NATION

PASSWORD

Orcuo: Now Seeking Donations

Get your hard hats on, it's building time.
Orcuo
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 15, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Orcuo: Now Seeking Donations

Postby Orcuo » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:17 am

Do you like gathering resources but hate using them? Well I have just the solution for you. Introducing Orcuo! This wonderful wonder is a great way to dump all those resources you don’t want. All you have to do is click on the link below, scroll down, click “+ Contribute”, and donate your resources! It’s that easy! But hurry! This limited time offer is sure to go as fast as it arrive. So what are you waiting for? Donate your resources today!

https://www.nationstates.net/page=wonder/wid=1000495
Funnyman: Putting the ‘Ions’ in NationStates since forever.
Proud Subsidiary of the NationStates Official* YouTube Channel
(*Due to a cease and desist letter from Maxcorp, I had to put this asterisk next to "Official")

Orcuo
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Orcuo » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:01 am

Well in the end, it would appear my actions were futile. My attempts to become the most disliked wonder have failed! Ave Maria! Before they shut this forum topic down, I wish to share a quick story with you:

The author of this news page post, Noahs Second Country, appears to also be SecoNd beSt card colleCtor; they were the nation that founded Two Bad. They stole the most disliked nation spot from my wonder, Orcuo. But *then they also* used the fact that they were the most disliked wonder to include themselves into the post:

“These numbers disregard the early portions of our reporting due to an unruly builder throwing a block of silver at our chief statistician, resulting in a bit of amnesia and Two Bad becoming the most disliked wonder
(This text can be found under the "Top 10 resource contributors" table.)

And the thing is, I worked on a genius strategy to achieve my goal. I knew I couldn’t use my puppets alone, so I had to come up with a different way to become the most disliked wonder. Thankfully, I had an idea!
  • First, use my puppets to elevate me to the most liked wonder
  • Next, people would obviously start down voting it, I had to let the downvotes get to at least 0 for my plan to work successfully.
  • Then, I changed my puppets’ upvotes to downvotes; effectively doubling what I had in likes!
  • Finally, I just had to use my puppets to upvote any other wonder to get them from reaching the spot.
The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof. Just my luck.

Anyway, thanks to everyone that helped Orcuo during the contest. We managed to get my main to 2nd place for the most disliked wonder! Plus, some of y’all actually donated resources. So thank you to all that contributed!

Orcuo out.
(*Due to a cease and desist letter from Maxcorp, I had to put this asterisk next to "Official")

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:37 pm

Hi, a couple of clarifications:

1. My initial draft of the news post when the event was ending did not feature Two Bad. However, I was advised to point out the winners of each category, regardless of their importance. I was not trying to shoehorn myself into the post, it already has my name on it at the top. While I may use the number two more frequently than most, I was not trying to draw attention to myself, hence why I used it as a convenient way to point out that a couple of the stats were inaccurate in a small font. Generally, this was the briefest possible mention while still noting the winner of the category.

2. I did not steal anything from you. While I had insider information on recipes, other leaderboards, and so on, the 'disliked' leaderboard is very obviously the number of upvotes - downvotes, inverted. Thus, I did not act on any sort of unfair or secret information to end up as the most disliked wonder. Frankly I did the same thing as you, but with less effort and a few more puppets. This isn't nefarious or unfair in any way.

3. My wonder also featured more unique downvotes than yours regardless, I stopped well above the -622 number that it eventually settled to. It turns out that people are more inclined to downvote heavily downvoted items than downvote upvoted items.
Last edited by Noahs Second Country on Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Orcuo wrote:The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof.
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

Orcuo
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Orcuo » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:48 pm

Just for clarification, I did respond to this. Me and Noah has a series of posts that I’ll link below:

Noah: https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=55482767

Me: https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=55482977

Noah: https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=55483103

Me: https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=55483302

Noah: https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=55483546

Me: https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=55483603

I am still left with more questions than answers, such as how many puppets they used and who told them to include the most disliked wonder in the news page post; though these won’t be answered as Noah wishes to end the discussion. I will leave the public with this information, so they may view it for themselves. Once again, thanks to all that helped with Orcuo during the 7 Wonders event! Ciao!

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:12 pm

Orcuo wrote:who told them to include the most disliked wonder in the news page post

that was me :) (i asked Noah to put the winners of all the categories in the post)
Last edited by Electrum on Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Orcuo
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Orcuo » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:13 pm

Electrum wrote:
Orcuo wrote:who told them to include the most disliked wonder in the news page post

that was me :) (i asked Noah to put the winners of all the categories in the post)

Thank you for the clarification.

Republics of the Solar Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2024
New York Times Democracy

Postby Republics of the Solar Union » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:40 pm

I read it and am writing this so history remembers I read this.
Embassy Program for the Solar Union - Solar Union Trade Exchange
Today's motto: "I always post German villages ending with n on the geography game in F7" - TG me for daily mottos!
Pluto civil war casualties: 172,506,412 (IDRP), 171,055,498 (ROP)
IC population: 260 trillion
IC year: January 2513
IC GDP: 505.2 quadrillion Sols
IC exchange rate: 1 Sol = $50.3
BREAKING NEWS: IDRP casualties rise above ROP casualties - German space empire supports the ROP, the RSU reconsiders logistics and is looking for new allies on their side - Businessman running for elections incites over 13,000 new applications, one from the newly established but powerful Independent Organization for Peace with Pluto (IOPP)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Construction Zone