NATION

PASSWORD

The Mentors and Trainers Hub

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kagetora
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Milograd wrote:
Kagetora wrote:
I disagree based on the ruling that you can't RP as real life nations. The idea that they did exist ICly is accepted, but for them to exist in the present requires someone to role-play as them, which isn't allowed in II and NS.

If you're RPing with someone who RPs their nation as what is pretty much a carbon copy of an IRL nation, it is allowed iirc.

The stance I believe moderation has taken is identical in everything but name is fine. For instance Egypt could be changed to the Nile Republic and no one would bar an eyelid.
If you want help with something, simply send me a telegram. I'll do my best to respond intelligently, and if I can't I'll refer you to someone who can.
Caladan Imperium||Montgomery Broadcasting [EII]

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:54 pm

Tiami wrote:
-St George wrote:This entirely and completely.

For instance I largely RP in NSVerse as being the regions on the NSWorld map and some other regions (e.g., I hold land in Guanxi, which isn't on the NSWorld map but I consider it apart of my cannon and my NSVerse), archipelogoes and selected countries dependent on nations I'm rping with.

If I wish to join an rp that's largely based in RL geography then RP as either a merchantile empire in the Med or as a lolUK.

George, Guanxi no longer exist. The replacement region is Sondria.

Sondria is a separate region with a separate map.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

The UGFLSPN
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The UGFLSPN » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:40 am

Xiscapia wrote:-snip-

Alright Xiscapia, thanks! I shall TG you with my updates to the alliance thread.
United Galactic Federative League of Sovereign Planetary Nations
Come visit our capital of Megalopolis City, home to the Intergalactic Committee
Motto: “Follow The Law Of Spode, And All Shall Be Clear”
"We the UGFLSPN follow the one, true Philosophy of Faith! Woe be to those who do not share our beliefs in the teachings of Spode, for they are wrong in the face of all that is right. If you were to repent now and admit your wrongness, we the UGFLSPN may take mercy upon you and help you to see the way of the Rightness!"

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:36 am

The UGFLSPN wrote:
Xiscapia wrote:-snip-

Alright Xiscapia, thanks! I shall TG you with my updates to the alliance thread.

Alright then. I shall await your message!
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
The Kitsune Empire of Xiscapia's FT Factbook (V2.5)
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:22 am

I'm going to be revamping the Panelists in the upcoming days, since we've been having activity issues for the Trainers. As such, please wait until Monday for all responses.

Malaysii
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malaysii » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Jenrak wrote:I'm going to be revamping the Panelists in the upcoming days, since we've been having activity issues for the Trainers. As such, please wait until Monday for all responses.

Oh, good, hopefully my application will get the votes it needs so I can at least find out what happened.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:11 am

Regarding my application, I think this could be good for my resume.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:20 am

New Hayesalia wrote:Regarding my application, I think this could be good for my resume.

Hayesalia, it has been decided that the voting process will be done in the way as of such, that to be accepted as a trainer, one only is required to write up a post regarding a scenario, given by one of the Judge panel mentors/trainers.

We didn't ask for your resume, although it is indeed good that it is stickied (congratz on that by the way), but such is not required by us, and thus there's no need for you to post that suggestion..
Last edited by Yohannes on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:24 am

Yohannes wrote:
New Hayesalia wrote:Regarding my application, I think this could be good for my resume.

Hayesalia, it has been decided that the voting process will be done in the way as of such, that to be accepted as a trainer, one only is required to write up a post regarding a scenario, given by one of the Judge panel mentors/trainers.

We didn't ask for your resume, although it is indeed good that it is stickied (congratz on that by the way), but such is not required by us, and thus there's no need for you to post that suggestion..

Maybe I just want people to read it and love meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

But in all seriousness, I know it won't but I just felt like posting it out of schoolgirl giggliness.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:25 am

Malaysii wrote:
Jenrak wrote:I'm going to be revamping the Panelists in the upcoming days, since we've been having activity issues for the Trainers. As such, please wait until Monday for all responses.

Oh, good, hopefully my application will get the votes it needs so I can at least find out what happened.

When the time comes, the result will be announced, don't worry..

I myself have always voted on every single applicants so far, but i cannot demand the others to do the same, as real life will always be their priorities, in comparison to that of NS.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:26 am

New Hayesalia wrote:
Yohannes wrote:

But in all seriousness, I know it won't but I just felt like posting it out of schoolgirl giggliness.

Well, you're a boy and an air force cadet, and not a girl.

So toughen' up boy. ;)

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:31 am

Yohannes wrote:
New Hayesalia wrote:

So toughen' up boy. ;)

IIRC, you army folk don't seem to care much for the difference :P

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:57 am

New Hayesalia wrote:
Yohannes wrote:

So toughen' up boy. ;)

IIRC, you army folk don't seem to care much for the difference :P

Hey now. Not to threadjack, but you're not the only AF Cadet here. Now toughen up, and wait for recognition like we all do.
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:24 am

Your use of spoilers in this post is unnecessary. You want people to read the examples you posted there shouldn't be any reason they have to open up a spoiler to do so.

Spoilers in general are used far too often on NS and they serve little to no purpose. I strongly advise against them in good writing. Save them for NSG.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:40 pm

Layarteb wrote:

Your use of spoilers in this post is unnecessary. You want people to read the examples you posted there shouldn't be any reason they have to open up a spoiler to do so.

Spoilers in general are used far too often on NS and they serve little to no purpose. I strongly advise against them in good writing. Save them for NSG.

Spoilers are useful in some contexts, such as storefronts, though they do tend to get overused in II. Personally, the only thing I'd use them for in II is in an OOC note at the end, say to make it so that a large ORBAT doesn't take up a ton of space even though it's OOC.
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:24 pm

United Gordonopia wrote:
Layarteb wrote:

Spoilers are useful in some contexts, such as storefronts, though they do tend to get overused in II. Personally, the only thing I'd use them for in II is in an OOC note at the end, say to make it so that a large ORBAT doesn't take up a ton of space even though it's OOC.

It is really more of an OOC notice, and I'm trying to keep it uncluttered. Spoilers help that a bit.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Because it is an example of your main thesis in the first post and more than pertinent to your actual topic I'd said it is far from cluttered with that there. It's more of an eyesore in a spoiler than it serves to declutter the thread. Don't be afraid to display stuff. Clutter is nonsensical, this is far from that.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Beldonia
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:53 pm

I asked for a new scenario to reapply for trainer, but no one got back to me.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Layarteb wrote:Because it is an example of your main thesis in the first post and more than pertinent to your actual topic I'd said it is far from cluttered with that there. It's more of an eyesore in a spoiler than it serves to declutter the thread. Don't be afraid to display stuff. Clutter is nonsensical, this is far from that.

It's quite large though, and I don't think it would add as much to the first post if it was let free. Too large. There's a reason I use a fair few spoilers, it means I'm protecting you from this:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN- LONG LIVE NEW HAYESALIA.
COMPATIENS, LIBERA, ET CONTUMAX
SUBJECT-QUOTE

To
Signed,
Queen Olivia Granville I,
Queen of New Hayesalia,

Transcribed for and signed on behalf of,
Daniel Hayes,
Prime Minister of New Hayesalia,

Signed,
Anthony Scapalotti,
Deputy Prime Minister of New Hayesalia,

By the way, you guys like the coat of arms?

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:43 pm

That seems rather excessive -- do you really need all of those pictures?
Retired

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Milograd wrote:That seems rather excessive -- do you really need all of those pictures?

I usually get rid of two of the people, except in really major events.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:50 pm

New Hayesalia wrote:
Milograd wrote:That seems rather excessive -- do you really need all of those pictures?

Why would they put pictures of themselves in an official communique? No government does that, and it serves no purpose to begin with.

I recommend not posting them at all.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:33 am

Santheres wrote:
New Hayesalia wrote:

Why would they put pictures of themselves in an official communique? No government does that, and it serves no purpose to begin with.

I disagree with that. It helps to give an idea of the faces of people who are, by and large for those major events, hostile. If somebody wants to describe the PM or Queen, that's gonna be a good way to check. That's why I spoiler it.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:51 am

@ NH actually that is great stuff in there, no reason to hide it at all.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Kagetora
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:46 am

New Hayesalia wrote:
Santheres wrote:

I disagree with that. It helps to give an idea of the faces of people who are, by and large for those major events, hostile. If somebody wants to describe the PM or Queen, that's gonna be a good way to check. That's why I spoiler it.

Agree with Santh actually. That type of thing belongs in a factbook, not a communique.
If you want help with something, simply send me a telegram. I'll do my best to respond intelligently, and if I can't I'll refer you to someone who can.
Caladan Imperium||Montgomery Broadcasting [EII]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents