NATION

PASSWORD

Awakening Flames FT OOC (Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Tue May 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Then of course the Excalibur will come. :twisted:
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

TheFall
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby TheFall » Tue May 22, 2012 2:23 pm

How should my nation proceed at this moment? Since the threat to the UEFP and Dolmhold has ended so far and people dont know where farsight is? :unsure:
Favorite Quotes
When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Tue May 22, 2012 2:25 pm

TheFall wrote:How should my nation proceed at this moment? Since the threat to the UEFP and Dolmhold has ended so far and people dont know where farsight is? :unsure:

You should come to farsight using a theoretical future calculating computor.

Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

TheFall
Ambassador

Postby TheFall » Tue May 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Hladgos wrote:
TheFall wrote:How should my nation proceed at this moment? Since the threat to the UEFP and Dolmhold has ended so far and people dont know where farsight is? :unsure:

You should come to farsight using a theoretical future calculating computor.

? What is that?
Favorite Quotes
Jean-Paul Sartre

Dolmhold
Minister

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Tue May 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Hmmm...

I'll just tell the UEFP that the battle is now at Farsight.

My sensory systems can practically detect our entire galaxy... And if I really wanted to I'd use it to probe the Andromeda later...

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Tue May 22, 2012 2:37 pm

It's breifly discussed in Timeline by Micheal Crichton, and is a computer that basically scans reality to find what could happen in the future. You can also use it to find things you dont know where they are.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Tue May 22, 2012 2:38 pm

You guys and your probing of andromeda. I'd like you to meet Zecatera. Your computer just exploded, along with the minds of the people that knew about the galaxies location. It'd be like trying to find Entity, except what you arel ooking for can mentally assault you and your scanners.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Tue May 22, 2012 2:40 pm

Hladgos wrote:You guys and your probing of andromeda. I'd like you to meet Zecatera. Your computer just exploded, along with the minds of the people that knew about the galaxies location. It'd be like trying to find Entity, except what you arel ooking for can mentally assault you and your scanners.

I usually don't believe in mind attacks and what not meaning that I have no tech like that, but I really need to do something about it with the rate psychic attacks are happening...

Maybe I have to envoke the quantum theory somewhere...
Last edited by Dolmhold on Tue May 22, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheFall
Ambassador

Postby TheFall » Tue May 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Hladgos wrote:It's breifly discussed in Timeline by Micheal Crichton, and is a computer that basically scans reality to find what could happen in the future. You can also use it to find things you dont know where they are.

Oh i see! and also my Argus arrays can do the exact same thing, but since i never explored there that means i dont know whats there, but i can see it if that makes any sense. In order for me to get a clear picture of things i first use the argus arrays to spot whats there then i use my ships to explore the area. Although my ships can do the same thing as the argus arrays it just drastically reduced in power. The other way is information given to me by allies. :lol:
Favorite Quotes
Jean-Paul Sartre

SquareDisc City
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2004

Postby SquareDisc City » Tue May 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Umm...yeah...Giratina's mind won't explode so easily. And if our computers do, well we have ways around that. *Contemplates explosive computing*

I used to be able to track pretty much any FTL movement, what with having the embodiments of space and time and all. But, they're kind of AWOL at the moment, which is annoying.
FT: The Confederation of the United Pokemon Types, led by Regent Mew.
Nuclear pulse propulsion is best propulsion.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Tue May 22, 2012 2:46 pm

I've always wondered, despite 60% of the galaxy being inhabited by non-superpowers (the NPC nations), why haven't the Vexil attacked them?

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Tue May 22, 2012 2:47 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:Umm...yeah...Giratina's mind won't explode so easily. And if our computers do, well we have ways around that. *Contemplates explosive computing*

I used to be able to track pretty much any FTL movement, what with having the embodiments of space and time and all. But, they're kind of AWOL at the moment, which is annoying.

I might decide to bypass it all together and have it so that psychic attacks don't affect my people at all, at the cost of not being able to launch one...

I wonder what would Arceus' judgement be on our current war...

TheFall
Ambassador

Postby TheFall » Tue May 22, 2012 2:48 pm

Dolmhold wrote:I've always wondered, despite 60% of the galaxy being inhabited by non-superpowers (the NPC nations), why haven't the Vexil attacked them?

Yea that does seem odd! Maybe they thought we were a bigger threat first and decided to take out the super powers first! Also would i be considered a super power or no or :unsure:
Favorite Quotes
Jean-Paul Sartre

SquareDisc City
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2004

Postby SquareDisc City » Tue May 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Dolmhold wrote:I might decide to bypass it all together and have it so that psychic attacks don't affect my people at all, at the cost of not being able to launch one...
More or less how the Yuuzhan Vong are in Star Wars then. Which is not necessarily a good thing, considering the Vong and the UPT have history.

I've rarely actually used Pokemon abilities in wars myself, not least because for some time now my focus has been on space combat. Even when I have fought ground wars, though, the abilities tend to be in a secondary role to mechanical weapons.

I wonder what would Arceus' judgement be on our current war...
So do I.
Last edited by SquareDisc City on Tue May 22, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FT: The Confederation of the United Pokemon Types, led by Regent Mew.
Nuclear pulse propulsion is best propulsion.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Tue May 22, 2012 2:54 pm

TheFall wrote:
Dolmhold wrote:I've always wondered, despite 60% of the galaxy being inhabited by non-superpowers (the NPC nations), why haven't the Vexil attacked them?

Yea that does seem odd! Maybe they thought we were a bigger threat first and decided to take out the super powers first! Also would i be considered a super power or no or :unsure:

Probably at this rate. Especially with your superweapon...

Meanwhile, I plan for them to be the trapped, not us.

TheFall
Ambassador

Postby TheFall » Tue May 22, 2012 2:59 pm

Favorite Quotes
Jean-Paul Sartre

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Tue May 22, 2012 3:11 pm

TheFall wrote:V-3 cannon is beast! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-3_cannon

:)

V-3 Cannon was awesome. Too bad it was destroyed and not captured... Ah well, at least we have Project Haarp.

I like Blast Wave Accelerators the best.

TheFall
Ambassador

Postby TheFall » Tue May 22, 2012 3:26 pm

You know what the U.S Navy should do! They should develop their railguns and develop them into a three railgun Turret formation and then make a modern day Battleship with heavy armor and advanced technology of the day. It would literally make our enemy's cower in fear and chinese Anti-ship missiles would find it extremely hard to destroy the new battleships.
Favorite Quotes
Jean-Paul Sartre

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Tue May 22, 2012 3:38 pm

TheFall wrote:You know what the U.S Navy should do! They should develop their railguns and develop them into a three railgun Turret formation and then make a modern day Battleship with heavy armor and advanced technology of the day. It would literally make our enemy's cower in fear and chinese Anti-ship missiles would find it extremely hard to destroy the new battleships.

Well... depends on how the Chinese Anti-Ship missiles are like, or if they exist at all given the secretive nature of the Chinese government. but the USN is actually planning something similar. Armor is obsolete, therefore it isn't going to be stressed, and all ship-ship combat of today is beyond visual range. The idea for them is for the railgun to fire a guided slug at mach 7+ at enemy installations, ships, and so forth. The projectile's self-guidence would allow it to hit things at BVR easily... Hopefully...

With how technology is advancing today, wars 100 years later if we remained on Earth may consist of nations firing hyper-accurate slugs at each other from railgun ground stations, without any use of aircraft, ships or soldiers at all! Then again, modern day is somewhat like that with the ICBMs and whatnot. Railguns have absurd range, and even today there is talks of tanks engaging each other at half a continent away firing over mountains and whatnot precision-striking each other.

Meanwhile, the ships with the Maple Leaf will try to support. Our Joint Support Ships designed to be able to do anything like a Swiss Army Knife will be handling the little guys for ya.
Last edited by Dolmhold on Tue May 22, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TheFall
Ambassador

Postby TheFall » Tue May 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Dolmhold wrote:
TheFall wrote:You know what the U.S Navy should do! They should develop their railguns and develop them into a three railgun Turret formation and then make a modern day Battleship with heavy armor and advanced technology of the day. It would literally make our enemy's cower in fear and chinese Anti-ship missiles would find it extremely hard to destroy the new battleships.

Well... depends on how the Chinese Anti-Ship missiles are like, or if they exist at all given the secretive nature of the Chinese government. but the USN is actually planning something similar. Armor is obsolete, therefore it isn't going to be stressed, and all ship-ship combat of today is beyond visual range. The idea for them is for the railgun to fire a guided slug at mach 7+ at enemy installations, ships, and so forth. The projectile's self-guidence would allow it to hit things at BVR easily... Hopefully...

With how technology is advancing today, wars 100 years later if we remained on Earth may consist of nations firing hyper-accurate slugs at each other from railgun ground stations, without any use of aircraft, ships or soldiers at all! Then again, modern day is somewhat like that with the ICBMs and whatnot. Railguns have absurd range, and even today there is talks of tanks engaging each other at half a continent away firing over mountains and whatnot precision-striking each other.

True, but actually armor is not obsolete the U.S continuosly reactivated the 4 iowa class battleships on the grounds that the navy was inadequete to deal with threats from shore and they could not provide navel presence and too insufficently armored to even withstand 50cal machine gun hits or even pirates for that matter! (Thinks of the USS Cole incident) But battleships are extremely well armored and able to take an enormous amount of hits while dshing out enormous firepower! Sure the battleship can't hit targets at extreme distances, but they provide navel presence and constant on the clock navel support for marines and they instill fear in its enemies. Yes we all know that planes can do the same thing, but at some point they either have to go back and refuel,rearm, or get repaired. Or heaven forbid destroyed, With the battleship this problem was null and void. Now if the U.S Navy built a modern battleship with Railguns then there weakness of not being long range is also null and void too, and there armor would be there to protect them, also if we put laser CIWS on these ships they can also provide defensive capabilities that no other vessel has enjoyed, sure they are prone to weather issues, but these things can be worked out.
Favorite Quotes
Jean-Paul Sartre

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Tue May 22, 2012 4:06 pm

TheFall wrote:
Dolmhold wrote:

True, but actually armor is not obsolete the U.S continuosly reactivated the 4 iowa class battleships on the grounds that the navy was inadequete to deal with threats from shore and they could not provide navel presence and too insufficently armored to even withstand 50cal machine gun hits or even pirates for that matter! (Thinks of the USS Cole incident) But battleships are extremely well armored and able to take an enormous amount of hits while dshing out enormous firepower! Sure the battleship can't hit targets at extreme distances, but they provide navel presence and constant on the clock navel support for marines and they instill fear in its enemies. Yes we all know that planes can do the same thing, but at some point they either have to go back and refuel,rearm, or get repaired. Or heaven forbid destroyed, With the battleship this problem was null and void. Now if the U.S Navy built a modern battleship with Railguns then there weakness of not being long range is also null and void too, and there armor would be there to protect them, also if we put laser CIWS on these ships they can also provide defensive capabilities that no other vessel has enjoyed, sure they are prone to weather issues, but these things can be worked out.

Well, granted one needs enough armor to survive a regular bullet, but with the sheer destructive power of most modern weapons, armor is on the sidelines being mostly obsolete in thinking for navel ships. Battleships of today are for a tactical role: Close Range Firepower Support. The armor means nothing against real opponents with a real military, although one must admit that the chances of the USA encountering a real threat is next to none except for at the start of a war with a small crazy nation (big nations are smart enough not to start wars, especially the Chinese government).

The issue is that there is no real justification for a battleship, or at least in the way battleships of the old were. One can just as easily mount a railgun on a frigate or an aircraft carrier to provide the same amount of firepower, and battleships cost a lot, meaning that they need to be the protected ones, not the sluggers. One can also provide better armor for said frigate.

As for lasers: They'd only be good against soft targets like aircraft, and they rapidly loose power with range on a planet. With battles continually going farther and farther, it is questionable if aircraft will even get close enough to be hurt by the laser CWIS.

I guess the main difference between Aircraft carriers and battleships is of where their weapons are. Do you take your guns to the enemy, or do you keep them with you?

Edit: laser CWIS may be nice for taking on enemy anti-ship and cruise missiles. Against what is believed to be the Chinese type, nothing can stop it as far as our technology goes.
Last edited by Dolmhold on Tue May 22, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Tue May 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Topic=FT-MT+PMT

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Tue May 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Hladgos wrote:Topic=FT-MT+PMT

:p

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Tue May 22, 2012 4:13 pm

When Vetega posts, we will missile spam like none other. Not in the millions, or even billions. We will be sending hypermatter missiles in the order of quintillions of missiles to defend Farsight. I'm going to guess that all of our attempts to escape will be futile, cause Crysallis is probably going to keep wormholes from opening. We'll probably have to duke it out with brute force.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

TheFall
Ambassador

Postby TheFall » Tue May 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Ok then the U.S Navy should do a hell of alot better job on armoring and defence of its ships, its pitiful to see what has been reduced too. I guess im the kind of guy that will always see a nich for a battleship, hell even with a high level of automation the ships could be conceivable in my eyes. But i guess the navel design bereau know best 'Cough Cough'. Some of are ships are crap in my opinion.
Favorite Quotes
Jean-Paul Sartre

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents