NATION

PASSWORD

An Open Declaration of Intent [ Open ]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:14 pm

The Lemon Islands wrote:-Snip-

The First Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd

Our earlier statement stands. Failure to withdraw intent to send aid to any aid to Vbingvan or Cylarn will result in the extermination, subjugation and annihilation of the Lemonian state in its entirety. Your interventionist tendencies will ultimately result in your own citizens losing and sacrificing their lives for a cause which does not concern them.

This is not negotiable.

Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill
Supreme Warlord of Milograd
Retired

Tecknoko
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tecknoko » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:24 pm

"Get me CINC-TEAD on the line now." spoke the Chancellor. Being the Risen Chancellor, she was the first Chancellor of Teckian half of the joined Teckian-Dh'arconian juncture. She was not a fresh face to politics, serving as the previous Chancellor's secretary and personal aid until his death in the Teckian-Dh'arconian war of subjugation, and under her red hair she knew what most men never learn in their entire lifetimes. True fear. Being thirty one and widowed, she knew first hand the destruction of war and what it caused a person to feel. She knew the pain that a wife would feel as she watched her husband slowly bleed to death in the middle of the street beside fellow soldiers. She knew the anguish she felt once he was gone and she held his lifeless corpse as if she could still bring him back to her. She knew the revenge that she extracted upon the Dh'arconian Empire was justified. She knew how the Dh'arconian people had been purged in the nuclear fires. She knew what had to be done. Her eyes blazed with her husbands passion and a wave of determination swept over her. Then she suddenly became aware that she was still standing in the command center, motionless. With her revitalized determination, she waited for CINC-TEAD to answer. suddenly the line crackled and a grizzled voice began to speak.

"Chancellor. What do you request?"

"Have the repairs been completed in the Draman mountains?"

"They have my Chancellor."

"Excellent. Initiate Sierra Protocol. Detonation in twelve hours. Confirmation Charlie Alpha Eight Three Four Nine Whiskey Draman."

"Yes my Chancellor."

As she lowered the phone the entire command staff, including the emotionless Resource Initiative agent, paused and stared at the Chancellor. They all had looks of bewilderment upon their faces, unsure of how to proceed. Not a soul in the room besides herself even knew of Sierra Protocol, let alone would think that an unknown Protocol wold be put into effect. The Resource Initiative agent was the most agitated, mainly because he had not been fully informed of the situation so far and now an unknown Protocol was in effect. As she phone clicked back onto the desk, the Resource Initiative agent walked over towards the Chancellor, anxious to learn the full truth. Before the Resource Initiative agent could even begin to finish his stride, the Chancellor stopped him.

"Halt. Ask no questions and I shall tell you everything. As you all very well know, one week ago I sent a message to Vbingvan, declaring an opening of hostilities. Since then I have received only two messages. One being a reply from Vbingvan, stating that they didn't intend for war with us, and second, a request from Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill, personally asking me for a full retaliation upon any and all states that we are capable of. I personally made an assessment that the Vbingvanian menace was not the full and immediate threat but was none-the-less considered heavily. However, Dneprdaniya was seen as a powerful threat to the Empire and I made the decision for a retaliation against said nation. Now you must be wondering what Sierra Protocol is. Sierra protocol was an informal protocol between myself, the previous Chancellor, CINC-TEAD, and CINC-EGCOF. It stated that if there was ever a grave and more powerful threat, that a nuclear and/or biological response was the quickest, safest, and most logical choice to inflict millions of causalities upon any hostile nation. Sierra Protocol also stated that if fully stalked, one tenth of our biological agents would be launched at a given time, with a nuclear response to come if the hostile nation continued down its current path. This Protocol was also initiated ten years ago, today. I have now initiated Sierra Protocol and once started, the launch cycle can't be stopped. We are fully stalked of our biological agents and impact of the missiles will be in exactly twelve hours from confirmation of its activation."

Shock filled the room. The Resource Initiative agent was for the second time, speechless and helpless. But he saw how correct the Chancellor was. She had just saved he lives of her soldiers by ordering an Aerospace assault instead of an invasion. With the room now in full accord and understanding of the situation, it once again became alive with activity. The Chancellor was pleased with herself also. She had just killed a million souls, maybe more. And their would be more blood spilled. She no longer held the Dh'arconians responsible for her husbands death, but every enemy she fought was. As she began to leave the room, she motioned for her personal aid to follow and the for the Resource Initiative agent to stay and take control of the situation. with her scarlet and black robes flowing behind her, she made towards her bed chambers in the Inner Sanctum heavily tucked a mile and a half under the capitol of tecknoko, Teckshi. With her head held high and her scarlet hair falling onto her scarlet robes, she made the trek with just her aid.

The biological agents will be nerve gas, weaponized smallpox, ricin, and potentially staphylococcal enterotoxin B used later
Last edited by Tecknoko on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Tecknoko on Fri Mar 05, 1972 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Dh'arconian Kaiserreich of Tecknoko
Mindhar on The Lord of the Rings

The Lemon Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lemon Islands » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:37 pm

THE REPUBLIC OF THE LEMON ISLANDS PRESIDENT

From:Daniel Montie,President of the Lemon Islands and the Lemonese Government
To:To the government of Milograd
subject:~

Fine,let it be your way but we'll come to the need of anyone asking us to help them with Humanitarian aid,even with the risk of war.Lastly this isn't a way making nations joining your cause,for example we weren't sure which side to pick,now it's certainly not you,anyway,I the president of the Lemon Islands as well as all the government have decided to withdraw any aid or plan,regarding this conflict, and declare a state of netruality between our nations,if you revoke your war declaration towards our Republic.

Sincerely
Daniel Montie,President of the Republic of the Lemon Islands
Manamanah turu tururu manamanah turururu

Saint Catherines and Leiszwiesen
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Catherines and Leiszwiesen » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm sorry that this post isn't as good as the others. I'm going to dinner with my family tonight and didn't have much time to write!

The Hotel d'Chatrin Matthieu
Northern Shores, Leiszwiesen
Saturday, 4th February, 2012

Lucien Auzric paced nervously back and forth around the foot board of his mattress, wallowing it seemed in the muck of Avarice. It had been almost forty-eight hours since Carmen DiScona had met with him in Port Hope about getting a Government Visa to travel to Milograd. Thanks to a few helpfully 'borrowed' passwords, he'd been scanning the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Bureau of Customs and Border Enforcement's fly list to see if he'd been green lighted for the trip. A lot had to happen for his mission to Gholgoth to get the go-ahead, and there was no way that he would be able to get clearance so quickly through the Foreign Ministry, especially with his rather checkered past throughout the Hellish mosh pits that served as nations in the third world. Despite that, Carmen should have at least got his name on the fly list, so that the process could begin.

Because Milograd was in the midst of a major war, the Government of the Commonwealth restricted civilian travel to any area where they could encounter danger. It was a real draconian measure, designed to help eliminate all traces of remembrance from the dark days of Wiesen occupation. Even so, rules were rules, and to circumvent them would mean certain imprisonment at Anamona or Dachsundburg for violation of the country's new pacifistic rule of law. What he needed to have happen was for the Foreign Ministry of the Commonwealth to approve his name for a special travel permit, granting him the ability to travel anywhere unrestricted. At that point, the Foreign Ministry would make overtures towards the Gothic nation of Milograd and seek to obtain permission to have a Leiszen photographer enter the country. If all went according to plan, he'd then be flying off to a rendezvous with history.

Only two days had gone by, and not a peep from Port Hope. Carmen DiScona was a woman of integrity and principle, but she was also very cunning in her deception of men who had burned her in the past. Lucien Auzric wasn't exactly a popular name high up on the list, despite their past together. He had hoped that time had mended their argument in Sharanshope several years prior, but Carmen was definitely uncomfortable around him during their meeting. So much time had elapsed, that it had begun to create evil machinations in his mind. With the last ten Leiszmarks to his name, Lucien had purchased a bottle of sipping whiskey, and had proceeded to intoxicate himself quite liberally. Despite copious amounts of liquor running through his system, the nervousness had neither disappeared, nor abated in the slightest. It was running him up the wall with anxiety and frustration.

"Answer me, damn it!" Lucien took another long, hard swig on the bottle of whiskey, coughing and gasping violently at the potency of the alcohol. As if on cue, he heard it—Ring! Ring! Ring!—the answer to his long-standing misery. With an almost puppyish yelp, Auzric fell out of his chair, scrambling to get to the telephone on the other side of the bed. He dove onto the comforter, reaching for the receiver and quickly cradling it by his ear: "Hello?"

"Lucien? It's Carmen DiScona in Port Hope."

"Carmen!" Lucien blurted, unable to contain his joy. "How are you this fine evening! I hope the weather's nice!" Carmen's response was anything but civil: "Cut the crap, buster, I know you. I'd bet the farm that you're sitting in a hotel room drunk off your butt right now, wallowing around like a poor, helpless dog that's dying on the side of a road. Or maybe you're covered in enough flop sweat to look like a fish suffocating out of water, who knows."

"Now that wasn't very nice..."

"Spare me, Luke," Carmen quieted him, sighing deeply. "I put in some phone calls to various agencies around town, trying to figure out if there was a way we could get you a travel visa. Now, I've done what I can from my end, and you've got to realize that the Milogradians could still shoot this down, but..."

"You got me on the fly list!?"

Carmen's inflection audibly changed from one of irritation to one of concern, seemingly in mid-breath. "Aye, Lucien, aye. You'll be on the fly list first thing Monday morning. But," she cautioned, "I can guarantee you that you'll be put on red list status. You know what that means, right?" Lucien was already up off the bed, carrying the telephone with him as he moved quickly towards his suitcases. "Indeed. Don't get arrested, don't get shot at, because the Commonwealth will turn me to the wolves at the first sign of trouble. Basically, don't put my Johnson where it doesn't belong."

"How cute; I doubt it could get stuck in anything, Lucien."

"Now that's just not right..."

"Spare me the routine. Just take care of yourself, and make it back home without triggering an international incident for the Commonwealth, would you? I'm already sticking my neck out on the line for you as is." Lucien opened his mouth to provide a joking retort, but Carmen had already hung up the phone on her end. He listened to the hissing static of dead air for a minute, feeling his good mood slipping a bit. Though he had been concerned only for the mission at hand two days before (and remained steadfast in his desire to travel now), his conscience began to register that there was more to Carmen's bluster than just irritation at having to step out on his behalf. She was genuinely concerned for his safety, and the thought was...

Well, you know. Slaves, even former ones who had since tasted the sweet nectar of freedom weren't overly used to having people care for their safety and well-being. He'd have to remember that on his way to Milograd, if his Heaven-sent invitation managed to pan out...
Last edited by Saint Catherines and Leiszwiesen on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Commonwealth of Saint Catherines & Leiszwiesen
The Island Home of the Leiszen People.

Population: 5,000,000 || Government: Commonwealth Democracy || Prime Minister: Maria Saenz || Currency: The Leiszmark (£)

"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

A Look Into the Mind Behind the Machine...

Postby Milograd » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:50 pm

"Yet again the nature of international community - perpetual warfare and tension - has been displayed, and at no time has it been evermore manifest why we seek and desire isolation from the aforesaid community."~ Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill

+++++++++
Conference Chamber, Grand Hall of Argyz
Milograd
Gholgoth
1140 hours – 2/17/12
+++++++++

For the first time in nearly a year, a press conference hosted in the Grand Hall of Argyz itself was organized by the Dh'arconian High Command. Upon having received news of the Lemonian "Declaration of Neutrality," Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill immediately began to prepare for the announcement of the Empires' nullification of its declaration of war. Jukill was hopeful that this nullification would ultimately convince the international community that if left alone, Milograd would not bring harm to anyone. It was the sole objective of Milograd to return to an undisturbed isolation within the cold region of Gholgoth...

In the Conference Chamber of the Hall, countless amounts of reporters stood in anxiety waiting to record Jukill's statements, which would eventually be posted online for the entire world's viewing. Many of them had arrived several hours prior to when the actual address would begin, as to acquire seats closer to the speaking platform of the room, but regardless there will still reporters entering the chamber at this spoken time. A majority of them were associates of the Gholgoth Regional News Association ( GRNA ), which was responsible for the transfer and reporting of any Milograd-related news to the international community. National media outlets had no means of conveying their news to parties outside of Milograd due to Dh'arconian Media laws. All of Milograd's media organizations were technically subdivisions of the Argyzian Authority, in reality.

At 11:40pm GST the bronze doors of the Conference Chamber swung open, and from behind them emerged Dh'arco Jukill. His thin dark suit and black hair were easily visible before the greystone backdrop of the Grand Hall. The room, which had previously been filled with a soft whisper, immediately entered absolute silence upon his entering - only Jukill's rythmic footsteps could be heard. Four Resource Agents followed the Dh'arco Rahavuhra, their large protective gear obstructing any view of what lie behind them. If anyone spoke out of turn, made even the slightest noise, or attempted to harm the Dh'arco, they would be slaughtered on-site by the Agents, and the press conference would continue. They represented the epitome of Milogradian brutality, and they conveyed the state's emphasis on the value of obedience through their nature.

The Dh'arco looked upon the crowd, and raised his hand in the iconic Dh'arconian salute; a clenched fist against the left ear. The entirety of the room promptly followed suit, as to show their respect to the Milogradian Warlord. He smiled, and subsequently began his address. "Greetings, everyone. It has undoubtedly been a complicated series of weeks, our nation has been thrusted into war as the interventionist hordes continue to interfere with our grand march towards absolute isolation. Yet again the nature of international community - perpetual warfare and tension - has been displayed, and at no time has it been evermore manifest why we seek and desire isolation from the aforesaid community." He glanced around the room, and reporters continued to jot down notes on their clipboards. He then paused before continuing, "Outside of Gholgoth, the world constantly wars and interferes with the affairs of other nations as a means of forwarding their own twisted and misguided agenda; wanton interventionism through violence et war are applauded as courageous acts performed in the name of justice. The definition of 'justice' endorsed by corrupted institutions such as the World Assembly Security Council is not one that we shall accept; our definition of justice does not include the sacrificing of human life for the sake of causes which do not concern us. We are a fighting nation, yet we will not fight for that which does not concern us; we encourage the world to follow suit.

The Vbingvanians made the fatal mistake of assuming their relevance in the affairs of Milograd, and for that they shall pay the price of extermination, subjugation, and annihilation. Our war has arisen due to such, and Vbingvan shall fall as did Bisgea, Tecknoko, and Argatov. All others whom wish to infringe on Milograd's rightful sovereignty, and therein our right to isolation, shall meet the same fate." He paused yet again to capture his breath, and wiped off a batch of sweat from his forehead. "We realize that our interaction with the inherently flawed international community is unnecessary, and we realize that it is within the best interests of our people to refrain from maintaining an active international presence. We embrace these concepts - Dh'arconian thought - and realize that the annihilation of all those whom dare attempt to threaten us is entirely necessary. Like a sleeping beast, we will not harm those whom do not harm us. Milograd desires nothing more than peaceful isolation within the secluded Gholgoth region; we do not inflict outwardly harm, so why must others feel it necessary to threaten us? Intervention with Milograd leads to nothing but death and despair, so I would like to pose this question to the international community; why intervene when peace can be achieved through leaving us alone? Why must the sons and daughters of the state sacrifice their lives in the name of an unnecessary war?"

The reporters, translators and media representatives proceeded to applaud Jukill, his speech had thus far been a basic pro-Dh'arconian rant. Many of the present reporters did not necessarily agree with what had been said, but they were required to applaud if they wished to have access to the press conference. Jukill continued his speech as the applause died down. "Regardless, as the War of Liberty in Vbingvan continues, I would like to announce the withdrawal of Milograd's declaration of war against the Lemon Islands. The Lemon Islands had originally declared their intent to interfere with the Milogradian objective of isolationism, but soon realized that it would be better for their people - and our people - if they refrained from doing so. A truly Dh'arconian act indeed, we can only applaud the Lemonian administration for their revised stance on the matter in Vbingvan. The Dh'arconian High Command encourages other nations to follow the example set by the Lemon Islands. The Milogradian 'Declaration of Intent' is still valid, but I pine to see the day wherein its use will be obsolete. I will now answer any questions."

The reporters instantly began calling the Dh'arco Rahavuhra's name and raising their hands, and Jukill briefly surveyed over the audience. He noticed a short, stocky, bald man with glasses in the front row, and pointed at him. "What is your question, sir?"

"Mr. Supreme Warlord, I mean no offense in asking this, but how can you justify the genocide and annihilation of a state that merely intended to send 'a single regiment for every invading nation' to Milograd?'"

Jukill chuckled. "Thank you for your question, and no offense is taken. I dislike the term genocide, personally, for it implies that something is inherently negative. What we are doing in Vbingvan is not 'genocide,' but rather 'cleansing.' We are cleansing the world of the interventionist menace so that mankind can exist in peace. Do you dislike peace? I think not, and that is how what you call 'genocide' is justified." The man refrained from asking any further questions, and promptly returned to his seat. Jukill then pointed to another face in the crowd, this time that of a tall woman whom worked for Saxifrage from Tosmaldevo. She rose at his command, and asked, "Dh'arco Rahavuhra, how do you think the Gholgoth Regional Alliance itself will respond to these recent events? Do you intend to withdraw its carrier group away from Sniper Country in the name of defense?"

Several moments passed, and Jukill thought over her question. The Gholgoth Regional Alliance was undoubtedly a melting pot of various types of nations, many of them warlike and offensive in the eyes of the international community, yet nations such as the Drakonian Imperium coexisted in the alliance with these "offensive states." This meant that the response from Gholgoth itself had a chance of being unexpected. "My colleagues and I trust that our Gothic brothers will understand the reasoning for our campaigns, and we trust that they will recognize the recent stress that the Empire has been under. Our allies in the Kraven Reich and in Automagfreek have both seen condemnations submitted against them by the interventionist scum of the World Assembly, so I assume that the Reichmarshall and Dreadfire will sympathize with our irritation at such. I believe that the alliance will collectively conclude that the Empire had no other choice than to take the measures that it has to ensure the protection of its sovereignty, and we have already seen our allies in AMF, Jagada, and Telros come to our aide. Milograd has, and will yet again, extend a sincere expression of gratitude to the men and women actively fighting the interventionist menace. Our reasons for war may be different, but ultimately we fight for the same cause.

As for your question about Sniper Country and Ralkovia, that is a discussion for another time. Anyone else?"

A loud, masculine voice emanated from the center of the crowd, "What will become of Vbingvan after extermination, and are there to be any future diplomatic relations between the Lemon Islands and Milograd?" This question, unlike it's predecessor, had a short answer, "Upon the conclusion of our extermination and annihilation campaign, Vbingvan will be subjugated by the Resource Initiative and will be claimed as the Empire's newest territory. As for the Lemon Islands, it has been mutually agreed upon that there will be no further relations between us and the Lemonians. It is best that we do not interact with one another."

Jukill, upon answering this question, gestured to indicate the conclusion of the conference. "I must go at this time, but I appreciate your attention. The honorable men of the Resource Initiative shall escort you out of the Grand Hall." He then turned around and proceeded to walk through the bronze doors that he had previously passed through. The four Resource Agents that guarded him followed along, and a group of Agents began to enter the Conference room to escort the reports out of the building.

Within hours, broadcasts of the Dh'arco Rahavuhra's speech were being broadcasted internationally, and streams of the video were being watched online by millions of people...
Last edited by Milograd on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Retired

The Beatus
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Beatus » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Official Government Statement

Effective immediately, all diplomatic ties with the First Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd are being suspended. We have observed over these past days, and weeks a deliberate and consistent trend of warmongering, by the Imperial Milogradian Government. Repeated attempts at resolving this situation diplomatically have failed. At this time, answering a call for help from the sovereign government of Vbingvan, Beatusian forces are deploying to the waters around that nation. Their job shall be to aide the Vbingvan armed forces in the preservation of their national sovereignty against Milogradian intrusion. Should our forces be attacked, they will retaliate. Should any nation encroach upon Vbingvan territory, without permission of the Vbingvan Government, they shall be instructed to vacate Vbingvan territory. Should they fail to head such warnings they shall be attacked. We find it quite a shame that Peacekeeping forces need to be deployed in this situation, however, we are not willing to sit idly by while a nation is burned to the ground.

Signed,
His Holiness,
Edwardo Listless,
The Theocratic Dominion of The Beatus
Last edited by The Beatus on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Factbook | NS
The Theocratic Dominion of the Beatus
DEFense CONdition: 3 Enhanced Readiness

I Participated in the HDI World Census of Late Spring/Early Summer 2010! You can too at http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57088

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:34 pm

The Beatus wrote:Official Government Statement

Effective immediately, all diplomatic ties with the First Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd, have are being suspended. We have observed over these past days and weeks, a deliberate, and consistent trend of warmongering by the Imperial Milogradian Government. Repeated attempts at resolving this situation diplomatically, have failed. At this time, answering a call for help from the sovereign government of Vbingvan, Beatusian forces, are deploying to the waters around that nation. Their job, shall be to aide the Vbingvan armed forces, in the preservation of their national sovereignty, against Milogradian intrusion. Should our forces be attacked, they will retaliate. Should any nation, encroach upon Vbingvan territory, without permission of the Vbingvan Government, they shall be instructed to vacate Vbingvan territory. Should they fail to head such warnings, they shall be attacked. We find it quite a shame that Peacekeeping forces need to be deployed in this situation, however, we are not willing to sit idly by while a nation is burned to the ground.

Signed,
His Holiness,
Edwardo Listless

OFFICAL DECLARATION OF CORESPONDENCE FROM THE UNITEDIAN NATIONAL MILITARY COMMAND CENTERImage
[Recipiant:The Theocratic Dominion of The Beatus][Subject:RE Statement][Encryption:Code Green]

Greetings From The Grand Fascist Union!,

We, The Unitedian National Military Command Center have now confirmed that a state of hostilites are between our two nations. Your helping of the enemy is uneeded and very looked down apon. The enemy who started the conflict should finish the conflict no matter the consequences without outside help from foreigners such as The Theocratic Dominion. Threating nations that enter Vbingvan territory to extingish it's lawless leadership is feutile and is highly looked apon in Unitedia as a need for intervention. Countless other nations will face the same fate that awaits your's. Annhiliation and Extermination.

The Lemon Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lemon Islands » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:12 pm

The Presidential office was filled with feelings of relief and disappointment altogether.Most knew in there that despite peace is most valuable,they had failed in their first plan,President Daniel looked out of the window,and the anxiety of the populace,he then turned to his fellow ministers and tried to comfort them
"well,comrades I think we handled this situation pretty well,and after all we must respect other peoples' sovereignty,It is we that first and foremost must respect independent nations as we did lost much in order to make ours one of them"
Denny Pednoir:"Yeah but I did'nt get to help those people"
Victoria Dellier:"You tell me Damnit,I had to be all day on-guard and i lost the spa opening"
Pres.Daniel:"Now,now thats no reason to make a fuss is it?"
Victoria Dellier:"of course and it i-"
Pres.Daniel:"enough I have to make an official declaration everybody"
Victoria Dellier:"will you at least take me out tonight?"
"sure"And Daniel moved to his desk where a whole lot of cameramen where adjusting their equipment waiting for him to make his announcement
the cameras all zoomed at the firm face of his excellency the president all hussed...
"Dear citizens of the Lemon Isles,Comrades and Friends.Our nation albeit small in numbers has been able all time to overcome huge crisies with the Iron will of its people and our values,and so we were able to overcome one of the greatest possible threats our country could face,the Milograd conflict.Despite our sorrowness about the way things fared we are in the glad position to announce that the Declaration of War issued by the Milonian government has been revoked and a state of netruality came to cover the space between our nations.Our government however will not back up if Humanitarian help is asked by anyone as the government of the Lemonese people we will always fight for its rights and every oppressed peoples rights and freedom,Farethee well comrades and Long Live the Lemon Islands"
"How was I?"
Victoria Dellier:"Marvelous love ...now where do you think we should eat: at Mario's or at the Blue Marlin"

OCC:
your post : :clap:
Manamanah turu tururu manamanah turururu

Jagada
Envoy

Founded: Feb 15, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Jagada » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:29 pm

The Empire of All Jagites
You must walk through the darkness to see the light ...

To The Theocratic Dominion of The Beatus,

Your open statements to our brothers in the First Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd have been recieved by myself and in extension the Emperor of All Jagites, most sourly. Your Dominion has no place in this conflict beyond attempting to save an already broken nation from its own belligerence and foolishness. It is therefore the Emperor's desire to extend a final chance to your theocracy to recant your beliefs in war and renounce your declaration of war against Milograd. Your nation has a long, and no doubt proud history, it would be unfortunate to see it collapse in a heap of ruin and debris after a Gothic invasion. The sheer scale of the devastation would be worthy of song and tales, but only of a time to be cursed by your own people who will look to the skies and ask why their gods did not save them.

Should you refuse to comply with this statment, this olive branch of peace extended from the empire, or simply ignore it the Emperor will consider it an Act of War that will be dealt with with all necessary methods. The choice of is yours Mr. Listless -- your pride or your existance.

Lord Telge Pearland

House Pearland
Department of Foreign Relations
Friend of Kraven, 2005-2023
18 years of stories deleted
Kraven Prevails!

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 am

[OOC: If you are not familiar with how big is the Yohannesische Bundesbank, I would suggest that you visit its storefront and see the factual resources which it can commit easily, within a metaphorical simple click of one's finger.]

The Grand Palace of Lindblum
The Yohannesian Commonwealth
Gholgoth

Sir Julius Frej Shriver, the Foreign Affairs Minister of His Majesty's Government, stood staring emptily at the sky above from the balcony of his house. Dressed only in a simple bathrobe, he was just about to leave his house. The rain still fell heavily, dampening yet soothing his feeling from the inside out. It was none other but the feeling of calm and serenity. Taking a deep and heavy breath, Julius closed the balcony door lightly.

The black majority movements, negroes and orientals attempting to gain their metaphorical pie's share of the successes beholden upon this great nation were becoming more numerous in scope and magnitude. Various liberal medias of Yohannes' various overseas allied states, great powers akin to the Commonwealth itself such as Grays Harbor, Knootoss, Lamoni and Lyras, has continually streamlined the despicable and inhumane traits of Yohannes' three-class citizens policy and social condition. These political exploitative, shameless overseas agencies focused upon the plight of the nation's blacks and coloureds, gripped with an unshakeable chain of iron shackles by Yohannes' dominant white minority ruling government.

After getting dressed in his full official attire, Julius headed straight into the main entrance door, glancing at the glaring portraits of his predecessors left and right along the main corridor. The eyes of Admiral Lord Nelson looked at him with an open contempt, "liberal divvy", even he himself can hear the late aristocrat whispering behind its thin steel veil. The red carpet of the corridor seemed a tad dusty. Perhaps it would be time to teach a lesson or two at these lazy blacks. Maids or not, they needed to be taught a lesson thrice per week.

Coughing quietly, Julius opened the grand entrance door and made his way into the Ardenfontein street. As one of the principal street of the Commonwealth, only whites were allowed to walk there. Consequentially one would not be able to find neither oriental darkies or negroes within one's vicinity alongside the street. Walking steadily towards his destination, the foreign affairs minister opened his leather suitcase. Julius grabbed the official letter which was originally designated and written for Po Yue, the Milogradian ambassador-resident within the Yohannesian Commonwealth. It was of his intention that the Milogradian ambassador would deliver the letter towards Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill himself.

The minister stopped briefly, and decided that perhaps a second close reading would inflict no harm upon His Yohannesian Majesty's Government interest indeed.

To: Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill and the Milogradian Imperial Government.
    From: The Rt Hon. Julius Frej Shriver. Minister of Foreign Affairs to His Yohannesian Majesty's Government.
    Subject: Pledge of bilateral diplomatic and economic assistance. [translation: English] [encryption: A6NE7JB]

Your Honourary,

Representing the Commonwealth Government of the nineteen nations, it is in my capacity henceforth as the appointed Head for the Foreign & Trade Office of His Majesty's Government to voice the wish of the nineteen governments, and ultimately that of the Yohannesian Commonwealth and His Yohannesian Majesty's Government, regarding our intention; That of support, both diplomatically and economically, towards your represented government.

The Milogradian Government has long maintained and respected its pledge of bilateral diplomatic connection with that of His Majesty's Government; Some examples of which one may observed was the initiative of your represented government's part upon the quick commencement and existence of the Milogradian embassy within the capital district of Serfontein, its establishment of a further consulate-general mission within the district of Ardenfontein, and finally the trade agreements which both the Milogradian Empire and Yohannesian Crown Commonwealth Empire has maintained ever since the foundation of our represented nations' colonial empires overseas.

Both the Milogradian Government and that of the Yohannesian Commonwealth has maintained a strong, bilaterally beneficient joint-naval exercises throughout our various colonial holdings overseas, from that of lands as far flung as Xanadou and as close as Judea. The Milogradian Colonial Empire and Yohannesian Crown Commonwealth Empire has supported one another bilaterally, whether it be directly and/or non-directly, throughout multiple occassions overseas.

It was therefore that, with such factual evidence in mind, and historical connection spanning thrice a generation, the Yohannesian Crown and His Majesty's Government has pledged to commit a full monetary fund, granted and accredited by that of the central banking institution of His Majesty's Government, none other than that of the internationally renowned Yohannesische Bundesbank, within the direct injection sum of US$3,000,000,000,000.00 or three trillions in Universal Standard Dollar denomination. Further economic aid(s) shall be granted without a shadow of doubt, shall your represented government request as of such.

May the Imperial Realms of Gholgoth stand the test of time, and glorious be Milograd and Yohannes for thrice more a generation.

[OOC: Edit: Fixed spelling]
Last edited by Yohannes on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Dneprdaniya
Attaché

Founded: May 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Dneprdaniya » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:51 am

Tecknoko wrote:
The biological agents will be nerve gas, weaponized smallpox, ricin, and potentially staphylococcal enterotoxin B used later
Lol no, I'm here for a fight, not for an NBC exchange.
ВОЛКОВ БОЯТьСЯ; B ЛЕС НЕ КОДИТь

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Automagfreek » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:42 pm

Dneprdaniya wrote: Er, except we don't. You can't claim to know everything about something since your knowledge of everything is necessarily limited by what you don't know. In other words you don't know how much you know. That's a rule of military intelligence. Secondly, HUMINT is an extremely important part of intelligence. I don't know how you can claim to have immediate on-hand HUMINT about my country. Virtually everything you learn about "on the ground" is taken from HUMINT. Without HUMINT your intelligence operations amount to nothing. North Korea has extremely deep HUMINT penetration.

OOC: And yet somehow, in this modern age, not a single shred of information about your nation has ever been acquired by other nations? Sounds like an attempt at metagaming.

You don't know the very specific areas. There's no way you could know them [immediately.]

It's funny that you're in essence telling me where I'm looking. When I said "specific areas", I meant areas in which my combat operations will be conducted upon landing and so forth, that's where I'm looking, not out in the boondocks or other strategically unimportant areas. Naturally in the face of an amphibious landing you're going to move assets into the area of operations and prepare to oppose the landing, unless that's not what you're doing?

] Decoys do produce heat and radar signatures. That's the point of a decoy. You would have to be constantly monitoring my country to be able to plot the movement of all decoy forces and all conventional forces, but not only that, you would have to be following them all the time so that you always knew which were real and which weren't.

Not necessarily. Comparisons of subsequent satellites sweeps (both video and picture) can be used to plot out courses. If my intel people notice a column of 10 tanks, 4 trucks, and an AA platform in one grid, then notice the same column in another, then you can effectively chart movement. Different armored units will be operating in their own designated areas, unless you're the type that masses all of his vehicles in one area. Also, what kind of decoys are you using? Do they have heaters or heater coils? Are they made of certain materials to simulate RCS? Each method will have its own characteristics, and advantages/disadvantages. The more advanced you make a decoy, the more costly it will be and in turn the less money you will have to field the real thing.

All forms of intelligence are vital and valuable. Nonetheless, all forms of intelligence should be combined with in-field reconnaissance to be really accurate.

I understand this, and need no lesson on the merits of intelligence gathering. What I'm doing via satellite is the first phase of my intelligence operations, and I plan on expanding it using UAV's, boots on the ground, and other means when the time comes. Unless you would prefer that I just skip to that phase right off the bat?

lol

Problem?

Also your technology is completely unproven, sorry.

What are you referring to specifically, hypersonics (which have been proven), or my other tech? If it's my other tech you refer to, then you should have known better before ICly pissing me off. I don't use RL tech, I use my own brand (or those purchased from others in rare cases) for everything.

Uh, the S-300 complex can attack hypersonic weapons. S-300PMU-3 i.e. S-400 was specifically designed to be an ABM complex.

First off, S-300=/=S-400. Secondly, the S-300 variants can engage tactical short range and some medium range nuclear missiles (and even these capabilities are token at best), not full on strategic missiles. Against tactical ballistic missiles it has a 0.7 probability of kill (on paper), but that number gets worse when you stack it up against faster and longer range missiles. And no, they wouldn't be able to engage ICBM class hypersonics either, since it's basically a conventional ICBM to being with and its terminal phase is too fast for the S-300 to properly engage. You can attack it, sure, but the odds of interception are hilariously slim. I've talked with our regional aerospace engineer (real life) about all of this. And by the way, the S-300 has never been fired in actual combat, so we don't even know how it would operate in a real world scenario. Of course it has a 100% SUCCESS! rate in state run tests, but such claims are dubious at best, especially considering the Russians have a reputation for over-stating their military capabilities.

EDIT: I really don't have the time nor patience to have arguments about tech, and I can foresee that's what this is going to turn into with every post. So yeah...
Last edited by Automagfreek on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founded on March 24th, 2003
Proud founder and Lord of Gholgoth
Condemned by Security Council Resolution #82
Join the religion of war. Become a Vanmakti warrior today.

Vbingvan
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vbingvan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:42 pm

Milograd wrote:The Vbingvanians made the fatal mistake of assuming their relevance in the affairs of Milograd, and for that they shall pay the price of extermination, subjugation, and annihilation. Our war has arisen due to such, and Vbingvan shall fall as did Bisgea, Tecknoko, and Argatov. All others whom wish to infringe on Milograd's rightful sovereignty, and therein our right to isolation, shall meet the same fate." He paused yet again to capture his breath, and wiped off a batch of sweat from his forehead. "We realize that our interaction with the inherently flawed international community is unnecessary, and we realize that it is within the best interests of our people to refrain from maintaining an active international presence. We embrace these concepts - Dh'arconian thought - and realize that the annihilation of all those whom dare attempt to threaten us is entirely necessary. Like a sleeping beast, we will not harm those whom do not harm us. Milograd desires nothing more than peaceful isolation within the secluded Gholgoth region; we do not inflict outwardly harm, so why must others feel it necessary to threaten us? Intervention with Milograd leads to nothing but death and despair, so I would like to pose this question to the international community; why intervene when peace can be achieved through leaving us alone? Why must the sons and daughters of the state sacrifice their lives in the name of an unnecessary war?"

Upon viewing the Dh'arcos press release, the Vbingvani foreign delegate, Tshariik Vbarvk, sent out a reply. The broadcast consisted of two parts. The first was little more than a series of documents, stitched together.. The second was a video. Attempts were also made to overpower Milograd's broadcasting signals to force Vbingvan's broadcast to play on Milogradian television.

The first part was as follows:

Foreign Delegate
Tshariik Vbarvk
Representing the Hivemind Council

The nation of Vbingvan would likewise wish to end hostilities with Milograd. Without aid, Vbingvan wouldn't survive an invasion. We have our people to consider. We will not contact Milograd in the future unless they initiate communication.

The Dh'arconian High Command would normally reject this offer of peace, however, for the sake of being inoffensive, the Empire shall accept it. This acceptance will only occur with the condition that every firstborn Vbingvanian child be transported to Milograd for Volcano Sacrifice*. Vbingvan must redeem itself in the eyes of the Dark Gods, and failure to comply with this demand will result in the annihilation of Vbingvan and the extermination of its population.

Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill

Foreign Delegate, Tshariik Vbarvk
Representing the Hivemind Council of Vbingvan

Even if we were willing to comply with such a demand, which we're not, we wouldn't be able to carry it out. We'd have an all-out rebellion on our hands if we told our entire population to surrender their firstborn children, and that would destroy our nation just as much as if you and your allies invaded.

So flkt no, we won't be complying with that demand. We won't communicate with you again or make any threats of war, but we won't be sending you our firstborn children, either.

-End Transmission-

Annihilation and extermination shall commence as planned.

Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill
Supreme Warlord of Milograd

The second part was as follows:

Foreign Delegate, Tshariik Vbarvk
Representing the Hivemind Council of Vbingvan

We only offered to assist those who declared war on Milograd to prevent the deaths of others, whether they be the soldiers of those armies or your own people. Only when no nation proved themselves brave enough did Milograd declare war on Vbingvan, an act completely at odds with Milograd's stated desire for isolationism. In addition, as revealed in the previously shown documents, our nation even offered peace with yours so that Milograd could return to it's isolationism, but instead chose to spit in our collective faces with a demand that, even if met, wouldn't have sated your leader's blood lust.

The people of Milograd fight and die because their leader is an insane warmonger, and for no other reason. He has no desire true desire to make Milograd isolationist, he only cares about killing anyone not like him, especially if they cannot defend themselves.

-End Transmission-
-Hivemind Remote Communication System Online-

-Representing the People of Vbingvan-
-Tshariik Vbarvk-
-Foreign Delegate-

The Beatus
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Beatus » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Jagada wrote:
The Empire of All Jagites

To The Theocratic Dominion of The Beatus,

Your open statements to our brothers in the First Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd have been recieved by myself and in extension the Emperor of All Jagites, most sourly. Your Dominion has no place in this conflict beyond attempting to save an already broken nation from its own belligerence and foolishness. It is therefore the Emperor's desire to extend a final chance to your theocracy to recant your beliefs in war and renounce your declaration of war against Milograd. Your nation has a long, and no doubt proud history, it would be unfortunate to see it collapse in a heap of ruin and debris after a Gothic invasion. The sheer scale of the devastation would be worthy of song and tales, but only of a time to be cursed by your own people who will look to the skies and ask why their gods did not save them.

Should you refuse to comply with this statment, this olive branch of peace extended from the empire, or simply ignore it the Emperor will consider it an Act of War that will be dealt with with all necessary methods. The choice of is yours Mr. Listless -- your pride or your existance.

Lord Telge Pearland

House Pearland
Department of Foreign Relations

Official Diplomatic Communique

To Lord Telge Pearland,

While I note many points in your message being quite true, I must decline your gracious offer. Firstly, we have not as you claim, made a "declaration of war against Milograd," therefore it would be impossible for me to renounce such. As you said my nation does have a long and proud history, for integrity and honor. We have been able to maintain such a history, through the fact, that we refuse to cave to such pressures. I find it quite unfortunate that a simple peacekeeping mission would spark such a grand war. However, my conscience is clear. The blood of those who will likely die, should you pursue these actions against another nation, are on your hands. I will ask you to reconsider your stance on this issue. It saddens me to see, yet again, deaths resulting from such a frivolous action, and the refutation of diplomacy at the most basic of levels.

I cannot in good conscience, allow this genocide to continue. Many of you may be able to turn a blind eye to the suffering of others. You may be able to ignore it, push it from your mind. I however, cannot, and I will not. This world needs more people who stand up for their beliefs, not fewer. More people willing to place their lives on the line, for those of their fellow man. Your threats of "all necessary methods" do not scare me, for I would rather die for what is right, then live with what is wrong. I do not believe you understand that which you ask me to do. What you ask, for me not to stand in defense of the just week and helpless against the unjust mighty and powerful, would go against every fiber of my moral being, and it would go against my oath to my god, my country, and my people. I must do, what I think in my mind, needs to be done, and will not allow my decisions to be swayed by the likes of you. Good day sir.

Signed,
His Holiness,
Edwardo Listless,
Factbook | NS
The Theocratic Dominion of the Beatus
DEFense CONdition: 3 Enhanced Readiness

I Participated in the HDI World Census of Late Spring/Early Summer 2010! You can too at http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57088

The United Soviet Socialist Republic
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Soviet Socialist Republic » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:49 am

The nation of jagada as well as other nations have declared hostillity to the soviet union's offensive of milograd,and we wish to let it be known that we will respond appropiatly to hostile actions against the soviet union and will take drastic measures against invaders of our homefront.For years our proud nation has stood as a sovereign power and we will not allow that sovereignity to be shattered.Some nations have actually gone so far as to attack soviet forces and that kind of behavior will not be tolerated.The soviet people are patriotic for a war against jagada and the other gholgoth nations that threaten us and we are preparing to satisfy they're demands with a swift and decive invasion of jagada,after our invasion of jagada is complete we will be able to focus our efforts on milograd,and soon after that milograds oppresed people can be liberated by the brave allied forces.

(EDITED SECTION, In the gholgoth oceans the jagada navy has been engaged in combat with the soviet navy, and after days of battle the soviet navy has been depleted largely however are still holding out.The soviet navy has calculated damages at roughly 20-50% losses however say that some of the damage is repairable.unfortuneantly Jagada losses have been much lower than ours apparently and we are working on balanceing out the losses. Although several ships were lost in battle with jagada we are commisining serveral new battleships to join the fight which hopefully will be done in 3 to 5 weeks. And as well as puting new ships into commision we are also working on expanding our airforce considerably with several hundred new planes to aid our naval forces in the gholgoth with air support, however right now our naval and air forces in the gholgoth are vulnerable to assualt seeing big losses from the prior battle the the jagada navy which is belived to be of considerable size.)

Although the gholgoth forces are strong the numbers of the allies are many,and the soviet leaders belive that numbers can win a war,so the premier Vladimir king publicly announces his decision to invade Jagada,here is his live speach.

(Vladimir King Speaking) The leaders of Jagada belive they can defeat the soviet union,well that is where they are wrong! we have a strong fighting force and we will use it to destroy Jagada's military forces and march in triumph through Milograd. We are currently in the procces of assembling a force to assualt Jagada however it may take some time seeing as we already have one force away heading towards Milograd,however this will only delay our inevitable victory over the gholgoth and the liberation and freedom of the milogradian peoples,and i wish to let it be known that freedom,justice,and liberty awaits everyone in the opressed country of milograd,and the liberty will not be undermined by any nation.
Last edited by The United Soviet Socialist Republic on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gay and Proudand also a brony
Political Compass:Left: 7.76, Authoritarian: 5.6
I am: Fascist/Corporatist on economy,
Conservative on social issues(Support same sex marriage),
Anti secularist on religion,
Anti-Republican on government,
Interventionist/Imperialist on international issues

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:08 am

Official Message from the United States Department of State

The love of Gholgoth diplomats and statesmen of couching their policy statements into the most menacing and ruthless wording possible, sometimes seemingly without context, has always perplexed us in Allanea. That said, the statement that if foreign hostile military forces approach Milograd they will be shot at is not in any way surprising. Is not this the rule of all nations – when an enemy military enters your waters, you shoot at them? We are not certain what is newsworthy here.

No doubt the next Milogradian message will tell us they consume the flesh of fallen mammals after slashing their throats and consuming their bodily fluids to inform us they eat beef and drink milk.
Last edited by Allanea on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Kazakhstan-
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazakhstan- » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:20 am

[tag for future reference]
Министерство иностранных дел
Верховный Собрания Республики Казахстан
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Supreme Assembly of the Republic of Kazakhstan

Dneprdaniya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dneprdaniya » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:42 am

Automagfreek wrote:/
[OOC: I am not objecting to the use of any form of intelligence or weaponry nor am I claiming any form of invincibility. What I directly object to is your claim to be able to hit anything in my nation at any time with accuracy and impunity. That is a metagame and a godmod.]

Automagfreek wrote:First off, S-300=/=S-400. Secondly, the S-300 variants can engage tactical short range and some medium range nuclear missiles (and even these capabilities are token at best), not full on strategic missiles. Against tactical ballistic missiles it has a 0.7 probability of kill (on paper), but that number gets worse when you stack it up against faster and longer range missiles. And no, they wouldn't be able to engage ICBM class hypersonics either, since it's basically a conventional ICBM to being with and its terminal phase is too fast for the S-300 to properly engage. You can attack it, sure, but the odds of interception are hilariously slim. I've talked with our regional aerospace engineer (real life) about all of this. And by the way, the S-300 has never been fired in actual combat, so we don't even know how it would operate in a real world scenario. Of course it has a 100% SUCCESS! rate in state run tests, but such claims are dubious at best, especially considering the Russians have a reputation for over-stating their military capabilities.
What's it's' speed? S-400 complex is capable of engaging hypersonic targets. It's an ABM. You're quite right, I don't care for tech arguments particularly, but if you're going to insist on the invincibility of your equipment, I'm going to argue with you about it. I'm not going to sit here and accept that any attack you make on my country must automatically result in victory because you are Automagfreek. You can be reasonable, or we can have an argument.

Remember that it is you who to chose to invade me because I insulted you IC.

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:50 am

( OOC: I hate to interject, but where did AMF ever claim that his technology was invincible...? )
Retired

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Postby Automagfreek » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:05 am

Dneprdaniya wrote:OOC: I am not objecting to the use of any form of intelligence or weaponry nor am I claiming any form of invincibility. What I directly object to is your claim to be able to hit anything in my nation at any time with accuracy and impunity. That is a metagame and a godmod.]

OOC: I didn't claim such, you're putting words in my mouth. And you might want to trawl through the recent news, the US successfully tested a hypersonic that can hit anywhere in the world with precision accuracy, I'm not just making this shit up.
What's it's' speed? S-400 complex is capable of engaging hypersonic targets. It's an ABM. You're quite right, I don't care for tech arguments particularly, but if you're going to insist on the invincibility of your equipment, I'm going to argue with you about it. I'm not going to sit here and accept that any attack you make on my country must automatically result in victory because you are Automagfreek. You can be reasonable, or we can have an argument.

Remember that it is you who to chose to invade me because I insulted you IC.

But you're not using S-400, you specifically said you were using S-300, which cannot intercept the weapons I fired at you. And even then S-400 can't properly eliminate a strategic missile going over Mach 20 in terminal phase, but it's certainly way more plausible than the S-300 and I would likely concede 70 to 80% or more interception right off the bat. S-300 is meant to intercept short and medium range tactical missiles with much lower terminal speeds. I never once said or suggested that my tech is invincible, I'm merely stating that with what you're fielding you could not realistically shoot down what I fired at you. If you want to intercept ICBM class hypersonics, then use systems that are capable of such. If not, then you need to be accepting that inferior systems can be penetrated.

And I never said you need to roll over and play dead because I'm AMF, you're using a fallacious argument instead of actually trying to listen to what I have to say. You don't want to get hit by my missiles? Then fine, use the proper systems. Want to insist on using the S-300 against ICBM class hypersonics? Then you should expect to take some losses, simple as that. I mean, this would be like me trying to use hand grenades as anti-tank weapons and then calling you an elitist prick when you point out it's not possible.
Last edited by Automagfreek on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dneprdaniya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dneprdaniya » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:35 am

_____Dneprgrad

The 301st Spetsnaz GRU Battalion are in position around the Kremlin. This is an ordinary act in wartime and the movement of military forces through the capital city can hardly be taken suspiciously, especially seeing as the city has just been bombed. Defence Minister Lavochkin arrives and enters the Kremlin with a Guards Platoon of the GRU for a "vitally important" meeting with the Foreign Minister and the President himself. The Kremlin is not paved with the same drab linoleum as every other building in the country and in some senses is quite fancy; one can definitely hear somebody in military boots walking down. Of course, President Volodin and Minister Sukov don't hear two boots, but about forty. The door opens gingerly and Lavochkin steps into the room, looking immaculate in his Marshal's uniform. And his black gloves.

"Comrades," he salutes the President, "I have important news for you both."

"Speak, then, Pyotr Vissarionovich," the President barks - at his age he still maintains the voice of an autocrat. He turns to fill a glass of vodka. A formality.

"You'll face me, Comrade President, if you don't mind."

There's a smash on the floor. More work for the cleaners; President Volodin has dropped his glass of vodka because P. V. Lavochkin has just drawn a semi-automatic pistol with a suppressor. The suppressor is needless because the Guards are hand picked, but it's just procedure. Military procedure, you see. "Sorry Comrades. You are impeding the Nation."

Two small metallic clinks as a bolt cycles twice and two dull thuds as two bodies collapse. That's all that's required to institute regime change, really, if you think about it. Why do a thing peacefully when it can be done quickly by force? The two bodies are dumped in vats of industrial chemicals, never to be discovered. Both are given huge state funerals and many will cry at the news of how President Volodin and Minister Sukov were tragically killed visiting an airbase while it was being bombed. The reality, of course, is that Patriotic Pyotr has work to do to save his country, and only with the title of President for life can he carry it out.
Last edited by Dneprdaniya on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:36 am

Official Message from Alexander Kirillovich Kazansky, Emperor of Greater Prussia, President of Allanea, King of Reichskamphen, Emperor of the Thousand States, Archduke of Dragkon, Liberator of Torontonias, Count of Centreville, General-Secretary of the Confederacy of Sovereign States and the Coalition of Drug-Exporting Nations, and President of the CAPINTERN, on behalf of the United States of Allanea, Greater Prussia, CAPINTERN, and CSS
classified: eyes only

We agree to your offer. We are working out an aid package even now.
Last edited by Allanea on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Postby Automagfreek » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:56 am

Dneprdaniya wrote:[OOC: S-400 is a continuation of S-300. They're in the same family; they're as different as M1A1 is to M1A2 SEP. S-400 is only a reclassification of S-300PMU3. Nonetheless I admit fault here. I agree that hypersonic weapons exist and work IRL. No doubt that the USA can produce a hypersonic and hit accurately a target in their own country. But a target in a country with which they must have limited/no HUMINT? I agree that your weapons are precise and accurate. Intelligence, however, is half of accuracy. I dispute only that you have the intelligence. Also I don't know how many a "salvo" of missiles is. An OOC thread would be useful if this is going to continue so that you can keep these numbers out of IC posts but post them OOCly. Also I'm unfamiliar with the use of hypersonic to represent Mach 20+.

OOC: The targets I was firing at, power plants, fuel storage, etc, generally look the same no matter where you go. No HUMINT is required for these kinds of targets as they are easily distinguishable from satellite surveillance. If I was to target more specific structures such as administrative buildings then yes, I would need additional intelligence. Considering it is going to take weeks for even my forward naval elements to arrive, you have plenty of time to repair whatever damage was done, unless it was catastrophic. This attack was largely to serve as an inconvenience, have psychological impact, and test your capabilities as opposed to dealing crippling damage. I fired about three dozen in all with close to another dozen following up closely behind.

Also, the term hypersonic is used for anything over Mach 5.

And I will request the mods split the OOC discussion into a new thread. My next post will not be immediate since I need to account for travel time.
Last edited by Automagfreek on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:50 pm

After the bombing had ceased, the Land Rover sped back into the city as it looked for a government refugee camp to drop the boy off at. As they passed through the rubble of the city, Danny filmed the chaos that followed the bombing. The men watched as looters ran freely and robbed shops, civilians searching for loved ones amid the rubble, and emergency services attempting to control the chaos. Finally, the men found a small refugee camp that had been set up. The driver stops the vehicle and the two reporters lead the child into the camp, handing him over to government officials. Andrew looks around at the survivors who seek shelter at the camp.

"My God...," he says as he and Danny begin walking around the city, the Land Rover closely following. Danny captures the chaos on camera as Andrew begins to speak.

"The bombing has taken a toll on the city. Crime levels have skyrocketed as the emergency services are overwhelmed. Clearly, they have not been trained to respond to such a violent and destructive event," Andrew says as he walks around the rubble. He spots a government soldier on the street and attempts to get an interview. "Excuse me sir, could you tell me your opinion on the bombing of the city?"
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

The Black Plains
Senator

Founded: Jan 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Plains » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:03 pm

Dear Mr. Rahavuhra etc. etc.,

On the contrary, I believe you'll find that the Security Syndicate's motives are altogether peaceful. We realize that you do not savor diplomacy. We will be brief. We offer you not a diplomatic agreement, but a business transaction. You shall have no fear of dealing with us for we are a company; not a nation. For what I believe is a very modest sum, the Security Syndicate's armies will be yours in the event of any conflicts. Wouldn't it be a shame for the mighty Milogradian soldiers to have to waste their time and, perhaps, even their lives swatting away mere rabble? What a needless sacrifice for your nation when our soldiers can die for you. It's in our motto: "Nobody cries when a mercenary dies." Wire me if you feel like it.

Peter Cantrell,
Minister of Foreign Clientele
The Security Syndicate of the Black Plains

OOC: Excellent writing, btw.
Last edited by The Black Plains on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents