NATION

PASSWORD

Reclamation [FT. Semi-Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arenumberg
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arenumberg » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:43 am

OOC: Not too happy with the rushed ending.. so retcon for now - Intending to work on something better. Although the "ending" may be spoiled somewhat, it is afterall the journey that makes a story.
Last edited by Arenumberg on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Arenumberg
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arenumberg » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:06 pm

-=Kassaryst, Ost-il-Nachorost, The Ranelethwe System.

The Convocation's meeting with the Pantheon had occured several weeks ago, with several weeks of consideration and planning followed. The Celestials, as they were know colloquially becoming known, had offered Vasadori - Heaven, at wanting for a better description. The story itself had not yet broken to the public, although the government knew it was only a matter of time before the total vindication of a species entire history and purpose of being would wash over the many islands in the void that called themselves Areia.

It was for this impending reason and others, that Arinon and members of the leadership had convened at the Tethallion Estate, the primary imperial residence on Ost-il-Nachorost, located in central Kassaryst. It was itself an anomaly, a traditional style of elven architecture amongst the towering glass and exotic metals that comprised the beating heart that comprised the main business thoroughfares of the city.

It was in the main hall of the building that they convened, the hall itself was of spartan furnish, aside from the immaculately crafted set of chairs and their accompanying table that dominated the centre. It was not without its character, however, as nearly every last centimetre of the domed roof sported beautiful and intriguing artwork depicting events of an ancient past always remembered.

It was only five individuals that found themselves seated at the table, although they themselves only occupied a small portion of it. Arinon, of course, was present. Joining him was the Empress - Aleia, aswell as her first child, her son Tesvion. Grand Admiral Corvaril and Councillor Ythera were the other individuals who had been invited.

".. then that leaves defence concerns amongst others as our last point of discussion, no?" Corvaril questioned the group.

"A mind always focused on matters of comrades and arms, although with good reason I gather, yes, let us move forward." Arinon responded, inclining his head at the Empress.

"The Pantheon, aside from the repository of knowledge they have offered for those we cannot take, such as those Anikari who consider themselves kin and those who presumably do not wish to, I beleive the Nuruhuinë project could be easily modified and sped up with assistance, if the Pantheon would consider such an action?" Aleia asked, turning to Arinon.

"It is certainly something we would be willing to do, it is not our place to leave those who remain unable to defend themselves and their Legacy. Consider it another gift to them." Arinon responded, smiling.

"Excellent, with the Nuruhuinë project.. beyond expectations, it leaves us with the final matters we have not covered, primarily, for the moment, who remains behind in stewardship?" Aleia asked, the final words hanging in the air for a moment.

"Mother, I have spoken with Councillor Ythera, we would both be honoured to remain behind to ensure the light of Areia does not fade until your return." Tesvion said, ending the uncomfortable silence.

"I expected as much of Sanistra, but what of you, what of your future?" Aleia asked, a motherly tinge of apprehension in her voice.

"With my brothers arrival, does the line not continue in both of our homelands?" Tesvion responded.

"True.. Although I am not exactly pleased, your will is your own - and I can think of no-one better to assist you." Said Aleia, nodding respectfully at Sanistra as she finished.

"Thank you, My Lady. I beleive we have one last concern. Our Neighbours, in particular, the Anikari.. If we assume that the majority of our people will embrace Vasadori, there is likely to be, apprehension, I'd go as far as to say unrest, if not interference." Ythera informed the group.

The group nodded in agreement at the statement, the mass movement of people would not be particularly liked amongst foreign nations and entities with a vested interest in the region.

"There is a distasteful, if not effective way to solve the problem." Arinon said suddenly.

Corvaril turned to him somewhat alarmed. "Surely you do not suggest conflict?"

Arinon shook his head, before responding. "No, although if it were to come to that, I would expect the children of Areia to be more than capable of it, I suggest cutting off relations with all neighbours and expelling foreigners from the state, preferably before breaking the story."

"They would not like that, it may cause war in and of itself." Ythera said solemnly.

Silence followed, it would not be an easy decision by any measure.

"It seems to be the best decision, they would not understand, at worst it buys us time..." Corvaril said, breaking the silence.

"Then do it." Aleia commanded.

------------------

It did not take long for the military to go into overdrive in terms of border patrols. The Diplomatic Corps soon followed, missives had to be sent. The Domestic Police also had a role to play, every tourist of any description, every foreign exchange student, anyone not here permanently had to be found and informed of the deadline. It was of course, prudent, that the Red Helm began an operation to expatriate all foreign agents, regardless of their status at the end of said expatration.

A simple but demanding missive went out to Ambassadors and foreign states who knew of Areia, aswell as to any corporation and individual who had publically available contact details. It was, of course, without exception that any Areian who was outside of the state would receive the same message.

Code: Select all
"BY ORDER AND COMMAND OF THE EMPRESS,
All Civilians not of Areian Citizenship, including all industrial or freelance merchant vessels are required to finish their business and immeadiately depart The Illuminated Union of Areia within the next seven days. All Embassies are required to be evacuated within the next ten days, and all foreign assets, benign or otherwise, are required to be transferred out of the sovereignity of the nation within fourteen days.

The Illuminated Union is implementing strict border controls after this time, any individual who does not meet the deadline will be ejected without appeal or compensation. As of Fifteen Days from receipt of this missive, Areia will cease all diplomatic contact with its neighbouring states without exception. All Areian Citizens are required to return before this time.

Thank you for your assistance, any inquiries may be directed towards diplomatic staff located at the Areian Embassy located at the ESUS Senate, which will remain the only office outside of Areia to remain in operation.

The Areian Foreign Ministry,
Kysia ail sil baerni paerith.
Last edited by Arenumberg on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Arizona Nova
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Arizona Nova » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:21 pm

-=Erizanalon, Marratzanis

The sun shown on the spires of Erizanalon, the Palace of the King, on Marratzanis. Most other days, the old King would just be rising, but today, he had been roused from sleep early. That would have been enough to irritate the venerable leader, to say nothing of the news that followed the interruption.

"They what?" he barked in exasperation. "Does the Treaty of Varanar mean nothing to them? What is this insanity?"

"All the same, it has already begun, my liege," replied Baldur gravely.

"Activate the Third, Sixth, and Twelth," he growled. "Order them to the Eastern Border and to hold there."

"That's a full activation of our offensively keyed assets," said Baldur gravely. "Are you sure this is wise?"

"It is they who approached us to formally hammer out a treaty out of distrust, and now they wall out their entire nation from the universe? Expel civilian commerce? They have descended into paranoid madness, maybe even regained contact with the Imperiatus and made a deal with the devil. We must not be caught off-guard this time."
{Facts}{The Ambiguous Metareality of Arizona Nova | Proud ESUS Member since 2004 | Fight Serious Business}
{Clever}{Suppress Firefox | Rule of Cool | Good Flag, Bad Flag}
{RPs @Open}{SYSTEM FAILURE}
{Recommended Services}{SYSTEM FAILURE}
{Provided Services}{SYSTEM FAILURE}

Derscon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:06 pm

Dersconi Embassy, Areia

"This is rather irritating." The Dersconi Amabassador sighed, setting the memo on the desk. "Oh well. Instruct all Dersconi businessmen to close up shop, and we'll help them get out. Work with them to strip their businesses down and sell their properties on the market. Once that's done, inform all the Areian banks giving loans to Dersconi firms that said loans are void and will not be repaid. In the meantime, start stripping this embassy down. I want nothing left in here. Then sell the place." The Station chief cocked his head.

"Are you sure? They might be back to normal eventually, and they might eventually require our assistance as a fellow ESUS nation." The Ambassador shook his head.

"No. This is standard procedure, and we're following the book. Remove the traces of Dersconi presence. We're obviously not wanted, so I don't see any reason to hang around. Start stripping and selling, Abramov. We're getting the hell out of here."
Last edited by Derscon on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Fiduses and Diuses
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Fiduses and Diuses » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:19 pm

Federation Council Meeting

".. With that out of the way I do believe the next order of business is the Areian situation. I believe councilor Sarena's clan is the one to instigate contact and as such has the most relevant information."
"Indeed Councilor Azale."
Sarena quickly typed in a few command codes and a holographic map of the known galaxy lit up, it quickly zoomed into the system White Rabbit had been observing a few months previously.
"These worlds were barren of all life only a galactic year ago, yet these Areians brought life... Turing the land until it flowed with the waters of life and it began to flourish, the Yuzo and the Tyso reappeared and began to thrive... The White Rabbit silently observed this transformation for a few weeks before making initial contact... The exchanges was short and polite and we promised further contacts and words. Unfortunately the WR suffered an accident while traveling, destroying the majority of the untransmitted data and storage pods, many of the crew were irradiated dieing soon after, the vessel meanwhile managed to reach our space only a few days ago using subroutines long thought redundant and unimportant. We have managed to extract a few pieces of information undamaged by the radiation from the terminals and crew... We are sure as to what caused this damage but we suggest recalling any biological agents within the Areian space for the moment along with beefing up patrols in the closest and most likely to be effected sectors..."

"Thank you Councilor Sarena, if no one else has any further information I believe it is safe to call for a vote on the manner." "All in favor... All opposed. Alright with 9 for and two opposed with one not voting the motion passes all biological agents shall be recalled and patrols shall be increased..."
"Councilor Azale, may we suggest also further increasing all mechanical, cybernetic and other non biological surveillance on the Areian, Sarena's clan was able to only watch a single system for only the initial period, these sentients may prove to be more hostile than original thought."
"Councilor Sarena do you oppose this amendment to the motion?"
"I think increasing our own patrols should be enough but I see no real harm from further surveillance."
"Alright, amendment is added. Does anyone object? I believe the next order of business is..."

Arenumberg
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arenumberg » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:05 pm

-=Kassaryst, Ost-il-Nachorost, The Ranelethwe System.

Although the illustrious grouping of individuals had largely dispersed to attend to matters of concern, Tesvion, Ythera and Corvaril had remained on the estate. Corvaril had, shortly after the resolution of the past meeting, made known his intention to remain behind - much to the surprise, but acceptance of Aleia and Arinon, and great happiness of his now fellow stewards.

"If statisticians are anything to go by, we expect at least 70% of the ethnically elven populace to undertake the journey, although some have said it could be between 80-90%. Excluding the Anikari of the state, the majority of those left behind will be located in the former coreworlds, of course, aswell as enough of the Red Helm to keep that madness continuing for decades." Sanistra informed the others, placing a data slate down on the table with a clack of metal meeting wood.

"I expected as much, what of the diplomatic fallout so far?" Corvaril asked in response.

"Most have reacted beningly, if not at all pleased. As anticipated, the Anikari have placed offensive assets on standby, though we have not returned the action. It is of course, your area of concern, Admiral." Sanistra answered.

"Admiral, would it not be wise to pool all our fleets together in Ranelethwe, we will soon be undermanned - indeed, once it begins, until the first set of Nuruhuinë's are completed, we will be woefully unable to defend ourselves in a protracted conflict." Tesvion interjected, before Corvaril could move forward.

"That plan has merit, it will too confuse the Anikari, placing our fleets on the wrong border will send enough of a message to releive that pressure, I would hope. I shall see to it at once. Either way, with the deadline looking to being met, I suggest we disperse and put everything into place." Corvaril finished.

The group nodded politely to each other, and did just that.

Arizona Nova
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arizona Nova » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:25 pm

Kemelzar withdrew into the private chamber adjoining the bedroom. The room was multipurpose, containing a terminal and a private communications link. Powering up the terminal, he brought up the Areian declaration, and scrolled to the last line.

"Kysia ail sil baerni paerith," he murmured to himself. He scrutinized the text, but could not make heads or tails of it, and he was fluent in at least three elven dialects. Whatever it was, it was completely foreign to him.

Turning to the keypad for the link, he keyed in the sequence for Minister Greyson, the head of Black Operations. Within a moment, it picked up.

"Greetings, my Lord Kemelzar," returned the voice. "What troubles you at this hour?"

"You've seen the Areian declaration?" asked Kemelzar.

"Why yes sir; we dispatched the messenger who informed you ourselves. It'd be remiss of me not to have."

"Quite. What do you think of that last line?"

"Well it's quite the puzzle," said Greyson. "Elven obviously, but no dialect I'm personally acquainted with. However, one of our digisapes has a lead. He began running queries in archives, and stumbled across an anthropological paper on old Arenumberg, from the early Second Age. One section dealt with the linguistic history of their species, and it mentions a clerical dialect that had, by then, fallen into disuse. We've been trying to find cross-references in other literature but haven't had much success so far."

"Keep working on it," said Kemelzar. "What other intel do you have on them?"

Greyson sighed. "Not much, I'm afraid. We've been losing contacts within Areian space for the past few weeks, and then today, before the declaration was made, our Areian peers made a huge series of raids, apprehending all but a few of our agents. Whoever is left is probably having to lay low anyway, so I doubt we'll hear from them immediately. I can tell you this: interest in Kitorsa, their old and largely extinct polytheistic religion, has been growing considerably."

"What does that have to do with icing relations with every nation in the known universe?"

"I don't know, and normally we'd think nothing of it here," said Greyson. "But in a case like this, any anomaly is worth noting."
{Facts}{The Ambiguous Metareality of Arizona Nova | Proud ESUS Member since 2004 | Fight Serious Business}
{Clever}{Suppress Firefox | Rule of Cool | Good Flag, Bad Flag}
{RPs @Open}{SYSTEM FAILURE}
{Recommended Services}{SYSTEM FAILURE}
{Provided Services}{SYSTEM FAILURE}

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:59 pm

TAG
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Arenumberg
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arenumberg » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm

As the time agonisingly passed and those in the know went through the motions. Each enjoyed the peace, such as it was, whilst it lasted. It was soon gone with the general semblance of order, once the Media broke the story. Fortunately, or not, It had been surpressed long enough for the veil to drop across the border, which was all that mattered now.

-=A.U.V. Nuruhuinë, Ranelethwe

The Nuruhuinë, although slightly changed from what was first envisaged due to the technical problems of integrating Celestial technology and knowhow, was nevertheless one of the most massive and graceful creations to be made of Areian workmanship. It was no doubt, a fitting legacy until the time came to return. Doubly-so a telling reminder for all those who chose to remain.

The Central Command Station was, by design, deep inside the vessel itself, although it hosted secondary fire-control stations and observational decks, they were merely distractions or of use for their particular purpose. It was Corvaril and Tesvion who would be running affairs from here for the foreseeable future - Sanistra would no doubt overlook civilian affairs - principly the immediate concerns of Ariona - from Kassaryst.

"Is that what I think it is?" Questioned Corvaril, pointing at a container that crewman were maneuvaring into place near the central computer terminals in the middle of the command station.

Tesvion rounded from a console to look at the object inquisitively before answering. "Most likely, If you were thinking its one of the Pantheon's database cores. They sent us a few, one for the first Nuruhuinë - just in case - they say, with a few for the general networks. If current circumstances werent what they are, it would revolutionise the current technological landscape of the region."

Corvaril raised an eyebrow and turned to face Tesvion. "Quite, Am I correct in beleiving your family have .. left, by now?"

Tesvion, who had resumed to tapping buttons rounded once more, he sighed audibly as he considered his response. "Yes, I was contacted by mother, we spoke. Oh and No, Admiral, you do not have to address me as "Your Highness", thats an order."

Corvaril chuckled. "Aye aye, Sir."

Tesvion stared blankly then returned the chuckle, attracting a few curious glances from crew around the area. "How long until were space-worthy?" Tesvion asked.

"We are at 100% operational capability now, just a case of settling components as it were - our "Pantheon" inspired AI should come online once the core is booted. The rest of the production run should start coming online within the next month or two, according to projections. It might take longer, depending on manual labour for the finer points, as I'm sure you understand." Corvaril answered, noting a beep emanating from a console and turning off to attend to it. Tesvion nodded, before rising and following him.

Corvaril tapped the console. "Latheria, It is time, I assume?"

"Yes, Admiral, the Royal Family and Entourage have departed and the Celestials have opened the portal to general travel." A feminine voice responded from the console.

"Thank you, keep me posted." Corvaril tapped the console, then hit another plethora of keys, bringing the holographic display infront into focus. It displayed on one half, a live visual of the Portal, with a representation of the system on the other side. Either one made what was now occuring quite obvious.

"So it ends." Said Corvaril quietly.

"No, Admiral, it is afterall, just the beginning." Tesvion corrected.

Both let their gaze focus on the live feed, both remained quiet as they watched the constant stream of vessels, small and large, pour into the beyond. There would be no hiding power signatures like this.
Last edited by Arenumberg on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arenumberg
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arenumberg » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:34 am

It had been a silent passage of time since the event had taken place. Areia's borders remained closed, though that did not prevent a few foolhardy few from trying to breach them nonetheless. The Stewards of a culture in decline were not without compassion, nonetheless, each transgression was met only by the monolithic presence of a Nuruhuinë convincing the intruder it was in their best interests to turn around.

There was life to be found of course, though it was more of a standard of enclaves for what had been the indigenous majority. Areian's were scattered amongst the former coreworlds, a few thousand here, a few thousand there. It was a matter of course, thankfully, that the otherwise silent cities were kept maintained by their proto-sentient mechanized caretakers, whilst magnificient sentient A.I., a legacy of the gods - such as they were - oversaw and cared for what else remained.

There was not only sadness and decline to be found, however. The world of Ariona, more precisely - the moon, the primary centre of Anikari Civilization within the Illuminated Union since the end of the Sornei Era continued to flourish. It was now protected by its own nascent fleet of newly constructed vessels - watched over by the Nuruhuinë's of Areia, and fed with the resources of an Empire no longer functioning.

Of course, the Anikari were by now not just the Anikari they had been of times past. They were in all but name their own civilization, shaped by past events and then moulded further by being cut loose from yet another home, they were something new and wondrous. Even as they became the new majority population amongst a nation forgotten, as they spread to worlds whose voices ahd been silent and brought back laughter and life to the former heart of a vibrant empire, they were embraced.

Those left behind knew they had a new purpose in life. They had not simply remained behind to safegaurd the entryway, to maintain a declining legacy. They had been chosen by their own celestial beings to continue their work. That was why they had given them this technology, that was why they had helped them build these ships, that was why they had tested them and taken those who were not ready back home.

Across the Former Union, plans were made, decisions taken. The Areian people would not forsake the new civilization that had grown up in their self-declared ashes. It would be protected, guided, mentored. It was, however, only one - and they had many ships to send.

And so it would be.

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:14 am

Virus Class Pathogen
It had left two dead worlds in its wake, both worlds which bore the flag of the nation which had built this ship. Rethan as a unified state was no more, torn asunder by the raw firepower of the Pathogen. And now it scoured the galaxy seeking out a foe which could destroy it. Tie up the loose ends as it were, of a plan that had been generations in the making. The Pathogen was a huge vessel, fully 31 kilometres in length, designed originally to transport entire legions for years on end and support them. A mobile home for the Rethast armies. And now the ship had, under the somewhat unstable guidance of Thrax, become something infinitely more terrifying, using technology that entire civilisations had died to keep secret to augment its already vast power.

It was not long after the destruction of the homeworld that the Pathogen happened across the vast power signatures of the Areian ships. Slowly and with rapidly gathering speed the warship moved towards the anomalies, the sensor drone net drawing a clearer and clearer picture as it closed in on the target destination. Had they finally found something which could match them in combat? The crew could only hope. Failing to die for the Reik's cause would mean a fate a thousand times worse than death.

As the vast power signs of the ship trebled, the mass shadow decreased massively. The Inertialess field allowed the ship to move at speeds approaching the speed of light with little to no difficulty, at the same time making the ship appear no larger than a small cruiser on scanners. Combined with the stolen stealth technology, for all intents and purposes, the Pathogen would appear as nothing more than a trade ship.

Perfect.

Then, out of the quiteness came a repeating signal, looping over and over until someone detected it. It was androgynous, mechanical. The voice sounded as though it was made from the hissing of steam from pipes, devoid of emotion and worryingly inhuman. There would be no mistaking the intentions of this ship.

We are the Pathogen. Your existence is denied. Surrender yourselves.

We are the Pathogen. Your existence is denied. Surrender yourselves.

We are the Pathogen. Your existence is denied. Surrender yourselves

We are the Pathogen. .....
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

Arenumberg
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arenumberg » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:51 am

-=A.U.V. Isilfana, Deep Space, Several Lightyears from border breach.

The intricate network of probes, sattelites, comm buoys and everything inbetween that made up a demarcated border in space were speedy in their alloted task of warnings concerning border breaches, as past years had required. Although this was perhaps, no longer their border - it was their task to maintain it. Little was to change in that regard.

The Isilfana had been dispatched from its normal holding position near the system of Arethwyen to investigate. The message repeating in such a fashion from what appeared to be nothing more than yet another wayward trader was perplexing enough, it needed not wait any longer.

In a glorious blaze of fire in the night, the Isilfana was gone.

-=Deep Space, Location of suspected border breach.

The visual confirmation was not was expected, a monstrous unknown form, dwarfing even that of the Isilfana lay here. Idle, aside from its looping, unnverving message.

The Command Centre of the Isilfana, buried deep inside its own form, was surprisingly well lit. It did not offset a general pervading feel of gloom, however. Nevertheless, the few smartly dressed crew weaved between consoles and displays, seeing to their assigned tasks. The Centre of the room held the main display, where a decidedly animated form, presumably of the shipboard A.I., delivered her rundown to the Captain, whose own typically elven appearance was not at odds with her own.

"Steward, it appears the vessel was intentionally masking its own signature - whilst normally we would expect to see past conventional stealthing systems, it has been combined with the use of other technology in order to considerably alter readings one would obtain otherwise." She finished, dissolving her holographic form away from the display.

The Captain, Thanil Caeurdin, or Steward as he was otherwise addressed - turned his attention to the readings from the unknown craft. He had already ordered his ship to power up its defensive systems, it was patently obvious this vessel would most likely not leave without trying its luck, such as it was.

"Isilfana, send a standard message, your own call on this one. I doubt there is little you could do to provoke a response that isnt already pre-planned nonetheless." Thanil said, further scrutinising the unknown vessel.

"Yes, Steward." Responded the disembodied voice, presumably, of the ship.

Unknown Vessel, You have breached the clearly closed borders of the Illuminated Union of Areia, we kindly request that you state your intentions, aswell as preparing your drive systems for an immeadiate course change out of Areian Space.

Thank you for your assistance.
Last edited by Arenumberg on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:22 am

Unknown Vessel, You have breached the clearly closed borders of the Illuminated Union of Areia, we kindly request that you state your intentions, aswell as preparing your drive systems for an immeadiate course change out of Areian Space.

Thank you for your assistance.

Directed Stream to: Areian Vessel
Request acknowledged and ignored. The Illuminated Union of Areia will submit or be destroyed.

We are the Rethast. Your species is now obsolete.

Virus Class Pathogen - Command Centre
Nestled deep within the hulking form of the ship lay the command centre for the Virus Class. Left in the hands of one of Thrax's previous servants, a Vice-Admiral Xan Distryal, the crew of the Pathogen knew their tasks well. Although they identified themselves as Rethast, they bore no resemblance to the people of the Militocracy, their mutation artificially advanced and their bodies left perverted forms of horror. Bones and spines burst through the dead and dry flesh along their spines and their elbows, their fingers elongated to little more than talons, their mouths filled with rows of sharp teeth.

Monsters that paled in comparison to the failed mutations that lay harbored deep within the ship's cavernous gullet.

The crew worked in silence, unnaffected by the subzero temperatures aboard the vessel. The eery blue glow of computer stations was all that lit the command centre, while a massive screen provided all within with a 360 degree view of the area around them. Targeting crosshairs had already illuminated the source of the transmission and across the ship hundreds of weapons systems cycled into life. Missiles of many horrific varieties, railguns and more than one planet killing system all glowed to life as the form of the ship wavered and became ghost-like.

"Continue along our course, brothers. Make them fire the first shot."

There was no reply from the crew, but the vessel continued its movement, reaching ever closer to critical realistic mass, the point at which they would transition to zero mass and hence achieve the speed of light. And from there, exceed it. The ship had no intentions of stopping.

"The minute we detect weapons fire from them, I want Downcast broods loaded into Parasite craft and launched en masse. See if they can stop our animalistic brethren from ripping their ships apart from the inside. Have all Marines readied for potential counter boarding actions. We can withstand their weapons, but if they get on board I do not want them reaching critical areas."

"Yes, Vice-Admiral. All Marines are being brought out of stasis as we speak. Stormkorp units are beginning the Awakening procedures."

Throughout the halls of the ship, crew and soldier alike froze solid as the inhuman sounds of a hundred hundred biological terrors tore out of their hives, directed by the technological 'Hive Mind' which controlled them. Ignoring those who were still fearful of them, the Downcast clambered across wall, roof and floor on their way to the hangars, their forelimbs reduced to little more than slashing blades while unnaturally sharp claws extended from what had once been their stomachs. Lower jaws and grown larger and sharper, ripping the cheeks in half to provide room for the knife like protrusions.

As the semi-organic Parasite Craft sealed themselves, crammed full of horrific nightmarish creatures, a new nightmare loaded itself into specially designed missiles. The SPYDERs, biomechanical weapons of untamed and unaimed aggression. The Pathogen was preparing every weapon, conventional and otherwise, for combat.

All the while it continued to accelerate deeper into Areian space.

Arenumberg
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arenumberg » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:33 am

"Perhaps someone should tell them theres not much left of Areia to destroy?" Thanil posed, mostly to himself, as he continued to check over readings and the rather blunt message.

"Much as that is, Steward - There are still millions of planet-bound Areians, not to mention the Arionan Civilization, This vessel would not take long to destroy the Arionan Defence Forces in their entirety, not to mention scans indicate the world itself wouldnt fare any better." Responded Isilfana, the A.I.'s form once again coalesced into being on the main holodisplay.

"Indeed. We know our duty, ready all stations for battle. Intitiate the entanglement field, no-one is leaving, or hearing about it - unless we allow it." Thanil ordered, moving around the large holodisplay in order to view the tactical readouts that were now reforming around the display, which now showed an overview of local space.

"Steward, Entanglement field operational, no communications or FTL capabilities should operate aslong as the field remains active. The "Pathogen" is launching a number of small craft, getting mixed readings at this time, possible boarding parties. I have taken the appropriate action in regards to energizing the secondary hull and have begun launch procedures of the defensive drones. Fire Control awaits your orders to begin attack procedures." Isilfana informed Thanil, her voice once again becoming disembodied as her form fell into the ether of the display.

"Prepare to fire all main batteries, full broadside - Ancalima Solution. Fire Control, you have fire at will authority."

In the stillness of space outside, the Isilfana, a great behemoth in its own right, one of the glorious Nuruhuinë's that had been forged in the heyday of the Union was strangely still. Across the vastness of space, yet still close - the other partner of the dance, it dwarfed even the Nuruhuinë itself - yet if it had come to challenge the might of one, it was clearly not of intelligent design.

Specks of white flowed out of the Isilfana, her drone attachment - the numerous swarm of what were, for all intents and purposes, highly agile beam platforms, coming forth to defend against an opposing swarm being launched against them.

It was at this moment, the silent stillness before the great dance, that it seemed as if all the light in the universe had been pulled into the Isilfana - and then as quickly as it had happened, unleashed like the fury of the heavens themselves towards the "Pathogen".
Last edited by Arenumberg on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:25 am

"Inbound weapons fire! Shields up, prep a full missile and mass driver barrage!"

The immense power of the opponent's weapon hit the Pathogen full force. The bright blue of the primary shielding flared all across the ship for a brief moment before failing utterly. Secondary shielding layers were stressed and broke in small areas, causing scorch marks and holes to appear in the leviathan's hull. Fires broke out across the vast architecture of the ship's innards and self-repair drones and nanites fought to control and repair the damage.

But now it was the Pathogen's turn to strike.

All at once the immense vessel turned to charge down its rival. Scores of missiles bearing antimatter, nuclear and the dreaded Spyder warheads hurled themselves across space at unfathomable velocities, followed very closely by innumerable railgun slugs. The weight of fire was significantly lower than the ship was normally capable of, and if the enemy examined their firing pattern closely they would notice not all of the missing fire could be accounted for by damaged parts. The Pathogen was holding back.

"Prepare the Siege Cannons. Bring us into LOS and have them launch as soon as a target present itself."

The Parasite Craft began to fall victim to the drones erupting from the Isilfana, their meagre defensive systems only keeping a scant few alive. But it was enough. As the Pathogen released its own war drones in preparation for another boarding wave, albeit in smaller numbers to the Areian swarm, two Parasite Craft suddenly seemed to shatter and their cargo was revealed. The six-limbed Spyders were shot out of the craft at ungodly speeds, their small gravity drives strapped dangerously to their metallic hides quickly running out of power as they directed their charges towards the Isilfana, whereupon they would begin to eat their way through every part of the vessel and its crew. The brood was small in number, but as the first Parasite wave fell piece by piece, the Spyders found themselves reinforced as another Craft broke through, its cargo of Downcast Primes ready for slaughter and its numerous lasers and cutting tools readied to slice an opening in the hull of their target.
Last edited by Rethan on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arenumberg
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arenumberg » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:19 pm

"Steward, the Pathogen's Shielding systems have failed, though its superstructure damage is minimal and will require further.. persuasion to be more amenable. We do however have a problem." Isilfana said, once more materializing from nowhere in the centre of the display, presenting the figure made of nothing but light and data.

"Well, do go on." Thanil responded, turning to face the light-borne Isilfana.

"The enemy boarding.. craft, at want of a better description have breached our defences in several areas. The customary defences in place I assumed would deal with your average craft attempting to latch on are not suitable for what I am facing. I expect a number of breaches, although at this time they are located in non critical areas. This does not however mean they are unused." Isilfana said, as the lights in the control centre suddenly flickered and the room shook for a moment before systems compensated.

"Enemy fire, first was minor.. followed up by some other weaponry, very powerful. We have taken damage to our main connection superstructure.. some damage to redundant systems.. shielding and armour plates in other areas are holding, for now. I will attempt to compensate - however, if the enemy continues to fire in such a fashion at this particular area, I may be in danger of needing to decouple the forward section of the vessel." Isilfana said, idly relaying the facts of the matter as they were.

"Fire Control has Free Fire priority, I expect them to fire when they can - you can relay co-ordinates of the enemy guns you consider the most threatening - Now, What of the boarders?" Questioned Thanil, as the lights flickered slightly once more.

"Unknown type, certainly not anything tasteful. I could decompress certain areas of the vessel, though it would require time to evacuate certain areas. Time I may not have. Nevertheless, I will take adequate measures to protect sensitive areas regardless of inhabitants, we cannot afford to loose this vessel and its technology. Certainly not to these.. things." Isilfana answered, her form dissolving once more, indicating she had finished for now and had work to do.

"I am engaging cyber-warfare suites, I will be unavailable for query whilst I attempt to infiltrate the enemy vessel and cause as much damage as possible, Steward." Added Isilfana's disembodied voice.

"One of these days she will get me killed, I'm sure." Thanil said, mostly to himself.

The Isilfana deftly maneuvered itself in space, quite at odds for a ship its size, in an attempt to face the majority of batteries towards the Pathogen. The whole display was crowned with the occasional burst into space of air and flame, not only was Isilfana decompressing sections, she was doing so.. explosively.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:50 pm

OOC: My sincerest apologies for the atrocious wait. I'm in hell don't ya know?

The explosive decompression of sections of the vessel caught both the Primes and Spyders off guard. The Spyders, being rather simple-minded weapons didn't think to get out of the way, and were thrown out into space from the act. Assuming, of course, that they weren't blown to pieces. The Primes, however, were much more savvy, finding shelter and grabbing on to whatever they could to remain inside the enemy vessel. But they were too few and the first wave of boarders were brutally repelled after doing almost no damage to the Isilfana or it's inhabitants.

The drone horde unleashed from the Pathogen swarmed both the Isilfana and it's own drones, uncaring of their losses. Those who were damaged beyond repair threw themselves at the massive Areian vessel in kamikaze attacks, diverting only if an Areian drone threatened to impede their attack, whereupon their small foe would take the brunt of their bodily charge. Anti-matter shells and nuclear weaponry were thrown into space by the Drones, and friendly fire proved to be almost as destructive as the fire from their opponents, but the Rethast Drones didn't care. Nor did the Rethast controllers on board the Pathogen for that matter.

As the fire against the Pathogen began to take it's toll, parts of it structure broke off from the ship's main body. The numerous outreaching...arms would perhaps be the best word, began to break off, massively lessening the fire from the huge warship. As parts broke off, space filled with hundreds of fighters, shuttles, parasite craft, exosuits....anything the crew in the doomed parts could find to survive in space and continue the fight. Unarmed shuttles hurled themselves without mercy at the Isilfana, either destined to explode against its hull or break through and unleash the myriad of armed Marines, and assorted crew that were on board. Parasite Craft charged, Fighters and Bombers attacked in a disorganised display of suicidal warfare. Perhaps the whole ordeal was not the best example of Rethast combat, certainly not of the Pathogen. But victory was only a secondary objective here.

Perhaps the oddest thing would be what actually happened to the disconnected parts. From the smallest piece of shrapnel to the largest blown off sector, each and every one dissolved as the same systems which acted as a self-repair tore each structure apart on the molecular level, leaving unidentifiable dust as the only remains.

"Damage critical. Firepower levels down to 51%. Losing hull integrity on the forward sectors. Main body still holding at 89% integrity. Tertiary shielding holding. Siege Cannons ready."

As the missile bays and railguns which had thus far remained inactive kicked in to cover for the rapidly dropping firepower of the warship, from the middle of the mess of superstructure, right at the core of the warship, two long barrels seemed to unfold from the inner workings of the ship. There was a massive power surge as the huge Mass Drivers charged themselves before unleashing the messy and unguided shells within. Designed for scorching entire continents from a planet, each shell carried a rather sizeable amount of antimatter within. They would be easy to avoid, but it was more for show at this point. The Pathogen, as with all Rethast Leviathans, had a much more deadly weapon at its disposal.

"Prep a Ravager launch. Full payload."

"Sir, safety precautions with a Ravager launcher require no more than one missile per launch. Exceeding that limit requires lowering of shielding areas around the launch sites."

There was a gunshot and the Rethast who had spoken up slumped to the floor, yet there was no blood, simply dust and ash pouring from his body. A curious quirk of these particular Rethast. The captain spoke again.

"Prep a Ravager launch. Full payload."

"Aye sir. Thirty seconds to launch readiness."

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents