NATION

PASSWORD

The Milky Way series RP group (PMT-PFT all species, open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:20 am

Kreanoltha wrote:
Sythyn wrote:Protip : Although we're all here on NS to have fun, I'd like for the OP to check the applicant post history first to make a sound judgement before accepting new applications. Tedious I know, but well either that or you can always try to help the newish applicants (if they need it) for how the things work. It would be good if a sense of quality is maintained over this group though I'm not advocating the formation of cadre of elites or cliched cliques, just ask that the new RPs made by all these new influx of applicants are readable, have an actual point or plot, and engaging enough to read.

That is what Telros, Red Talons, and Mini Miehm are trying to do in the IRC. Not to goad the mods, but I find it a bit upsetting that he gets a warning after Neros spends more posts essentially trolling the two nations that are trying to tell him that they're based off of Starcraft's Terran Federation rather then generic Terrans. I appreciate the work they did helping me to get my nation on the right track. I'm not done yet, but they've helped me. Neros has just been trolling and being a general ass. Honestly, if Miehm was flaming Neros he earned it. Telros should get a couple of free flames out of the deal too.

I thought my post was hilarious.

It's even funnier when the mods knowingly see it and get someone else for Flaming.

But really, I don't have a problem with Earth Terra, Terra Incognita, Starcraft Terrans, Holy Terra, The United States of Terra, Terra Belle, Canberra, or Cranberries. I just made a snarky about "wow, we have another terran nation". I don't give a fuck if you cry about "oh but we're so different", that's fine. We have every type of Terran political system and that's what I comment about.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:28 am

Neros wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:
That is what Telros, Red Talons, and Mini Miehm are trying to do in the IRC. Not to goad the mods, but I find it a bit upsetting that he gets a warning after Neros spends more posts essentially trolling the two nations that are trying to tell him that they're based off of Starcraft's Terran Federation rather then generic Terrans. I appreciate the work they did helping me to get my nation on the right track. I'm not done yet, but they've helped me. Neros has just been trolling and being a general ass. Honestly, if Miehm was flaming Neros he earned it. Telros should get a couple of free flames out of the deal too.

I thought my post was hilarious.

It's even funnier when the mods knowingly see it and get someone else for Flaming.

But really, I don't have a problem with Earth Terra, Terra Incognita, Starcraft Terrans, Holy Terra, The United States of Terra, Terra Belle, Canberra, or Cranberries. I just made a snarky about "wow, we have another terran nation". I don't give a fuck if you cry about "oh but we're so different", that's fine. We have every type of Terran political system and that's what I comment about.

Snarky is one thing. Trolling is another.

EDIT: To clarify, you sounded more like trolling than snark.
Last edited by Kreanoltha on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:42 am

Kreanoltha wrote:
Neros wrote:I thought my post was hilarious.

No no no, my first comment on the entire Terran business. From then on, it became a troll because you and Telros took so much offense to it, it would have been unpatriotic not to.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:49 am

Neros wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:

No no no, my first comment on the entire Terran business. From then on, it became a troll because you and Telros took so much offense to it, it would have been unpatriotic not to.

Look, your first one was nothing more than flamebait, pure and simply. What other reaction would you expect when you basically say, "Your nation is an unoriginal clone," to someone as your introduction to them?
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.

Earth Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Empire » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:51 am

Um.. Is this closed?
You are an Ordoliberal. 1 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 82 percent are more extremist than you.
    Cosmopolitan 4%
    Fundamentalist 27%
    Reactionary 20%
    Authoritarian 14%
    Capitalistic 24%
    Militaristic 34%
    Anthropocentric 17%
You are a centrist moderate social authoritarian.
Right: 0.66, Authoritarian: 1.34

We all bleed red

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:53 am

Earth Empire wrote:Um.. Is this closed?

You're welcome to apply.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Earth Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Empire » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:54 am

Cool, one thing though, what early ft, ft and Pft?
You are an Ordoliberal. 1 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 82 percent are more extremist than you.
    Cosmopolitan 4%
    Fundamentalist 27%
    Reactionary 20%
    Authoritarian 14%
    Capitalistic 24%
    Militaristic 34%
    Anthropocentric 17%

We all bleed red

Earth Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Empire » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:55 am

Almost 100% of the time I work from my Mobile so excuse the weird changes from spellcheck
    Cosmopolitan 4%
    Fundamentalist 27%
    Reactionary 20%
    Authoritarian 14%
    Capitalistic 24%
    Militaristic 34%
    Anthropocentric 17%

We all bleed red

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:58 am

Earth Empire wrote:Cool, one thing though, what early ft, ft and Pft?

Think, Firefly->Battlestar Galactica->The Time Lords from Dr. Who. It's cool. The app will be on the front page. Just in general the only thing we ask is to keep your tech reasonable, be mature when you post, follow the Code of Bro, and don't invoke the ire of the mods.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Earth Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Empire » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:04 am

Haha sorry, I'm not trying to be a pain but I still don't get it.
    Cosmopolitan 4%
    Fundamentalist 27%
    Reactionary 20%
    Authoritarian 14%
    Capitalistic 24%
    Militaristic 34%
    Anthropocentric 17%

We all bleed red

Earth Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Empire » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:06 am

Ohhhhh never mind, I saw his post about them, theyre just time periods. Do we just choose one then?
    Cosmopolitan 4%
    Fundamentalist 27%
    Reactionary 20%
    Authoritarian 14%
    Capitalistic 24%
    Militaristic 34%
    Anthropocentric 17%

We all bleed red

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:07 am

Nation Name: Len Hyet

Population: 532,000,000,000 (approximate numbers)

Government type: Constitutional Empire

Economy base: Natural Resources, Slave Trade

Species percentage in nation: 55% Human, 32% Orions, 13% other assorted species

Tech base: A neat little blend of Star Wars, Warhammer 40K, HALO, and my own twisted imagination

Weapon types: Plasma, Ion, Particle, Projectile, Nuclear, Thermonuclear, Hydrogen, Dark Matter

Area controlled: Three hundred and four Star Systems

Amount of habited planets: 632

Amount of claimed planets: (in addition to habited) 465

Space Fleet size size;
Capitol ships: 1438
Frigates: 2451
Bombers/starfighters: 10,453
Drones: 50,326

Superweapons: Hypermissiles, ThermoNuclear MAC, Dark Matter IPSM, "Blue Rinse" Biological Tracer

Past RP's: Some of you may know me as Spetznaz Assault Teams
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=154354
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:07 am

Neros wrote:Not at all, that guy just got supreme butthurt when I say we had another Terran nation like I offended his pride or something. Like I took a dish towel, rubbed between my asscrack and washed his mother's face with it. It was embarrassing and unbelievable how hurt he was anally. The German's could launch V2 Rockets from his poopshoot after the rectal pain he endured simply because I said we had more Terran nations than before. The Mars Lander would be in awe of the speed and trajectory of his anal anguish and Vlad the Impaler would not even consider using his horrifying tactics on that poor mans' sphincter because the pain he was already enduring was far, far worse than anything he could of done. Hiroshima was in absolute shock at the level of the butthurt he was sustaining that they forgot about their bombing.

In short, he was surpemely booty bothered by a simple statement.

*** Warned for flamebaiting ***

Any further posts you want looked at, report in the Moderation forum.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:09 am

Earth Empire wrote:Haha sorry, I'm not trying to be a pain but I still don't get it.

Generally everyone has their preferred time period. Most are setup for general FT. You just modify your stuff on the fly for the other ones. TBH, PFT is just an excuse to let techwanking tendancies out. It's sort of like hitting a bar after a game.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:10 am

Sedgistan wrote:
Neros wrote:Not at all, that guy just got supreme butthurt when I say we had another Terran nation like I offended his pride or something. Like I took a dish towel, rubbed between my asscrack and washed his mother's face with it. It was embarrassing and unbelievable how hurt he was anally. The German's could launch V2 Rockets from his poopshoot after the rectal pain he endured simply because I said we had more Terran nations than before. The Mars Lander would be in awe of the speed and trajectory of his anal anguish and Vlad the Impaler would not even consider using his horrifying tactics on that poor mans' sphincter because the pain he was already enduring was far, far worse than anything he could of done. Hiroshima was in absolute shock at the level of the butthurt he was sustaining that they forgot about their bombing.

Thank you. We'll be sure to.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:12 am

Len Hyet wrote:Nation Name: Len Hyet

Population: 532,000,000,000 (approximate numbers)

Government type: Constitutional Empire

Economy base: Natural Resources, Slave Trade

Species percentage in nation: 55% Human, 32% Orions, 13% other assorted species

Tech base: A neat little blend of Star Wars, Warhammer 40K, HALO, and my own twisted imagination

Weapon types: Plasma, Ion, Particle, Projectile, Nuclear, Thermonuclear, Hydrogen, Dark Matter

Area controlled: Three hundred and four Star Systems

Amount of habited planets: 632

Amount of claimed planets: (in addition to habited) 465

Space Fleet size size;
Capitol ships: 1438
Frigates: 2451
Bombers/starfighters: 10,453
Drones: 50,326

Superweapons: Hypermissiles, ThermoNuclear MAC, Dark Matter IPSM, "Blue Rinse" Biological Tracer

Past RP's: Some of you may know me as Spetznaz Assault Teams
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=154354

Huhhhh... I'm going to leave this one to Hlad.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:34 am

Sedgistan wrote:

That took far longer than usual. Okay, I'll stop..

Earth Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Empire » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:52 am

(all of these are FT only tell me If you need all time periods)

Nation name: The Empire of Capella

Population: 3.4 Trillion 

Government type: Empire

Economy base: Mining, soon to become massive at trading

Species percentage in nation: 81% Human, 19% mixed intelligent aliens 

Tech base: legend of the galactic heroes (basically strength in numbers with no shields, on lasers) moving into star wars tech base

Weapon types: Lasers, heavy lasers, Ground forces use laser weapons as well

Area controlled: 465 star systems

Amount of habited planets: only 287 (but are terraformed perfectly)

Amount of claimed planets: 1,230

Space Fleet size size: approx. 4 million warships
Capitol ships: 500k
Frigates: (more like battleships) 3.5 million
Mechanical details
Length: 624 metres
Width: 65 metres
Height: 136 metres
Armament: 8 forward cannons; 14 port cannons; 14 starboard cannons

Bombers/starfighters: 8 million
Drones: 5 million

Superweapons: Artemis necklace-http://gineipaedia.com/wiki/Artemis_Necklace

Iserlohn fortress-http://gineipaedia.com/wiki/Iserlohn_Fortress

Past RP's:  a few that I was very active in but closed
    Cosmopolitan 4%
    Fundamentalist 27%
    Reactionary 20%
    Authoritarian 14%
    Capitalistic 24%
    Militaristic 34%
    Anthropocentric 17%

We all bleed red

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:27 am

Kreanoltha wrote:
Earth Empire wrote:Haha sorry, I'm not trying to be a pain but I still don't get it.

Generally everyone has their preferred time period. Most are setup for general FT. You just modify your stuff on the fly for the other ones. TBH, PFT is just an excuse to let techwanking tendancies out. It's sort of like hitting a bar after a game.

I thought all of FT was techwanking.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:30 am

Daskoxian wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:

No.

FT is probably the segment of NS most opposed to techwanking. All of our gameplay hinges to a much greater degree on cooperation, compared to MT or PMT, or even PT or FanT. If we pointlessly inflate our own capabilities, we become guilty of attempting to win at Nationstates, which ruins the game for everyone.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Don't reward the trolls.

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:35 am

Mini Miehm wrote:
Daskoxian wrote:...

No.

FT is probably the segment of NS most opposed to techwanking. All of our gameplay hinges to a much greater degree on cooperation, compared to MT or PMT, or even PT or FanT. If we pointlessly inflate our own capabilities, we become guilty of attempting to win at Nationstates, which ruins the game for everyone.

But FanT is also prone to similar sorts of wanking, no?

Earth Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Empire » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:37 am

Does anyone know where the ic for this is?
    Cosmopolitan 4%
    Fundamentalist 27%
    Reactionary 20%
    Authoritarian 14%
    Capitalistic 24%
    Militaristic 34%
    Anthropocentric 17%

We all bleed red

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:39 am

Earth Empire wrote:Does anyone know where the ic for this is?

We have some RP's going. One of them's on the first post and the other two or three are buried somewhere in this thread.

Earth Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Empire » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:45 am

What's the best one do far? And whats the newest?
    Cosmopolitan 4%
    Fundamentalist 27%
    Reactionary 20%
    Authoritarian 14%
    Capitalistic 24%
    Militaristic 34%
    Anthropocentric 17%

We all bleed red

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:55 am

Newest
Two more: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195181 and
viewtopic.php?p=10436459#p10436459

Though you do have to wait until Hlad comes back and accepts your app.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents