NATION

PASSWORD

The Colonial Crisis (OOC MT Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lydenburg
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Norvenia wrote:There we go: twenty characters. It's possible that I should post an OOC dramatis personae.

EDIT: Understood.
Last edited by Lydenburg on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ek bly in Australie nou, maar Afrika sal altyd in my hart wees. Maak nie saak wat gebeur nie, ek is trots om te kan sê ek is 'n kind van hierdie ingewikkelde soms wrede kontinent. Mis jou altyd my Suid-Afrika, hier met n seer hart al die pad van Melbourne af!

Norvenia
Minister

Founded: May 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Lydenburg wrote:
Norvenia wrote:There we go: twenty characters. It's possible that I should post an OOC dramatis personae.

EDIT: Understood.

Okay. Glad to hear it.

Kalumba
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:23 pm

According to my doctor what felt like a bit of a cold was food poisoning. But feeling lots better now (I can get out of bed) so will be posting tommorow.
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
The Colonial Crisis viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138755
-St George wrote:Pedantry, thy name is Kalumba.
San-Silvacian wrote:
Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.

Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.

Baptism of Fire 43 Champions
A Luta Continua

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Kalumba wrote:According to my doctor what felt like a bit of a cold was food poisoning. But feeling lots better now (I can get out of bed) so will be posting tommorow.

Hooray! Good to know that you're up and about. Looking forward to getting back to the RP!

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Good to be back :) And an early night turned into an enjoyable re-entry to the thread. I thought i had got a post as long as yours but still a long way short and a bit down on the quality level.
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:04 pm

What about the supplies, Kalumba?

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:21 pm

D'oh! Knew i forgot something :palm:
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:22 pm

Kalumba wrote:D'oh! Knew i forgot something :palm:

No worries! :) I just wondered.

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Norvenia wrote:
Kalumba wrote:D'oh! Knew i forgot something :palm:

No worries! :) I just wondered.

Fixed it now.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Nalaya
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Is this still going?
Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?
- Pope Julius III

Lydenburg
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Nalaya wrote:Is this still going?

As soon as Kalumba gets the time, we'll start it up again. I have never known him to forget about an RP and am fully confident that he will return as soon as able, even if that means a month from now. I've maintained an otherwise-inactive storyline longer than that.

Ek bly in Australie nou, maar Afrika sal altyd in my hart wees. Maak nie saak wat gebeur nie, ek is trots om te kan sê ek is 'n kind van hierdie ingewikkelde soms wrede kontinent. Mis jou altyd my Suid-Afrika, hier met n seer hart al die pad van Melbourne af!

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:09 pm

Lydenburg wrote:
Nalaya wrote:Is this still going?

As soon as Kalumba gets the time, we'll start it up again. I have never known him to forget about an RP and am fully confident that he will return as soon as able, even if that means a month from now. I've maintained an otherwise-inactive storyline longer than that.

Sounds good to me. I was just checking.
- Pope Julius III

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:23 am

Will be posting tonight, on both Lydenburg. Sorry for delay i had an essay due in, so diabled my internet because distractions are bad for work ethic ;)
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Having made a colossal gaffe by accidentally posting OOC in the IC thread ( :oops: ), I am now restating my post below.

Nalaya wrote:Maro nodded a little. "If Vatan pursues no aggressive actions against Kalumba or her allies, I imagine General Vaneni would gladly make use of the Vanguard to secure your country."

So there might be Nalayan troops in this situation too - potentially on the opposite side from Norvenian troops. This calls for some clarification.

I do not want an all-out war with Nalaya. Tension, fine, and maybe even Nalayan-Norvenian combat in this region, but in the final analysis I hope that we'll both do everything to avoid an escalation of the conflict into an out-and-out Norvenian-Nalayan war in the wider world - a war that could all too easily turn nuclear. I've been in a canon nuclear war, with Underium. I lost a million civilians and ended up nuking his capitol. They're no fun. So can we agree to keep this localized, even if it does boil over into open conflict?

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:06 pm

Nalaya has no intention of making an offensive move. Beyond that, I run the country realistically: war is expensive, gets people killed, and drains resources. The smaller and shorter it is, the better. We won't escalate. Honestly, Vatan and Nalaya were both hoping the Kalumbans wouldn't react like they did. No one likes sending their kith and kin off to their deaths.

Additionally, I don't use WMDs ever. They're a recipe for mutually assured destruction. So it's not going to happen, no worries. Expect diplomatic and economic sanctions way before war.
- Pope Julius III

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:08 pm

Nalaya wrote:Nalaya has no intention of making an offensive move. Beyond that, I run the country realistically: war is expensive, gets people killed, and drains resources. The smaller and shorter it is, the better. We won't escalate. Honestly, Vatan and Nalaya were both hoping the Kalumbans wouldn't react like they did. No one likes sending their kith and kin off to their deaths.

Additionally, I don't use WMDs ever. They're a recipe for mutually assured destruction. So it's not going to happen, no worries. Expect diplomatic and economic sanctions way before war.

Glad to hear it. To be honest, the Norvenians watching the situation were hoping for a more diplomatic resolution too. And even if Norvenians and Nalayans do end up in combat, I won't escalate either. This thing stays localized, even if it does explode.

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Norvenia wrote:
Nalaya wrote:Nalaya has no intention of making an offensive move. Beyond that, I run the country realistically: war is expensive, gets people killed, and drains resources. The smaller and shorter it is, the better. We won't escalate. Honestly, Vatan and Nalaya were both hoping the Kalumbans wouldn't react like they did. No one likes sending their kith and kin off to their deaths.

Glad to hear it. To be honest, the Norvenians watching the situation were hoping for a more diplomatic resolution too. And even if Norvenians and Nalayans do end up in combat, I won't escalate either. This thing stays localized, even if it does explode.

Might be worth it to have Nalaya and Norvenia talk. Someone needs to convince Kalumba not to keep poking Vatan in the eye with a sharp stick, and Norvenia is the only one with sway over them.
- Pope Julius III

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:14 pm

Nalaya wrote:
Norvenia wrote:

Might be worth it to have Nalaya and Norvenia talk. Someone needs to convince Kalumba not to keep poking Vatan in the eye with a sharp stick, and Norvenia is the only one with sway over them.

I agree - somewhat. Kalumba is still a close ally and an ex-colony, and right now Norvenia's relationship with it is a little like the relationship of the US to Israel: Norvenia would do things differently, but it's got to support Kalumba anyway. So Norvenia can't give away too much, and it can't initiate the talks - that could too easily be interpreted as going behind Kalumba's back. But if Nalaya contacted Norvenia with an offer to discuss the situation, well - talking never hurt, so let's talk.

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:17 pm

Absolutely, when it's next my post.
- Pope Julius III

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Not really sure what Limbani did wrong in the talks, you can't expect the Kalumban's to trust a nation which invaded and occupied them in the recent past or give them a chance to grow powerful again. However i will still be willing to look for a diplomatic solution but it will need less hostility towards the Kalumbans and much reduced demands. You cannot expect Kalumba to remove all sanctions because Vatan has finally started to stop BAPLs free reign with the nation.

On another note as vaguely mentioned in my last post severe weather is beggining to interrupt all communications with the outside world. While it is not now serious the weather will become progressively worse until such communications are nigh on impossible, but i will post when that happens so carry on as if there are no major issues. This will only last a short time but could lead to some diplomatic misunderstandings and make the IC a little more lively without going beyond the brink and starting an all out war.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Kalumba wrote:Not really sure what Limbani did wrong in the talks, you can't expect the Kalumban's to trust a nation which invaded and occupied them in the recent past or give them a chance to grow powerful again. However i will still be willing to look for a diplomatic solution but it will need less hostility towards the Kalumbans and much reduced demands. You cannot expect Kalumba to remove all sanctions because Vatan has finally started to stop BAPLs free reign with the nation.

On another note as vaguely mentioned in my last post severe weather is beggining to interrupt all communications with the outside world. While it is not now serious the weather will become progressively worse until such communications are nigh on impossible, but i will post when that happens so carry on as if there are no major issues. This will only last a short time but could lead to some diplomatic misunderstandings and make the IC a little more lively without going beyond the brink and starting an all out war.

They were rather...hostile.
- Pope Julius III

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:08 pm

Nalaya wrote:
Kalumba wrote:Not really sure what Limbani did wrong in the talks, you can't expect the Kalumban's to trust a nation which invaded and occupied them in the recent past or give them a chance to grow powerful again. However i will still be willing to look for a diplomatic solution but it will need less hostility towards the Kalumbans and much reduced demands. You cannot expect Kalumba to remove all sanctions because Vatan has finally started to stop BAPLs free reign with the nation.

They were rather...hostile.

I know, Mr Limbani may be playing a part in a coup attempt in the near future and has more to gain from an unstable region than one at peace. He also lost his wife to BAPL insurgents so doesn't hold anyone who harbours them with much respect. However President Omeru is always willing to talk if he has better information on the talks than that he recieved from his deputy.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Kalumba wrote:
Nalaya wrote:They were rather...hostile.

I know, Mr Limbani may be playing a part in a coup attempt in the near future and has more to gain from an unstable region than one at peace. He also lost his wife to BAPL insurgents so doesn't hold anyone who harbours them with much respect. However President Omeru is always willing to talk if he has better information on the talks than that he recieved from his deputy.

Limbani is the only one in a position to pass him that information besides Lycaon. Nalaya and Norvenia, however will be talking.
- Pope Julius III

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Nalaya wrote:
Kalumba wrote:
quote]

Limbani is the only one in a position to pass him that information besides Lycaon. Nalaya and Norvenia, however will be talking.

That's where i am thinking another conference could be arranged if Norvenia recieves more accurate information and pressures Kalumba into another conference.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Kalumba wrote:
Nalaya wrote:

That's where i am thinking another conference could be arranged if Norvenia recieves more accurate information and pressures Kalumba into another conference.

That's what we figured.
- Pope Julius III

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents