NATION

PASSWORD

When Will the Sun Rise? (Closed|ATTN, Sondria)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Sondrian Regional Council
Sondrian Capital Islands

“Indeed, Herr Drexler,” Paul responded in a slightly mocking, hostile tone. He was clearly unhappy. Very, unhappy. “Indeed, we realize that the German people might have no imperialistic ambitions towards our land. However, the German people, as grievous as their own sacrifices have been in our struggle for freedom, have demonstrated a remarkable disdain for Yalosii lives. On November the Twenty-First, German soldiers, in the pretense of defeating AWR naval capabilities, effectively wiped the entire city of Syotograd off the map. Oddly enough, the Alkharanian Worker’s Republic did not even maintain an existent naval force.” Paul allowed that information to sink in for a few moments, before continuing.

“Our FYA personnel, upon occupying that heaping pile of rubble, could hardly divine that there had been a city there at all--nothing but smoking corpses, and shattered buildings. If our nation is to need rebuilding, it is the fault of brutality, like that carried out by Germany, that it would be unable to resolve itself. Strikes carried out by the Shogunate, while vicious, destructive and devastating, at least served some military capacity. Now, our nation needs to, liberate thousands of extermination camps, rebuild dozens of towns torn apart in our clash with the Red Guard and, on top of it all, completely rebuild three major cities. Now,” Paul turned to face the Erjunhite delegate, “with Erjunhite aid, this rebuilding process could be resolved relatively quickly. In the pragmatic scale of things, we haven’t suffered as horribly as we might have, but the scrs of the Selos regime need time to heal. We don’t need more violent murderers walking our streets. Why would we allow the Wehrmacht to conduct such an occupation? And why are the Germans so reluctant to permit us to control our own destiny? I’m a bit apprehensive, to say the least.”

Paul then proceeded to nod to his secretary, who then, in turn, clicked a remote which projected a large map of Yalos onto the screen.

“All of these regions in blue,” Paul explained, indicating tens of thousands of ten blue dots, “are major cities that we have seized. As you can see, we are firmly in control of North East and Central Yalos, while the Red Guard is retreating down the South. Fighting is vicious, but--” Paul motioned for the secretary to click another button, “because of the generosity of the Gristol-Serkonese government, we have begun to import an arsenal of modern tanks, aircraft and Infantry Fighting Vehicles. Our nation is forming an effective, modern fighting force, and should be able to eliminate all pockets of resistance within the month. Our regions of control are already beginning reconstruction efforts, with wood, minerals and other essential resources being trucked in from Crontor and Zeikla.”

“Now, some regions of our state are simply impossible to rebuild with our current resources, and for that region, we wish to cede the lands surrounding Ju’tozzo to the occupying forces so they may rebuild it, and perhaps, at some distant point in the future, return it to our people, perhaps decades or a century down the line. Ju’tozzo is, however, no longer our, Yalosii, territory. It has been corrupted with the blood of fourteen hundred death camps and the likes of my father, Selos Manikato, and we welcome the current occupation forces to do as they see fit with the torn region.”

“And, in terms of the legitimacy of our state...” Paul took a few moments of silence, ”I would like to invite a special guest. Everybody, I would like you to meet Syuoka, the Empress of Yalos.”

Melanie stepped into the room apprehensively, dressed in a regal blue dress with her hair fashioned in the form of a swan. The nine year old girl looked oddly regal for her humble upbringing, and curtsied politely. She was trembling inside, but did her best to keep her composure. She had a just one, simple job to do; be absolutely charming.

“Syuoka is the last true legitimate heiress to the Yalosii Monarchy." Paul explained. "Her coronation is to take place in a few days. I think that, given the overwhelming desire of the Yalosii people to see the monarchy restored, that any government condoned by Syuoka should be legitimate in the eyes of the Regional Council. Tell me, Syuoka, do you believe that the Federation, led by myself and Ayamai Ku'ozaikkata, is legitimate?”

“Ja.” she responded in, German, by habit. That’s all she needed to say.

“Then, given the support offered by the Yalosii Free Army, the Kutiomaya restoration movement, the cheering crowds of Yalosii people at every city we liberate and now, the Monarchy, I believe that you'd be extremely hard pressed to find a government with more legitimacy.” Paul was feeling quite confident. “Our troops control a great area of Yalosii territory, and we have the resources, with aid and within our own nation, to handle rebuilding. We hope that this pleases the German delegation, with whom we agree in having this Sondrian Regional Council address punishment for Selos Regime criminals.”

“And as a final concern,” Paul was about to finish, “I would like to have the assurances of this Regional Council that all occupied lands under Crontorian, Dominion and Gristol Serkonese control with be ceded back to the Yalosii people. The Crontorians and Gristol Serkonese have already agreed to such cessations, but I’m afraid that the Dominions of Deusaeuri have, perhaps in goodwill, attempted to establish their own government in the region known as S’ua Tozzo, though, without the consent of our current government.”

Paul had to tread carefully, now. He could not afford to insult the Dominions, while trying to turn support towards his own cause. He also had to win the support of other delegations, at least the Crontorian and Erjunhite ones if anything.

“While we truly appreciate this noble effort on the part of the Dominions to offer aid, we would simply like to have the lands, which comprise a fourth of our entire landmass, returned to us without delay, and Dominion troops withdrawn. We promise the Dominions that we are capable of handling reconstruction, and have already made it clear that all forced reconstruction will be seen as an insult to our national identity. We are willing to offer military basing and exclusive economic contracts in the area, if the Dominion so desires, but we cannot accept the loss of these lands.”

Paul took a sip of water, before carrying on.

“Billions of Yalosii live in those occupied territories, and we want them to be united with the greater whole of the Yalosii people, again. We’ve suffered; we wish for this pain to end. We simply ask Markus Deusaeuri, as a leader and an honorable man, to return our families and lands back to our people. We, the Yalosii Sondrian committee, know that Markus Deusaeuri is not an imperialist, and have faith that he will do the right thing, for our people, and for the peoples of Sondria. He is a humanitarian and a noble leader, and we have faith that he will not deign to force us to suffer any longer at the hands of wanton Imperialism.He has always been a friend of our people--and we would like to keep it that way.”

“That is all.”

Deusaeuri
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Deusaeuri » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:36 pm

Keepler, Provincial Committee of South Jagis and S’uaTozzo
The combat reconnsaiance divisions of the Loyal Army had proved themselves to be the most powerful and experienced division in the entirety of the Army following their victories in the war for South Jagis. Not only this, but they showed unwavering bravery and loyalty, treading close enough to the Marquesan Royal Forces at Arms to see their staging grounds and barracks. Now that the main armored column and defenses had moved up, the Combat Reconnsaiance was ready to put down their arms and return to a quiet life of drills and training in the jungles of mountains of the Thin Sai, as they had done before the events in Jagisville.

“We have one more task for you.” General Maddoc looked at Captain Daniel Torres as he spoke. It was an unofficial meeting, being conducted in the back of an RMPV, surrounded by the bustling men and women of the Loyal Army, all carrying boxes or delivering messages. It was difficult to hear Maddoc, but Torres was not about to complain. The previous captain of his regiment had been killed in the short battle to take the suburb of Jodenser, and his bravery in combat seemed to be sufficient to earn him a promotion.

Maddoc pointed to a map sitting on the floor between them. It was a map of Anthlon, with various markings being made. All the markings indicated different military units, most of them Crontorian, along with Erjunite, Deusaeurian, and then Anthlonite Confederation. Attached via paperclip to the map were various satellite images, which Maddoc handed to Torres. Torres flipped through them while Maddoc spoke again.

“The Army Council have arranged a joint operation with the CAF to capture some islands in the north, Anthlon. I’m sure the Crontorians see it as strategically important, or some bullshit like that. I suspect the Army Council just wants another vacation spot, but that’s aside the point. I was assigned to muster some experienced units to send, and the your unit is one of them.”

Torres nodded. For almost an hour, Maddoc briefed Torres on the operation. Over that hour, several other officers joined them until the back of the vehicle was packed. Night began to fall, and Maddoc ushered them away. The aircraft carrier Escartum and several combat assault platforms would be used in the operation, departing in the darkest hours of the night.

Thorncall Harbor, Anthlonite Confederation
The Commonwealth of Louis was the southernmost in Anthlon, led by the elected president, Felicjan Jurgis. Outside his office, a war raged. Or at least, that’s what he hoped it was. In reality, it was more like a controlled massacre. Just six hours before, in the early morning, several large military vessels appeared on the horizon, bearing the flag of the Loyal Army of High General Markus Deusaeuri. The Anthlonite Coast Guard and Navy dispatched their largest and most intimidating vessels to stop them. Rather than turning to leave the exclusive economic zone, or sending a diplomat to explain themselves, the vessels simply continued moving. Before they realized what was happening, they couldn’t stop it. The large aircraft carrier, transport vessels, and battlecruisers simply plowed through the Anthlonite patrol boats and gunboats. Within three hours, Sab MRC-9 Sea Dagons had easily taken control of the sky, and soldiers filed off by the thousands on to the beaches, which tourists ran from screaming.

At first, police officers and the national guard ran to the street, shotguns and rifles in hand, firing on the soldiers. Within ten minutes of taking their positions, naval artillery, guided bombs, or simple brute infantry force had pushed them back. The parliament building seemed to be the only safe refuge in the city.

“Sir, we’ve commandeered a news helicopter through civilian radio channels. It will be landing on the roof to get you out shortly, within five minutes.”

Jurgis nodded. This would have been inconceivable a few days ago. The military in Thorncall Harbor had lost contact with the capital’s forces the day before, but it was disregarded as a technical problem. Outside the office, the president and his guards heard loud fighting. For several seconds, nobody moved. A small amount, at most five, gunshots reverberated through the walls. The guards looked at the president, who stared at the double doors leading in. His guards all produced personal defense weapons from their suits, and pointed them at the doors.

Nothing happened for a few minutes. The door handles began shaking, but would not open. After a few tries, the entire door began shaking, most likely from the force of someone smashing their body weight in to it.

“It can withstand that, right?” President Jurgis looked at the nearest guard.

“Oh yea. The wood is just a finish. The door is really made of rolled steel. They’ll never get it open.”

The door continued to shake, until they person on the other side seemed to give up. The guards began sighing, some even lowering their weapons. Jurgis sunk in to his chair, exhaling deeply, resting his eyes. He was immediately stirred back up by a literally deafening blast.

Several bars of cyclonite had blown both doors completely off their hinges, sending them flying in to the office. One of them landed harmlessly on the floor, while another had found it’s way on to a guard, knocking him on his back a few feet away. From the hallway, a large number, perhaps twenty Deusaeurian soldiers filed in to the room, rifles already raised, pointed at the guards in the room. Dust from the blast began settling, allowing the eight guards to view their enemies. Nobody spoke, but the atmosphere of the room was obviously tense. None of the guards dare spoke, and the soldiers waited patiently.

Behind them, an officer entered. While not in formal clothing, he was clearly different from the other soldiers. President Jurgis started at him, and the officer looked at him. For a few moments, their eyes met, but still, they did not speak. The Deusaeurian officer looked around, before finding a chair, bringing it in front of the desk, and sitting down. He crossed his legs, and returned to looking at the President patiently.

“Well, since you seem to be opposed to starting, I suppose I will. I’m Captain Daniel Torres, and I am here to negotiate the terms of your surrender.”

Jurgis looked at Torres angrily, who simply watched him. “This is absurd! What makes your think you can just come in here and expect me to hand over this island?! I assure you that-“

“The rest of the Anthlonite Military knows what’s happening, and is on their way? Well you’re wrong. I can understand why you think that, but I regret to inform you that is not true because the Anthlonite Military simply does not exist anymore. Well, not really, I don’t regret it at all, but you get the point.”

Jurgis opened his mouth to retort, however, Torres interrupted him. “I’ll give you an easy choice, here, President.” Torres stood up from the chair and approached the nearest guard. He nonchalantly took the radion on chest from him, and set it on the president’s desk.

“You give the order to surrender the Commonwealth of Louis, and we’ll be lenient. You don’t, and we execute you, your guards, and everyone here, pave it all over, and replace it with malls and resort beaches, and drink tequila on your graves while we laugh about how easy it all was. This is fucking rocket science, asshole. Make the right choice, before I do it for you.”

President Felicjan Jurgis stared quietly. Torres stared back. He sighed, picked up the radio, and traded away his dignity, knowing that this was the best way to serve the people he represented.

Deusaeuri
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Deusaeuri » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:51 pm

East Periclean Ocean

“God damn is it cold here…”

A man in what seemed to be a Loyal Army uniform entered the commander’s office on the ship Battambang. Behind the desk was another man in uniform, significantly taller, with a much straighter and formal posture. He looked up from his desk and smiled.

“Quite. Colder here than even on the mountains in the homeland. I have no idea how those men on the deck work in this, but they do. It’s quite admirable, really.”

The man who entered smiled and looked around. Satisfied, he found a seat in front of the desk and looked back.

“Well, I’m Colonel Arthir. I’ll be commanding the field army that will be landing soon. I was to come here for a briefing. “

“Aye. I’m Admiral Blakeson. There isn’t much new from this message…”

Blakeson looked around his desk. He found a beiege folder and passed it to the Colonel. “I’ll let you read most of it. All the attacks will begin at the same time, for us here in the Rockholds, that’s around four in the morning tomorrow, so, I’d start hoarding any coffee in your barracks. “

He watched as the man flipped through the folder. Grunting at some parts, skimming through others.

“I still wish I could have more experienced soldiers… At least officers, but you know in Alkharania. Maddoc is hoarding all of them, probably as long as he can. Otherwise this all looks good. If you can make sure we have a clean landing, we’ll handle the rest.”

“Sure thing, colonel. Good luck out there. Hoo-ah, I think it is?”

He laughed. “Close enough, admiral. Good night.”
Last edited by Deusaeuri on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Return to International Incidents