NATION

PASSWORD

The king is dead!

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

we should do?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:44 am

proclame the Republic
31%
give the crown to a member of another royal house
23%
give the crown to the grandson of Alfonso, who is from another royal house
21%
cede the crown to the king of another country
17%
make our best general, Espartero, king
8%

Total votes : 71

Cuban confederacy
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuban confederacy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:14 pm

United World Order wrote:Hopefully other nations can conceal there hatred for our government and not burst out into blaming us and putting us down with insults because we base our government on fascism.

Hey, mine is basiced on mindless corruption, blind patriotism and endless wars. So no hate here in fact if you want we could have intergovernmental talks about trade, army and policing ?

North West Asia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Attack!

Postby North West Asia » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:53 pm

We are attacking with 50.000 men together with 500 tanks 100 helicopters 300 planes and 1000 artillery
:bow: For North West Asia!
Current Military Devices in orbit: 2x R-78 (High Density Laser) 1X R-59 (Low orbit recon satellite)

Iberia Rebolucionaria
Envoy

Founded: Apr 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Iberia Rebolucionaria » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:09 pm

North west Asia wrote:We are attacking with 50.000 men together with 500 tanks 100 helicopters 300 planes and 1000 artillery

whom you are attacking?
iberian history:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=116402&p=5866029#p5866029

North West Asia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby North West Asia » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Iberia Rebolucionaria wrote:
North west Asia wrote:We are attacking with 50.000 men together with 500 tanks 100 helicopters 300 planes and 1000 artillery

whom you are attacking?

You!
Current Military Devices in orbit: 2x R-78 (High Density Laser) 1X R-59 (Low orbit recon satellite)

Tehraan
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tehraan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Tehraan demands that most of you read this:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=75017

Iberia Rebolucionaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Iberia Rebolucionaria » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:32 pm

North west Asia wrote:
Iberia Rebolucionaria wrote:whom you are attacking?

You!

but you're not in civil war?
iberian history:

North West Asia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby North West Asia » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Iberia Rebolucionaria wrote:
North west Asia wrote:You!

but you're not in civil war?

No we are attempting to get a new constitution!
Bombing the capital

Iberia Rebolucionaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Iberia Rebolucionaria » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:37 pm

North west Asia wrote:
Iberia Rebolucionaria wrote:but you're not in civil war?

Bombing the capital

OCC: I knew someone would declare war, but I'm surprised that I declare it a nation in civil war.
do not invest in defense, you can´t attack me
Last edited by Iberia Rebolucionaria on Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iberian history:

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:38 pm

North west Asia wrote:
Iberia Rebolucionaria wrote:but you're not in civil war?

Bombing the capital

OOC: You can't just bomb his capital like that. You're essentially godmodding, which is against the rules. Please do read the stickies.

Tehraan wrote:Tehraan demands that most of you read this:

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Besate
Envoy

Founded: Nov 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Besate » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:40 pm

I am sad about the strange number of people who votes for Republic; Republics are useless, corrupted, full of people who only want a seat in parliament, are blocked from reaching for the highest office, waste of money, and things like that, and whatever they do, that goes bad, will no longer rated. A monarchy, however, because people love their king, usually reigns for many years, and love, care, protect the people, defends him and tells, and shows the true face of the nation for years as a republic in which elected face to represent them for a few years, in addition, if an evil king rules, is not that lacia the place, usually the people requires the head of the kings, not presidents, kings, therefore, govern wisely.

LONG LIVE TO THE monarchies! LONG LIVE TO ALL NOBLES!
SECRETARY GENERAL OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF CROWNS
15 terms as Minister of Culture of the Commonwealth of Crowns
2 Terms as Minister of Interiors of the Commonwealth of Crowns
1 Term as Minister of Recruitment of the Commonwealth of Crowns
2 Terms as Chancellor of the Commonwealth of Crowns
2 Term as Secretary General of the Commonwealth of Crowns
Praised with a Long and Durable service ribbon
Praised with a Special Merits Ribbon
CHECK OUR FACTBOOK
DUKE ROBERTO IV and DUCHESS ISABELLA

North West Asia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby North West Asia » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:41 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
North west Asia wrote:No we are attempting to get a new constitution!
Bombing the capital

OOC: You can't just bomb his capital like that. You're essentially godmodding, which is against the rules. Please do read the stickies.

Tehraan wrote:Tehraan demands that most of you read this:

I said nothing about it being high damage only said i did
EDIT: All troops hae been withdrawn
Last edited by North West Asia on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:43 pm

North west Asia wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:

I said nothing about it being high damage only said i did

OOC: I never mentioned high damage. I mentioned that mere one liners like "bombing the capital" is godmoding. You can't just bypass whatever defenses he has in his capital like that, especially when you didn't bother to ask him about them. Wars here on NS aren't just cut and dry. It requires planning, discussion, etc. I suggest reading the stickies alongside discussing with Iberia various things about defenses and such. It's fun to fight, but it's important to fight fairly and properly. Otherwise people will look down at you and ignore you, most likely.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Crescellia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Crescellia » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Iberia, we have observed that there is an attack against your nation of some kind ((I put 2 + 2 together via OOC comments and that one IC >.> )) If I am mistaken, please do correct me.

However, we are willing to offer military support on your behalf if you feel you so need it. We also have humanitarian supplies available which we can send ASAP including temporary medical clinics if need be.

/signed

Kora Tomaka
Prime Ambassador of The Republic of Crescellia
Aluminus Ambassadorial Palace.

((PS: my tech is PMT, around 2050ish for military info etc check my factbook))
High Chancellor of The Republic of Crescellia, Istara Iokalas
W.A. Delegate of the Space Station 14 Region

DEFCON level;
1 2 3 4 5

Crescellian Military Information:
viewtopic.php?p=3069362#p3069361

Iberia Rebolucionaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Iberia Rebolucionaria » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:54 pm

Crescellia wrote:Iberia, we have observed that there is an attack against your nation of some kind ((I put 2 + 2 together via OOC comments and that one IC >.> )) If I am mistaken, please do correct me.

However, we are willing to offer military support on your behalf if you feel you so need it. We also have humanitarian supplies available which we can send ASAP including temporary medical clinics if need be.

/signed

Kora Tomaka
Prime Ambassador of The Republic of Crescellia
Aluminus Ambassadorial Palace.

((PS: my tech is PMT, around 2050ish for military info etc check my factbook))

not need it, that army he sent me is fictional. he doesn´t invest in defense,therefore he hasn´t army.

but we will notify you if we need

Thanks
Last edited by Iberia Rebolucionaria on Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
iberian history:

Crescellia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Crescellia » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:04 pm

Very well.

DEFCON level;
1 2 3 4 5

Bergrisiheim
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergrisiheim » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:46 pm

OST Germany wrote:
Bergrisiheim wrote:"Follow Grand King Drg'Rac of the Bergrisar! He will lead you to victory!" proclaims a diplomat from Bergrisiheim seated atop a gargantuan cockroach, "The Age of Glory is upon us! And those who follow Drg'Rac are well rewarded! Why proclaim another distant King? Drg'Rac interacts with all of his subjects as part of his Grand HR Campaign! Follow Drg'Rac and have your voice heard by the King!"

How pathetic your diplomats propaganda was!Why should they follow Grand King Drg'Rac?If they do that they will be your puppet state!OST German people think that every nation should proclaim democracy after a kings death and they will follow the western civillization not a barbarian one like Bergrisiheim!If you keep propaganda we will declare war!

"Hmph! You think you are fooling anyone? In a democracy, an individual's rights are stripped away with a single declaration by the ruling majority. Follow Drg'Rac and your freedoms are preserved. Follow Drg'Rac and the minority shall never need to fear an oppressive majority. Your government style is confusing to me. You merely let a majority dictate the lives of everyone? How nonsensical!"

OST Germany
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby OST Germany » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:51 pm

WAR
Today, General Lustok announced that we cannot accept Bergrisiheim's propaganda.We are declaring war to your pathetic nation.We mobilize 200,000 men,2,642 tanks and 123 MiG fighters
Last edited by OST Germany on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Iberia Rebolucionaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Iberia Rebolucionaria » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:49 am

OST Germany wrote:WAR
Today, General Lustok announced that we cannot accept Bergrisiheim's propaganda.We are declaring war to your pathetic nation.We mobilize 200,000 men,2,642 tanks and 123 MiG fighters

if you are going to launch a war, you believe will be better than another thread
iberian history:

Bergrisiheim
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergrisiheim » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:12 am

OST Germany wrote:WAR

"Ha!" laughs the Bergrisi, "Then we shall saddle the War-Roaches and meet you in combat. You do yourself much dishonor, attacking over 'propaganda'! Ha! Especially when you yourself are guilty of the act! In fact, you have been spreading more 'propaganda' than I have. We will meet you, if you truly wish to attack over some perceived slight."

Here, I made a forum post for this:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=126070

Crescellia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Crescellia » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:06 am

It is shocking how two pitifully small nations believe they should fight over land. The High Chancellor, though not surprised by this outbreak of war with such nations as yourselves, will offer humanitarian aid toward either side of the conflict if requested.

As for the topic at hand, we hope you make a decision soon, our nation knows what a nation with no leader is like, and how inefficient it is, anarchy spreads quickly. If we can help you in any way to instate your new monarch, or switch over to a Republic, let us know, while we still hope you consider our offer, we, unlike some nations here, will help you regardless.

/signed

Prime Ambassador Kora Tomaka
Aluminus City Ambassadorial Palace

DEFCON level;
1 2 3 4 5

Iberia Rebolucionaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

the crown

Postby Iberia Rebolucionaria » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:55 am

Crescellia wrote:As for the topic at hand, we hope you make a decision soon, our nation knows what a nation with no leader is like, and how inefficient it is, anarchy spreads quickly. If we can help you in any way to instate your new monarch, or switch over to a Republic, let us know, while we still hope you consider our offer, we, unlike some nations here, will help you regardless.

/signed

Aluminus City Ambassadorial Palace

democratically elected government in the election of 1 or 2 months ago has it all under control, Thanks

what is disputed is the crown, the most conservatives want to continue having a constitutional monarchy, while most progressives want the proclamation of the republic as before the king's return to iberia.
Iberia will do whatever is chosen in the vote, and hopefully not cause conflicts.
Last edited by Iberia Rebolucionaria on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
iberian history:

Iberia Rebolucionaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Public Opinion

Postby Iberia Rebolucionaria » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:06 am

- The republic: the majority of the population that agree in the proclamation of the republic, given that we have recently come out of the 2nd Republic, when the constitution was sworn by AlfonsoXVIII, Iberia became a parliamentary monarchy

- The grandson of Alfonso XVIII: the grandson of the King "Juan I" belonging to a royal house of Eastern Europe,he hasn´t the public opinion, since it has never shown interest in Iberia, which never has been since the death of his mother , daughter of Alfonso.

- General Espartero: Espartero is primarily the view that the army serves. and part of public opinion, this is devido their successful campaigns in the civil war and the small colonization in the northern africa, uninhabited.

- To crown a king or a member of a royal house: This option is only supported by the most conservative sectors, who do not want to anything the demise of the crown of Iberia.
Last edited by Iberia Rebolucionaria on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
iberian history:

Morpokia
Secretary

Founded: Jan 19, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Morpokia » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:28 am

To the Government of Iberia

It is with deepest regret that my High Chancellor has informed me of the death of your beloved King Alfonso VIII. The Holy empire and its vassal states have declared a day of mourning in remebrance of this great KIng. In the spirit of solidarity with our fellow Latin brother state I wish to propose my youngest son Prince David-Antonius as the future Constitutional Monarch of Iberia. If parliament agrees to crown our son, we can offer a perpetual alliance between our nations including special economic tariffs and a promise of military and economic support for the Nationalist Government in times of war and strife..

The Holy Empire salutes you

Hans Michael II Holy Emperor of Morpokia, overlord of Portosi, Soverign of de la Porte and Ench

Iberia Rebolucionaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Iberia Rebolucionaria » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:06 am

Morpokia wrote:To the Government of Iberia

It is with deepest regret that my High Chancellor has informed me of the death of your beloved King Alfonso VIII. The Holy empire and its vassal states have declared a day of mourning in remebrance of this great KIng. In the spirit of solidarity with our fellow Latin brother state I wish to propose my youngest son Prince David-Antonius as the future Constitutional Monarch of Iberia. If parliament agrees to crown our son, we can offer a perpetual alliance between our nations including special economic tariffs and a promise of military and economic support for the Nationalist Government in times of war and strife..

The Holy Empire salutes you

Hans Michael II Holy Emperor of Morpokia, overlord of Portosi, Soverign of de la Porte and Ench

consider its proposal for the outcome of voting is option 2, there are still 6 days of voting, [OCC: I think I've surpassed the set duration]
when you finish voting, elect from among those who have proposed to take the crown of Iberia.

Thanks for your show of support at this difficult time of mourning

Signed:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Interior
Government Of Iberia
iberian history:

Crescellia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Crescellia » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:38 am

My personal opinion on the matter would be to follow the line of succession. There is clearly an Heir to the throne, as there are multiple Royal Houses and the like. However seeing as how I am not belonging to a monarchratic government, I am unsure of how proceedings go if there is no direct descendent.

Crescellia is a nation devoted to tradition, and we applaud the efforts Iberia is making to continue it's monarchy. However there are times when I think in order to continue a tradition, certain exceptions to rules must be made. For example, you state that public Opinion of the grandson is low due to disinterest in the nation. I suggest he be ignored like he ignored Iberia then. Do what makes the people happy, and do what is still right within the line of succession. Meaning, your General would not become King nor would any non-relative of the royal family, it makes no sense. As such, I recommend you look through the family tree and find the first closest descendent of the late King and decree he be made king, if public opinion favours, or is not opposed to such, proceed. Upholding the monarchy also involves keeping the people happy, as a monarchy can be toppled and destroyed in a few days if public opinion is bad.

/signed

ALuminus City Ambassadorial Palace.

DEFCON level;
1 2 3 4 5

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads