NATION

PASSWORD

The Milky Way series RP group (PMT-PFT all species, open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Dolmhold wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:Uh... I have no numbers attached to my ships at all. It never seemed narrativelly important. Percentages are, but actual numbers never seemed important.

It wasn't an exact number, but a scale of power. My lasers fired the equivilent of the Tsar Bomba every goddamm second- that just seems like overkill now, and to think that I said it was for the starfighter-based lasers.

Another issue was that I was playing around with those numbers, but treated them and gave them the effect of weapons that had far less power. That really shouldn't be the case.

My weapons have speeds and masses attached to them, but I don't really know what sort of power I'd actually be playing with there. I just run it narrativelly.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:
Dolmhold wrote:
It wasn't an exact number, but a scale of power. My lasers fired the equivilent of the Tsar Bomba every goddamm second- that just seems like overkill now, and to think that I said it was for the starfighter-based lasers.

Another issue was that I was playing around with those numbers, but treated them and gave them the effect of weapons that had far less power. That really shouldn't be the case.

My weapons have speeds and masses attached to them, but I don't really know what sort of power I'd actually be playing with there. I just run it narrativelly.

Me as well, but only because I'm terrible with it and would probably make a laughingstock of myself.
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:20 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:

Me as well, but only because I'm terrible with it and would probably make a laughingstock of myself.

I could do it, but it would take the fun out of it, and then, it just turns into a numbers' contest to see who can turn the biggest numbers without incurring the wrath of the hardtech assholes so I just end up saying, "fucking blow me," to anyone who asks for calcs.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:

I could do it, but it would take the fun out of it, and then, it just turns into a numbers' contest to see who can turn the biggest numbers without incurring the wrath of the hardtech assholes so I just end up saying, "fucking blow me," to anyone who asks for calcs.

Yeah, I find description much more interesting.

If you bury something in layers of details, sometimes you don't need numbers, especially if your very careful with what you type..
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:29 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:

If you bury something in layers of details, sometimes you don't need numbers, especially if your very careful with what you type..

"Everything is highly classified, and all the witnesses are dead."
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Todlichebujoku wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:

XD

Not that tight, but so that you don't make any direct references to the subject of your post IF the subject influences others, like, say, a ship, I wouldn't say exactly what my weapons did to The Ship, but here's some slight insight on what it does to these things!

Then make it pretty. :P
Last edited by The Drone Empire on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<

Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:37 pm

Todlichebujoku wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:

They're all dead Dan.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Vetega
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:46 pm

A can of whoop ass shall be opened in TPC!
Member of GESO

DefCon Level: DefCon 1
1: Total War
2: Mobilization of forces.
3: Standby/Advance Intelligence Protocols
4: Recognition of Conflict/Embargo's and other non-violent threats
5: Peacetime

Donald Trump is evil. He must burn.
See with your mind's eye what your eyes cannot see.
'War is in our blood. It's a part of Vetegan history. We cannot escape who we are, so we've learned to embrace it. Now look at us, the Triumvirate is one the most powerful nations on this world. You can't say we didn't achieve anything else of value now.' -Supreme Commander Izon Destraud the Second

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Shower. Back in thirty.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:08 pm

You know, I do need to get my technology set in concrete. We're a warmongering race that is as robotic as it is racist (or speciesist in this case), of course we're going to have some terrific firepower and weaponry.

A quick question: Does any one even use ground and planetary warfare anymore, or is it all just space opera battles? I've been in off-site roleplays were either would be the case.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:09 pm

You don't need to update your status, you know, it's not like were going to start poking you to post..

Or will we? I'm still rather new to this OOC..
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<

Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:22 pm

THAT EXPLOSION WAS NON NUCLEAR.

Wasn't it a Particle acclerater....

...SHUT UP.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Neros wrote:You know, I do need to get my technology set in concrete. We're a warmongering race that is as robotic as it is racist (or speciesist in this case), of course we're going to have some terrific firepower and weaponry.

A quick question: Does any one even use ground and planetary warfare anymore, or is it all just space opera battles? I've been in off-site roleplays were either would be the case.

Depends on the tech level, I think.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Todlichebujoku wrote:
Neros wrote:You know, I do need to get my technology set in concrete. We're a warmongering race that is as robotic as it is racist (or speciesist in this case), of course we're going to have some terrific firepower and weaponry.

Depends on the tech level, I think.

We've had ground warfare in the TTC RP. It was good. Occasionally you don't want to destroy the planet you're fighting over. In PFT though... my ships kind of break ground warfare. I can individually target and destroy targets on the ground with my ships' weapons.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:39 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:
Todlichebujoku wrote:Depends on the tech level, I think.

We've had ground warfare in the TTC RP. It was good. Occasionally you don't want to destroy the planet you're fighting over. In PFT though... my ships kind of break ground warfare. I can individually target and destroy targets on the ground with my ships' weapons.

I guess PFT ground warfare is possible if all the ships are engaged above the planet.
早晨!ToBu for short.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Plus, planets are more valuable to us desolate and bare [Which is what happens after we bombard it] rather than covered in buildings and/or all of nature.
Last edited by The Drone Empire on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<

Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:52 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:Plus, planets are more valuable to us desolate and bare [Which is what happens after we bombard it] rather than covered in buildings and/or all of nature.

Ha, we have the same sort of mindset.

Lucantis
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucantis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Things are heating up.

And my mindset is to try to colonize and tame the native species in a way we coexist.. But some are just too dangerous.......

such as the moon, Pandora, in the Alpha Centauri Triple Star System. We never set foot there because we'd be outnumbered in a way and out armored (if that's a word) 'cause their bones are massively thick and hard (that's what she said :p ).
Last edited by Lucantis on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Lucantis on Wed Aug 8, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 999,999,999,999,999,999 times in total.

Defense condition of FRL
DEFCON 5: Normal readiness
DEFCON 4: Strengthened security measures
DEFCON 3: Increase in force readiness above than required for normal readiness
DEFCON 2: Further increase in force readiness, but less than maximum readiness
DEFCON 1: War is imminent.
OOC
Milky Way RPs that I'm involved in:
Triple Planet Campaign

Gar Akaru
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gar Akaru » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:09 pm

I always have some ground troops on ships, in case of ground landings. Or a large enough ship where tanks can actually fight. That would be awesome, tanks in space.
This message has been confirmed to have been sent by the Gar Akaru Ministry of Communications.

"I went home with a waitress, the way I always do, so how was I supposed to know that she was with the Dolmani too?"

Gar Akaru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gar Akaru » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Lucantis wrote:Things are heating up.

And my mindset is to try to colonize and tame the native species in a way we coexist.. But some are just too dangerous.......

such as the moon, Pandora, in the Alpha Centauri Triple Star System. We never set foot there because we'd be outnumbered in a way and out armored (if that's a word) 'cause their bones are massively thick and hard (that's what she said :p ).

I wonder where you got that from... :unsure:
This message has been confirmed to have been sent by the Gar Akaru Ministry of Communications.

"I went home with a waitress, the way I always do, so how was I supposed to know that she was with the Dolmani too?"

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Kreanolthan ships always carry soldiers in the event of boarding, or in case we need to actually put boots on the ground.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Gar Akaru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gar Akaru » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:16 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:Kreanolthan ships always carry soldiers in the event of boarding, or in case we need to actually put boots on the ground.

Same mindset exactly.

Gar Akaru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gar Akaru » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:17 pm

I love how people are completely ignoring me in the RPs...

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:17 pm

Lucantis wrote:Things are heating up.

How noble of you. Nerosians just don't care. If it's more aggressive than us, then it deserves to die. If it's passive, then it'll probably kill itself out in the long run, so we'll speed up the process. However, when it comes to space-faring races, they know better than to look down upon them. I'll probably write up some chalky quote about it, something along the lines of:

"That is the thing with those species who roam the stars; all species at that level are on an equal playing field for their most basic forms, because that is what has driven their race into the Heavens. Even on a technological scale, there is not an extreme disparity. The one thing that sets us apart however, is willpower."

Sounds like some National Socialist mumbo-jumbo.

Gar Akaru wrote:I love how people are completely ignoring me in the RPs...

What was that? Probably just the wind or something...

I haven't even joined one of the roleplays yet. 8)
Last edited by Neros on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Neros wrote:
I haven't even joined one of the roleplays yet. 8)

Neither have I, tbh.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents