NATION

PASSWORD

The Mentors and Trainers Hub

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:34 am

Damn it, everyone gets there before I do >.>

I'll pitch in and help George, if you ever get strapped for time ;)
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Graditora
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:28 pm

-St George wrote:
Graditora wrote:Can someone teach me and give me some tips on how to 'improve' my Rping. I feel that it's lacking when I read it myself and down right dumb. I forsake the day when I learned Rping from a chat room. :(

Pop me a tg if you want, although it's currently 4 am so I might get back to you for a while.

Any questions, queries whatever.

Sorry but Milograd kinda already helped me...kind of.
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7
Pronounced: "Grah-deh-tor-ah" | Now with a wiki!
Luziyca wrote:You were the one responsible for the Second Amendment.

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Ea90 wrote:Someone knows what they want.

Romberg wrote:You do not mess with the nation with a scorpion on its flag.

Descedant of George Reed. Delaware signer of the Deceleration of Independence.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:51 pm

Graditora wrote:
-St George wrote:Pop me a tg if you want, although it's currently 4 am so I might get back to you for a while.

Yeah sorry about that, I was on a phone when I wrote that. ¬¬

I'll be happy to send you a more detailed telegram, although to be quite honest I prefer talking to people on #NSMentors on esper.net IRC.
Retired

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Graditora wrote:
-St George wrote:Pop me a tg if you want, although it's currently 4 am so I might get back to you for a while.

Foiled again!
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:57 pm

-St George wrote:
Graditora wrote:Sorry but Milograd kinda already helped me...kind of.

Foiled again!

You think you've been foiled... >.>

*notes that he must be quicker in getting to requests before others.*
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:03 pm

lol guys but I'll go with Milograd for now but I have to let my lil bro on k
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:47 am

I figured I might give it a go. Apologies about not being able to give you Times New Roman, but I assure you that was written in one page, Times, single space, 12-point. Like a boss. Thanks for reading, anyways.

The Purple Project: New Hayesalia’s Application to NSTrainers

I’VE BEEN RPing on this lovely site since about late 2009. While the thread no longer exists, my first adventures into this wonderful world of writing started in the Israelite Conflict, where New Hayesalia provided naval air power for Quendi forces in the area. It was something that got me hooked.

I’ve done a lot in my time here. I’ve made a lot of amazing friends, been part of great RP’s, established my nation as a real military and political power, develop my writing skills and enjoy my time here. My most recent RP post compared to my first one is simple. 1,088 words to 6. I am a recipient of a scholarship in a private school in Queensland, and while I may be an average maths student I scored in the top 90% for creative writing in the entire nation.

Having recently written a guide on Acquisition Funding and Deliveries on GE&T, as well as a variety of other threads including two businesses and managing a third while the owner is absent, a terrorist attack, and training soldiers in Lubyak, I thought to myself. How can I test myself? Many times people have come to me for assistance and many times they have left with more knowledge than they had before. I believe that I am a role-player of consistently high standard which is constantly improving alongside the NS Community.

While I have made mistakes in my RPing and occasionally RP etiquette, my record is by all accounts clean of major RP injustices. Recently I have been discussing RPing with GEIJD and Kalaspia-Shimarata and helping them in their RPs, to develop this community and to give myself a mental reprieve from those RP issues from before; I am a believer in karma. I regard myself a an avid aviator and a go-to guy for all things flying and my RPs in aviation have included the Sky Pirates stunt group, aerial dogfighting and the Chyek Incident. That isn’t to say I can’t back it up with other skills.

I believe that my next stepping stone in my personal development is applying to NSTrainers, and perhaps one day Mentor if my schedule allows. I believe that I would make a great addition to the NSTrainers team, and I hope that it’s a view that can be shared by the panel judges. I have almost 4,000 posts to my name and the claim of experience since 2009. This is something I can do, and something I hope that the panel also thinks I can do. Thank you for your time.
DAN “PURPLE” HAYES,
NEW HAYESALIA

Vetok
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vetok » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:38 am

Okay, decided that it was time I try and apply to be a Trainer, since I believe I'm a decent RP'er, (of course I could be wrong), and I want to have a go at helping others learn from mistakes I've made and observed over my near-two years here on NS.

The Trainer I TG'ed for the scenario was Rethan, who graciously supplied me with the following scenario for an MT tech level;
"Your head of state is attending a charity ball in your state capitol, but rumours of an assassination plot have his/her security on edge. As your leader takes to the main stage to deliver a speech, your security are on high alert. Roleplay from this point."

The following is my post, which was typed in Size 12 New Roman with single-spacing, as per the requirements.

“I’m not happy with this, Deacon.” The tall gaunt-faced man turned his head to look down at the speaker. “I am aware of that, Knight. But the Imperator was most insistent on continuing on with tonight’s event.” The smaller man just looked away, a barely-concealed look of unhappiness on his features. They looked on as the venerable man ascended the stage. As the central guest of honour at the annual dinner of the Central Municipality’s chapter of the People against Aggression Association, the Imperator was to give a speech detailing his personal efforts to stamp out aggression. The recent conflict against the UFA was to be mentioned in it.

The two members of the Order of Dellacore looked on as the Imperator began to speak. “For the many years I have served as leader of this fine nation, I have seen unspeakable cruelty. Nation toils against nation for land, resources, or the egos of weak despots; man fights his fellow man for pleasure, for the sake of the thrill to kill. Aggression is however, not just a physical thing. It is a psychological phenomenon, such as the Anglish oppression of their innocents for being poor.” The Deacon tuned out the words. Sanders normally had no problem with the leader of Vetok doing as he pleased, but the rumours amongst the National Investigative Service and the intelligence organs of Vetok had surfaced of a rogue theist sympathiser to the Anglish Kingdom which had recently been attacked by the IAT for their introduction of a form of slavery.

The Order, as a paramilitary force did not have quite the resources of the NIA when it came to checking the background of the attendees at the event, and had compensated with the thorough saturation of the place with highly visible Knights and Acolytes, clad in the white and crimson robes they normally wore for everyday use, formidable submachine guns and pistols holstered for everyone to see. Each one was hooded, eyes scanning the crowd beneath their rims. Sanders checked his watch discreetly. Another ten minutes and they’d be able to surround the Imperator in a ring of flesh as they transported him back to the secure haven of the Palace.

He felt the Knight next to him tap him. “Sir,” the other murmured. “That man over there, near the pillar. He’s...out of place.” The Deacon looked at him questioningly. “Look at him sir. He’s not serving anything, nor is he in uniform. His suit is rather shabby compared to everyone else and he’s not even having a drink. And his eyes, looking at the Imperator. Those are hunter’s eyes, undoubtedly.”
The Deacon grinned, a predator-like expression. “Then let’s make the hunter become the hunted.” A few brief words into a microphone had the nearest four Knights move closer to the man, hands just edging towards their holsters. The man seemed fixated on the Imperator so much he didn’t even seem to notice them, until that little paranoid warning sense humans retained from their long-distant hunter-gatherer ancestors went off in his head. He blinked, looking to his left and seeing the Knight walk towards him. His head snapped in the other direction, seeing another two.

His hands were squeezed into the pockets of his suit-jacket, and he pulled them out quickly. One hand held a snub-pistol, an assassin’s weapon, while the other seemed to be clenched around a tube. The nearby Knights quickly pulled their weapons, firing without hesitation as the man’s murderous purpose was revealed. He fell to his knees, the bullets tearing into him. The assassin’s hand spasmed as he died, the pistol banging and dropping one Knight with a wounded shoulder as the crowd broke into a panic. Then the other hand dropped open as he slumped forward, and the detonator’s trigger released.

As far as extra notes go, I unfortunately had to delete some text as it just pushed me over the one-page limit. I've also chosen to leave formatting out, since it shouldn't really affect the substance of the post which is what counts for this instance.

EDIT; It is my intention to leave this post a cliff-hanger, since I believed it more dramatic and for the aforementioned space or lack of reason above.
Last edited by Vetok on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:40 pm

@nh: did you even bother to read the process for applying to the trainers before throwing out your list of credentials? Its not about how many "qualifications" you have, or what "percentile of writing" you're in (though you seem to have made a mistake, since top 90% would imply you're only better than 1 in 10 people). You need to contact someone on a screening panel and receive a prompt for a post. That will be taken in mind along with your reputation and perceived helpfulness on the site, and your app will be voted on.

Note: i apologize for the poor post, i'm making this from an ipod touch...
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:45 pm

United Gordonopia wrote:@nh: did you even bother to read the process for applying to the trainers before throwing out your list of credentials? Its not about how many "qualifications" you have, or what "percentile of writing" you're in (though you seem to have made a mistake, since top 90% would imply you're only better than 1 in 10 people). You need to contact someone on a screening panel and receive a prompt for a post. That will be taken in mind along with your reputation and perceived helpfulness on the site, and your app will be voted on.

Note: i apologize for the poor post, i'm making this from an ipod touch...

I got one from Yohannes after I posted that. I'll be posting in a little bit.

Alexiandra
Senator

Founded: Feb 04, 2010

Postby Alexiandra » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:29 pm

OOC: Well here it is, the application you've all been waiting for. Or maybe not. :p The scenario was given to me by Yohannes, and it's basically about a pregnant woman whose husband is departing for a war theatre the next day after signing up for the reserves a few years previously. This isn't my kind of RP...so take that into account when judging it.

War

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains victory." - General George S. Patton.

5AM
Smith Household
Rural North Alexiandra.

Tomorrow. It seemed a world away, but to my heart beating inside my chest, and to my husband, preparing to go to war, every second was an agonizing reminder of what was to come. I clambered slowly out of the bed, my agility deadened considerably by the baby - my husband's baby - that I carried in my womb. The rising sun peeked gently through the blinds, ushering in powerful beams of light which illuminated the bedroom. Paul was beside me, his sleeping form unmoving and still. The previous day, we had been informed via government postal service that he was to be mobilized and sent to Harvia, the war torn Alexiandran colony, due to him being a part of the Army Reserve Corps. When Paul had signed up for the reserves, it had seemed like a good idea at first. He learned useful survival tactics, brutal combat methods, was kept constantly fit at the army's gym south of town, and all the while money was rolling into the bank. But as the march of time proceeded unrelenting, I realised how fragile our position was. If a major war kicked off, I knew, Paul would be pulled from under our burgeoning young family. I shook my melancholy thoughts out of my head for a while, and began my descent on the narrow, creaking staircase. The house was a lot better than when we'd bought it - largely thanks to our own DIY skills - but a few features still needed changing. I just hoped my husband would be back to change them. If he was killed in action, I'd be left alone, stranded, in a large house with no upkeep - and with a baby to care for. Again, I reminded myself to keep these depressing thoughts out of my head as I opened the door to the living room. Flicking on our newly-purchased television, the first sight that greeted me was what I least wanted to see. Fires, demonic fires, blazing amidst gunfire, missile strikes and vicious, unrestrained infantry warfare. I closed my eyes for a second, imagining my husband in those conditions. Doing so sent a chill down my spine, and I was quick to open my lids again. The freshly-painted walls, only layered yesterday, still smelled strongly of their coating. The kitchen, which had been slowly furnished piecemeal over the past few months, was to my left. I turned off the TV, unable to watch the unholiness of war any longer. As I did so, a line from an old school poem rang clear as day through my troubled, dark mind. "Was it for this the clay grew tall?" it pondered. Slowly, I remembered that the title of the poem was Futility, and it was written by Wilfred Owen, a conscripted soldier much like Paul. He was killed in action...

The morning wore on, and my husband woke at about eight o'clock, all smiles. With a few quick reassurances and after gulping down his cereal, he went for his morning jog. It suddenly struck me how much the families of soldiers suffer - they probably worried more than the man in question did. But that was the overall function of a family - caring for one another. I just hoped Paul had friends, comrades, brothers in arms, who'd care just as much as I did. If he did, there was nothing for me to worry about. This whole insurgency was a pain anyway. It had been bubbling under the surface of Alexiandran politics for years, its growing nationalist sentiment passing unnoticed into the halls of history. Then frighteningly quickly, almost every civilian on Harvia was either dead or missing. The eradication began with a huge armed uprising in the capital city of the island, Elequia, and quickly expanded to encompass the whole place. A massive spate of gun attacks prompted a full blockade by Alexiandran naval units, followed by a devastating attack by the marines. The fighting had been some of the fiercest in the Republic's history, with soldiers fighting and dying over a few metres of shell-blasted earth. In the end, the bravery, skill and training of the Alexiandrans fully overwhelmed the rebels, putting an end to the insurgency once and for all - or so everyone thought. A few months later, the rebellion erupted into life again, dragging the whole Alexiandran nation into a costly, time-wasting war. This was what my husband was walking into...a pointless insurgency in the middle of nowhere, in which thousands had already perished. If he died there, would anyone other than me even remember him? Would he die in vain? Would he fall to some worthless sniper wielding a cheap weapon from another part of the region? I didn't even know. It was pointless to keep worrying, I told myself. But still, the fires of war burned to the south - and into them, the men of Alexiandra would stride undaunted. It was their families who would suffer the most, made to stay behind as their beloved went through as hellish an experience as one could dream of - war.
'A distinction is made in private life between what a man thinks and says of himself and what he really is and does. In historical struggles one must make a still sharper distinction between the phrases and fantasies of the parties and their real organisation and real interests, between their conception of themselves and what they really are.'

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:54 pm

Scenario: modern-technology

A young man has been forcefully enlisted to serve within the New Hayesalian Army, by next year. He will have to leave his loving mother (his father has passed away), girlfriend and close-knit of friends.

Show this conflicting feeling of his upon the moment that the local army enlistment officer announce his entry into the army next year.

Names are of your own choosing, etc. Emphasise on his feeling is essential.

The Purple Project: Phase 2

The New Hayesalian Army. Every year we’d go watch them parade in Jembeam. My dad used to march with them. He was a reserve officer until he retired at age 65. His long service medal was something he wore proudly. And when I told him I wanted to try and make it as a musician in Oppentin, he laughed in my face and called me a “fucking coward.” I was ashamed. So ashamed that one night when I found the paperwork to apply rolled up in my bed I didn’t think about signing it.

So here I was. A 19 year old small fish in a big, big pond. I’d had problems with authority and my education had been less than average to say the least. I’d lived in this tiny town of about 9,000 all my life. I’d never stepped foot outside the province. Dad said he was proud when he heard I’d be joining infantry. He was lying. I could see it in his eyes.

The next day was a Saturday. That’s when the ratpack, as we called them, gathered down at the “Salashacka” for burgers and to plan our weeks together. I had to tell them something else, something that could rattle them. And it did. Four words have never had so much effect in my life. “I’m joining the Army. Try to stick together. This is it, guys. It's been a lot of fun and I honestly wish you all the best of luck.”

The hardest part was just that; telling Lucy. She didn’t want to hear it. That was a week ago. I’m single now. I couldn’t take any extra baggage now. Probably shouldn’t have said that.

The plane ride was fine; bluWave was always outperforming itself. The bus ride at 10 pm? Horrifying. I saw people who could have been surgeons break down and start biting their fingernails. I don’t remember what I did. I think I just at there in silent fear. We’d seen so much stuff from foreign movies, so we thought there would be a sort of “sir yes sir” mentality to the whole thing. Did they do that?

Entry to the base was the pinnacle of fear. Armed guards with what I knew were Ripper Assault Rifles were standing, checking over cars as they entered, as well as our bus. And we all made it through. Here we were, Jembeam Army Base. Soldiers, sailors and airmen flew past; marching or walking. It was a fairly regular place, actually.

And then we saw the drill sergeant. We didn’t know that he was by rank, but we knew from his aura, a sort of shrouding black cloud. We knew to be worrisome, but then there was th suprise. The only words he spoke? “Get off the bus for processing, door to the left, then sleep.” Basic training sure as hell hadn’t started yet. But when it did, I hoped I’d be ready.

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:52 am

Yohannes, why do all of your scenarios involve emotions and feelings? D:<

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:55 am

Milograd wrote:Yohannes, why do all of your scenarios involve emotions and feelings? D:<

It was problematic, my soldiers don't need feelings :P

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:28 pm

Milograd wrote:Yohannes, why do all of your scenarios involve emotions and feelings? D:<

lol :rofl:
The Shadow of F7

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:34 pm

From Yohannes:

A young man has been forcefully enlisted to serve within the New Hayesalian Army, by next year. He will have to leave his loving mother (his father has passed away), girlfriend and close-knit of friends.

Show this conflicting feeling of his upon the moment that the local army enlistment officer announce his entry into the army next year.

From Yohannes:

Scenario technology: modern technology (MT)
Scenario base: You are a middle-aged infantry personnel, with two young babies and a loving wife constantly worrying about your safety within the battlefront.

A medical specialist personnel within your formation has been injured, and you are left with a choice of coming to his aid, with more than a 75% chance of being KIA (killed-in-action) as a result, and having the prospect of never seeing your dearest, love one ever again.

Love or honour.

From Yohannes.
Scenario: Modern technology (MT)
Scenario base: You have lost your dearest wife, loving children.. and in the process everything that you've ever love within your heart, to this man in front of you, standing and cowering in fear.

You are a part of a special service agency, and your job is to ensure that this criminal in front of you face justice itself, constitutionally.

Your hand is sweating coldly like no other, trying not to pull the trigger towards this man, which is the sole reason you've lost your dearest family.. and future of a loving life itself.

Origin of Scenario: Yohannes
Scenario: You're in a critical situation whereby the protagonist of the plot, a captain authorised with the safety of the whole battleship crews' safety, has had to choose between looking for his dear wife (who are on the ship, and who he loves dearly, dearly much), and that of staying on the bridge of the spaceship, leading and showing confidence despite all the crisis which might befall the battleship.

The battleship (a space battleship) will soon crash upon a planet which, for easiness sake shall we say, do have the ability to absorb anything which touch its outermost atmosphere layer into... oblivion.

The protagonist, a middle man with a loving wife and one young daughter (staying on earth), has had to choose between staying at the bridge and being the leader that he is in front of his bridge's crew, and that of the one which he loves so dearly.

Is anyone else seeing the pattern? D:<

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Methinks somebody is ronery.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Milograd wrote:
From Yohannes:

From Yohannes:

Scenario technology: modern technology (MT)
Scenario base: You are a middle-aged infantry personnel, with two young babies and a loving wife constantly worrying about your safety within the battlefront.

A medical specialist personnel within your formation has been injured, and you are left with a choice of coming to his aid, with more than a 75% chance of being KIA (killed-in-action) as a result, and having the prospect of never seeing your dearest, love one ever again.

Love or honour.

From Yohannes.
Scenario: Modern technology (MT)
Scenario base: You have lost your dearest wife, loving children.. and in the process everything that you've ever love within your heart, to this man in front of you, standing and cowering in fear.

You are a part of a special service agency, and your job is to ensure that this criminal in front of you face justice itself, constitutionally.

Your hand is sweating coldly like no other, trying not to pull the trigger towards this man, which is the sole reason you've lost your dearest family.. and future of a loving life itself.

Origin of Scenario: Yohannes
Scenario: You're in a critical situation whereby the protagonist of the plot, a captain authorised with the safety of the whole battleship crews' safety, has had to choose between looking for his dear wife (who are on the ship, and who he loves dearly, dearly much), and that of staying on the bridge of the spaceship, leading and showing confidence despite all the crisis which might befall the battleship.

The battleship (a space battleship) will soon crash upon a planet which, for easiness sake shall we say, do have the ability to absorb anything which touch its outermost atmosphere layer into... oblivion.

The protagonist, a middle man with a loving wife and one young daughter (staying on earth), has had to choose between staying at the bridge and being the leader that he is in front of his bridge's crew, and that of the one which he loves so dearly.

They're all from the same person!

Who is this 'Yohannes'?

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:46 pm

Anemos Major wrote:
Milograd wrote:

Who is this 'Yohannes'?

Some master at manipulation, of course!
I FIGURED IT OUT! Yohannes is a puppet of them!
Last edited by Shanix on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

Of The Arch ilands
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Application

Postby Of The Arch ilands » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:32 pm

The Immortal Pathogen of Rethan (6 hours ago)

This scenario is MT. If you want another time period, lemme know.

"An unexpected level of snowfall has hit your nation, and has caused havoc on your roadways and so forth. Roleplay your nation's actions to alleviate the effects of the snow."

Granger stood looking out of his office window, watching as the white flakes of snow almost completely whited out his vision of Illania, the snow had been falling almost none stop for two weeks strait. Most of the country had ground to a halt and all of the attempts so far to do anything about it had failed.

“Snow continues to blanket the Confederacy as the countries roads grind to a halt once more.” The female voice of the Channel 17 news reporter Helen Marshall. “And Meteorologists predict that more is to be expected over the next week, the recent snow storms are the worst in the Confederacies recorded history. Many people are bunkering down in their homes hoping for the best whilst the government tries its best to tackle the difficult situation.”

Granger sighed, with the world’s economy as dire as they are freak happenings that locked down the country where potentially hazardous to the economy. The Confederacy had narrowly avoided recession several months ago through the fast actions of the Senate, but the freak snow storm’s where steering them right back into that abyss they had been struggling to stay out of.

Turning Granger looked to the two men and one woman sat in in the chairs next to his desk all were watching the news reporter. Taking the control he muted the wide screen TV and sat at his desk. “so ladies and gentlemen what’s the progress report?”

There was a brief pause of silence before Andy Maclhorne Chief of Civil Engineering spoke. “Well we now have every Snowplough out in force with round the clock shifts, alot of the local farmers have offered there services as well, and from reports have been clearing the minor roads around their areas. The first shipments of extra grit have finally come in and are being distributed around the country; we are predicting the Major cities and towns should have pretty normal road conditions by the end of this week despite the continuing snow fall.”

Granger nodded “Well done, hopefully it will have people back at work within the next couple of days it’s vital that we get the economy rolling again. Mary please tell me we have some modicum of public transport running?” Granger literally looked as if he was about pull his hair out, despite the roads being closed Public transport and the railways had been shut down due to the heavy snow fall also.

Mary cleared her throat, and leant forward. “Rail services are returning finally we have the main lines open, as of yesterday Thanks to the valiant efforts of the NorthWest Rail Services running specialised rail cleaners over the rails ever day to keep them free of snow. Intercity busses are still a no go im afraid.”

Granger seemed to relax a little the main Rail lines would at least help the country get moving if only at a crawl but it was something. “Okay, well with more snow expected We need to up the anty here I want every vehicle capable of fielding a plough on the roads, Call in the Territorial Army and the Regulars if you have to We need to get this country moving!”

Additional Notes:

Microsoft word 2010 doesnt have New Times Roman so this post was written in Calibri size 12 instead.
Last edited by Of The Arch ilands on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederacy of the Arch Islands Factbook|Confederacy of the arch Planets Factbook (FT)|Military Factbook (MT)|Arch's Random Species Generator (FT)

Xiscapia wrote:In Soviet Archland, OH SHIT FRANK IS BEHIND YOU!

18:47 Urarailgun In heaven the cooks are Archian, the engineers are Urarailian, the lovers are Delemontian, and the police are Britannian. In hell the cooks are Britannian, the engineers are Delemontian, the lovers are Archian, and the police are Urarailian

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Microsoft word 2010 doesnt have New Times Roman so this post was written in Calibri size 12 instead.

Malaysii
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malaysii » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Of The Arch ilands wrote:Additional Notes:

I believe it does, but under the name of Times New Roman, not New Times Roman.

Sorry for the random post everyone. :p

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Malaysii wrote:
Of The Arch ilands wrote:Additional Notes:

I believe it does, but under the name of Times New Roman, not New Times Roman.

Sorry for the random post everyone. :p

It's...always...been...Times New Roman...

Of The Arch ilands wrote:Microsoft word 2010 doesnt have New Times Roman so this post was written in Calibri size 12 instead.

....I'm at a loss of words right now for how technologically impaired you appear to be (No offense, seriously, I mean no offense at this)
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

Diol
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Diol » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:48 pm

At the moment, the voices in my head are telling me to volunteer to be a trainer.

As the voices in my head always know what is right, I would like to volunteer to become an ns trainer so I can brainw...oh, I mean, help new members.
the silver isles
An up and comming rp region with an active community!
I rp as the united vakali empire in all techs
Proud slaver state. All arguments accepted and answered.
Note: I am blind. Expect terrible grammar, as it is hard to skim posts with screen reader.

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Shanix wrote:
Anemos Major wrote:

Who is this 'Yohannes'?

Some master at manipulation, of course!
I FIGURED IT OUT! Yohannes is a puppet of them!

:shock: how comes when I click the link it sends me to my page?!
The Shadow of F7

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents