NATION

PASSWORD

GIA OOC Thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Scandinvans
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2004
Capitalist Paradise

GIA OOC Thread

Postby The Scandinvans » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:46 pm

In an attempt to better organize the GIA IC thread please post any further OOC here.
We are the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans. Surrender or be destroyed. Your civilization has ended, your time is over. Your people will be assimilated into our Empire. Your technological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. Your culture shall be supplanted by our own. And your lands will be made into our lands.

"For five thousand years has our Empire endured. In war and peace we have thrived. Against overwhelming odds we evolved. No matter what we face we have always survived and grown. We shall always be triumphant." -Emperor Godfrey II

Hope for a brighter tomorrow - fight the fight, find the cure

Kagetora
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:52 pm

Well I'd like to say that while I don't want the GIA to be seen as a violent alliance, I want GIA presence to be felt and to be taken into consideration whenever one of the members speaks out.
If you want help with something, simply send me a telegram. I'll do my best to respond intelligently, and if I can't I'll refer you to someone who can.
Caladan Imperium||Montgomery Broadcasting [EII]

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:32 am

Kagetora wrote:Well I'd like to say that while I don't want the GIA to be seen as a violent alliance, I want GIA presence to be felt and to be taken into consideration whenever one of the members speaks out.
A wise point, e.g. moderation in all things.

Genrally, a member, due to the relative size of many of our alliance's nations, does have a good deal of ability to cause people to think twice.
We are the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans. Surrender or be destroyed. Your civilization has ended, your time is over. Your people will be assimilated into our Empire. Your technological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. Your culture shall be supplanted by our own. And your lands will be made into our lands.

"For five thousand years has our Empire endured. In war and peace we have thrived. Against overwhelming odds we evolved. No matter what we face we have always survived and grown. We shall always be triumphant." -Emperor Godfrey II

Gc1mak
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gc1mak » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:23 am

I would like to have a threat level list to determine our alliance's stance against certain nation,like this:
5-Highly Dangerous
4-Dangerous
3-Threatening
2-Suspicious
1-Normal

Xin Han
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Han » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:24 am

Gc1mak wrote:I would like to have a threat level list to determine our alliance's stance against certain nation,like this:
5-Highly Dangerous
4-Dangerous
3-Threatening
2-Suspicious
1-Normal

I am up for this. It would allow members to watch out for certain nations and give members a higher sense of unity.
Liu Quan, Courtesy Name: Tong
Emperor of the Great Empire and Dynasty of Xin Han, Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years and of the Present Time, Supreme Governor and Protector of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Xin Han, and Patriarch of the House of Liu

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:20 am

The Scandinvans wrote:
Kagetora wrote:Well I'd like to say that while I don't want the GIA to be seen as a violent alliance, I want GIA presence to be felt and to be taken into consideration whenever one of the members speaks out.
A wise point, e.g. moderation in all things.

Genrally, a member, due to the relative size of many of our alliance's nations, does have a good deal of ability to cause people to think twice.

That's true. I remember running an average awhile back, and it put the average population of member nations somewhere around 3 billion. Even so, I don't think most people even know who is in the GIA or what it is.

Xin Han wrote:
Gc1mak wrote:I would like to have a threat level list to determine our alliance's stance against certain nation,like this:
5-Highly Dangerous
4-Dangerous
3-Threatening
2-Suspicious
1-Normal

I am up for this. It would allow members to watch out for certain nations and give members a higher sense of unity.

Wouldn't it be easier to make a watchlist and blacklist? I mean, people in the "normal" category don't need the Alliance's attention. Those who are "highly dangerous" would probably be on a blacklist anyway.
If you want help with something, simply send me a telegram. I'll do my best to respond intelligently, and if I can't I'll refer you to someone who can.

Modern day Hobbeebia
Attaché

Founded: Jan 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Modern day Hobbeebia » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:47 am

I rarely use my original nation Hobbeebia because my population is somerwhere in the 13.04 billion mark. I would also be in favor of a Blacklist system over a threat indication for individual nation. I would perfer however a threat indication for hostile Alliances.

EDIT: I have Clan Princess that is free.
Last edited by Modern day Hobbeebia on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:39 am

To clarify, I will make a diplomatic statement in the recent conflict, but I will not make a direct military intervention unless if there is an actual need to.

I am planning a campaign of expansion elsewhere. :p

Altane
Diplomat

Founded: May 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:48 am

The Monarchy in Dezania has been restored.

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Altane wrote:The Monarchy in Dezania has been restored.

Heh? :eyebrow:

Altane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Just letting you know after it was an Arab Republic, I assisted in the Monarchies restoration there.

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:04 am

Altane wrote:Just letting you know after it was an Arab Republic, I assisted in the Monarchies restoration there.
The war has yet to come to a conclusion.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:28 pm

Hey guy's. Things got busy as hell here. I'll try to be available more often from now on. So what's the current situation?
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:29 pm

Still not very active. There was some military action some people were taking, and that's about it right now.

Gc1mak
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gc1mak » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:36 pm

Well,after some argument over a PMT-FT nation,I wish to know can I be accepted,I play MT-Early PMT(Yeah I only played in one PMT rp that died out)

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:37 pm

Post an application

Modern day Hobbeebia
Attaché

Founded: Jan 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Modern day Hobbeebia » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:40 pm

I am more open to some PMT but not if its heavy. Things like an advanced warfighter system is ok, or some of Kravens stuff is ok, but not casual space travel. I have known some people on here to claim Halos UNSC was PMT. For me thats to much. I actually like not having an application like most alliances do. It seperates us from the masses. We instead base our acceptance based on the effort they put into asking.

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:49 am

Modern day Hobbeebia wrote:I am more open to some PMT but not if its heavy. Things like an advanced warfighter system is ok, or some of Kravens stuff is ok, but not casual space travel. I have known some people on here to claim Halos UNSC was PMT. For me thats to much. I actually like not having an application like most alliances do. It seperates us from the masses. We instead base our acceptance based on the effort they put into asking.
Gernally us oldies, inlcuding you Hobbeebia, have accepted Kraven work as the line.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:15 am

I'm glad that other nations accepted me, and would like to get involved within this alliance, is there some sort of GIA forums where it is possible to see what the GIA is involved in and what it is doing?
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:19 am

Blouman Empire wrote:I'm glad that other nations accepted me, and would like to get involved within this alliance, is there some sort of GIA forums where it is possible to see what the GIA is involved in and what it is doing?
Nope. I have tried multiple forums and it gets to troublesome to make one. E.g. I no longer care for Invisionfree.

Stoklomolvi
Minister

Founded: May 02, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Stoklomolvi » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:30 am

Forums are typically useless anyway.

Scandinvans, was the agreement made public yet?
Demonym: Stoklomolvi
Stoklomolvi Liaoist Federation
Factbook -- Interpol -- Liaoism (old) -- News Agency (old) -- Commerce Comissariat -- Minyang
Defensive Preparedness: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Nuclear Launch Protocol: А | Б | В | Г | Д
Leader: Commissar Vladimir Mikhailovich Stuyonovich

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:33 am

Stoklomolvi wrote:Forums are typically useless anyway.

Scandinvans, was the agreement made public yet?
No. But, I enforce them. TG heading your way.

Altane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:39 am

agreement?

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:44 am

Altane wrote:agreement?
Yeah, we, by we I mean I, have agreed to a basic none aggression where we shall not enter into direct conflict with Stok or his little alliance.

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:52 pm

Which makes things dificult for some of us. *cough*

Though I would like input, if not the final say, on any agreement I am forced to abide by.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents