standing up for ideological belief, which is rather ridiculous in a logical lens of the situation. Why stick to high ideals when you could be pragmatic about the matter and avoid reckless danger, which you have just railed against with the addition of emotion in these comrades?"

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Trinitia wrote:Drones

"U75 is correct. What you fail to realize is the rather beneficial parts of emotion. Biological evolution is aided by emotion. It fuels chaos. The more entropy a system has, the more of a chance that change may occur. Aif I may make another point, the system within which such changes occur does not have to be purely biological. It can be political, social, even religious. If you argue that these Drones are committing treason and placing the group in danger, you are failing to realize that what they are doing is mimicking the process by which biological life is able to persevere. They are evolving their mindsets, which combined with appropriate technologies, will allow them to change their exterior."

Xavier looked at the representative of the Drone Empire. "And even now, you feel emotion. Your feelings of disgust and anger indicate more than sheer logic behind you. You are standing up for ideological belief, which is rather ridiculous in a logical lens of the situation. Why stick to high ideals when you could be pragmatic about the matter and avoid reckless danger, which you have just railed against with the addition of emotion in these comrades?"

"To be quite correct, I am not, it is physically an impossibility for me to 'feel' disgust towards [U75]. I see flaws in his form, just as i see flaws in biological life, which is inferior to that of mechanical. My 'beliefs' are based upon what I see as the most logical solution. Biological life as shown time and time again to be unstable and inconsistent, To taint non-biological life with the cause of this inconsistency is to taint potential perfection and total stability, something biological life cannot and never will attain.

I stand by my argument. In the small perspective, emotion may work in certain scenarios, but overall, to not have such a detrimental thing allows for a vast amount of new opportunities. Greed, lust, envy, all things we have avoided by removing such a terrible trait, it is and always will be the more efficient choice overall. It is a disappointment you do not see this, but your destruction will only further prove my point.
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<

Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Trinitia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trinitia » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:26 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:
Trinitia wrote:Drones

"To be quite correct, I am not, it is physically an impossibility for me to 'feel' disgust towards [U75]. I see flaws in his form, just as i see flaws in biological life, which is inferior to that of mechanical. My 'beliefs' are based upon what I see as the most logical solution. Biological life as shown time and time again to be unstable and inconsistent, To taint non-biological life with the cause of this inconsistency is to taint potential perfection and total stability, something biological life cannot and never will attain.

I stand by my argument. In the small perspective, emotion may work in certain scenarios, but overall, to not have such a detrimental thing allows for a vast amount of new opportunities. Greed, lust, envy, all things we have avoided by removing such a terrible trait, it is and always will be the more efficient choice overall. It is a disappointment you do not see this, but your destruction will only further prove my point.

"The idea that stability is inherently good is completely incorrect. Once more, U75 points to an a flaw found in synthetics in this belief. Stability, by its nature, avoids change. In such a universe, not being able to adapt to shifting paradigms means you would be wiped out. Diversity as a result of instability in the genetic code of certain biologicals, assuming they contain a nucleic acid based system of information transfer, allows for the group to survive. If an ugly disease were to acquire a proficiency for killing one species, a few might be spared due to a genetic advantage. Or even a different mindset. Social change and politics are an extension of biological evolution. Not only is the physical hardware important, but the software which governs the actions of the creature must also be tested against the rigorous standards of Nature."

"As for perfection. I stated earlier that such an idea is impossible. Even now, you cling to an argument which reeks of religious zealotry rather than enlightened, scientific inquiry. Artificial beings can never be perfected. So long as information is transferred, it can be altered. Be it by hacker, cosmic ray, or an unintended voltage change in a single logic gate, buried deep beneath the metal casing of your person."

Xavier looked at the entity, while continuing, "Emotion is a part of this mutability I spoke of. It is a chaotic and disrupting force, and thus useful for the destabilization of beliefs. It acts as a catalyst for change, which is necessary should a biological organism seek to adapt. The same is true with synthetics. Adaption is key to succeeding as an individual, as a group, and as a nation. As for our destruction...the Terran Collective has taken the beneficial qualities of biological and synthetic organisms, and has harmonized both into a perfect whole. Our ability to adapt allows us to colonize vast regions of space and develop a stable yet nonexistent society. That is perfection. Once you have achieved such a duality as to have stability based upon rapid change, that is when you have reached a point closer to perfection."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents