NATION

PASSWORD

An Open Declaration of Intent [ Open ]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Macisikan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Macisikan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:44 am

Milograd wrote:( OOC: If you're one of the nations whom have declared war on me or have expressed interest in doing so, this thread is especially relevant to you. )

The First Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd

(Image)

The Dh'arconian High Command has become dissatisfied with the recent threats and declarations of war directed at the Milogradian state, and henceforth any and all states that declare hostilities against Milograd shall be immediately subjected to the absolute subjugation of their state and the execution of their entire administration. All foreign, hostile militaries that enter Gholgothic waters shall be annihilated on sight. Interference with our objectives of isolation shall result in the destruction of our opposition.

Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill
Supreme Warlord of Milograd

To: The First Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd
Subject: Formal Declaration of Neutrality

To Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill, Supreme Warlord of Milograd, Greetings and Salutations,

Enclosed herein is Cabinet resolution CR-ND-34, affirming and declaring Macisikani neutrality in all conflicts to date involving the First Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd, and affirming and declaring Macisikani neutrality in all future conflicts involving the nation of Milograd, unless such should involve our regional allies. I trust that it is understood that if a conflict does involve a regional ally of ours, we would need to reconsider our position.

The Imperial Federal Government will, of course, take all action necessary to avoid such circumstances coming to past; given the conduct of our regional neighbours, we consider the chances of any further contact, let alone conflicts, between us to be exceedingly remote. Nevertheless, on behalf of the Imperial Federal Government, it is my wish that the enclosed legally binding resolution will assist in dispelling any concerns your nation may have.

This resolution applies to all past and present conflicts, without exception, involving the nation known as the The First Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd, and shall apply to all future conflicts unless such should involve as belligerents any nations of the region of Vårheim.

Be it known, that, unless the Parliament otherwise provides:

the Federated Empire of Macisikan shall not knowingly harbour, aid, support, and/or provide for any combatant nation or faction, nor the forces nor military allies of any combatant nation or faction, nor any extra-national combatant force or militia of and/or affiliated with any combatant nation or faction, including but not in any way limited to air forces, naval ships, land forces, covert operatives, private contracting military agents, and/or agents undertaking to procure the goods and supplies of war;

the Federated Empire shall not actively or covertly act to hamper or assist any force or agents of an active combatant nation or faction, nor the militarily allied force of any combatant nation or faction, nor any extra-national combatant force or militia, through either force of arms or other support;

the Federated Empire shall not conspire to influence the outcome of armed combat through overt or covert means, excepting efforts to mediate or negotiate a truce or end to the conflict;

the Federated Empire may allow and facilitate provision of humanitarian aid by neutral third parties, including government agencies, to civilian populations and to military wounded, and may allow such organizations to operate from, travel through, or stage in Imperial territory, for the express purpose of delivering said aid; and

the Federated Empire is willing to facilitate the evacuation of civilians, foreign citizens, and other non-combatants as refugees to other nations, including the Federated Empire; yet

the above notwithstanding, Federated Empire reserves every right to take any and all actions it deems appropriate to preserve, protect and defend Imperial Security and Imperial interests, and/or to ensure the realisation of Imperial Neutrality, including the refusal of any provision of humanitarian aid outlined above.

I would also add as a post-script to the above that we do not now, will not in the future, and have not in the past (either as the Federated Empire or as any of our predecessor states), recognised the authority of the self-styled World Assembly. Further, we have no intention of supporting, or assisting in the execution of, any of their “resolutions” regarding your nation.

I, or officials of my Vice-Ministry, am available for further discussions if you deem it necessary.

If not, than I wish you good fortune in your future endeavours, and bid you farewell.

Yours,

Dr Martin Baylis
His Serene Majesty’s Vice-Minister for Extraregional Representation
Vice-Ministry for Extraregional Representation
Imperial Federal Government
Federated Empire of Macisikan
Please address your messages/threats/lies to:
The current cycle is: ʧ19021

--FT Nations: Melik, the Lord, Ardri Trivkaal, HM Vice-Minister for External Affairs
--Everyone else: Melik, the Lord, Conradin Nuchani, HM Vice-Minister for Foreign Engagement

Quick Overview | Full Factbook | Embassy Programme | Maintenance thread | NS World-Building Discord | The demonym is "Macisikani."
“You have taken my cute idea … and turned it into something cold and cruel.” –Solont
“Terrible experiments. Unethical behaviour. Have I introduced you to my friend Macisikan? He’s something of an expert.” –Sunset
“You are not destroying the universe for science.” -Menelmacar
“CanSpamMac is an outlier and should not be counted” -Arkasia

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 am

*post incoming*

Kriegorgrad
Lobbyist

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kriegorgrad » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:19 am

OoC: Hey Milo, no worries about replying. I’m just writing for the fun of it. Little comments on the war so far. As for my involvement, it’ll be fairly ridiculous, and fairly inconsequential (at least for the time being). Any developments will be discussed with those involved, and chances are the development will be more story-based than competitive, and will simply slot quite nicely into the larger framework of the unfurling war. This isn’t a proper post. Just a ridiculous little thing till I write something proper later. :)

The hot, dank little office absolutely stank. Thankfully, only Old Tim was in it. He’d snuck off during his shift at the docks. During his shifts, he would supervise his colleagues, which is a fascinating testament to the skills he possesses far above his station, for his job description, far from white collar Inner Party management, or even upper blue-collar supervision, was in fact more along the lines of ‘pack and unpack boxes’, rather than ‘analyse the work patterns of your colleagues, deploy constructive criticism, and drink cupasoups even when you’re not on your break’. But Old Tim was always a sharp one, bound to rise to the top: the fact that the management of the docks had failed to recognise this did little to hold Old Tim back.

He was reading The Voice for once. He rarely read anything, and the only page he’d look at with any frequency in the aforementioned newspaper was Page 3, the content of which was more visual than the rest of the publication. But Barry had brought the paper in during the morning, and had left it there whilst he and most of the other dockworkers were out – as one would typically expect – working on the docks. But Tim had snuck off – and for good reason. His stomach was in absolutely terrible repair, due to his prior nocturnal gorging on chips and curry sauce which were thrown out by the Rec Building. They had laughingly said, in response to Tim’s question, that he could eat all he could manage. They were somewhat stunned when the joke turned out to be quite sincere.

And now Old Tim was sat in the office, feeling thoroughly sorry for himself, whilst emitting enough of a stink to repel even the most flatulent of human beings. It may be redundant to add, that if Tim had not snared his wife when he was younger, and at least in good physical shape, if not handsome, that he would be quite thoroughly single at this point in time. As it stood, he had a long-suffering wife, who Tim was quite glad the fire had long-since died in, else she may actually look for somebody else. But back to the matter at hand. Old Tim straightened out that day’s issue of the voice and began to read.

THE PEOPLES VOICE
WASTED INK, SISSIES PINK

As the Vbingvan-Dnepr-Gothic situation develops, various diplomatic entreaties are in the pipeline: some of them are insightful in their move towards peace, others are more of the same phallic rattling we have already witnessed. However, none of them have been quite so useless or redundant as the piece offered by Macisikani diplomats earlier today. They scream neutrality in a war which does not concern them – in a war where their neutrality is taken as a given nonetheless. They claim they’ll facilitate third-party humanitarian aid, if possible, which is naivety given the Gothic attitude towards human life, be it civilian or military. So what possibly purpose does this message from Macisikan serve?

Mail us your ideas: we at The Voice will print them tomorrow in the editorial section. Stay safe, and stay loyal. Remember the Fedorgrad-Dart football game is Sunday: don’t miss out! Viewscreens at all major locations will be broadcasting the match.

Barry wiped his brow. Even the miniscule editorial was too much for him. He felt he should take a break from breaking, and try get some sleep. It had been a hard day; his bowels protested again and he groaned as the room’s pungency crescendoed. The whistle went and Old Tim swore loudly. Sleep would have to wait. For the time being he had to pretend he had been doing paper-work. He was ruffling some papers, and largely succeeding in appearing that he was getting work done when Barry came in, followed swiftly by other mucky, cold young men in blue-overalls. They flopped down into the cheap, plastic chairs about the room, and someone put the kettle on.

‘Get some Milo on the go, will y’?’
‘Aye, no worries Barry. Proper good stuff this is.’
‘That it is lad.’

Old Tim was working too consciously, too hard. All were quiet for a moment. Someone spoke.

‘What the flamin’ fuck is that fuckin’ stink.’
‘Shit a brick it smells like someone dumped half o’ old Byrn’s fuckin’ sewage in ‘ere.’
‘That fuckin’ proper reeks that does.’
‘Oh Tim you fat fuckin’ stinky bastard!’
‘I’m sorry Barry, I ‘ad too much curry ‘n chips last night!’
‘Oh fuckin’ ‘ell, you stupid shit.’
‘What?’
‘The work you’re doing: you’ve just fuckin’ scrawled all over our inventory. Gary and I spent half a fuckin’ day doing that last week.’

The crowd shouted. The kettle hissed. Milo was poured. Old Tim was in a corner: he knew it. He had to think of something to do, something to help him escape this situation. He’d gotten out of sticky-spots before, and he could do it again. He knew he could. He was bright-red, and embarrassed, and silent, but inside his mind was whirring at fantastic speed, calculating, processing and evaluating. The only thing which escaped his body was a single, prolonged, curry induced fart.

Old Tim was certainly buying the pints at the Rec Building tonight.
Last edited by Kriegorgrad on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Newtdom
Spokesperson

Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newtdom » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:35 am

To: Belligerent Nations, The First Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd
CC: Nationstates of Gholgoth
Re: Invasion of our Brother
Encryption: None

His Imperial Majesty, Newt the Twentieth, King Winchester, Emperor of Newtdom, shall not stand by while the sovereignty of a fellow Gothic Lord is infringed. Furthermore, the projection of force within our homeland's territorial waters by belligerent scum shall not be accepted by any means by the Empire.

Let it be known, that any such action, whether already committed or which may occur in the future will create a de facto state of war between the nation in question and the Empire. In such a situation, any ambassadors or emissaries to the Court of Winchester, or citizens of the belligerent state shall be arrested and held indefinitely or face execution.

As such, any state that has already or is planning on lifting arms against our brethren shall face utter annihilation by the hand of the combined forces of the Newtdonian military machine. The Empire's reach is far and wide. No distance is too far, no mountain is too high, no defense too strong, to stop the onslaught which you have brought upon yourselves and your people.

At this point, the Emperor seeks unconditional surrender from all those who have dared to insult our Gothic Brothers, and shall find such conditions met through all possible means. Your armies will be crushed in your fields, your navies will sink to the bottom of your waters, your air forces will be destroyed above your skies, your hierarchies will tremble in fear until they feel the swift blade upon the nape of their necks. Your people will not fare much better. However, those that do survive will have the honor to be a serf to a Newtdonian Peer.

Please remember, as your people starve, your economies crash, your military falter, and you live in constant fear, that it was your "bold" actions that brought this plight upon yourselves. May God have mercy on your souls, for the Empire shall have none upon your bodies.

Nemo me Impune Lacessit,

Lawrence, Duke Hollistein
Lord of the Foreign Ministry

edit 1: Formatting
edit 2: a little grammar
Last edited by Newtdom on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dneprdaniya
Attaché

Founded: May 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Dneprdaniya » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:19 pm

Sir,

Mr Lawrence. You are a huge cocksucker. In my life I've known some cocksuckers but you really take the biscuit. You're a typical Gholgothic nekulturny who is crying in your palace because your bumbuddies were insulted. Now, me and my Company have read your letter, and we've got something to say. You faggots in Gholgoth have got loud mouths and small dicks. You're always talking about how you're going to subjugate us and all this shit. Now why don't you try and come and do it for once instead of talking about it?

We know why. It's because you're little girls who are pissing your pants. You're scared because you know that when you come here, your soldiers will find an early grave in our country. That's right fuckface, we're going to murder you forwards into the Stone Age. You've never fought a battle against a competent opponent so if you come here, be ready to have the arse kicking of your life, shit fucker. Do you know what is a tactic? Do you know what is a military academy? I don't think so. You think you can beat us by whacking out your small willy, but what's really going to happen is that me and the lads are going to sever your mother-fucking dick from your body and make you eat it.

Unconditional surrender? We'll meet you half way. We'll give you an unconditional fuck you! Fuck you into the next century! Why don't you come over here and we can give you your unconditional fuck you in the form of twenty million bayonets up your arse.

You hear that, imperialist cocksucker? The time for insults and threats is over. Come and get it if you think you''re hard enough.

- The Infamous Captain Stepanov

[OOC: I have a real post to be posted soon, but I needed to post this in reply.]
Last edited by Dneprdaniya on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ВОЛКОВ БОЯТьСЯ; B ЛЕС НЕ КОДИТь

Wellboneland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wellboneland » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Dneprdaniya wrote:Sir,

Mr Lawrence. You are a huge cocksucker. In my life I've known some cocksuckers but you really take the biscuit. You're a typical Gholgothic nekulturny who is crying in your palace because your bumbuddies were insulted. Now, me and my Company have read your letter, and we've got something to say. You faggots in Gholgoth have got loud mouths and small dicks. You're always talking about how you're going to subjugate us and all this shit. Now why don't you try and come and do it for once instead of talking about it?

We know why. It's because you're little girls who are pissing your pants. You're scared because you know that when you come here, your soldiers will find an early grave in our country. That's right fuckface, we're going to murder you forwards into the Stone Age. You've never fought a battle against a competent opponent so if you come here, be ready to have the arse kicking of your life, shit fucker. Do you know what is a tactic? Do you know what is a military academy? I don't think so. You think you can beat us by whacking out your small willy, but what's really going to happen is that me and the lads are going to sever your mother-fucking dick from your body and make you eat it.

You hear that, imperialist cocksucker? The time for insults and threats is over. Come and get it if you think you''re hard enough.

- The Infamous Captain Stepanov

[OOC: I have a real post to be posted soon, but I needed to post this in reply.]

Interception over the Talos sea.
Captain Stephanov, are you butthurt?

-Admirial Orvhaan Mellistim
Last edited by Wellboneland on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone has a plan til' they get punched in the mouth -Mike Tyson
my political compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
I know hat what I said I probably wrote poorly... but my past actions probably make more sense.

epic fail

Bro pride worldwide!
NS's resident Baltic Neo-Pagan.
I liked anime before it became mainstream. I'm serious, I did.
I am a epic ninja. Haters suck.

Dneprdaniya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dneprdaniya » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:25 pm

[OOC: lame response.]

Wellboneland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wellboneland » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:26 pm

Dneprdaniya wrote:[OOC: lame response.]

OOC: They are charged 17 farthings a long telegram to your country, forgive him.
Last edited by Wellboneland on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my political compass
I know hat what I said I probably wrote poorly... but my past actions probably make more sense.

epic fail

Bro pride worldwide!

Vbingvan
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vbingvan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:27 pm

Tecknoko wrote:To: Vbingvan
CC: All Relative Parties, The Dh'arconian High Command, Resource Initiative High Command
Subj: Hostile Actions against the Dh’arconian Empire
Encryption: Nominal
The Grand Lord of the Six Kingdoms, Risen Chancellor of the Empire, Ruler of the Island of Tur, High Lord of Teckshi, Protector of the Dh’arconian-Tecknoko state, and Grand Chancellor of The Erstes Kaiserreich of Tecknoko, hereby condemns the unprovoked assault upon the Dh’arconian Empire and her holdings, including The Erstes Kaiserreich of Tecknoko and her Empire. Such an outright attempt at the destruction of such a powerful state shall not go unpunished and will be forever remembered within the hearts and minds of the men that slaughter your people. As an integral part of the Dh’arconian Empire under the guidance of the Resource Initiative, the The Erstes Kaiserreich of Tecknoko will assist the Dh’arconian Empire with any request bestowed from her High Command, by means of the Resource Initiative, and offers full compliance with the slaughter and eradication of such scum that dare to assault the Dh’arconian Empire. With Destruction in my mind and knowledge in my heart, I hereby declare an open state of hostilities amongst the Dh’arconian-Tecknoko Empire and all which dare defy the Dh’arconian Empire. None shall live, all shall die.

Once more, through the Gates of Hell we run.

Signed,
Juliet Marie Dugas
(Image)
~Approved by the Resource Initiative and Dh’arconian High Command~

Foreign Delegate, Tshariik Vbarvk
Representing the Hivemind Council of Vbingvan

Perhaps you're unaware of the situation, Ms. Dugas. Vbingvan only offered to support any nation willing to invade Milograd due to it's horrific human rights abuses. It did NOT declare war on Milograd itself. Despite Milograd's assertions that it wished to be isolationist, the current invasion of Vbingvan is due to Milograd declaring war on us, not the other way around. In addition, Milograd not only turned down our offer of peace, it insulted it by claiming to only accept peace if we allowed them to murder a larger portion of our population, a demand which likely still would have been met with invasion.

While we see no fault in your nation protecting it's allies, Milograd needs no protection from a peaceful nation who's army is largely armed with flkt crossbows.

-End Transmission-

Milograd wrote:+++++++++
MSS Hellbringer II
Vbingvanian Territorial Waters
East of Vbingvan
2310 hours – 2/16/12
+++++++++

( OOC: I was personally hoping that we could RP the stages of naval combat wherein we actually have to search for each other's ships, Vbingvan, but whatever. The exodus you RP'd as having happened should probably take a bit longer too. Also, is there a reason that you guard SHORAD sites with special forces? It seems awfully odd... )

OOC: The SHORAD sites are on our military bases, and the special forces were to reinforce the army because Vbingvan's army sucks.

As for the exodus, I admit that was a bit lame.

As the fire from the Milogradian warships continued to bombard the eastern coast of Vbingvan, the Imperial Navy failed realize that a mass exodus had occurred in the night, yet bombardment would continue as planned. After merely one day of bombardment, hundreds of thousands of citizens and military personnel had already been reported as having been slaughtered, much to the joy of Admiral Yuut. Videos had recorded skyscrapers and large buldings collapsing in the city of Idrivlik; dust and hellfire consuming the thousands of citizens in the urban areas of the city. Such would be the least of the terror conjured by the Milogradian military by the end of the conflict, however. The Resource Initiative's subjugation of Vbingvanian cities would be, without a doubt, the truly brutal stage of the Milogradian onslaught.

The Vbingvanian navy had engaged the northernmost flotilla of the Milogradian invasion fleet, and such ultimately deterred or disabled at least seven warships from proceeding much further. Milograd's MSS Rushan, the MSS Wamrak, the MSS Yutu, and the MSS Warbringer had taken heavy damages in the initial Vbingvanian naval assault, the latter two capsizing. Thirty minutes after the assault, Milogradian AWACs took note of the location of several warships, that of which were believed to be destroyers and cruisers.

Admiral Yuut was quickly informed of this by Captain Hyran of the MSS Wijra via telephone, "Our airborne early warning and control systems have picked up on the source of the Vbingvanian missile fire. They're approximately 400km outwards, northeast of the Hellbringer's position, Admiral. There may be more within that area, but our systems aren't able to go out much farther than they already have." said Hyran.

"I see. Our part of the fleet is currently occupied with bombardment, so your formation may handle those threats. I can order some further assistance over to your ship if need be." replied Yuut.

"Acknowledged. Much thanks."

"Of course." At that point, Yuut hung up the phone and returned to the Admiral's chambers on board the Hellbringer II. It had participated in the bombardment of the eastern Vbingvanian coast for over twenty four hours, and at this time Yuut concluded that it would now be possible to send in initial Resource Initiative forces. Several optimal landing points had been scoped out by the special forces that had been originally sent into Vbingvan, and with the enemy's SHORAD defenses softened by the bombardment a largescale helicopter landing by Resource Agents was then possible. Amphibious landings would inevitably occur, but until then it was deemed preferable that the Imperial Navy have ground forces already prepared within Vbingvan. The mass exodus, along with the bombardment, would mean that Vbingvanian defenses would likely be thinly spread.

Helicopters carrying the initial Resource Agent deployments took off from their respective carriers later that night, and proceeded to make their way towards the outskirts of Vbingvan's capital. Several hundred helicopters were deployed upon that night, twenty of which were FAH-2 'Vassago' Attack Helicopters, and 80 of which were MY4 Aerial Troop Transports.

Captain Hyran's warship, and the ten other ships in his formation, chose to address the Vbingvanian ships by crossing their T's at bow and firing a large amount of missiles. The warships themselves did not truly have a chance to enter main-gun range, yet they were instructed to act as if they would. Whilst it would normally be absurd to cross the T's of every enemy ship simultaenously, the numerical advantage that the Milogradian Imperial Navy held made it possible in this situation. An interception course had been plotted so that the northern warships would be in gun range when the enemy's T was crossed.

And so the campaign would continue; Day Two...

Commander-in-Chief Shzendrf Agrthai
Standing Orders to All Members of the Vbingvan Armed Forces
Encryption Level: HIGH

We cannot surrender because Milograd's army will kill us anyway. We cannot retreat because we might lead them to civilians. Therefore, all members of the Vbingvan Armed Forced are hereby barred from retreat or surrender. Any who refuse to fight under these conditions have thirty minutes to inform their commanding officers and leave their units. Otherwise, those who retreat will be shot.

-End Transmission-

East of Formathis, Capitol of Vbingvan
3rd Armored Division
Commander Fztht
2310 hours - 2/16/12

"...Those who retreat will be shot."

Commander Fztht sat in stunned silence for a moment, hardly able to believe what he just heard. The Commander-in-Chief ordering the death of anyone who retreated? It didn't seem like something his nation would order. Nevertheless, he would carry out this order. He clicked on his radio.

"Alright, listen up. We've received orders stating that we cannot retreat. The Milogradian commaned has, likewise, made surrender not an option. Therefore, our only option is to fight. We might not be able to defeat the barbaric invaders from Milograd, but we sure as hell will give them a fight to remember."

Fztht clicked off his radio. Flkt, giving a motivational speech is harder than it looks.

The tank division, which was mostly made up of a variant of the M1 Abrams MBT, took it's position outside Formathis, the ancient capitol of Vbingvan. The other tank divisions soon joined them, resulting in a blockade of around a hundred tanks. A few hundred lighter attack vehicles, some military Humvees, some civilian four-wheel drive vehicles retrofitted with weaponry and makeshift armor, joined them shortly after.

Meanwhile, within Formathis itself, the infantry and civilian militias were fortifying for the upcoming battle. The bulk of Vbingvan's military was either here or at Ft. Arkriz, and as Formathis was the capitol and Milograd had made threats to murder the governments leaders, it made sense to dig in at Formathis. The city was fairly large on the surface, but hundred of ancient tunnels from the ruins that Formathis were built on would give the defenders a small advantage.

VSS Licentia
Off the eastern coast of Vbingvan

OOC: This'll be short. I don't know anything about naval combat.

In response to the direct attack from the Milogradian vessels, the Vbingvan fleet returned fire with their own, more primitive missiles. In addition, the single aircraft carrier, the VSS Archon, launched bombers to destroy as many enemy ships as possible, as well as fighters to defend them.
-Hivemind Remote Communication System Online-

-Representing the People of Vbingvan-
-Tshariik Vbarvk-
-Foreign Delegate-

Dneprdaniya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dneprdaniya » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:31 pm

_____Dneprgrad

It would be remarkably easy for me to play that card where I write about how there's a man strolling in the park with his fiancee, children playing on swings - dogs barking and old age pensioners eating ice cream. There's two problems with this; firstly, it's idyllic, which is an antonym of Dneprdaniya, and secondly, it's horrifically cliched. In reality when hundreds of people die, nobody cares about the fact that the sun was bright and the clouds were away that morning; they care that people are dead and possessions destroyed. Some people just sit there and cry or stare at walls and drink lots of vodka. That's fair. That's one way of dealing with death. Others get angry. Righteously furious.

There were public, state funerals for all the dead. The vehicles of Voyska ProtivoVozdushnoy Oborony carried the dead through Revolutionary Square, even though the Air Defence Troops had done nothing - or rather, had been able to do nothing - to protect the people from the attacks which had rocked the cities of Dneprgrad, Kolymagrad and Volodingrad. By the end of the night, those telltale screams of emergency service sirens had died down, although the fires were still crackling in some areas, and the dead count was coming up to ten thousand. Unfortunately, this action had the reverse effect for the Gholgothic forces, as is usually the case when one bombs civilian targets. The impetus for war had now reached terminal velocity. The public, who's only access to information was through Government newspapers, received one side of the story: Dneprdaniya had been attacked for supporting a small country against bloodthirsty imperialist bandits.

Alongside this attack came full mobilisation. Reserves began to be called up; strategic resources were examined, inventories re-checked. Vehicles were taken out of their long-forgotten bunkers in the middle of nowhere and re-activated by their skeleton mechanic crews. All necessary precautions for an invasion - because there was no doubt the Dnepr Navy would have to fold - were being prepared. Signposts were taken down, theatre air defence was bolstered, camouflaged, re-deployed and re-deployed again - mixed in with decoys* and re-deployed and re-deployed again. The great advantage anyone held against the lumbering Dnepr military was surprise, but there could be no talk of surprise now. When the enemy arrived, Dneprdaniya would be prepared.

_____The Kremlin

Pyotr Vissarionovich Lavochkin, Minister of Defence for the Dneprdaniskaya Respublika, stared across the table haughtily. On the other side of the Politburo Meeting Table sat the Minister of the Interior, Boris Aleksandrovich Sukov. Sukov, gray and aging, is the direct political counterpart to Lavochkin, who on the other hand, is young and vigorous. The Interior Ministry, the MVD, which controls the Secret Police, always oppose the Armed Forces, and the reverse; and together, the two keep the Party in check. So now we come to the Party's representative: President for life Vasili Andreyevich Volodin. At eighty five years old, he's more senile than ever, and in fact has generally no clue what's going on, although he's still paranoid as hell. He is still, however, the most powerful person in the country. Revered by many, his word is law.

"The main objective here, comrades, to achieve our everlasting national ascent, is firstly to remove traitorous elements from our society. Obviously our patriotic troops will repel the enemy, but if there are counter-revolutionaries in our midst, we could be severely endangered."

"So true, President Volodin!" Sukov coughs. A globule of tar is expelled from his mouth; nobody seems to notice apart from Lavochkin, who is disgusted. He's rare in the politburo because his hair still has colour to it. "If we don't remove these antisocial elements rapidly, the country will be in severe peril."

"You're a moron," Lavochkin rounds on Sukov. This is like boxing, except nobody gets punched. Well, usually. "And you are feeding the President false information and stupid opinions. It's the Army that defends the country from aggressors, not your stupid Ministry. You idiots can't even keep a few Chechens in check so we have to come and bail you out, three times now. What we need to do is build an array of international support. The enemy is twenty times our size and ready to throw his all at us. You think we'll win by rooting out counter-revolutionaries? You live in a fantasy land. You-"

"Shut up Pyotr Vissarionovich," Sukov spits, "You are still a child here, remember. Some of us were actually alive in the revolution." There are some murmurs of agreement, especially from the older Politburo members. Volodin keeps quiet. He does not intervene in arguments between Army and MVD. "Are you saying your Army can't-"

"I'm saying we'll win with maskirovka and the technical application of overwhelming force, but you need to be behind that instead of playing your games and-"

"I think," Volodin says, immediately silencing everyone, "That the Interior Ministry is capable of handling its own affairs, and the Army also. Our concentration should be on defending the country," he states with the utmost obviousness. There are cheers all around the table, but at least one person disagrees with the lax course of action the country's president for life is taking. Dneprdaniya can scarcely remember another leader; they'll follow Volodin to the end. Unless, of course, someone replaces him. Someone rather more fresh. After the meeting, P. V. Lavochkin boards an An-8 to the underground communications facility in Ulyanovsk. Every high ranking military or interior officer has a list of contacts that might help him escape the country if he has to.

_____Outside Volkhov

Stefan Ivanovich Folchukh drives trucks for a living. He doesn't know whats in them, he just drives them around the country. In keeping with his noble working class occupation, he doesn't have an awful lot of spare time. So when he does get time off work, he takes his two boys Ivan and Semyon down to the beach, just a short way from their housing block. Now this isn't a beach like you'd imagine; there's no ice cream vendors, babes in bikinis, volleyball, etc. It's mostly deserted and the sand is hard and stony, the water too cold to swim - most days they have to dress up warm to go out there. They take some blini wrapped in paper and some hot tea in a flask and a ball to play with and this is quality time for Stefan Ivanovich and his family. So as the story goes, they're just walking down the beach, ready for their picnic. Papa has promised his little Vanya and Senya to build a big sandcastle because Stefan Ivanovich was a sapper in the Army, so he can do that.

So Stefan Ivanovich and his boys are walking along the beach when basically out of nowhere a guy in uniform appears. Then two, then three. Now the appearance of a uniformed guy always means trouble in Dneprdaniya, so Stefan Ivanovich is cautious. "Hi lads. What's the matter?"

"The matter is, comrade, is that you're in a restricted area."

Stefan Ivanovich's smile drops. "But I always come here with my boys," he slips his arm around his sons, "For a walk and a picnic. Would you like to join us for some bliny?"

The three men looked at each other. "Show me your ID." Stefan Ivanovich obliged. "Ok, Stefan Ivanovich. Here's the thing. This is now a military area. Don't you read PRAVDA? We're at war. You better bugger off before we arrest you, and never come back here again. We thought you were an enemy spy."

As Stefan Ivanovich leaves with his boys, their afternoon ruined, the three Spetsnaz men resume their occupation - that is, checking whether this beach could really support an amphibious operation. All over the coast, the same thing is happening. Areas where the enemy can land and seriously supply a landing force are investigated and marked. The preparations for war are in full swing.

[It doesn't matter that signs of motion, i.e. tracks, footprints aren't visible. Firstly, in maskirovka operations, tracks are covered anyway. Secondly vehicles towing decoys would make tracks that would need to be covered. Thirdly, proper military dummies are not distinguishable from high orbit with "high resolution satellites." That's just not true. Fourthly, it is not possible for you to watch absolutely every space of a country with real-time high resolution satellites. You might spot decoys being moved sometimes - which suggests I use them - but you can not ]permanently know that one position is a decoy position and another a real position from space. That requires aerial and ground-forces reconaissance. I suspect you are unaware of the total victory of Serbian decoys over NATO airforces in the former Yugoslavia? Dummy tanks and aircraft completely tricked NATO intelligence staff and flight crews.]

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... N55004.DTL
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/sh ... an-dummies
http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-2009-04. ... ocId658823
http://kosovo99.tripod.com/decoys.htm
And finally: http://sovietoutpost.revdisk.org/?p=46

Wellboneland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wellboneland » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:33 pm

The council has made the decision to aid Milograd 5-1

Talos sea, 0800, WGS Justuka
"Sail to Kreigorgrad for supplies, then we are docking in Milograd."
"I'm hungry."
"SHUT UP! Now where was I? Oh yeah, load the cannons and whatnot."
"Cap'n, is Milograd nice?"
"No, and if you don't shut up, I'm leaving you there."
"Okie cap'n"
"This is going to be boring, I can tell..."
my political compass

epic fail

Bro pride worldwide!

Kriegorgrad
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kriegorgrad » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Dneprdaniya wrote:[OOC: lame response.]

OoC: This articulates my sentiments; pertinent post coming soon.

The Beatus
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Beatus » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:09 pm

International Waters

Rear Admiral Lester Paite, stood on the bridge of the BSN Endeavor, looking over his Battle Group. He noted the Vengeance, the second carrier in his group, also an Endeavor Class, was nearly finished it's refueling. He had the crew of the Endeavor running combat readiness drills, while the group was stopped, somewhere in the middle of the sea. It was uneasy, sitting so calmly at sea. The entire fleet had been moving full steam since they departed Rifton Naval Base, in Lamoni, where they had been taking on supplies, and refueling. Admiral Paite had received immediate orders, he was to take the Battle Group to Vbingvan, in support of an on going operation to prevent genocide in the region. He watched as the tanker moved away from the Vengeance, and he said to the radio officer, "Instruct the fleet, we are moving out immediately. And instruct the Vengeance, they'll be taking first run on the CAP. Together the two carriers fielded 20 F-14D Super Tomcats. Within the hour the fleet was on the move again, heading for the danger that loomed before them. Admiral Paite hoped there would be people left to defend when they arrived.
Factbook | NS
The Theocratic Dominion of the Beatus
DEFense CONdition: 3 Enhanced Readiness

I Participated in the HDI World Census of Late Spring/Early Summer 2010! You can too at http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57088

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Automagfreek » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:56 pm

Dneprdaniya wrote:OOC: Re: the map. Let me clarify this position. Of course people know what my country looks like. That only takes a few photographs from space. However, actual cartography, especially urban cartography and weather cartography, relies on first-hand information. If I type "Federal Bureau of Investigation" into Google Earth I can go and look at the FBI Headquarters building. The fact is, without co-operation from my country, there is limited information that you can receive as to what you're actually looking at. Furthermore, satellites are not necessarily the best at mapping some terrain features. I would not rely on satellites to judge where to place an amphibious landing, for instance.

OOC: No, that's not true. Let me put it this way, North Korea is the most secretive nation on earth, yet we know everything about it. We knew how Kim Jong-Il took his coffee. Face it, everything about all of our countries is available either publicly, or through intelligence services. My nation, your nation, everyone.

IMINT, ELINT and SIGINT take time to decode and turn into useful information. This is not a video game where you click on the map and it unveils the fog of war.

I'm not sure if you really know how these different kinds of intelligence function. IMINT data can be analyzed and applied almost immediately, all depends on how efficient my flow of information is. I'm looking for very specific things in specific areas.

[It doesn't matter that signs of motion, i.e. tracks, footprints aren't visible. Firstly, in maskirovka operations, tracks are covered anyway. Secondly vehicles towing decoys would make tracks that would need to be covered. Thirdly, proper military dummies are not distinguishable from high orbit with "high resolution satellites." That's just not true. Fourthly, it is not possible for you to watch absolutely every space of a country with real-time high resolution satellites. You might spot decoys being moved sometimes - which suggests I use them - but you can not ]permanently know that one position is a decoy position and another a real position from space. That requires aerial and ground-forces reconaissance. I suspect you are unaware of the total victory of Serbian decoys over NATO airforces in the former Yugoslavia? Dummy tanks and aircraft completely tricked NATO intelligence staff and flight crews.]

Re-read my reply. I never said physical tracks left in the dirt, though those too can be spotted by high resolution satellites, I said heating on the tracks from being driven, as well as engine heat. If I notice you're arbitrarily moving vehicles around a potential theater of operaitons but they don't produce any of the heating characteristics of vehicles, then suffice it to say it's not really a vehicle. High resolution satellites can read the license plate off a car moving at 60 miles per hour in HD quality. With enough time I can determine which of your decoys are real and which aren't, and given that it will take my fleets several weeks or longer to arrive, I have all the time I need. And I never said I was monitoring your entire country, that would be a waste of resources. Besides, it's not like I really care about decoys anyways, I have no reservations against using excessive amounts of ordnance in the first place.

I also suspect you are unaware that I am not NATO, and my technology is several generations better than what is currently in use. You're talking things from 1999 against someone who's more like 2025 or later.

Oh, and Serbia lost.

S-300 Complex is a very, very competent air defence system.

S-300 was never intended to intercept ICBM class hypersonics, only IRBM's and short range ballistic missiles.
Founded on March 24th, 2003
Proud founder and Lord of Gholgoth
Condemned by Security Council Resolution #82
Join the religion of war. Become a Vanmakti warrior today.

Jagada
Envoy

Founded: Feb 15, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Jagada » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:10 pm

The Soviet Union's lack of response had of coarse been deemed a bold statement of defiance by the Department of Foreign Affairs and was promptly sent to the Emperor Arc who of coarse gave his personal authorisation to commence offensive actions against the USSR's properties and citizens -- military or non-military. The Intelligence Department had, since the first declarations by the Soviet Premier Vladimir King, been tracking the movements of the USSR's military and its entire country; selecting high priority military and infastructure points. The Soviet Fleet was tracked leaving harbor, and despite the horrific mess that was the world's oceans was able to keep very good track of the Soviet Fleet's movements in the seas of madness. Their intent, while already declared, was absolutely confirmed when the enemy fleet began to make a direct approach on Gholgoth -- a suicidal move if there ever was one. However, long before the Soviet Fleet had even begun its approach towards the Gothic Exclusionary Zone the War Department had given orders to move quickly to intercept the foe once they had reached Gothic waters. Numerous patrol fleets had been resummoned to a preparation zone near New Inn while other, dormant fleets, had been rapidly mobilized their crews already on high-alert due to the Varathron War, and the ongoing crisis with Milograd.

While the Jagite Empire had long been a strong defender of the southern Gothic seas they had also taken a far more proactive approach to the southwestern waters, especially since the Kravenite Fleets had gone into dock and not come out -- the entire Kraven Reich had for that matter gone supiciously quiet and while rumors in the War Department had speculated that Kraven watched with greedy eyes upon Milograd, the general feeling was that the Kravenites had gone on one of their typical isolationist moments, probably to root out Thought Criminals. The War Department had, of coarse, since the pronouncment by the Soviet Premier Vladimir King sent word out to all Gothic Nations of the impending invasion, especially to Milograd to whom this current invasion was aimed at -- they also sent word that it would be the Grand Navy which took care of this threat.

Dozens upon dozens of ships had been assembled in an impressive show of might and unity to their Milogradian brothers. Besides numerous light-carriers and medium-size ones, the War Department had authorized and required the presence of numerous Novacom-Class super-carriers to be assembled. They had come like bohemoths of war their massive decks prestine in the sun. The flagship was the mighty JFGS Lexicon, aboard it was Rear-Admiral Shadeow, a long-standing admiral in the Navy whom had survived the purges instituted by Emperor Arc following his ascension. He was tasked with leading the naval reprisal against the Soviet menace.

The Jagite Fleet had assembled long before the Soviets, whom had taken weeks to even get close to Gothic waters, had even reached the outer edges of the Exclusionary Zone. They had moved with all due speed towards the edge of the zone itself, waiting just a thousand kilometres inside of it waiting for the Soviet Fleet to arrive. It did so with almost clockwork-like precision. As soon as the Soviet Fleet's first vessel broke the sacred Exclusionary Zone, the Jagites struck out at full force. Hundreds of planes launched from their decks, they stayed low to the surface of the ocean, as low as was safe as they raced towards the Soviet Fleet at breakneck speed. They swarmed in, reaching maximum distance for their air-to-ship missiles but refused to fire them, willing to suffer if the Soviets had any anti-aircraft capabilities. They would never be able to shoot down all of them, or even a sizeable amount, not before the payloads were unleashed. At optimal range they unleashed their deadly cargo which raced across the surface of Gothic waters -- detonating into various Soviet ships.

High in orbit Jagite satelliates which had been unharmed in the Dnperian retaliation strike against the Freeks and Ralkvoians now came alive -- weeks of watching the USSR via satelliate had paid off, they had seen where military supplies were built, along which routes they followed, where they were stored, and shipped. That was to say nothing of the numerous factories, oil refineries, chemical plants, and other high-priority targets which the Intelligence Department had been labelling, with the approval of their War Department masters, and selecting for immediate strike packages. The satelliates had used complex systems of thermal and electromagnetic finders to locate and assist in accuracy, which was already near-absolute, but this was simply to further increase the chances of a confirmed strike. The satellites opened up with dozens upon dozens of hypersonic strikes on oil refineres, military depots, barracks, port facilities, government buildings. Four had been directed targeted at the Premier's primary residence, which had been determined by specialists whom had become familiar wtih the comings and goings of government officials. With any luck, the empire might well cut the head off of the foe long before a military invasion was necessary.
Friend of Kraven, 2005-2023
18 years of stories deleted
Kraven Prevails!

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:29 pm

As Andrew Lockhart reports in the market, the air raid sirens begin to sound. Everyone around them goes into a panic, but the two longtime friends and colleagues make eye contact, serious expressions on their faces. Andrew and Danny quickly sprint towards their Land Rover, climbing inside. Danny keeps the camera rolling, filming the chaos from inside the Land Rover as the first explosions begin to rock the entire city.

"Let's get to a safe spot and wait it out. It'll take more to scare me off," Andrew says as he leans up to the driver from the back seat, chuckling.

True, he had been through worse. Hell, he and Danny had actually been shot numerous times, and on other occasions had actually returned fire. Both men were not strangers to combat; both served in the military, both had been trained in combat, and both had killed people before. Killing isn't something that they are proud of, but it's either kill or be killed in the warzone.

The Land Rover speeds off in the direction of the city's outskirts. Along the way, a child sits in the middle of the road, crying at the bodies of his dead parents, who were killed by an explosion. He survived because he was playing at a playground down the street. As soon as the driver slams on the brakes, Andrew jumps out of the vehicle before leading the child into the Land Rover for safety. Danny films from inside the vehicle as Andrew pulls off the daring deed. As Andrew brings the child into the Land Rover, an explosion brings down some rubble, blocking their path. Once everyone is aboard, the driver quickly puts the vehicle in reverse and gets the vehicle around the rubble, continuing to the outskirts. Meanwhile, the passengers watch on as the city is bombed, Danny catching the horrific incident on live film, which is still broadcasting directly to Cylarn.
Last edited by Cylarn on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:51 pm

OFFICAL DECLARATION OF CORESPONDENCE FROM THE UNITEDIAN NATIONAL MILITARY OPERATIONS COMMAND

The Unitedian National Military Operations Command officaly declares that all hostile countries operating or going to operate agaisnt the Nation of Milograd are now considered enemies of Unitedia and will be eliminated and purged by Unitedian Military Forces. All soil or territory claimed by The Unitedian Armed Forces will be completely declared Unitedian Soil and protected as such.

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:17 am

Avalon, Central Telros
HIGHCOM Headquarters
12:13 PM

Avalon was the jewel of the Martial Republic, a place of promise and prosperity. The skyscrapers rose as high as the dreams of the Telrosian people. Underneath all of this splendor and hope, however, there was hidden secrets and facilities that saw to the continued existence of the Republic. Beneath the ground of Avalon, there was a secret facility that housed the High Command of Telros. The brightest minds of men and women who commanded the military and government of the Martial Republic. And here in the middle of it all was President Alanna Karkov.

A determined but vicious woman, Karkov was responsible for the recent shift in Telrosian politics that had it shed its mostly neutral stance and take on a more hostile, imperialist outlook. She had been elected on the Prorsus Party ticket that had emphasized a new, better future Telros over the Memoria Party's Daniel Walker who had campaigned on the idea of fixing the economy and maintaining tradition. Alanna's message of a revitalized Telros with strength and wealth to command spoke to the people, who were tired of constant drains on their institutions, and tired of being 'the nice guy who finishes last' as she put it.

With the recent conflict in Gholgoth regarding Milograd, an amusing sideshow up until this point, she had been looking to show support to get the Republic more involved in Gothic politics and make some friends. They were in the alliance, but getting closer relations was always a required step. The denouncing of Milograd meant nothing to Telros; the World Assembly was all bluster and promises, never any action. Independent nations on the other hand, however, had taken the initiative to invade. As per the agreed upon protocol for Gholgoth any who crossed the Exclusion Line were free game for destruction. However, signs of other powers stirring made Karkov cautious; she only sent a message signaling Gothic uniformity of support for each other and had the military put on high alert. The news blasted the invaders of Milograd, and their 'propaganda' as it was put, whilst putting in subtle hints about military service. It never hurt to be too careful in regards to preparation, and it seemed to have been the right path this time, as General Lewis of the 2nd Army had been informing her of.

“...as you can see, this nation known as the 'United Soviet Socialist Republic' has hastily put through a provision to go to war with Milograd. They managed to quickly assemble a force and have launched an invasion into Gothic waters. So far, we have information on Gothic movements and it appears the Jagite's have sent out a force of their own and are engaging the USSR invasion force.”

Alanna sat forward, her hands coming forward to clasp together as she gazed down at the sheet in front of her. Piercing blue eyes scanned the information quickly, the gears of her mind churning quickly to assimilate and determine a course of action.

“What information do we have on the enemy force?”

“Our satellites were able to find them on the long journey to our waters, Madam President. Together with our agents in the USSR and abroad, we have confirmed that there are around one hundred troop transports, fifteen battleships ,six submarines,and two aircraft carriers. We are unsure of the class or designations, due to the filthy Communist designs they incorporated, but these are the closest approximations.”

She nodded, moving a hand to brush a lock of dark brown hair to the side. “And the Jagites?”

“Intelligence has pieced together a picture of close to one hundred vessels, Ma'am. Along with light and medium carriers, we have confirmed reports that the Novacom-Class super-carriers they are known for are being deployed, and they have already begun to engage the Soviets. Furthermore, they are launching hypersonic missile attacks from orbit on the Soviet mainland, damaging targets of opportunity.”

The President leaned back, grabbing her cup of water and taking a sizable drink of its contents. This changed the game a little; there was no way Jagada, or any of the Gothic nations, would simply stop at the blunting and defeat of an invasion force. They would take it to the homelands of those who entered Gholgoth with hostile intent, determined to show that any attempt on the alliance and brotherhood of nations prosperity and freedom was not to be tolerated.

“We can assume that the Jagites shall defeat this USSR force in short order. However, the aftermath is what we must concern ourselves with. Gholgoth will demand retribution, even if its just the member nations and not the will of the Gothic Lords. The Republic needs to do its part in this endeavor; we needed some kind of event to put us on the world stage and net some influence with the other Lords. And this appears to be precisely what we needed.

Call a meeting of our personal council, General Lewis, and send me every bit of data, information, and scrap of news you have on this whole event. I'm going to shake things up a little bit in Congress.”

The General nodded, waving to an aide who handed over a manilla folder, with the customary 'Top Secret: Authorized Eyes Only' on the cover. He stood, saluted, and exited the room, the aide hurriedly stumbling after him. Alanna finished her water and moved to follower, her guard of Secret Service following like shadows.

It didn't take all that much to rile the Congress into voting on her suggested measure to go to war with the USSR and the nations who not only declared war on Milograd, but on every Gothic state by invading Gholgoth's waters, and aiding their enemies. She recommended it be focused on the USSR, with an article for other enemies of the Republic. There was some resistance, a few Senators worried about the magnitude of the conflict and the worth of spending Telrosian life, but the bill passed despite their worries.

The order was sent out by HIGHCOM to all branches of the Telrosian military and the news blanketed the airwaves about the monumental event: the Martial Republic was going to war. The bill had been signed into law only two hours ago, but the mobilization had begun far sooner than that. Part of her orders to General Lewis had been to being preparations for a war on his end; she would handle the rest. Orders for troop concentrations at certain bases and facilities were given, and the active military forces began to organize for the coming war. Supply depots were beginning to be stocked and opened for use, as equipment, food, electronics and all the necessary parts of war were gathered. The Navy began to call its ships from abroad and on anti-piracy missions to come home, reshuffling the Republic's eight fleets to cover the holes in the defense of the nation left by the soon to be departing forces.

The economy began the early stages of warfare, with light restrictions of materials that would soon become very expensive and hard to restrict later on, such as gasoline and other luxury items. Car-pooling and limited gas usage was recommended, the buying of war bonds to shore up the cost of what could be an extended conflict, and propaganda of the 'glorious chance to serve your country and get a college education' began to indoctrination to getting more recruits.

The mobilization effort was in full swing, but it would still take time before it was ready to do more than defend Gholgoth. The satellites the Republic had kept a keen eye on Gothic territory, as well as the assault upon Vbingvan and Dneprdaniya by Milograd, and the movements of other nations into those respective areas. Military Intelligence was focused on acquiring data on these nations, most specifically the USSR, and crafting battle plans to assault and/or repel these enemies.

A final communique was sent out, the last nail in the coffin.

(Image)
The Martial Republic of Telros
"If you want freedom, then be prepared to spill blood."

”It would appear our warnings went unheeded. The foolish, the savage, and the greedy have crawled out of their holes to grasp at the strong bodies and minds of those who have fought tooth and nail for their prosperity and power. Citing foolish claims of 'moraility' and the weak World Assembly, many seek to harm the brotherhood of Gholgoth and force their weak way of life onto us all.

With the invasion of Gothic waters, and subsequent declarations of war upon the people of Milograd, the Martial Republic has no choice but to reciprocate in kind. The Martial Republic, as of right now, is at war with The United Soviet Socialist Republic, and any nation who finds itself opposed to any of our brethren shall soon find our sword at their throats as well.

We showed you the gallows, we beckoned to the door leading away from the noose, and you have seen fit to walk up those steps and hang yourselves with the very same rope we warned you about. We are only bearing witness to the consequences of this choice.

If you choose to surrender now, the Martial Republic will be willing to discuss terms on grounds that shall be determined between our governments, and appropriate reparations for the damages rendered Gholgoth shall be sought. If you continue to resist, we shall show you the burning touch of war.”

Signed,
President Alanna Markov
Martial Republic of Telros

The die was cast, and the stage was set; there was simply one more thing to do. The Jagites needed to be contacted, if they were to deal with the forces of the USSR.

(Secret IC)

To: Emperor Arc the First, House Arc, Emperor of All Jagites
Subject: The USSR

It has come to my attention that your government has seen fit to prevent the fools of the United Soviet Socialist Republic to step foot in Gholgoth and are already working to drive them off. However, judging by your use of hypersonic missiles from your Empire's satellite network on their homeland, one would not be wrong to assume you intend to invade them. I would like to offer the forces and aid of the Republic in this matter. We must stand together in crushing these insects, lest they flee and procreate in hiding to bother us once more in the future.
Last edited by Telros on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dneprdaniya
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dneprdaniya » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:49 am

Automagfreek wrote:OOC: No, that's not true. Let me put it this way, North Korea is the most secretive nation on earth, yet we know everything about it. We knew how Kim Jong-Il took his coffee. Face it, everything about all of our countries is available either publicly, or through intelligence services. My nation, your nation, everyone.
Er, except we don't. You can't claim to know everything about something since your knowledge of everything is necessarily limited by what you don't know. In other words you don't know how much you know. That's a rule of military intelligence. Secondly, HUMINT is an extremely important part of intelligence. I don't know how you can claim to have immediate on-hand HUMINT about my country. Virtually everything you learn about "on the ground" is taken from HUMINT. Without HUMINT your intelligence operations amount to nothing. North Korea has extremely deep HUMINT penetration.

Automagfreek wrote:I'm not sure if you really know how these different kinds of intelligence function. IMINT data can be analyzed and applied almost immediately, all depends on how efficient my flow of information is. I'm looking for very specific things in specific areas.
You don't know the very specific areas. There's no way you could know them [immediately.]

Automagfreek wrote:Re-read my reply. I never said physical tracks left in the dirt, though those too can be spotted by high resolution satellites, I said heating on the tracks from being driven, as well as engine heat. If I notice you're arbitrarily moving vehicles around a potential theater of operaitons but they don't produce any of the heating characteristics of vehicles, then suffice it to say it's not really a vehicle. High resolution satellites can read the license plate off a car moving at 60 miles per hour in HD quality. With enough time I can determine which of your decoys are real and which aren't, and given that it will take my fleets several weeks or longer to arrive, I have all the time I need. And I never said I was monitoring your entire country, that would be a waste of resources.
Decoys do produce heat and radar signatures. That's the point of a decoy. You would have to be constantly monitoring my country to be able to plot the movement of all decoy forces and all conventional forces, but not only that, you would have to be following them all the time so that you always knew which were real and which weren't.

All forms of intelligence are vital and valuable. Nonetheless, all forms of intelligence should be combined with in-field reconnaissance to be really accurate.

Automagfreek wrote:Besides, it's not like I really care about decoys anyways, I have no reservations against using excessive amounts of ordnance in the first place.
lol

Automagfreek wrote:I also suspect you are unaware that I am not NATO, and my technology is several generations better than what is currently in use. You're talking things from 1999 against someone who's more like 2025 or later.

Oh, and Serbia lost.
For other reasons. The majority of their military was kept intact from NATO bombing. Also your technology is completely unproven, sorry.

S-300 was never intended to intercept ICBM class hypersonics, only IRBM's and short range ballistic missiles.
Uh, the S-300 complex can attack hypersonic weapons. S-300PMU-3 i.e. S-400 was specifically designed to be an ABM complex.

The Lemon Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lemon Islands » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:56 am

Denny Pednoir,minister of Health and Social security,rushed in the president's office dragging Victoria Dellier from the hand and yelled at the top of his lung,"We got to help these poor souls your excellency,its goona be a buthcery up'there"
Pres.D.M:"Whats this all about ?can't a man celebrate his reelection for rum's sake?"
Vict.Del:"Its Milograd sir and the awful situation there,my comra-"
Denn.Ped:"thats right I was goona say that its gonna be a slaughter,they're goona eat each other ,pleeeease can we send a handful of field doctors and medics that are goona save those folk's lifes?"
Pres.D.M:"Enough with the 'gonna' already,I see that you care about other peoples lifes and I'm glad about it,So in response to the Internationalist cause we'll send some Doctors 'n surgeons to the warring territories,but not anything excessive ,OK?
Denn.Ped:"OK,OK this is gonna be my first true challenge as a minister,thank you sir"
Vict.Del:"Oh bollocks I'll have to send a handful of letters,and I was going to have a bath at the new spa opening today,damnit!"

later that day...
THE REPUBLIC OF THE LEMON ISLANDS PRESIDENT

From:Daniel Montie,President of the Lemon Islands and the Lemonese Government
To:To the governments of Vbingban and Cylarn
subject:Humanitarian Aid and support

As a peaceful nation we cannot make an entry to this war,However our government and I personally have readied a paramedical corps the Lemonese Voluntary Humanitarian Corps (LVHC) in order to save as many lifes as possible in this tremendous situation that is about to start,Also my government and I would like to give 2'000'000 tocos ONLY for humanitarian purposes and medical supplies.
The LVHC consists of free Volunteers from the Lemon Islands and some other Carribean countries and are mostly professional doctors and nurses which we'll be if you want under your administration.
Their numbers:2'563
of whom:531 surgeons,268 neurologists,122 other doctors,789 nurses,853 paramedics
This is all we can do to help,we wish to you good luck!
Yours,
Daniel Montie,President of the Republic of the Lemon Islands
Manamanah turu tururu manamanah turururu

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:31 pm

It is with great regret that the Dh'arconian Empire must, at this time, declare the existence of a state of war between it and the entity the Lemon Islands, which has promised to assist the Vbingvanian menace. Should the aforesaid nation withdraw their intent to interfere with the objectives of the Empire, then this declaration may or may not be rescinded. As per always, it is the intent of the Empire to exterminate and annihilate the entirety of the Lemonian population.

As promised in our original declaration, the following shall occur to those whom with to interfere:

"...henceforth any and all states that declare hostilities against Milograd shall be immediately subjected to the absolute subjugation of their state and the execution of their entire administration. Interference with our objectives of isolation shall result in the destruction of our opposition."

The Annihilation of Vbingvan is relevant and associated with the Empire's return to isolation, and thus the "sending of humanitarian aid" is considered interference. Lastly, all volunteers and Lemonian workers present in Vbingvan shall be exterminated.

Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill
Last edited by Milograd on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Retired

Itanica
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Itanica » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Premier Seth Riley sat at his desk in his office held within the marvellous Grand Hall of The People, home to several public libraries, a small school, The Council of The People and indeed the Premier himself.
After reading a few reports, Seth picked up his phone and pressed the numbers "002", the internal number for Commander Mark Walker's Office.

"Mark, come to my office please, there is an international matter we need to discuss."
"Right away, Comrade."

Within 2 minutes, Mark had appeared at Seth's office.

"Take a seat."
Mark sat down.
"So what do you want?"
"You've heard of the Milograd thing right?"
"Of course, I've got papers about it stacking about 2m high. What do you want to do?"
"Nothing. Well, I want a detachment of 5,000,000 troops to be moved to the overseas territories."
"Why? Oh and, what number from what section?"
"I don't want all the troops on the mainland, it makes attacking us too easy. Also the islanders want protection. 3,000,000 from the Army, 1,000,000 from the Navy and 1,000,000 from the Air Force. Send two Solidarity-Class Carriers fully loaded with SU-35s, Mi-24s, SU T-50s and KA-50s. Not too much T-50s and KA-50s though, those are fucking expensive. Deploy a few T-90A tanks and S-400 SAM systems, too."
"Of course, Comrade. I'll get right on it. Are you expecting a conflict?"
"No, but you know these people, they're crazy, they want to melt the legs of children for Lenin's sake!"
"Okay. What else do you want?"
"Nothing, I just want to write a letter to Milograd, outlining our position."

With that, Mark stood up and walked back to his office to mobilise the troops while Seth wrote a letter.

To: Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill, Supreme Warlord of Milograd
From: Premier Seth Riley of The People's Republic of Itanica
Greetings. It has come to our attention that you are involved in a large scale conflict between several nations. While we do not agree with your practises, we would like to formally let you know that we are completely neutral in this conflict and will not intefere with it, regardless of alliances.

Regards,
Premier Seth Riley.

The big landmass is Mainland Itanica and is the size of Russia. The smaller landmass is the size of France and the even smaller landmass is the size of Great Britain and Ireland. Territories marked in Green belong to Itanica. The two smaller landmasses are what is referred to as the overseas territories within my post.
Last edited by Itanica on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Socialist Republic of Itanica
Domus liberis Gentibus - Home to the free People
We are currently at COCON 4. Conscription is in effect for all able men and women above the age of 18.
-CONFLICT CONDITION-
0 - Homeland Conquered
1 - Full Scale War
2 - Major Conflict
3 - Minor Conflict
-> 4 - Conflict Readiness <-
5 - Peacetime
Nuclear Silos are at ARECON 3.
Itanica has 30K active ICBMs and 56K inactive (not loaded into silos / mounted to vehicles) ICBMs.
-ATTACK READINESS CONDITION-
0 - Missiles Launched
1 - Ready for launch
2 - Doors opened
-> 3 - Systems online <-
4 - Power activated
5 - All systems offline
Factbook
Red Star Weaponry
My only puppets are Exotica, Esperanzado and The Mamluks.

The Lemon Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

l

Postby The Lemon Islands » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:10 pm

From:Daniel Montie,President of the Republic of the Lemon Islands
To:the Government of Milograd
subject:War Declaration over H.A

It is with great sorrow I realise that another nation has declared war to ours for sending humanitarian aid to Vbingvan and Cylarn,even if these nations are Milograd's enemies,the Voluntary corps would treat equally soldiers and populace from both sides,we did send them to Cylarn because it is the nation we got better and official relations with,If it changes the situation towards better a little bit,We'll send 25% of the equipment,personnel and economic aid to Milograd,However under the strict and unnegotiable condition that they we'll be used for medical reasons ONLY.We truly only care for the lifes of the people,nothing more nothing less.

Sincerely Yours
Last edited by The Lemon Islands on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:27 pm

The Lemon Islands wrote:

From:Daniel Montie,President of the Republic of the Lemon Islands
To:the Government of Milograd
subject:War Declaration over H.A

It is with great sorrow to realise that another nation has declared war to ours for sending humanitarian aid to Vbingvan and Cylarn,even if these nations are Milograd's enemies,the Voluntary corps would treat equally soldiers and populace from both sides,we did send them to Cylarn because it is the nation we got better and official relations with,If it changes the situation towards better a little bit,We'll send 25% of the equipment,personnel and economic aid to Milograd,However under the strict and unnegotiable condition that they we'll be used for medical reasons ONLY.We truly only care for the lifes of the people,nothing more nothing less.

Sincerely Yours

+++++++++
Grand Hall of Argyz
Milograd
Gholgoth
0730 hours – 2/17/12
+++++++++

Yet another nation had pledged its intent to interfere with Milogradian affairs, and yet another nation had failed to recognize the stubbornness of the Dh'arconian High Command. Dh'arco Rahavuhra perused over the Lemonian communique, and wondered what exactly it was that they were thinking. Vbingvan had been invaded for threatening to send aid; what was it that made the Lemonians think themselves exempt from this standard? They had offered a compromise, albeit a rather feeble one, so perhaps they thought that Milograd was open to negotiations on the matter.

They were wrong, if such was the case. The following communique was then conveyed to the Lemonian administration:

Our earlier statement stands. Failure to withdraw intent to send aid to any aid to Vbingvan or Cylarn will result in the extermination, subjugation and annihilation of the Lemonian state in its entirety. Your interventionist tendencies will ultimately result in your own citizens losing and sacrificing their lives for a cause which does not concern them.

Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill
Retired

The Lemon Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lemon Islands » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:10 pm

The Presidential office in the Ivory Palace is full of governmental and military offical,journalists try to climb over the big iron fences of the palatial gardens only to get more infomation about recent events,and people are worrying all over the Isles
"How they DARE, have they no respect for human lifes,if i was in your position i would invade them,Dan"shouted Victoria Dellier,Exterior minister,while smashing one of the 2 china Toucans in the office
Pres.Daniel:"Hey watch it that was my favorite,I think we all must calm down and think a logical solution to the subject including you Vic"
Vict.Dellier:"NUKE'M"
Pres.Daniel:"Jeez relax,we don't even possess such weapons"
general Alfred Wimble:"I say we respond calmly and with bravery to the cause,we shoul declare war too"
Manuel Corrito(Tourism Min):"No I reject such an option,It would turn our beautiful islands into barren rocks"
Guy Deservoixes(Defense Min):"You say that beacuse you're a traitor and a coward"
Vict.Dellier:"I agree to the war option we should kick the guts out of'em"
Pres.Daniel:"Please remind me why I made you an external affairs minister?"
Vict.Dellier:"I'm cute,smart and ambitious,there mister"
Denny Pednoir:"Everybody shut up you don't care about the people,Daniel,my president,I believe we should not leave the people alone,we should help'em,they need our assistance"
Pres.Daniel:"Hmmm,let me think,I think we should try hitting another deal with Milonians,more just,and I remember the other day that a legislation on the W.A referred something about our situation"

a few hours later...
REPUBLIC OF THE LEMON ISLANDS PRESIDENT

From:Daniel Montie,President of the Lemon Islands and the Lemonese Government
To:To the government of Milograd
subject:~

Dear Supreme Warlord of Milograd Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill,we recognise your will to fight and your upright attitude of you and your nation and we respect that,but let's make a deal,the Lemonese volunteers will provide medical assistance equally to everybody under Lemonese command, and as for the economic aid lets make it 50/50 to both sides(the previous rule is still in effect),Wha' do you say,you got nothing to lose anyway.
PS:please read that
Sincerely Yours
Daniel Montie,President of the Republic of Lemon Islands
Last edited by The Lemon Islands on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents