NATION

PASSWORD

The Milky Way series RP group (PMT-PFT all species, open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dolmhold
Minister

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:49 am

Mini Miehm wrote:SAPL... Troy Rising?

Yes- which was also where I made my first noob mistake. Mistaking the battlestation with a planet, and then using the planet as a battlestation as part of my first noobishness. I have since done away with the battlestation relay bit itself, although I'm considering reintegrating it as part of my defense network on a smaller and different scale, and left the SAPL to itself.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:49 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:
Many people are familiar with the Halo series, many people play it, and just like how easy it is the basically make a nation based off star wars or star trek, or BSG, whatever, it's easy to base your nation off of the Halo.

I assume many of the younger NS'ers, since they're closer to video games, I myself am largely familiar, but prefer the Forerunners/Precursors

I've yet to see a Precursor nation (Jac and Dexter)

Who?
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:49 am

The Drone Empire wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:
For some reason.

Many people are familiar with the Halo series, many people play it, and just like how easy it is the basically make a nation based off star wars or star trek, or BSG, whatever, it's easy to base your nation off of the Halo.

I assume many of the younger NS'ers, since they're closer to video games, I myself am largely familiar, but prefer the Forerunners/Precursors

I base my nation off that because the ancient human technologies aren't covered at all, and the ancients did win a war against Forerunners.
Last edited by Daskoxian on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:50 am

Hladgos wrote:

Solar Array Pumped Laser?

I am aware what the acronym means, it was an inquiry of origin, not meaning.

Dolm, if I see Troy, it will be RKVed by Schwere Gustav.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Don't reward the trolls.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:50 am

Hladgos wrote:

Solar Array Pumped Laser?

It was Tyler Vernon's idea, not mine. It was just such a novel concept though.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:50 am

The Drone Empire wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:

I've yet to see a Precursor nation (Jac and Dexter)

Who?

Did you really just ask that...
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:52 am

Dolmhold wrote:
Hladgos wrote:Solar Array Pumped Laser?

It was Tyler Vernon's idea, not mine. It was just such a novel concept though.

Not all that novel. Not the asteroid battlestation certainly. I'm trying to figure out why he didn't use 1Ceres for Troy, and 2Pallas for Thermopylae.

Don't reward the trolls.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:53 am

Daskoxian wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:

I base my nation off that because the ancient human technologies aren't covered at all, and the ancients did win a war against Forerunners.

Well, the Human - Forerunner war ended in the Forerunners de-teching the humans and dumping them on earth, erasing all memory and evidence of their civilization..

And the Ancient Human civilization is very vaguely covered so basing a nation off it is largely guess work and pulling stuff from what little they say [In comparison to the other factions]..
Last edited by The Drone Empire on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life

Border Of Reality

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:55 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:
Who?

Yes.
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<

Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:56 am

The Drone Empire wrote:
Daskoxian wrote:

Well, the Human - Forerunner war ended in the Forerunners de-teching the humans and dumping them on earth, erasing all memory and evidence of their civilization..

That was the later one where the humans were fighting the Flood too.
And found a cure.
(My nation separated in the early stages of the H-F war)

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 am

Mini Miehm wrote:Dolm, if I see Troy, it will be RKVed by Schwere Gustav.

Darn it, I had to google Schwere Gustav. While Troy and and other lol battlestations will not be there, I have... um... abused wormhole technology to develop a ship that takes that SAPL beam, makes it go through a wormhole, and out the other side as the ship's primary weapon. Not sure if I'm going to keep it anymore, but it was an interesting concept.

As for the idea- well, fictionally it was his idea, or his collection of other people's ideas. IRL every technology of the future seems to have been hypothesized already.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:59 am

The Drone Empire wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:

Yes.

Wow...
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:02 am

Daskoxian wrote:How was your old one like?

Well, it progressed in stages, but with my old nation:

I had no data on my nation's culture, which made it quite devoid of anything interesting. I had a lolmilitary that would somehow always come up in the middle (has unfortunately applied to my Rping techniques since I started RPing, when I first touched a F7 RP, trying to cut it out now and allow my ships to win and loose), extreme SAPL dependence, no realistic offensive capacity but epic defensive...

Then I added in the idea of mental links, transhumanism, and so forth which gave me a moderate base to work on the society, although I unfortunately still largely ignored that.

As seen in the Awakening Flames thread, that was when I had a technology explosion of absurd proportions, much of which I'm reconsidering or changing tech periods.

I'm currently at this stage, where I have a moderate culture/society base to work off- clans, cooperatives, indifference to minor material destruction and physical death, very emotional, maybe voluntary fights, childish behaviors mixed with people whom demand honor duels, and slightly more, my space military just received an overhaul in terms of what it is and so forth, and... I think that's about it.

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:08 am

Dolmhold wrote:
Daskoxian wrote:How was your old one like?

Well, it progressed in stages, but with my old nation:

I had no data on my nation's culture, which made it quite devoid of anything interesting. I had a lolmilitary that would somehow always come up in the middle (has unfortunately applied to my Rping techniques since I started RPing, when I first touched a F7 RP, trying to cut it out now and allow my ships to win and loose), extreme SAPL dependence, no realistic offensive capacity but epic defensive...

Then I added in the idea of mental links, transhumanism, and so forth which gave me a moderate base to work on the society, although I unfortunately still largely ignored that.

As seen in the Awakening Flames thread, that was when I had a technology explosion of absurd proportions, much of which I'm reconsidering or changing tech periods.

I'm currently at this stage, where I have a moderate culture/society base to work off- clans, cooperatives, indifference to minor material destruction and physical death, very emotional, maybe voluntary fights, childish behaviors mixed with people whom demand honor duels, and slightly more, my space military just received an overhaul in terms of what it is and so forth, and... I think that's about it.

Wow... I've just been thinking too much about civilian life. And Komatar.

I really need to work on military.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:21 am

Daskoxian wrote:Wow... I've just been thinking too much about civilian life. And Komatar.

I really need to work on military.

The case is the opposite for me, mainly because most of the FT RPs I've been in were wars, although both sides can really be improved. However, with Hlad's charector RPs, the civilian side is making itself up. Slowly, but surely.
Last edited by Dolmhold on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:08 am

Dolm, I'm pretty sure it was Doc Travis' idea.

Schwere Gustav was a giagnt fucking railway gun. In this case its my extra solar bombardment cannon. Seventy ton slug at cfrac, from holyshitwheredidthatcomefrom?

Don't reward the trolls.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:16 am

Mini Miehm wrote:Dolm, I'm pretty sure it was Doc Travis' idea.

Schwere Gustav was a giagnt fucking railway gun. In this case its my extra solar bombardment cannon. Seventy ton slug at cfrac, from holyshitwheredidthatcomefrom?

I don't know too much about who's idea was who's, so I'll go with yours since I really don't know. As for your Schwere Gustav- We admit inferiority. Please don't point that thing at us...

Vetega
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:21 am

That thing would rip a worldship in half
Member of GESO

DefCon Level: DefCon 1
1: Total War
2: Mobilization of forces.
3: Standby/Advance Intelligence Protocols
4: Recognition of Conflict/Embargo's and other non-violent threats
5: Peacetime

Donald Trump is evil. He must burn.
See with your mind's eye what your eyes cannot see.
'War is in our blood. It's a part of Vetegan history. We cannot escape who we are, so we've learned to embrace it. Now look at us, the Triumvirate is one the most powerful nations on this world. You can't say we didn't achieve anything else of value now.' -Supreme Commander Izon Destraud the Second

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:41 am

On scanners and the like- currently looking at MRI and checking if I can use its like to convert my magnetic shielding into something better- portable space MRI (get inside the shield's Tesla region, and we'll know everything about you), along with figuring out how the magnetic shield won't screw up my maneuvering thrusters, or my engine in the first place.

Can anyone here explain to me how magnetic field gradients work on a laymen's level? My first thought was that it could be something to control the size and intensity of the magnetic field, but now I'm uncertain.

Trinitia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Trinitia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:15 am

Place large amounts of iron around sensitive parts I would assume?

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:22 am

The More electricity and the more coils you have the stronger a Mag Field will be.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:39 am

Trinitia wrote:Place large amounts of iron around sensitive parts I would assume?

The issue is that the amount of iron or other materials needed is more then the ship itself, given that I operate well over the Tesla region, and if there is any hole in it, the magnetic field will leak in. Then again, this is based off my laymen's understanding and the diagrams provided of the magnetic lines. I could use other superconducting materials to hide sensitive parts that don't need to be exposed, but the plasma from the thrust? Thats another story.

Yes Im Biop wrote:The More electricity and the more coils you have the stronger a Mag Field will be.
Generally, however, wouldn't a smaller magnet require less energy to produce a field of the same intensity, although of far smaller sizes? I have given consideration to this thought in order to localize the magnetic field, but too localized and the things practically useless, the full kinetic energy will get into your ship anyways, and the only real line of defense there is is my version of a structural integrity field, where basically all parts of the ship from the front and back all take the hit, resulting in meer transfer of kinetic energy and not a ship-destroying vibration then.

Edit: Butchered Biop's name by accident in the quote area, fixed.
Last edited by Dolmhold on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:44 am

Dolmhold wrote:
Trinitia wrote:Place large amounts of iron around sensitive parts I would assume?

The issue is that the amount of iron or other materials needed is more then the ship itself, given that I operate well over the Tesla region, and if there is any hole in it, the magnetic field will leak in. Then again, this is based off my laymen's understanding and the diagrams provided of the magnetic lines. I could use other superconducting materials to hide sensitive parts that don't need to be exposed, but the plasma from the thrust? Thats another story.

Yes Im Biop wrote:The More electricity and the more coils you have the stronger a Mag Field will be.
Generally, however, wouldn't a smaller magnet require less energy to produce a field of the same intensity, although of far smaller sizes? I have given consideration to this thought in order to localize the magnetic field, but too localized and the things practically useless, the full kinetic energy will get into your ship anyways, and the only real line of defense there is is my version of a structural integrity field, where basically all parts of the ship from the front and back all take the hit, resulting in meer transfer of kinetic energy and not a ship-destroying vibration then.

Edit: Butchered Biop's name by accident in the quote area, fixed.

No a Smaller magnet would require MORE energy to account in the loss of mass. And if your makeing an EM Barrier for your ship. You want it angles at very very odd angles so inless it hits a point where 2 meet it will just be deflected.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:49 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:No a Smaller magnet would require MORE energy to account in the loss of mass. And if your makeing an EM Barrier for your ship. You want it angles at very very odd angles so inless it hits a point where 2 meet it will just be deflected.

From what I know, a smaller magnet would need more energy in order to get the same sizes, but the intensity levels are more extreme for the same size. What I'm trying to get at here is like the difference between the magnets at CERN, and Earth's magnetic field, or a star and a black hole of equal mass. The black hole has the most extreme gravity, but that is only when you're near it. A planet doesn't give a damm if it is orbiting a star or a black hole of equal mass, it will just keep orbiting like normal.
Last edited by Dolmhold on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Casl
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Casl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Vetega wrote:Lol yep that'd piss him off.
And maybe we should timeskip in Darkness. So far it's been blabbing. We need to get to the exploring, otherwise we're digging ourselves a hole for the rp to slowly die in.

This needs to happen

Also Vetega what would a PAECGRL do to a worldship?
Last edited by Casl on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents