NATION

PASSWORD

The Colonial Crisis (OOC MT Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kalumba
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:48 am

Provisionally yes, but i want everyone else involved to agree to accepting a new nation into the RP. And i still need to see if this is going to continue or if it's dead.
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
The Colonial Crisis viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138755
-St George wrote:Pedantry, thy name is Kalumba.
San-Silvacian wrote:
Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.

Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.

Baptism of Fire 43 Champions
A Luta Continua

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Thats cool man I suggest that a minimum be instituted, 1 Paragraph 4-5 lines?
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Quality over quantity, i would never institute a minimum post size because people should recognise what is expected of them.

But none of that matters; Norvenia cannot continue, so unless Southern Cynocephali returns as Lycaon this is finished. I will give them another 3 days and if they are not back involved by then, i will wind this up.
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

McNernia
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Perhaps I could get involved as the peacekeeper ....the federation seems like the perfect state to do so. But then we have tribalism issue which might screw things up. Or Mcnernia could be the one helpling Lydenburg smoke out the BAPL. Also would you like me to be the new mother state or will you continue with the defunct Norvenia?
Last edited by McNernia on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
A Time of Trouble
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Lore change?

Lydenburg
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:35 pm

I don't approve of Mcnernia's involvement here just yet.

Ek bly in Australie nou, maar Afrika sal altyd in my hart wees. Maak nie saak wat gebeur nie, ek is trots om te kan sê ek is 'n kind van hierdie ingewikkelde soms wrede kontinent. Mis jou altyd my Suid-Afrika, hier met n seer hart al die pad van Melbourne af!

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Mcnernia wrote:Perhaps I could get involved as the peacekeeper ....the federation seems like the perfect state to do so. But then we have tribalism issue which might screw things up. Or Mcnernia could be the one helpling Lydenburg smoke out the BAPL. Also would you like me to be the new mother state or will you continue with the defunct Norvenia?

You claim 'the federation' would be the perfect state to step in as peacekeeper, yet this shows why i am not sure if you are ready to take part in an RP like this. Nation 7, the one you have claimed, took part in the invasion of Kalumba during The War on the sole basis of trying to grab the sea port of Muzera. Why on earth would Kalumba allow troops from a nation they see as hostile to land on Kalumban soil to prevent former allies of Nation 7 from invading? I still believe you have failed to read the OP and as such makes me question your suitability to take part here.

Also how could Mcnernia get involved? First they have no relations with Kalumba, Norvenia is the nation from which Kalumba is descended so was trusted implicitly to defend Kalumba's interests. Secondly how can you expect Kalumba to allow foreign troops from a power whose former colony invaded Kalumba to act as peacekeepers in their interest.

And no i would not like you to become my new mother state. I thought that would have been made obvious when i pointed out that everything that has happened in this RP is canon to Kalumba's history so Norvenia could not simply be removed and replaced with Mcnernia. Had you done a little background check on Kalumba you would note from my NSWiki entry that Kalumba has been saved by Norvenia in two wars and both nations have a strong history together which took a long time to plan and i will never see rewritten, replaced or removed.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Lydenburg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Kalumba, please ask Mcnernia to write a new sample post. The writing provided earlier is one that he's already sent to me several weeks ago and doesn't necessarily reflect how he will presently perform in this setting.

Say, a scenario involving fireforce tactics? Basic enough for any decent military writer who is as acquainted with bush war-type RPs as he claims to be.
Last edited by Lydenburg on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ek bly in Australie nou, maar Afrika sal altyd in my hart wees. Maak nie saak wat gebeur nie, ek is trots om te kan sê ek is 'n kind van hierdie ingewikkelde soms wrede kontinent. Mis jou altyd my Suid-Afrika, hier met n seer hart al die pad van Melbourne af!

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Thanks Lydenburg, ok Mcnernia with that knowledge i would like you to write out an RP based on this scenario:

Location: 3km west of a small native village, in light brush with a single small vlei between the brush and the village and a dominating kopje (hill) 1km to the north of the village. The village is 60km south of the nearest military base.
Combatants: You- a platoon of Paratroopers, with one transport aircraft, two Allouette IIIs and a light attack aircraft. Soldiers equiptment- your choice.
Hostiles- a 15 strong cadre of guerrilla fighters with 2 RPG-7s, the remainder with AKMs/AK-47s, in the group is a political commissar and a military advisor from behind the Iron Curtain.
Situation: A spotter plane has sighted the guerrillas moving towards the village, you job is to intercept and destroy the cadre before they can attempt to subvert opinion in the village into hostility toward the government. You must also avoid any collateral damage in the village or too the cattle herd around the village.

You fill in names, equiptment types and everything else. Make it as long or as short as you want and then we will judge you application.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

McNernia
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:06 pm

Let me just say Norvenia is gone , POOF gone. And I accept your challenge Lydenburg I know how fire force is executed Ill do my best
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
A Time of Trouble

Lore change?

Lydenburg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Mcnernia wrote:Let me just say Norvenia is gone , POOF gone. And I accept your challenge Lydenburg I know how fire force is executed Ill do my best

I wish to respectfully point out that Norvenia is still on NS, he's merely using a different account.

Thank you for agreeing to post once again; I will do my best to give your sample an honest appraisal - and Kalumba no doubt likewise.

McNernia
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:25 am

I mean the nation is gone so that might be a short term or long term so you have a problem
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
A Time of Trouble

Lore change?

Lydenburg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:14 am

Mcnernia wrote:I mean the nation is gone so that might be a short term or long term so you have a problem

Not really. We can always ask New Edom to post as Norvenia. It's the same person.

McNernia
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 am

OH :palm: things are interesting on NS ask New Edom
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
A Time of Trouble

Lore change?

Kirav
Minister

Founded: Sep 07, 2006
Capitalizt

Postby Kirav » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:02 am

I'd just like to say that I (the player behind Livensóla and Usaya, in case you were wondering) am still interested in making a go of this, though Usaya's geographic position makes it difficult for me to get involved.

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:41 pm

Kirav wrote:I'd just like to say that I (the player behind Livensóla and Usaya, in case you were wondering) am still interested in making a go of this, though Usaya's geographic position makes it difficult for me to get involved.

You do share a border with Kalumba and Cyanna, so you could become involved in a border clash or something involving violation of your airspace. Alternatley you could become involved in a peacekeeping role.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

McNernia
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:49 pm

I wonder a violation of Federation airspace by the KAF and I am working on the writing peace
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
A Time of Trouble

Lore change?

Kirav
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Kirav » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:08 am

Kalumba wrote:
Kirav wrote:I'd just like to say that I (the player behind Livensóla and Usaya, in case you were wondering) am still interested in making a go of this, though Usaya's geographic position makes it difficult for me to get involved.

You do share a border with Kalumba and Cyanna, so you could become involved in a border clash or something involving violation of your airspace. Alternatley you could become involved in a peacekeeping role.

True, true.

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:56 am

Kirav if you wanted to play a more major role in the RP i wouldn't object to you being the peacekeeping force. As the colonial master of one of the neutral nations Kalumba has no quarrel with you.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:04 am

Lydenburg wrote:
Mcnernia wrote:I mean the nation is gone so that might be a short term or long term so you have a problem

Not really. We can always ask New Edom to post as Norvenia. It's the same person.

No, Norvenia and Mount Angel are the same person. I only posted because I had thought of joining before and know some of the players.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Kirav
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Kirav » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:43 am

Kalumba wrote:Kirav if you wanted to play a more major role in the RP i wouldn't object to you being the peacekeeping force. As the colonial master of one of the neutral nations Kalumba has no quarrel with you.

That might be more interesting. After all, Usaya on its own is pretty much impotent due to its lack of development.

Kalumba
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Kirav wrote:
Kalumba wrote:Kirav if you wanted to play a more major role in the RP i wouldn't object to you being the peacekeeping force. As the colonial master of one of the neutral nations Kalumba has no quarrel with you.

That might be more interesting. After all, Usaya on its own is pretty much impotent due to its lack of development.

Well it's entirely up to you, as the first nation to recognise our Universal Declaration of Indifference Kalumba would be happy to welcome Kiravian troops on it's soil.
San-Silvacian wrote:

A Luta Continua

Kirav
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Kirav » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:29 am

Kalumba wrote:
Kirav wrote:

Well it's entirely up to you, as the first nation to recognise our Universal Declaration of Indifference Kalumba would be happy to welcome Kiravian troops on it's soil.

Ah, yes! I do remember that.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents