NATION

PASSWORD

Just Another Day in Paradise (Character RP)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Masburel
Attaché

Founded: Feb 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Just Another Day in Paradise (Character RP)

Postby Masburel » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:54 am

"Would bringing the bottle be easier for you?" Carmen asked sweetly, knowing full well she could charge him for the shots he had from the bottle instead of for the entire bottle. Plus it would make her life easier. There were other people who needed seeing to as well as making sure none of her girls disappeared under the tables without a down payment from the lucky man. She needed eyes in the back of her head sometimes.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3435

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZev6i1pv5Y

Isn’t it funny how the word ‘politics’ is made up of the words ‘poli’ meaning ‘many’ in Latin, and ‘tics’ as in ‘bloodsucking creatures’?

Global Liberal States
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Global Liberal States » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:00 pm

"Yes..." He said, being cut off by a loud 'hic'. The whiskey had already hit him, though that wouldn't stop him getting destroyed tonight. "...Do you have any...beef jerky? Also, get me two...bottles...please."

He smiled with the grin of a man hoping to have ten hangovers by the morning. After the waitress departed, he started looking around the bar. "Is it a strip club or something...?"
PERSONAL: 60%.
ECONOMIC: 20%.
ECONOMIC LEFT/RIGHT: -7.50.
SOCIAL LIBERTARIAN/AUTHORITARIAN: -4.77.
MORAL ORDER: -3.
MORAL RULES: 0.5.

EMBASSY PROGRAMME OF THE GLOBAL LIBERAL STATES

Comorostan
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Comorostan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Jonas put a couple of credits down on the bar, then gulped down about a quarter of the beer in one go. "Ah, that's good stuff." To somebody who's never tasted real beer before. Jonas was a diehard lover of Four Gem beer, which was a Sulima local favorite and, in Jonas' humble opinion, the best damn beer in the world.

Wiping his mouth on the back of his sleeve, Jonas turned to Titus. "So Titus, what've you up been up to lately?"
The People's State of Comorostan - communist Zoroastrians
Member of Kayfabeland

Masburel
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Masburel » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Global Liberal States wrote:"Yes..." He said, being cut off by a loud 'hic'. The whiskey had already hit him, though that wouldn't stop him getting destroyed tonight. "...Do you have any...beef jerky? Also, get me two...bottles...please."

He smiled with the grin of a man hoping to have ten hangovers by the morning. After the waitress departed, he started looking around the bar. "Is it a strip club or something...?"

OOC: landlady not waitress ;)

"2 bottles coming up" Carmen reckoned by the end of the night he'd have probably had at least 3 bottles, would have had to have payed for a room, possibly a girl and with the food as well, she could almost see the credits pouring into the till. She grabbed the 2 bottles of whiskey, making a mental note to go down to the cellar and get some more up after wards. picking up a couple of packets of beef jerky she took the whole lot over to the already sozzled gentlemen.
"Anything else love?"

Isn’t it funny how the word ‘politics’ is made up of the words ‘poli’ meaning ‘many’ in Latin, and ‘tics’ as in ‘bloodsucking creatures’?

Comorostan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Comorostan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:49 pm

((bump?))
Member of Kayfabeland

Blackhelm Confederacy
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Blackhelm Confederacy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:59 pm

"Not to much, lookin' fer a job. Not tryin' too hard though. Ya got anythin' fer me?" Titus asked as he sipped his glass.

Then he noticed the man with the whiskey and the jerkey. "Derideo te! Duos solum? Nunquam!" he shouted, not knowing where the man was from, but assuming him to be of Confederate origin.

He looked back to Jonas, once again forgetting the language barrier, and proclaimed "Hic puer est stultissimus omnium!"
~Got Oil?~

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comorostan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Comorostan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:49 pm

Jonas laughed and nodded. "Certe." Switching to English, he continued. "Sorry man, I got nada. Most of the jobs are gettin' snapped up by immigrares (immigrants in Latin, translation may be bad)." Jonas stole a look at Kebert, who appeared to be took drunk to understand. "But I'll keep a look out."
Last edited by Comorostan on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Kayfabeland

Blackhelm Confederacy
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Blackhelm Confederacy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:56 pm

Kebert was still chatting with the bartender about Julia Griffincrest, and was paying virtually no attention to anything outside of his own little fantasies.

Titus however, continued. "So what is it that you are doing for work nowaday? I am assuming you got something, no?"
~Got Oil?~

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comorostan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Comorostan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:02 pm

"Yeah. Working at the International Bank of Business and Commerce. Grunt work mostly, but it pays the bills and leaves a little bit left over for shit like this." Jonas held up his beer. "And if I happen to accidentally slip a few bills into my pocket while off-loading them from the truck, well, that just makes the job a little better!"
Member of Kayfabeland

Blackhelm Confederacy
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Blackhelm Confederacy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:34 pm

"Cheers to that brother!" Titus said as he clinked his glass to Jonas'.

Kebert, upon hearing of the IBBC looked over. "The IBBC, ain't they borderline evil?"
~Got Oil?~

(\__/)
(='.'=)

Comorostan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Comorostan » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:35 am

Jonas shrugged. "Man, they could be throwin' kittens off rooftops, but as long as the check clears."

Draining the rest of his beer, Jonas rapped his knuckles on the table and looked around for the landlady. "Hey! 'Nother beer over here!" Checking his pockets, he swore. He didn't have as much money with him as he would have liked, but he had enough for a couple more beers.
Member of Kayfabeland

Masburel
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Masburel » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:05 pm

"Coming right up darling." Carmen shouted over her shoulder as she whizzed round the room picking up random empty glasses, righting chairs and the like. As she span behind the bar, dumping the empties on one revolution and grabbing a beer and depositing it in front of "love". (She didn't have time to remember everyones names!) she did a quick headcount of her girls. It was more than her life was worth to send one bak damaged or even worse to not send one back at all! Shaking that morbid thought from her head she did a list of booze she needed from the cellar and grabbing the torch and a couple of spare batteries she made her way down the steep stone steps

Comorostan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Comorostan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:18 pm

Jonas nodded his head. "Much obliged." He took a long drink. God, this stuff is shit. But hey, it beat nothing.
Member of Kayfabeland

Blackhelm Confederacy
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Blackhelm Confederacy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:01 am

"Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!" Titus shouted as he looked at his watch. "Excuse me Jonas, Kebert, but I gotta run!" And with that he threw a handful of credits on the table and made for the door.

Across town, his wife, Agrippina, waited at the table with dinner already prepared. Everyday Titus went out was cause enough to worry her. It was a rough city out there and every night the news carried reports of terrible things, and that was just what made the news! She knew, as did everybody, that hardly a fraction of the crimes committed in Paradise City made the news, and that was why everybody, or almost everybody who walked the slums of the city had a weapon of some kind on them. For Titus, he carried a poorly made Leafanistanni weapon, surprisingly popular on the steets of Paradise.
~Got Oil?~

(\__/)
(='.'=)

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents