NATION

PASSWORD

The Milky Way series RP group (PMT-PFT all species, open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gar Akaru
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gar Akaru » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:27 pm

Sorry for piping in so late, but on Miehm's app, "The tribute of vanquished foes" seems incredibly vague.
This message has been confirmed to have been sent by the Gar Akaru Ministry of Communications.

"I went home with a waitress, the way I always do, so how was I supposed to know that she was with the Dolmani too?"

Casl
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Casl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:35 pm

so

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:54 pm

Casl wrote:so

Don't spam. :p
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Casl
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Casl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:08 pm

YOU DONT EVEN BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Casl wrote:YOU DONT EVEN BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND

The question is: Do I want to?

Kidding, I'm not going to get involved with that.

On the topic of What-is-your-nation-based-off-of debate, I would probably say my nation is based on the Necrons from WH40K, simply because I like they way they look and their philosophy of "Flesh is weak, metal is strong" is a rough estimate of what Nerosian thought patterns are. I really need to get a thread together to compile this stuff.

And imagine those things coming at you in unrelenting numbers. Good lord.

No.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Neros wrote:
Casl wrote:YOU DONT EVEN BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND

The question is: Do I want to?

On the topic of What-is-your-nation-based-off-of debate, I would probably say my nation is based on the Necrons from WH40K, simply because I like they way they look and their philosophy of "Flesh is weak, metal is strong" is a rough estimate of what Nerosian thought patterns are. I really need to get a thread together to compile this stuff.

No.

PFT, no?
早晨!ToBu for short.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Gar Akaru wrote:Sorry for piping in so late, but on Miehm's app, "The tribute of vanquished foes" seems incredibly vague.

Our economy requires regular infusions of money from...acquisitions. Our economy is a little broken ATM.

EDIT: My app is completed. I'll probably be adding and expanding as time passes.
Last edited by Mini Miehm on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Don't reward the trolls.

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Todlichebujoku wrote:
Neros wrote:The question is: Do I want to?

No.
(Image)

PFT, no?

I'm thinking of making their race quite old, but some catastrophic war sent them into a very low-state as far as technology and alien classification goes. It'll help explain PMT timelines and their progression and rapid expansion towards PFT. A general idea of "getting back to where we once were", combined with their Darwinist view of things and their mechanical bodies makes for a very proficient race, yes?

Plus, I do like their appeal over other Robotic races, like Borg or something. I also like the idea of an Ancestral Race, pre-dating even the oldest of the current space faring races so I can pull "We're older, get out of the way" mentality to drive more roleplay dialogue.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:25 pm

Neros, the amount to which you misrepresent the necrons is traumatizing. The current goal of the Necrons is apotheosis, the reacquisition of their souls and mortal bodies. Lrn2lore.

Don't reward the trolls.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:41 pm

*knows nothing about WH4K. stays out of discussion* But seriously, I've always been a little interested in the Eldar. I did name my highest cast of vampires after them.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:*knows nothing about WH4K. stays out of discussion* But seriously, I've always been a little interested in the Eldar. I did name my highest cast of vampires after them.

Exarchs, Autarchs, Wrlocks, what?

Don't reward the trolls.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Mini Miehm wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:*knows nothing about WH4K. stays out of discussion* But seriously, I've always been a little interested in the Eldar. I did name my highest cast of vampires after them.

Exarchs, Autarchs, Wrlocks, what?

:blink: Sorry?
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Mini Miehm wrote:Neros, the amount to which you misrepresent the necrons is traumatizing. The current goal of the Necrons is apotheosis, the reacquisition of their souls and mortal bodies. Lrn2lore.

Excuse me, what?

Neros wrote:On the topic of What-is-your-nation-based-off-of debate, I would probably say my nation is based on the Necrons from WH40K, simply because I like they way they look and their philosophy of "Flesh is weak, metal is strong" is a rough estimate of what Nerosian thought patterns are.

You don't know shit about Necrons. They serve the C'tan, that is their only goal; to serve. The C'tan's goal is to consume everything. The Necrons lost their will power when they traded their very unstable bodies for metal husks, which the C'tan were able to manifest themselves in and guide them in warfare against the Old Ones. Act like I don't understand the War in Heaven and get slapped.

My nation isn't Necronian and it isn't copy pasted lore from Warhammer 40K. I'm only using pictures/philosophy of the Necrons because 1) It looks pretty cool and 2) It has a rough dynamic to it that matches up with my nations' belief system. It would be easier to say "Oh, it's like Necrons" rather than go into an in-depth psychological analysis on their current philosophical thought that would not be read/considered due to it's sheer length and rather bland taste to it.

You seem to be actively seeking arguments. Let's go then.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:30 pm

Go read the new codex. Then come back and talk shit to someone WHO PLAYS NECRONS IN TABLETOP. You are categorically incorrect in every facet of your post. Go look it up on the Lexicanum if you have to.

Don't reward the trolls.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Mini Miehm wrote:Go read the new codex. Then come back and talk shit to someone WHO PLAYS NECRONS IN TABLETOP. You are categorically incorrect in every facet of your post. Go look it up on the Lexicanum if you have to.

Calm down, children. We don't want redtext here.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Todlichebujoku wrote:
Mini Miehm wrote:Go read the new codex. Then come back and talk shit to someone WHO PLAYS NECRONS IN TABLETOP. You are categorically incorrect in every facet of your post. Go look it up on the Lexicanum if you have to.

Its emphasis, not shouting. Pontificating about lore that is understood that poorly is a pet peeve.

Don't reward the trolls.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Mini Miehm wrote:
Todlichebujoku wrote:Calm down, children. We don't want redtext here.

Its emphasis, not shouting. Pontificating about lore that is understood that poorly is a pet peeve.

As long as it stays civil...

Todlichebujoku wrote:

It's not spam, and it's fine so long as they keep it civil. Debating the merits of their techbase if okay. Bitching about it is not.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Well thank god that I play Tyranid and occasionally Tau, I would the floor with you and your old-timer race.

Get me a better argument as to why I'm wrong rather than "I play Necron and you're wrong". I'm looking for "I play Necron and your wrong because...."

Besides, Necrons DO think their machine bodies are much better than living flesh. Mostly because their previous bodies were crapsacks and would die off much earlier than other species, so they developed a mind set of hatred, specifically towards the Old Ones.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Youre wrong because the Necrons were retconned with the release of the new codex, and almost all of the Ctan were destroyed. The goal of Szarekh is to restore the Necrontyr to their mortal bodies.

I also have HILARIOUS antiswarm weapons now, making nids unscary. Tau don't really have enough strength to beat my armor saves, and my assault options would eat them alive.
Last edited by Mini Miehm on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't reward the trolls.

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Mini Miehm wrote:Youre wrong because the Necrons were retconned with the release of the new codex, and almost all of the Ctan were destroyed. The goal of Szarekh is to restore the Necrontyr to their mortal bodies.

I also have HILARIOUS antiswarm weapons now, making nids unscary. Tau don't really have enough strength to beat my armor saves, and my assault options would eat them alive.

You know what, you're actually right. I had thought the reason for the dwindling C'tan was because of their own feuds and civil strife that destroyed them, leaving only a few remaining. I haven't heard of Szarekh up to this point and it does make sense I suppose, since the Necrons were the pawns of the C'tan. You do know your shit.

Who needs the Swarm aspect when you just have massed Hive Tyrants, Broodlords, and an uncountable number of Genestealers? My Tau Heavy Assault Walker can rape your Monoliths and whatever else you want to put in front of it.

Wait, what kind of point-game we talking about?

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Newcrons are very shooty. Space Marines are about the only army on parvwith them right now. Just about any point army, I can wreck anything that moves. I have about 750 points worth, and its hard to match right now. If I add an Annie barge, or a Stalker, Id be in an excellent position. I really want to add a doomsday ark, for 72" large blast s9 ap2.

Don't reward the trolls.

Dolmhold
Minister

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Alright, next to die is my insane wanknumbers on the energy levels of my ships- they were unfortunately based off *What is the highest output and then scale down from it*, which at the time was planet-buster, instead of the more accurate *What is the minimum required energy to complete the designated task?*

I'm going to hopefully kill off the concept of petawatt ship-based lasers and exajoule ship-based kinetics in my nation, such insanity is not needed. Whereas explosives and weapons which do not require any control can reach those levels, such as my missiles and their internal antimatter charge, and system defenses could unleash that scale of destruction, why would I waste good energy?

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Dolmhold wrote:Alright, next to die is my insane wanknumbers on the energy levels of my ships- they were unfortunately based off *What is the highest output and then scale down from it*, which at the time was planet-buster, instead of the more accurate *What is the minimum required energy to complete the designated task?*

I'm going to hopefully kill off the concept of petawatt ship-based lasers and exajoule ship-based kinetics in my nation, such insanity is not needed. Whereas explosives and weapons which do not require any control can reach those levels, such as my missiles and their internal antimatter charge, and system defenses could unleash that scale of destruction, why would I waste good energy?

Uh... I have no numbers attached to my ships at all. It never seemed narrativelly important. Percentages are, but actual numbers never seemed important.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Dolmhold
Minister

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:Uh... I have no numbers attached to my ships at all. It never seemed narrativelly important. Percentages are, but actual numbers never seemed important.

It wasn't an exact number, but a scale of power. My lasers fired the equivilent of the Tsar Bomba every goddamm second- that just seems like overkill now, and to think that I said it was for the starfighter-based lasers.

Another issue was that I was playing around with those numbers, but treated them and gave them the effect of weapons that had far less power. That really shouldn't be the case.
Last edited by Dolmhold on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Dolmhold wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:Uh... I have no numbers attached to my ships at all. It never seemed narrativelly important. Percentages are, but actual numbers never seemed important.

It wasn't an exact number, but a scale of power. My lasers fired the equivilent of the Tsar Bomba every goddamm second- that just seems like overkill now, and to think that I said it was for the starfighter-based lasers.

Ship kebob.

Yes, overkill.
早晨!ToBu for short.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents