NATION

PASSWORD

Mercenary Assignment (IC, CLOSED)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sans Frontieres
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2011
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Sans Frontieres » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:59 am

Denvers press onto his headphone "Okay guys we proceed as planned. We'll complete our objective here fast, and we will home sweet home in a matter of minutes. You guys with me?"
"Hell Yeah," Jack replied.
"Okay" Denvers took a deep breath, "Lets go!"
The Mercenaries scattered across the Rebel Encampment, as silently as possible, avoiding all contact with the enemy. Jack took out his Sniper and equipped it with a silencer. He then sneak into the bushes and climb a tree. With that vantage point, He looked into his scope, lining-up a shot onto one of the guerrilla inside one of the outpost.
"This gonna be easy," He said and pulled the trigger.
The guerrilla's head splattered as the bullet drive into his skull. Jack then climbed back down and sneak into the empty outpost, making sure that no one was watching. He went into the outpost, and what he saw there was beyond what he had expected.
Maps, Weapons of the highest technology, ammunition, everything that is related to a war can be found inside that one outpost. "Imagine theres' so much more of this Outposts, do we even stand a chance!?" He took a few pieces of documents lying on the table and place a C4 Charge under it.
"I think we had made the wrong choice," and with that he sneak back out into the night and hide in the one of the bushes. He pressed on his headphone "Hey, Sins here. I'd place a C4 in of them outpost. About done with the place here. How 'bout you guys?"

United Mercenary Firms
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby United Mercenary Firms » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:33 am

Sans frontieres wrote:Denvers press onto his headphone "Okay guys we proceed as planned. We'll complete our objective here fast, and we will home sweet home in a matter of minutes. You guys with me?"
"Hell Yeah," Jack replied.
"Okay" Denvers took a deep breath, "Lets go!"
The Mercenaries scattered across the Rebel Encampment, as silently as possible, avoiding all contact with the enemy. Jack took out his Sniper and equipped it with a silencer. He then sneak into the bushes and climb a tree. With that vantage point, He looked into his scope, lining-up a shot onto one of the guerrilla inside one of the outpost.
"This gonna be easy," He said and pulled the trigger.
The guerrilla's head splattered as the bullet drive into his skull. Jack then climbed back down and sneak into the empty outpost, making sure that no one was watching. He went into the outpost, and what he saw there was beyond what he had expected.
Maps, Weapons of the highest technology, ammunition, everything that is related to a war can be found inside that one outpost. "Imagine theres' so much more of this Outposts, do we even stand a chance!?" He took a few pieces of documents lying on the table and place a C4 Charge under it.
"I think we had made the wrong choice," and with that he sneak back out into the night and hide in the one of the bushes. He pressed on his headphone "Hey, Sins here. I'd place a C4 in of them outpost. About done with the place here. How 'bout you guys?"

"Uh, roger that, Sins." Denvers replied into his radio. "Let's get a safe distance and--What the Hell...!"

The guerillas were already attacking, laying down a furious fire with machine-guns and assault rifles. Bullets kicked up the ground all around the mercenaries, who scattered. "Damn!" One of the other mercenaries shouted into the radio. "No wonder there were so few of them around! They were waiting for us to enter the camp before they trapped us! The whole place is crawling with these guys!"

One of these particular guerillas, an RPG resting on his shoulder, grinned as he took aim at the main part of the camp and targeted the area where Sins was. With a curse in broken Morbanian, he fired.
Private Military Contractors are not heroes; we are businessmen. I am one -- and I do it for the money - nothing else. The only loyalty I have is to those fellow contractors whom I serve with and work for and I do not work for any other country but my own. That's it. Do we do risky heroic stuff daily? You bet! But if the paycheck stopped I would move on. Soldiers are the heroes. I was one and they sent me where they wanted and when for chicken feed. Now I get to choose.
--Best Comment ever.

Sans Frontieres
Diplomat

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Sans Frontieres » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:51 am

The RPG caught Jack off-guard. He was this close to his death when he finally saw the Rocket flying into his direction. He bolted out of the bushes as fast as he could. He jumped when the rocket hit the floor, causing a explosion that made Jack fly. Jack landed hard on his head and struggled to stand up. He look up and saw the Guerrilla lining-up another shot with the RPG. Jack took out his Sniper and Line-up a shot on the guerrilla, his unsteady hand gives the guerrilla an advantage. "This better hit." He muttered a curse under his breath and pulled the trigger.

The bullet hit the guerrilla in the thigh, making him drop his RPG. "This my chance," Jack thought and lined up another shot, this time with a steady hand. He aimed at the Guerrilla's forehead and pulled the trigger, making the guerrilla's head explode. "Phew." Jack let out a sigh of relief.

Jack pressed onto his headphone, only to hear static. "The impact must have broke this thing. Sure hope Denvers and Co. is alright." He threw the headphone away and ran to their location,"Sure Hope that i make it in time."

United Mercenary Firms
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United Mercenary Firms » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:40 pm

The bullet hit the guerrilla in the thigh, making him drop his RPG. "This my chance," Jack thought and lined up another shot, this time with a steady hand. He aimed at the Guerrilla's forehead and pulled the trigger, making the guerrilla's head explode. "Phew." Jack let out a sigh of relief.

Jack pressed onto his headphone, only to hear static. "The impact must have broke this thing. Sure hope Denvers and Co. is alright." He threw the headphone away and ran to their location,"Sure Hope that i make it in time."

The location where the other mercenaries, were, proved to be a huge village nearby, next to the rebel camp. It's hundred or so huts were empty and deserted, the civilians having long fled. Instead, now it was brimming with enemy snipers. The dead bodies of several mercenaries lay crumpled near the entrance to the village, evidently proving that this was where the others had fled to escape the guerillas.

The rebels were mainly armed with OC-14-4A assault rifles, which they now fired on Sins as soon as he came into view. Rebels were behind him, rebels in front of him. The only option was to fight his way through the village and find the rest of his team, or he was a dead man. The problem was, the guerillas knew that, too, and were determined to prevent that from happening.

Gunfire roared across the area as the various mercenaries, split up, engaged their enemies here and there.
Last edited by United Mercenary Firms on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private Military Contractors are not heroes; we are businessmen. I am one -- and I do it for the money - nothing else. The only loyalty I have is to those fellow contractors whom I serve with and work for and I do not work for any other country but my own. That's it. Do we do risky heroic stuff daily? You bet! But if the paycheck stopped I would move on. Soldiers are the heroes. I was one and they sent me where they wanted and when for chicken feed. Now I get to choose.
--Best Comment ever.

Sans Frontieres
Diplomat

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Sans Frontieres » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:04 pm

"Dammit!" Shouted Jack as he fired another bullet from his sniper. The Guerrillas has him surrounded and right now, the only thing that is keeping him from getting shot was the pile of sandbags located in the center of the conflict.
"This just gets better and better," Jack fired another bullet. Then a bullet from the guerrilla's rifle tore through one of his sandbags. "Fuck! This thing ain't gonna hold a for long. I gotta to move!" He took out his SMG and said a prayer, before he ran towards where the other Mercenaries are.

The run was difficult for Jack as he did not have any rifle to do a lot of damage. His wasn't trained using the SMG, only knew how to spray with it. He ran as fast as he leg could and hold the trigger on his SMG, hoping that some of the bullets manages to killed one or two of the Guerrillas. A stray bullet hit him in the knee and he fell hard on the front. The guerrillas move forward and surrounds him, like a pack of wild dogs surrounding its pray. Jack look up at one the guerrillas and gave him a spit. "You guys want to kill me!? Do it fast you fucking Son-of-a-bitc-" He stopped and lose conscious after getting kicked in the face from one of the guerrilla.

United Mercenary Firms
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United Mercenary Firms » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Sans frontieres wrote:"Dammit!" Shouted Jack as he fired another bullet from his sniper. The Guerrillas has him surrounded and right now, the only thing that is keeping him from getting shot was the pile of sandbags located in the center of the conflict.
"This just gets better and better," Jack fired another bullet. Then a bullet from the guerrilla's rifle tore through one of his sandbags. "Fuck! This thing ain't gonna hold a for long. I gotta to move!" He took out his SMG and said a prayer, before he ran towards where the other Mercenaries are.

The run was difficult for Jack as he did not have any rifle to do a lot of damage. His wasn't trained using the SMG, only knew how to spray with it. He ran as fast as he leg could and hold the trigger on his SMG, hoping that some of the bullets manages to killed one or two of the Guerrillas. A stray bullet hit him in the knee and he fell hard on the front. The guerrillas move forward and surrounds him, like a pack of wild dogs surrounding its pray. Jack look up at one the guerrillas and gave him a spit. "You guys want to kill me!? Do it fast you fucking Son-of-a-bitc-" He stopped and lose conscious after getting kicked in the face from one of the guerrilla.

Sins regained consciousness just as the last guerilla went down, about ten minutes later. Denvers was standing over him. "Come on, see if you can get up. Stay there and we'll have to leave you behind."

Most of the rebels had apparently left him for dead, but one stayed behind to shoot him and make sure. It was then Denvers had emptied a magazine into the man's back.

A hut exploded nearby. "I called in some of the helicopters from the nearest military outpost to flatten this place," explained the mercenary captain. "They're bombing the hell out of this damned village." He kicked at the body lying on the ground, then picked up an AK-47, which was strapped to the rebel's back, and tossed it to Sins. "The bastards took your gun. Try this instead. There's plenty of ammo for it, too."

Debris showered them as three helicopters flew overhead, firing on the village. One of them exploded, suddenly, crashing to the ground in a hail of flaming metal. "Hurry!" shouted Denvers, new urgency in his voice. "They're using missiles to knock our air support out of the sky. We gotta regroup with the rest of the team. They're holding a position at the church nearby. Come if you can walk, or I'll have to let you go. Sorry."
--Best Comment ever.

Sans Frontieres
Diplomat

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Sans Frontieres » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Jack struggled to stood up, and with the help of Denvers, he made a make-shift bandage and wrapped it around his bleeding knee. "This should hold for now," Jack said, " Lets go!" They raced through the corpse-ridden battlefield, evading any stray bullets fired in their path. "Denvers up there!" Jack pointed to the church, "Theres smoke coming out of that church! We have to hurry!" Devners shouted as he pulled the trigger onto a guerrilla.

The Church was besieged by the guerrillas, the mercenaries in there struggle to fight back. By the time Jack and Denvers got there, most of them were found dead on the ground. "Shit! We were too late!" Jack kicked the sand. "No, look" Denvers pointed to a mercenary still holding out at the entrance. "There are still some of them alive. We gotta help 'em." Denvers ran towards a guerrilla, who is busy with the mercenaries at the church, and stab him in the back. "Come on! We ain't got all day!" Shouted Denvers. Jack took a deep breath and pursued Denvers. One by one the the guerrillas fall. Most of them didn't even knew how they died. Finally, the last guerrilla falls, and the area was safe for now. Jack took out a binoculars and scanned the area, "Area secured, no hostiles in sight." he put away the binoculars and joined Denvers who was talking with one of the mercenary in the Church.

United Mercenary Firms
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United Mercenary Firms » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Sans frontieres wrote:Jack struggled to stood up, and with the help of Denvers, he made a make-shift bandage and wrapped it around his bleeding knee. "This should hold for now," Jack said, " Lets go!" They raced through the corpse-ridden battlefield, evading any stray bullets fired in their path. "Denvers up there!" Jack pointed to the church, "Theres smoke coming out of that church! We have to hurry!" Devners shouted as he pulled the trigger onto a guerrilla.

The Church was besieged by the guerrillas, the mercenaries in there struggle to fight back. By the time Jack and Denvers got there, most of them were found dead on the ground. "Shit! We were too late!" Jack kicked the sand. "No, look" Denvers pointed to a mercenary still holding out at the entrance. "There are still some of them alive. We gotta help 'em." Denvers ran towards a guerrilla, who is busy with the mercenaries at the church, and stab him in the back. "Come on! We ain't got all day!" Shouted Denvers. Jack took a deep breath and pursued Denvers. One by one the the guerrillas fall. Most of them didn't even knew how they died. Finally, the last guerrilla falls, and the area was safe for now. Jack took out a binoculars and scanned the area, "Area secured, no hostiles in sight." he put away the binoculars and joined Denvers who was talking with one of the mercenary in the Church.

There were only two other mercenaries besides Denvers and Sins in the church--most of the others lay dead around the village.

"O'Conner, Shaw, good to see someone else is still alive," said Denvers. "The enemy's pulled back for now. Most of them have been killed or have fled. Is anyone else alive?"

O'Conner, an older soldier with a surly expression and a black visor which matched his flak jacket, tapped his radio impatiently with a gloved hand. "Uh, yeah, we got Vogel holding a position northeast of here. Let's beat it out of this church. It's a bloody hellhole here and we ain't got no business hanging around waiting to get killed."

Five mercenaries had been killed so far--four in the village battle and one before they even reached the guerilla camp...his life claimed by a booby trap. It was a horrible price to pay, but the cost of undertaking such a dangerous assignment. Denvers led the other three, including Sins, out of the ruined walls of the church and out of the village. Near the entrance they spotted a dead guerilla and a bullet-riddled convoy truck. In front of it stood Vogel, the last mercenary, clutching his rifle with both hands and awaiting backup patiently. "Things have died down everywhere," He observed.

"Yeah," replied Denvers. "I got some o' General Hellman's choppers to provide backup, but one of them was shot down. Hellman and Moore won't be happy, especially since they ordered their forces not to provide any assistance to us. Still, we'd be dead men without them." The little group waited in silence for a moment. Denvers looked up at the giant rock formation which towered over them. "The rebels are storing most of their equipment in a cave up there. There's some down here too, but up there we're talking bolo and stinger missiles, bazookas, rocket launchers of every description, tons of high-grade modern explosive, mortars, and Anti-Material rifles. The best weaponry on this side of the island is in that cave, and we gotta blow it to Hell and back. So get the climbing gear you've been issued, and I've got the harnesses right here. We'll have to go up there, at least three of us. Shaw, you keep watch down here. O'Conner, Sins, Vogel, you come with me. We'll plant some explosive in the cave and get this mission over with, but first I hope you've all had rock-climbing lessons."

Giving a nasty chuckle, Denvers checked to make sure he had several climbing pegs and a secure length of rope before he started up the cliff surface.
--Best Comment ever.

Sans Frontieres
Diplomat

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Sans Frontieres » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:19 am

Jack took a look at his injured leg, and look up at the cliff. "This is gonna take awhile." He shook his head and took out his gear. He got a few of his climbing pegs and began to climb.

The climb is hard, Jack has to put a lot of pressure into his upper torso because his leg was injured. The wound gush out blood with every step he took and Jack is slowly losing his grip. "Not now. I gotta hold on. Just awhile more." He muttered as he grab onto the next ascending rock.

United Mercenary Firms
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United Mercenary Firms » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Sans frontieres wrote:Jack took a look at his injured leg, and look up at the cliff. "This is gonna take awhile." He shook his head and took out his gear. He got a few of his climbing pegs and began to climb.

The climb is hard, Jack has to put a lot of pressure into his upper torso because his leg was injured. The wound gush out blood with every step he took and Jack is slowly losing his grip. "Not now. I gotta hold on. Just awhile more." He muttered as he grab onto the next ascending rock.

The footing was treacherous, but at last the mercenaries made it to the rocky cliff opening and Denvers was the first to pull himself in. The little alcove contained stacks and stacks of wooden crates, no doubt brimming with weapons of every descriptions. One of the mercenaries, O'Conner, helped pull Sins into the cave, where he could rest.

"Hey...you okay, man?"

He asked.

"Let's plant some explosives here and worry about him later," insisted Denvers. Prying open a crate with a rusty crowbar he'd discovered near the narrow cave entrance, he gasped as he came across the assembled parts for a stinger missile and a mortar. "Right....so anybody wanna help themselves to the guns or something in here before we blow it all up?"

He lifted the stinger missile out of the crate, but then put it back down as a sudden thought struck him. "Scratch that, guys. We'd never get it off this cliff and back down. No wonder the guerillas hid these things up here so high."
Last edited by United Mercenary Firms on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Best Comment ever.

Sans Frontieres
Diplomat

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Sans Frontieres » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:09 pm

"Thanks, but I can keep going." Jack stood up "See I'm fine. Just needed a little rest that's' all." He dusted the sand of his top and headed into the Cave. Just like Denvers, what he saw inside amazed him. Every type of Small Arms or Heavy weapons can found here. He look around a little more and saw a M4A1, he wanted to change it with his AK-47 but he discarded that thought. "Ain't gonna find any M4 bullets down there," so he got back to Denvers "What do we do now?"

"We blow this place up, sky-high. Go plant some charges over there, O'Conner you stay here and guard the entrance. I will head in deeper to see what I can find." Denvers walked deeper into the cave. Jack took out his C4 and walked to his designated area and planted a C4 on the wall of the cave. He took one look around the area and left for the entrance. "So are we blowing it now?"

United Mercenary Firms
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United Mercenary Firms » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:22 pm

Sans frontieres wrote:"Thanks, but I can keep going." Jack stood up "See I'm fine. Just needed a little rest that's' all." He dusted the sand of his top and headed into the Cave. Just like Denvers, what he saw inside amazed him. Every type of Small Arms or Heavy weapons can found here. He look around a little more and saw a M4A1, he wanted to change it with his AK-47 but he discarded that thought. "Ain't gonna find any M4 bullets down there," so he got back to Denvers "What do we do now?"

"We blow this place up, sky-high. Go plant some charges over there, O'Conner you stay here and guard the entrance. I will head in deeper to see what I can find." Denvers walked deeper into the cave. Jack took out his C4 and walked to his designated area and planted a C4 on the wall of the cave. He took one look around the area and left for the entrance. "So are we blowing it now?"

Denvers came out from the back of the cave, with Vogel in tow. "There's more cratefuls of ammunition and weapons back there, but..."

Suddenly, O'Conner, who had been standing guard at the entrance, let out a scream and toppled from the cliff. "Shit!" screamed Denvers. Rushing to the entrance of the cave, he was forced to come dashing back when a hail of bullets began heading for him. On the ground, several guerillas had set up machine-guns and were blasting away in a futile attempt to get at the mercenaries. Shaw, the lookout Denvers had left on the ground, was nowhere in sight.

"They're wasting ammo as long as we're in the cave and not near the entrance," He said to O'Conner and Sins. "But we get anywhere near the entrance and we're all dead. We hafta find a way around this. There's no way we can get any air support like we were able to a while ago."

A broad grin crossed his face. "But what those blunderheads have forgotten is that we're in a cave with rocket launchers, RPG's, and stinger missiles. We got all the ammo we need and all the firepower in here to wipe them off the face of the map. And then some! So everybody grab a heavy weapon and we'll give the rebels what for!"
Last edited by United Mercenary Firms on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Best Comment ever.

Sans Frontieres
Diplomat

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Sans Frontieres » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:30 pm

Jack took a RPG and mount if on his shoulder, trying to get a feel for it. "They are gonna Pay!" He went towards the edge of the cliff and peered down. Guerrillas by the Thousands(Exaggeration) surrounded the Mercenaries like Vultures. "You Ready?" Denvers asked.
"Yea" Jack took a deep breath and Pulled the RPG's Trigger.
Guerrillas Flew Everywhere with each shot the mercenaries made. Bodies Splattered and some even flew for 5 meters or so. "This Is too easy, You think they would at least send 1 or 2 Attack Helicopters or something." Jack said as he fire another round.

New Armarzia
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Taylor knew that the troops were doomed, the enemy was too numerous and these men were too undisciplined. The men tried to fight the enemies while the officers attempted to give commands. Taylor looked around and grabbed someone who he believed was a sergeant and said, "Get all the men and flash or smoke grenades you possibly can in eight minutes." Taylor looked around for any vehicles he could use for an escape, but most were destroyed and the rest would be targeted if he used them. Taylor turned to another soldier who was firing into the darkness. Taylor told the soldier to cease fire and then said, "Find the colonel and give him a message. Tell him to gather up as much men as he can and to scatter in ten minutes. We will all meet on the road five miles outside of the town y'all saved me in six hours. Tell him that there will be radio silence. Now go, quick." The soldier ran off to tell the colonel as Taylor waited for the sergeant to return with men. He would use smoke and flash as cover, so he and the gathered men would escape the encampment to go to the meeting point. The base was loss and this was the only chance Taylor could fathom.
Last edited by God on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, edited infinite times in total.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Memories of The Forgotten Please check it out if you are interested in STALKER or an RP with a post-apocalyptic vibe.

United Mercenary Firms
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United Mercenary Firms » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Jack took a RPG and mount if on his shoulder, trying to get a feel for it. "They are gonna Pay!" He went towards the edge of the cliff and peered down. Guerrillas by the Thousands(Exaggeration) surrounded the Mercenaries like Vultures. "You Ready?" Denvers asked.
"Yea" Jack took a deep breath and Pulled the RPG's Trigger.
Guerrillas Flew Everywhere with each shot the mercenaries made. Bodies Splattered and some even flew for 5 meters or so. "This Is too easy, You think they would at least send 1 or 2 Attack Helicopters or something." Jack said as he fire another round.

The guerillas soon realized they had made a big mistake. It wasn't long before the ground below was covered with dead bodies. Vogel had been shot and killed during the brief firefight by a stray bullet, so only Sins and Denvers were still standing. During a lull in the gunfire, Denvers turned to the only other mercenary left with him.

"Well, you've certainly earned your pay today. Most of the rebs are dead, and the others are fleeing. We've got the drop on them." Throwing his bazooka down on the floor of the cave, Denvers took on last look at the dead body of Vogel, sprawled near the entrance. Sighing in a brief moment of reverence, Denvers then checked his climbing harness and began to descend down the rock cliff, gesturing at Jack to follow.

"Don't worry, it won't be too bad. Climbing down is easier than climbing up. Once we're at the bottom, we'll detonate those C4 charges in the cave and blow the stash of weapons sky-high. Then I can radio General Moore's choppers to come and pick us up."

Taylor knew that the troops were doomed, the enemy was too numerous and these men were too undisciplined. The men tried to fight the enemies while the officers attempted to give commands. Taylor looked around and grabbed someone who he believed was a sergeant and said, "Get all the men and flash or smoke grenades you possibly can in eight minutes." Taylor looked around for any vehicles he could use for an escape, but most were destroyed and the rest would be targeted if he used them. Taylor turned to another soldier who was firing into the darkness. Taylor told the soldier to cease fire and then said, "Find the colonel and give him a message. Tell him to gather up as much men as he can and to scatter in ten minutes. We will all meet on the road five miles outside of the town y'all saved me in six hours. Tell him that there will be radio silence. Now go, quick." The soldier ran off to tell the colonel as Taylor waited for the sergeant to return with men. He would use smoke and flash as cover, so he and the gathered men would escape the encampment to go to the meeting point. The base was loss and this was the only chance Taylor could fathom.

Colonel Maurice received the message loud and clear. Taking the mercenary's advice, he shouted a command in Morbanian code through his command radio, giving all the troops with their radios on that message at least. But, then realizing that many of his men were fresh out of bed and wouldn't be carrying their pieces, the brave colonel fought his way through large groups of attacking guerillas, dealing out death with an AK-74 rifle. Although suffering a bullet wound in the arm, he gritted his teeth and kept on going with several of his loyal soldiers following. Together, they made their way to the tallest guard tower in the compound, and raised an emergency orange flag, easily distinguishable by the light of the gunfire in the dark night, which told the garrison to scatter and meet on the road, later, near Bilga. 'Orange', in this code, referred to Bilga, so Maurice knew the men had gotten the idea.

Climbing down from the tower, the colonel was instantly struck by a hail of bullets unleashed by the vengeful rebels. As he went down, blood soaking the ground, a black and red banner with a scimitar-wielding skeleton, a regimental banner of the guerillas, was raised over the tower and the orange flag pulled down. But the defenders had seen the banner, they knew what it meant. And, so, leaving their camp to the mercy of their enemies, about a hundred troops scattered off into the jungle.
--Best Comment ever.

Sans Frontieres
Diplomat

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Sans Frontieres » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:55 am

Jack followed Denvers as he gestured to him. He look at ground below one last time before he started climbing down the rock cliff.
True enough, Climbing down was much easier than climbing up. It took Jack lesser effort and lesser time to reached the ground below. Once on the ground, Denvers unhook his climbing gear and help Jack down. He then took out the detonator and gave Jack a smile, "You Ready?"
Jack nodded in response, "I was born ready."
"Hahahahaha, I like your guts kid. Okay, Hear we go!" He pressed hard on the detonator and then the Fireworks started.

New Armarzia
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Taylor, the sergeant and another six soldiers ran from the compound. To their luck the soldiers seemed more interested in conquering the base instead of killing troops. The men jogged through the forest, but with the cover of night and trees they wouldn't be found. It took a few hours to reach the meeting zone. Just two other soldiers were at the point, which was no more then a bit of road some miles away from the town. Taylor took out two glowsticks and threw them to the ground. Someone took out a pack of cigarettes and passed it around. At first everyone stood in silence, only the noise of exhaling smoke broke the silence. Taylor stood still and thought out what to do next. So far he would wait for three hours to see how many soldiers would make it to the area and then they would organize into small squads. They wouldn't have any contact with the leadership so they would have to decide to try to re-establish contact or give the rebels a taste of their own medicine. Taylor turned to one of the two men who made it here before him. This man was Lieutenant, and Taylor was going to discuss plans on how to organize troops and what to do.
Last edited by God on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, edited infinite times in total.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Memories of The Forgotten Please check it out if you are interested in STALKER or an RP with a post-apocalyptic vibe.

United Mercenary Firms
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United Mercenary Firms » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:39 am

Jack followed Denvers as he gestured to him. He look at ground below one last time before he started climbing down the rock cliff.
True enough, Climbing down was much easier than climbing up. It took Jack lesser effort and lesser time to reached the ground below. Once on the ground, Denvers unhook his climbing gear and help Jack down. He then took out the detonator and gave Jack a smile, "You Ready?"
Jack nodded in response, "I was born ready."
"Hahahahaha, I like your guts kid. Okay, Hear we go!" He pressed hard on the detonator and then the Fireworks started.

A massive fireball ripped out of the cave, consuming rocket launchers, stinger missiles, mortars, and tons of automatic rifles, grenades, grenade launchers, and ammunition. Large rocks began to crash down, nearly smothering Denvers and Sins. "Hell on wheels, Sins!" screamed Denvers. "Rock fall! We gotta get outta here and to a safe distance!"

Just then, a rock of massive proportions struck Denvers on the head, causing him to collapse. His breathing became shallow, and a pool of blood began to form around his head. "Arrgh..." The old mercenary coughed. "Should've seen it...too stupid....Should have seen this coming..."

Sins would only have a few moments before a jeep arrived, bearing fresh guerillas, as the explosion and subsequent destruction of half the unstable rock formation could be seen for miles. In the meantime, his only hope would be to radio General Moore's helicopters to come and save them.

Taylor, the sergeant and another six soldiers ran from the compound. To their luck the soldiers seemed more interested in conquering the base instead of killing troops. The men jogged through the forest, but with the cover of night and trees they wouldn't be found. It took a few hours to reach the meeting zone. Just two other soldiers were at the point, which was no more then a bit of road some miles away from the town. Taylor took out two glowsticks and threw them to the ground. Someone took out a pack of cigarettes and passed it around. At first everyone stood in silence, only the noise of exhaling smoke broke the silence. Taylor stood still and thought out what to do next. So far he would wait for three hours to see how many soldiers would make it to the area and then they would organize into small squads. They wouldn't have any contact with the leadership so they would have to decide to try to re-establish contact or give the rebels a taste of their own medicine. Taylor turned to one of the two men who made it here before him. This man was Lieutenant, and Taylor was going to discuss plans on how to organize troops and what to do.

About 57 counter-insurgency troops had assembled at the meeting point. After another four hours, dawn was breaking and it was clear no one else was going to make it. Lieutenant Austin, himself a former mercenary before accepting a rank in the Morbanian military, looked out over the road and shrugged at Taylor. "We got no vehicles, only fifty or so guys left, and some of them still in their pajamas. We are too far away from the rest of the military positions to get any backup. It's too far to walk there, and, as evidenced by those squads of attackers you ran into on your way here it would be suicide to try, because we'll be like sheep, getting picked off by guerillas or other factions. What the Hell do you think we can do?"

Austin's voice grew desperate, as his shoulders sagged in defeat. He knew that there was almost no hope left for them, but if this mercenary had a plan, then he was more than willing to listen.
Last edited by United Mercenary Firms on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Best Comment ever.

Sans Frontieres
Diplomat

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Sans Frontieres » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:32 am

"Denvers? Denvers! Look at me man!" Jack shouted as Denvers stopped speaking. Jack look around the area, he knew he was about to be surrounded by the Guerrillas, but he was not about to leave Denvers behind. He searched Denvers body frantically, and found his radio. He quickly tuned into General Moore's frequency and called for help.
"This Jack speaking! We got a man down over and we need immediate air support. The Co-ordinates are 625-" Jack was cut off by a static and then, a voice was heard over the radio.
"Jack Sins was it? This is General Moore speaking. As agreed in our contract; we're not going to give you any support until you have done what you are paid to do. Apparently you'd broken that contract and had called in air support earlier on, that means that you are no longer working for us. We have no need for imbeciles like yourself who can't even complete a simple task." Jack could heard a smirk over the radio.
"But, we destroyed their weapon cache, we'd completed the mission. We're are suppose to be getting our paychecks right now and you are abandoning us!?"
"Yes indeed you had completed the task, but we are not obliged to give any help to fools who wasted our resources on one simple task. Consider this our farewell, hope to see you around. Or maybe not." General Moore's voice could no longer be heard, leaving only static behind.
"Fuck You!" Jack shouted and threw the radio onto the ground. He could hear the engines of a few HUMVEEs closing into their area. He look at Denvers and carried him over his shoulder, before heading towards the jungle just north of his location.
"I'm not leaving you behind."
Last edited by Sans Frontieres on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Mercenary Firms
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United Mercenary Firms » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:43 pm

Sans frontieres wrote:"Denvers? Denvers! Look at me man!" Jack shouted as Denvers stopped speaking. Jack look around the area, he knew he was about to be surrounded by the Guerrillas, but he was not about to leave Denvers behind. He searched Denvers body frantically, and found his radio. He quickly tuned into General Moore's frequency and called for help.
"This Jack speaking! We got a man down over and we need immediate air support. The Co-ordinates are 625-" Jack was cut off but a static and then, a voice was heard over the radio.
"Jack Sins was it? This is General Moore speaking. As agreed in our contract; we're not going to give you any support until you have done what you are paid to do. Apparently you'd broken that contract and had called in air support earlier on, that means that you are no longer working for us. We have no need for imbeciles like yourself who can't even complete a simple task." Jack could heard a smirk over the radio.
"But, we destroyed their weapon cache, we'd completed the mission. We're are suppose to be getting our paychecks right now and you are abandoning us!?"
"Yes indeed you had completed the task, but we are not obliged to give any help to fools who wasted our resources on one simple task. Consider this our farewell, hope to see you around. Or maybe not." General Moore's voice could no longer be heard, leaving only static behind.
"Fuck You!" Jack shouted and threw the radio onto the ground. He could hear the engines of a few HUMVEEs closing into their area. He look at Denvers and carried him over his shoulder, before heading towards the jungle just north of his location.
"I'm not leaving you behind."

It was getting dark. North, was a general direction, because it was getting harder and harder to see anything, much less a compass in your hand, as the night grew. Sins carried Denvers right into the jungle, before something batted him in the face.

It was a guerilla, obviously, judging by his nondescript, ragged, clothing. The dead man was strung upside down by his ankles from a tree. All of his weapons and his ammunition belt had been stripped from the body, leaving just a bloody, mutilated, corpse behind.

Someone else was after Sins now, and it wasn't just the rebels.

A large spotlight swept through the jungle as Denvers began to groan. Something had finally caused him to regain consciousness. "Freeze!" A harsh voice ordered as a light focused directly on the two mercenaries. Something stepped out of the shadows, something so black it almost blended in with the darkness. A noisy radio could be heard nearby, apparently belonging to this living shadow, which carried it in one gloved hand. It wore a gas mask. "Stay where you are," The thing ordered. Denvers' eyes opened wide, as if he recognized the voice.

"Get outta here, Sins!" He screamed. "Drop me, you can't get away carrying me! Just get out of this place and as far away as possible. Now!!"

Sweat and blood from his head injruy was rolling down Denvers' eyes and face, and he looked delirious. But there was a profound urgency in his voice, like a dead man come back to life. "GO!" screamed Denvers, as the trees seemed to lengthen around the two mercenaries. The gas masked shadow, meanwhile, was stepping closer, wordlessly.
--Best Comment ever.

Sans Frontieres
Diplomat

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Sans Frontieres » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Jack dropped the wounded Denvers and rest him on a nearby tree, then he ready his AK. He is not about to leave Denvers, not now at least. He was lucky that he had only one attacker, killing him should be easy. Jack aim towards the light and pulled the trigger, destroying the light that was shining onto them. He then ran towards the shadow and tried to overpowering him by spraying a couple of his bullets but before Jack could even pull the trigger, he was shot in his arm.
"This is your final warning, freeze and you won't be harm." The shadow spoke, but something in Jack's gut is telling him otherwise.
There was nothing Jack could do, he was as good as dead. The pain coming from his arm was excruciating, but Jack was too tired to shout out in pain.
As the shadow came closer, Denvers groaned in pain and muttered to Jack to run, "Go, leave me." he said. He took out his old dog-tag and signaled to Jack to catch it before he threw it towards him. "Take this and go! Leave!" Denvers shouted as he muster up whatever strength that he had left and staggered up, clutching his rifle and aiming it towards the shadow. "This is as far as I go Jack. I am a old soldier of the old generation, and we know when our time is up." He look at Jack and smile, "See you in Hell." he said and pull the trigger onto the shadow.
Jack muster up his last bit of strength and ran deeper into the jungle. He look back once more and clutched his fist, "I'm sorry"

United Mercenary Firms
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United Mercenary Firms » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Sans frontieres wrote:Jack dropped the wounded Denvers and rest him on a nearby tree, then he ready his AK. He is not about to leave Denvers, not now at least. He was lucky that he had only one attacker, killing him should be easy. Jack aim towards the light and pulled the trigger, destroying the light that was shining onto them. He then ran towards the shadow and tried to overpowering him by spraying a couple of his bullets but before Jack could even pull the trigger, he was shot in his arm.
"This is your final warning, freeze and you won't be harm." The shadow spoke, but something in Jack's gut is telling him otherwise.
There was nothing Jack could do, he was as good as dead. The pain coming from his arm was excruciating, but Jack was too tired to shout out in pain.
As the shadow came closer, Denvers groaned in pain and muttered to Jack to run, "Go, leave me." he said. He took out his old dog-tag and signaled to Jack to catch it before he threw it towards him. "Take this and go! Leave!" Denvers shouted as he muster up whatever strength that he had left and staggered up, clutching his rifle and aiming it towards the shadow. "This is as far as I go Jack. I am a old soldier of the old generation, and we know when our time is up." He look at Jack and smile, "See you in Hell." he said and pull the trigger onto the shadow.
Jack muster up his last bit of strength and ran deeper into the jungle. He look back once more and clutched his fist, "I'm sorry"

The Duskeye mercenary went down with a heavy thud. The second man had shot him, but as he was wearing a ballistic vest with ceramic plates, it had little effect. "Gonna pay for that, buddy," grunted the mercenary as he rose to his feet and fired his Uzi micro into the first intruder, killing him.

But the second one was still at large.

The 'shadow' in fact, was a mercenary himself, working for the Duskeye Private Military Company which had established itself as an independent faction in the northern part of the island. One might wonder what they were doing this far south, but it was strictly a scouting mission. They'd killed the guerillas who'd gotten in their way, as they would kill these two new intruders who'd discovered them.

Gritting his teeth and breathing through the gas mask, the mercenary raised a gloved hand to his radio. "Duskeye Four reporting," He shouted. "We got a live one here, on the loose. Spread out and take no chances. If anything so much as moves, shoot it."

The Duskeye Mercenaries all looked alike: Gas mask, ballistic vest, grey uniform, boots. Modern Automatic Rifles with high-quality silencers, an oddity in Morbania, much less here in the jungle, miles from anything.

Shouting ripped through the forest as Sins ran. "I see him!" A spotlight seared through the trees. "This way!"

Flashlight beams danced and bobbed through the night. "Fan out! He's not getting away!"

The Duskeye mercenaries were thrashing through the underbrush so much, however, they could not hear Sins or his escape. Within fifteen minutes, he had outdistanced them. There were noises up ahead, noises from a radio. If Sins were to round the bend, he would find an empty camp site, apparently belonging to government forces, with nine tents pitched next to the trail. A C7 Assault Rifle leaned against a wooden footstool nearby.

The soldiers in this camp were never coming back, but their radio and campsite was still here. Maybe, just maybe, the radio would offer what little hope he had left. Or not. The decision was his. He would never make it through the jungle alive without food or adequate water, constantly getting attacked by wild animals, guerillas, hell knows what else. On the other hand, General Moore might just be on the other end of the radio again.
--Best Comment ever.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates