NATION

PASSWORD

The Milky Way series RP group (PMT-PFT all species, open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Mini Miehm wrote:
Daskoxian wrote:Generally, it happens after anywhere from one to three pages of luncheon meat.

I move that we simply stop giving warnings, and start talking to the mods. This is becoming severely trying. And my patience is limited at best.

So, is your RP open now? Also, I'm not sure what else to do about the spam. We've posted links to mibbits a lot, and there's always TGs. I don't see why people seem to think that this thread is the best place for off-topic discussions. If you really want to do it on NS then take it to F7 damn it! :evil:

Also, yo, Hlad, are our characters still talking in AitD? :?:
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Its been open. Set me up a convoy or somesuch and I'll jump it.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Don't reward the trolls.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Mini Miehm wrote:Its been open. Set me up a convoy or somesuch and I'll jump it.

Cool. Got a link? I don't remember what page it's on. I thought a bookmarked it, but it seems to be missing.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:
Mini Miehm wrote:Its been open. Set me up a convoy or somesuch and I'll jump it.

Cool. Got a link? I don't remember what page it's on. I thought a bookmarked it, but it seems to be missing.

Tablet.

Don't reward the trolls.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Mini Miehm wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:

Tablet.

Ah. I can dig it out then.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:53 pm

You know, I understand you people frown upon the occasional off-topic chat, and I'm sorry that we caused one of these deviations, but there is no need to be so hostile and drastic about it.

I personally don't use IRC much because, well, I'm not really active enough to chat in that way, I found it neat and fun to have little discussion and chats with fellow members of this group, and goof off a bit, and it is not like these chats blot out all relevant RP information, in fact, without it, this thread is much less active. I've never known of anyone getting in trouble for 'derailing' threads like these. I have in threads where there is rapid, active discussion of a specific topic [Politics, world events, etc], but this has no defined subject.

In fact, nowhere in the OP does it say you cannot discuss things that are not on the topic of.. well.. one of the many RPs.. some of which have OOC's of their own. Unless you consider that spam, to which I have nothing more to say.
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

The canardian republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The canardian republic » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:55 pm

how long has it benn open?!?
"Not our body and our muscles make us strong. It is our will to survive, to defend our family and the ability to love. Those are the things which make us even stronger than everything else. THIS is strength! No computer, intergalactic race or animal will defeat the zakesh race as long as we have this fires in our hearts burning!"
quote from Zer'kesh the defender.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Basically the entire time. Post a convoy, I'll murder it.

Don't reward the trolls.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:55 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:You know, I understand you people frown upon the occasional off-topic chat, and I'm sorry that we caused one of these deviations, but there is no need to be so hostile and drastic about it.

I personally don't use IRC much because, well, I'm not really active enough to chat in that way, I found it neat and fun to have little discussion and chats with fellow members of this group, and goof off a bit, and it is not like these chats blot out all relevant RP information, in fact, without it, this thread is much less active. I've never known of anyone getting in trouble for 'derailing' threads like these. I have in threads where there is rapid, active discussion of a specific topic [Politics, world events, etc], but this has no defined subject.

In fact, nowhere in the OP does it say you cannot discuss things that are not on the topic of.. well.. one of the many RPs.. some of which have OOC's of their own. Unless you consider that spam, to which I have nothing more to say.

*Yawn* Morning Drone. Turns out I'm very good at comprehending Theoretical sciences.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:03 am

Hladgos wrote:
Post War America wrote:.

Accepted.

Danke.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Sri Tschow
Minister

Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:06 am

Danke? Warum sagst du Danke? Ich dinke das du bist ein gross, boese, FT nation, ein *idkwhatthegermanwordforthreatis*.
"Asking NSG about military strategy is like asking Stephen Hawking about running hurdles."~Blazedtown

"There is no fixing the world. There is just making it suck a little less."~Corsca

"Humans fight to the last. When all hope is lost, when everything stands to be taken? That's when they fight the hardest. I see no reason not to continue that tradition."~The Emerald Legion

"Capitalism is a petrol station with unreasonably priced drinks on the highway to utopia."~Forster Keys
Economic Left|Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian|Authoritarian: -6.87
Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

Sythyn
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sythyn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:08 am

New thread is up! viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=5&t=195772&p=10593375#p10593375

Basically, the thread premise is the main commander of Code Protocol 45#291 decided to explore a planet on foot and it bursted several brief transmission telling it's there. Tactically unwise i know, but it's bored of waiting and hiding so there you go. I expect no random appearances without a sensible reason, and no lolhueg fleets, it's just a random encounter thread. Right now i don't know where the thread will lead to but there is a plenty of interaction available with the Sythyn Commander there if you played your cards right. For further details, contact me on #mws irc chan or TG, to avoid cluttering this thread!
Last edited by Sythyn on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
“What and who am I? What is my purpose, what is the meaning of my existence? Why am I alive?”
“The future battlefield shall be dominated by one weapon. And that is you, and your sole purpose, Commander.”
FT Resources
[FT Argument Thread][The State of Galaxy - MWG][FT Advice Thread]

The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:50 am

Nation Name: The United Terran Alliance

Population: 2,520,230,000,000

Government type: Inter-system Federal Republic with direct democratic involvement in planetary scale politics

Economy base: Post scarcity economic system

Species percentage in nation: 40% Terran (Human) 15% Anthromophic beings and alines, 10% sapient symbiont bacterium, 15% SI1-6 Artafical intelligences

Tech base: High tech- ultra tech

Weapon types: Energy Weapons: Displacers( Disruptive coherent energy weapons that convert matter to energy on contact) Multi-frequancy lasers. (microwave- gamma-ray spectrum)
Kinetic: Tau lepton particle beams, guided relativistic kill missiles
High Yield explosive: Point Singularity missiles, Variable yield Advanced Antimatter missiles, Metric Torpedoes with various warheads, varible kinds of mines.

Area controlled: The Terran Alliance is spread around the galaxy controlling several systems in all corners of the milkyway.

Amount of inhabited planets: 10 core systems , 12 Inner colonies, 13 outer colonies , 16 minor outposts and research outposts

Amount of claimed planets: 51 in total

Space Fleet size size: 10,400
Capitol ships:5200
Frigates: 5200
Bombers/starfighters:N/A
Drones: many

Super weapons:
Peace Keeper class Super Dreadnoughts: (2 active 4 under construction)
Twin mounted spinal displacer cannons
Umbra singularity emitters*
High yield Point singularity missiles*
Midway Class Command Dreadnoughts: ( 15 active, 15 under construction, 10 more planned)
Spinal mounted displacer cannons
Ares class Strike Cruisers ( 8 active, 20 under construction, 110 planned)
Spinal mounted displacer cannon- ( Significantly lower yield than versions found on command and super drednoughts)

( *Indicates deployment by presidential authority only, ** Indicates a ship is equipped with those weapon systems in rare instances.)

Past RP's:
Here
Here
And here
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:06 am

Another Terran Nation. Where's that one guy who tried to convince me we didn't have anymore than 2 Terran Nations?

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:08 am

Neros wrote:Another Terran Nation. Where's that one guy who tried to convince me we didn't have anymore than 2 Terran Nations?

*shrugs*

Is it really that problematic though? This guy looks like he's pretty good..
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:02 am

The Drone Empire wrote:
Neros wrote:Another Terran Nation. Where's that one guy who tried to convince me we didn't have anymore than 2 Terran Nations?

*shrugs*

Not at all, that guy just got supreme butthurt when I say we had another Terran nation like I offended his pride or something. Like I took a dish towel, rubbed between my asscrack and washed his mother's face with it. It was embarrassing and unbelievable how hurt he was anally. The German's could launch V2 Rockets from his poopshoot after the rectal pain he endured simply because I said we had more Terran nations than before. The Mars Lander would be in awe of the speed and trajectory of his anal anguish and Vlad the Impaler would not even consider using his horrifying tactics on that poor mans' sphincter because the pain he was already enduring was far, far worse than anything he could of done. Hiroshima was in absolute shock at the level of the butthurt he was sustaining that they forgot about their bombing.

In short, he was surpemely booty bothered by a simple statement.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:06 am

Neros wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:

*shrugs*

Not at all, that guy just got supreme butthurt when I say we had another Terran nation like I offended his pride or something. Like I took a dish towel, rubbed between my asscrack and washed his mother's face with it. It was embarrassing and unbelievable how hurt he was anally. The German's could launch V2 Rockets from his poopshoot after the rectal pain he endured simply because I said we had more Terran nations than before. The Mars Lander would be in awe of the speed and trajectory of his anal anguish and Vlad the Impaler would not even consider using his horrifying tactics on that poor mans' sphincter because the pain he was already enduring was far, far worse than anything he could of done. Hiroshima was in absolute shock at the level of the butthurt he was sustaining that they forgot about their bombing.

He's not a Terran nation. He is a functional moron, and one of the worst people to interact with on the entire website. To whit, he is the standard of BAD in the general FT community. I would advise excising his brand of ineptness before its given a chance to take hold. I've been dealing with it for something like seven years, and he was a joke even then.

Don't reward the trolls.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:09 am

Neros wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:

*shrugs*

Give it a rest dude. You've been bitching about Terran-based nations since the second one applied. And from the amount of tech-wank in his app, I'd disadvise his admission. Also, I've been in RPs with him before. He's pretty bad.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Sythyn
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sythyn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:13 am

Neros wrote:

Really mate? There wasn't a significant need to get as abrasive as that, yanno. Also..waiting for potential participants for my A Coded Silence thread. I run on Rule of Cool and Code of Bro, but there are fine lines there that I've made myself, as my own FT's etiquette (no one liners, etc). Well hope this can go well!
Last edited by Sythyn on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
“What and who am I? What is my purpose, what is the meaning of my existence? Why am I alive?”
“The future battlefield shall be dominated by one weapon. And that is you, and your sole purpose, Commander.”
FT Resources

The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:27 am

May I ask who you're all talking about?
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:30 am

The Fedral Union wrote:May I ask who you're all talking about?

Sythyn's talking about Neros. I'm talking about you. To whatever extent my opinion carries wait in this group, which may not be much based on some of the applications that have been accepted, I am entirely against your being permitted to join, as you have the potential to entirely undo the good work that I and others have put in to improve their RP.

Don't reward the trolls.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:36 am

Mini Miehm wrote:He's not a Terran nation. He is a functional moron, and one of the worst people to interact with on the entire website. To whit, he is the standard of BAD in the general FT community. I would advise excising his brand of ineptness before its given a chance to take hold. I've been dealing with it for something like seven years, and he was a joke even then.

Mini Miehm wrote:
The Fedral Union wrote:May I ask who you're all talking about?

Sythyn's talking about Neros. I'm talking about you. To whatever extent my opinion carries wait in this group, which may not be much based on some of the applications that have been accepted, I am entirely against your being permitted to join, as you have the potential to entirely undo the good work that I and others have put in to improve their RP.

*** Warned for flaming. ***

Sythyn
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sythyn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:47 am

Sedgistan, and what about Neros's post? That is highly inflammatory in its own right...

Well to avoid from derailing the point of the thread, Hladagos, update your OP..my app is accepted but my name isn't there? I sad :(

Protip : Although we're all here on NS to have fun, I'd like for the OP to check the applicant post history first to make a sound judgement before accepting new applications. Tedious I know, but well either that or you can always try to help the newish applicants (if they need it) for how the things work. It would be good if a sense of quality is maintained over this group though I'm not advocating the formation of cadre of elites or cliched cliques, just ask that the new RPs made by all these new influx of applicants are readable, have an actual point or plot, and engaging enough to read.
Last edited by Sythyn on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
FT Resources

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:52 am

Neros wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:

*shrugs*

Neros, it wasn't a simple statement, you gave a "oh wow, look another Terran nation" without really understanding or looking at the facts. For example, MM and I are Terrans from Starcraft, while the new applicant is using the name Terran, which is common scifi lingo for human. Also, nice amount of time of trying to be funny and failing. Next time, think and bother to read before bothering to type, before embarrassing yourself like this.

Ignorance is not a defense.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:58 am

Sythyn wrote:Protip : Although we're all here on NS to have fun, I'd like for the OP to check the applicant post history first to make a sound judgement before accepting new applications. Tedious I know, but well either that or you can always try to help the newish applicants (if they need it) for how the things work. It would be good if a sense of quality is maintained over this group though I'm not advocating the formation of cadre of elites or cliched cliques, just ask that the new RPs made by all these new influx of applicants are readable, have an actual point or plot, and engaging enough to read.

That is what Telros, Red Talons, and Mini Miehm are trying to do in the IRC. Not to goad the mods, but I find it a bit upsetting that he gets a warning after Neros spends more posts essentially trolling the two nations that are trying to tell him that they're based off of Starcraft's Terran Federation rather then generic Terrans. I appreciate the work they did helping me to get my nation on the right track. I'm not done yet, but they've helped me. Neros has just been trolling and being a general ass. Honestly, if Miehm was flaming Neros he earned it. Telros should get a couple of free flames out of the deal too.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents