NATION

PASSWORD

The Roleplayers Union (OOC Organization)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Sun May 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Registered. :D
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

The Black Plains
Senator

Founded: Jan 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Plains » Sun May 20, 2012 8:30 pm

I'm voting no to Post-War America (I wavered from before) and... vote yes on Izzyshipper.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun May 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Yes for all standing applicants, except for Post-War where I will abstain.

Harkonna
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkonna » Mon May 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Nay to Post-War America. Aye to Izzyshipper.
The Great and Mighty Frances Callahan, Glorious Leader of Callahan's Wild Cards, Loyal TR Soldier, and a Potato Aficionado. (Also a woman.)

The Grand World Order
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 03, 2007
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand World Order » Mon May 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Post-War America: 2-2-1

Izzyshipper: 5-0-0, will be admitted due to majority.
United States Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer turned Private Military Contractor
Basque American
NS's only post-apoc, neo-western, cassette-punk, conspiracy-laden, pseudo-mystic Fascist UN-clone utopia
Peace sells, but who's buying? | Right is the new punk
A Better Class of Fascist
Got Discord? Add me at griff1337
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.13
Amerikians: That sir, is one Epic Tank.
Altamirus: Behold the fascist God of War.
Aelosia: Shiiiiit, you are hot. More pics, I demand.

The Black Plains
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Plains » Tue May 22, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm trying to garner someone to do a PT pre-Renaissance RP with late medieval tech. So halfway decent cannon, but no small firearms. Pre-planned. TG me or, preferably, post in my thread on the Forum.

Orussia
Minister

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Orussia » Tue May 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Account Name: Orussia
Techs RPed in: 1940's PT to 2010's MT (I have equipment loadouts and other such nonsense for each decade between those listed.)
RP Example 1: We weren't expecting that to happen... (Ongoing)
RP Example 2: The Vorradian Reformation (Withdrew due to temporary Internet issues.)
RP Example 3: Invasion of Janowitz (Not one of my best. Mostly because it was sort of a blow-off RP that I got involved in for the lulz.)
RP Example 4: Burgundian Liberation (I was hoping to have an epic battle scene, but alas, it was not in the cards. TBP surrendered before I could really have fun. :P)
Roleplaying Organizations (regions, alliances, etc.): CoPS, ex UEF
Any offsite RP experience?: Yes.
Puppets?: Many. Will provide a list if requested.
Languages spoken:
Primary Language: English (Highly fluent)
Secondary Language: Russian (Somewhat fluent)
Tertiary Language: German (Basic vocabulary only)
Last edited by Orussia on Tue May 22, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015
May your spirit live on in FALhalla.
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:His penetrator is MASSIVE!
Talon independent nation wrote:And so missiles did come unto man, and man did see it was good, and did smite down the land battleships of his foe with totally awesome explosions.

The Black Plains
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Plains » Tue May 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Orussia wrote:Account Name: Orussia
Techs RPed in: 1940's PT to 2010's MT (I have equipment loadouts and other such nonsense for each decade between those listed.)
RP Example 1: We weren't expecting that to happen... (Ongoing)
RP Example 2: The Vorradian Reformation (Withdrew due to temporary Internet issues.)
RP Example 3: Invasion of Janowitz (Not one of my best. Mostly because it was sort of a blow-off RP that I got involved in for the lulz.)
RP Example 4: Burgundian Liberation (I was hoping to have an epic battle scene, but alas, it was not in the cards. TBP surrendered before I could really have fun. :P)
Roleplaying Organizations (regions, alliances, etc.): CoPS, ex UEF
Any offsite RP experience?: Yes.
Puppets?: Many. Will provide a list if requested.
Languages spoken:
Primary Language: English (Highly fluent)
Secondary Language: Russian (Somewhat fluent)
Tertiary Language: German (Basic vocabulary only)

Having RP'd with you, I'm going to say no. Work on detail and post length. I surrendered because that was how Lanos and I PLANNED it. Had you either TG'd me or met with us while we were on IRC, you could have protested and asked for a battle and I would have been totally happy to oblige. I literally had no idea that that was what you wanted. I'm definitely liable to change my vote if you give me a good reason to do so some time later and I'd even be happy to do another RP with you to facilitate that. But you'd have to put in time on this one. That means meeting with me on IRC, hashing out what we want to do, and writing detailed, appropriate-length pieces that develop your characters and your nation. Also not being a raider would be nice :roll: But nevermind that.

Orussia
Minister

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Orussia » Tue May 22, 2012 4:06 pm

The Black Plains wrote:Having RP'd with you, I'm going to say no. Work on detail and post length. I surrendered because that was how Lanos and I PLANNED it. Had you either TG'd me or met with us while we were on IRC, you could have protested and asked for a battle and I would have been totally happy to oblige. I literally had no idea that that was what you wanted. I'm definitely liable to change my vote if you give me a good reason to do so some time later and I'd even be happy to do another RP with you to facilitate that. But you'd have to put in time on this one. That means meeting with me on IRC, hashing out what we want to do, and writing detailed, appropriate-length pieces that develop your characters and your nation. Also not being a raider would be nice :roll: But nevermind that.

Ok. I can understand why you would say each of those things, but allow me to present my own side of these events.

Firstly, the period of time that I participated in your thread was quite hectic. I had gotten over my head in RP commitments, and was unable to craft truly exceptional responses. This, I now know, is bad. :P

(Note: Refer to the 'We weren't expecting that to happen' thread for my current work.)

Secondly, until a few months ago, I had NO CLUE what IRC was. Now, of course, I do, but that still didn't help in the past.

Third: Oh, don't even get me started. I can bleat out a COE-class 'I am a Raider' speech if you really want me to. :P
Last edited by Orussia on Tue May 22, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015
May your spirit live on in FALhalla.
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:His penetrator is MASSIVE!
Talon independent nation wrote:And so missiles did come unto man, and man did see it was good, and did smite down the land battleships of his foe with totally awesome explosions.

Izzyshipper
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Wed May 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Thanks for the acceptance everybody :) Look forward to finding some good RP's here.
Female |I use UK Spelling

Wise princes avoid as much as they can being in other men's power - Niccolò Machiavelli

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Wed May 23, 2012 11:02 pm

Currently a no to Orussia due to some RP development still, but more than open to return in my view.

Agua Incendia
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Agua Incendia » Thu May 24, 2012 7:39 am

Account Name: Agua Incendia
Techs RPed in:FT, a little PMT
RP Example 1:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=148158
RP Example 2:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=136281
RP Example 3:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=72712
*RP Examples 4-10: (Please move down a line with each link)
Roleplaying Organizations (regions, alliances, etc.):Realm of Unrestricted Science, (I think i have an embassy with floor kippers)
Any offsite RP experience?:nope
Puppets?:Kristic
Languages spoken:English, Incendian (a language created by ME! Mothafu-)

Delgrae
Envoy

Founded: Feb 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Delgrae » Thu May 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Account Name: Delgrae
Techs RPed in: MT; willing to try others
RP Example 1: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=136532
RP Example 2: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=153069
RP Example 3: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=148691 Died before it had much of a chance.
*RP Examples 4-10: (Please move down a line with each link)
Roleplaying Organizations (regions, alliances, etc.): none
Any offsite RP experience?: none
Puppets?: Dalruanazkal
Languages spoken: English
National Anthem: Farewell of Slavianka

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Thu May 24, 2012 11:24 pm

A yes to Agua but a no to Delgrae- I feel you have a bit more to learn in terms of detailing posts.

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Fri May 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Account Name: Crystal Spires
Techs RPed in: Primarily Fan-T, with alternate universes in Future, Post Modern, and Modern Tech.
RP Example 1:The End of Harmony
RP Example 2:The Golden Lion and the Beastking
RP Example 3: Inconvenient Accident
I have more, but I don't intend to list them all....

Roleplaying Organizations (regions, alliances, etc.): Too many. IUEF, CoPS, COMINTERN, ICPPO, Amistad, etc.
Any offsite RP experience?: Was DnD DM in my group at home.
Puppets?: Tons, not listing them all, but I recently made High Treefolk, and I also play Ealdurim!
Languages spoken: Spanish, English, Mandarin Chinese, and Japanese.
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5
Tech Level: FanT

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

UEG-Reach
Civilian

Founded: May 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby UEG-Reach » Fri May 25, 2012 1:55 pm

If it is any help to know, on my own RP skills, my writing has improved thanks to numerous school assignments, but said time in school kinda damps down my imaginative side and school kinda make sit hard to put fourth a lot of effort considering being Junior is the hardest of the years and all ... Maybe if I can prove it to you (with at least three different RP's in the work) you would maybe let me in. Heck I myself might not put much effort but I know what makes a good RP anyways.

Agua Incendia
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Agua Incendia » Fri May 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Thanks for letting me join! XD

I have a thread for an FT RP . I would love it if you guys wanted to join, please take a look and TG me if you are interested.

WIND [closed]

I said "an" FT because i am pronouncing FT "eff-tee"
Last edited by Agua Incendia on Fri May 25, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Fri May 25, 2012 8:24 pm

UEG-Reach wrote:If it is any help to know, on my own RP skills, my writing has improved thanks to numerous school assignments, but said time in school kinda damps down my imaginative side and school kinda make sit hard to put fourth a lot of effort considering being Junior is the hardest of the years and all ... Maybe if I can prove it to you (with at least three different RP's in the work) you would maybe let me in. Heck I myself might not put much effort but I know what makes a good RP anyways.

Having 87,000 puppets doesn't help you either.

Also, a yes to Crystal Spires from myself.

Lastly Agua, you are not in yet. The rest of the team will be voting.

The State of Monavia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby The State of Monavia » Sun May 27, 2012 1:25 pm

I vote yea on Crystal Spires. I will need some time to evaluate the others.
——✠ ✠——THE IMPERIAL FEDERATION OF THE MONAVIAN EMPIRE——✠ ✠——
FACTBOOKS AND LOREROLEPLAY CANONDIPLOMATIC EXCHANGE

MY GUIDES ON ROLEPLAYING DIPLOMACY, ROLEPLAY ETIQUETTE, CREATING A NEW NATION,
LEARNING HOW TO ROLEPLAY (FORTHCOMING), AND ROLEPLAYING EVIL (PART ONE)

Seventeen-Year Veteran of NationStates ∙ Retired N&I Roleplay Mentor
Member of the NS Writing Project and the Roleplayers Union
I am a classical monarchist Orthodox Christian from Phoenix, Arizona.

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠

/‾‾ʽʼ‾‾\

The Black Plains
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Plains » Sun May 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Yes to CS. No to the others.

The Black Plains
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Plains » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Come on, interest for literally any RP. PREFERABLY late medieval, early renaissance as I haven't done one in a while. But I'd do MT. We can come up with the idea. If you have the time and inclination, just contact me.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:23 am

The Black Plains wrote:Come on, interest for literally any RP. PREFERABLY late medieval, early renaissance as I haven't done one in a while. But I'd do MT. We can come up with the idea. If you have the time and inclination, just contact me.

I'm planning on something like that. It'd be structured, not fully free-form, and set in 1712.

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:11 am

Account Name: Lubyak
Techs RPed in: MT, FanT

RP Example 1: Golden Lion and the Beastking
RP Example 2: Shifting Tides and Flames of Revolution
RP Example 3: Uranium Pirates
RP Example 4: Stone Dogs

Roleplaying Organizations (regions, alliances, etc.): Coalition of Ponyist States, Union of Equality and Freedom
Any offsite RP experience?: None
Puppets?: Celestial Empire of Harmony, Lubyakan Altea
Languages spoken: English

Izzyshipper
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:40 am

Western Infirmaryalia";p="9602117"]
The Black Plains wrote:Come on, interest for literally any RP. PREFERABLY late medieval, early renaissance as I haven't done one in a while. But I'd do MT. We can come up with the idea. If you have the time and inclination, just contact me.

I'm planning on something like that. It'd be structured, not fully free-form, and set in 1712.[/quote]

Sounds like fun, I've been desperate for a RP for a while. So count me in :)
Female |I use UK Spelling

Wise princes avoid as much as they can being in other men's power - Niccolò Machiavelli

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

The Black Plains
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Plains » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:52 am

I'm happy with one in 1712 as well. That era of technology was neat as well. I guess we're looking at relatively advanced cannon (no exploding shot of course) and decent muskets with no arquebuses (which were phased out) or rifles (at least to any great extent). I'd be fine doing an RP with three people. I prefer to keep it to one. But pre-planning, as Hayesalia suggested, would get rid of any mess. Do you two have IRC?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents