NATION

PASSWORD

The Milky Way series RP group (PMT-PFT all species, open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 am

What did i miss this time?
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:32 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:What did i miss this time?

Neros and Miehm got warned.
Last edited by Daskoxian on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Earth Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Empire » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:33 am

I will wait. Thanks for the links.
You are an Ordoliberal. 1 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 82 percent are more extremist than you.
    Cosmopolitan 4%
    Fundamentalist 27%
    Reactionary 20%
    Authoritarian 14%
    Capitalistic 24%
    Militaristic 34%
    Anthropocentric 17%
You are a centrist moderate social authoritarian.
Right: 0.66, Authoritarian: 1.34

We all bleed red

Sythyn
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sythyn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:37 am

Daskoxian wrote:But FanT is also prone to similar sorts of wanking, no?

Any tech is prone to wank, it's not black and white though FT seem to have the most prominent tech for it given a majority of NSers have that a little bit of scientific geek in them (myself not excluded). Given the prevalent trend of more and more futuristic games being released, surely this can or will concede to trigger an influx of newcomers into FT scale. I don't see fantasy genre have alot of players anyway (as in per II but i noted there are fantasy-themed groups like Ceaden).

Anyway putting that ramble aside, I do hope peeps know the differences between wide and tall empires, and having a large empire may prove a world of hurt just to think the plausible consequences and the full implications (not to mention ramifications) of playing as such. Every point of strength have its own flaw, and it's just a matter of time for a clever opponent to exploit it. I'm not trying to decide your empire size, no no. Just hope you can understand how hard it is to think of such scale, and the potential problems associated with it like the simple border problem. Empire A have a lot of ships and a large border. This at a glance can be seen that Empire A is indeed more powerful than its less unfortunate cousin, say Empire B that have only a handful of systems and a handful of ships.

Now, space as it is very huge and Empire A cannot have all of its ships everywhere at once as it would thin out its force too thin to stop a dedicated and persistent attacker from breaking into specific weakpoints of the empire's borders. The clever Empire B then would use this to its advantage, by collecting information on Empire A's weak points even though it's clearly militarily disadvantaged in terms of numbers. Depending on how clever Empire B, much damage can be done toward Empire A, like inciting rebellions, causing losses than profit from interstellar trade, or even breaking Empire A into multiple smaller splinter factions that are infused with Empire B propaganda to shoot each other while turning a blind eye to the real puppeteer. Anyhow end rant, and I know i'm being ironic to bring this up in this thread even though there are far more suitable thread listed on my sig for it. :p

Yeah, waiting for hlad to come online. :(
“What and who am I? What is my purpose, what is the meaning of my existence? Why am I alive?”
“The future battlefield shall be dominated by one weapon. And that is you, and your sole purpose, Commander.”
FT Resources
[FT Argument Thread][The State of Galaxy - MWG][FT Advice Thread]

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:44 am

Sythyn wrote:
Daskoxian wrote:But FanT is also prone to similar sorts of wanking, no?

Any tech is prone to wank, it's not black and white though FT seem to have the most prominent tech for it given a majority of NSers have that a little bit of scientific geek in them (myself not excluded). Given the prevalent trend of more and more futuristic games being released, surely this can or will concede to trigger an influx of newcomers into FT scale. I don't see fantasy genre have alot of players anyway (as in per II but i noted there are fantasy-themed groups like Ceaden).

Anyway putting that ramble aside, I do hope peeps know the differences between wide and tall empires, and having a large empire may prove a world of hurt just to think the plausible consequences and the full implications (not to mention ramifications) of playing as such. Every point of strength have its own flaw, and it's just a matter of time for a clever opponent to exploit it. I'm not trying to decide your empire size, no no. Just hope you can understand how hard it is to think of such scale, and the potential problems associated with it like the simple border problem. Empire A have a lot of ships and a large border. This at a glance can be seen that Empire A is indeed more powerful than its less unfortunate cousin, say Empire B that have only a handful of systems and a handful of ships.

Now, space as it is very huge and Empire A cannot have all of its ships everywhere at once as it would thin out its force too thin to stop a dedicated and persistent attacker from breaking into specific weakpoints of the empire's borders. The clever Empire B then would use this to its advantage, by collecting information on Empire A's weak points even though it's clearly militarily disadvantaged in terms of numbers. Depending on how clever Empire B, much damage can be done toward Empire A, like inciting rebellions, causing losses than profit from interstellar trade, or even breaking Empire A into multiple smaller splinter factions that are infused with Empire B propaganda to shoot each other while turning a blind eye to the real puppeteer. Anyhow end rant, and I know i'm being ironic to bring this up in this thread even though there are far more suitable thread listed on my sig for it. :p

Yeah, waiting for hlad to come online. :(

What I meant was that FanT and FT have no clear upper limits compared to MT, PT, and PMT, where a wank would be more obvious than the first two.
Nice rant, by the way.

Sythyn
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sythyn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:57 am

Daskoxian wrote:What I meant was that FanT and FT have no clear upper limits compared to MT, PT, and PMT, where a wank would be more obvious than the first two.
Nice rant, by the way.

Oh, sorry for misinterpreting your statement, apologies mate. Well the issue of large and small had been brought up in FT many times before, and if you know you can handle it well on playing a large empire, then by all means do it as you wish. Just note on my previous point that every bit of advantage have its own caveats and tradeoffs, otherwise it would be quite wankish i.e you have a superinvincible ship that cannot be killed or massive warfleets that can bombard planets as if they're nothing more than a crumpled paper with no consequences whatsoever.

Now if you deduce correctly of my not so coherent line of thoughts here, you can see why newcomers with supposedly large empires from the start tend to get shunned by certain FT communities (not pointing any fingers here) as the current trend with them (analyzed by my pseudo-valid thoughts :P) tend to show them incapable of using their numerical advantage proper or roleplaying the full consequences and implications of having a huge empire. That's also a reason I've made a request for Hlad to actually check the posting history of applicants before accepting them, to see their current capabilities whether justify their lolhueg claim or not. If you cannot fly an airplane proper but decided to do it anyway, the end result won't be favourable.

EDIT : bad grammar :(
Last edited by Sythyn on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
“What and who am I? What is my purpose, what is the meaning of my existence? Why am I alive?”
“The future battlefield shall be dominated by one weapon. And that is you, and your sole purpose, Commander.”
FT Resources
[FT Argument Thread][The State of Galaxy - MWG][FT Advice Thread]

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:03 am

FT Is stuff After 2100 is what is see. FanTech is a total disregard for the most basic laws of the universe.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:08 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:FT Is stuff After 2100 is what is see. FanTech is a total disregard for the most basic laws of the universe.

FanTech is traditional fantasy fiction based magic and tech and encompass everything from Chinese folklore to Steam Punk. Diesel Punk sits on the line between FanTech and PMT ideas being applied to PT.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:11 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:FT Is stuff After 2100 is what is see. FanTech is a total disregard for the most basic laws of the universe.

That we know of. ;)

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:14 am

Daskoxian wrote:

That we know of. ;)

Exactly. Though i really doubt Many if any of those laws will be disprove in our lifetime

T.V,: This just in. Billy is the first dog to make a round trip of the solar system in under 10 seconds

Me: ... Ok...
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:18 am

Daskoxian wrote:
Mini Miehm wrote:
No.

FT is probably the segment of NS most opposed to techwanking. All of our gameplay hinges to a much greater degree on cooperation, compared to MT or PMT, or even PT or FanT. If we pointlessly inflate our own capabilities, we become guilty of attempting to win at Nationstates, which ruins the game for everyone.

But FanT is also prone to similar sorts of wanking, no?

Sometimes. Most FanT is organized in communities with a linked mythology. Wanking is trickier when everyone has the same base to work with.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Don't reward the trolls.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:23 am

Daskoxian wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:What did i miss this time?

Neros and Miehm got warned.

Worth it. Needed to be said to stop from negating all the work we're putting into this group.

Don't reward the trolls.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:24 am

Not gonna ask...Anyway Guess what i figured out a few days ago? Theoretical sciences are very fun to discuses.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:51 am

Mini Miehm wrote:
Daskoxian wrote:Neros and Miehm got warned.

Worth it. Needed to be said to stop from negating all the work we're putting into this group.

The RP's he posted aren't that bad... except for the run-on sentences everywhere and the tech base he posted in his app.

Casl
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Casl » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:14 pm

So!!!!!

Hows life and stuff.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Daskoxian wrote:
Mini Miehm wrote:

The RP's he posted aren't that bad... except for the run-on sentences everywhere and the tech base he posted in his app.

And you've never interacted with him OOC. Trust me. It needed to be said.

Don't reward the trolls.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Mini Miehm wrote:
Daskoxian wrote:The RP's he posted aren't that bad... except for the run-on sentences everywhere and the tech base he posted in his app.

He's an ass in OOC. See the last few pages, now known as the Neros vs. Nations-with-"Terran"-in-Their-Names saga.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:28 pm

Sedgistan wrote:
Mini Miehm wrote:He's not a Terran nation. He is a functional moron, and one of the worst people to interact with on the entire website. To whit, he is the standard of BAD in the general FT community. I would advise excising his brand of ineptness before its given a chance to take hold. I've been dealing with it for something like seven years, and he was a joke even then.

Mini Miehm wrote:

Sythyn's talking about Neros. I'm talking about you. To whatever extent my opinion carries wait in this group, which may not be much based on some of the applications that have been accepted, I am entirely against your being permitted to join, as you have the potential to entirely undo the good work that I and others have put in to improve their RP.

*** Warned for flaming. ***

And now I'm going to look through what is going on. I'm kicking people from the group if this happens again.
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:29 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:
Mini Miehm wrote:

He's an ass in OOC. See the last few pages, now known as the Neros vs. Nations-with-"Terran"-in-Their-Names saga.

Who is, by the way? Neros, Miehm, or Terran?
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:30 pm

Len Hyet wrote:snip

Accepted.

Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:32 pm

Saurisisia wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:

Neros was being an ass to Miehm and Telros.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:
Saurisisia wrote:

Neros was being an ass to Miehm and Telros.

Then he's had his warning. Once more and he's gone. Also Miehm has been warned as well.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Earth Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Empire » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:38 pm

I don't know if you saw this mr hlad so I'll paste it again

(all of these are FT only tell me If you need all time periods)

Nation name: The Empire of Capella

Population: 3.4 Trillion 

Government type: Empire

Economy base: Mining, soon to become massive at trading

Species percentage in nation: 81% Human, 19% mixed intelligent aliens 

Tech base: legend of the galactic heroes (basically strength in numbers with no shields, on lasers) moving into star wars tech base

Weapon types: Lasers, heavy lasers, Ground forces use laser weapons as well

Area controlled: 465 star systems

Amount of habited planets: only 287 (but are terraformed perfectly)

Amount of claimed planets: 1,230

Space Fleet size size: approx. 4 million warships
Capitol ships: 500k
Frigates: (more like battleships) 3.5 million
Mechanical details
Length: 624 metres
Width: 65 metres
Height: 136 metres
Armament: 8 forward cannons; 14 port cannons; 14 starboard cannons

Bombers/starfighters: 8 million
Drones: 5 million

Superweapons: Artemis necklace-http://gineipaedia.com/wiki/Artemis_Necklace

Iserlohn fortress-http://gineipaedia.com/wiki/Iserlohn_Fortress

Past RP's:  a few that I was very active in but closed
You are an Ordoliberal. 1 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 82 percent are more extremist than you.
    Cosmopolitan 4%
    Fundamentalist 27%
    Reactionary 20%
    Authoritarian 14%
    Capitalistic 24%
    Militaristic 34%
    Anthropocentric 17%
You are a centrist moderate social authoritarian.
Right: 0.66, Authoritarian: 1.34

We all bleed red

Vetega
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:39 pm

I always miss the good stuff!
Member of GESO

DefCon Level: DefCon 1
1: Total War
2: Mobilization of forces.
3: Standby/Advance Intelligence Protocols
4: Recognition of Conflict/Embargo's and other non-violent threats
5: Peacetime

Donald Trump is evil. He must burn.
See with your mind's eye what your eyes cannot see.
'War is in our blood. It's a part of Vetegan history. We cannot escape who we are, so we've learned to embrace it. Now look at us, the Triumvirate is one the most powerful nations on this world. You can't say we didn't achieve anything else of value now.' -Supreme Commander Izon Destraud the Second

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Earth Empire wrote:snip

Accepted.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents