NATION

PASSWORD

City of Bones (Intro, Ceaden Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

City of Bones (Intro, Ceaden Only)

Postby Dbrought » Thu May 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Wind howled through the snow capped peaks of the northern mountain ranges and fell into the valley between them and their smaller southern cousins. The wind conveyed a threat the Northlands carried to all who sought to go to the land beyond the highest peaks on the other side. Few ever had crossed them. None for centuries had laid claim to them. Markus paused for second, starring directly at the mountains many saw as death incarnate. There had only been one empire that had ever laid claims to this land for a reason. It was not an empire of men, as man could not hold such a land. Only those who had mastered all fear of death, and led armies of the dead themselves had ever been able to conquer those harsh and unforgiving mountains and make passage to the desert beyond were able to control them. No lords of death itself had trekked the land since the fall of the Empire's Lords, till now.

At last. At last I have found it. No longer will we live in fear of the people who hunted us. No longer will we be oppressed or let false priests dictate the rules of magic. My people will be free, and by my hand I shall have an army to protect them.

Markus eyed the ruins of the long dead city before him. A mere shadow of its once former glory, yet it had protected its most valuable secret. Zelbae, your halls will soon be shining in blood, gold, silver, steel and iron again.

Markus, his Queen Morgana, and closest advisers stood at the entrance of the dilapidated ruins of the temple of the city of Zelbae.

"Behemoth"

"Yes my lord"

A Knight armored in back and gold stylized steel plate paced towards the ruins and then knelt at the staircase. A chant was then uttered, subtle at first and then slowly rising in volume. The fallen pillars of the temple lifted and the ancient stone set back in the place they rested centuries ago. At the back of the temple stood a door leading further into the mountain.

At last, I have found you. Tombs of my ancestors. I RECLAIM!!

Markus thrust his staff forward unleashing a torrent of indigo shadows from its jewel to assault the inscribed door. Hidden runes in the walls of the mountain and in the pillars of the temple flashed brightly as light snaked from symbol to symbol creeping to the door. The lights converged, growing brighter and brighter until it became blinding to all who would gaze upon it. All looked away to shield their eyes, save Markus who never flinched or hesitated with each syllable of his silent recitation. A loud clang resonated from the door as the center retreated and then spun releasing the magical seals and locks barring all intruders save those who had the same blood ruining through their veins as the rulers of the old empire did. Blood Markus had stolen to gain the key he needed to Zelbae and its secrets. The door parted as Markus approached. His chant was finished, and the first barrier conquered. Markus could feel his victory today, as he reached out and touched the endless piles and tombs of bones containing the remains of 500 years worth of death.

Arise, soldiers of Zelbae. Protect and restore these lands to what they once were.

Hundreds of skulls felt the call, rising to the bidding of their new master. The low rumbles and clangs of the bones animating and adorning themselves in armor and equipping themselves with weapons was heard by all of Markus's people, who were now all within the walls of the ancient city. Markus approached the edge of the plateau the temple stood on to face the mass of his followers.

"Outcasts!, Exiles!, Persecuted!, and Forgotten!. We!, are no strangers to hardship. After all, we have been running for as long as we can remember. Hardship, is all we have known. In the past we were cast out from our homes, hunted to lands beyond, and rejected by many for shelter. Though all that changed after the prophesy. For 15 years we have been traveling on our pilgrimage, fighting for our very survival, against those who believed us dammed, unholy and not even worthy of a peaceful afterlife. Our people faced extinction, if we had not fought on past all who opposed us till now. We had hoped that we might be able to peacefully pass through foreign land without conflict, but our enemies remained ignorant, uncompromising and stronger than ever. They have forces that can burn entire cities. Yet all that changes, today. We have been blessed with a city to call home, and now we will no longer run, but stand firm and protect WHAT IS OURS!! What I ask of you now is still not an easy thing, but it is necessary. If we wish to survive... If we are to live long enough to see the seasons pass and our children grown and experience a time of peace we have never known... We must now take this fight to our enemies. We will go to where they live, and where they breed, and WE WILL DESTROY THEM!!! THIS IS THE DAY THE PROPHESY PROMISED US!!! THIS IS THE DAY WE BRING WAR BACK TO OUR ENEMIES! THIS IS THE DAY, THAT WE CORRECT THE COURSE OF OUR HISTORY! THIS IS THE DAY THAT WE ENSURE THE SURVIVAL OF OUR SPECIES!! People of Zelbae, Followers of the Prophesy GO FORTH AND RULE OVER ALL WHO WOULD DENY US!!!!!!!

Markus watched the hundreds of people below the plateau roar in response.

By the Gods I have done it.

"Behemoth. I give you the task of rebuilding the city. Take all who you need to complete the reconstruction of the walls as soon as possible."

"Yes my lord."

"Abaddon and Leviathan. Take three fourths of the army and march South West to the Ocean. Take one of the ports and all towns along the road. We will need them. When you have taken them Leviathan, you will govern the Port, and begin to build as many ships as possible."

"It shall be our pleasure lord."

"Legion, I wish for you and your assassins to be swift and take the ancient fortress in the mountains. We will need a place of safety soon enough. Meanwhile I shall further explore the catacombs. Lastly send ravens in all directions proclaiming this. The City of Zelbae is reborn and shall reclaim the ancient ruins of its former glory. All who wish to meet us and negotiate politely, are free to send raven or emissary to the city. All who remain silent, will lose any right to ask for forgiveness from my people and be fought in battle if it is necessary to protect ourselves. "

"The Ravens shall be sent Lord of Death."

"Then go forth my Generals. I must now pray."

The first part of the prophesy is now fulfilled. Now starts the edge of darkness, and unknown. Gods of death, I fear you not, as I have no fear of what I understand and respect. I, your humble servant, thank mi'lords for gracing me with thine power. Give me strength longer, and I shall repay the debt of life and death, and make the balance equal.

Summary of Actions:
-Ravens sent to all nations with proclamation
Last edited by Dbrought on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:40 pm

The dead move slowly. Yet never do they hesitate.

Abaddon watched from his mount as his new legions of bones marched onward to their destination. The road was in need of much repair. They likely had not seen use since the first empire, whose ruins were now the salvation of many. The army moved upon a city called Solas. It was the last city on the steppe before entering the mountains, and the first step on the way to the sea. It was by coincidence that this city should be the first to fall, but it was a fate that had long been sealed.

As Markus had declared there were many who did everything in their power to kill their species; Abaddon's brothers and sisters. As it had been decreed, any who sought forgiveness may be forgiven, though Abaddon had long doubted that any who had committed sins against his people and even those who watched silently and did nothing as people suffered were beyond redemption. Abaddon, however, would not dare disobey his oath.

Born to another name, Abaddon lost what shreds of childhood innocence he ever had at the tender age of 5. It was at this age that he watched his sister be raped and beaten by one of the nobles of his town. His family, pacifist healers, had been good people and were loved by all, though even with the hatred of the nobleman and his guilt assured the people did nothing. A year later the nobleman was found dead in his chambers. His eyes had been gouged out. His finger and toenails removed and shoved into the empty sockets. The skin across his arms and legs had been flayed back and woven into a makeshift crown atop his corpse. His ears had been cut off, his teeth removed, and his legs broken. Lastly his genitals had been removed and shoved down his throat. The man choked to death. It was a wrong that had been righted, and yet despite their hatred of the man, none stood up for the boy who killed the most vile monsters of them all when he needed it. A plague befell the town, and somehow it was his fault. He was the monster who went against the natural order and disrupted it. He and his family became the scapegoats. His mother trying to save a man dying of sickness was accused a witch, and blamed for the plague that had befallen the town. To prevent any interruption to her burning at the stake the boy was imprisoned. In that cell he prayed first to the high gods for salvation, then the deities of nature for guidance, and when no answers came he prayed to every and any spirit, be it holy or demon for strength to save his family. No gods answered his call. A hooded man, however, did.

The morning of his mother's execution a man came to the cells asking the men of their crimes, and what they desired. Others ignored and brushed off the man, but to the desperate boy there was one simple answer. Power to destroy, in order to protect. The hooded man paused a moment and then asked the boy his story. By the end of the tale he was given a choice. To stay in his cell and let the world continue on its course, or pledge an eternity of service in exchange to be reborn as the very demon he was accused of. A demon with the power to destroy, and protect. The boy gave the oath, received the bite, took the blood, and rose as Abaddon, a demon of death and destruction. A Vampire.

Abaddon had served Markus faithfully since that day, and would do so till the end of time, when all that exists turns to dust.
Last edited by Dbrought on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:10 pm

The army had reached the city of Solas just before daybreak, sending the people of the city into alarm hours earlier than the city usually woke. To Abaddon's pleasure they had arrived nearly exactly on schedule, giving his knights plenty of time to erect their tents over the mouths of the caves they now occupied.

"We will have to commend our riders for this it seems. We arrived within an hour of exactly when they said we would. Such accuracy in estimation deserves praise."

"I shall see to it M'lord, though do you have a reward in mind already, or do you wish for them to choose a special reward for themselves?"

"Given how their accuracy has allowed us to wake the town in alarm earlier than they normally would giving us advantage the coming nightfall, I see no reason why their reward should not be from the city itself. I believe each of the riders should be given the choice of leadership within the coven that will govern this town, and an extra retinue of three to four citizens of the town to be marked in their name. Now to the matter of assault."

"The walls of the city are strong. We will not fell them without constructing siege weapons, though in turn that only pushes us to a more rewarding course of action. While they may be difficult for humans to climb, for vampires, climbing the walls is possible. If we scale the walls, we can assault one of the gatehouses, and open the gate for our army letting us swiftly take the town."

"How fare their guard?"

"There is a contingent of fifteen men at each of the three gates, and four groups of ten that patrol the walls. While their sergeants seem trained, the rank and file seem to be of poor training and order. We further estimate that there be a group of fifty more men within the walls. It seems that their entire force is less than one-hundred and fifty."

"To think that such a force once threatened our very existence. Who are the sergeants of the gates?"

"While we know not for certain, the blood memory of one of the people we took relayed that Syr Dorik holds the north gate, Syr Varg holds the South and Sy-"

"Then we take the South."

"M'lord?"

"There we many who oppressed us on our journey North, though there are some who took it upon themselves to not only refuse us but hunt us as we made refuge in these caves. I shall take the gate alone."

"M'lord there are plenty able to climb the walls. You need not personally be part of this engagement."

"BLOOD FOR BLOOD! That is our Covenant! That is our creed! I will not stand behind and watch my vengeance taken from me. I will take that demon's blood and thirst upon his soul. Such I swore when we were weak. Such I will enjoy now that we are strong."

"As M'lord wishes."

"Ready my squires, and the troops. We strike the third hour of nightfall."

"Yes M'lord."

Return to International Incidents