NATION

PASSWORD

The Phoenix Conglomeration [Prospective Program]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon May 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Milograd wrote:
Kylarnatia wrote:
Will do - I am doing that one with Tiami which you asked me to do, so I hope you're paying attention to that one especially ;)

Cool, cool.

Not really connected to us in anyway, but good to know you're active :P

Quite Active - and I just thought you'd like to know because its me trying out my new military understanding ;)

I'll keep an eye out, and I'll post when I can on anything open and to do with the Cong. ;)
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:36 am

Nation Facts
Nation Formal Name: The Greater Island Kingdom of New Hayesalia
Region/Location: Terra Nova
Population: See sig
Military Population: See factbook military section
Government Type: Egalitarist, Mixed-Market, with strong emphasis on human rights.
Please briefly describe your nations government: It's hard to say. Often passionate, and able to agree on many issues. It's often an omni-present thing.

Player Info
Years on NationStates: RPing since 2010.
How often are you on NationStates: Every day.
What type of roleplays do you participate in: Wars, namely, but I've branced to most RP styles.
What is your weakness in roleplaying: (What aspect of roleplaying do you struggle in): Often, I try not to assume things to avoid being forced to edit my posts in cse the person I'm RPing with has left holes of information.
Why should you become a Phoenix Conglomeration Prospect? Why are you worthy? : I belive I offer an interesting RP partner, and one who who is flexible and able to make quick snap decisions.

Other
Roleplay Examples: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=112362 | viewtopic.php?f=5&t=117363
If invited into The Phoenix Conglomeration, would you accept? : Yes
List all of the organizations your nation is involved in: World Human Rights Watch, Terra Nova Regional Defence Industries, Otherwise negligble.

Abruzi
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:25 am

New Hayesalia wrote:Nation Facts
Government Type: Egalitarist, Mixed-Market, with strong emphasis on human rights.
Please briefly describe your nations government: It's hard to say. Often passionate, and able to agree on many issues. It's often an omni-present thing.

Player Info
What type of roleplays do you participate in: Wars, namely, but I've branced to most RP styles.
What is your weakness in roleplaying: (What aspect of roleplaying do you struggle in): Often, I try not to assume things to avoid being forced to edit my posts in cse the person I'm RPing with has left holes of information.
Why should you become a Phoenix Conglomeration Prospect? Why are you worthy? : I belive I offer an interesting RP partner, and one who who is flexible and able to make quick snap decisions.

Other
List all of the organizations your nation is involved in: World Human Rights Watch, Terra Nova Regional Defence Industries, Otherwise negligble.

Nah.
02:01 RomanEmpire Because I dont know about you
02:01 RomanEmpire But I want to monger some fucking fish

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO's map of Abruzi: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ope9i.png
SSO For Mod

Katganistan wrote:Sanctuary space
Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:24 pm

I'm still here btw, if you're wondering :P

Any Pho-Cong/Cong Roleplays open for entry?
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldarminia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:25 pm

Kylarnatia wrote:I'm still here btw, if you're wondering :P

I have the same question. And if there aren't, then there should be damnit! :evil:
This is FanT/PT/MT/PMT/Nightmare, you can find more Cajun Cossack Slavs IN SPACE! here:
Vrot Kaspara (Xenos included!!!)
First High Roller of the NationStates Future Tech Discord Server
Founder and Boss of the Losieda Bratva Criminal Syndicate
"I dated an Aldarminian once, but when he proposed 'annexing' my 'southern border regions' I decided it might be best to break it off."
Riflemoor

'This is Tanya Zaldano, live on the street... We've just received word that Aldar's next form will be... Yes, that's right... A New Orleans Street Band. That's right - it's a street band. Live from the Big Easy and already drinking, I'm Tanya Zaldano...'
Sunset

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:31 pm

[ OoC ]

The Conglomerate is resting, and we are having a talk about it in Cong cave tonight. Just throwing that out there.
Retired

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:56 am

Aldarminia wrote:
Kylarnatia wrote:I'm still here btw, if you're wondering :P

I have the same question. And if there aren't, then there should be damnit! :evil:

Indeed! 8)

Milograd wrote:
[ OoC ]

The Conglomerate is resting, and we are having a talk about it in Cong cave tonight. Just throwing that out there.

Ahhh, thats cool then - no rush, just wanting to know if I could contribute to anything going on; though I do think you told us before that you'd inform us when something was on :P

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Abruzi wrote:
New Hayesalia wrote:Nation Facts

Player Info

Other

Nah.

OOC: Second opinions requested. Or, expand on it.

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:00 pm

If Abruzi doesn't approve, I don't approve either. That said, nah.

It should also be noted that as of now; this. >:|
Last edited by Milograd on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Retired

Abruzi
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:41 am

New Hayesalia wrote:
Abruzi wrote:

Nah.

Your RP-ing needs some work brah. That's pretty much it. Also the mix of alliances you're in, mostly the Human Rights Watch, that wouldn't mesh well with the rest of the Cong (seeing as to how my Human Rights record alone would make most dictators seem like humanitarians). That said, feel free to chill on #Nssanctuary, over time I'm sure you'll improve you're RP-ing and down the road you know we'll still be here.
02:01 RomanEmpire Because I dont know about you
02:01 RomanEmpire But I want to monger some fucking fish

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO's map of Abruzi: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ope9i.png
SSO For Mod

Katganistan wrote:Sanctuary space
Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Tergnitz
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:22 pm

Abruzi wrote:
New Hayesalia wrote:

Your RP-ing needs some work brah. That's pretty much it. Also the mix of alliances you're in, mostly the Human Rights Watch, that wouldn't mesh well with the rest of the Cong (seeing as to how my Human Rights record alone would make most dictators seem like humanitarians). That said, feel free to chill on #Nssanctuary, over time I'm sure you'll improve you're RP-ing and down the road you know we'll still be here.

I disagree with Abruzi here. While it is true that your RP-ing needs a bit of work, I know first-hand that you are trying to improve in this area. Furthermore, most nations change their alliances regularly, so that problem could also disappear.

Therefore, in an effort to clarify the purpose behind the Prospect Program, I advocate that we accept NH, as all nations are welcome to become Cong Prospects. However, gaining Prospecthood does not mean that you deserve to be or will be added to the Cong's official ranks.

Though I agree with Abruzi, that you should spend some time on #Sanc if you honestly want a chance of getting in.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:25 pm

Though I agree with Abruzi, that you should spend some time on #Sanc if you honestly want a chance of getting in.

Thanks to having internet as patchy as a swiss chesse who's stolen drugs from the Mafia, that may not be possible. But, I do thank you for your vote of confidence.

Also, consider this my first attempt at fixing it RP-

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=119457
Last edited by New Hayesalia on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:24 am

Milograd wrote:If Abruzi doesn't approve, I don't approve either. That said, nah.

It should also be noted that as of now; this. >:|

You saying we should try and apply or something? :P

Bisgea
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 28, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bisgea » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:15 pm

Conglomeration Prospective Application

Nation Facts
Nation Formal Name: The Royal Monarchy of Bisgea
Region/Location: Tyrrhenia
Population: 4,734,534,853
Military Population: 54,900,000
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
Please briefly describe your nations government: The nation is a typical constitutional monarchy. The only main difference between Bisgea and other monarchies is the fact that we don't use the Westminster System.

Player Info
Years on NationStates: 2 years and 7 months
How often are you on NationStates: An hour or two on weekdays and at least four hours on weekends
What type of roleplays do you participate in: I usually go in diplomatic stuff. War is something I have just recently tried
What is your weakness in roleplaying: As stated above, I have almost no experience with war RP except for that one thread with Milograd. Also, my posts are short except if I find something to write about, then I'm able to lengthen mu posts.
Why should you become a Phoenix Conglomeration Prospect? Why are you worthy? : This organization seems to be one of the best, and is something I've always looked up to. I hope to join in order to learn and be able to contribute.

Other
Roleplay Examples: ______Link One______ | ______Link Two______ | ______Link Three______
If invited into The Phoenix Conglomeration, would you accept? : [Yes]
List all of the organizations your nation is involved in: The Sovereign Network, Unifederated Council of Nations
Is there anything else we should be aware of? If so, please state them here : None

Note: In Link Three, my post is the very first one in the 10th page. I can't get a direct link to the post.
OOC: All posts and events before 2015 are retconned.

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:21 pm

Looks good Bisgea, and I'll add you to the roster, since this is an OoC Deal. Be active on our IRC (#NSSanctuary on espernet), and you should be good.

However, it should be noted that you are invading Milograd as of now, if I remember correctly. That said, there would be a conflict there, no? (For the Conglomerate, that is.)
Retired

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:03 pm

Nation Name: The Allied States of Acroticus (or informally just the Allied States)

Leader: Prime Minister James Mason was elected 3years ago.

Type of Government: It is a left wing Democratic Republic with three political parties: Nationalists (more government) - majority, Democrats (ironically, less government) - minority, and Centralists (the closest thing we have to libertarians) - a large group of independents. Likewise, there are three houses in the legislative branch each with 100 members, 25 from each Province (North, South, East, and West):
1. The House of Representatives : Leader is the Speaker of the House, elected every shift in majority of political parties.
2. The House of Consuls: Leader is the Pro-Consul, re-elected every 4 years
3. The House of Premiers: Leader is the Head Premier, elected for 10 years.
The Executive branch has one leader, the Prime Minister and is somewhat more powerful than the Legislatures. The Prime Minister’s “Second in Command” is the Secondary Minister.
There is also a third branch, a Council of Experts. This Council includes 50 people, experts of different professions: doctor, dentist, lawyer, ect. These people are awarded to veto a bill on the grounds of their professional opinion, but the Prime Minister as well as a 2/3 majority vote from any of the Legislatures or a panel of judges elected by the minority and majority parties can override this veto. The experts do not associate with political parties.

Number of Civil Wars within the Past Three Decades: None

Military Activities: No wars or internationals incidents but compulsory military service.

Strata of Command: Prime Minister James Mason, Secondary Minister Michael Chase, Speaker of the House Spencer Levine, Head Premier John Richards, Pro-Consul Avaline Hoarse, Majority House of Representatives Head Ajax Linton, Majority House of Consuls Head Richard Adams, Popular Election.

Military Focus: The military is very important in the Allied States of Acroticus. Although we have never truly been engaged in a war, defense is of the utmost importance, its cost to the government rivaled only by education. Military service is compulsory. However, there is an extreme importance placed on the Navy and naval research, since the Allied States manufactures naval warships itself.

Economic Situation: Truthfully, pretty poorly at current. The unemployment rate is 15.55%. GDP per capita = $11,247.96

Currency Rate, per International Dollar: $1.8952 = $1 (Please don’t let this be the deciding factor)
Hand, or Voice: Due to the Allied States’ military preparedness and weakness of economy, the Hand is better suitable.

Representative: Foreign Delegate George Pierce.
Medical Issues, Record of Violence, Miscellaneous: George Pierce was born in the Northern Province of the Allied States of Acroticus. His grades were exceptional as a youth, and, after High School, decided to finish his military service early. With no wars, Pierce was enraged with the lack of ability to gain recognition and so he left when his 4 years were completed and went to college. He graduated a year early from Acroticus National University and went on to law school, where he graduated Suma Cum Loude. After 3 years of his practice, he ran for the House of Consuls and, after winning, resigned after half his term of 4 years enraged at his lack of power. He then ran for the House of Premiers, where he served for 8 years before being appointed to the Council of Experts as a lawyer. 2 years ago he became a foreign diplomat and with no doubt he knows the ins and outs of the Allied States better than any other, the Allied States of Acroticus is honored to put him up for Representative to the Conglomerate.

Additional Notes: George Pierce has three daughters and a wife who will need accommodations from the Conglomerate on any trips or other meets as such.

By entering and signing upon the line, I give the Conglomerate permission to file away the entry for bookkeeping. The entry, as per Conglomerate minor Law, will under no circumstances, save for written, spoken and signed permission of the ruling Head of State of said nation (with said nation representing the representing state of the signatory), divulge information to any other members of the Conglomerate or third Party States or organizations. Furthermore, I understand and acknowledge that the Conglomerate IS NOT an alliance. It is a sovereign structure of its own dominion and I am willing to be placed under its dominion as all have before me to serve its self-preservation and those of my brothers, regardless of their ideologies insofar as it does not violate the Rules. Further details on the Conglomerate's Privacy Policy will be explained in further detail at later documentation as provided.

X. [_____Foreign Delegate George Pierce____________ By Signatory, of James Mason of the Allied States of Acroticus.
Last edited by Acroticus on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bisgea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bisgea » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:23 pm

Milograd wrote:
    Looks good Bisgea, and I'll add you to the roster, since this is an OoC Deal. Be active on our IRC (#NSSanctuary on espernet), and you should be good.

However, it should be noted that you are invading Milograd as of now, if I remember correctly. That said, there would be a conflict there, no? (For the Conglomerate, that is.)

I plan on leaving the UFCN and halting Bisgea's part in the invasion of Alikarhi a few days from now. After that, is a lot of diplomacy and regrets of the actions we have taken.

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Bisgea wrote:
Milograd wrote:

I plan on leaving the UFCN and halting Bisgea's part in the invasion of Alikarhi a few days from now. After that, is a lot of diplomacy and regrets of the actions we have taken.

In that case, you should likely go post in Another one Bites The Dust. D:<

Also, it should be noted that ICly, there will likely be consequences for planning/trying to invade me.*

*@Grat: THE CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME D:
Retired

Bisgea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bisgea » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Milograd wrote:
Bisgea wrote:I plan on leaving the UFCN and halting Bisgea's part in the invasion of Alikarhi a few days from now. After that, is a lot of diplomacy and regrets of the actions we have taken.

In that case, you should likely go post in Another one Bites The Dust. D:<

Also, it should be noted that ICly, there will likely be consequences for planning/trying to invade me.*

Yes, I'll post there in a few days when we ICly leave the UFCN. About the consequences, Bisgea is ready to face the consequences of the actions it has taken.

Gratislavia
Minister

Founded: May 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gratislavia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:05 am

Bisgea wrote:
Milograd wrote:In that case, you should likely go post in Another one Bites The Dust. D:<

Yes, I'll post there in a few days when we ICly leave the UFCN. About the consequences, Bisgea is ready to face the consequences of the actions it has taken.

Sounds like a plan to me.

*@Milo YOU DUN GOOFED
"Direction Nationale de Notreceau"

Calmerica
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Calmerica » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:33 am

Nation Facts
Nation Formal Name: Diarchal Islands of Calmerica
Region/Location: Union of Epic Nations
Population: 23,310,340
Military Population: 4,235,000
Government Type: Federal diarchy
Please briefly describe your nations government: Calmerica is run by two Diarchs, who head a Panel of 10 Secretaries handpicked by the Diarchs. Within each Department, Secretaries may form Sub-Departments, and appoint heads of said Sub-Departments with approval of the Diarchs. The Diarchs appoint seven Supreme Court Justices which must be approved by the Panel. Each province is run by a Governor, elected by the people of the province. Two provincial judges preside over each province, and one-two local judges preside over large cities. Each city (minimum 5,000 citizens) is also run by a Mayor, elected by the people of that city.

Player Info
Years on NationStates: 14 months with Calmerica - 28 months overall.
How often are you on NationStates: Every day, unless on a long work trip, which happens once or so a month. Averages out to an hour a day.
What type of roleplays do you participate in: War, diplomacy, economics (ran a storefront for some time, was on Yohannes' SE)
What is your weakness in roleplaying: Sports
Why should you become a Phoenix Conglomeration Prospect? Why are you worthy? : I have vast NationStates experience - F7 RPs, invasions, defensive war, peace negotiations, and regional government. I currently serve as the President of my region, and have previously served as Internal Affairs Secretary (or equivalent) in two other regions, maintaining a good, friendly image to the NS world. I believe in the Phoenix Conglomeration, what it stands for, and am prepared to defend it with honor until death. I don't halfass, and take my commitments seriously.

Other
Roleplay Examples: ______This, quote & quoted spoiler included______ | ______F7 RP______ | ______'Great War' Naval post______
If invited into The Phoenix Conglomeration, would you accept? : [Yes] [No] [Unsure]
List all of the organizations your nation is involved in:
-The Union of Nations (extension of region)
-WASA, contributor of funds and staff
Is there anything else we should be aware of? If so, please state them here : Calmerica is currently preparing for war with an enemy of our region - they're nuclear arsenal exceeded the limits set by a previous peace agreement, and refused to comply with new arrangements, attacked our neighbor, prompting attack from several nations and our region's declaration of war.
Enadia ¦ Calmerica ¦ Enadia Discord
Economic Left/Right: 2.00 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.50
Alternate History
Cartographers Guild
Selective Constitutionalism
CDAR: [5] 4 3 2 1
Libertas of Calmerica
Chancellor: Ivan Moldavi (2006)
Population: 23,310,340
Military: 835,000 (200,000 reserve)

Previous

Advertisement