NATION

PASSWORD

Awakening Flames FT OOC (Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Vetega
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Awakening Flames FT OOC (Closed)

Postby Vetega » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:53 pm

This will be the OOC thread for our new RP in the Milky Way series.

In this situation there are a few but necessary guidelines everyone (even me) must obey:
1. ABSOLUTELY NO GODMODDING. None. Period. You will be warned, and if you ignore our warnings you will be kicked.
2. No overpowered fleets ships etc. I realize that worldships and lolhuge battlestations/ships are going to be used. I have no issues with using imagination. Just, please keep it within reasonable terms.
3. Whatever I say is law unless the whole lot of you disagree, in which case myself and the co-op will look into it and act accordingly. This is a democracy. Not a dictatorship.
NEW RULE!!!
4. You must at least post one paragraph when you post. NO ONE-LINERS. EVER. Put some thought into it people!!

These things must be followed. Looking into everyone's interest, I would very much appreciate that this rp stay alive for quite some time.

APP

Nation name:
Population:
Tech level:
Number of systems:
Number of ships:
Tech base:

Nation Name: Your FT Nation's name.
Population: Your FT nation's population. Generally in this RP, the range is 100 billion to 2 trillion, although outliers allowed.
Systems: Number of core systems, and you can put others if you feel like it.
Ships: Number of big spacecraft your FT nation has, big defined by your FT nation.
Tech Base: Is your tech derived from anything?

Accepted Nations:
Dolmhold
Hldagos
Casl
Vetega
Dbrought
The Orson Empire
United Districts of 1
North Calaveras
The Akasha Colony

This thread is officially open.
Last edited by Vetega on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Member of GESO

DefCon Level: DefCon 1
1: Total War
2: Mobilization of forces.
3: Standby/Advance Intelligence Protocols
4: Recognition of Conflict/Embargo's and other non-violent threats
5: Peacetime

Donald Trump is evil. He must burn.
See with your mind's eye what your eyes cannot see.
'War is in our blood. It's a part of Vetegan history. We cannot escape who we are, so we've learned to embrace it. Now look at us, the Triumvirate is one the most powerful nations on this world. You can't say we didn't achieve anything else of value now.' -Supreme Commander Izon Destraud the Second

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Nation Name: The Democratic Republic of Hladgos
Population: 3.7 trillion
Tech Level: Late FT
Number of Systems: 37 core, 794 outer
Number of Ships: 250,000 capitol, 400,000 frigates, 950,000 small craft
Tech Base: Star Wars, My own

Just so its here. And a tag.

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Good, good.

Nation name: The Zectoran Empire
Population: 1 Trillion
Tech level: High(Ancient but powerful technology)
Number of systems: None, this is subject to change frequently.
Number of ships: 500,000 supercarriers, 250,000 superdreadnaughts, 134,000 dreadnaughts, 49,000 battleships(basestars)
Tech base: Halo Covenant, Stargate, Battle Galactica, Transformers, and my OWN DAMN IMAGINATION.
Member of GESO

'War is in our blood. It's a part of Vetegan history. We cannot escape who we are, so we've learned to embrace it. Now look at us, the Triumvirate is one the most powerful nations on this world. You can't say we didn't achieve anything else of value now.' -Supreme Commander Izon Destraud the Second

United Districts of 1
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Nation name: The Kyoto Trade Union
Population: 2.9 trillion
Tech level: Terrestrial High (Conventional tech that's very advanced)
Number of systems: 50 core, 769 outer colonies and outposts
Number of ships: The entire navy consists of roughly 1 and a half million fighting and logistics ships.
Tech base: Mass effect, My own imagination.

Hey guys! I had to drop the last one because of school but summer is near and my schedule is clear!
Please refer to me as The Kyoto Trade Union at all times in IC
All that is required for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.
Lenehen wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Getting 90% of his military killed during an unnecessary, botched invasion of Russia?

Exactly! He killed a lot of frenchmen- something any englishman should aspire to!
My name in cat= Aknò:ziˑn rnckxx zeˑx

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Yay UD1 is in!!!
You're accepted as well.
Member of GESO

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:20 pm

How's this for an opener? Should I add more? Ideas?

The Galaxy is at peace. After years of turmoil under the oppression of the Imperium of Man, several powerful empires fought back and defeated the enemy. However, all was not as it seemed. An ancient enemy of all life rose up and unleashed its evil on the galaxy. The beings called the Tectrite were crushed at a great cost to the newly formed alliance against the threat. Billions died in every territory. In it's wake, an uneasy peace holds by a thin line. However, the fragile calm could be easily broken. Empires rise from the ashes through war and diplomacy. Technologies originally created for peace are now being engineered for war. And, a peculiar metal planets floats freely amongst the stars, attacking and annihilating all in its path. Now, as the galaxy finally begins to finish rebuilding itself after the Years of Terror, a new enemy threatens its peace. They wait in the void beyond the stars. The inhabitants of the Milky Way are in great danger. Little did they know that the fate of another galaxy would seal theirs as well.

The name of this great enemy has been lost in time. They've been lurking in the Shadowrealm for eons. Now, they rise as if the destruction of the ancient being known as Omnipotence during the Years of Terror has awoken them from a great sleep. The buffer to all things dark to the Milky Way is falling. Who knows what will occur.
Last edited by Vetega on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of GESO

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:23 pm

is it okay if i play a horde of chaos that's made up of random sci-fi races and warped versions of their tech?
Government: Romanist Ceasarist Dictatorship
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality
Ethnic Groups: American, Latino, Filipino

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:24 pm

North Calaveras wrote:is it okay if i play a horde of chaos that's made up of random sci-fi races and warped versions of their tech?

That depends. Explain how it would work. I'll need to know if it can be within reasonable bounds.
Member of GESO

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Vetega wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:is it okay if i play a horde of chaos that's made up of random sci-fi races and warped versions of their tech?

That depends. Explain how it would work. I'll need to know if it can be within reasonable bounds.

for instance when a army arrives its a mix mash of sci-fi races and ships, the only thing that ties them together is their worship of chaos

so picture Klingons worshipping khorne, covenant traitors from halo serving chaos, chaos protoss from starcraft, chaos stromtroopers from star wars etc etc
Last edited by North Calaveras on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:28 pm

I think you should add something like Formerly peaceful nations now rule by the law of the gun. Militaristic superpowers amass navies on scales of what would be seen as impossible. And technologies once designed for exploration, mining, healing, and teaching, now serve as weapons.
I might add more later.

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:29 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Vetega wrote:That depends. Explain how it would work. I'll need to know if it can be within reasonable bounds.

for instance when a army arrives its a mix mash of sci-fi races and ships, the only thing that ties them together is their worship of chaos

so picture Klingons worshipping khorne, covenant traitors from halo serving chaos, chaos protoss from startrek, chaos stromtroopers from star wars etc etc

Ah I see. I guess they will be sowing untold amounts of chaos around the galaxy then. That's fine then. Submit your app. :)
Member of GESO

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Nation name: The Democratic Republic of The Orson Empire
Population: 2 Trillion
Tech level: High
Number of systems: 1 Core, 800 Outer Systems
Number of ships: 100,000 Battleships, 20,000 Dreadnoughts, 2 Death Stars, and 5 Million Fighters, bombers, interceptors, gunships, and transports.
Tech base: Star Wars and my own imagination

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Hladgos wrote:I think you should add something like Formerly peaceful nations now rule by the law of the gun. Militaristic superpowers amass navies on scales of what would be seen as impossible. And technologies once designed for exploration, mining, healing, and teaching, now serve as weapons.
I might add more later.

That is actually pretty awesome. Thank you. I'll add this to the opening.
Member of GESO

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:32 pm

I dont think there should be a war at the moment, unless it is small or something. How about, like in Ender's Game, there is a pact between all of the superpowers and smaller nations not to go to war. Not because they like eachother more just because of the fear that something else might happen on a galactic scale. Though this alliance may be falling apart due to the hundreds of individual star systems leaving the pact saying that the wars are over and the pact is just a way to keep the superpowers in control.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:34 pm

We could make it a Galactic Civil War

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:34 pm

The Years of terror
Those that came from the rim led by omnipotence were beings of immense power and seemingly evil purpose. They were called the Tectrite in the Kyoto Trade Union, creatures of flesh that dwarfed even the largest ships of steel. They tore through the galaxies fleets which had just recovered from the war with Imperium of Man. Billions died in the opening weeks of the war, entire armadas swept aside by a single creature. By the second month of the war it seemed that every person in the galaxy was doomed, but the battle of unity turned the tide against the creatures swarms. A remote colony on the fringes of Union space. The remaining fleets of the galaxy forged an uneasy alliance and lured the creatures armada to the world. Once the beasts had fallen for the trick the Hammerfell overloaded its core next to the binary stars of the system and caused the stars to go Super-Nova. The resulting blast wiped out the remnants of the Union fleet but also eradicated the creatures. It would take years to recover, but the nations of the galaxy may put their distances behind them just long enough.
Lenehen wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Getting 90% of his military killed during an unnecessary, botched invasion of Russia?

Exactly! He killed a lot of frenchmen- something any englishman should aspire to!

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:35 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:Nation name: The Democratic Republic of The Orson Empire
Population: 2 Trillion
Tech level: High
Number of systems: 1 Core, 800 Outer Systems
Number of ships: 100,000 Battleships, 20,000 Dreadnoughts, 2 Death Stars, and 5 Million Fighters, bombers, interceptors, gunships, and transports.
Tech base: Star Wars and my own imagination

Make sure that your death stars aren't overpowered and invincible. Other than that you're accepted.

@Hldagos: This is why I added that the peace is fragile in the opening. Having a war from the start would be boring. We should work up to it. I know for a fact that I'll destroy the Wraith in this rp. The Hezion will do it. That's just a small conflict compared to what's coming though.
Member of GESO

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:35 pm

A glactic civil war would cripple us all, making it inevitable that our demise is imminent from the onslaught of the Zectoran Empire. I like long words. :ugeek:

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Dont kill all of the wraith! I like the Red King and his queens! Even if they all die, we can clone them, though their culture will be lost forever. Virel! Thats his name. Oh, and if the death stars get annoying, we can always shoot a proton missile in the exhaust shaft. :roll:

Vetega
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Hladgos wrote:A glactic civil war would cripple us all, making it inevitable that our demise is imminent from the onslaught of the Zectoran Empire. I like long words. :ugeek:

The Zectorans aren't the main enemy. Their enemy is the main enemy. The Vexil. The Zectorans are just going to weaken you. Once the Vexil arrive the Zectorans will probably leave you to fight them on your own. A civil war would be good to rp, but will it fit in with everything else?

The Wraith will be nearly destroyed. The survivors will escape on a superhive.
Member of GESO

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:40 pm

im confused on the story and major players :evil:

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Nation name: Confederation of the New Free Planets Alliance
Population: 94 billion
Tech level: Far-FT
Number of systems: 20 primary settled worlds (plus some holdings on Earth), 70,000 claimed resource systems*
Number of ships: 46,965,784 commissioned ships**
Tech base: Legend of Galactic Heroes, My own ideas, Xenosaga, Star Trek, Physics

*The resource zone holds no permanent population aside from a few worlds set aside for refugees taken in from certain other conflicts. They are counted in the 94 billion population, but are not legal citizens of the Confederation, although they have developed an advanced economy for themselves.

**No more than 10% are active at any one time during peace, although all are in commission. This isn't a random number; I have a fleet table that breaks down the exact number of each ship class, and specs for each ship. Total crew has also been taken into account, as well as a percentage of the economy and population. The number also includes support non-combat ships, which make up roughly 25% of the total force.

If at all possible though, for the purposes of balance and due to backstory, the Alliance is 'new' to this universe/timeline, having established a colony (the Akasha Colony). Thus, the entire Alliance is not present, and has only recently established relations.
Last edited by The Akasha Colony on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:41 pm

The survivors will escape on a superhive

We already have the makings of a post-apocalyptic FT RP.

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Vetega wrote:
Hladgos wrote:A glactic civil war would cripple us all, making it inevitable that our demise is imminent from the onslaught of the Zectoran Empire. I like long words. :ugeek:

The Zectorans aren't the main enemy. Their enemy is the main enemy. The Vexil. The Zectorans are just going to weaken you. Once the Vexil arrive the Zectorans will probably leave you to fight them on your own. A civil war would be good to rp, but will it fit in with everything else?

The Wraith will be nearly destroyed. The survivors will escape on a superhive.

The Kyoto Trade Union will probably be in ruin and reduced to a bunch of squabbling city-states.
Lenehen wrote:

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:43 pm

We could be another side, trying to stop the civil war in our galaxy. The plot would dramatically develop off this. By the way I like that starter you posted earlier. It would start off the story good

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents