NATION

PASSWORD

You Are Part of The Machine (closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
North Defese
Minister

Founded: Jun 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

You Are Part of The Machine (closed)

Postby North Defese » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Ambassador Grugov Redenksi felt relieved when the small private jet finally broke through the surface of the black, sick looking clouds and into the bright afternoon sky. The modified Gulfstream V Gregov was sitting in had originally been painted a gleaming white, but years flying in the smog covered skies had stained it a dull gray. Not that Grugov cared about that; it was better than swimming the whole way. And the planes interior was still one of comfort. The seat he was in was bolted next to a small table where a coffee mug and a stack of papers sat. The table was made of fine polished oak, the seat of Italian leather, both rare materials almost never used on Defesian made furniture.

And it swiveled, which was an added bonus.

Grugov raised one of his well manicured hands, to beckon the stewardess towards him, tracking the attractive woman with his fierce blue eyes.

"I'd like more coffee," he asked in a refined Defesian accent, "this flavor does not appeal to me, and the creamer is stale."

The stewardess bowed ever so slightly, a friendly smile plastered on her face.

"Yes sir, would you like anything else?" She asked politely, receiving an irritated wave for her troubles.

"No, go away I have work to do."

"Yes sir."

She left, her smile never faltering. Grugov was now alone, and finally cracked open the packet of papers on the desk next to him. It was filled with information on Cyrupe, an Imperialistic Republic residing in Azhukali East. He had been told diplomatic relations were being reconnected, including a long list of reasons why. But Grugov knew half of the items the list touched upon were garbage just being used to take up space and make it look more official. The bottom line was, Cyrupe had something Defese wanted. An educated guess would say it had something to do with Defesian companies being in complete control of the designing and manufacturing of a sizable chunk of Cyrup's naval fleets, a detail that made it close to impossible for the foreigners to refuse anything that was demanded of them.

And, as usual, he turned out to be right. The next pages he stumbled upon detailed exactly why he was to coerce the naval power, and, for once, Grugov felt a devilish smile snake it's way along his normally indifferent features.

Kaltz's Carleton International

The sun was just slipping behind the distant horizon, casting a pleasant orange glow across the evening sky. In the other direction, the city lights of the capital city twinkled against the growing darkness. It all looked peaceful, but the moment Grugov had stepped out of the idle plane and took the first step down the small staircase, the hot, humid air hit him like a blast furnace.

"By Elgr," the ambassador swore quietly, using the name of the old Defesian god of Earth, "how do these people survive here?"

He took the final steps down the stairs, and his feet were firmly planted against the warm asphalt of the tarmac. His massive 6'2" frame fit snugly in his custom made gray suit, which boasted a look of cold hearted efficiency, was already threatening to become drenched with sweat stains. He bowed slightly to the officials who were waiting for him just off the tarmac, speaking as he greeted them.

"Hello there, I am Grugov Redenski, a loyal servant to Chancellor Nathaniel. I come to discuss our nations relationship."
Last edited by North Defese on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:08 am, edited 8 times in total.
"One minute Defesian logic is all happy and joyish with some seriousness involved. Then suddenly you look into the context and notice a brutal, bloody wording.
And you're like 'Holy shit, Defese is terrifying.'" - Restored Belka
The Defesian National Anthem
Pro: good things :)
Con: bad things >:(

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:19 pm

The Imperial Republic had always claimed it was free, but the reality was far from it and the public knew it. Without Defesian technology, Cyrupe's naval power would be diminished like a bath tub being drained. Before they would even know what happened their power in the region and the world would hit the bottom rock-fucking hard. Sure, they'd keep their vessels of war but parts would rapidly become the hardest things to find. While the Cyrupeans had been trying in recent days to begin designing the majority of the vessels they operate, it would be many years until they even had a small chance to break free from North Defese.

Now the Defesian ambassador was coming for various reasons but there were no doubts by the government that this would involve Cyrupe getting it's hands dirty for the Defesians in one way or another in order to keep their power. It wasn't necessarily an abnormally hot day but it certainly wasn't normal for what was officially the Cyrupean winter months. Most of the officials sent to meeting the Defesian ambassador were staying inside the air conditioned terminal until it was absolutely necessary to come out, preferring to avoid having their various suits stained with sweat being the first sight the ambassador from North Defese saw.

Among the group a few people stood out. Specifically Ambassador Lauren Hayes, Admiral Joseph Hofstadter, who was serving as an adviser to the president, and President Michael Flauer himself. All of them somewhat nervous yet accepting of the realities in the situation that could be brought to the table. Regardless of this, all of them regretted the decisions former President Ross Favro. The man was easily as crazy and perhaps even stupider than former President Steven LeMaer. It was no wonder he was a one-term president, especially with how he basically tried to outsource as much as he could. Thankfully he only managed to sell off naval production and not anything else within his era of mental retardation.

But now the plane landed and it was indeed time to face the devil himself. An attractive although slightly short assistant standing at 5'5 with a strikingly curvy figure, long red hair and peircing green eyes approached the group that was made up almost entirely of males except for the Ambassador. Her name was Nicole Culbertson and while she would roll her eyes when the men hit on her, which seemed to be the theme of the century to the group she worked for, she couldn't lie and secretly liked the attention they gave her. "Ladies and gentlemen," Nicole said casually but in a serious tone, interrupting some conversation about fine liquor and how abnormal the heatwave was, "The ambassador's plane is currently on final approach, I've been told that you all might care to step outside before they land and meet their ambassador before he finds that he has to walk to find you."

Nicole put a hand in her black pant's left pocket, caressing something that wasn't known to anyone in the room besides her and Michael Flauer. She looked down and smiled before walking into a different room, obviously busy with some paperwork. Nicole had a role bigger than most people knew and would at some point come to a more important role in Cyrupe. Michael Flauer didn't notice Nicole caressing something, but if he did he certainly would know what it was.

"Lets go boys and girls." Flauer said in a tone of voice fit for expedition leaders and generals leading their men into a suicide mission, "We've best play with our childhood devil before it decides to play with us." President Michael Flauer had sworn an oath to protect the Cyrupean people over all else, but now that oath may as well rip him to shreds. He opened the glass door, the stark contrast in temperatures between the hot outside and the artificially cool inside was almost refreshing yet almost nauseating to him.

The walk to the tarmac was short, the heat from the concrete felt like the surface of the sun itself. Normally the Imperial Republic's homeland wasn't unnecessarily hot, but the year was full of unnecessary abnormalities anyway and the heat may as well have been one. A small, colorfully patterned cat was seen in the distance looking like it was trying to hunt it's evening meal. Suddenly, it stopped and turned it's ears in the direction of the runway; something was coming and it knew it. Before whatever it was came, the cat quickly ran off under a small hole in the fence and disappeared into the distance.

The Gulfstream V landed in what seemed to be no time at all and shortly after it came to a stop on the tarmac the door opened. The ambassador Gregov Redenksi just looked intimidating. He could have been the Defesian equivalent to Gandhi and he still would have made the group of Cyrupean officials nervous. The man spoke in an ever-so-familiar Defesian accent, one that couldn't ever be forgotten.

"Welcome Ambassador Redenksi!" Ambassador Lauren Hayes said with a somewhat happy tone of voice, "We're so glad the Chancellor chose to send you in his behalf." Few others spoke, opting to remain silent and motionless as an unusually chilled wind blew from the ocean. Perhaps the winds of change, perhaps some unusual atmospheric changes. Regardless of what it was, it was a little eerie of how it blew but at least it chilled the air slightly.

"Let's go inside where it's cooler. I'm positive you would enjoy talking diplomacy with us in a more comfortable setting." Lauren, who stood slightly taller than Nicole at 5'6 had shorter chest-long hair and wore a light, sweet smelling perfume changed her tone and subject slightly in an effort to perhaps please North Defese's ambassador to Cyrupe, even if it meant inevitably selling her own body. The group started walking when Lauren mentioned something, "Perhaps we can even go out to dinner together later, experience some cuisine and have a little fun?" Despite no one probably seeing it, she almost instinctively winked and let out a small smile.

What the future would hold was uncertain, what the past held was clear. The center, today, was what would inevitably determine what seemed to be a predetermined fate of Cyrupe becoming nothing more than another part of the machine. A domino falling into place perhaps. The chance of changing their future wasn't very bright at all and about on par with the chance space travel would become commonplace within the next year. Though Lauren didn't even dare make the sound out loud, inside she was sighing. She had come to peace with the fact that this would probably be the future for Cyrupe and no amount of seducing diplomats could change it. Still, that didn't mean she wouldn't try.

North Defese
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Defese » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Grugov was all smiles when he straightened himself to address Lauren as she greeted him, but the facade cracked when she attempted to flirt with him. Immediately, his carefree attitude changed to that of disgust, and he gave Lauren a cold stare, ignoring her offer for dinner and focusing on the men. He found it highly annoying that a woman had spoken up before the men he was conducting business with. He tolerated many of the foreigners strange habits, but this was almost inexcusable.

"The Chancellor sends his wishes," he starts speaking as he breaks into a walk behind the group, masking his contempt with ease, "and has asked me to congratulate you on your recent financial success. It is our understanding that Maritime Incorporated launched an additional seven ships for the merchant fleet, and quite a few military vessels."

Grugov did not choose that particular corporation by chance, it was one of the largest Defesian companies stationed in Cyrupe. It helped to remind them where their place was, making them more willing to roll over and let the Defesians stomp on the other side of their face.

"Thanks to our cooperation, both our maratime economies are flourishing," Grugov continued, his stare boring into Laurens back while he maintained his polite chatting, "and both our nations have grown deeply interconnected with one another."

He tugged on his collar. He had just landed, yet he felt like the entire nation was already conspiring to infuriate him. First the disgusting whore had the audacity to attempt to seduce him, and now nature itself was throwing an outrageous heat wave that was threatening to drench his suit with sweat.

"And I apologize, but I must ask. Is it always this hot here? Must be very unpleasant to live here in the summer."

"And every other time of year," he thought, but did not speak out loud.
Last edited by North Defese on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
"One minute Defesian logic is all happy and joyish with some seriousness involved. Then suddenly you look into the context and notice a brutal, bloody wording.

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Upon seeing how Gregov changed from moderate happiness to what appeared to be extreme disgust, Lauren felt her heart drop suddenly and even more so when he returned her simple request for dinner together with what seemed to be a stare of pure hatred for her. "Well, that attempt is out the window. I've made myself look like a two-bit slut for nothing. Great job, self!" Lauren abused herself mentally, although she remained quiet and stared towards the ground from that point on. This probably would mean her job as the Cyrupean-North Defese ambassador was pretty much over, and ironically it was all because she tried to 'save' her country by flirting with the man who probably called most of the shots when it came to Cyrupe's future.

Of course business was the next topic of discussion, no doubt to remind the Cyrupean officials their position at that point. "Yes, I know and I am very pleased about it indeed. It's a new era of prosperity for both of our nations I believe." Flauer said with a somewhat happy tone before thinking some rather unpleasant thoughts, "Jeez, we've got out nuts stepped on right now and he's sitting here telling me that they're prospering over it. It's just fucking wonderful." He exhaled, his breath burning with every second. It was like the desert with the concrete reflecting the heat. "Also, Ambassador Gregov, I honestly hate to do this in front of you, so my honest apologies here but it has to be said. Lauren, I feel your behavior was somewhat acceptable and I feel that it is best that you apologize to Gregov for your actions."

"Really now Michael? You're really gonna play this shit in front of the ambassador to make him feel good?" Lauren thought to herself quietly, only getting further enraged. She probably was going to yell at him when they had a moment of privacy yet she still loved him in her own weird way. The group stopped since Michael stopped, but they were getting very close to the door anyway so it didn't really quite matter too much. Lauren turned to face Grugov, although she kept looking down, refusing to look at Grugov's eyes out of respect. "I apologize to you sincerely for my actions and I assure you it will not happen again. I honestly feel that my actions were wrong and that I was out of place."

After a short period of time the group kept walking when Grugov asked a question about the heat. Admiral Joseph Hofstadter, a mostly quiet and older man spoke up for what was possibly the first time, "No, Ambassador Gregov Redenksi, it is thankfully not this hot all the time at all. It's usually pretty mild during the summers as well but this year we seem to be having an unusual heat wave. According to the weather reports it should clear up next month. Until then it seems we have to just deal with it I'm afraid."

The admiral opened the glass door which let out a small and cheerful ding and let Ambassador Gregov go in first, with the others trailing in behind him. There were two very nice leather sofas and several recliners along with a beautiful marble bar. Lauren didn't stay however, choosing to go to the room where Nicole was. Before she shut the door, she said a short goodbye and then gently closed it. "So, down to business, yes?" Flauer said while taking a seat in one of the leather sofas, "You've obviously come here for some reason and want something from us, correct?"

Behind the closed door Lauren was, needless to say, fuming and was venting her anger at a somewhat-drowsy Nicole, although silently so the 'big boys' wouldn't hear them even though the walls were thick. "You and I both love Michael, Nicole but honestly he can be such an ass some times. He made me apologize to our wonderful visiting diplomat like I was five. Fuck that, honestly. If it wasn't for the potential future of Cyrupe I would have kicked that Gregov asshole right between the nuts."

Nicole was brushing her hair with a beautiful comb that had an inlay of mother of pearl, a gift obviously from Michael due to it's cost. "It's okay Lauren, I'm sure Michael is doing it for that reason too. We just gotta play nice with these guys so they'll let us keep our freedom. Gregov obviously doesn't think women have rights in a proper society so he's just a little freaky with the whole concept I think. We just gotta stay out of his way and I'm sure you and I both will be fine. Though I think it might be wise for Michael to choose another ambassador to North Defese after this event."

North Defese
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Defese » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Grugovs demeanor had changed dramatically when Michael had stopped their little group to berate the ambassador, and his smug smile screamed just how much he approved of it. He accepted Laurens apology with a simple nod, already forgetting she even existed once they had resumed walking into the building when a draft of cold air from the open door hit him. It felt to Grugov like slipping into a silk velvet glove, and relief flooded through him as he took a single moment to wipe his brow, brushing a bit of his blonde hair back into place in the process.

"Thank Herfiligr, they have air conditioning," he thought, "at least they aren't completely backward barbarians."

Out loud, he pretended to be exasperated at the admirals remark.

"You seem to imply that we seek to take advantage of you, and I apologize if I gave you that impression. I must assure you that our intentions are seen as in the best interest of both our nations. I come under a flag of friendship, as a diplomat wishing to strengthen our relationship. I am not a brute trying to coerce you into doing our bidding." his apologetic smile was genuine, but his eyes told the real story. They were puppets, and Grugov was loving being able to finally pull on their strings.

He took his seat in the sofa next to the admiral, adjusting his slightly sweat stained suit so that it didn't crease anywhere.

Grugov had made it a point to sit before the President did. In Defese, you waited until your superiors were all seated before you, and the ambassadors action, simple as it was, showed utter disregard for Michael's position as president. Grugov may be acting behind a thin veil of diplomatic niceties, but that didn't mean he would let the Cyrupeans get uppity and think they had any power here.

After a split second of consideration, he decided to drive that point home when he spoke up again.

"And I must request that the woman we had here earlier, Lauren I believe her name was, that you terminate her status as ambassador to Defese. Her actions would surely act only to deteriorate diplomatic relations, as I do not think the embassy staff, or the Chancellor for that matter, would appreciate being flirted with at every turn."

His eyes flitted to Michael, and this time his smile seemed to expose his razor sharp canines.

"I'm sure her lewd behavior is well known to you, isn't it, Michael? You do keep tabs on people when they have relations with others in power, I'm sure."

He waited a moment for the implications of that statement to sink in.
Last edited by North Defese on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:43 pm

It was more than obvious that Michael and the rest of the group were being treated like dogs with a bad case of fleas. It wasn't so amusing any more and Michael was quickly considering the best ways out of the situation. The obvious pretending that he cared about Cyrupe or anything else about the nation was getting old and quick, but it rather rapidly became obvious that Grugov's true colors were not the same ones he flew when he first got to Cyrupe.

If it wasn't for the air conditioning, it truly would be hell on Earth in the room. "Perhaps I do, perhaps I don't, Ambassador Grugov. Who's position is it to decide what I feel and what I do not feel? I have a hard time believing you, since I know you want something. This isn't about you even, although I know you love to see people squirm, it is about your nation. It wants something," Michael paused momentarily, his rage building up. But he bit his tongue rapidly, silencing himself instantly, "But perhaps I am wrong, perhaps you do come under a flag of friendship. It is wrong of me to judge you."

"Yeah right." Michael thought to himself. "It's pretty goddamn obvious what he wants and I can tell myself right fucking now it isn't going to be pretty. The quicker this ends, the quicker I'm going to be happy again. Hell, I had forgotten about this whole thing until today. Now I'm forced to remind myself about the past that so delightfully tortures me today."

He heard the request to terminate Lauren's status as ambassador to North Defese and his heart sank beneath his emotions because of it. It was drawing close to the final straw yet all Michael could do was sit and listen like a dog, if he was good he would be given a treat but if he was bad, it was off to the slaughter house quicker than he could spell his first name or his lovers' first names for that matter. Michael remained silent, watching and waiting for what Grugov would do next.

The man smiled and exposed what looked like a dog bares when it is angry, the canine teeth. To seem a man smile in a way so evil that they were exposed considerably was a little frightening to Michael. And then he heard it, the words that could possibly end is career entirely for the rest of his life, not to mention the careers of Nicole and Lauren. Michael clenched his right fist almost as if he was going to punch Grugov. Michael didn't really say anything for a short moment but instead only smiled and looked Grugov into his evil eyes.

"Of course, Ambassador. It will be taken care of, I assure you that in it's entirety. She'll be relieved of her position as ambassador to Defese and will never be put on a diplomatic mission involving Defese again. I'm positive the Chancellor will be pleased about that, won't he? Now if you excuse me, I must take care of something."

Michael got up off his seat and went to the room where Lauren and Nicole had disappeared into earlier, making a point to not only slam the door but to lock it as well. Obviously these actions startled Lauren who had just fallen asleep and Nicole who was browsing the internet on a small, black laptop. "Fuck!" Michael said, although he didn't necessarily want to yell it so he kept his tone down. "What is wrong babe?" Nicole said while looking up from her laptop, which just so happened to coincide with Michael's right fist slamming a nice-sized hole into the wall, causing a surprising amount of the room to shake.

"That kinda thing, huh?" Lauren asked without even opening her eyes all the way. "Yeah, that kind of thing girls. Apparently you're now fired from the ambassador position and Grugov knows about the thing I think, I'm pretty sure anyway." Michael winced in pain, blood dribbling from his knuckles and causing a stain on the white carpet. He rustled around some boxes in a corner in the room and found some gauze and medical tape. Falling to the corner of the room, barely able to keep from bursting into tears Michael wrapped his hand up the best he could.

He stood up, primarily forced to use his left hand due to the pain and walked over to where the girls were sitting. He keeled down and kissed them both on the forehead knowing it was probably the last moment alone he would have in a long time. Michael stood up, opened the door and sat back down. "I'm sorry about that, an old. . ." Michael trailed off trying to come up with an excuse. "An old sports injury that flared up. I couldn't find the gauze and cream so I had to go on a wild goose chase for it." What made the situation slightly worse is that a little bit of blood was showing through the white gauze, probably making his already stupid lie that less believable.

North Defese
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Defese » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Grugov took a bit of morbid satisfaction in pushing the President, one of the most powerful individuals in Cyrupe, to an emotional breakdown. He brushed a bit of imaginary dust from the front of his uniform when Michael had shut the door. Addressing the admiral and other officials in the room, he dropped the act. His speech was short, demanding, and challenged anyone to protest.

"The matters I must discuss are for Michael's ears only. Please leave this room immediately while we discuss matters of vital importance. I will take any refusal to do so as a wish to sever diplomatic and economic relations. So unless you wish to become a third world cesspit, which honestly would be an improvement, I recommend you find another room to waste precious time in-"

He halted, hearing the faint sound of what sounded like someone punching a hole in the wall.

"Don't worry," he continued after a quiet chuckle, "you'll become aware of the details in time. But right now, leave. Go!"

He waved them away, his piercing blue eyes watching them scurry away.

"Rats, that's all they are. Cowardly little rats."

Grugov rose when Michael had reentered the room. He easily towered over the President, but that was never as obvious as it was now.

"Michael," he refused to call him by his title, "we've had our fun, but now it is time to get down to business."

It was in his expression, the way he moved, the way he talked. This was not the man who had exited the plane just minutes prior. This was now a man who would not hesitate in killing every last man, woman, and child in this entire Godforsaken land these people called a country. In one instant, all the excuses and rationalizations Michael had erected in a way of humanizing this monster before him were demolished beyond repair.

A million souls were about damned, and Michael was going responsible for the suffering of every single on of them. And the scary thing was, there was nothing he could do about it.

"We've spent several years playing a nice little game of pretend. We've pretended you're independent, you've pretended we don't call the shots here. You like to pretend we don't know every little detail about that little relationship you are in. You pretend we don't have the power to ruin your entire civilization, to write you from history with with a single stroke of a pen. You like to pretend you are more then a protectorate.

"Michael, it is time you faced the reality of your situation. Defese has grown tired of these games. The time has come for you to accept your role as a mere pawn for the State. You are nothing more then an infected zit on the face of history. If you do not cooperate, you will be destroyed. Wiped from the world and forgotten. It is really that simple. You are not a free man. You never were. It's time to accept that."
Last edited by North Defese on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:07 am

The Admiral, among other officials was a little displeased when Grugov's charade fell to pieces and he revealed his very nasty and very true colors. Sure, it was all just a big joke and most of the group knew that independence was a small charade that was poorly veiled behind freedom. Hofstadter thought to himself as he left the room, not bothering to look the man in the eyes and half tempted to tell the ambassador where he's going to be shoving his black boots. "Yeah asshole. Sure we're leaving. Keep up the charade, I'm sure we'll all like it when we finally show who you all are."

When the door opened a hot wind blew, much unlike the cold one that blew across the water earlier. It was oddly embracing yet torturing to Admiral Hofstadter, regardless it allowed him to think while he felt like he was inhaling fire and exhaling ashes that were once his lungs. "I feel sorry for the men working out in the field, don't you all?" Admiral Hofstadter asked with a somewhat mock inquisitive tone to spark a conversation now that they were away from the ambassador who clearly was the creation of some Satanic ritual. The field wasn't necessarily what most people would think, no it wasn't a work field at all. What the field Admiral Hofstadter was referring to did was design and build CYRUPEAN vessels underground. Not the ships that made Cyrupe a slave to North Defese but the very ships that would set them free.

It was an expensive project and one that would take many years to finally come to fruition but it would mean the Imperial Republic of Cyrupe could be truly free from Defesian tyranny. To claim you're facing your ultimate devil is one thing, to actually fight it is another. Clearly Defesian ships outnumbered what Cyrupe had of it's own vessels but there was also a large and desperate amount of parts needed to maintain the Defesian ships should they cut off the part supply in an event the Cyrupeans tried to revolt. Parts were rapidly being reverse engineered, but some parts would have to be replaced completely.

Silence was heard, only the heat's movement through the air. "Welcome to hell, gentlemen. Welcome to our future." Admiral Hofstadter said as they walked across the tarmac, the runway and by the interior edge of the fence preventing the outside in. "Indeed we've had our fun, Gregov. I do hope you enjoy the wonderful hell your tyrants so desperately try to cling to. Don't kid yourself Gregov, please. We've had enough of that today, I believe." Michael was angry and though Gregov felt that the Cyrupeans couldn't do anything, he was dead wrong.

"The pretend was fun while it lasted, wasn't it? The whole selling us naval equipment so we have to obey you thing was utterly comical! Indeed, it was a great plan and do send kudos to who came up with that one; obviously it wasn't the Chancellor. Perhaps you yourself seeing as you have more intelligence than one of the locusts that once roamed your land. We'll cooperate, if but for now; seriously cut the bullshit and get on with it. You don't intimidate me right now and you never will, all it does is waste your time Gregov."

Underground top-secret naval design and construction facility

"Ah fuck!" An engineer shouted, his left hand and forearm getting scraped against one of the various gigantic bolts that were being cut because he was clumsy. A red light came on rapidly and the machines came to a halt. The engineer, 28 year-old Alvin Mayne didn't even really get caught in the machine or hurt enough to warrant a halt in the sector but he was glad a response happened so rapidly. "You okay Alvin?" A voice shouted over the intercom of the facility. It was harsh, obviously a voice owned by a man who had seen many struggles in the plant.

"Yeah," Alvin said as he stood up in his radio, the red lights still flashing. "I'm fine. Just was a little clumsy. Feel free to disengage the system again, I'm not too worried about my arm right now and we need to get to work." He clicked off the radio and kept on walking through the completely isolated and completely underground complex which was almost a city in it's own right. "Alright Alvin, be more careful, okay?" The voice said with a bit of concern before clicking off. Alvin walked past a behemoth or at least something that looked like one from the perspective he was standing at. It was shape and looks of a destroyer, an older design of pre-Defesian era ships but modernized, and recently built in record time; much quicker than the Defesians could turn out what was basically the same product.

But unlike the Defesian product, the Cyrupeans could maintain it in the event that the Defesians cut the production lines. Once it was complete, which would only be a few more days, it would go through a complex and expensive system of elevators and tunnels to get to the surface where it would quickly be docked and hidden among the other vessels. Other sectors of the facility were building different ships of different sizes and classifications, but despite all this they couldn't figure a way to build aircraft carriers and get them through the tunnels without them getting damaged. They had to rely on an outside source for that; the Britannians among other people.

The future had a chance of being bright, but it depended on the yard and her ability to produce a mass amount of ships to fight the Defesians should time come. They had missile shields in place, they had a navy being built and they were slowly but surely growing their military and air force in size. Unfortunately, the Imperial Republic of Cyrupe had to just wait and until they were ready, they had to play along.

North Defese
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Defese » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:12 pm

Gregov narrowed his eyes at Michael. Without glancing down, he reached into his back pocket and pulled out a small, sleek looking black cellphone.

"You still don't understand how serious this matter is. Allow me to put it in perspective for you."

He pressed a button, and the faint sound of dialing numbers could be heard. Grugov lifted the small device to his ear, and spoke in rapid Defesian. His gaze never left Michael.

"No," he added in English, "I don't think we'll have any problems with security."

In one fluid motion, he flipped the phone closed and slipped it into his pocket.

"That was a call to the two men still on board the plane," Grugov began to explain, devoid of emotion, "they are going to exit it now, and come inside this building with us. They are armed. There is nothing you can do about this now."

Almost as if on cue, the glass door to the outside flew open, and a wave of hot air swept into the room. Following the gust were two almost identical looking men. Their black military uniforms and pale features seemed to suck the life out of everything around them. They fanned out to both sides of the door, allowing it to slowly drift shut. Alexandrii on the right, Rasputov on the left. Both of them stood as tall as Grugov, but unlike him they showed no signs of having even a shred of humanity left inside their souls. The walk through the horrific heat seemed to not have even been noticed by them, and they stood motionless while their eyes bore into Michael, mentally picking him apart.

"Notice their eyes," Grugov strode over to Alexandrii, and gestured to his face, "you see how they look? How completely devoid of life they are? These are the Defesian Guardsmen, Michael. They are the personification of all that is evil in this world."

He added something in Defesian to the men, and within an instant both of the Guardsmen were brandishing small pistols.

"They are unquestionably loyal, they kill on command without a moments hesitation. Men, women, children."

Grugov traced a scar that went along Alexandrii's face, starting parallel with the eyebrow before curving downwards to follow the eye.

"This scar? All of them have this. It's a rite of passage. They hold you down, and slice open the skin. The more you scream, the deeper they cut."

Grugov turned in place to face Michael, and this time his eyes were ablaze with hatred.

"Bring the bitch, in the next room." He ordered, pointing first at Alexandrii, then at the door housing Nicole and Lauren, "Bust the door down and drag her out by the hair if you must. When you have her, tie her to the floor and shoot her. In the back, it's the only death these people know."

He pointed at Rasputov, and then again at Michael.

"If our guest intervenes in any way, restrain him. But make sure he watches. This is for his benefit after all."

Without making a sound, both of them moved to fulfill Grugovs request.

"It's time to learn what happens when you question me, Mr. President."
Last edited by North Defese on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Michael knew that what he had done just probably doomed someone to a painful death the moment Gregov claimed that he didn't understand how serious the matter was. "Oh god no. . . " Michael thought to himself, his blood soaked gauze coming slightly unwrapped as he clenched and unclenched his fist constantly. Michael was screaming on the inside and was just about to scream on the outside, "No mother fucker, I understand perfectly what's going on." Yet he remained silent, never breaking his gaze from Gregov who seemed to be enjoying every second of his little play.

Outside the Admiral and the rest of the group were a little surprised when when two men burst from the plane and were very glad that they were not anywhere near that little box of fucked-up surprises when they emerged. The Admiral spoke up finally after a short period of time, "Seriously guys, that thing is like a jack-in-the-box that spews blood and eats fingers from children. What's more horrifying is that there are several billion more freakish things where it came from just waiting to brutally desecrate our corpses."

The group watched as the two men dressed almost completely in black burst through the glass door and just watched, utterly helpless about the situation at that point. Of course Gregov was on Cyrupean territory and if they truly felt they had nothing to lose they could call in for the special operations security assigned to Michael to come and just utterly murder every single living Defesian in the area. Unfortunately the result would probably be the destruction of the Imperial Republic of Cyrupe.

Inside, Michael had his own little nightmare come to fruition and began to pray to the closest thing to a God to him. He watched, ever so silent, as Gregov explained the nature of these two soulless people, almost identical and just as tall as Gregov. They looked like they had a tortured life but didn't really care. It was moderately creepy to Michael when they stared into his soul, drilling through him with their eyes constantly watching him. This would either be his violent mutilation and torture or that of some innocent animal, he couldn't really tell the difference at that point.

"I don't want to stare into their eyes, Gregov. Their eyes are the portal into Satan's deepest circle of hell and I fear that I may activate it while looking at them." Michael's remark was obviously insulting and just off-handed. Remembering that giving a thumbs up to a Defesian was like slapping them in the face with one's genitalia, Michael raised his left hand and quickly did a large, fully extended thumbs up before having a grin that would only be matched by a man in a shit-eating contest. He further listened to Gregov before hearing the words that brought his sweet dream to an end and brought him to his nightmare.

"What? No fucking way." Michael thought to himself, barely holding his tears back knowing that either girl could be in there. Hopefully one of them was in the bathroom. "You know," Michael said with the desire to only enrage Gregov despite a giant standing in front of him that quite possibly threatened to kill him, "It's funny to me Gregov. Your death will probably be by a bullet in the back as well. Perhaps it is the only death your barbaric people know as well? We're not too different, you and I. Perhaps you lead men that have the intelligence of a small primate and pray that you don't get blood on your hilariously expensive custom order suit but we're the same in the very end."

Michael leaned further into the chair, just laughing. "Mind if I smoke, seeing as how I want to enjoy the show?" Michael pointed to his pocket gesturing towards the slightly exposed pack of cigarettes and a cheap lighter. He saw the door get kicked down and heard a distinct scream when Alexandrii entered the room. It sounded like Nicole, which was a blessing and a cursing at the same time. "Please let Lauren be hiding in the bathroom." was repeated over and over in Michael's head. While he put on a demeanor of not giving two shits about what Gregov did, he did inside of him.

After lighting the cigarette, Michael saw Nicole dragged out by her hair but not Lauren, further assuring that Nicole would die and not Lauren. "The innocent and pure-blooded lamb must pay for it's master's sins despite it's innocence." Michael said out quietly, quoting a verse from a religious text found in a natural cave west of Kaltz, smoke pouring out of his mouth as he spoke and blowing it in the direction of Rasputov. Ironically the scripture was found in the town Nicole was born. Not necessarily liking the taste of the cigarette, Michael turned it downwards and put it out in the ashtray near him. "You know Raspberry," Michael said as an intentional mispronunciation of Rasputov's name, "Gregov too, you both need to smoke, it's good for your future since it may prevent either of you from having dreadful spawn that may have to take after you."

North Defese
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Defese » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:27 pm

Grugovs features became contorted with anger, and he snapped at Alexandrii in his native tongue. Obliging, Alexandrii threw Nicole onto the tile floor, and shoved his knee into her spine just above her waist. With his other hands he forcefully held her arms down, making it so she was unable to move.

Grugov screamed in Michael's face, "WHY DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?! ARE YOU REALLY THIS FUCKING USELESS!? SHE IS GOING TO DIE! THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP THIS!"

He unleashed an inhuman, rage filled scream as he turned towards the helpless Nicole. He took two powerful strides and tore an exposed dagger that had been concealed Alexandrii's boot. Without a single moment of thought, he lifted the sharpened blade and brought it down with all his strength between Nicoles shoulder blades. Alexandrii did nothing more then lean up and back slightly to avoid the blades path as it sliced through the air.

The knife easily sank down to the hilt, severing the woman's spinal column as if it was butter. Nicole slumped downwards onto the floor, now having no control over her body as she was thrown into paralysis. But she could still scream.

And she did, a pained scream that pierced the calm air of the evening sky, muffled only by the thick walls of the building.

Grugov did not stop there. He yanked the knife out and once more slammed it downwards inside Nicole with a sickening wet thud. An animalistic fury had overtaken him, and he continued this rampage. Several times when he tore it out, a spray of blood had followed it, coating his uniform. Nicole could only watch, before the darkness overtook her vision completely, as her life seeped out into the tile floor.

Finally, after what seemed to be an eternity, Grugov halted. He was exhausted, and slumped backwards. His entire torso was covered with streaks of blood.

He wiped his forehead, smearing it with even more blood.

"It is easy," he panted heavily, adressing Michael, "easy to take a life."

He rose after a few seconds rest, and looked down at his uniform with slight annoyance, aggravated that it would know need washing. The astmosphere of diplomatic formalities had returned to him, and he showed no signs of considering what had just transpired as anything more then business as usual.

"I want to show you something," he motioned Alexandrii away, and flipped the limp Nicole over. Taking the knife once more, he pulled her eyelids upwards with his fingers, and, carefully manipulating the blade he sliced them off. Tossing the bits of skin away, he hoisted her up so that she faced Michael, ignoring as her various wounds released even more bodily fluids onto his uniform.

"You see her eyes?" He asked Michael, repeating what he said earlier, "you see how they are devoid of life? Do you see now? We are the same. In life, and in death."

He shoved Nicole forward, letting the corpse crumple forwards into her former lover.

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:48 pm

Something violent was indeed going on and everyone outside knew it when they saw the splatter of blood against the glass window. Admiral Joseph Hofstadter was really the first to bother inquiring to the others about what was going on. "What exactly do you fucktards think is going on? Why are we not doing anything about it is my primary concern. You assholes should have done something at the very least along the lines of, Hey Joseph! Ya see that? Should I put in the call?"

Hofstadter shook his head in anger. "No, you're all lazy mother fuckers and we're lucky that we can at least see things going on and know that Michael is still alive!" Hofstadter quickly flipped open a small cellphone and dialed a number. He was calling the Presidential Guard unit which was conveniently stationed nearby due to the fact the meeting was held at the airport and they liked staying close enough where they could respond on a three to six minute notice. Going in fully would be too risky but the tactical usage of a sniper or two would make the situation considerably better. Any and all chances of Cyrupe getting out of this unscathed flew out the window.

Most of the group couldn't make out the words that Hofstadter was saying and the few snippets of what they could make out led them to realize what was going to happen wouldn't be very fun for those inside the building. And within literally minutes two gigantic armored vans painted black with a white stripe down their sides rolled up. The rear doors opened and a ramp fell down causing a pile of dust to fly into the air in a violent fashion. The first man out carried what looked to be a long pole with a hook on it's end.

He walked to the left side of the second van and waved the hook through a small metal circle. With a small tug a ladder came down; by this time most of the passengers of the two vans were out and taking cover behind their vehicles with four men in total, two per van who had large rifles strapped on their backs climbed up the newly placed ladders. Their objectives were pretty easy to get done, shoot the two muscle heads and then burst in the room and secure Gregov. Gregov was but a pawn, yes but he was a pawn that fun was to be had with and it was always a rule not to kill ambassadors in Cyrupe unless it was necessary.

The men got up on their vehicles, the heat more present while they were laying against the metal than at any other point in the day. Rifles at the ready, they were just waiting for the call from the ground extraction team who was waiting near the door. Michael just happened to glance outside when he saw the vans in the distance. He let out a little smile, the first real movement he had done since Grugov brutally murdered Nicole. He closed his eyes, preparing for what was to come. "You know Grugov, I don't really care anymore. You ruined your expensive suit just like I said you would and while you won't get shot in the back, you're going to have some fun with me later. I'll show you how easy it is to take . . ."

Michael stopped upon hearing thuds and glass shatter and suddenly his vision got smokey, he could barely see what was going on at all and couldn't tell who died and who lived. He heard a very loud thud which reminded him of a door being kicked off his hinges. He heard yells of "hands up, get on the ground!" but he just remained motionless, not wanting to do anything. His mind slid towards Nicole and Lauren, but specifically Lauren who was probably scared out of her mind at this point.

North Defese
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Defese » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Grugov awoke with a start, and his senses flooded his minds with information. He was strapped to a cold metal chair. The room he was in was small, the walls were concrete splashed with the dim lighting provided by the single light bulb dangling from the ceiling.

He tugged at the handcuffs digging into the flesh of his wrist, and felt a throbbing pain in his left side.

-thrown to the ground slamming into the tile Alexandrii fires a shot off at the first one to shatter the glass he drops like a rock flood inside shots going off Rasputov lunges at one slices open his neck he falls with the officer going black slipped on the blood losing consciousness-

Grugov finally notices the one way glass, and it snaps him out of his flashback. He eyes it briefly, and wonders what he looks like. He glances down, sees that he is still in his blood stained uniform, and feels a moment of disgust.

"Do you happen to have a wet towel for me to wipe this mess off with?" He calls to the glass, looking back up and fixing his gaze on it, "I simply cannot continue diplomatic discussions looking like this. And I must protest these conditions, I am a guest here and should be treated as such."
Last edited by North Defese on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:24 pm

The glass returned Grugov's stare with little more than a cold silence. The entire room was freezing, although the people behind the glass felt that Grugov had more than enough warmth under his blood-caked suit. "Look at him, isn't it sorta funny or am I just expressing my macabre side?" Michael asked the other people in the rather cramped rear room, among them Lauren and Admiral Hofstadter. Lauren replied without breaking eye contact with Grugov even though he couldn't see her. "You're definitely expressing your macabre side lover, but it's proper considering what he did to Nicole. Let's go make him pay, shall we? I go first, it's. . . personal."

Lauren opened the door leading out into the hallway, went just one door down and opened a metal door's latches making a very audible tone. Washcloth in hand Lauren approached Grugov from behind, touching him lightly with her finger tips. "Remember me, Grugov? Yes, I'm sure you do and I'm absolutely positive you won't forget tonight." She took her middle finger and scraped across Grugov's neck, at least what little of it was exposed beyond the suit. High heels clicking against concrete, Lauren moved to face Grugov and wiped his face off quickly and harshly. "All better? Now how about that date?" She laughed before throwing the washcloth in Grugov's face and exiting the room. She left the door open but that was only because someone was coming right behind her. "Oh, and I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoy watching it, babe." She said with an obviously faked seductive tone of voice.

Michael was next and unlike Lauren he was only carrying a second chair and nothing else beyond that. Well, anything visible to Grugov anyway. He sat the chair down near Grugov's chair, letting it lightly clink against the concrete causing a small echo in the very small room. "Hey buddy, you doing okay? Your neighbor Alexandrii ain't doing so well but trust me we're working on that. Raspberry is dead though, so sorry about that." Michael chuckled at his intentional mispronunciation of Rasputov's name but it would be even more ironic slightly more down the road.

Michael lit another cigarette but didn't put it to his lips at all. "I'm sure that you've never smoked in your life. Such a shame too because I would offer this to you as a parting gift if you will. But I'm afraid I'm going to give it to you anyway." Michael snapped his fingers and a tall man wearing a long, freshly blood stained lab coat entered the room. "Yes sir?" The man asked with a monotone voice, obviously not caring about the world and angry that he was interrupted from his project. "Open our dear friend's mouth. He just needs to taste this!" The man simply smiled and disappeared out of the room only to return a short while later with a long, thin metal device attached to a handle and a crank. It was covered with a whitish-green colored lubrication but otherwise it was stainless steel.

The man, typically called 'doctor' by those in the facility quickly jammed the tool in Grugov's mouth and began cranking it which slowly caused it to force Grugov's mouth open regardless if he wanted to or not. "Thanks Doctor." Michael said as the man left the room and went down the hall. He tapped his cigarette causing ash to fall and the red-hot ember to be revealed. Michael stood up and extinguished the cigarette on Grugov's tongue with a loud sizzle. Without any real care, Michael yanked the device out of Grugov's mouth which seemed to cause the man's jaw to slam shut either in pain or natural instinct.

"I'm sure that felt good, yeah? Good. I bet it fucking did. That was for Nicole and the eight guards that your two peanut-brained guards murdered when they entered. A lot of them had families, children too. I know you don't care but it's good to know what's going to haunt you for the rest of today Grugov. Every ounce of pain you feel and every drop of blood you spill I want you to know that each and every second of your life until we're done with you is dedicated to those you took away from mothers and fathers, wives and children. . ." Michael paused, staring into Grugov's eyes with a burning passion. "Lovers."

Michael took a switch knife out of his pocket, flipped it open and lightly traced the blade against his skin. It wasn't hard enough to penetrate but it was hard enough to be felt by him. He stood up and walked over to Grugov, cutting the man's left sleeve from his suit and thus exposing the skin. He oh so desperately wanted to slice Grugov's skin off bit by bit and make him watch but he stopped, closing his knife and sitting back down. "While we're here, let's finally talk like gentlemen. Shall we?"

North Defese
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Defese » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Grugov flung his head to the side, and the washcloth landed on the concrete floor right next to him. When Michael had entered, he showed only a slight surprise in the fact he was most likely going to be tortured by the President himself.

He remained in a thoughtful silence throughout Michael's rambling, and almost opened his mouth to give a sarcastic remark when the doctor was called.The device was shoved into his mouth without resistance by Grugov, but when the implications of the cigarette remark dawned on him, it was too late for him to do anything other then brace himself just before it was pressed against his tongue. Releasing a pained howl, he slammed his jaw shut as soon as the device was torn from his lips, curling his his tongue and spitting the saliva coated ashes onto the table.

Michael's speech continued, uninterrupted, while Grugov tried to cope with the throbbing pain shooting through him.

Finally, he opened his eyes. They were once more impossible to read.

"If you spill my blood," his voice sounded slightly different, as he tried to keep his tongue as still as possible while still sounding coherent, "and I am unable to contact the Motherland, you will find that you will have a lot more widows and orphans on your hands. If only for the short term."

He smiled as the blade traced its way along his skin, and he turned his head back to the one way mirror.

"If there is so much as a scratch on me, you will all face retribution so horrible, so swift, that not even Hervápn's wrath would compare."

His smile died.

"Give me a phone. Right now."

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:42 pm

The sheer animalistic howls caused by Michael's cigarette felt almost good to his sadistic side. The pain the once invincible man felt was good to him, like a mother almost. It was odd, but Michael's sadistic side was much more fun than his quiet, reserved and sane side. His hand was still wrapped in gauze, although it was redone professionally by a doctor and no longer was dripping in blood mixed with drywall. He still couldn't get his mind off of Nicole, whom he had witnessed being brutally tortured and killed and then his mind went on to her family who was now having a slightly different fate than they intended to originally.

Michael pulled out a long, silver chain as he listened to Grugov ramble about how if his blood was split there would be consequences greater than his amusing false god could bring them. On the chain, a silver dragon with a moderately big ruby held within it's tiny claws, a gift Michael had given to Nicole when she had given birth to a baby girl. . . his baby girl. Now that baby girl, born only a year earlier would grow up without a mother because of Grugov. Of course that baby girl was now with her mother's parents who would live on a very comfortable government pension and be able to get whatever the child wanted. But she would never know who her father was, ever. At the very least not for a while, anyway.

He put the necklace around his neck, fastening it and letting it dangle slightly as he stood over Grugov,the ruby clearly glinting from the horrid lighting in the room. He pulled out a cellphone, specifically Grugov's and flipped it open while standing next to Grugov. He put it a little closer to Grugov's face, "What number. Also, if you say anything about this it will be the longest goddamn day of your life. I will personally skin you from head to toe while doing everything in my power to keep you alive, even if our destruction was assured. I promise you that, pal."

North Defese
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Defese » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:26 pm

Grugov grinned.

"Press the first number, then the green button," the phones markings were in Defesian, "and let it ring."

The soft droning of the ringer lightly echoed throughout the room, and on the second ring there was a sudden click, and a deep male voice answered.

"Da? Have they agreed?" The voice spoke English, albeit with an accent.

"No, Fredrick, there have been complications," Grugov responded, sounding more like a man having a pleasant chat with family, and not one who was currently tied to a chair.

"What the hell is wrong with your voice?" Fredrick asked.

"I burnt my tongue drinking coffee."

"Whatever. What have they asked for?"

"I think you should speak to them, they don't appear to trust me anymore. We had a minor incident earlier, and it's really put a strain on communication."

"Fuck!" The word bounced throughout the room, "Did you attack someone again!? By Herfiligr! I knew sending you was a fucking mistake!"

Grugov frowned once, this was not how it was supposed to be happening, he should have been told he'd be on a plane back already.

He tried to protest.

"I was told I was permitted to use any means nec-"

"No!" Fredrick exploded, "That was not a literal statement! I just got handed the report now! What the hell is wrong with you? If they don't kill you first I'm going to make sure you lose every single one of your fucking fingers! And then I'll turn you over to the D.S.O. who wi-YOU DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO REQUEST THEY FIRE THEIR FUCKING DIPLOMAT WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE AND DID YOU MURDER THAT WOMAN!? WAS THAT YOU?!"

For once, Grugov was at a loss for words. His every action was done in confidence, he had been assured this entire time that he would have the backing of the Motherland, that anything he would do, he would be safe. Now his boss, the man responsible for ensuring his safety, was threatening him.

"There was no other way-" He stammered, before being cut off.

"Shut up." Fredrick sounded calm now, and there was a slight scraping noise as he covered the mouth of the phone. There was muffled conversation that lasted only a couple of seconds, and when Fredrick removed his hand he was addressing Grugov again.

"Give the phone to whomever you were negotiating with earlier. You just just used up the last of our patience. You just became a bargaining item."
Last edited by North Defese on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Michael grinned right in return. Perhaps it was the rage over losing his lover or perhaps it was years of bottled up emotions finally being released in a very violent fashion when Grugov fucked with him, he couldn't really tell but the insanity was somewhat fun while it lasted. Michael did as he was told, pressing the first button and then the green button before letting it ring. Defesian was confusing to him and a language he really couldn't be bothered to learn in his spare time. No reason for Grugov to lie to him anyway, after all he was in a very bad spot.

The voice on the other end spoke surprisingly good English and the accent was oddly soothing despite Grugov having what was essentially the same accent but different in an unexplainable way. Grugov's wasn't so soothing at all, in fact it was a bit intimidating until Grugov was tied to a chair. The pleasant sounding tone of voice was surprising to Michael, a man who had only seen Grugov's displeased and angry sides but never his friendly side. He laughed into his sleeve as quietly as he could when he heard the man called Fredrick make a comment about Grugov's voice. "Yeah, not being very truthful to your protector, are we Grugov?" Michael thought to himself while he was still calming down mentally.

Then he saw, rather heard Fredrick explode at Grugov for his behavior. Apparently there were two different meanings to 'use any means necessary' in Defese and Grugov apparently made the grave mistake of confusing them. He was mildly shocked to learn that Fredrick knew about the murder of Nicole and that Grugov requested the firing of Lauren but was pleased to know that Grugov no longer had his big brother backing him. He was but a lonely man, an enemy to the state that had no government backing and Michael enjoyed every second of watching the once hulking, feared man shrivel into but a little worm; perhaps even a little tick on the side of a dog.

But then he was asked to talk to the somewhat calmer man after what seemed to be an eternity of silence. Michael spoke firmly and with no intent to stop, he was mad and wanted to get this over with. "I don't mean to insult your people by any means, in fact I quite appreciate some of the culture Defese has blessed the region with. But this man you sent, this pathetic little tick in my side is quite possibly the worst choice I think any nation could send." Michael's voice was low in tone and he spoke quietly, "I'm honestly not sure if you want him back or not, and even if you do there would certainly be a question of how many plastic baggies and gauze wraps he will return with."

Michael chuckled as he lit a cigarette and let it loosely hang out of his mouth. He winked at Grugov, hinting at what was going to happen once he got off the phone with Fredrick. He pointed towards the general area of Grugov's forehead and smiled. "But he's nothing to either of us right now. What is important is what you want and that really depends if the next Defesian ambassador that comes to our shores has the desire to brutally murder women in front of me."

North Defese
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Defese » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:42 pm

Another scraping noise was heard as Fredrick had a mumbling conversation with what seemed to be another person in the room with him. Occasionaly there were vague words that managed to be said loud enough to be barely audible, but only Grugov could understand the Defesian gibberish.

What he heard made him turn several shades paler then normal.

Eventually, the receiver was uncovered and Fredrick began speaking, his typical to-the-point attitude obvious.

"We won't send another ambassador over, we have no one to spare. We aren't exactly rolling with diplomats at the moment. But what I can offer you," there was the sound of rustling papers, "may interest you-"

"Shut up! Hang up the phone!" Grugov began panicking, kicking and thrashing in his chair.

"I have diplomatic immunity! You can't touch me! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!" Grugov screamed a sobbing scream, he was no longer the invincible titan he was earlier. Now he was just a scared, lonely man who was way out of his league.

"I know we both share a hatred for Sailsia, you need to hide state secrets better," Fredrick continued speaking, steamrolling through Grugovs protests, "We know you've considered assaulting them in the past, but you don't have the army size to seriously consider any extended campaign. Now, officially, Grugov died on the way back in a horrific plane crash."

Even though he had only his voice to convey emotions, it would appear to anyone listening that Fredrick was smiling. Sometimes being the man responsible for Defesian Ambassadors had its perks.

"Now, we don't give diplomatic immunity to corpses. And as far as we know, he died in that plane crash. Here's the deal, I'm actually authorized to ask this of you, we'll let you keep Grugov. No questions asked, we wash our hands of him. What we want in exchange is for you to actually crash the plane Grugov flew over in, helps the paperwork on our side. And, we need your pledge to fly over some Cyrupean brains to help plan out a coherent joint assault of Salasia. I hope that wasn't too blunt, but I don't have the time for diplomatic bush beating."

There was another rustling of papers, and the faint, distant sound of a phone ringing.

"Now, this last part, an added bonus really, I can't guarantee. But I will send it through to the Chancellor himself, and he owes my department a massive favor so I'd be really suprised if he refused. If you assist us completely, we'll not only let you keep Grugov, we'll turn over all Defesian owned companies to you - your government I mean - for you to use as you see fit. Dissolve them, merge them with existing Cyrupean businesses, whatever you want. This is a one time offer, and I need an answer right now. Do we have a deal?"

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Michael was visibly disappointed at the thought of no more ambassadors to come over and insult the Imperial Republic of Cyrupe. He obviously wasn't disappointed but perhaps he was a little overjoyed. He was even more overjoyed when he heard that Defese had something to offer him! That was amusing and Michael had a hard time holding his laughter deep inside of him. Of course, Grugov was acting like a naughty little boy, screaming about how he had diplomatic immunity among other things.

Michael covered the receiver before speaking to Grugov. "You realize that is only going to prolong your pathetic little life, right? It's only making me want to kill you more and to make it last longer and have more pain. Now stop crying like a bitch and shut the fuck up asshole. You acted real tough with Nicole, cutting her eyelids off and whatnot, you better start regrowing your sack before I cut it the fuck off and make you a bitch to a Rottweiler. It wouldn't like it either, you're too fat."

Michael took his hand off the receiver so he could speak again. "Yeah, we do both share a hatred for Sailsia. It isn't necessarily a major state secret, it's pretty well known to most other nations even though it started as being a secret passion to destroy them. " Michael shut up and listened to Fredrick continue his seemingly long, drawn-out speech to Michael about how Defese didn't necessarily give diplomatic immunity to corpses and how they wanted some Cyrupean military planners as well. But Michael was shocked about the next part, the part where Cyrupe would actually gain it's freedom in exchange for helping Defese.

"Yeah." Michael said after a very very short period of silence, perhaps no more than a couple of seconds. "We have a deal here, Fredrick. You have my word that you'll see us helping you and that Grugov will not be seen of for a long, long time." Michael paused and looked into the eyes of Grugov. The man had a look of fear in his eyes, no longer the eccentric, powerful man that was backed by Defese earlier in the day. "If you need us, me specifically, I'll have this phone until you disconnect it, don't hesitate to give me a call if the Chancellor accepts the request. Oh, and Fredrick," Michael said while beginning to chuckle, "We're sorry for your loss of Ambassador Grugov in the horrific crash over the Maegus Seas." Michael hung up and put the phone in his pocket, things were about to get very interesting.

Lauren opened the door and came inside the room. Grugov seemed to be blubbering a bit which was comical in it's own right. Lauren hadn't seen the actual murder of Nicole but she did see the color surveillance video by mistake which showed her how brutal Grugov was at that point. She looked at Michael and then at Grugov before speaking. "We good?" It was a simple sentence, barely one at that but it was to the point. "Yeah, we're good. Apparently they want us to get rid of this sack of shit they dumped on us."

Lauren picked up Grugov's head lightly with her hand, her fingers ever so gentle to him. She turned his head towards her slightly and bent her knees. She gave him a kiss on the lips, long and almost passionate. Michael knew it wasn't, her eyes telling the true story. As suddenly as it happened she stopped kissing him and dropped his head out of her hand. She slapped him hard across the back of his head, perhaps adding insult to injury. "You see what you missed Grugov? Yeah, that and you chose to kill Nicole too. To think I may have had the slightest bit of attraction to you. A pity in my eyes, really."

Michael stood up, giving Lauren a pocket knife that was still folded up. "I'll go tell the Doctor we're ready and set up a new session of recording in the camera. I'm positive this will be something historic for everyone." He laughed as he walked down the hall and into another room, a room with large double doors and a considerably bigger interior. Lauren sat down, the chair which Michael had sat in still warm to the touch. "I promised Michael I wouldn't hurt you yet, but it is so hard for me to do. You're going to die alone, Grugov. A poor and lonely excuse for a human being." Lauren would have said more, but the Doctor came in and tilted the chair backwards. It didn't really have wheels so the Doctor had to drag it into the other room, a loud metal scraping sound filling the air. For the first time in a while, the little room was empty. Lauren stood up and turned off the single light before closing the door behind her.

Epilogue

It had been more than six hours since Grugov had originally went into the other room. He was still alive though and well aware of his surroundings. It was expensive to keep him alive for so long but it was worth every last second of his agony. But it wasn't done yet, not for a second. They still had to end it somehow and that was predetermined by the Defesian government. If they had their way, he would be buried alive in a shallow grave or fed to one of his still living guards but they unfortunately had to play the Defesian way.

Grugov was brought back to the airport where he had arrived and subsequently killed Nicole. His plane was still there, it's light-gray colored hull almost inviting itself as the Grim Reaper. A black van pulled up next to the aircraft, barely avoiding hitting it's wingtip by mistake. The doors opened with a roar and inside Grugov, Lauren, Michael and a few other unidentified men were there. Grugov was bleeding slightly although it wasn't enough to really kill the tortured man. "Put him in and make sure he's near a television, will you? I want him to be able to see what I've made him." Michael ran a finger though his recently washed hair and smiled as they brought the man inside the aircraft. "I'll be right back, babe." Michael said to Lauren, a woman who seemed to have gone though a lot of trauma in the past 24 hours. "They'll forgive him, even if we won't." Michael referenced to God and was sure Lauren knew it.

Disk in hand, Michael stepped into the plane just as they had finished strapping Grugov into a seat that seemed to have the perfect view for the video. "Hey buddy, sorry you weren't really awake on the way over here, it's such a shame cause you could seen some fun things said by the driver." Michael slapped his hand on Grugov's chest and heard a loud, painful groan upon impact. "Such a shame too. But they got an adrenaline drip on you now, you should be awake the entire flight. How I'd love to keep this plane but I don't have many options here."

"It was nice knowing you, Grugov. But what do you know? In a way I sorta was right, you die alone. You die a pathetic, lonely death by yourself and have no one to console you on your deathbed. You don't get a soldiers grave, you get a beggar's." Michael inserted the DVD and pressed play before walking out of the aircraft and closing it up. A man holding a large controller began to bring it to life and took it off. Due to the range of the RC, he could only really set the autopilot for a straight course and the aircraft would crash after about thirty minutes of flight due to the unusual lack of fuel.

The van door closed and the group drove off, for them it was over for the day. It wasn't over for Grugov however, who got the pleasure of watching a video before his violent and painful death. On board a video of Michael came on, his hair caked in a small amount of blood and his clothes dyed a dark maroon. "Hi Grugov, I'm sure I just left you by the time you are watching this video. I hope you enjoy your flight as much as I enjoy reading news stories about your plane crashing. I doubt this video will ever be found, so consider yourself lucky to be it's first and last viewer. I don't have much to say to you nor do I really want to say anything to you. This is my goodbye and a goodbye for Nicole and those eight men who you killed." Nine images appeared on the screen, one a more casual photo of a woman who was obviously Nicole and then eight military-style images of the men who died in the encounter.

The screen flickered and it switched to a much more sinister scene and a much worse quality video. The screen flickered and an unknown and off screen voice came on, it was the Doctor who was preparing various things. The video itself was focusing on Lauren who was basically just exhibiting herself in front of the camera, her finger to her lips as almost to say "silence". She looked into the camera and then another off screen voice became present. "You wanna say anything to Grugov babe?" It was Michael who's voice was muffled by a mask. She shook her head before saying, "Not really."

The rest of the video was primarily the torture of Grugov, although the thirty minute mark switched it to a short message on screen. It said one thing only, "Goodbye Grugov." The plane slammed into the water only a few minutes later, amazingly staying intact but it would probably kill him with the pressure before it hit the bottom. As they drove to Lauren's home, Michael looked out the window after looking at his watch, "Goodbye Grugov, it was nice knowing you."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates