NATION

PASSWORD

Surviving The Wastes (Closed, OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:18 am

On currency terms I think we should use strips of a certain alloy, Something that can only be created in a very secure environment otherwise risk death or something.

Western Reaches, What does Red need help with? Sofia is looking for a contract.

The Capital Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Capital Commonwealth » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:37 am

North Banrodesia wrote:On currency terms I think we should use strips of a certain alloy, Something that can only be created in a very secure environment otherwise risk death or something.

Since it is a wasteland, and not under any specific government control other than the Marines that pop in for burgers every so often, a set currency wouldn't really be all that applicable. Water is pretty valuable in this context, pre-war money is acceptable to certain people (government people), and precious metals will always be valuable. Besides, the only place in the area with the facilities to do that would be Research Station Io and they're business developing high-tech shizz

The Western Reaches
Minister

Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:33 pm

North Banrodesia wrote:On currency terms I think we should use strips of a certain alloy, Something that can only be created in a very secure environment otherwise risk death or something.

Western Reaches, What does Red need help with? Sofia is looking for a contract.

He's looking to get into Portside, but he's being antagonized by some guards. Make of it what you will. :)
Tipper mc Westy's Graphics
East Fancainia: I want to go to her house and scream "You aint got no pancake mix!" just to see if they're Christians or not.
Olthar: It doesn't need bullets. All your enemies will simply commit suicide upon witnessing the awesomeness of the silenced knife.
Krytenia: Sleep first, post later.
Nobel Hobos: What I don't understand is why a chicken can't just cross a damn road without every man and his dog questioning its motives.
Gauthier:The only thing higher than the rent... is Charlie Sheen.
Fibbleites: Trying to do anything on there was like playing Russian Roulette and hoping for the bullet.
San Pellegrino Romana: Let's make Hayaba puppets.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Ok, Next post I'm getting Sofia to get a new target, And on the way out she can probably Persuade the guards to allow Red in.

The Western Reaches
Minister

Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:00 pm

North Banrodesia wrote:Ok, Next post I'm getting Sofia to get a new target, And on the way out she can probably Persuade the guards to allow Red in.

Your character is an assassin right? Because Red is looking for someone whom he believes might be in with the raiders.

He doesn't want him killed mind you, only found, but gathering information on his whereabouts and going into the raider hideouts to find him might be a tough job.
Tipper mc Westy's Graphics
East Fancainia: I want to go to her house and scream "You aint got no pancake mix!" just to see if they're Christians or not.
Olthar: It doesn't need bullets. All your enemies will simply commit suicide upon witnessing the awesomeness of the silenced knife.
Krytenia: Sleep first, post later.
Nobel Hobos: What I don't understand is why a chicken can't just cross a damn road without every man and his dog questioning its motives.
Gauthier:The only thing higher than the rent... is Charlie Sheen.
Fibbleites: Trying to do anything on there was like playing Russian Roulette and hoping for the bullet.
San Pellegrino Romana: Let's make Hayaba puppets.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:56 am

She'll probably check it out once she's eliminated this target, Let me post first.

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:48 pm

The Capital Commonwealth wrote:Seeing as how the post frequency isn't as large as I thought it would be, I'm willing to accept two or three more characters, providing they are good.

Seeing as no ones stepping up to the plate, figured i'd throw a second char in

Nation Name: The Mizarian Empire
Character Name: Victor "Dead eye" Krazvir
Appearance (Pic if possible): 5'6, black hair, green eyes, muscular, leftt eye is clouded over. Often wears an eye patch to cover/conceal this.
Firearms: (Firearm sheet for each gun in separate spoilers please)
Caliber: .357 magnum
Weight: 1.3 kg (2.86 lbs)
Barrel Length: 6"
Damage: 5
Accuracy: 6.0
Fire Rate: 4
Iron sights

Caliber: 12 gauge
Damage: 6 up close, long range, 3
Fire rate: 5
Accuracy: 5
Fire rate: 3
Iron Sight

Inventory (Can include anything your character carries on them that you want to specify): Compass;Monocular;Rucksack;Week's worth of food and water; 300 rds .357 Mag, 50 rds 12 gauge shotshells; Pen and paper; change of clothes; several frag or smoke grenades;"Personal Effects" (As with Mikhail, this would be released over the span of the RP); Survival knife
Faction (If any. New factions should include a Faction application): Lone Wanderer
Skills (Point Allocation):
- Firearm Proficiency: 30 (Victor prefers to get in close and personal, typically wielding pistols and shotguns)

- Melee Proficiency: 30 (skilled with knives and spears, can hold his own in a 1 on 1 fistfight)

- Engineering: 20 (Years of bounty-hunting and living off the land have given Victor time to hone his skills at making traps and crude tools/items)

- Diplomacy: 5 (Victor is a gunman, not a diplomat)

- Fitness: 25 (While not the model of the year for being a fitness king, Victor can still keep pace with someone over short distances)

- Medical Proficiency: 5 (Don't bother coming to him for medical care, its the reason hes blind in one eye)

Personality: Bit of a loner, typically crude but respects women.

Backstory: Victor is a former employee of Dragonia arms. He typically worked as an armsman protecting trade caravans and dealing with raiders and other lowlifes trying to make a quick buck off the trading company's expense. Because of this he has a long history of keeping calm under fire and tracking down people who don't want to be found. His nickname came after he and a group of a dozen other gunmen hunted down a notable raider, Jason "Red Legs" Klopov. A ricochet caught him in the face, after which between his attempts to clean and dress the wound himself and lack of proper medical care resulted in an infection blinding him in his left eye. While he did manage to survive the danger of infection-related illness, he never recovered from it and left Dragonia arms. He now works as a bounty hunter and gun for hire, taking work with whomever he pleases. Ironically enough given his alias he is still considered to be an excellent tracker and has even worked alongside commonwealth forces in hunting down raiders on numerous occasions, vowing to clean up the Gridiron or die trying.
Last edited by The Mizarian Empire on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you need help world-building, don't be afraid to send me a PM/TG. I'm generally a laid-back guy and have no problem helping if I'm not busy.
Currently Hosting:
If you have ANY QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER about your application or about an RP I am running, feel free to ask, I don't bite very often.

I keep my own political views to myself unless pressed, no offense to you dear reader. With regards to religious belief, I am an atheist. That being said, I'm open to (peacefully) discussing spiritual belief and/or scripture if you so desire.

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:18 pm

The Capital Commonwealth wrote:Seeing as how the post frequency isn't as large as I thought it would be, I'm willing to accept two or three more characters, providing they are good.

I might make some little goons for Pedro, only they'll only get 65 total points instead of the normal 130, and not have an entire techmarine loadout with them:
Nation Name: Jormengand.
Character Name: Generic tech servitor. (These ones are fully human, unlike their basis)
Appearance (Pic if possible):

Firearms:
See Pedro Ignacio. 3 Servitors carry Servo-arms.

Weight: 5kg
Length: 800mm
Damage: 6
Accuracy: 4
Fire Rate: 9
A single servitor is armed with a heavy bolter. The ammo is not compatible with bolter and bolt pistol ammo. A heavy bolter will make a mockery of any form of flak or carapace armour, and requires power armour or a battle suit to protect against it properly.

Weight: 5kg
Length: 800mm
Damage: 10
Accuracy: 6
Fire Rate: 1
(AREA OF EFFECT: r=10 feet)
A plasma cannon can only be deflected with vehicular armour or forcefields. Some vehicles have been known to totally annul the effects of the cannon, although only two main vehicle chassis can do so. However, the plasma cannon can potentially be dangerous to the user. Also, all vehicles worthy of truly being called vehicles have at least a 5/6 chance of surviving the plasma cannon shot. Also, there are said to be some who can actually withstand the shot, if it even hits in the first place. The rate of fire is also incredibly slow.[/img]

Inventory (Can include anything your character carries on them that you want to specify): Nothing of interest, save carapace armour. This form of armour protects against small lasers, bolters (but not heavy bolters) flamers (but not heavy flamers) and pulse, gauss, tesla and shotgun weapons. It won't protect againslt most heavy weapons, although it protects against gatling guns and gatling lasers, as well as burst cannons.
Faction: S'called Pedro. Milipitas, my friend.
- Firearm Proficiency: 0
- Melee Proficiency: 10
- Engineering: 45
- Diplomacy: 0
- Fitness: 10
- Medical Proficiency: 0
- Firearm Proficiency: 45
- Melee Proficiency: 10
- Engineering: 0
- Diplomacy: 0
- Fitness: 10
- Medical Proficiency: 0

Personality: Almost mindless, like human robots. Completely loyal to Pedro.
Backstory: Taken from the darker areas of Milpitas, and trained by Pedro and a... friend, they were given weapons and made fiercely loyal to Pedro. They helped him in his work, and in defending his home from bandits.
Last edited by Jormengand on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jormengand wrote:It would be really meta if I sigged this.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Wait, I told a nation I know about this RP through me RMB and he said it looked great and he will sign up when he gets the time cause he's busy this week.

Is it possible that any second characters could only be minor ones e.g. The generic Tech Servitor?

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:29 pm

North Banrodesia wrote:Wait, I told a nation I know about this RP through me RMB and he said it looked great and he will sign up when he gets the time cause he's busy this week.

Is it possible that any second characters could only be minor ones e.g. The generic Tech Servitor?

Numer
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Numer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:49 pm

This looks extremely awesome! Is there room?
My FanT Factbook

"Life is short. Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Numer
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Numer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Nation Name: Numer
Character Name: Marcus Hershal
Appearance (Pic if possible): Caucasian, Medium build, Brown hair and eyes
Firearms: Walther P99
Weight: 23.1 oz.
Length: 7.2 in.
Damage: 3 (don't really know what would be average for a pistol)
Accuracy: 5
Fire Rate: semi-automatic

Inventory (Can include anything your character carries on them that you want to specify):
-A few days of food and water
-clothing
-"The Book of Sorrow"
Faction (If any. New factions should include a Faction application): The Sorrows (will post application in about 5 minutes, basically a religious group)
Firearms= 20
Melee= 10
Engineering= 5
Diplomacy= 65
Medical= 10
Fitness=20
Personality: Wise, Ascetic, Kind, Reserved
Backstory:
Marcus grew up on the caravan routes with his parents (who were traders), and in his early adulthood became a caravan merchant himself, earning quite the reputation as he would try the riskiest routes, exploring new lands for potential trade. One day, he encountered a particularly brutal tribal group in the ruins of what was once a massive city. His caravan was utterly massacred by the savage inhabitants, and he was forced into slavery. This new way of life and the many horrors that came with it changed Marcus' outlook completely. He began to realize that this life was a sorrowful and depressing existence, and the only thing to look forward to was the next. Marcus told his beliefs to his fellow slaves, and drew from many Old World religions in the explanation of his new one. His charisma attracted them, and they led a successful revolt. Marcus and his followers then moved on as nomads, preaching and helping those in need at a condition- that they follow the Sorrows in their mission to spread the faith. This faith has now arrived on Gidiron's doorstep. How will the locals react?
Last edited by Numer on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My FanT Factbook

Numer
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Numer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Faction Name: The Sorrows
Leader of Faction: Marcus Hershal
Background of the Faction: Based on the teachings of Marcus Hershal, this nomadic religious group seeks to spread their faith to Gidiron. They were formed after the slave revolt against a tribal group in the ruins of a major city. Since then, they have been helping all those who have "seen the way" and converted, whether through medical or military aid.
What Type of Faction Is It?: (Raider? Mercenary?) Religion/Religious
What Are The Goals of Your Faction?: To spread the faith, convert others
How Many People Are In Your Faction? (Max. 1500): 150
Where Do You Want Your Spawn Point?: I really don't mind; perhaps Portside?
My FanT Factbook

Guruda
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Guruda » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:39 pm

Just a busy past two days everyone so I haven't had time to keep up with the IC, if anyone did anything regarding my character let me know so I don't accidentally pass over something important. Regarding the OP, I'll respond to that soon.
Hi, I'm Matt

Ain't no party like a Pyongyang party, 'cause a Pyongyang party is ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY

The Capital Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Capital Commonwealth » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Numer wrote:-snip-

Both applications have been accepted. You shall begin your journey in Portside. You may post whenever you want.

Golomun
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Golomun » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:49 am

Camicon wrote:Seriously, the suit is just one massive godmod, which exists purely for the purpose of deus ex machina, the guns are essentially full-auto death machines, and Vega himself is a time travelling alien. He makes David Kingston look like some hick toddler with a cork-gun. He makes Master Chief look like some crack-head gang banger, with his pants around his ankles, holding a Desert Eagle upside down.

quite the complement :D, yet your wrong that he is a time traveling alien; he is an alien from the exact same time period except his civilization's tech is 60 to 70 years ahead of what we would consider modern tech.
and if the incline in modern technology is any indication, of course we are going to end up with some crazy shit in the real world in 60 to 70 years. we already have cloaking tech, micro reactors and anyone with enough knowledge could hack a computer with a cell phone. tell me, what could a cell/mobile phone do given 60 to 70 years of research into circuit technology?

note that it has been almost 30 years since the "brick" came off the Motorola assembly plant and over 70 years since the invention of radar and the equipment for that is the size of a microwave oven from what use to be a RV trailer.

Camicon wrote:I'm not the OP, so the final decision does not rest with me, but I strongly discourage allowing the character of Vega. I'm perfectly OK with Golomun creating and using a different character, but there is no way to restrict Vega in such a way that he would remain even somewhat similar to the original character design, as it relied entirely on the existence of his suit in MWR. Without the suit, Vega would die during transit to Earth. If Vega can't come to Earth through space and time, then his entire origin story is shot to hell.

It would be far, far easier to simply create a different (more reasonable) character.

wow, ok, so why did you not shout at me sooner!? throw me a freakin bone here!
i mean you really consider him god-mod? then nit pick every damn flaw! I even said that in my first OOC post!!! and you tell me NOW?!
AGAIN! why did you not shout at me sooner!?
i mean, come on man! come on!

in any event, consider it done then you silent monkey! :P

Name of nation portraying the character: Golomun
Character Name: 'Vic' Victori lash, AKA the "vampire ghost" to the government
Appearance (Pic if possible): closest thing i could think of that would match personality
Firearms: (Firearm sheet for each gun in seperate spoilers please)
Inventory (Can include anything your character carries on them that you want to specify):
The Wagon carries: Massive collection of books, electrical tools, a mini-nuke he "found", bow and arrows, manual for making explosives for said arrows, throwing knives, machete, crowbar, duct tape, fire steel, and a water condenser/recycler in the back of the solar powered RV. shower with 3L once a week but the rest is used for surviving and only rarely used for trade.

Faction (If any. New factions should include a Faction application):
Skills (Point Alloction):
- Firearm Proficiency:
>20

- Melee Proficiency:
>60

- Engineering:
>30

- Diplomacy:
>5

- Fitness:
>5

- Medical Proficiency:
>10

20+60+30+5+5+10=130 total

Personality:
mostly scarred, psychotic, and just a little over the top at times. frequent hallucinations lead to him talking to a purple dinosaur from time to time as his only means of dealing with what he sees. although "mr.christopher" leads him into some peculiar situations; the dino is a dear friend, but is the main cause of his sanity issues. he can sense when others see him as a threat, and he will kill anyone whether it be pushed into a corner; or if anyone tries to steel his RV or "wagon" as he likes to call it. he is intelligent, methodical, and understands electricity like no ones business simply because of an old code-book in his private library, and from what his dad taught him. he has an extensive knowledge of chemicals from his mother and he sees books as a high commodity and has even killed simply for a few pages of knowledge; especially for how to guide's on robotics... seeing as how the chaos caused by decoy sentry turrets gives him a major hard on.

Backstory:
when he was 12 years old, raiders came upon his parents caravan; they killed his parents and began to rape his mother's dead corpse before his eyes. seeing this act tipped him over the top, and his friend told what he needed to do. he needed to let them sing, to cry out, and that they where made of tasty berry juice. he did what he did from watching a few self defence video-tapes that his parents picked up in their travels. snapped few necks, bit a leg or two, and even stuck a few arrows into them. after the ordeal, none of the three raiders survived. he gathered every thing from the bodies and loaded it into the RV his parents had. he thought of taking the bodies with him, but his friend showed him how to drain them of blood. his friend taught him that blood is lighter than meat, and that the books and things in the wagon are all useful; and to practice what they say.

13 years of silent killings, and a fridge stacked with blood packs, Vic has honed his skill of draining bodies of their blood. everything from sneaking upon an enemy from a ceiling to walking right past a military patrol, and now he has come to port-side. why? simply because his friend sees opportunity; to trade from town to town and take up jobs here and there. that and the government is looking for him on the grounds of a "missing" patrol. although no one knows he is a killer by nature, if they say the right words at the wrong time; he would gladly take care of any "problem"; more food for thought. < pun intended.

NOTE:
-he prefers melee weapons because in his mind, guns are too messy. and that stealth is the most thrilling game he has ever played, he is an addict of stealth and finds there is no other feeling like taking down 12 guys in full body armour one by one until the last one standing finally gets he is all alone in the dark with this silent but deadly killer that takes notes from forensic novels and military instructional books from dead soldiers to improve his art.

-in real life i do have self defence training and have taking paid classes to be an electrician; not half ass decoding wikipedia, i mean REAL training from a REAL school. so i will be using my knowledge in this RP regardless of the characters engineering level simply because vic's parents were knowledge nuts; they knew the true value of a book and taught him from a very young age that all knowledge is power. and he uses these books on a daily basis and avoids the stereotype of 'men don't read manuals' like the bubonic plague.

-for perspective: anything breaks? he reads the manual of the equipment; injured in combat? he reads a medical book on how to sterilize the wound and remove a bullet, although the outcome is not as successful as a professional medic; needs to make use of a piece of artillery? he reads the damn instructions etched onto the BFG!

-my main point is he can and will use reading to his advantage in a post apocalyptic world. in a way his imaginary friend is the personification of those values from his parents, a voice in his head that helps him cope with real life situations and likes the collection of blood that vic 'harvests' from 'prey'. so i ask the OP to take up this purple murdering dinosaur, release your inner psychotic barney and give vic a run for his money; give him something to do.
Last edited by Golomun on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 8 times in total.

The Capital Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Capital Commonwealth » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:40 am

If you aren't keeping up with the IC, here is the breakdown of events:
- Firebase Phoenix is now secure
- A huge raider force with tanks and trucks and the lot is about to attack Portside. Love and George Companies, Red, and Guruda's character are on their way to assist but no one knows that. There are four Marines in town and Mizarian is providing weapons for the populace
- Every town on the West coast is defenseless as of right now until the Marines can get to Portside and The Citadel

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:29 am

*Waves Hand* I'm assisting Portside too!

Also, Red is already in Portside.

The Capital Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Capital Commonwealth » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:38 am

North Banrodesia wrote:*Waves Hand* I'm assisting Portside too!

Also, Red is already in Portside.

It is obvious that anyone in Portside will assist. But Guruda's and TWR's characters were sent on a mercenary mission to Firebase Phoenix, but will be redirected in TWR's upcoming post.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:43 am

Oh. But my character just talked to red about 40 metres outside Portside and his most recent post appears to state that Red is in town.

The Capital Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Capital Commonwealth » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:49 am

North Banrodesia wrote:Oh. But my character just talked to red about 40 metres outside Portside and his most recent post appears to state that Red is in town.

We're about 6 hours in the future right now based on the events at Phoenix, seeing as how that has been the only plot involved event going on thus far, except for this raider attack of course.

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:41 am

Pedro may just decide to go and help the war effort - remind me what's happening, and the routes out of Milipitas?

The Capital Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Capital Commonwealth » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:43 am

Jormengand wrote:Pedro may just decide to go and help the war effort - remind me what's happening, and the routes out of Milipitas?

There's a road north that goes to The Citadel and then to Portside, and a road that goes east towards raider territory. The Raider tribes to the west attacked Firebase Phoenix as a distraction. Now, the Raider Tribes of the North are attacking Portside. Love and George Companies are en route to Portside to aid, but all the other Marines are either guarding their flank to make sure the western raiders don't break through or coming up with resources to help defend from the raiders in the north.

There is also a sub-plot that has to do with politicians from the main country that will come up.
Last edited by The Capital Commonwealth on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Golomun
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Golomun » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:53 pm

alright, i have updated my application, anything else? :)

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:10 pm

Golomun wrote:alright, i have updated my application, anything else? :)

Golo, you don't seem to understand the concept of skill point allocation. If your character is a master engineer, then put your skill points into engineering. A.I.'s and hallucinations are not a way to artificially boost your character's abilities.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents