NATION

PASSWORD

An Open Declaration of Intent [ Open ]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bwitain
Minister

Founded: Apr 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Super Bwitain » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Vbingvan wrote:
Milograd wrote:( OOC: We can compromise on something if you'd like to continue RPing your nation...I'd rather see you stick around in this thread to be honest... )

OOC: I'll continue the RP for the time being. I may retcon it out of my nation's history if it ends too horribly, not sure yet.

VSS Licentia
Off the eastern coast of Vbingvan, 5 miles out from Idrivlik Port
1255 hours – 2/15/12

Vbingvan's Navy was outdated and nearly useless. Ten cruisers, two destroyers, and a single aircraft carrier, all well past their prime. That was all they had managed to "liberate" from the nation they had won their freedom from. Admiral Stzhn knew this, and knew that his, and the Navy's role, would be merely to soften up Milograd's forces before they reached the eastern coast of Vbingvan, which was woefully under-protected.

As the first missiles tore through the air over the fleet, and the fleet returned fire on the Milogradian vessels, most of the crew of these thirteen ships knew they were likely never going to return to Idrivlik.

Meanwhile, all over Vbingvan, firefights broke out between the Milogradian special forces and Vbingvan's Army. The SHORAD batteries, all of which were guarded by Night Watch squads (Vbingvan's special forces), were all kept safe due to the sheer number of soldiers guarding each location. Only one SHORAD battery was lost, the one in Idrivlik.

Idrivlik

Due to the loss of Idrivlik's SHORAD battery, most of the city was leveled. Hundreds of thousands of vbingvani and humans died in the blasts which wracked the once-great city.

Foreign Delegate, Tshariik Vbarvk
Representing the Hivemind Council of Vbingvan

"Vbingvan is currently under attack by the nation of Milograd. Milograd has made threats of genocide if they successfully conquer our nation. As we cannot hope to repel these invaders ourselves, our nation calls out to the other nations of the world for aid. "

OOC: I'd just like to interject; Retconning because something went badly for you is generally considered bad form by NS role-players.
Last edited by Super Bwitain on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Nye is watching: The Coalition Of Steel

Vbingvan
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vbingvan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:34 pm

OOC: Yeah, I figured it would be, but I also don't want to be unable to never RP again with Vbingvan because all of my people are dead.

Then again, I was kind of in a bad mood last night, it probably won't get to that point.
-Hivemind Remote Communication System Online-

-Representing the People of Vbingvan-
-Tshariik Vbarvk-
-Foreign Delegate-

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Automagfreek » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:38 pm

Vbingvan wrote:
OOC: Yeah, I figured it would be, but I also don't want to be unable to never RP again with Vbingvan because all of my people are dead.

Then again, I was kind of in a bad mood last night, it probably won't get to that point.

OOC: It's impossible to have every one of your people die. Just to take some examples from Gholgoth, Sniper Country lost all but one of his people in a massive nuclear attack, but he rebuilt and repopulated (I personally paid people to go over and repopulate his lands). I nuked the Kraven Corporation after a prolonged occupation and wiped out the vast majority of his people, but he rebuilt and came back stronger than before.

I truly believe there is no such thing as "losing" in NS, merely a change of story lines.
Founded on March 24th, 2003
Proud founder and Lord of Gholgoth
Condemned by Security Council Resolution #82
Join the religion of war. Become a Vanmakti warrior today.

Super Bwitain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Super Bwitain » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Automagfreek wrote:
Vbingvan wrote:

OOC: It's impossible to have every one of your people die. Just to take some examples from Gholgoth, Sniper Country lost all but one of his people in a massive nuclear attack, but he rebuilt and repopulated (I personally paid people to go over and repopulate his lands). I nuked the Kraven Corporation after a prolonged occupation and wiped out the vast majority of his people, but he rebuilt and came back stronger than before.

I truly believe there is no such thing as "losing" in NS, merely a change of story lines.

This.

On another note, I personally don't believe that NS Roleplay is about "winning" or "losing", It's about the development of plots and characters, as well as well-written wars and other conflicts.

And in the end, losing a war can be just as fun as winning one.

Super Bwitain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Super Bwitain » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:40 pm

OOC: Just so you know, I will not commit ANY forces unless requested to by Milograd. I am merely RPing my Head Of Governments reaction.

IC:

Jasper swore whilst he read the reports, Milograd had gone to war with Vbingvan! he was shocked, so shocked that he was tempted to repeat it out-loud just to confirm it to himself. By this point Jasper was at an impasse, he couldn't commit troops unless he had the approval of Milograd, and even then he would have an annoyingly hard time passing it through Parliament, who had become increasingly less concerned with foreign affairs other then that of the Coalition Of Steel.

"How can I help?" Jasper asked out-loud whilst he paced around the office, which was decorated with grand paintings of Imperial battles of the 18th century, as well as an high-value ornamental sword which his Great-Great-Great Grandfather, the famous general Edmund Delemond used to own.

After at least twelve minutes of thinking about how he could aid Milograd, Jasper was slumped in his chair, completely out of ideas. He was about to go out for a drink when his secretary, one Angella Jackman waltzed in, "Good evening sir," Angella greeted softly, "What's on your mind, you seem awfully stressed out today," Jasper groaned, irritated that his feelings had been noticed so quickly, "well Angella, I appear to be at an impasse; let me tell you what's going on..." Jasper replied, as he explained the situation.

"So that's it, Milograd is at war with Vbingvan and I can't do anything about it," Jasper finished, taking a deep breath and then a sip of whiskey which Angella had delivered to him. Angella meanwhile, had an idea, "we could always send another communique Sir, perhaps the Milogradian Administration missed it under the clutter of communiques which have been sent to them recently," Angella knew it wasn't really a "plan", more like a suggestion. But it didn't matter, Jasper snapped it up like a dog hungry for its' dinner, "excellent idea Angella, I shall dispatch another communique at once," He exclaimed, happy.

Ten minutes later, and Angella was gone, back to her daily duties of doing absolutely nothing, whilst Jasper had finished writing yet another communique, this time he hoped the Milogradian Administration would actually receive it this time and it wouldn't be buried underneath a mass of other messages.

The Imperium Of Super Bwitain

The High Lords Office

To: The First Dh'arconian Empire Of Milorgrad
Subject: Possible aid
Encryption: MAXIMUM

Good evening fine gentlemen of Milograd. I write this letter todday to make an offer of friendship between our two nations. We realise that the lapdogs of the world-assembley have been trying to bring your great nation down, and all its' culture and values along with it, The Imperium does not want this to happen.

What I propose is the possible settlement of an agreement in which the Imperium sends your nation yearly packages of financial aid, whilst we are not saying your nation is poor in anyway, shape or form, we realise that these aid packages would make it much easier for you to purchase weaponry to use against your enemies, who must be struck down.

I would also like to make clear that you will not have to pay a single coin in return, this is aid from us to you, and we wish for you to be un-hindered by the task of repaying it. I and the Imperium hope you will accept this offer, as we are prepared to send a package of $1,000,000,000 to your nation, or one billion Universal Standard Dollars.

We hope you reply, and good luck to you.

Yours sincerely
High Lord Jasper Delemond
The Imperium OF Super Bwitain

Kriegorgrad
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kriegorgrad » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:51 pm

EDIT OoC: Misgauged situation badly. Retract prior statement.

‘HER GASH IS SIDEWAYS AND SO’S HER GOB/SHUT UP YA BITCH AND GERRA’ FUCKIN’ JOB!’

The origin of this enigmatic chant may befuddle the more educated amongst those observers, but when one understands the Kriegos fixation with football – and the bizarre shouts which accompany it – then it becomes somewhat clearer. Somewhat. The game was Byrnmouth versus Kiranton, with Byrnmouth being the noble seaside city where Barry and Old Tim reside, drinking their beer and eating their chips. Byrnmouth won, 2-1 to the caring observer, of which there will be few. Chants were always slung willy-nilly at such games, and the fights which broke out were the sources of much amusement to the Kriegos Inner Party (who were generally more educated, privileged members of this classless society). The fights were particularly humorous because of very strict rules about displaying colours contrary to the red, white and black of the Party. Consequently, the scarves and jerseys on offer for fans of the teams were remarkably similar, and given the amount of Victory Ale and Victory Lager consumed at these football games, a certain amount of friendly fire has come to be expected. One famous incident in Dart, a city in the south, saw two factions of the same team kill four of their number in drunken madness, and injure countless more, before the news was delivered that the away team’s fans had snuck to the buses and made their escape.

But this is a digression. Who was the subject of such slander? Well, one needs to observe two facets of Kriegos society. The first being, the absolute lack of knowledge of the insular Kriegos about the anatomy of foreigners, and the second being the pure hatred for any form of monarch since Kriegorgrad’s own monarchy was deposed through violent revolution. But this doesn’t explain much, does it? Well, the answer, as with most peculiar turns of history, rests in misinformation. Someone, having read the Voice, and its report on Kylarnatia’s aggressive diplomatic posturing, had evidently forgotten over the course of eight pints of Victory Ale that the Tsarina Silvier the Numbered was not, in fact, a Kiranton football player, as football in Kriegorgrad is nigh on exclusively male, and that Kiranton was not the same thing as Kylarnatia. But that’s how it goes. At about two in the afternoon, great crowds were swarming through Byrnmouth cheering the same chant, in rage against either the monarch, Kylarnatia’s atypical Gothic peacocking, or Kiranton’s terrible football. Who knows.

‘FUCKING HELL BARRY I DROPPED ME CHIPS.’
‘Fucking ‘ell Tim, you fat bastard, you don’t need any more chips!’
‘CHIPS. GRAVY. WHISKY. BANG.'
'Y' fuckin' idiot, Tim.'

As you may guess, Barry, Old Tim, and a few other chaps from the docks had gone to see the game. They, like most of their fellow football fans, were in the grips of a confusion of some sort or another. Given the amount of beer and chips with curry sauce consumed, and the whisky which surreptitiously floated about the crowd (Kriegos police were ostensibly harsh on hard spirits after football games, following the deaths in Dart), the group was surprisingly creative and coherent. It was not particularly certain why a foreign, female aristocrat was the target, but once these things start in a large group, it is beyond most to question their validity.

'FUCK OFF SLACKY! FUCK OFF SLACKY! FUCK OFF YOU MIGHTY SLACKYYYYY!’

The context of the chant having been prior established, I shall leave it to the educated reader to deduce the topic of this noble embodiment of Kriegos communal spirit. The Voice had condemned the Gothic’s universal response as intrinsically opposed to individual sovereignty, but quite how this absurdity had come about has to be left as one of life’s less explicable mysteries. But as for Barry and Old Tim, they both woke up the next day, thoroughly hung over, with Barry next to a woman ten years his senior, and Old Tim with chips, vomit and gravy in the bed - and a thoroughly displeased wife. But that’s life in Byrnmouth.

The Montechristo flamed between two fingers, and Henry’s solidly built face was the image of nobility in the glare of the shadow. One would be forgiven if they assumed Henry was an aristocrat, both in blood and position, but his great-grandfather was in fact an extremely wealthy businessman under the old monarchy, who had been smart enough to shift his allegiance when saw the Ancien Regime collapse about him. He weaselled his way into the revolution, and became celebrated as one of the fathers of the struggle, despite joining only on the tail-end. But Henry’s great-grandfather had always been shrewd and intelligent like that: it was how he’d grown rich in the first place, despite his start in life as the son of a bricklayer. Mustapha Krin looked at him with narrowed eyes.

One would be forgiven for assuming that Mustapha Krin was a gutter rat, of the most lowly, vulgar heritage, and a physiognomical condemnation of the Kriegos working class. But Mustapha came from a long, long line of establishes dukes, who’d owned a great swathe of land about that aforementioned epicentre of football, Dart. The Krins, like Henry’s ancestor, no sooner pledged their allegiance to the self-determination of the working class than it was clear that the old regime was through. Again, the Krins were happily tolerated, quite like De Sade of the French; unlike De Sade, the Krins never suffered karma’s just wrath. Mustapha took a drag of his Davidoff Light and exhaled delicately in the comfortable warmth of the darkened boardroom.

‘So, Henry, whose idea was this?’ The accent was markedly what the British would call ‘educated’, a thoroughly distinct departure from the regional tongue spoken – and promoted – amongst the Kriegos general classes. It was a closely guarded hypocrisy that the Kriegos elite were often sent abroad for their education, usually to liberal democracies. The world spins in funny ways sometimes.

‘Well, I’m not sure. But I for one agree with it. I’m of the certain principle that we should endeavour to aid those suffering beneath the yoke of imperialist aggression.
‘But Henry, really, do you think this will make a great deal of difference? And isn’t is frankly a bit bizarre given our recent international behaviour in this affair?’
‘Yes, it may be. But I feel that it is the right thing to do.’
‘Very well. But we must keep COMSEC on top of any leak. We do not want this getting out.’
‘That’s the one benefit of this fucking country.’ Henry spat the word, and in a tongue so gentle, it scarce sounded like a curse. ‘That COMSEC keep a very good eye. Besides, we can hide most of it in paperwork. We both know how inefficient any bureaucracy is impertinent to national defence, national security and our personal security.’
‘Well, yes, but- no I suppose you’re correct. And I do agree: it feels the right thing to do.’
‘The report we got this morning says that malted beverages can be crucial to morale. They can be that crucial difference in a soldier, between suicide, and that last stand which turns to a glorious counter-offensive.’
‘Have the appropriate persons spoken with the appropriate persons over there?’
‘Yes they have. It’s been done in Kriegos style: impossible to catch, with such a small amount of heavily coded information amidst such a volume of irrelevant data, that if even if one figures it out, chances are they’ll discard it as nonsense. It’s a subtle means of support we offer.’
‘That it is. Okay Henry, as much as governance is important, let’s retire for now. Pass it down the Proletarian Guard officiat to deal with. Let’s eat – at Montgravnel a marvellous new XO’s just been shipped in.’
‘Really? Well, I’m not one to turn down cognac at the country abode. Golf afterwards?’
‘We’re no savages. Of course golf afterwards. For a leader of this country, you can be a damn idiot, Henry.’

They broke out laughing and the report of their bespoke shoes clicked down the marble halls of the Kriegos seat of power.

Halsted

Surreptitious movement dominated the base. Stealth-aircraft were loaded with the materiel. Proletarian Guardsmen patrolling the fortress of barbed wire, fluorescent lighting, and voluminous aircraft hangers, had no clue what was transpiring. The COMSEC officers, in their trademark peaked caps, Webleys hanging laissez faire off their hips, suggested to the guardsmen that their ignorance was perhaps not entirely unintentional. The planes were being prepped and checked. Nothing violent was on the aircraft: any fool could tell the planes were peaceful, devoid of any means of war.

Captain R. Haggard felt frost settle on his moustache and called out to various figures darting about the large black aircraft. He shivered and tugged the drab greatcoat about his frame, painfully annoyed at himself for having left his scarf back at the officer’s mess. There was nothing to be done though about it. He had to grin and bear it. He produced a cigarette and fumbled with the Victory Windproof Lighter in his brown leather gloves lighting it. Only a few more hours of cold, and he could get a decent meal, and go to sleep in pleasant quarters. He was very glad not to a member of the enlisted: he was always too pampered as a member of the inner party to exist amongst the rough, tough sorts of the Proletarian Guard proper. He was a born officer, in both sensibility, and a genuine inability to function normally amongst normal men.

The wind about the base howled, and signal flags whipped this way and that beneath the buffeting fury. Lieutenant J. Conrad appeared next to him, wearing a greatcoat, gloves – and, much to Haggard’s jealousy – a cashmere scarf. ‘Bloody cold out, isn’t it Rider?’
‘That it is. Bloody freezing, Joseph. Bloody freezing.’
‘Say, can I bum a cigarette? I left mine at the mess.’
‘Of course.’
‘Lovely. Cheers Rider.’
‘Je t’en prie.’
‘Pardon? Was that French?’
Rider blushed. ‘Perhaps.’
‘So they allowed you to learn some?’
‘They did. “As a member of the inner party, it has been deemed valuable that you have access to a foreign language, in case of intelligence operations against nation speaking said language.”’
‘Cracking stuff. Read any books yet?’
‘Still waiting on the confirmation. Hopefully I’ll get something soon.’
‘Well, even with us they’re rather tight on censorship.’
‘They are, they are indeed.’
‘Say, what are we loading into this planes again?’
‘Something. Begins with an “M”. It’s foreign.’
‘And where’re we sending it?’
The captain shrugged. ‘Who knows.’
‘Wiser words were never said, Rider, never wiser.’

The wind howled and they stood there for a long time, smoking cigarettes in their greatcoats whilst the logistical staff flurried about those great, ominous planes.
Last edited by Kriegorgrad on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Vbingvan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vbingvan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:56 pm

It's not losing the war that I'm concerned about. If it was just losing a war that was the problem, I wouldn't be considering dropping out of the RP. The problem is that Milograd, by itself, is probably going to beat my severely under-equipped military (I mentioned in another thread that the majority of Vbinvan's Army is equipped with crossbows), the only nation who responded to Vbingvan's request for aid made the situation worse, and Milograd has at least three nations backing it up. Even if it were just everything I listed above, however, I'd still go along with it if it weren't for the fact that Milograd's threatened to kill everyone in Vbingvan. It's not fun to RP a situation that is completely hopeless, especially when it's a situation you didn't want in the first place.

And I'm going to stop having this conversation now, since it's cluttering up the thread and it's not getting me anywhere anyway. I'll wait for Milograd's reply to post again.

-Tshariik Vbarvk-
-Foreign Delegate-

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:49 pm

Kriegorgrad wrote:OoC: It’s very easy for you part of the Gholgoth bloc to lament on about poor RP form; if your nation was about to get raped by a gang of baddies, I think you’d change your tune rather fast. Vbingvan: retconning is not bad form. It depends entirely on the validity and quality of the RP.

( OOC: Heh, I've actually been destroyed several times now...but regardless Vbingvan is free to do as he wishes, of course. Personally I think if you're going to join a thread wherein "subjugation" and "mass execution" are promised ICly, you really should know what is coming. Like I said earlier, though, I'm totally willing to make an OOC compromise w/ Vbing if he'd like to avoid absolute destruction and such. I'd be lying if I said he'd likely win this conflict ICly, but for the sake of the RP, and as the OP of this thread, I'm certainly willing to downgrade/lessen the damages or extent of my assault on him. :P

I'll try to post later tonight, Vbingvan...
)
Retired

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:28 pm

OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUE OF THE ARMED REPUBLIC OF CYLARN

To the nation of Vbingvan,

We see your plight, and while we wish we could send in our troops, it would lead to our destruction. To compensate for this, we will be sending in $5 billion USD for humanitarian aid and we will allow your citizens to seek asylum in Cylarn.

Sincerely,
James Francis Bulger
President of the Armed Republic of Cylarn
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Vbingvan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vbingvan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Cylarn wrote:

To the nation of Vbingvan,

We see your plight, and while we wish we could send in our troops, it would lead to our destruction. To compensate for this, we will be sending in $5 billion USD for humanitarian aid and we will allow your citizens to seek asylum in Cylarn.

Sincerely,
James Francis Bulger
President of the Armed Republic of Cylarn

Foreign Delegate, Tshariik Vbarvk
Representing the Hivemind Council of Vbingvan

The Council understands that you cannot send troops to Vbingvan to aid in our defense. We gladly accept your offer of humanitarian aid and asylum, however.

That night, in Vbingvan, there was a massive exodus. Vbingban's citizens fled by the millions, ninety-six million to Cylarn, 16 million to the wasteland across the western mountain range and 16 million to an anonymous benefactor (approximately). Over half of Vbingvan's population was out of the country by morning. The remaining 128 million citizens, however, chose to stay behind and aid the Vbingvan Army in defending their homeland. Many were armed with little more than their traditional axswords. If these militia were actually to engage Milogradian forces, they would be slaughtered.

OOC: Edited in exact numbers. Also, a nation who wishes to remain anonymous, at least for the time being, DID telegram me shortly after I posted and volunteered to take some of the refugees.

Second edit: The anonymous nation is Ganos Lao
Last edited by Vbingvan on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

-Tshariik Vbarvk-
-Foreign Delegate-

Dneprdaniya
Attaché

Founded: May 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Dneprdaniya » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:09 pm

[OOC: I'd like to point out I'm in no favour of retconning. You can destroy my country and kill all my people if you like (if you can.) If you guys are serious about invading me I'd like the OOC post I made on the last page to be addressed.]

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:53 pm

Andrew and Danny receive no response from the officer, so they get back inside the Land Rover, travelling on further into Dneprgrad. Danny looks at Andrew, a disappointed look on his face.

"What a douchebag...", he says, annoyance in his voice.

"I guess we'll just go somewhere and begin reporting. We'll have to be quick, because I don't wanna be here when Milograd ransacks the city", Andrew says.

The Land Rover stops at a busy Dneprdaniyan market. People go about their daily business, selling and purchasing various goods. Andrew and Danny exit the Land Rover, walking over to a central point in the market. Danny removes the camera lens and turns on the bulky device, lifting it onto his shoulder. Andrew stands before the camera, turning on his CNNN microphone. Danny's free hand is in the area, counting down the seconds until showtime while setting the camera to "Record".

Five,
Four,
Three,
Two,
One.

Andrew clears his throat before speaking, looking at the camera with his usual professional facial expression and posture. He is viewed by Cylarnians as the reporter who always delivers the news in a professional tone, even if he is in the middle of a battlefield. Like all citizens of Cylarn, he had served in the military, assigned to the 6th. Air Cavalry as a mechanic aboard a UH-60.

"This is Andrew Lockhart of the Cylarnian National News Network, reporting to you live from Dneprgrad. As far as we know, Milograd and its allied nations have engaged Dneprdaniya after the blistering remarks of a Dneprdaniyan officer. Certainly, it seems that this nation will be subjected to fierce fighting and its chances of survival are grim, at best. I am currently reporting from a market and it seems that most of the Dneprdaniyan civilians are going about their daily routines. Of course, this will not be the case here in Dneprgard when the conflict heats up even more", Andrew says, speaking with confidence and inserting strength into his words.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

The Lemon Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lemon Islands » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:19 am

To:Government of Cylarn
From:Victoria Dellier ,Ministry of External Affairs of the Republic of the Lemon Islands

Would you please specify to me the reasons of the incoming conflict,as i got a special order from President Daniel Montie to be on guard for conflicts including friendly nations like yours,in case we can help by any means other than military personnel or equipment you can contact us or Ferdinard Wills,Minister of National Defence or his Excellency the President,Daniel Montie
With friendly salutes,Victoria Dellier
Manamanah turu tururu manamanah turururu

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:41 am

To Victoria Dellier, Minister of External Affairs of the Republic of the Lemon Islands,

The nation of Milograd has been brought out into the open due to accusations of genocide against their own people. Milograd simply wants to remain as an isolationist state, but they and and their allies are embroiled in a conflict with several other nations. The nation of Vbingvan was forced to deny Milograd's peace conditions; therefore, the two are at war. After an officer in the Dneprdaniyan Military made some blistering remarks about Milograd and now faces an all-out war with Milograd and its allies. If you wish to help, I suggest helping Cylarn negotiate an end to hostilities as well as allowing foreign nationals to seek asylum in your nation and providing money for humanitarian aid.

Sincerely,
Allen Crenshaw
Secretary of State of the Armed Republic of Cylarn
Last edited by Cylarn on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Ralkovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovia » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:57 am

(As my post stated, they're targeting your cities. I'm just aiming for casualties and probably some terror)
Spig: Ralk, what is ur Zionist Jewnazi Agenda?
Ralk: PROLIFERATE POTATO
Divair: this is the first time I've literally just stopped doing everything just to stare at a post.
Kirav wrote:This is NationStates. Our Jews live in Ralkovia.

Maudlnya wrote:You guys talking about Ralkovia?
*mutters something about scariness up to 11*

Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk. :<
Releign wrote:
Leningrad Union: Help me against Ralkovia

That's a Jew octopus with a machine gun.
I think I will pass.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
New_Edom:you're so coy Ralk. You're the shyest of dictators.
More Funny/Intimidating Quotes About Me Short Summary On Ralkovian Policies.

The United Soviet Socialist Republic
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Soviet Socialist Republic » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:38 pm

TIME:10:00 AM

(Premier King Speaking) People Of the soviet union we must worry no longer as a chance to *Liberate* the opressed people of milograd is here!!a war has been going on for a while and it is high time we joined in and help topple the oppressive government of milograd, with casualties rising and more and more *Liberaters* falling it is a clear case that we need to intervene and help annex errr *liberate* the oppressed people in milograd! Although we will not be able to win this war alone the *coalition*forces combined will likley be able to make a succesful push at milograd!so i ask you good ministers of the soviet union vote yes on operation topple!!!! *cheering in background*

The Next Day
TIME:12:00 PM

Welcome repesentitives of the United Soviet Socialist Republic, we are gathered to order to vote on the Operation Topple bill proposed by premier Vladimir king.The voting will now begin,
All who Aprove of operation topple please raise your hand...........ok 83 votes for operation topple,now for the second part of the voting,all Opposed to operation topple please raise your hand.........ok 17 votes Against operation topple......bill Passes.

One Week Later
TIME:2:30 PM
(premier Vladimir King speaking) Hello good soldiers of the soviet union as most of you may be aware of the operation topple bill has recently been passed approving the *liberation*of milograd and you soldiers are going to be carrying out the operation,your goal is to pass through the waters of the Gholgoth,land in milograd,and push to the capital and topple they're opressive goverment and replace it with whatever government the people want to have,anyway you are ordered to load onto your ships and set sail in one hour.

Two Hours Later

(admiral speaking) alright troops we will be in milograd in 2 to 3 weeks so lets take this time to double check our invasion force,ok 100,000 soldiers,1000 tanks,500 aircraft,100 landing boats,15 battleships,6 subs,and 2 aircraft carriers.

The invasion has begun..........
Gay and Proudand also a brony
Political Compass:Left: 7.76, Authoritarian: 5.6
I am: Fascist/Corporatist on economy,
Conservative on social issues(Support same sex marriage),
Anti secularist on religion,
Anti-Republican on government,
Interventionist/Imperialist on international issues

Jagada
Envoy

Founded: Feb 15, 2005

Postby Jagada » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:50 pm

[OOC: I assume that since you have made this vote and it has passed, that it was announced to the parties you seek to attack -- namely Milograd. If not, then you can just consider we noticed your invasion force leaving port -- however you wish to determine it.]

The Empire of All Jagites
You must walk through the darkness to see the light ...

To Premier Vladimir King,

Your declaration of war upon the First Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd is, by all means, an active declaration of war against the entire region of Gholgoth. While the Emperor does find your defiance in the face of insurmountable odds to be rather brave he does wish to extend to you this one oppurtunity to stand down from your declaration and cease your hostilities upon Milograd and thus all of Gholgoth. The flames of war are spreading, Premier, do not get caught downwind of them.

Lord Telge Pearland
House Pearland
Department of Foreign Affairs
Friend of Kraven, 2005-2023
18 years of stories deleted
Kraven Prevails!

Ikruchystan
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ikruchystan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Official Communique of the Anarcho-Syndicalist Union of Ikruchystan

To all the nations arrayed against Milograd,

Let it be known that the full might of Armed Forces of Ikruchystan, some fourteen million men, shall be utilized should it be deemed necessary in the defense of Milogradian and by extension Gothic interests. Furthermore, finding the nation of the United Soviet Socialist Republic to be particularly repulsive and oppressive, the Worker's Councils of Ikruchystan have issued an Enlightenment Order against the government of the USSR. If the people of the USSR wish to avoid forceful Enlightenment, Ikruchystan suggests that the entire government of the USSR immediately resigns and allow Unionized Army Forces to enter the nation without resistance.

The 4th, 5th, and 6th Unionized Enlightenment Hosts stand ready to begin the pacification and forced Enlightenment of the USSR should Premier King fail to meet our demands.

Sincerely,
Ezkrovan Marquez, CINC-UAC
On Behalf of the Workers of Ikruchystan
Ex Gladio Patria

In the dark recesses of the mind, a disease known as fear feasts upon the souls of those who can not overcome its power.

Factbook(WIP)

New Scorpio
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Scorpio » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Milograd wrote:( OOC: If you're one of the nations whom have declared war on me or have expressed interest in doing so, this thread is especially relevant to you. )

The First Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd

(Image)

The Dh'arconian High Command has become dissatisfied with the recent threats and declarations of war directed at the Milogradian state, and henceforth any and all states that declare hostilities against Milograd shall be immediately subjected to the absolute subjugation of their state and the execution of their entire administration. All foreign, hostile militaries that enter Gholgothic waters shall be annihilated on sight. Interference with our objectives of isolation shall result in the destruction of our opposition.

Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill
Supreme Warlord of Milograd

To: The Dh'arconian High Command

We as your ally, hope we may stay allies throughout this time of high security in you nation. We shall send aid to you as needed and hope you will be a good tradeing partner when these weak nations cease there wrongful attacks upon your nation.

The Dictator of New Scorpio,
His Lordship, Jacob Shade
Last edited by New Scorpio on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

http://www.nationstates.net/region=grey_archipelago

.. ☆ . +.。 . . . . . 。 ゚。, ☆ ゚. + 。 ゚ ,。 . 。 , .。゚ 。 ゚ . +。 ゚ * 。. , 。゚ +. 。*。 ゚. . . . ..., 。SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­­­­­AAAAAAAAAACCE + ゚ 。 。゚ . ゚。, ☆ * 。゚. o, 。 . + ゚ 。 。゚ . ゚。, ☆ * 。゚.

Tecknoko
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tecknoko » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:22 pm

To: Vbingvan
CC: All Relative Parties, The Dh'arconian High Command, Resource Initiative High Command
Subj: Hostile Actions against the Dh’arconian Empire
Encryption: Nominal
The Grand Lord of the Six Kingdoms, Risen Chancellor of the Empire, Ruler of the Island of Tur, High Lord of Teckshi, Protector of the Dh’arconian-Tecknoko state, and Grand Chancellor of The Erstes Kaiserreich of Tecknoko, hereby condemns the unprovoked assault upon the Dh’arconian Empire and her holdings, including The Erstes Kaiserreich of Tecknoko and her Empire. Such an outright attempt at the destruction of such a powerful state shall not go unpunished and will be forever remembered within the hearts and minds of the men that slaughter your people. As an integral part of the Dh’arconian Empire under the guidance of the Resource Initiative, the The Erstes Kaiserreich of Tecknoko will assist the Dh’arconian Empire with any request bestowed from her High Command, by means of the Resource Initiative, and offers full compliance with the slaughter and eradication of such scum that dare to assault the Dh’arconian Empire. With Destruction in my mind and knowledge in my heart, I hereby declare an open state of hostilities amongst the Dh’arconian-Tecknoko Empire and all which dare defy the Dh’arconian Empire. None shall live, all shall die.

Once more, through the Gates of Hell we run.

Signed,
Juliet Marie Dugas
~Approved by the Resource Initiative and Dh’arconian High Command~
Last edited by Tecknoko on Fri Mar 05, 1972 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Dh'arconian Kaiserreich of Tecknoko
Mindhar on The Lord of the Rings

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:40 pm

( OOC: It should be noted that my contacting of Scandivan States is not a totally random occurence, but is rather something that has been discussed extensively over IRC. Additionally, if I do not answer your communiques it is not because I am ignoring your posts, but rather because the High Command has chosen to ignore certain messages.

Also, Kreig, I'm currently unsure as to how I should respond to your posts. It'd be appreciated if you could give me a heads up as to what you'd prefer; I'm game for responding regardless...
)

+++++++++
Grand Hall of Argyz
Milograd
Gholgoth
0900 hours – 2/16/12
+++++++++

As condemnations, offers of support, declarations of neutrality, and further threats continued to be filed in regards to Milograd, the Dh'arconian High Command collectively pondered how they would address these responses. Various nations of Gholgoth had pledged their support to Milograd, as had former acquaintances such as New Scorpio. The Freeks had chosen to take manners into their own hands by assaulting Dneprdaniya, as had Jagada, while the Ralkovians had also decided upon a similar choice. Despite what the High Command would publicly claim, it was preferable to them that the larger powers of Gholgoth address threats such as Dneprdaniya so that the Empire would not have to. Milograd still had its own issues to address though, that being Vbingvan and the Theocratic Dominion of the Beatus.

Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill sighed upon reading the message conveyed to him on behalf of the Theocracy, that of which was penned by Edwardo Listless of Beatus. He was hoping to avoid having to deal with any more interferences, and could not help but wonder why anyone else would interfere with Milograd's objectives -- he had believed that the demonstration against Vbingvan would have proven a point. Perhaps if he made the assault on Vbingvan even more brutal...maybe they would come to their senses then. Milograd, however, did not possess the capabilities to improve upon the brutality being expressed through the Vbingvanian campaign. It then occurred to him that utilizing weapons of terror could potentially achieve what he desired. This begged the question; what weapons?

Milograd had used a large amount of its chemical weapons stockpile during its original end of isolation in 2011, during the Quirinian and Ryouese invasions of Milograd. The most vicious and effective chemical and biological weapons in the Empire's arsenal had, for the most part, been utilized at that time; the weapons had successfully brought terror upon the foreign invaders, and the biological attacks prompted military withdrawal from both invading parties. Without its open weapons, Milograd would be unable to project the fear and power that it wished to. Rumors had swirled around earlier that year that the Empire of the Twin Thrones of Karita had a notably impressive NBC program, that of which controlled some of the more powerful weapons of mass destruction ever to be devised. As one would expect, the program was incredibly secretive and a majority of the aforesaid rumors were responded to as being false by the Karitian government. Jukill had never been convinced that this was the case, and for that reason he would pen the following letter. Unlike a typical message from the Supreme Warlord, this message would be genuinely formal and respectful...

The First Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd

To the esteemed leadership of the Empire of the Twin Thrones,

As your government is likely aware, the Empire of Milograd's goals and desires of isolationism have been interrupted by the wanton interventionists hordes. The World Assembly Security Council has condemned our nation, and as a result, various declarations of war, embargo, and condemnation have been directed towards the Empire. Recognizing that it is the right to any state to exercise their own domestic policies, we cannot help but interpret this reaction as a severe violation of our sovereignty.

Acknowledging this, I, on behalf of the First Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd, would like to inquire as to whether or not your government would be interested in assisting Milograd in its defense against these threats. We recognize the Empire of Twin Throne's impressive military capabilities, and would be more than willing to make assistance worthwhile for Karita.

Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill
Supreme Warlord of Milograd

The Dh'arco had not explicitly mentioned the NBC program of the Empire of the Twin Thrones, but he was hopeful that his hint concerning it would be noticed.

+++++++++
Huneta Base
Hakkoi
Minyang - Map
1520 hours – 2/16/12
+++++++++

The Theocratic Dominion of the Beatus had declared its intention to interfere with Milograd's plans in the Vbingvanian campaign, and for that reason the Huneta base was especially busy on this spoken day. Located on the island of Minyagrad, it was the largest military facility in the Milogradian colony of Hakkoi, which was conveniently a neighbor of the Beatusian mainland. The Dh'arconian Military Council had ordered that the Hakkoian colony enter a state of emergency and prepare for potential Beatusian invasion, despite the fact that the Theocracy had only stated interest in deploying to Vbingvan. Hakkoi's Colonial Army had begun a rapid mobilization, and the process had awaken the otherwise silent colony.

Imperial Naval Assets had already begun to mine the Beatusian-Minyagradian strait, and nuclear-powered attack submarines, along with diesel-powered attack submarines had been directed to the western coast of Hakkoi for patrol. Multiple Launch Rocket Systems were already in the process of being transferred to the Hakkoian borders, all of which carried scatterable mines for area-denial purposes. Targets of opportunity were to be actively hunted by Milogradian submarines in the event of invasion or assault, and stable supply lines were being secured and enforced by the Colonial Army. Ultimately, Hakkoi was preparing for the worst - invasion - and would be prepared for whatever Beatusian invasion forces would combat them with in the event of invasion...

+++++++++
MSS Hellbringer II
Vbingvanian Territorial Waters
East of Vbingvan
2310 hours – 2/16/12
+++++++++

( OOC: I was personally hoping that we could RP the stages of naval combat wherein we actually have to search for each other's ships, Vbingvan, but whatever. The exodus you RP'd as having happened should probably take a bit longer too. Also, is there a reason that you guard SHORAD sites with special forces? It seems awfully odd... )

As the fire from the Milogradian warships continued to bombard the eastern coast of Vbingvan, the Imperial Navy failed realize that a mass exodus had occurred in the night, yet bombardment would continue as planned. After merely one day of bombardment, hundreds of thousands of citizens and military personnel had already been reported as having been slaughtered, much to the joy of Admiral Yuut. Videos had recorded skyscrapers and large buldings collapsing in the city of Idrivlik; dust and hellfire consuming the thousands of citizens in the urban areas of the city. Such would be the least of the terror conjured by the Milogradian military by the end of the conflict, however. The Resource Initiative's subjugation of Vbingvanian cities would be, without a doubt, the truly brutal stage of the Milogradian onslaught.

The Vbingvanian navy had engaged the northernmost flotilla of the Milogradian invasion fleet, and such ultimately deterred or disabled at least seven warships from proceeding much further. Milograd's MSS Rushan, the MSS Wamrak, the MSS Yutu, and the MSS Warbringer had taken heavy damages in the initial Vbingvanian naval assault, the latter two capsizing. Thirty minutes after the assault, Milogradian AWACs took note of the location of several warships, that of which were believed to be destroyers and cruisers.

Admiral Yuut was quickly informed of this by Captain Hyran of the MSS Wijra via telephone, "Our airborne early warning and control systems have picked up on the source of the Vbingvanian missile fire. They're approximately 400km outwards, northeast of the Hellbringer's position, Admiral. There may be more within that area, but our systems aren't able to go out much farther than they already have." said Hyran.

"I see. Our part of the fleet is currently occupied with bombardment, so your formation may handle those threats. I can order some further assistance over to your ship if need be." replied Yuut.

"Acknowledged. Much thanks."

"Of course." At that point, Yuut hung up the phone and returned to the Admiral's chambers on board the Hellbringer II. It had participated in the bombardment of the eastern Vbingvanian coast for over twenty four hours, and at this time Yuut concluded that it would now be possible to send in initial Resource Initiative forces. Several optimal landing points had been scoped out by the special forces that had been originally sent into Vbingvan, and with the enemy's SHORAD defenses softened by the bombardment a largescale helicopter landing by Resource Agents was then possible. Amphibious landings would inevitably occur, but until then it was deemed preferable that the Imperial Navy have ground forces already prepared within Vbingvan. The mass exodus, along with the bombardment, would mean that Vbingvanian defenses would likely be thinly spread.

Helicopters carrying the initial Resource Agent deployments took off from their respective carriers later that night, and proceeded to make their way towards the outskirts of Vbingvan's capital. Several hundred helicopters were deployed upon that night, twenty of which were FAH-2 'Vassago' Attack Helicopters, and 80 of which were MY4 Aerial Troop Transports.

Captain Hyran's warship, and the ten other ships in his formation, chose to address the Vbingvanian ships by crossing their T's at bow and firing a large amount of missiles. The warships themselves did not truly have a chance to enter main-gun range, yet they were instructed to act as if they would. Whilst it would normally be absurd to cross the T's of every enemy ship simultaenously, the numerical advantage that the Milogradian Imperial Navy held made it possible in this situation. An interception course had been plotted so that the northern warships would be in gun range when the enemy's T was crossed.

And so the campaign would continue; Day Two...
Last edited by Milograd on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Retired

Wellboneland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wellboneland » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:43 pm

From the desk of Kain Tyrant

Sir, I see that you need help against interventionist hordes.
We will help you, once, and leave you in peace when we emerge victorious.

-Premier Kain Tyrant
Everyone has a plan til' they get punched in the mouth -Mike Tyson
my political compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
I know hat what I said I probably wrote poorly... but my past actions probably make more sense.

epic fail

Bro pride worldwide!
NS's resident Baltic Neo-Pagan.
I liked anime before it became mainstream. I'm serious, I did.
I am a epic ninja. Haters suck.

Scandavian States
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Scandavian States » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:21 pm

Empress Miyuki read the missive from the Supreme Warlord of Milograd with a troubled look upon her face. The problem she had was that the answer was both incredibly simple and extraordinarily complex. Yet, the debt of honor Haven, and by extension the Empire, owed Gholgoth and its member nations mandated only one response.

Dear Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill,

We are indeed privy to the troubles your nation is subject to of late. Indeed, given Our own lapse in judgement, We am saddened to report that an overeager and well-meaning individual to whom was delegated the task of dealing with the Security Council votes that might interest the Empire voted in the affirmative for the Condemnation. Please understand that this does not reflect Our personal feelings on the matter of your great nation nor does this represent an official statement of policy on Our behalf; it was merely the perhaps inevitable result of delegating usually unimportant tasks to those who could do the least harm and in this respect the error was entirely Ours. Combined with the overwhelming assistance your fair region has provided Haven in opposing Security Council assault against Us, We are left in somewhat of a quandary. Our conventional forces are not mobilized to any great extent and as such not presently able to provide direct support pursuant to your established objective and while the Imperial Special Forces could rapidly arrive and ably support your armed forces in whatever measure they might need, We fear the effort given would not match that which Honor demands of us. Therefor it is Our decision that such Special Weapons as would be needful to aid your cause shall be made available to your military immediately. Furthermore, such support equipment and technicians as might be required to mate Our Special Weapons with your delivery devices shall similarly be made available without reservation. Attached to this letter will be summaries and reports that Our generals assure Us will aid you in any ascertainment of your requirements.

Yours Sincerely,
Miyuki I

Attached: Special Weapons
Last edited by Scandavian States on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Catherines and Leiszwiesen
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Catherines and Leiszwiesen » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:37 pm

I received permission from Milograd do begin this storyline through a telegram with him. If anyone has any questions, feel free to send me a telegram and I'll answer them.

Port Hope, Saint Catherines & Leiszwiesen
Friday, 3rd February, 2012

The warm, gentle breeze blowing in off the ocean was the very epitome of a Heavenly sea breeze. Lucien marveled at the breathtaking beauty laid out before him this fine evening, snapping photographs of the swirling colors cresting over the horizon. Brilliant oranges and purples were darting amongst fuscia skies, giving the late evening an otherworldly aura. A sunset over the waters surrounding Port Hope was among the most beautiful things one could ever hope to see. It held a special significance to him personally, if only because he liked sunsets. But there was more to the last gleaming light of twilight than most would recognize. It was the perfect time of day, when the true spirit of the world came into focus. The light yielding to the darkness, living in riches and splendor in at the very last. Bathing in the colors of Heaven's canvas while feeling the soft caress of the fresh sea breeze on your face was as close to paradise as most people would ever get.

In a world with so much brutality and hatred, it paid enormous dividends to enjoy the simpler things of life. The mountain vistas of Kanpo, with their high mountain lakes and the alpine villages that looked so beautiful in the snow... The Deserts of Valgaron, where the saguaro cactus cast the long shadows over the yellow and pink daisies that bloomed in their midst. Every scenic view, in the hustle and bustle of city-life or as far from humanity as possible held a world of immense promise. Lucien never passed up the opportunity to enjoy beauty when he had the chance. The vile trappings of man could easily spoil the gorgeousness of a first-rate sunset elsewhere, so he took comfort in small pleasures when he could find them.

Lucien's lenses had captured horrors so unimaginable, one could go crazy just thinking about the existence of such macabre levels of human depravity. The pictures ate away at him like a cancer from which there was no escape, gnawing at his very soul in an attempt to destroy his own fragile remnants of humanity. Life in Saint Catherines and Leiszwiesen for years had been an unmitigated disaster under the Wiesen Reich, and he'd grown accustomed to the stench of death and decay during his own time in bondage. The ability to anticipate brutality in the field gave him a tactical edge over the other photojournalists that traveled with him. Even then, Lucien often found himself wiping away tears after snapping a few photos. Pictures of children, maimed and brutalized by a war they had no part of tore him up the most. Women, hiding for fear of being kidnapped and raped. Horrendous burns on people that were doing all that they could to eek out a living while the rich and powerful waged war as if they were expendable pawns. War was treated like a glorified chess match by the movers and shakers, but it was an unrelenting Hell for those caught in its horrendous grip.

It had been two years since his native homeland had been freed from the brutal oppression of a conquering nation, and yet he still found himself thinking like a slave. The physical remnants of the Wiesen occupation were slowly starting to disappear, as foreign investment dollars began to turn the country into something more than a tyrant's plaything. Nevertheless, Lucien had been driven by some unseen force to the mission field through charitable relief organizations, doing volunteer work all around the world whenever the oppressed were on the verge of annihilation. He'd served with the Allied Charity Syndicate for almost fourteen months, taking pictures for them to use in their publications asking people for help. The capitalist yarn notwithstanding, his ability to stomach the atrocities that man had wielded against fellow man had made him a valuable commodity in the organization. But now, there was a different motive to achieve; one that didn't entail profit.

"Lucien Auzric, as I live and breathe," a voice called out behind him. Lucien cocked his head to the side, wrapping his arm around the back of the wrought-iron bench on which he sat. There, coming from a grove of palm trees by the water fountain was Carmen DiScona, the public liaison to the Prime Minister herself. Her slender frame was neatly covered by her hip-hugging skirt and the white, button up blouse that was unbuttoned two notches from the top. Her hair was propped up in a tight ponytail, and the early evening light cast a radiant light about her. Lucien had held strong feelings for her ever since they served their time together at the Azenveld Internment Camp during the last months of the Wiesen Occupation. If anyone could understand his calling, it would be her.

"I've been told that I was the only person you'd get off work early to meet," Lucien smiled enthusiastically. He motioned for Carmen to have a seat beside him on the park bench overlooking the ocean, but she refused: "Lucien, I'm glad to see you; really, I am. But I only have a few moments before I have to get back to the office."

Lucien's eyes trailed off sadly for a moment. He began to steel himself for the task at hand, and reminded himself what was at stake if she turned him down: "Aye, well, I definitely don't want to take up too much of your time. I just needed to ask a favor of you."

Carmen's eyes narrowed. "What kind of favor?"

"The... the kind that needs to be done 'hush-hush' like."

"You know that I can't do that, Lucien!" Carmen protested vehemently out of frustration, working herself up into a lather. "I'm not to abuse my position of authority to get you a Government-sponsored visa anywhere. Not Greshan, not Tyca, and especially not Kenpana!"

Lucien shook his head, smiling: "I had a more distant destination in mind for my next outing, Miss DiScona. I've always enjoyed capturing new places with the camera I hold in the palm of my hand."

"A more distant destination? Where are you wanting to get to?"

"Gholgoth, or thereabouts."

Carmen's eyes lit up like embers, widening with disbelief. "You're insane, Lucien! Not even your damned charity organization will sail that far away; the nations of Gholgoth would destroy every vessel in sight, and use the remnants for kindling in their fires! Even if I wanted to help you—which I don't—there's no way I could muster the juice to get you into Gholgoth on a visa."

"You could do it if you tried, Carmen!"

"Lucien, no! I can't, it's too—"

"Carmen, please!" Lucien pleaded, rising up from the bench. "There are people suffering because good nations went off to war against another sovereign people. All of the good in humanity rests on a good man's ability to recognize, repent from, and turn away from evil. If we don't bring the story out, then the people died for nothing! There would be no rhyme or reason to it, Carmen..."

"Please, Carmen, help me get to Gholgoth. This story needs to be told."

Carmen looked out over the water, shaking her head. After holding for a second, she exhaled sharply. "You know something, for as bad as we had it growing up, I never could quite come to grips with death, Lucien. Even today, someone getting hurt or sick fazes me horribly. And I couldn't imagine what I'd feel if something happened to my friend, whom I care deeply about..."

"Carmen, please!"

DiScona held the beat for a minute longer, then turned back to Lucien, nodding. "I can't make any promises, but I'll see what I can do. Just... make sure to take care of yourself out there, okay? Come back to us in one piece."

Lucien began to thank his friend for her assistance, but she quickly turned to walk away, rather than risk crying in front of him. Lucien stared after her, feeling his heart skip a little bit at the prospect of having hurt his secret flame. Carmen was in every respect absolutely right about Gholgoth, and how dangerous it would be. Saint Catherines and Leiszwiesen had managed to avoid provoking the nations of Gholgoth over the past two years, and there was no real incentive for Maria Saenz or her government to buck that trend now. His chances of getting to Milograd were very slim indeed... but it was no longer a job to him. It was an odyssey; a quest to bring the truth to a world that had been deprived of it for so bloody long.

A man could not call himself a man if he weren't ready to lay down his life for the pursuit of the truth. Lucien stared out over the water, relishing the last glimmers of light on the horizon before darkness swept away the last notes of peace from the face of the deep.
The Commonwealth of Saint Catherines & Leiszwiesen
The Island Home of the Leiszen People.

Population: 5,000,000 || Government: Commonwealth Democracy || Prime Minister: Maria Saenz || Currency: The Leiszmark (£)

"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

The United Soviet Socialist Republic
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Soviet Socialist Republic » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:55 am

(OOC:im sorry if this post is short but im not much of a naval RPer)

TIME:10:00 PM
(Admiral speaking) Men we have been sailing for about a week and we should reach milograd in about 1 or 2 more weeks however we have reached a milestone by finaly entering the gholgoth waters,anyway we have been alerted of possible milogradian ships in the area so be on the look out.anyway remember our plans,sail through the south ghoulgothic ocean to the gulf of Alco,land on the coast near Coven,take Coven,push north and take rozykill,push west and take the capital city Argyz,take Likarhi city,move north towards Turak,then dig in a defensive line to protect our holdings,and remember reinforcments will arrive every 1 to 2 weeks.
Last edited by The United Soviet Socialist Republic on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gay and Proudand also a brony
Political Compass:Left: 7.76, Authoritarian: 5.6
I am: Fascist/Corporatist on economy,
Conservative on social issues(Support same sex marriage),
Anti secularist on religion,
Anti-Republican on government,
Interventionist/Imperialist on international issues

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents