NATION

PASSWORD

Archmont Regional Congress (IC Legislative Body)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Icewraith Industries
Attaché

Founded: Sep 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Icewraith Industries » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:59 pm

Dom Atona wrote:"Good day, I have arrived to represent the interests of Dom Atona." Lus Olly, Dom Atona's envoy to the ARC had arrived in the Congress' Chambers. He pulled out a piece of paper and spoke, " Most chill and relax day to you my fellow delegates. On behalf of the colony of Dom Atona I would like present each delegate with a wooden moose statue as a symbol of good times and unity among our region."

*Vadim Delegate cautiously accepts the statue, his face quickly changes from caution to thankful*

"Ah thank you for this kind er *hesitates for half a second* expression and symbol of kindness to our nation, I'll contact Susan immediately to let her know about this gesture."

*he pulls out his phone and starts texting Susan Administrator while muttering something about a Trojan horse*
Last edited by Icewraith Industries on Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icewraith Industries
The Industry/Country of Lord Icewraith, overseen by Saskia
Saskia and her Technocracy are dedicated to the Security and advancement of her country and people

Praise Saskia Aufseher

Pangur Ban
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pangur Ban » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:59 am

"... moose statue? What moo.. OH!"

Putting down the phone, the ambassador stands and beings a short speech.

"We, the people of Pangur Ban would like thank our neighbors from... Bom Atona for their... generous gift. In the spirit of friendship and cooperation, we accept this wonderful gift, and offer it to the ARC to be displayed outside this great hall, as a reminder of our dedication and commitment to Archmont."

He sits then quickly rises

"Of course, a plaque announcing to the world who this particular... moose represents shall be delivered from the Empire post haste"

before sitting down once again
Last edited by Pangur Ban on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:16 am, edited 7 times in total.

Illuminati Switzerland
Attaché

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Illuminati Switzerland » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:36 pm

Dom Atona wrote:"Good day, I have arrived to represent the interests of Dom Atona." Lus Olly, Dom Atona's envoy to the ARC had arrived in the Congress' Chambers. He pulled out a piece of paper and spoke, " Most chill and relax day to you my fellow delegates. On behalf of the colony of Dom Atona I would like present each delegate with a wooden moose statue as a symbol of good times and unity among our region."

Matthew Donald accepts the wooden moose statue, and walks back to his spot. Illuminati Switzerland is a member of the ARC.
Illuminati Switzerland
We're awesome, get used to it
The Nation with One Eye
Wir sind mächtiger als Sie denken!

RP Wars:
Formicinus-Prodizi War: Defeat
Fareon-Riassan War: Victory
Battle of the GEA: Victory
The Great Wars: Victory
Luxdonian Ceasefire Crisis: Draw

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:16 am

Chambers drummed his fingers on his desk. Another hour until this monstrosity of an election concludes and the Archmont Regional Congress has a new Chair. He checked at the live poll on his phone. Crispus Aelianus Ferraro of the Kingdom of Gregor Leoni was in the lead with 12 nations voting for him. Following him closely was Ambassador Cornelius of the Republic of Humanation.

One hour left, he thought. Will Ferraro hang on to win the election? Will Cornelius come back to win? Will Damien Marcus or Gregor Andersen make an incredible comeback to emerge victorious?

He returned to drumming his fingers on his desk. The wait was killing him.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia
The Chief Administrator and Executive Councillor of Archmont
Join the Archmont Discord server!

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:03 am

"Congratulations to the new Chair of the Archmont Regional Congress, Crispus Ferraro!"
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

Prodizi
Secretary

Founded: Sep 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Prodizi » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:35 am

Rushing towards the heavy wooden doors of the ARC, Envoy Ralvijas's papers were flung out of his briefcase. He stopped to pick them up again and this time, he walked slowly but surely towards the doors. The moment he stepped on the door, Cecil Chambers was already there, waiting for Envoy Ralvijas. Envoy Ralvijas was asked to write the draft for the ARC Code.

He spent the whole night finalizing his draft. In his Sanford Apartment, he made his draft looked beautiful by adding the royal seal of the ARC. When Cecil looked at the draft, he thought that it wasn't too bad, although it needed some revisions.

-------------------
CODE OF THE ARC

SECTION I: OFFICIAL STATUS OF THE ARC

Article 1:
The ARC is the legitimate legislative body of Archmont
Article 2:
Each nation of Archmont is considered a member and is permitted to send one (1) envoy to the council
Article 3:
The head of the ARC is the chairman/chairwoman
Article 4:
The head of the ARC is voted through an election cycle that renews once every 4 months
Article 5:
The Executive Council is responsible for overseeing the chairman/chairwoman
Article 6:
The Executive Council may take action if the chairman/chairwoman is not doing their duties correctly.
Article 7:
The chairman/chairwoman is responsible for overseeing incoming proposals and gets to decide whether the proposal is fit for the general voting.

SECTION II: RULES OF THE ARC

Article 1:
Nations may submit a proposal to the ARC.
Article 2:
Proposals that are found to be offensive or rude by the chairman/chairwoman may be terminated.
Article 3:
Nations that are found to break Article 2 of Section II multiple times may have their right to send and vote on proposals stripped off.
Article 4:
Nations may submit a repeal proposal to the chairman/chairwoman.
Article 5:
Nations may only submit a proposal once the previous proposal has been voted for.

SECTION III: VOTING

Article 1:
Each proposal gets three (3) days of voting from nations only in Archmont.
Article 2:
Proposals must get a majority off the vote to be denied or to be accepted.
Article 3:
Nations that abstained during the election period are considered neutral.
Article 4:
There will be no reelections, so vote wisely

OOC: If you want to add in suggestions, please telegram me or Luxdonia.

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:59 pm

Chambers stands up. "May I suggest the following changes to the Code? And can I ask that it be named Charter instead of Code? Sounds more formal".

OOC: A mix of IC and OOC.

The Charter of the Archmont Regional Congress

Section One: Overview
1. The Archmont Regional Congress (hereafter referred to as the ARC) shall be committed to maintaining the peace and security of Archmont at all times. The ARC shall serve as the principal legislative body of the region of Archmont and all member states are required to abide by legislation passed by the ARC.
2. The ARC shall only authorize military involvement as a last resort.
3. All nations of Archmont are entitled to membership of the ARC and are permitted to send one (1) delegate to represent the member state in the ARC.
4. This Charter shall serve as the ruling document of the ARC and must be abided by.
5. The Charter may only be amended by majority vote of the ARC's member states.

Section Two: Governance of the Archmont Regional Congress.
1. The ARC is to be presided over by the Chair of the ARC.
2. Any delegate from an Archmont member state is permitted to be elected as Chair of the ARC.
3. The Chair is responsible for presiding over according to the ARC's procedural rules.
4. The Chair shall be elected for an indefinite term until removed from office.
5. The Chair can only be removed from office in the following circumstances:
a) A vote of no confidence is issued by the ARC in the Chair.
b) OOC: The Chancellery remove the Chair on grounds on inactivity or failure to conduct their duties.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

Belguard
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Belguard » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:05 am

After having problems with the transport plane, Henry Scott, a former Belguardian ambassador, arrives in the at the ARC.
"Good evening Gentlemen,I was sent here to be an envoy of Belguard. It's a pleasure and honor to work with all of you."

Pangur Ban
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pangur Ban » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:42 pm

"So... are we going to get locked in here once Z day starts, or can we go home before the deadline?"
Last edited by Pangur Ban on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Illuminati Switzerland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Illuminati Switzerland » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:58 pm

This place is so inactive that Mark Sanchez has made this area his go-to place for a nap.
Illuminati Switzerland
The Nation with One Eye

RP Wars:

Icewraith Industries
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Icewraith Industries » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:52 am

well no one is submitting proposals, so nothing is happening in this thread.

Once the war is over I think we can do the peace treaty here and make the congress more like the United Nations instead of a league of Nations (if you understand my meaning).
Last edited by Icewraith Industries on Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Icewraith Industries
Saskia and her Technocracy are dedicated to the Security and advancement of her country and people

Praise Saskia Aufseher

Icewraith Industries
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Icewraith Industries » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:45 pm

The war has come to an end, overwelling forces have beaten the The Federation of Formicinus and the victors will get to decide the fate of the country in the congress, Jonathan Delegate is no longer the representative for Icewraith Industries due to Saskia becomeing the Chairperson.

Saskia sits in the Congress Chambers awating the arrival of representatives from the vicors of the war so we can get this treaty underway.
Last edited by Icewraith Industries on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icewraith Industries

Praise Saskia Aufseher

Belguard
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Belguard » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:05 pm

due to the war ending and Henry Scott being sick tuberculosis, Locke will attend the meeting himself because of the specific issue on the table; what happens to The Federation of Formicinus. Walking to his country's respective section and laying down his briefcase, he notices that there is one other person there, the chairperson and the representative of Icewraith Industries. "I see it is only you and me here Saskia, how have you been doing since the last time we had met?"

Icewraith Industries
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Icewraith Industries » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:33 am

Belguard wrote:due to the war ending and Henry Scott being sick tuberculosis, Locke will attend the meeting himself because of the specific issue on the table; what happens to The Federation of Formicinus. Walking to his country's respective section and laying down his briefcase, he notices that there is one other person there, the chairperson and the representative of Icewraith Industries. "I see it is only you and me here Saskia, how have you been doing since the last time we had met?"

"There have been ups and downs for me in these recent events" she replies as she checks her bandage on her hand "Belguard wasn't really one of the victors of the war, although you did help a bit. I suppose you can stay and voice your opinion if they allow it".

"Now we just have to wait for them"
Last edited by Icewraith Industries on Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icewraith Industries

Praise Saskia Aufseher

Illuminati Switzerland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Illuminati Switzerland » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:35 am

Without permission, the ISN attended the meeting, and were ready in case they needed to leave.
Mark was back home in Pyro City. Vederat was in Fort Polinson. If needed, supersonic passenger jets from Pyro City to Sanford would be ready in case Mark was needed.
Illuminati Switzerland
The Nation with One Eye

RP Wars:

Icewraith Industries
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Icewraith Industries » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Illuminati Switzerland wrote:Without permission, the ISN attended the meeting, and were ready in case they needed to leave.
Mark was back home in Pyro City. Vederat was in Fort Polinson. If needed, supersonic passenger jets from Pyro City to Sanford would be ready in case Mark was needed.

"Oh the ISN" Saskia looks over at them with disdain "fine, stay. Only if the victors allow it".
Icewraith Industries

Praise Saskia Aufseher

Belguard
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Belguard » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:28 pm

"Well if it isn't the ISN, I don't mind you filming this and having t run on your state television but don't expect any interviews from me anytime soon." Locke opens his briefcase and pulls out some printed papers in which he scripted some resonances and his idea of how to rebuild the Formicinus after the destruction casued and the coup. ready to have a discussion.

Belguard
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Belguard » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:22 pm

"Even know most of the victors are not present I would like to make my case on the issue. If the ISN would please record this to then be shown once the victors arrive for review." Locke motions to the camera men and pulls out a 1 1/2 inch, 3 ring binder with his planned speech. He walkes up to the center stage here goes nothing, let's do this

"First I must congratulate the organizers of the coup, you've done a fine job of ending this war but I must point out problems that I see with what is happening afterwards. It has been stated that any part of the government that is still in power or refuses to except the new leaders the occupation by the Slav's for the time being, will be tired for war crimes and be executed. I must put forth the question, how far does this extended to government? Because the country is by the NS standards a corrupt dictatorship, how do we know if the National government had a large part in the local government? Assuming that a town of small size does not except the new rule, would you send in taskforces to execute the town mayor, judge, counsel, and commissioners? Along with the police department which would defend the town, the fire department that would attempt to put out building fires it incendiaries were used, and the paramedics it would come to whisk the insured away?"

"Another thing that would like to question is what this also apply to the nations economic output? According to a dossier, The nations economy output is all state owned, no private industry, Because it is state owned would you do then round up and execute the workers if they refuse to stop working for the money they need would you let them continue working so they could provide for themselves? By all means, I don't discourage or condemn The statement given but I would like to point out some flaws that I see and that could be used under technicalities that would allow for some very shady actions to occur."

"I must now discuss issues of loyalists and Partisans. I understand that having any casualties during occupation would not be tolerated but do me to truly know the reasons why partisans are fighting? We call them partisans because we believe that they're fighting for the government especially along with the loyalists but what if they're not fighting for the government per se but fighting the foreign occupation? I put up the question, if your government was almost all overthrown in a coup and then your citizens were under a foreign military occupation, wouldn't you expect people to take up arms because they feel like their national identity and their freedoms as a risk of being erased?"

"For rebuilding their nation I propose this, we leave the citizens of the country who now have more political freedoms to re-organize their country with the guiding hand of the victor. The only assistance we would have been rebuilding their nation is keeping it from falling apart into a complete collapse of their nation. If we can with their country lick their wounds and rebuilt from the ground up with a much freer people, then we are less likely to have a situation where an alleged assassination attempt can lead to out right war instruction of one's own country. Because of how utterly destroyed by the Slav bombing runs another missions, we might have to provide some supplies for the nation's economic abilities to be revived"

"even if you don't agree with the way that I propose that we rebuild the nation or The statement about what happened to government officials do not comply, least I can spark some form of discussion on the floor about seeing future of the Forminican people. Thank you for listening" Locke then moves off stage and returns to his nation's seat in the congressional chamber.
Last edited by Belguard on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great Slavyaniya
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Slavyaniya » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:02 am

Tag

Trepeer Smërt exits the armoured Vologlav jeep and walks up to the ARC. His guards stay in the neighboring armoured vehicle.
'So this is it, huh? Quite impressive.' he smirks and enters the building.
'Good day, everyone,' he greets as he goes up to shake the hands of Saskia and Locke.
'I think that your proposals are pretty adequate, Locke. I will answer some of your questions. The war criminals will not be executed for now, they will be jailed in Formicinus. Their fate will be decided by all victors. I'd like to note that to me, letting the residents decide their fate is the best option. But until it is voted for a suitable government, the Great Slavyaniyan Military Police will have to keep them imprisoned. As for the local governments, we, at least, will not consider them responsible. If they start a revolt, the military has to act to restore the peace and ensure the citizens' safety, even if it means killing rebels. I think that the current local governments should be replaced for security reasons. We won't enforce our rule upon the Formican people so we do not care if a town does not accept our invasion as long as they do not pose a threat to our soldiers or the residents. Speaking of rebellions, any partisans, violent oppositions or loaylists will be jailed or terminated due to violating peace and threatening civilians. We have made it clear to the Formicans that our invasion is lasting until the election of a new government. The workers of the nation are free to work and provide money for themselves, it doesn't affect us if they start a strike. We will not kill any of them and their strike would be understandable considering the circumstances. The economy is already quite fragile but with some foreign aid I am sure that we will be able to bring it back into full action. Great Slavyaniya's army will only be in Formicinus for peacekeeping. We have made it clear to the people what our reasons are. It is their choice to understand and accept them. As I said earlier, I agree that we should let the citizens decide what their new rulers should be and we should leave them rebuild and reorganize their own country. Of course, this needs to be done with the guiding hand of us, the victors. Which reminds me, where is Drafirios? Anyway, thank you for your help and your contribution, Locke. Same goes out to you, miss Saskia. We, the Slavs, are grateful that we cooperated in such a great manner. If both of you have some questions, feel free to ask them. I will answer them if my field of concern allows it.'
Smërt goes back to the place of Mr. Pentalochev, the Slav representative that would join the ARC in the nearing future. The Orzhoy is barely able to fit in the small chair because of his large figure. After finding a comfortable pose, he drinks a whole bottle of mineral water, his mouth had dried up from all of the speaking.
Last edited by Great Slavyaniya on Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proud founder of Xenox

I like tanks.
My nation is: Class X14: Tier 4, Type II, Superpower.
My nation doesn't strictly follow NS stats.
My nation is PMT/MT/early FT.
1 rublev=0.75N$

Слава на Велика Славяния!
Hail Great Slavyaniya!
Viva la Slavica!
RPs:
The Private Communists vs Bourgeois braggarts: WON
Decria-anarchists war: WON
Makovik war of independence: DRAW I must note that the RP died, but it was the most interesting one yet for me.
The Second Red Crusade: DRAW(RP died)
Rossio-Moldovoskan War: WON (Rostrog surrendered)
The Coming Storm...Thread died
The Missed Shot: WON
The Nuclear Question: ???
SATO vs NATO: WON (SATO dissolved)

Dom Atona
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dom Atona » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:26 am

Lus Olly stands up and speaks: "So who wants to be the first one write up a resolution?"

Skywing
Attaché

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skywing » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:54 pm

The plane has finally arrived in ARC.
Drafirios, Grimmjaw, Napsuvacha and 20 twenty Armored men exited the plane's door.
After a hour later,they arrived in the building.
-I am sorry, for keeping everyone waiting,there were some problems with the transport.So should we begin?Okay it appears that Great Slavyaniya would like to not move the army from Formicinus.Skywing won't too.There will be a base in each of their states.And that is compulsory.Formicians shouldn't be scared of us.We all, like Mr.Smert has told me,want to help.The Citizens shouldn't suffer for their leaders actions.Although Skywing will want 10% of GDP of the country as an penalty for Formicinus, for attacking our ally Prodizi.But I don't like the idea of splitting the Formicinus lands.They have a history too.These are their sacred lands.I believe that splitting the lands is very very bad idea.Because all of us-The victors are far away from their lands and it will be uncomfortable to have a land 2500 km from your homeland.But that is not going to happen.Let's have mercy on Formicians.They aren't bad people.Also I'd like to speak with Saskia and Locke in private after this, and then with Trepeer Smert.That is all for now, thank you.

Icewraith Industries
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Icewraith Industries » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:57 pm

"Although Representatives from Prodizi have not shown up it appears that Great Slavyaniya and Skywing will have to make the decision alone, you have both shared your points of view but now we need a verdict. what have you two decided on? The current opinion of Archmont and Trepeer is to reinstate the Formicinus government so I think that's what we'll do. Also I must congratulate Great Slavyaniya" gesturing to the the Orzhoy "for resolving the war and bringing peace to all of us through their army and their coup" her eyes glance over to the ISN as she says the word 'coup' .

"Ill let the Orzhoy and his country write up the documents for the reinstatement of Fomicinus due to them being the current millitary force of the country. And Drafirios ill speak to you after this" she says given a little nod to him.
Last edited by Icewraith Industries on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
Icewraith Industries

Praise Saskia Aufseher

Prodizi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Prodizi » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:21 am

After the hustle and questioning of the Prodizian ambassador, the Prodizian ambassador rushed and opened the great doors of the ARC in a hurried and timely manner. He instantly said, with a hurried and exhausted tone:

"I have come upon the great nation of Prodizi. It is my fault that i am late, and i beg your pardon for any troubles I may have caused. Prodizi was just struck with a major snowstorm yesterday and all flights were canceled. The temperatures were below -40 C and wind speeds were mind blowing. The snow was so high that all roads in the capital must be closed. I am so sorry once again.

He swerved amongst the chairs of the ARC and finally landed on Prodizi's chair at the ARC. With that, Prodizi has now officially entered the discussion regarding Formicinus.

Icewraith Industries
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Icewraith Industries » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:27 am

Prodizi wrote:After the hustle and questioning of the Prodizian ambassador, the Prodizian ambassador rushed and opened the great doors of the ARC in a hurried and timely manner. He instantly said, with a hurried and exhausted tone:

"I have come upon the great nation of Prodizi. It is my fault that i am late, and i beg your pardon for any troubles I may have caused. Prodizi was just struck with a major snowstorm yesterday and all flights were canceled. The temperatures were below -40 C and wind speeds were mind blowing. The snow was so high that all roads in the capital must be closed. I am so sorry once again.

He swerved amongst the chairs of the ARC and finally landed on Prodizi's chair at the ARC. With that, Prodizi has now officially entered the discussion regarding Formicinus.

"thoughts on the matter ambassador?"
Icewraith Industries

Praise Saskia Aufseher

Prodizi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Prodizi » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:43 am

As a representative from Prodizi and the great leader, Prodizi's stance in this agreement is that all troops in Formicinus to remain and guard until a specified time and date, but the military of other countries shall only be in their respective sectors/areas assigned. With that, we ensure a strong new Formicinus with a brand new government which will cater to our needs (because they lost the war) and create a puppet government.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates