NATION

PASSWORD

The Colonial Crisis (OOC MT Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kalumba
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Welcome aboard Eboinland.

Southern Cynocephali is accepted as Nation 3 as well when they finish their sign up.
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
The Colonial Crisis viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138755
-St George wrote:Pedantry, thy name is Kalumba.
San-Silvacian wrote:
Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.

Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.

Baptism of Fire 43 Champions
A Luta Continua

Southern Cynocephali
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Southern Cynocephali » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:23 pm

Kalumba wrote:Southern Cynocephali is accepted as Nation 3 as well when they finish their sign up.

Done.
Demonyms: Cynoceph (pref.), Cynocephalian, Cyno

Nation on NSWiki
SC Sportswire
APEX Tyres

Yanitza
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 18, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Yanitza » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:42 am

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/africaug.png/

Is my map, red lines show administrive divisions along the Republics

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:32 am

Southern Cynocephali is accepted.

We just need six more nations to start, yay!

I will start the RP as soon as we have a ntion 5 and 6 so all the main protagonists are there.
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:24 am

Come on, someone must want to be the bad guys.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Lydenburg
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:59 am

This looks interesting, Kalumba. Right up my street, as well. I do hope, however, that you can preserve quality in this RP, and that the storyline will not degenerate into a festival of "numberwankers", "grammar nazis", "godmodders", and the rest of their ilk.

Ek bly in Australie nou, maar Afrika sal altyd in my hart wees. Maak nie saak wat gebeur nie, ek is trots om te kan sê ek is 'n kind van hierdie ingewikkelde soms wrede kontinent. Mis jou altyd my Suid-Afrika, hier met n seer hart al die pad van Melbourne af!

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:12 pm

I will do my best to avoid it degenerating into that. I will still be fully commited to Zimbabwe-Rhodesia while this goes on as well.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Lydenburg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Nation Name: Cyanna
Government Style: Minority Government
Colonial Master: Lydenburg
RP Example: Kalumba, I should hope you remember me...
Population: 18,819,778 (Settler minority 8 percent)
Military Size: 6,700 permanent defence force, although the citizens' reserves may be called up to serve at any time. This does not include special security units or paramilitary forces. Conscription is in place for all white males between the ages of seventeen and fifty. Equipment is almost entirely of foreign manufacture. Jumble of Soviet and Free World Cold War weaponry, all PMT.
Brief History of your Colony: The Cyanna Colony was founded by Lydenburgher settlers who arrived less than a hundred years ago. From the start, Cyanna (Inhabited mainly by a black African majority) was a prime candidate for plantation and commercial farming ventures, due to its rich and fertile territory. A beautiful land with flowing rivers, hill country, and an expansive grassland interior. However, the settlers of European extract proved to be selfish and greedy, adopting forced labour to manage their plantations. They completely destroyed an entire tribe of people living along the coast and brutally stamped out resistance in many others. The settlers, known as "Maetuns" (Isolated Ones) lived in colonies which concentrate today around Cyanna's only major cities. Others who have occupied the inland have a comfortable living as sheep farmers or mineowners. Three native revolts by different tribes have been crushed with increasing brutality by the colonial security forces, especially elite counter-insurgency units developed specifically to suppress dissension.

Black Cyannans remain at the bottom of the social ladder, denied education and jobs other than those of menial labourers. In recent times, however, the shortage of white settler-generated manpower has become too great to cope with a developing industry; thus Cyanna remains stagnant economically due to unwillingness to overcome racial prejudice. Lydenburg has increasingly distanced itself from the Cyannan authorities, who wield considerable power and now can truly call their colony a self-governing dependency, a protectorate, more than anything else. Even so, the mother country will always be prepared to send military support should it ever boil down to outright invasion.

With the exception of Nation 5, Cyanna maintains little diplomatic relations with other powers in the region. However, it does enjoy the advantage of being the local breadbasket, income generated from this revenue has allowed the white minority to enjoy a standard of living comparable to those in the First World. Despite this, however, most common people are no better than peasants and are among the poorest in the region. Disease, starvation, and tribal warfare continue to claim hundreds of lives each day, and as a half-hearted insurgency grows, the settler regime cracks down with increasingly ruthless countermeasures. The racial divide in Cyanna is so great that you could cut the tensions with a knife.

NOTE: I will try for "Nation 6".
Last edited by Lydenburg on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ek bly in Australie nou, maar Afrika sal altyd in my hart wees. Maak nie saak wat gebeur nie, ek is trots om te kan sê ek is 'n kind van hierdie ingewikkelde soms wrede kontinent. Mis jou altyd my Suid-Afrika, hier met n seer hart al die pad van Melbourne af!

Ruffnekia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruffnekia » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Nation Name: Tamaria
Government Style: Imperial Government because it is run by a princess of the Ruffnekian Imperial Family
Colonial Master: Ruffnekia
RP Example: None
Population: 17 Million, 130,000 colonials
Military Size: 400,000 using British weaponry
Brief History of your Colony: the colony was established in 1836 by settlers from the Empire and stumbled upon this thought to be uninhabited island and when the natives were found they welcomed the settlers with open arms and soon relations went from strength to strength and even to a point when they all decided to join into one province under the leadership of a princess of the royal family which they elected and the princess they elected was called Sophia who was the most intelligent person in the empire. there is no racial violence in the kingdom due to the education received during school so they are all received with open arms.

(can i be nation number one?)

Lydenburg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Ruffnekia wrote:Nation Name: Tamaria
Government Style: Imperial Government because it is run by a princess of the Ruffnekian Imperial Family
Colonial Master: Ruffnekia
RP Example: None
Population: 17 Million, 130,000 colonials
Military Size: 400,000 using British weaponry
Brief History of your Colony: the colony was established in 1836 by settlers from the Empire and stumbled upon this thought to be uninhabited island and when the natives were found they welcomed the settlers with open arms and soon relations went from strength to strength and even to a point when they all decided to join into one province under the leadership of a princess of the royal family which they elected and the princess they elected was called Sophia who was the most intelligent person in the empire. there is no racial violence in the kingdom due to the education received during school so they are all received with open arms.

(can i be nation number one?)

Could you please provide an RP example? I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I'm sure that Kalumba will wish that you supply one. After all, everyone else has, and to allow you to proceed without would seem a tad unbalanced.

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:35 pm

Lydenburg- Accepted, it will be interesting to be your enemy rather than friend :) although revolutions are always fun.

Ruffnekia like Lydenburg said can i see some sort of RP example if you don't have one can you post a RP for this situation as if it were happening to you.

1- A squad of your soldiers in hunting a terrorist unit in thick brush. Say 10 soldiers against 15 terrorists.

Just a paragraph will do.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Ruffnekia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruffnekia » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:48 pm

The RP there is a bit different to what it will be like here, so could you please do the paragraph for a small unit of soldiers hunting terrorists in the thick jungle please.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Ruffnekia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruffnekia » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:10 pm

OK then

somewhere in the cistern forest.....

a squad was camping in a an open patch in the forest with torrential rain hitting the camp the soldiers were inside the main tent eating their diner around a fire, Captain Brusky a tall dark haired man led the team on their mission to hunt down a group of escaped convicts from a top secret military prison just days before "damn they should really improve these stupid rations" he said disgruntled as he shoved another spoonful of powdered style tomato soup with sausages into his mouth and then pulling a disgusting face at the foil looking packet in his hand.

"too right they should" said another man called private Jenkins he was a shallow man and was very cocky it came to a battle between them and an enemy squad. he happened to get stuck with the liquidy looking curry as he had managed to put too much boiling water into it making it very runny

Lydenburg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Ruffnekia wrote:OK then

a squad was camping in a an open patch in the forest with torrential rain hitting the camp the soldiers were inside the main tent eating their diner around a fire, Captain Brusky a tall dark haired man led the team on their mission to hunt down a group of escaped convicts from a top secret military prison just days before "damn they should really improve these stupid rations" he said disgruntled as he shoved another spoonful of powdered style tomato soup with sausages into his mouth and then pulling a disgusting face at the foil looking packet in his hand.

"too right they should" said another man called private Jenkins he was a shallow man and was very cocky it came to a battle between them and an enemy squad. he happened to get stuck with the liquidy looking curry as he had managed to put too much boiling water into it making it very runny

Just a well-meaning suggestion....Have you attempted using commas in any of your writing?
Last edited by Lydenburg on Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ruffnekia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruffnekia » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Lydenburg wrote:
Ruffnekia wrote:OK then

Just a well-meaning suggestion....Have you attempted using commas in any of your writing?

if you mean purposely putting them in there then yes to show that they are speak

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:37 pm

I don't mean to be rude, but your grammar needs a bit of work. Capital letters are neccesary as are commas. Commas (,) are used to split up a sentence, while speech marks (") are used to indicate someone is talking. I'm not sure if your writing is good enough...
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Ruffnekia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruffnekia » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Kalumba wrote:I don't mean to be rude, but your grammar needs a bit of work. Capital letters are neccesary as are commas. Commas (,) are used to split up a sentence, while speech marks (") are used to indicate someone is talking. I'm not sure if your writing is good enough...

oh those commas and yes it does need a lot of work but that comes with still being in school

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Could you try rewriting your paragraph with proper grammar?
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Ruffnekia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruffnekia » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:47 pm

which bits because i have problems when choosing to put where commas go

Lydenburg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Ruffnekia wrote:which bits because i have problems when choosing to put where commas go

I speak English as a second language, and I know where the commas go. If you need to be told exactly where to put them in a sentence, you quite obviously cannot ever become accustomed to writing the level of grammar that we expect here. Sorry, perhaps not this time. I suggest that you work on some other RP's first, and come back when you've had experience. This thread is really more inclined towards those who are better acquainted with roleplaying scenarios.

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:54 pm

I am afraid Lydenburg is right, but we need people with a better grasp of writing English. Enjoy the game and perhaps in time we can RP together.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Ruffnekia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruffnekia » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:54 pm

Lydenburg wrote:
Ruffnekia wrote:which bits because i have problems when choosing to put where commas go

I speak English as a second language, and I know where the commas go. If you need to be told exactly where to put them in a sentence, you quite obviously cannot ever become accustomed to writing the level of grammar that we expect here. Sorry, perhaps not this time. I suggest that you work on some other RP's first, and come back when you've had experience. This thread is really more inclined towards those who are better acquainted with roleplaying scenarios.

and yet im english :rofl: and ok will do

Norvenia
Minister

Founded: May 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:41 pm

Lydenburg wrote:Military Size: Equipment is almost entirely of foreign manufacture. Jumble of Soviet and Free World Cold War weaponry, all PMT.

Kalumba wrote:Technology: I think 1990’s technology is appropriate as the colonies will not have the money to acquire the latest technology fro their armies and industrial complexes. Small amounts of modern technology can be used but keep it within reason. There will be no nuclear weapons or any form of WMD.

?

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Norvenia wrote:
Lydenburg wrote:Military Size: Equipment is almost entirely of foreign manufacture. Jumble of Soviet and Free World Cold War weaponry, all PMT.

Kalumba wrote:Technology: I think 1990’s technology is appropriate as the colonies will not have the money to acquire the latest technology fro their armies and industrial complexes. Small amounts of modern technology can be used but keep it within reason. There will be no nuclear weapons or any form of WMD.

?

Me and Lydenburg use PMT as Past Modern Timer, rather than Post. Very confusing :)
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents