NATION

PASSWORD

The Great Path (TWI)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Prestatyn
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

The Great Path (TWI)

Postby Prestatyn » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Hello and well met!

This thread shall serve as the gathering place of The Great Path, an alliance based on Celtic, Norse, and Germanic cultures. Here we will be discussing all matters of importance, recruiting new members, war planning, and hosting of gatherings and festivals.

We shall have IC and OOC conversations in this thread just for the shake of having all the conversations all in one easy location. All IC conversations will be held in the current meeting place (see below) unless otherwise stated. If you have OOC conversation please label it as such.

Current IC Location: Pryce Family Estate; Halport, Prestatyn

If you are a nation who seeks membership into our alliance please follow these steps: 1) Read the Charter to see if you agree with it and if your nation meets the requirements. 2) send a TG to all the members that you wish to join. (Just so we know its there). 3) Post an IC post which includes your representative's name. 4) Wait some time until we vote on it. I'll send you a TG about the results.

Please understand that this thread is used for a RPing region alliance so unless you are a member of The Western Isles please don't post. You are always welcome to join our region.

"Strength Though Unity"

Prestatyn
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Prestatyn » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:20 pm

Delwin Pryce called in Caio Evans, a government official in charge of a special project. He was tasked with establishing the first of its kind in The Western Isles, an alliance based not on economic ties or geo-location; but one built on the three great cultures: Celtic, Norse, and Germanic. Caio walked in and sat down and handed over a document in a classified envelope. Delwin opened it and smiled it was just what he wanted it was the building block to this alliance.

The Coalition of The Great Path Charter

The Coalition of the Great Path, herein called "The Great Path" shall maintain the following charter:

Section I: Membership
Any nation that meets the following requirements is eligible for status as a member of The Great Path
1. The nation is self governed, and not reliant on any major foreign interference to maintain normal government functions.
2. The nation has measures to reduce secularism within their territories.
3. The nation's primary culture must be either Celtic, Nordic, or Germanic.
4. The nation maintains basic human rights for it's citizens.
5. The nation must have attended the formation convention or be vouched by at least two nations currently in the Alliance.
6. A nation may be accepted into The Great Path as a non-voting member state if accepted by three-fourths the current members.

Section II: Withdrawal
1. Any nation may freely withdraw from The Great Path provided they make an official statement to announce their intentions.
2. Any nation who acts in a malice manner against the intention of this agreement may be removed by a majority vote of member nations.
3. Any nation may apply for admittance to The Great Path after three months of their withdrawal.

Section III: Communication
1. All heads of state shall maintain open and direct lines of communication with all other member states.
2. Each nation shall send a delegate to maintain a presence in the headquarters of The Great Path located on the border of Shanowinn and Stordavia, where they will maintain similar lines of communication.
3. The Great Path shall meet to discuss business at least four times a year, near the Spring Equinox, the Summer Solstice, the Autumn Equinox, and the Winter Solstice.
4. Each year the heads of states of each member nation shall meet at a festival to discuss important matter, this festival shall travel to a different nation every year.
5. Embassies of all Great Path nations shall be constructed in each member nation to maintain viable communications.

Section IV: Conduct
1. No member nation will take any hostile actions against another member nation.
2. All members nations shall act in a manner that promotes mutual benefits to The Great Path when possible.
3. Member nations shall, when able to, render aid to other member nations when they fall victim to war, disaster, or other major calamities.
4. Member nations agree to carry out the terms of this agreement.

Section V: Travel
1. All citizens of member nations shall be free to travel to other member nations provided they have procured the required documents.
2. Non-military air and naval vessels of member nations shall have access to all ports of entry to other member nations.
3. Member nations shall provide adequate shelter and hospitality for any citizen of other member nations if they are displaced by war, disaster, or other major calamities until such time as safe travel may be secured.

Section VI: Religion
1. No member nation shall pass laws that enhance secularism withing their boarders.
2. Heads of State of each member nation shall maintain a religious adviser to assist in decisions.
3. No member nation shall discriminate against the prominent religion in any other member nation.

Section VII: Trade
1. All member nations are encourage to promote business in other member nations.
2. No member nation shall place tariffs or taxes on the importation of goods produce by another member nation.
3. No member nation shall discriminate against a citizen seeking gainful employment solely due to their citizenship status in another member nation.
4. No member nation shall place embargoes or otherwise significantly restrict trade with other member nations.

Section VIII: Defense
1. Each member nation shall adapt unique and recognizable call-signs for their military vessels.
2. Each member nation is encourage to all resupply of military vessels in their territory and to provide respite in their lands and waters during time of natural disaster, war or other calamities.
3. All Alliance military vessels shall render aid to stranded civilian and military vessels of other Great Path member states, should aid be requested, or should the vessel appear in grave and immediate peril.

Section IX: International Affairs
1. The Great Path shall act in defense of non-secularism.
2. The Great Path shall strive for the safety, freedom, happiness and prosperity of all citizens of the Alliance.
3. The Great Path shall act united whenever feasible.

Section X: Amendments
1. This document may be edited following a two-thirds agreement of voting nations.

Section XI: Signatures
The following representatives sign this charter on behalf of their nations.

"Very good Mr. Evans, you shall be my representative in my absence at all meetings for The Great Path. Your first task from me is to send out a notice to Upper Norseland, Stordavia, and Shanowinn."
"It shall be done my Excellency." Representative Evans replied.
Last edited by Prestatyn on Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Strength Though Unity"

Upper Norseland
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Norseland » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:59 am

Summer Palace of His Royal Majesty
Royal Holding of Lanstevaed
Kingdom of the Upper Norselands
11:43 AM

The characteristic sounds of boisterous laughter, drunken singing, and victorius music echoed through the dark, chilly halls of the ancient castle. Storri had been inside the palace once before, years ago, but had never made it past the Great Hall, that bright, warm, joyful hall where the Royal Guards and Honored Guests of His Majesty made mirth and boasted amongst themselves, and where the mead and ale flowed like rivers. He had certainly never been this far inside. With each step, his bootfalls echoed on the stone walls. Finally, he approached the Royal Guardsmen by the small, unassuming wooden door. Nodding briefly, the Guard swung it open and ushered him in.

His Royal Majesty Ulfred III, King of the Upper Norselands, sat in a soft red chair, a bear fur draped about his shoulders, his long, bright blonde hair unbraided. Storri gulped audibly and bowed deeply.
"Your Royal Majesty, I...." The King held up his hand.
"Have you seen this?" He asked quietly, gesturing at the long scroll in his hands.
"Why, no, Your Majesty, I...."
"Do you know what this is?" Finally, Ulfred turned to face his guest.
Storri could only guess. He had no real idea as to what the King held. "Uh, Special Correspondence, I'm sure, Majesty, but of what nature I have not been made aware."
Rolling up the scroll, Ulfred held it up for his Seneschal, who scurried out of the far corner of the room and bowed deeply as he took it from the Kings hand, and significantly less deeply when he offered it to Storri.

The Coalition of the Great Path was emblazoned across the top in proud, firm runes, a unique deisgn of the World-Tree stamped into its seal. Storri gasped and gazed at the King.
"Your Majesty, surely you're joking! I am hardly qualified to...."
"You are who has been selected. By me, personally. You have served me well in the past, and it is time that service gained recognition. Storri Storrisson of the House of Raedsvorn, I do hereby appoint you Lord, that you may be my eyes, my ears, and the bearer of the words from my mouth in the Coalition Council. You shall speak with my voice, and your enemies will tremble." His Majesty's speech was accompabied by the Seneschal draping an Ermine fur over Storri's shoulders and presenting him with a magnificently carved longsword. "Accept these gifts as your token of office." Standing, His Majesty took hold of Storri's shoulders and embraced him. "We will do great things with our newfound brethren. See that you are prepared."

Storri didn't remember how he'd gotten outside. Sitting in stupefaction on the steps of the Directorate office, the Varmtland sun beaming down on him, clutching his new "token of office." He was to be ambassador to the greatest international organization in the Isles, nay, the world! Gulping again, Lord Storri Storrisson stumbled home. His team would have to be assembled after his nerves were calmed by a healthy few doses of mead.

Stordavia
Secretary

Founded: Jan 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Stordavia » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:06 am

The President's Manor
Ludvika, The District of Erik Stord
The Grand Federation of Stordavia
0900 Hours

"Of course, and be sure to send my regards to the Elvin while he's on vacation, adjö." President Hana Larsson ended the phone call with the vice president's chief of staff. The phone buzzed, and Hana's secretary's voice was heard spoken, "Missus President, I have a letter for you, from... Prestatyn." "Of course, please bring it in."

The secretary walked in and placed an envelope with the golden seal of The Great Path. "Here, sir," with a simple nod of thanks, he left the room.

The president opened the letter, "So we're meeting in Prestatyn for now," she paused to call up the secretary, "John, can you schedule a flight to Prestatyn for me? Tomorrow?" he replied, "Yes sir, right away."
Stordavia Broadcasting Network

Shanowinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanowinn » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:32 pm

The Ahern's manor - Ráth Ahern
Outside Termon, capital of Shanowinn
The Ahernry of Shanowinn

Ahern Gleann Steffan Bánach enjoyed spending time outside of Termon, outside the bustle of the city. Of course he imagined that it would be difficult not to enjoy Ráth Ahern--at least for one deeply invested in their people's roots, like him. Naturally, the one of the Ahern's favorite places to be during the daytime was the manor's equestrian center. At this particular time he was conducting one of his traditional duties, evaluating both his own and others' horses. The steed he was riding was a relatively new one, property of the Alan's Rifles Ceremonial Detachment. They were partly responsible for continuing the line of horses from Erwan Alan's very own, during the Unification of the late 1890s. The Ahern's son, Steffan Lorcan Bánach, was part of the Ceremonial Detachment and had delivered the horse to the manor. His old-style ceremonial uniform looked dashing.

"Most people test drive cars, but you test drive horses!" Steffan called out to his father from the fence as he rode nearby.

"Ha! Yes! This is a good horse, Steffan," he patted the animal's chestnut neck.

"Hello!" came a friendly feminine call from outside the fence. Both Steffan and Ahern Gleann looked and saw Brigid Ceallaigh, daughter of the influential Aidan Ceallaigh from the Comsedlon. They exchanged greetings, and Gleann handed off the horse to his son so that he and Brigid could speak on the nearby patio. After a few moments they reached the patio which was somewhat removed from the pasture, but had it for a view. Towards the right side there was a striking statue of the goddess Anemétagh within a murmuring grotto. The man and woman walked up the flight of stairs and took seats.

"So, how are you and Aidan?" opened the Ahern.

"I'm doing fine, sir, although Mr. Ceallaigh wasn't feeling well so he sends his regrets that he couldn't come. But I have news on his behalf," replied Brigid.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Tell him to get well soon. What is the news? Not bad news I hope?" At this, Brigid smiled.

"Very good, actually. Prestatyn has sent a message that it wishes to form 'The Coalition of the Great Path,' an alliance based on the intertwining cultures of Prestatyn, Stordavia, Upper Norseland, and Shanowinn. Here is a packet on it from Aidan, and the Minister of the Exterior." She handed over the official documents, with the title page sporting a great tree.

"Let's see..." Gleann skimmed some of it, "oh so there will be a conference? Well on first impression, I wholeheartedly approve, and I don't think that will change! We will certainly send a representative to aid in the formation of the Great Path."

"My Ahern, I can't help but feel somewhat embarrassed in asking this, but I would like to be the representative for Shanowinn--my father was going to suggest me if he were here. Here is his request, in writing. Like you I am devoted to our culture and would be honored to serve you and Shanowinn in the Coalition."

"Ah, I see. Don't be embarrassed, there's no need to worry. It looks like all is in order; congratulations on your appointment, Ms. Ceallaigh! The Ministry of the Exterior should help you get to Prestatyn and arrange everything."

"Thank you, sir, thank you very much! My father will be pleased, as am I!"

Ahern Bánach smiled and nodded, then looked to the pasture where his son was caring for the horse. He thought a moment and smiled again.

"Oh, Brigid, I think that a royal gift would be in order for each of these nations of the Great Path--tell my son that we wish to present a royal horse to each of them."
Last edited by Shanowinn on Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't use NS stats; I use factbooks

Pro: whiskey
Anti: running out of whiskey

Prestatyn
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Prestatyn » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:48 pm

Cardill, Prestatyn
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Office

Representative Evans was still getting used to his new position in the government. He had never been in such a role before. As he sorted through the assignments of the various ministries preparing for the arrival of the other nations with either their heads of state or their representatives, he had a knock on his door. It was a messenger from the Lord Protector himself, which was becoming more common. The notice was he request to abandon his office in Cardill and move temporarily into the Pryce Family Estate. He mumbled under his breath because this was going to cause logistical headaches due to the distance between the capital and the bureaucracy. He continued reading the final request, which was one that he had expected and had already started to plan. His excellency had requested a beautiful gift for each head of state. His idea was creating a family of dueling swords handcrafted for each leader with each one being engraved in their native tongue the message "May honor and fortune bless The Great Path."

"Strength Though Unity"

Upper Norseland
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Norseland » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:46 am

The flight had been uneventful. Well, as uneventful as a small aluminum tube full of Norsemen being thrown through the sky could be. At least there was only one fight, Storri thought wearily as he collapsed into the back seat of his (thankfully) private state car outside Cardill International.
"Sir?" The driver held back a small black telephone. Leaning forward and groaning slightly, Storri mumbled some "thank you" or another and put the phone to his ear.
"Yes?"
"Storri Storrisson?" The young man's voice was bright, energetic. Certainly not an experienced diplomat.
"Yes?"
"Oh, wonderful." Storri gritted his teeth in irritation. "May I be the first to welcome you to the People's Republic of Prestatyn, and to tell you what an honor it is to have you here." As the car pulled into the traffic of the departure lane, the driver began speaking softly into his earpiece, presumably coordinating with the other vehicles carrying the Norse diplomatic team.
"My name is Jonathan Carver, junior secretary to the deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, and I just wanted to bring you up to speed on the changes to your itinerary."
"Changes?" Storri rubbed his temples in frustration. Nothing could ever be easy?
"Yes, sir. On the itinerary you were sent last week, you were scheduled to visit the Ministry in two days time. The Minister was wondering if you would be amenable to coming by today?"
"If I say no?" Carver chuckled.
"Well, the driver has been instructed to bring you here." Storri fought the urge to challenge the boy to a duel.
"That's what I thought."
"Well, he is your driver, of course. If you wish him to take you elsewhere, I'm sure..."
"Don't bother placating me, boy. I would suggest that, for your own safety, you are not present when my team and i arrive."
"Oh, uh, no, sir." Carver's voice, while still holding the boyish enthusiasm of before, now had a tinge of awkwardness to it.
"No?"
"Well, the Minister wishes to see just you, sir."
Storri sighed heavily and hung up the phone. This assignment was already beginning to test him.

Prestatyn
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Prestatyn » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:34 pm

Caio nervously oversees the final preparations as the representatives begin to arrive at the Estate House.

"Strength Though Unity"

Prestatyn
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Prestatyn » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:34 pm

Caio nervously oversees the final preparations as the representatives begin to arrive at the Estate House.

"Strength Though Unity"

Shanowinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Shanowinn » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:09 am

OOC: School is starting for me on Monday and I'm working on moving into my apartment these next few days so I might not have lots of time here but hopefully I can get a post up very soon. Cheers.

Shanowinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Shanowinn » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Prestatyn wrote:Caio nervously oversees the final preparations as the representatives begin to arrive at the Estate House.

Brigid Ceallaigh arrives at the Estate House after the journey from Shanowinn, with the customary entourage.

Hello from Shanowinn, she says, have other delegates arrived?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates