NATION

PASSWORD

Star War Galaxy [General OOC Thread]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Huntaer
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 18, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Huntaer » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:18 am

Orthodox Gnosticism wrote:We could just make a hobo SWG Halloween thread, and make it almost as cheesy as the Star Wars Christmas Special. :D

Sorry, but nothing beats that level of Cheese, not even Jar jar. In fact, it's so bad even Lucas doesn't try to touch it to "improve it" :D.
Last edited by Huntaer on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear."

SWG OOC Factbook. Under Construction!

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:10 am

WE DO NOT SPEAK ITS NAME!
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Asfaltum
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Asfaltum » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:23 am

Which one of them?

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:24 am

Asfaltum wrote:Which one of them?

True, I see a lot of names and things in the last 4 posts that could easily be forgotten.
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

Huntaer
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby Huntaer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:47 am

Orthodox Gnosticism wrote:
Asfaltum wrote:Which one of them?

True, I see a lot of names and things in the last 4 posts that could easily be forgotten.

What were we talking about? I forgot a ready... *cough*

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Dornalia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:44 am

Nope, haven't heard anything here, and nothing worth confirming or denying.
"New Dornalia, a living example of anomalous civilizations."-- Phoenix Conclave
"Your nation has always been ridiculous. But it's endearing."--Skaugra
"It's a magical place where chinese cowboys ply the star lanes to extract vast wealth from trade, where NORINCO isn't just an arms company, but an evil bond villain type conglomerate that hides in other nations. Where the apocalypse happened, and everyone went "huh, that's neat" and then got back to having catgirls and starships."-- Olimpiada
"...why am I space China, and I don't have actual magic animals, and you're space USA, and you do? This seems like a mistake." --Roania, during a discussion on wildlife.

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:20 am

OK, so I know that you've all been patient and that I've been both (a) recovering from a rather gruesome fight with a shark whilst rescuing a damsel [that's my story and I'm sticking to it] and (b) getting over a mountain of work that I've had to catch up on in the return from the doctors. That said, this coming weekend (after Halloween and the zombie apocalypse that will ensue) I will be catching up on all posts -- primarily focusing on the Dying Dawn thread and the continuation of any other threads. If there some something that you personally believe needs to be brought to my attention, then feel free to either TG me or leave a message here.

Cheers!
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:19 pm

I'll fine something to do in the meantime. :)
-Member; NationStates Private Military Corporation Guild (NSPMCG)
-Member; Galactic Economic and Security Organization (GESO)

New Terminus
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Terminus » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:51 am

Someone just said I have a cool flag #proudface.png
Terminus Factbook - FT

Puppet of: Arch Islands for use in SWG Galaxy

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 pm

And the Halloween Thread is up. Damn Sith Witches!!!!!!

viewtopic.php?uid=1398&f=5&t=318082&start=0
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

New Terminus
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Terminus » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:57 pm

OG Told me to have fun in the Halloween thread and treat it as a sort of short stories thread so I did and I think you will all enjoy it :P Happy Halloween All!
Terminus Factbook - FT

Puppet of: Arch Islands for use in SWG Galaxy

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:21 am

DD post up.

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:44 am

Thrashia wrote:DD post up.

Did you just take over Coruscant, with Tycho? I am just curious if it is now OK for Players (Note Players, not their nations) to take full governence of planets that you, yourself declared NPC planets by characters they created. I'd like to know if that precedent is allowed like the land grab debacle, so the Lady in White can rule Korriban in the next turn, as the Sith Empress. I'm sure a few others would like to create "The Mandalore" to rule the planet Mandalore, and I'm sure Wick won't mind creating a Jedi Master who popularly rules Ossus.

If that isn't the precedent you are setting, I do hope that Coruscant will be returned to all of the SWG's players - joint rule soon.

What ever happened to Wick's attacks against the Chaos Fleets?
Last edited by Orthodox Gnosticism on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 11 times in total.

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Postby New Dornalia » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:08 am

I don't mind the other stuff, but I agree the Coruscant thing does need some clarification so it doesn't go down some potentially very nasty roads. As a famous movie once cautioned, "Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
"It's a magical place where chinese cowboys ply the star lanes to extract vast wealth from trade, where NORINCO isn't just an arms company, but an evil bond villain type conglomerate that hides in other nations. Where the apocalypse happened, and everyone went "huh, that's neat" and then got back to having catgirls and starships."-- Olimpiada
"...why am I space China, and I don't have actual magic animals, and you're space USA, and you do? This seems like a mistake." --Roania, during a discussion on wildlife.

Huntaer
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby Huntaer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:37 pm

If this means that you're effectively controlling Coruscant when it was clearly specified in the rules that coruscant will not be up for grabs, I'm not going to roll with it. This is a different issue from your problems with me RPing land grabs because there never was any actual rules on how to RP them, other than the original modification of not being RPed in the news thread and the the recent declaration requiring us to RP the land grab with someone else. You clearly stated from the beginning that Coruscant was out of bounds for land grabs, along with other NPC's. Then if you're going to decide that we can go ahead and claim NPC's, you still RPed it without giving anyone a chance to counter your claim, which is what your newest ruling required us to do. The post you just made isn't a matter of someone misinterpreting poorly posted rulings or lack of any actual posted rules, it really makes it look like you can decide what is NPC and then effectively control it's fate without consulting the rest of us simply so it can fit into your own RP needs/land holdings with your (the player) characters.

Thrashia wrote:The Rebooted Star Wars Galaxy
[*]There are several NPC regions and qualifications: Hutt Space is, as before, out of bounds to any claims. Coruscant is also out of bounds and will be NPC controlled. Coruscant is now home to a SWG version of the United Nations, call it the "Galactic Conclave." All of us would be part of it, but no one entity in the galaxy controls it or the planet Coruscant directly. This is meant to create some incentive for political cloak and dagger and other fun RP ideas that can be created.

No one entity Thrash, that includes you. As a famous merc once said, "Hey, hey, hey, them ain't kosherized rules."

Feazanthia
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Feazanthia » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:41 pm

So, if I want to claim an NPC world, I need to find someone to RP the NPCs, right?
<Viridia>: Because 'assisting with science' is your code-phrase for 'fucking about like a rampant orangutan being handed the keys to a banana factory'
The Local Cluster - an FT Region

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:05 pm

ZONAMA SEKOT IS MINE!

is that an NPC world? It should be.
Last edited by Godular on Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Godular wrote:ZONAMA SEKOT IS MINE!

Since it's a living, sentient planet that can travel in hyperspace, I'd personally say it qualifies as NPC. If not, then I'm claiming it as a character. (Kidding) :D
Last edited by Orthodox Gnosticism on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:36 pm

Godular wrote:ZONAMA SEKOT IS MINE!

Since it's a living, sentient planet that can travel in hyperspace, I'd personally say it qualifies as NPC. If not, then I'm claiming it as a character. (Kidding) :D

*Considers creating a Kythonized world*
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:11 am

Balrogga wrote:

*Considers creating a Kythonized world*

Why not, after all there has already been a sigh alchemized planet sized death star.

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:23 am

Just because I do the rp'ing for the NPC means that their actions benefit my IC nation itself. In this case, it benefits no one except Coruscant and Tycho, who is an NPC. I've said many times before that Coruscant is going to become like an old city-state from the Italian civil war age in Machiavelli's time. Coruscant is becoming its own nation. At some later point if there is a player that I think capable of rp'ing it, or it by itself, then it might be handed off to them -- to continue it as an NPC or a nation in its own right, but never by any of us. I'm doing the NPC work for the time being because of the story line. Once it's reached the climax, things will go off script, so to speak, and who knows what will happen in the future.

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:58 am

Thrashia wrote:DD post up.

Did you just take over Coruscant, with Tycho? I am just curious if it is now OK for Players (Note Players, not their nations) to take full governence of planets that you, yourself declared NPC planets by characters they created. I'd like to know if that precedent is allowed like the land grab debacle, so the Lady in White can rule Korriban in the next turn, as the Sith Empress. I'm sure a few others would like to create "The Mandalore" to rule the planet Mandalore, and I'm sure Wick won't mind creating a Jedi Master who popularly rules Ossus.

If that isn't the precedent you are setting, I do hope that Coruscant will be returned to all of the SWG's players - joint rule soon.

Everything was written from the NPC character Tycho's perspective and never mentions any other government except ND's, and that only in reference to writing a letter in reply to his Legation. Tycho plans to create a Coruscant independent of other powers that be.

This is to make it so that it's that much harder for any nation to try and claim influence over Coruscant. Coruscant itself is rising for itself.

I'm just as confused over how this was interpreted as "Thrashian Empire Conquers Coruscant" when none of my characters were involved and not a single mention or thought is made of it...

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:56 am

OK, so ND has been explaining more in detail some of the concerns you guys had on IRC. He'll be getting our entire conversation copy-pasted over to anyone that would like it.

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:14 am

Thrashia wrote:

Everything was written from the NPC character Tycho's perspective and never mentions any other government except ND's, and that only in reference to writing a letter in reply to his Legation. Tycho plans to create a Coruscant independent of other powers that be.

This is to make it so that it's that much harder for any nation to try and claim influence over Coruscant. Coruscant itself is rising for itself.

I'm just as confused over how this was interpreted as "Thrashian Empire Conquers Coruscant" when none of my characters were involved and not a single mention or thought is made of it...

Thrashia, you must have misinterpreted my point. No one accused your IC nation of taking over Coruscant. We're saying OOCly that "The NPC" that you created has, without permission of the player base, violated our rules of Coruscant. Thrashia, you are a player, the same as the rest of us, and Coruscant was designated as a NON Player Character planet, by you and agreed upon by all the players. This is why I choose my analogy of Hera taking over Korriban. The Woman in White would be by the same standards a NPC. SHe is not affiliated with any government. She is not a member of the INternational Fleet, the Galactic Imperium, The Starways Congress or any player nation. Thus is she now able to take over Korriban under the guise of NPC?

Since you are a player Thrashia, like the rest of us, our objection is that you created a character, took control of a world, that none of us if we follow our rules would be allowed to do. You as a Player, the man behind the Thrashian Empire, now control Coruscant with your "NPC". So my question is now, does everyone have the ability to play Tycho, without talking to you (Since no player owns a Non Player Character) for the purpose of story, and the same playability including decisions without consulting you? If not then it's not an NPC but the player Thrashia's character. If so, then that's fine and admit that Tycho is your character.

Now i am aware that you are not SIthy, and that you won't use Tycho to support yourself 100% or be a puppet to the Thrashian Empire. My biggest concern here is not you, but the precident it sets for other players. Simply put after you did your Sympathy Annexation, the largest land grab expedition occurred using your actions as precedent, with land take overs, poorly written military offensives and dipl-offensives that nearly caused a lot of problems. I do care about this RP community, as I know you do and I don't want to go down that slippery slope again.

Now if this is for DD, I get it, and I'm fine with it as long as Tycho isn't leader by the end of it. If this is permanent, then all players should have equal access to controlling Tycho since no player owns any NPC, thus is equally owned and shared by all players then that's fine to. If none of these are the case, then I'm afraid that a new precedent will be set one that might cause more strife in our community as others take advantage of your new precedent. You must remember, not everyone thinks or agrees that Nationstates or this RP community has a DM, or needs one.
Last edited by Orthodox Gnosticism on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:56 am, edited 21 times in total.

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Postby New Dornalia » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:32 am

Thrashia wrote:OK, so ND has been explaining more in detail some of the concerns you guys had on IRC. He'll be getting our entire conversation copy-pasted over to anyone that would like it.

OG and Hunt; check TGs. Anyone else need the verbatim transcript, lemme know and I'll send it over.
Last edited by New Dornalia on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents