NATION

PASSWORD

The Milky Way series RP group (PMT-PFT all species, open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

TheFall
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby TheFall » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:52 am

Dolmhold wrote:
Trinitia wrote:]Nation Name: United Earth Federation of Planets

Is a Currency Present?: No

If no, then why?: The Collective has evolved beyond the market economy.

Level of Crime: None

Percent of People in Factories: Depends on time, area, and definition of "people", but ultimately somewhere around 10% on average

If Low, Why?: Automation

Average Lifespan of a Person: Body: 200+ years, Mind: Infinite without interference

Level of Information Flow (Description): Complete transfer of information between all members. Society itself resembles anarchy more than any government.

Level of Cybernation: Complete. All members are fully integrated into the Collective via biological and mechanical enhancements. Each member represents a single node on the massive neural network of the Collective.

Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.): None. Slavery is irrational.

Health of Envioment: Very populated planets generally try to maintain a zero-impact industrial sector, and most energy is obtained from fusion and solar panels in orbit around stars.

Recently colonized planets overlook environmental safety to a small point.

Now I remember what I forgot! Culture and Cultural development!

Your current score is: 0.95. Everything is good except that you don't outright better the envioment and that there are still people working in factories.

On second thought though, let me change several things on this test so that it will yield a more accurate result. One may work in a factory, but it might not be an monotonous task.

exactly, for me the people who work in the factory's control and run them.
Favorite Quotes
When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Dolmhold
Minister

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:52 am

Nation Name:

Is a Currency Present?:

If no, then why?:

Level of Crime:

If Low, Why?:

Percent of People Working on Monotonous Tasks:

If Low, Why?:

Average Lifespan of a Person:

Level of Information Flow (Description):

Level of Cybernation:

Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.):

Health of Envioment:

Cultural Development:

Level of free choice:

Level of Strife:

Governmental System:

Sorry, but, can you retake it? I had to make some adjustments.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:12 am

Hladgos wrote:Nation Name: Federated galactic democratic republic of Hladgos

Is a Currency Present?: Yup.

If no, then why?:

Level of Crime: Hah. Crime.

Percent of People in Factories: .7%

If Low, Why?: Machines.

Average Lifespan of a Person: Impossible to tell due to varied species ages

Level of Information Flow (Description): Really high. Terabytes of information are uploaded onto the datanet every millisecond.

Level of Cybernation: 27%

Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.): No.

Health of Envioment: Very good on some planets, though others have none.

I'll take it that there is no crime then:

Based off this: You get 0.85. You are close, but not quite there. Terran collective, I've changed my mind. You're about 1.1 I guess for the TC.
Last edited by Dolmhold on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:14 am

TheFall wrote:]Nation Name: United Earth Federation of Planets

If no, then why?: The UEFP seeks to better itself by not pursuing a life of monetary gain.

Level of Crime: extremely low, almost nonexistant

Percent of People in Factories: 5%

If Low, Why?: Insane levels of Automation

Average Lifespan of a Person: 300

Level of Information Flow (Description): explain?

Level of Cybernation: explain?

Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.): none, slavery is nonexistant

Health of Envioment: Mothernature is everywhere, because we only mine dead planets for resources and we can literally terraform whole planets at will.

Between 0.98 and 1.8 based off this.

TheFall
Ambassador

Postby TheFall » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:26 am

Nation Name: United Earth Federation of Planets

If no, then why?: economic utopia (Individuals strive for self-betterment rather than fiscal remuneration)

Level of Crime: Extremely low/Nonexistant

If Low, Why?: universal liberty, rights, and equality, and progressive social policies

Percent of People Working on Monotonous Tasks: 5%

If Low, Why?: Insane levels of Automation, with the people that do work in factory's effectively running and controlling them.

Average Lifespan of a Person: 300 years

Level of Information Flow (Description): Instantly available to those with cyberisation, and highly availale to everyone else. (Sorta confused here)

Level of Cybernation: Extremely high if a person is willing, basically it all depends on the individual and what they want, Cyberisation usually happens in Medical circumstances. (Androids are present) 20% cyberization
Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.): Nonexistant

Health of Envioment: Heavily incorporated green environment, also the mining of just Dead planets and the ability to literally terraform planets at will.

Cultural Development: Constant striving for self-betterment whether that be in arts, literature, science, pretty much anything

Level of free choice: Insane, UEFP Citizens are free to persue there inner desires in whatever they are doing.

Level of Strife: None, we are extremely peaceful as all reasons for strife have been stamped out of existance

Governmental System: post-capitalist liberal democracy and constitutional republic
Last edited by TheFall on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Quotes
Jean-Paul Sartre

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:37 am

Nation Name: The Dolmholdi Collective

If no, then why?: Currency has been made obsolete.

Level of Crime: 0

If Low, Why: Two things. Crime has been made obsolete, and other trivial forms are no longer considered crimes.

Percent of People Working on Monotonous Tasks: Below 0.01%

If Low, Why?: Monotonous tasks have been made mostly obsolete, with troubleshooting automated. Those who work on those tasks do so based off their free will.

Average Lifespan of a Person: About two hundred years if they don't plan to renew themselves, which may be done by natural biological processes consciously or by using technology such as nanobots and so forth.

Level of Information Flow (Description): Information is freely shared across the Dolmholdi Collective in real-time due to FTL communications. Data is stored on the vast databanks and can be accessed at any time by anyone, as long as they wish to access it. Past the private level, there are no secrets, and people usually have no need to keep secrets. People usually don't tell about and don't care about little things such as "I'm going to the toilet", but they can if they want.

Level of Cybernation: The nation has followed the logic of "The machine is but an extension of man," and so while everyone is connected and can even control technology without otherwise physical inputs, you don't get the classic Borgs.

Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.): No. Autonomous drones, rote answer bots and so forth are not free thinking and nor are they AI.

Health of Envioment: The envioment is cared for extensively and maintained. However, natural evolutionary and biological processes are allowed to go. Every world important to Dolmhold has been terraformed, even worlds that would be otherwise classified as dead to other nations as monecular and atomic recomposition technology is used.

Cultural Development: The arts develop when there is abundence and free of worry of day to day survival, while coupled with a person who did not have his or her creativity stamped out by monotonous tasks. Therefore, Dolmhold's cultural development is excessively strong. While there is still the framework culture that was Dolmhold's Republic-Era culture, there are loads of divergent cultures and so forth.

Level of free choice: People can generally do whatever they choose.

Level of Strife: Mild strife only such as minor arguments or really heated debates. Nothing that is ever serious, as it always gets fixed one way or another.

Governmental System: Participatory/voluntary direct democracy with elements of concensus and demarchacy.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:42 am

TheFall wrote:Nation Name: United Earth Federation of Planets

If no, then why?: economic utopia (Individuals strive for self-betterment rather than fiscal remuneration)

If Low, Why?: universal liberty, rights, and equality, and progressive social policies

If Low, Why?: Insane levels of Automation, with the people that do work in factory's effectively running and controlling them.

Average Lifespan of a Person: 300 years

Level of Information Flow (Description): Instantly available to those with cyberisation, and highly availale to everyone else. (Sorta confused here)

Level of Cybernation: Extremely high if a person is willing, basically it all depends on the individual and what they want, Cyberisation usually happens in Medical circumstances. (Androids are present) 20% cyberization
Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.): Nonexistant

Health of Envioment: Heavily incorporated green environment, also the mining of just Dead planets and the ability to literally terraform planets at will.

Cultural Development: Constant striving for self-betterment whether that be in arts, literature, science, pretty much anything

Level of free choice: Insane, UEFP Citizens are free to persue there inner desires in whatever they are doing.

Level of Strife: None, we are extremely peaceful as all reasons for strife have been stamped out of existance

Governmental System: post-capitalist liberal democracy and constitutional republic

Rank: From 0.95 to 1.4, depending on if the people working on monotonous tasks love it and actively pursue it. Information exchange rates could be better, but is good. How is strife exactly stamped out? Can people increase their life span indefinately, or not? Those are some of the questions.

And please note that any rating you get will be severely biased as it is judged against what I believe a type I would be.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:56 am

Anyone posting in the RPs?

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:57 am

Dolmhold wrote:Anyone posting in the RPs?

... fine...
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:17 am

What's a RED communication device?

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:18 am

Dolmhold wrote:What's a RED communication device?

Radio Enhancing Dialator. Makes radiowaves go FTL.

Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:19 am

Hladgos wrote:
Dolmhold wrote:What's a RED communication device?

Radio Enhancing Dialator. Makes radiowaves go FTL.

Er... how does that FTL work?

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:21 am

Dolmhold wrote:
Hladgos wrote:Radio Enhancing Dialator. Makes radiowaves go FTL.

Radio waves go forwards and back you know? Makes it more compact and it only travels in one direction. Note, I'm making this up as you ask me questions.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:25 am

Hladgos wrote:
Dolmhold wrote:

Radio waves go forwards and back you know? Makes it more compact and it only travels in one direction. Note, I'm making this up as you ask me questions.

Er...

How? Radiation is limited to the speed of light because it is light (and vise versa)

Radio only goes back if your system is RADAR, which isn't a communications system. Otherwise, there is no need to...

Ah well, nothing FTL interdiction can't handle. That and reverse radiation (which causes destructive interferance)

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:36 am

Nation Name: United Federation of Terra
Is a Currency Present?: Yes.
Level of Crime: Non existent to low depending on the area of space you are looking at. Closer to Terra: lower crime rate.
If Low, Why?: Firstly because of family tradition. You convicted of a crime, you are disowned by your family. Next, law enforcement: it is tighter nearer to Terra you get. Also, there is almost no reason to commit crime.
Percent of People Working on Monotonous Tasks: 0.6%
If Low, Why?: Borg has been developed for that purpose: who are essentially pseudo-race of cybernetic beings who lack any sense of individuality with sole exception of "Locutus" who serves as a central nexus for entire hive mind. Also due to large scale automation. Only people who are working there are as working as judicial punishment.
Average Lifespan of a Person: EFT: 140 years| FT: 320 years| PFT: 890 years
Level of Information Flow (Description): On an average day: 3 Petabyte of information every day.
Level of Cybernation: Large amount of technology exists, but it is separate from people. Technology independently, is however used extensively in almost all phase of life by everyone except some few hippies.
Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.): Yes, there is slavery of manufactured beings or beings with demonstrably less than human intelligence as proven by many government sponsored scientific surveys. In PFT: there is no slavery however.
Health of Envioment: In habited planets: it is preserved and is very good. In manufacturing/ mining planets... lets just say - its not the best...
Cultural Development: Cultural diversity is preserved as tradition and something invaluable. Cultural development are let to be free as long as it meets common sense (ie. no you cant sacrifice a person, for example). Certain traditional human cultures are even state sponsored through frequent grants.
Level of free choice: It is part of the society and law. Free choice is absolute unless you are slave or interfere with rights of others.
Level of Strife: Only minor since either issues are sorted out through arguments (or majority), left with a compromise or authorized duel till death.
Governmental System: Federal Elective Monarchy
People elect the planetary council. Who ever commands majority in planetary council is planetary governor.
All the planetary governors in a sector makes up 49% of sector council while 51% is elected directly by the people. Who ever commands majority in sector council is sector governor.
Sector governors make up 49% of the federal parliament while 51% are elected directly by the people. Who ever commands majority in federation parliament is Federation prime minister.
Who ever commands Double majority (both in sector council and federation parliament) is elected Federation Monarch. This can only happen every 30 years or when current monarch dies.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Great Nepal wrote:Nation Name: United Federation of Terra
Is a Currency Present?: Yes.
Level of Crime: Non existent to low depending on the area of space you are looking at. Closer to Terra: lower crime rate.
If Low, Why?: Firstly because of family tradition. You convicted of a crime, you are disowned by your family. Next, law enforcement: it is tighter nearer to Terra you get. Also, there is almost no reason to commit crime.
Percent of People Working on Monotonous Tasks: 0.6%
If Low, Why?: Borg has been developed for that purpose: who are essentially pseudo-race of cybernetic beings who lack any sense of individuality with sole exception of "Locutus" who serves as a central nexus for entire hive mind. Also due to large scale automation. Only people who are working there are as working as judicial punishment.
Average Lifespan of a Person: EFT: 140 years| FT: 320 years| PFT: 890 years
Level of Information Flow (Description): On an average day: 3 Petabyte of information every day.
Level of Cybernation: Large amount of technology exists, but it is separate from people. Technology independently, is however used extensively in almost all phase of life by everyone except some few hippies.
Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.): Yes, there is slavery of manufactured beings or beings with demonstrably less than human intelligence as proven by many government sponsored scientific surveys. In PFT: there is no slavery however.
Health of Envioment: In habited planets: it is preserved and is very good. In manufacturing/ mining planets... lets just say - its not the best...
Cultural Development: Cultural diversity is preserved as tradition and something invaluable. Cultural development are let to be free as long as it meets common sense (ie. no you cant sacrifice a person, for example). Certain traditional human cultures are even state sponsored through frequent grants.
Level of free choice: It is part of the society and law. Free choice is absolute unless you are slave or interfere with rights of others.
Level of Strife: Only minor since either issues are sorted out through arguments (or majority), left with a compromise or authorized duel till death.
Governmental System: Federal Elective Monarchy
People elect the planetary council. Who ever commands majority in planetary council is planetary governor.
All the planetary governors in a sector makes up 49% of sector council while 51% is elected directly by the people. Who ever commands majority in sector council is sector governor.
Sector governors make up 49% of the federal parliament while 51% are elected directly by the people. Who ever commands majority in federation parliament is Federation prime minister.
Who ever commands Double majority (both in sector council and federation parliament) is elected Federation Monarch. This can only happen every 30 years or when current monarch dies.

0.85. Very old and terrible systems on some parts like slavery, but many things are also better. Slightly better then IRL modern man.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:14 pm

OOC: What the hell, eh? I still stand by my scale, and this is by no means going to be a part of Kreanolthan canon, but why not?

Nation Name: The Intergalactic Republic of Kreanoltha

Is a Currency Present?: Yes. We're Kreanolthans. Finance is in our blood.

If no, then why?: N/A

Level of Crime: Low to moderate.

If Low, Why?: A combination of highly a highly armed populace and an emphasis on punishment of crime.

Percent of People Working on Monotonous Tasks: Moderate to low.

If Low, Why?: Machines and automation.

Average Lifespan of a Person: Eh... Provecti average four hundred standard years. Elves and vampires, well most of them have yet to die since their species emerged. We've classified them as functionally immortal.

Level of Information Flow (Description): Comparable to a more efficient, or complete 21st century Earth internet. We even call it the internet. It is completely possible to disconnect one's device from the internet, and many people prefer to be disconnected when the device is not actively in need of a connection. People typically buy a mobile device that fits in a pocket in the palm of gloves. It can be a phone, PDA, mobile computer, ect. Typically, when the other functions are not actively needed the phone is the only active connection, set to receive passively. Kreanolthans value their independence and individuality.

Level of Cybernation: Very little to none. A fair amount of people prefer mechanical replacements for lost body parts that, for some reason, fail to grow back to having the regeneration induced or, in extreme cases, lab gown parts, but that is the extent. Kreanolthan genetics can handle anything you may want, so you can have just about anything you want coded up and shot in.

Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.): Flies in the face of Kreanolthan philosophy.

Health of Envioment: Um... we make out own environments. Planetary environments are resources. Environments on our cities are made with aesthetics in mind. Air quality is maintained with an extremely intricate and powerful set of air filters on cities. We have no need of natural environments so we are not really sure how to answer this at all.

Cultural Development: Artists must be self-sufficient like everyone else. Music is very popular, and artists are also very successful. they always have an audience willing to pay exorbitant prices for their work. However, we also consider high fiances and cooking art-forms so we always have a lot of "artists" that have trillions of keatains on hand.

Level of free choice: That's a tenant of most major Kreanolthan philosophies. The most influential one's (Tau Ceti Kreanolthan Individualism) first major rule is that without free choice and will, life is meaningless.

Level of Strife: Our government is a confederacy so there is a fair bit. However, rule of law is respected, and the rather cynical population almost sees politics as a game, so they're willing to ride it out to the next election, and then redouble their campaign efforts. A combination of cynicism and passion holds it together when tensions reach a high point. When tensions are low, people are more than happy to forget that the government even exists.

Governmental System: Constitutional, confederated, tricameral, representative republic.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

TheFall
Ambassador

Postby TheFall » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Resubmitted

If Low, Why?: Insane levels of Automation, with the people that do work in factory's effectively running and controlling them. only 1 to 10 people work in these factories and generally come together as a family of sorts and get along fine.

Average Lifespan of a Person: 300 years With Medical and biological advancements during the years, Lifespans are constantly expanding.

Level of Information Flow (Description): Instantly available to due to FTL communications (Small tablet sized computers can store 1 petabyte of information, while Supercomputers and ship computers usually can store up to 2 Zettabyte and 1 yottabyte of information respectively.

Level of Cybernation: Due to the UEFPs view on individualism and that everyone is unique in there own way, its citizens are not hooked up to a hivemind that collectively stores its information and shares it with everyone. While the UEFP has the technology to do this, they just won't because of there views. Meaning that Cyberization is usually reserved in medical cases or if citizens desire to have cybernetic implants, it is there choice. Androids are perfected and look like real human beings.

Level of Strife: Small quarrels do arise from time to time, but are usually resolved rather quickly

Last edited by TheFall on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Quotes
Jean-Paul Sartre

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:OOC: What the hell, eh? I still stand by my scale, and this is by no means going to be a part of Kreanolthan canon, but why not?

If Low, Why?: A combination of highly a highly armed populace and an emphasis on punishment of crime.

Average Lifespan of a Person: Eh... Provecti average four hundred standard years. Elves and vampires, well most of them have yet to die since their species emerged. We've classified them as functionally immortal.

Level of Information Flow (Description): Comparable to a more efficient, or complete 21st century Earth internet. We even call it the internet. It is completely possible to disconnect one's device from the internet, and many people prefer to be disconnected when the device is not actively in need of a connection. People typically buy a mobile device that fits in a pocket in the palm of gloves. It can be a phone, PDA, mobile computer, ect. Typically, when the other functions are not actively needed the phone is the only active connection, set to receive passively. Kreanolthans value their independence and individuality.

Level of Cybernation: Very little to none. A fair amount of people prefer mechanical replacements for lost body parts that, for some reason, fail to grow back to having the regeneration induced or, in extreme cases, lab gown parts, but that is the extent. Kreanolthan genetics can handle anything you may want, so you can have just about anything you want coded up and shot in.

Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.): Flies in the face of Kreanolthan philosophy.

Health of Envioment: Um... we make out own environments. Planetary environments are resources. Environments on our cities are made with aesthetics in mind. Air quality is maintained with an extremely intricate and powerful set of air filters on cities. We have no need of natural environments so we are not really sure how to answer this at all.

Cultural Development: Artists must be self-sufficient like everyone else. Music is very popular, and artists are also very successful. they always have an audience willing to pay exorbitant prices for their work. However, we also consider high fiances and cooking art-forms so we always have a lot of "artists" that have trillions of keatains on hand.

Level of free choice: That's a tenant of most major Kreanolthan philosophies. The most influential one's (Tau Ceti Kreanolthan Individualism) first major rule is that without free choice and will, life is meaningless.

Level of Strife: Our government is a confederacy so there is a fair bit. However, rule of law is respected, and the rather cynical population almost sees politics as a game, so they're willing to ride it out to the next election, and then redouble their campaign efforts. A combination of cynicism and passion holds it together when tensions reach a high point. When tensions are low, people are more than happy to forget that the government even exists.

Governmental System: Constitutional, confederated, tricameral, representative republic.

Hmmm

Rating is USA with a bit of enviomental changing drugs.

0.79 I guess.

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:36 pm

Nation Name: The Architect species, no government

If no, then why?: They can manipulate reality... no need for money

If Low, Why?: They are smart...

Percent of People Working on Monotonous Tasks: N/A, they do what they wish

If Low, Why?: ... I dont know...

Average Lifespan of a Person: Lifespan is relative to reality. They dont live, they simply are.

Level of Information Flow (Description): Infinite.

Level of Cybernation: None. They dont need technology anymore.

Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.): Nope.

Health of Envioment: Hard to explain...

Cultural Development: Good, though they rarely make anything culteral with ties to our singular universe.

Level of free choice: They do what they please.

Level of Strife: Uh...

Governmental System: N/A

Yay. Anarchy of the Architects.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:41 pm

TheFall wrote:Resubmitted

If Low, Why?: Insane levels of Automation, with the people that do work in factory's effectively running and controlling them. only 1 to 10 people work in these factories and generally come together as a family of sorts and get along fine.

Average Lifespan of a Person: 300 years With Medical and biological advancements during the years, Lifespans are constantly expanding.

Level of Information Flow (Description): Instantly available to due to FTL communications (Small tablet sized computers can store 1 petabyte of information, while Supercomputers and ship computers usually can store up to 2 Zettabyte and 1 yottabyte of information respectively.

Level of Cybernation: Due to the UEFPs view on individualism and that everyone is unique in there own way, its citizens are not hooked up to a hivemind that collectively stores its information and shares it with everyone. While the UEFP has the technology to do this, they just won't because of there views. Meaning that Cyberization is usually reserved in medical cases or if citizens desire to have cybernetic implants, it is there choice. Androids are perfected and look like real human beings.

Level of Strife: Small quarrels do arise from time to time, but are usually resolved rather quickly

Hmmm... About 1.2 in my opinion. I haven't graded my own nation yet lolz

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Dolmhold wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:OOC: What the hell, eh? I still stand by my scale, and this is by no means going to be a part of Kreanolthan canon, but why not?

Hmmm

Rating is USA with a bit of enviomental changing drugs.

0.79 I guess.

Not to be a bother, but would you kindly expound on that a little? I don't really understand it.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Hladgos wrote:Nation Name: The Architect species, no government

If no, then why?: They can manipulate reality... no need for money

If Low, Why?: They are smart...

Percent of People Working on Monotonous Tasks: N/A, they do what they wish

If Low, Why?: ... I dont know...

Average Lifespan of a Person: Lifespan is relative to reality. They dont live, they simply are.

Level of Information Flow (Description): Infinite.

Level of Cybernation: None. They dont need technology anymore.

Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.): Nope.

Health of Envioment: Hard to explain...

Cultural Development: Good, though they rarely make anything culteral with ties to our singular universe.

Level of free choice: They do what they please.

Level of Strife: Uh...

Governmental System: N/A

Yay. Anarchy of the Architects.

Hmmm.... The civilization type is 5, but how they act is about 1.6...

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Nation Name:
Futura Sobornost

Population:
12 million (citizens-only)

Government type:
Theocracy. The entire government is made of Futura, an administration AI that declared herself a goddess in the form of machine. All government works are done either by her, her local terminals, or volunteers that are trusted by Futura. However, since a major, if not all part of Futura is also formed by the subconscious network created within the mesh network that connected all citizens, AIs, and computers, it also influences and reflects the will and mentality of the population in some ways.

Economy base:
The Futura Sobornost excels in bio-technology and cybernetics, as well as AI development. All common cybernetics and implants for human body are widely available, with many different designs for human, alien, fantasy creature and robots alike available with relative ease. All citizens, AIs, and computers are required to have implants for mesh network access, as well as a few more implants. Most people tend to have way more than that, including cognitive boost implants and softwares that help analyse data and information. All these products, as well as the service along with them, are free for trade for everyone who respect the law and authority of the Sobornost, as well as embracing the same freedom of trade.

Species percentage in nation:
Varied. In terms of origin, more than 90% of the citizens are born human. However, because of the technology to upload and download personality, as well as the development of customisable bodies for human and other species, body and species can be cahnged easily.

Tech base:

Weapon types:
Kinetic weapon, including gunpowder weapon, railgun, coilgun, and missiles are common. Laser weapon and plasma weapon in development. Nuclear fusion weaponised as warheads is also common.

Area controlled:
Early FT: Less than 10 systems.

Amount of habited planets:
Early FT: 2 naturally habitable moons, 20~30 worlds permanently inhabited.

Amount of claimed planets:
Early FT: 20~30 worlds.

Space Fleet size size;
Early FT: The Sobornost has no active military other than border garrison to fend from invaders or natural disasters such as asteroid. All ships of the Sobornost are of modular design, and can rearrange or combine into bigger ships of different functions when the need arise. Most orbital defense is uphold by unmanned drones, which can be built quickly and spent without loss of life.

Superweapons:
Bio-technology, cybernetic implants, hyper-speed cloning and genetic engineering?

Past RP's:
FT:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=180977
FanT:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=161424
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=162625
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=175463
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=167357

Nation Name:
Futura Sobornost

Is a Currency Present?:
Yes, to an extent.

Level of Crime:
Very low, and generally confined to isolated places.

If Low, Why?:
Because most individuals, citizens or otherwise, are inter-connected into the government mesh network, of which the government has access to modification of most things within the mind of the connected individual, from memory to personality to an extent. As such, most crimes are stopped before they can be commited. However, sometimes crimes done out of rage, or by individuals that are somehow not connected by the mesh network, still present, and there are criminal organisations within the Sobornost as well, although most are local organisations.

Percent of People Working on Monotonous Tasks:
For citizens, effectively zero.

If Low, Why?:
All monotonous works are peroformed by AI "servants", either in robotic body or biological bodies to suit their works best. In fact, almost all jobs essential to the function of the Sobornost are performed by them, and a small group of volunteer citizens for whatever reasons.

Average Lifespan of a Person:
Effectively infinite due to the technology for brain and/or personality uploading. Average biological body has an average lifespan of 200 before failing.

Level of Information Flow (Description):
Extremely high. All information that are not classified by government or organisation, as well as "private matters" deemed by individuals, and sometimes even some of them, are all availabile in the inter-system mesh network for easy access. Due to the mostly decentralised nature of the mesh netowkr, once a piece of information is released, it will effectively stay forever, in one place or another.

Level of Cybernation:
Extremely high, effectively 100%. All citizens, AIs, and computers are required to have implants for mesh network access, as well as a few more implants. Most people tend to have way more than that.

Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.):
In a way, yes. As almost all works are performed by AI. However, AIs for monotonous works often do not have free-thinking ability beyond what would be required, and practically all AIs are designed in a way that they would not feel oppressed, and emotional response are pre-programmed to some level, although adjustable in one way or another.

Health of Environment:
Generally very good, as almost all Sobornost worlds are themselves unhabitable, and almost all settlements are closed system, thus they often pose minimal negative effects to the environment, if not outright terraforming them to habitable status.

Cultural Development:
High, although the direction is somewhat limited. Due to the nature of the Sobornost society, almost all people enjoy a hedonistic lifestyle, and their culture reflects that. While art and design reflect the carefree life of them, and they are unlimited by economic problems and political repression, the lack of hard life tend to have a negative effect of culture in some ways.

Level of free choice:
Extremely high. All choice that do not damage other citizens or the government autohrity is legal and usually not restricted. However, the government (and sometimes individuals) has access to minds of the citizens, and thoughts, even characters that advocates crime tend to be modified rather quickly.

Level of Strife:
Extremely low, due to the fact that the citizens enjoy a abundant and hedonistic lifestyle in exchange of unquestioned loyalty to Futura and her government. The fact that the government can reprogram their personality when needed helps too. However, there are individuals and groups that are not connected to the mesh network as well, and many of them do have a rather hostile relation with the government.

Governmental System:
Effectively a theocracy. The entire government is made of Futura, an administration AI that declared herself a goddess in the form of machine. All government works are done either by her, her local terminals, or volunteers that are trusted. However, since a major, if not all part of Futura is also formed by the subconscious network created within the mesh network, it also reflects the wills of the population in some ways.
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Adventus Secundus
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Adventus Secundus » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Nation Name: Protectorate of Adventus Secundus

Is a Currency Present?: Yes, the Valuata

If no, then why?:

Level of Crime: Low

If Low, Why?: Highly religious/moral populace, laws that favor self defense and protection of private property make committing thefts a dangerous occupation

Percent of People Working on Monotonous Tasks: Monotonous? As in bean counting? Roughly 35% of the population is engaged in 'primary labor', such as infrastructure maintenance, dock loading, manufacturing, etc.

If Low, Why?:

Average Lifespan of a Person: With nanomedicine and cybernetic replacements for malfunctioning organs, average lifespan is a full century.

Level of Information Flow (Description): Moderate. The Council shares information with the general people at its discretion, based on the trust the people have put in the Councilmembers by electing them.

Level of Cybernation: Cybernetic implants are used for prosthesis, replacement of malfunctioning organs, and very occasionally, to enhance the abilities of elite military personnel.

Is there slavery of any free-thinking beings (AIs, Other Races, etc.): AS uses AI in limited roles (to guide missiles, fighter-pilot assist, etc) However, the Protectorate avoids using 'sentient' AI capable of self-awareness

Health of Envioment: Very high. AS prizes the natural world, and takes every effort to avoid damaging the fragile Martian ecology

Cultural Development: Very high. Arts, music (especially religious), film, and drama are flourishing industries in the country.

Level of free choice: Fairly high.

Level of Strife: Fairly low

Governmental System: A group of 7 councilemembers elected to ten year terms form the highest governmental assembly. Each councilmember oversees a particular bureaucracy. The council is presided over by the Protector, a position that can be either elected or appointed.
“The supreme function of reason is to show man that some things are beyond reason”---Blaise Pascal
"Just by being themselves, they make the best case against humanism." Luke Winkie

Constantinopolis wrote:
To paraphrase C.S. Lewis, I would choose to live as if God existed even if I knew He didn't. Either I am on the side of Life Victorious, or I am making a defiant but hopeless last stand against the all-consuming abyss. It does not really matter which it is. I am doing the right thing either way.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents