NATION

PASSWORD

Life in Niederstadt [Miyane-only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Luepola
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Life in Niederstadt [Miyane-only]

Postby Luepola » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:10 pm

Welcome to Life in Niederstadt, a character-based RP where you may roleplay as a character in the city of Niederstadt, Vonzumier. Niederstadt is the most populous city in Vonzumier and one of the most important cities to Miyane's global economy. It is also the center of immigration to the nation of Vonzumier. As a result, Niederstadt is a city where many people of widely varied background may come together and interact in life-changing ways.

Bear in mind that this thread is for residents of Miyane only. If you are not in the region, but wish to take part in this RP and others like it, we recommend that you read through this thread to get an understanding of how we roleplay in our region, to decide if this is the right fit for you; once you decide, feel free to contact anyone in the administration about applying to the region. And until you decide if you wish to join or not, we hope that you find our roleplay to be a fascinating read.

LIFE IN NIEDERSTADT

August 11, 2015
12:00 PM

12:00. Finally. "Mister Vogel, I am going on my lunch break now." Klara Wälden said to her boss.

"Okay, see you in an hour." he replied, as Klara removed her apron and set it in the back room. She quickly grabbed her handbag and walked out of the kitchen, taking a bagel and a iced mocha with her. She quietly took a seat at a bench facing 44th street, and began to eat her lunch while watching the cars and pedestrians pass by the window.

As a barista in the 'Die Kaffeetasse' coffee shop in midtown Niederstadt, she had a very busy job, serving hundreds of customers per day. As such, she very much enjoyed any break she could get from her work. It gave her time to think about her life; what she planned to do that weekend, or next month or next year, as well as her past actions that led her to where she was at now. It was not her original intent to be a barista. Klara had wanted for the majority of her childhood to be a computer programmer, and she managed to earn a place in the Niederstadt Technical Institute, leaving behind her dysfunctional family in the process. However, poor life choices on her part resulted in her being kicked out of the university, leaving her to fend for herself in Niederstadt.

This same reflection of her past life rushed through her mind at least once a day. Well, the past is the past. Nothing I can do about that any more, Klara thought. She took a sip of her mocha and continued to watch as the people moved along the bustling roads and sidewalks of Niederstadt.

12:23 PM

Alarik Jaluotsalainen finished the last of his sub sandwich and started to pack his few belongings. Since his expulsion from his former workplace two months ago, Alarik had lived homeless on the streets of Niederstadt, surviving only on the goodwill and charity of the occasional passerby. This did not happen often, however. TImes had passed when he would have to last for days without a single donation of food or money. Alarik was extremely grateful for the old woman who had earlier that day taken the time to buy him one of the most filling meals he had received in weeks.

As miserable of a life it was, he still found it preferable to living in his homeland, the People's Republic of Valtania, for which he harbored deep resentment. After all, his home country was responsible for the death of his father; at least, that was what Alarik sincerely hoped was the fate that befell him. Though he had hoped to see his father return, he eventually realized that it was unlikely to happen. At age 17, he fled the country, settling in Merissai and later in Vonzumier, to escape the lifestyle that he was doomed to: as a Valtanic citizen, he was legally obligated to register for the Valtanic People's Army when he became of age.

Alarik got off the bench and began walking. Alarik hoped to reach the Braumann park, nearly 30 blocks away, by sundown. The park was considered the safest of Vonzumier's various public parks for the impoverished to rest in. He didn't like to always go there, due to the noise level of the area, but he would occasionally tolerate it.

Alarik had only just walked the corner when he found a hiring poster for 'DJ Spinstadt Records', a music label. The company was hiring a few workers, including a janitor. This could be my opportunity for a job. Alarik scrambled in his pocket for a pen and notepad, and scribbled both the address of the company and its phone number. 29th street. That's quite the walk, Alarik thought. Fortunately, it was in roughly the same direction as Braumann park. "Τάσσά μινά μενεν." Alarik said to himself as he began to walk.
Last edited by Luepola on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The 'e' is silent.
Riding the Trump Train to the White House

Pro: Absolute Freedom of Speech
i am a trigendered female trans-arab jedi knight please use incorrect pronouns

Anti: Political Correctness, Abuses of Power

Enough is enough.

Al-Seena
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Seena » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:41 am

Sayd ibn Rasheed Al-Iryani
Midtown
1:00 o'clock local time

The sun poured softly into the city as I meandered through the streets of this bustling, almost living city. The weather was fair and something I'd been used to for the majority of my life given my upbringing in the harsh deserts of Al-Seena. The day was early and I had just dressed up for work, nothing special: a Black button up collared shirt with the emblem of the company I worked for, black cargos trucked into black combat boots. It was the typical uniform for the security guards at the firm and bade us look far more intimidating than many of us actual are. Add to that a walkie talkie and a utility belt fitted with a collapsible Bayton and a can of mace I had the full uniform set.

I made my way through the streets with a good hour before work, I started to prowl the shops for a place to pick up some food before started my shift. Usually I'd go to a locally owned halal place but it was sadly closed for renovations the last three weeks. Should be open soon but not today. So I kept looking for a place I could find something.

As I passed the corner onto 24th Street I saw a place that seemed like it would offer a selection, Koffeetasse was the name and it looked like any other coffee place, meaning it would have at least something for me. I turned in and pushed open the door to the coffee shop and slowly made my way in. Nobody was at the register but the place was obviously open for business. I have a quite knock on the counter and gave out a general hello to grab the attention of anyone in the back of the store.

Véronique l'Encelon
Old City District
1:00

"So, we've made headway the last few sessions on your family ties. What's made you come here, all of that. But I need to dive deeper into your history before I can truly help you" said Dr. Reier as we sat face to face directly across from one another. This had been our eight psychiatric session together but even through I had gotten to know him well I still felt this uncontrollable nature to withhold from him. I came here to fix the issues which were plaguing me but the more he dug in the worse I internally closed myself off. As though I could never truly lead myself to recovery. In response I simply nodded my head no.

"I know that's not true, you show all the signed of a traumatic sexual imprint. So far you've informed me that your fathers relationship with you was not at all abusive so unless your lying I need you to tell about the event you think might have triggered all of this." He said obviously trying to coheres me into discussing what it is that was at the root of my issues. But again I neglected is requests.

"I think I'll head home now." I told the Doctor as I grabbed my purse and stood up. He sighed in frustration and I quickly walked out the door and through the buildings facilities passing receptionist and other employees before I quietly made my way out to the streets. The sun wasn't as harsh as I had known it growing up so I didn't mind it as much as some of the locals might. I kept to myself as I moved through the current of people, I didn't want to gather attention to myself as I made my way over to my home on 17th street. The walk was a fairly long one but nothing I hadn't done before in the months that I've lived here, as I walked I debated in what I did and why I did it. I can't believe myself honestly, I came here to seek help for myself but I sabotage it at every turn. What was the point of coming here then? Should I just go back home? I mean I'm just wasting time and finances at this point. Jesus Christ I need this though, I can't have a normal life like this.

As I walked down the street and looked over at my apartment. I initially made my way to the Apartment complex but I stopped just as I did so. I looked over across the street where a small tea shot had just been built up. It was a new place, family owned, and probably better then that garbage they sell at Koffeetasse. I could also go for a drink, probably would calm me just a bit and help me get my mind straight. I turned slowly and walked across the street slowly opening the glass door into the tea shop.
Arab Federation of Al-Seena
Authoritative Federal Republic

Centrist Classical Liberal from the Mid West, current College Student and Future Sailor with the US Navy. Love watching and playing sports. Freestyle Wrestling, Weightlifting, and Handball are sports I typically enjoy playing. I speak English fluently with the goal of learn Arabic here in the near future. Any questions just ask me.
Al-Seena is a Multicultural and Multiethnic nation. The official languages of Al-Seena are Arabic and French. We are a multi-party party authoritarian democracy, the culture of Al-Seena is quite warm and welcoming thanks in part to the decades of civil conflict the nation has endured.

Mairland
Envoy

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mairland » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:26 pm

1:30 PM
Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David

"I said three sugars in my tea, not two, you brainless lout!"

This was the sound that greeted many of the customers' ears as the young, handsome, and ferocious Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David glared down the barista, who had made the inexcusable mistake of putting the wrong amount of sugar in his tea. The sun shone through the windows of the tea shop, but strangely enough it did not reflect off of Edward's skin, as if he were a vampire in a mirror. His eyes involuntarily flickered to the door, in case anybody who didn't "satisfy" Edward came into the shop. The barista, an expression of confusion on her face, hurriedly remade the tea and shoved it into Edward's hands.

"Th-th-thank you, Ms. Fuller."
"How do you know my name?"
"I know a lot of things."

With this exchange, Edward turned on his heel and walked out onto the sidewalk. He relaxed from his state of high tension when he saw that most of the people meandering about had a pale complexion, which he preferred. He was very particular about complexions, and facial features in general. Edward liked pale-colored skin, long noses, blue eyes, lips that were just the right shade of red, and red hair. Whenever he saw somebody who did not match his exacting specifications, his head would start to buzz and he would involuntarily gnash his teeth.

And what was this cultured, sophisticated, sexy man doing in Vonzumier? Five years previously, he had left his native Mairland chained up in a military plane, which, in the Mairish government's last, desperate attempt to get rid of Edward, had air-dropped him over his new home. As soon as he had hit the ground, Edward was overtaken by a sudden passion for animal roleplay, and he had crawled the fifty miles to Niederstadt on all fours. It was during this journey that he had developed a taste for bone marrow. In Niederstadt, he had spent part of his fortune- money acquired from a questionable and currently illegal source- on an apartment. Over the course of the next five years, he had blown much of the rest on hiring contractors to steal from bone marrow banks and ordering handmade figurines of hummingbirds from the Internet.

Suddenly, in his daze Edward bumped into a young woman on the sidewalk, who dropped her pocketbook. Picking it up, she offered her apology.

"Oh, it's quite alright, my little cherub-b-b-buh."

The lady was understandably scared by her encounter, and power-walked away from Edward. He had a brief moment of confusion where he pictured the two of them together on the back of a horse but he shook it off and continued his stroll to his apartment. A little girl, lollipop in hand, and her mother passed by a couple of minutes later. Edward bent over and whispered "my Adam's apple was grown in an orchard" before he walked away again, leaving a further two people thinking what the hell they had just seen.

As he skipped up the steps to his apartment, Edward heard his pet falcon chirping from inside of his spacious cage. His tongue glided over his lips. It was playtime.
A book of verses beneath the bough; a jug of wine, a loaf of bread, and thou beside me singing in the wilderness - ah, wilderness were paradise now!

Author of IIWiki featured article - back BEFORE it got rebooted.

The United Motherland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Motherland » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:55 pm

Hugo Meinrad
Midtown
1:00 o'clock local time

The sun shone brightly, the day's work is passing along. Many walked down this road, and Hugo Meinrad met them. He was a young black man, with a maroon t-shirt, sky blue eyes, and tattered denim jeans. He seized a stack of newspapers, and stood valiantly in front of the Koffeetasse.

"Good morning, Mr. Merkel! Good Morning, Mr. Alida!" Hugo said, passing them out to any and every soul that would let him. One young white man from the praries came up, and spoke words that Hugo would take to heart.

"Y'know, suh, the newspaper industry ain't doin' so hot anymoah. Suh, you should'n be passin' them newspapers out anymoah unless you'sin wanna loose them pockets. Yuh could hav more tha that'n, you need'n find it in thar." The young farmer took the newspaper, pounded his own heart metaphorically, and walked away.

Hugo, having been an isolated person all of his life, took this verbal display of his ability very close to home. Deciding he needed a minute, he set down his papers and walked into the cafe to get a small drink.

"Yes, uhm, may I please have a lemonade with no ice? Thank you." Hugo grabbed the lemonade and turned to sit, and stirred his lemonade halfheartedly as he thought of his future. He was only 33, there was much to live for. Although, being apart of the rather underground Afro-Vonzumerian People's Party (Marxist-Leninist), made only so much could he do. His thoughts slowly trailed as the break went on, waiting for peace to come to him.
Last edited by The United Motherland on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alosteq Diin Nastja
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alosteq Diin Nastja » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:09 pm

Kareem al-Iryani
13:00

Kareem enjoyed the sunlight as he walked down the street. He took a walk every morning since his arrival in Niederstadt, for the weather there was astoundingly good. The only part of his routine walk around the city was the staring. Everyone always stared at him. I suppose they just aren't used to seeing people like me around, Kareem thought. By that, he meant that people weren't used to seeing others in full Islamic garb as he regularly wore. Few ever actually said anything about his appearance, at least in public. But it still made him feel uncomfortable. If only the people here were more like me and the Altörks, he thought.

As Kareem turned the corner and continued walking down the street, he tried to pick up on conversations going on around him. He didn't speak much Gottish, but he still managed to understand a few words and phrases. "Эс гибт айн Кафе ан дер Экке дрүбен", one said to another. Kareem kept walking for a while, and he came across a coffee shop. I could use a little coffee, he thought to himself as he opened the door. As he walked toward the counter, he looked around. It's a nice place, he thought. As Kareem neared the counter, he nearly jumped back. To his surprise, his brother had ended up in the same café that he had. "As-salaam, my brother!", he exclaimed happily. "Mashallah, what a surprise to see you here! How are you this morning?"
☆ marxist-leninist ☆
hands off venezuela! solidarity with maduro!

Kaalmi
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaalmi » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:04 am

Yael Netanyahu
13:00

Yael Netanyahu, once a Avivi supermodel, was walking down the street. Now a little-known fashion designer, she didn't stand out from the crowd. Her dark brown hair, once straightened in long locks, was now much shorter and pulled into a tight bun. She wore a simple navy pencil skirt and a white blouse with ruffles, topped off with a pair of navy high heels.

She was a quiet one; changed from her younger days. Now 30, she had arrived in Niederstadt just 3 years ago, leaving Aviv behind her. She never properly left Aviv, as her decision was a last-minute one. She had her breakthrough as a superstar in Aviv just a year prior in 2011, but fame was killing her. Her manager was trying to get her global recognition, but she was under tremendous stress and pressure. She had arrived for a week in 2012 for a fashion show in Niederstadt, before her manager decided on extending her stay to 3 months to try and build an image in Vonzumier. As her 3-month stay came to a close, she had fell in love with Niederstadt. When she announced to her manager she was not returning to Aviv, he agreed and recommended her to many modeling agencies in Vonzumier, but she then decided to leave the whole modeling industry behind, and decided to become a designer instead. Now working out of her apartment, she made a very pleasing amount of money, but she was still rather unknown, and Netanyahu still hoped to have a breakthrough.

She knew a lot of Avivi's living in Niederstadt - especially around her neighbourhood - but most of her acquaintances were other foreigners living in Niederstadt. As she walked, she began to tire out. This is why I need a car she thought to herself, before stopping outside a coffee shop. I suppose.... she though to herself, walking into the shop, and ordered herself an iced tea, and took a seat, watching the world around her. She noticed all different languages being spoken - Hearing someone mutter something in Avivi, and hearing two individuals discussing in Arabic, one of her three languages she was fluent in. She lost herself in thought, wondering if she really should have stayed in Vonzumier, dreaming about returning one day to her fatherland.
Aminist nominee for WA Secretary-General 2016. Came #4th in the fraudulent general election, 1st in the hearts of all those non Obote.

Luepola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luepola » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:49 am

Klara turned around to find that the cafe had become surprisingly busy again, unusual for that time of day. Particularly noticeable was the fact that most of the customers seemed to be foreigners. Not that that was particularly surprising: Klara lived in one of the most multicultural cities on the planet. Nevertheless, it was interesting to hear the many languages of the crowd. One particularly dashing man took a seat not far from her: she was within earshot of him when a friend of his approached and began conversing with him in what she presumed to be Arabic. Another man not far from her, whom she recognized as the newspaper boy who stood near the coffee shop often, stopped in for a drink. She recognized him as one of the only native Vonzumierans in the shop, though he was an Afro-Vonzumieran, as was very clearly evident through both his skin complexion and his speech.

Klara looked at her watch. She still had a little while before she had to return to her job. Enough time to play some 'Spinny Chair', Klara thought as she pulled out her smartphone and loaded up her favorite game. Klara then proceeded to essentially lose her focus on her surroundings, and her track of time, as she picked up where she had left off last.
The 'e' is silent.

Enough is enough.

The United Motherland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Motherland » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Hugo Meinrad
Midtown
1:09 local time

The young man, buried in his convictions, was surprisingly able to notice a rather bored lady sitting relatively close by. Without thought, he observed the kind one and determined it would be a good time to meet new people. Being the person Hugo grew up to be, he firmly introduced himself to the girl.

"Morning, mam, what are you doing today?" He commented, as he turned around a chair to see only the back of her game. He stirred his lemonade with his worn straw, the ice lightly clacking on the plastic. "The place sure is busy today, don't ya think?" He said, attempting to get an answer out of the occupied lady. He took a small sip of lemonade and smiled with a ruse of glee.
Last edited by The United Motherland on Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luepola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luepola » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Klara realized that the news boy was talking to her directly. Giving her "Oh, sorry, thought you were talking to someone else." She said, pausing her game. "It's not as busy as it can be. It was a lot worse this morning when I was here." Klara said, indicating she had been there earlier without specifying that she actually worked at the shop. Not that she was particularly worried about the man, but it helped to remain cautious and vigilant.
Last edited by Luepola on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The 'e' is silent.

Enough is enough.

Al-Seena
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Seena » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:28 am

Sayd ibn Rasheed Al-Iryani
Midtown

"Marhabaan Akhy! kayf halik?" I said as Kareem walked into the coffee shop. It had been a long time since I had actually seen my brother since we hard parted ways after I got a job and an apartment of my own. He still walked around in his thawb, something he started doing just as we made our way to Vonzumier. It was extremely out of place within our new home but it never bothered me not was it causing harm.

"So what brings you here?" I asked him as I turned around and got ready to get some coffee. However when I turned around there still wasn't an employee at the stand. I simply sighed and checked my watch. 30 minutes to head of to work, I've only got a few before I've got to leave to get to work on time. I reached over and knocked on the counter again to try and get some attention.

"Hello, anyone work?" I asked in my accented Gottish.

Centrist Classical Liberal from the Mid West, current College Student and Future Sailor with the US Navy. Love watching and playing sports. Freestyle Wrestling, Weightlifting, and Handball are sports I typically enjoy playing. I speak English fluently with the goal of learn Arabic here in the near future. Any questions just ask me.
Al-Seena is a Multicultural and Multiethnic nation. The official languages of Al-Seena are Arabic and French. We are a multi-party party authoritarian democracy, the culture of Al-Seena is quite warm and welcoming thanks in part to the decades of civil conflict the nation has endured.

Al-Seena
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Seena » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:38 pm

Frea Kjaltvorð
Central Niederstadt
1:45pm

"Storn fucking wake up" I said trying to get him out of his bed. The words echoed through our small apartment and the sounds of me slapping him to try and get him up and roused.

"Goddamnit Frea what is it?" He asked after he slowly got himself out of his sleep. His pale skin wore the red arks of my strikes and his blond hair usually slicked back was a mess looking more like the flame if a bond fire rather than the more traditional and professional comb back.

"You're going to be late for work, get ready and get out of the door okay! Come on, come on.!" I told him, just as the words you're going to be late broke through my lips he made the motions and jumped from his back to his feet off the single futon mattress we shared in this small Studio Appartment. Before I could whip my head to catch him he was already in the bathroom with water running. I took advantage of the rare solitude and started to get changed myself.

"Hey don't come out for a bit, I'm getting dressed real quick." I yelled to him through the door and I started to strip off my sleep wear. Standing in the nude I rummaged through my pile of cloths picking out a pair of black stirrupped leggings, a regular black shirt, and a crimson red crew neck sweatshirt. I got out my shoes which were a pair of athletic shoes with a black and red color scheme.

"Aright you're good to come out now." I said just as I finished getting dressed. The water to the shower slowly started to get cut off and eventually turned off. He came out of bathroom with his black dress pants on.

"Do you have one of my dress shirts over there?" He asked, I looked around; scanning the floor and saw a light blue dress shirt on the floor. I grabbed it and throw it to him, he snatched it mid air and quickly through it around himself, grabbing a tie from the floor.

"Alight I'll be back later tonight." He told me as he tucked and buttoned his dress shirt, he started to do up his tie just as he left the apartment leaving me alone in the apartment. As the silence started to settle back down into the apparent I later back down on the futon. I couldn't really focus on much outside my immediate surroundings. This whole place was so new to me, I had just moved into this apartment and to this new country. The language was a new thing for me, even though I could understand a little bit of it because Gottish and Insaeldic were related and I had been learning the language gradually during the months I've been here. The city was a vastly new experience for me and probably for Storn as well. Even the biggest cities in Insaeldor had this ancient rustic feel to them and lacked the modernist feel that Niederstadt did. I still couldn't shrug the feeling of solitude, this whole thing of moving with Storn to Niederstadt seemed like just a massive mistake. Living in this strange city in a house with a person I don't love anymore was all to much.

I grabbed my purse and headed out the door, hoping that maybe some time out would distract me from the loneliness and depression that sunk me in the gallows of my thoughts. I quickly made my way down the several flights of stairs and down to the main lobby and from their I made a hasty move outside. The weather was mild, at least compared to what I knew back home for this time of year. The streets were cluttered with people, some who had a purpose and we're not to keen on waiting around other people while it still laid out for them to conquer. Others wandered aimlessly with no direct, Same as me as I made my way further and further into midtown.

I sights were nice, you couldn't see the main skyline, or the old wild glory of the old city but still plenty of beautiful building from modernist, to Victorian, neo-gothic,or simply just quirky and they were all beautiful. However I still had the twinge of emptiness. I could exactly put my finger on what I did though. What could be missing from my experience? Was it simply homesickness, was the city not good enough for me in some shallow and vain way? What could it be?

Just as I was debating the whole thing in my head I bumped into something, I stumbled a bit and kept on my feel. I turned around to see what I had knocked into, it was nothing more that a sidewalk sign for "Spinstadt Records". Looking up I saw the main sign for the record shop hanging in the window. Maybe it's music missing from my experience! I quick composed myself and walked into the record store. As I did I felt at home for the first time in so long, the sounds of music filled the air around me reminding me of the time I would play guitar at home. Finally a place I could feel like a whole person.
Last edited by Al-Seena on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The United Motherland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Motherland » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:05 pm

Luepola wrote:
The United Motherland wrote:Hugo Meinrad
Midtown

The young man, buried in his convictions, was surprisingly able to notice a rather bored lady sitting relatively close by. Without thought, he observed the kind one and determined it would be a good time to meet new people. Being the person Hugo grew up to be, he firmly introduced himself to the girl.

"Morning, mam, what are you doing today?" He commented, as he turned around a chair to see only the back of her game. He stirred his lemonade with his worn straw, the ice lightly clacking on the plastic. "The place sure is busy today, don't ya think?" He said, attempting to get an answer out of the occupied lady. He took a small sip of lemonade and smiled with a ruse of glee.

Klara realized that the news boy was talking to her directly. Giving her "Oh, sorry, thought you were talking to someone else." She said, pausing her game. "It's not as busy as it can be. It was a lot worse this morning when I was here." Klara said, indicating she had been there earlier without specifying that she actually worked at the shop. Not that she was particularly worried about the man, but it helped to remain cautious and vigilant.

Hugo Meinrad
Midtown

"Well, let me tell you - I'm that boy who has to sit outside in the morning screamin' at people all day. It can make a long day longer sometimes." Hugo takes a sip from his drink, looking around. "Do those boys over there come here often?" He points to the two brothers, both seeming arabic. "They seem new."

Luepola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luepola » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:33 pm

"I haven't seen them before." Klara said. It was technically a half-truth, as Klara rarely paid attention to who went through the store, and thus wouldn't recognize a customer, save that they visited on a daily routine. "We don't get too many Arabs around here."

"Klara!" her boss called from behind the counter. "Break time is over, we need more hands on deck."

"Yes, sir." she called back out. Turning to the black boy who had yet to introduce himself properly, she said, "Sorry, I have to go." Klara grabbed her phone and lunch and quickly walked back behind the counter before he could respond properly. Shortly after Klara took her place at the register, one of the Arab men walked up to her register. "Hello, what may I get for you today?"
Last edited by Luepola on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The 'e' is silent.

Enough is enough.

Mairland
Envoy

Postby Mairland » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:58 pm

10:54 AM
Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David

"There's nothing good in here! I only like pleasant bananas, not unsatisfactory ones!"

Edward yelled these words to passerby as he rooted through a dumpster. He briefly turned to gnash his teeth at a young boy before resuming his "exercise". Unfortunately, the excitement soon wore off. "Let's go lo-ook at a school-l-l-l-l-el, hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

In the second misfortune of the day, Edward did not see any satisfactory children as he peered through the school window. However, he developed a fleeting passion for the stick of chalk on the blackboard.

These wholesome activities formed Edward's essential daily routine. He woke up, consumed bone marrow, drank a cup of tea, and embarked on his adventure. Today, he resolved to walk back to the Kaffestrasse for another cup of coffee...

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Last edited by Mairland on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A book of verses beneath the bough; a jug of wine, a loaf of bread, and thou beside me singing in the wilderness - ah, wilderness were paradise now!

Gotseza
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gotseza » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:32 pm

Dietrich Sobelmann
Mood: "I'm here I guess?"
Noon-ish

The bus was crowded, not bad crowded as his parents so often explained to him, but every seat onboard was taken. This inconvience forced the soldier-on-vacation to stand, though it was no bother to him at all, being a border guard back home he had become accustomed to standing for great lengths of time. Still, he was on vacation, he sighed as the bus drove passed a small coffee shop. His interest briefly peeked by the sight of, what he could only assume, a homeless man eating from the dumpster.

"Why did Mama unt Papa ever come here." He muttered, his hand casually went into his pocket. Though arriving only yesterday, he had not gotten used to the timezone. His face disheveled and his clothes still the same from yesterday, but he decided to take this time to visit the sites. A month of vacation would do him good, the border wasn't going anyway and even if it did, the news would cover it. He decided to reach into his pocket and pull out his cell phone, a Volk Blizzard, one of the newer models in Gotseza.

His finger swiped the screen, before tapping contacts. "My Brother" the contact read as he pressed it. He raised it to his ear, only to hear the ring tone. A loud bump echoed over the phone.

"shi- Sorry. Dropped it" The voice answered. "Dietrich, I didn't expect a call so soon." He said nervously.

"Whats wrong Hansel," Dietrich answered, only now realizing his thick accent,

"Nothing brother. Just was making some meat pie. Your call surprised me." He said as the distance sound of sizzling was heard.

"I was just calling to see how the dog is doing," Dietrich's only real regret of traveling was not being able to take his dog due to 'travel restrictions. "Is he well?" He asked,

"Oh yes. Boco is doing great. He just ate his full plate. Didn't you" The phone erupted into a loud, deep bark. A few people near him jumped at this, Dietrich slightly smiled.

"Just make sure he goes out before he goes to bed, if he doesn't, he will keep you awake all night long with his whining." He said, as though he had said it so many times now, it was tiresome.

"Brother, please. Enjoy you're vacation and stop calling me so much." His brother spoke, Dietrich was prepared to reply but was met with the dial tone. He looked at his phone and sighed as it slid into his back pocket. The bus slightly lurched before coming to a stop.

"Braumann Park" the driver said over the radio. This was his stop.

Mairland
Envoy

Postby Mairland » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:51 pm

This RP is now closed.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates