NATION

PASSWORD

Coming up Elections for Wonderful Paradise (Citizens only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Who Do You Think Will Win?

Ovlov United
45%
Butmanlands
55%

Total votes : 20

Demphor
Senator

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Coming up Elections for Wonderful Paradise (Citizens only)

Postby Demphor » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Well, the time has come again for elections in Wonderful Paradise, and the current Delegate, Demphor, has announced that it will not be running in the elections.

The Democratic Republic of Ovlov United

A former delegate and WA member

The Colony of Butmanlands

A WA member

Free Peoples Cheese has droped out of elections.

The first of the candidate ads was broadcasted by Butmanlands 30 min. ago.
Elect The Colony of Butmanlands as your regional delegate and get 100%free and 100% reliable protection around the clock. All thanks to me not having anything to do for my entire summer but play NS. Butmanlands, because we WON'T leave up a creek without a founder/delegate!

The public nor the other candidates have not reacted, nor have launch counter ads, no campaign speeches have been broadcasted yet.

Broadcasted 9:14 pm, and Brought to you by LIFE NEWS NETWORK, CHANNEL 9

OOC: Candidates may feel free to broadcast ads here.
Last edited by Demphor on Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Get money out of politics, join Wolf PAC
iiWikiNational Anthem of Demphor
“When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?"
~ John Maynard Keynes

Butmanlands
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Butmanlands » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:27 am

Are you tired of freaking out every time Demphor is away and a new nation joins? Well, with me as delegate you can sleep easy knowing that I will assure our regions safety and protect our freedom from the invasion groups that may be threatening us. butmanlands, the reliable Delegate!
---
Funded by the Butmanlands for Delegate agency.
Last edited by Butmanlands on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wonderful Paradise
http://ns-butmanland.wikispaces.com/ - my wiki!
April Fool's Jokes, Click here!
Elect me as delegate of Wonderful Paradise!!!! my Sig dump!
Need help on your RP char?
Salzland wrote:Disclaimer: I am not counting Maxtopia or any of Max Barry's accounts, because obviously the person who pays the bills for this site can do whatever he wants. I suppose, then, that whichever account Max Barry is using would qualify as NationStates' only superpower.
JJ Place wrote:Being killed by the super-laser of a moon-sized Imperial military battlestation does not allow you to look for a new homeworld. It makes you dead.

Butmanlands
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Butmanlands » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:29 am

•July 10th, 2010, Region Founded, Ovlov United becomes Delegate

July 23rd, 2010, Region Raided

July 25th, 2010, Region Retaken, Free Peoples Cheese becomes delegate,

August 13th, 2010, Region Raided

September 10th, 2010, Elections Held, Demphor becomes delegate

September 29th, 2010, Government Collapses

October 16th, 2010, Region Raided

October 20th, 2010, Region Liberated

October 25th, 2010, Region Raided,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rather speaks for itself doesn't it.
Vote for butmanlands, the reliable delegate.
Last edited by Butmanlands on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderful Paradise
Salzland wrote:Disclaimer: I am not counting Maxtopia or any of Max Barry's accounts, because obviously the person who pays the bills for this site can do whatever he wants. I suppose, then, that whichever account Max Barry is using would qualify as NationStates' only superpower.
JJ Place wrote:Being killed by the super-laser of a moon-sized Imperial military battlestation does not allow you to look for a new homeworld. It makes you dead.

Ovlov United
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovlov United » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:00 am

Did you Andrei Helchstein has been president of Ovlov United for 19 years, longer than any other leader in the region?
Did you know is approval rate is 77%?
Did you know he is in alliances with some of the strongest nations in the world?
Did you know he is running for president of Wonderful Paradise?
VOTE FOR HIM!
Helchstein 1962

Butmanlands
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Butmanlands » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Vote Butmanlands, because you matter to me.

Butmanlands believes in peace, protection and freedom all around. Vote Butmanlands, the reliable delegate!

Did you know that of all 5 royal houses the house of David has been in power for almost 150 years? We also have embessies with many regions. Vote Butmanlands
Last edited by Butmanlands on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderful Paradise

Ovlov United
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovlov United » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:02 pm

-Andrei Helchstein was previously delegate of Wonderful Paradise for 6 months before leaving to join the Mega Region.
-The Ovlovian Empire contains over 13 billion citizens, all overseen by Helchstein with an approval rate of 68% spread across all 7 nations.
-He has leadership in his blood-his father Vladimir was the leader of Ovlov United for 37 years before Helchstein won the 1992 emergency election.
-Ovlovian government relies heavily on education, law & order, administration and defense.
-Ovlov United is very politically free, has very compassionate and nice citizens, is very religious, and is in possession a regional relic, the gray easter egg which was discovered during an archaeological dig ordered by Helchstein in 2003.

-His favorite song is the Wonderful Paradise National Anthem. What does that say about him? Pretty much everything you need to hear in order to vote for him this coming election. HELCHSTEIN 1962.

Oh and by the way, Butmanlands has no experience as a delegate, but both other candidates do.

PAID FOR BY THE OVLOVIAN & DEMPHORIAN GOVERNMENT (AND THE WONDERFUL PARADISE TELEVISION NETWORK

Butmanlands
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Butmanlands » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:03 am

Historic records show that Wonderful paradise was raided 13 days after Ovlov became delegate.
Vote Butmanlands, the reliable delegate.
Wonderful Paradise

Butmanlands
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Butmanlands » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:12 am

Sundays WA poll has shown that my main nation of butmanland has the least weapons on the streets. My nation also has no crime. Vote butmanlands, the safe, democratic and reliable delegate.
PS: Does anybody find it strange that the candidate Demphor wants is winning. :shock:
Wonderful Paradise

Demphor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Demphor » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:20 am

Butmanlands has been promising great foreign policy and protection of our region. But is he ready to lead?

Despite promises, Butmanlands received last in the region for most World Assembly endorsements, with only 1.

Prime Minister Alfred Dormor said,
His foreign policies show improvement, but he leaves Domestic policies and problems back home with 0% protection

According to NS Economy, the economy is in dire help, and you want the budget to be spent on foreign policy?

Andrei Helchstein understands these problems, he promises to improve wages for the average worker, provide Medicare, research in education, promises to open foreign trade, create more embassies, and get Congress up and running again.

Vote Helchstein '62

Make the right decision.
Last edited by Demphor on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ John Maynard Keynes

Butmanlands
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Butmanlands » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:27 am

My policys show a clear way that we can increase jobs, the econemy, our regional influence and our planets health at the same time. And i do have more endorsements than some people.
Last edited by Butmanlands on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderful Paradise

The Sovietyeto
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sovietyeto » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:28 am

Butmanlands
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Butmanlands » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:37 am

OOC- please, you are not a part of WP.
IC- Here is a list of goals that I will achive as delegate
Give everyone a voice in WA votes

Protect our region from spies and invaders

Establish a strong government to improve the lives of all

spread word of our mighty region to promote natives

Invite new members to our region

spread the power equally, as to ensure that no one nation rules all

Increase funding to public schools, as the youth of today are our future

Pass laws to help protect nature

Start a international organization to promote aid to countries in need

Improve the lives of all people by creating jobs

Stop inflation caused by the poor judgment of my predecessors
Vote Butmanlands, the reliable delegate!!
Wonderful Paradise

Demphor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Demphor » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:40 am

Tax Assessment Frrom NS Economy and Sunset Tracker:

Ovlov United
:
Exchange Rate: 1.4082 cusoes = $1
Gross Domestic Product: $30,098,797,528,074.22
GDP Per Capita: $13,582.49
Unemployment Rate: 6.56%
Consumption: $9,547,591,680,000.00
Government Budget: $22,069,258,168,320.00
Government Expenditures: $20,303,717,514,854.40
Goverment Waste: $1,765,540,653,465.60
Exports: $3,905,737,009,059.82
Imports: $3,658,248,675,840.00
Trade Surplus: $247,488,333,219.82
Government Efficiency: 96%

Butmanlands:
Exchange Rate: 1.4529 wings = $1
Gross Domestic Product: $27,994,353,693,583.17
GDP Per Capita: $12,759.50
Unemployment Rate: 6.94%
Consumption: $4,138,267,950,000.00
Government Budget: $25,200,534,450,585.00
Government Expenditures: $23,688,502,383,549.90
Goverment Waste: $1,512,032,067,035.10
Exports: $3,611,490,579,532.03
Imports: $3,443,907,219,498.75
Trade Surplus: $167,583,360,033.28
Government Efficiency: 94%
-----------------

MORE TRADE SURPLUS WITH OVLOV UNITED
LESS TRADE SURPLUS WITH BUTMANLANDS

LESS UNEMPLOYMENT RATES WITH OVLOV UNITED
MORE UNEMPLOYMENT RATES WITH BUTMANLANDS

Higher Government Efficiency Rates with Ovlov United
Lower Government Efficiency Rates with Butmanlands

Make the right decision at the polls on Wednesday, Vote Helchstein '62
Last edited by Demphor on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ John Maynard Keynes

The South Sudanese Republic
Civilian

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Sudanese Republic » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:05 am

Butmanlands wrote:Sundays WA poll has shown that my main nation of butmanland has the least weapons on the streets. My nation also has no crime. Vote butmanlands, the safe, democratic and reliable delegate.
PS: Does anybody find it strange that the candidate Demphor wants is winning. :shock:

im not a puppet of demphor and I voted for helchstien what do you say to that? :eyebrow:

Ovlov United
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovlov United » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:13 pm

@South Sudanese Republic
Thank you for not listening to Mr. Cheater over there.

List of former and current WP delegates:
Ovlov United
FPC
Demphor
-------------------------------------------
Notice how Butmanland has never been delegate of the region, or any other region for that matter? When we started this region and it got raided, we had been playing the game for a month. Half of us didn't even know what raiding was at the time. Butmanlands is a puppet nation, and his main nation, ButmanLAND, has insulted mods, attacked previous delegate's policies, and has previously made an enemy of most nations in the region. Is this the nation you want overseeing our peaceful land?

VOTE ANDREI HELCHSTEIN FOR PRESIDENT, 1962
Last edited by Ovlov United on Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ovlov United
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovlov United » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Butmanlands is also in the top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates. Not the government you want ruling an entire region, if I do say so myself.

Ovlov United
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovlov United » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Butmanlands is practically CHEATING by creating a fake conspiracy.

PS does anybody find it strange that the candidate Demphor wants is winning. :shock:

Also, he is a puppet nation, which may actually count him ineligible to rule the region, but I'm not sure yet.

Do you want this nation ruling the region?

VOTE HELCHSTEIN THIS YEAR
Last edited by Ovlov United on Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Butmanlands
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Butmanlands » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:42 pm

I was not creating anything, i was saying that demp is the delegate and founder so people might vote for him because of that. I have not insulted mods I do not remember cheating.
Wonderful Paradise

Butmanlands
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Butmanlands » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:43 pm

The South Sudanese Republic wrote:im not a puppet of demphor and I voted for helchstien what do you say to that? :eyebrow:

I was asking, not accusing you.
Wonderful Paradise

Ovlov United
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovlov United » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:41 pm

Butmanlands, how can you not remember when Crazy Girl became a mod and then you said the mods were bastards from hell? Cause everyone else sure does.

Ovlov United
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovlov United » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Just so you guys know this isn't the actual election, it's just a poll

Demphor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Demphor » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:30 pm

OOC: Guys, the thread is not just for flashing insults at each other, attack ads should be allowed, but not with the tone.

"you suck, I'm great, shut up" sort of tone, and this isn't an argument thread. Save that for telegraming or regional message board posts, or I'll bring in the mods to settle the dispute.
~ John Maynard Keynes

Ovlov United
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovlov United » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:44 am

ANDREI HELCHSTEIN'S ELECTION SPEECH 2011
-------------------------------------------------
"Before I begin, I would just like to say that I love this great region and all the nations in it more than anything. I consider all of you my brothers. Now, I'm going to try and make this short and sweet. Free Peoples Cheese unfortunately dropped out of the elections yesterday, so now it's down to just Butmanlands and I. Two powerful World Assembly nations with billions upon billions of loyal citizens. This speech is going to be made today to explain why you should vote for me instead of my competitor."

"Firstly, the results from a recent regional tax assessment state that my nation has more trade surplus and less unemployment than my competitor.

Secondly, Butmanlands has absolutely no experience in any form of leadership on NS. I do.

Third, Ovlov United is a very religious, compassionate, and politically free state. Butmanlands is in the top 10% of the world for highest average tax rates. Their leader's name is the REBEL PRINCE Butman II. Something tells me if you elect him, he might end up a dictator.

And finally, Ovlov United is a far safer nation than Butmanlands. To put this into perspective, 54% of citizens in Butmanlands die of old age. In Ovlov United, 85% of citizens in die of old age. Also, Andrei Helchstein has been in power of the Ovlovian Empire for nearly TWENTY years, as voted by his people, and his approval rate reached 70% in 2000 and hasn't gone below that mark since. I think I've made my point. Thank you for your time."
------------------------------------------------------

MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION THIS ELECTION, VOTE HELCHSTEIN '62

Butmanlands
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Butmanlands » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:45 pm

First off, even if I was some sort of evil dictator the worst I could do is banject someone for about 10 minutes before demphor notices, so there would not really be a point. Secondly, the only reason I have no delegate XP is because I never got the opertunity. Its always the same 2 too 3 people who stay until we get raided.
Vote butmanlands, the reliable delegate!
(And PS, I am not trying to start something or cheat, just look at the history page on the wiki!!)
Wonderful Paradise

The Ilium
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ilium » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:57 pm

Can you please not post advertisements for your elections on other region's RMB's? Thank you!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents