NATION

PASSWORD

Rise of Nations RP, 1915 - 1995 (Open to All, OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:50 pm

Confederation of imperial states wrote:
Rodrenon wrote:Rise of Nations Application:

RP Name: Scandinavian Union
Claims: Norway, Sweden, and Denmark
Population: 11 million
Current High Ranking Political Official(s):
King Christopher IV
President Johan Søndergaard of the Council of Ministers
Military Population: 400,000 active; 200,000 reserve
History: Out of the democratic and Scandinavian nationalist movements that swept the Kingdoms, in a gesture of peace between the nobility, the clergy, the burghers, and the peasants, the royalty offered to establish peace by renouncing the hereditary aspect of the monarchy, and in concert with the nobles, establish a constitution that placed powers that represented the four estates of the realm. As the people felt that the crown represented the people, the monarchy was retained and placed within a strict election process and mostly judicial role. It is also in this constitution that united the Scandinavian kingdoms into one, and established the Council of Ministers as exercising the majority of executive duties within the state.

Accepted

Pau Chiang wrote:Rise of Nations Application:

RP Name: South Australia
Claims: The State of South Australia, Kangaroo Island, King Island and the B79 highway from Broken Hill to Mildura back to SA along the A20
Population: 6'500'000 (1920)
Prime Minister: Thomas Bills
Minister to the People: Randal Marsh
Military Population: 15'000 (3'000 Reserve)
History: This takes place in which the state of South Australia was not involved in the Australian Federation in 1901, and had been in conflict with the Federal Australian government from 1905-1909, loosing its claims to Tasmania and much of its Victorian territories. The war has left tensions between the two countries running high, and has led to South Australia developing heavily in international trade, with almost all of its GDP coming from exports, Asia being a key trade partner for South Australia's survival.

Map (Image)

Denied, Someone has already joined as australia.

Someone before him claimed Sweden and Finland.
Tulkomanistan wrote:Rise of Nations Application:
RP Name: Union of Sweden and Finland
Claims: Sweden and Finland
Population: 8,602,400
Current High Ranking Political Official(s): Carl V(Sweden) Anton I(Finland)
Military Population: 400.000 standing army(1 million reserve)
History: Sweden was successful during Finish War(1808-1809). They lost Southern Finland to Russians but managed to hold Northern Finland at the end of the war. Sweden got it's revenge in 1823, when Russia was fighting on Far East. Swedish ships striked the ports of Southern Finland and bombarded St. Petersburg a few days after. Land forces of Sweden took over Southern Finland without much resistance because of Sweden's promises to Finnish people and Russia's lack of troops on the front. Swedish forces invaded Karelia as well and started to move towards to St. Petersburg. After a battle at the outskirts of St. Petersburg, two sides made ceasefire. Russia gave Southern Finland back to Sweden in 1825. Swedish Government didn't want to do what they promised to Finnish people at first but after 5 years, Sweden released Finland to create an union with it after a month. The Union didn't join to any conflict since it's formation in 1830 but some say that they may invade Norway and Denmark in near future to unite Scandinavia.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Pau Chiang
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Pau Chiang » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:54 pm

Togeria wrote:
Confederation of imperial states wrote:Accepted

History: Sweden was successful during Finish War(1808-1809). They lost Southern Finland to Russians but managed to hold Northern Finland at the end of the war. Sweden got it's revenge in 1823, when Russia was fighting on Far East. Swedish ships striked the ports of Southern Finland and bombarded St. Petersburg a few days after. Land forces of Sweden took over Southern Finland without much resistance because of Sweden's promises to Finnish people and Russia's lack of troops on the front. Swedish forces invaded Karelia as well and started to move towards to St. Petersburg. After a battle at the outskirts of St. Petersburg, two sides made ceasefire. Russia gave Southern Finland back to Sweden in 1825. Swedish Government didn't want to do what they promised to Finnish people at first but after 5 years, Sweden released Finland to create an union with it after a month. The Union didn't join to any conflict since it's formation in 1830 but some say that they may invade Norway and Denmark in near future to unite Scandinavia.

See, we need to update the map, this OOC is going astray

Confederation of imperial states
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:58 pm

Righteous Swords wrote:Not to sound pushy, but I'm unsure of whether I'm accepted or not.

I responded.
I talked with some of the Mods and we gave you a map of how much of RUssia would be acceptable, Aswell I asked if you could decrease you population just a bit because IRL Russia has significantly less population.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:59 pm

Togeria wrote:
Confederation of imperial states wrote:Accepted

f*ck Alright, give me a minute

Pau Chiang wrote:
Togeria wrote:Someone before him claimed Sweden and Finland.

See, we need to update the map, this OOC is going astray

It takes time to update the map, aswell I'm not the map maker, so give me some time while we do so.
Last edited by Confederation of imperial states on Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:01 pm

[/quote]
Accepted.

Rodrenon wrote:Rise of Nations Application:

RP Name: Scandinavian Union
Claims: Norway, Sweden, and Denmark
Population: 11 million
King Christopher IV
President Johan Søndergaard of the Council of Ministers
Military Population: 400,000 active; 200,000 reserve
History: Out of the democratic and Scandinavian nationalist movements that swept the Kingdoms, in a gesture of peace between the nobility, the clergy, the burghers, and the peasants, the royalty offered to establish peace by renouncing the hereditary aspect of the monarchy, and in concert with the nobles, establish a constitution that placed powers that represented the four estates of the realm. As the people felt that the crown represented the people, the monarchy was retained and placed within a strict election process and mostly judicial role. It is also in this constitution that united the Scandinavian kingdoms into one, and established the Council of Ministers as exercising the majority of executive duties within the state.

Updated:

Someone before you applied as Sweden and finland.

You can however have Norway and Denmark.

Greater Utrecht
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Accepted?

Postby Greater Utrecht » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:40 pm

Have I been accepted yet?
MODEDIT: Inappropriate/obscene sig content deleted.

Cassinopa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Application for joining

Postby Cassinopa » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:08 pm

This proposal has been removed because of advice on why not to choose this area

(going to submit another one later with different claims)
Last edited by Cassinopa on Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pau Chiang
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Pau Chiang » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:48 am

Rise of Nations Application:

RP Name: United Arab Empire
Claims:(The blue area near Egypt) Image
Population: 12 million
Current High Ranking Political Official(s): President Allah Ahsadieen
Military Population: 1'110'000 (400'000 Reserve)
History: After a brutal civil war, the newly installed president Allah Ashadieen stated that Egypt needed to "Stretch out away from the nile and into the savannah" and so began a blood road of conquest into the middle east and Africa, invading the neighbouring countries of Libya, Jordan, Iraq and Seria, establishing the United Arab Empire, which centres from the old capital of Cairo.

Cabana
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:03 am

Claims:(The blue area near Egypt) (Image)
History: After a brutal civil war, the newly installed president Allah Ashadieen stated that Egypt needed to "Stretch out away from the nile and into the savannah" and so began a blood road of conquest into the middle east and Africa, invading the neighbouring countries of Libya, Jordan, Iraq and Seria, establishing the United Arab Empire, which centres from the old capital of Cairo.

Why is it an Empire if they're a republic?
Post-Sarcastic Gnostic Anarcho-Fascist
Bezombia wrote:-Reagan was a Pastafarian and had statues of Cthulhu in his bed every night.
-Vladimir Lenin was married to Reagan's wife. Make of that what you will.
come on and slam
Only results! This world only remembers the results!

Westrealia
Secretary

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Westrealia » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:12 am

RP Name: New South Wales
Claims: New South Wales
Population: 5.7 Million
Pri-minister: Edmund Barton
Military Population: 670,000
History:
New South Wales never federates, and becomes a sovereign nation with loose ties to the British Empire in 1902. New South Wales wants to side with Britain in order to help herself expand. Her armed forces are building and reorganizing, which currently proves difficulty.

New Gothica
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Gothica » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:53 am

Righteous Swords wrote:Not to sound pushy, but I'm unsure of whether I'm accepted or not.

Been accepted mate
"And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
The Knight of Antaria

New Gothica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Gothica » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:54 am

For those complaining about the map I updated it 3 times last night so calm yourselves
"And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
The Knight of Antaria

Deltika
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Deltika » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:29 am

RP Name: Netherlands
Claims: Dutch East Indies, Dutch Borneo, Dutch Guyana
Population: 10,000,000
Current High Ranking Political Official(s): (President, vice president, chairman, dictator, senator, etc.)Prime Minister
Military Population: 240,000
History: The Netherlands has been a constitutional monarchy since 1815 and a parliamentary democracy since 1848. Previously, it was a republic from 1581 to 1806, and a kingdom between 1806 and 1810 (it was part of France between 1810 and 1813).
(give us a short but informative summary as to how your nation came to power)
Last edited by Deltika on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dalamtia
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalamtia » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:44 pm

RP Name: Mid Atlantic Union
Claims:Image
Population: 95,000,000 people
Current High Ranking Political Official(s): President Theodore Roosevelt
Military Population: Conscription is in place with each 18 year is placed into active duty for 2 years and then in the reserve force for 10 years

Land Forces- 150,000 troops, 700 artillery guns and 500 Machine guns. 200,000 in reserves.

Air Force: 3 Recon Aircraft, 10 Fighters(Pull Craft)

Navy:1 Dreadnoughts, 5 Battlecruisers, 20 Armored Cruisers,50 Destroyers and 25 Submarines.

History: In 1861 when the South had declared independence and won the Battle of Bull Run, The North East(+plus NY and Pennsylvania) declared the Mid Atlantic Union to protect trade with the south. When the North had a got its military up and running the Union(USA) had made captured most of Pennsylvania. But the MAU(Mid Atlantic Union) had forced a devastating counter attack retaking what was lost and New Jersey and had begun making attacks into Ohio. After the South had surrendered the Union tied to break through but the MAU had begun to use some limited use of the Gatling Gun with devastating effect. After this the MAU made a breakthrough and took Ohio and parts of Michigan. After this the Union called sued for peace and the MAU took what they held by the end of the war. After the Confederation of Canada a brief war occurred between the MAU and Canada/UK in which the MAU make quick work of the forces in Canada but could not advance do to British forces arriving and the war fell into a stalemate due the MAU navy being strong enough to hold its coast but not strong enough to move any farther. And while relations were tense between the USA and the MAU the USA gave food surplus to the MAU. As such the UK not wanting the war to last much longer gave the land around the Great Lakes the MAU had captured.
I once ate the Balkans for lunch. I'm still trying to get the Serbs away from the Kebabs I ate later

Vahn
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Rant

Postby Vahn » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:45 pm

Full Disclosure: I'm almost certainly taking this too seriously, and I'm probably being unfair.

None the less, I have gripes...

I know we are trying to make things somewhat balanced in terms of population, but the land that Amerika encompasses (Quebec, Newfoundland, and there abouts) cannot support 18 million people. Modern Canada doesn't have much more than 10 million. Maybe the whole of Canada can support that much today, but an area that small cannot, especially in 1915, alternate history or no. Furthermore, your land doesn't have the resources to support a 500,000 man army, an artillery force anywhere near 2,000 pieces strong, or an airforce with 200 planes.

On the same note, the sum population of Inner and Outer Mongolia doesn't reach 2 million people in 1915, much less 10 million.

I acknowledge that both of your nations are predicated on alternate histories. However, my criticisms are primarily based on environmental factors. Your land claims don't support that large of populations.

However, the only really egregious thing is the Amerikan tank force. Why? Because 1) the conditions to produce tanks as a viable concept (WW1) hasn't happened yet and 2) you don't have the industry and resources to build 100 tanks.

I rescind what I said above; tanks existed in theory, as many patents existed before 1915. However, I hold by my statement that you likely could not build so many tanks on your own.

TL;DR: Not realistic
Last edited by Vahn on Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is not a signature

Westrealia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Westrealia » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:13 pm

Incase my tryout isn't accepted..

RP Name: The United provinces of British Columbia
Claims: All of Modern Day British Columbia
Population: 3 million
Current High Ranking Political Official: Priminister Beaver Thompson
Military Population: 10'000 (7,'000 Reserve)
History: After the American purchase of Alaska, and the independence of amerika, they decided to create a british dominion out of their colony in Columbia. However, being threatened with a war by the great powers, Columbia was given full independence, but keeps their queen as head of state.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:36 pm

RP Name: The Liberal Republic of New-Italy
Claims: Italy
Population: 65 million
President- Massimo LaFoglia
Prime Minister- Cosimo Asvisio
Military Population: 55 thousand
History: Having the importance of the Church and the Papacy as a boost to the economy, Italy went through wonderful periods until a series of crises during the 19th and start of the 20th centuries. Still, it remains a developed and respected nation which is restoring its old importance.
Last edited by The Independent Hazerls on Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Gothica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Gothica » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Your population is to damn high mate and so is your military. Your territory cannot include any part of arabia either because Moorwhyne owns it. CIS is taking his sweet time to update the map with my links but that is all for now.

The Independent Hazerls wrote:Rise of Nations Application:
History: Having the importance of the Church and the Papacy as a boost to the economy, Italy went through wonderful periods until a series of crises during the 19th and start of the 20th centuries. Still, it remains a developed and respected nation which is restoring its old importance.

Alot of Italy is already Owned. If you'd like to take the scraps be my guest just informing you. Pop is to high for whats left of italy.

Westrealia wrote:Incase my tryout isn't accepted..

History: After the American purchase of Alaska, and the independence of amerika, they decided to create a british dominion out of their colony in Columbia. However, being threatened with a war by the great powers, Columbia was given full independence, but keeps their queen as head of state.

Population is too high

Dalamtia wrote:Rise of Nations Application:
Claims:(Image)
Military Population: Conscription is in place with each 18 year is placed into active duty for 2 years and then in the reserve force for 10 years

Land Forces- 150,000 troops, 700 artillery guns and 500 Machine guns. 200,000 in reserves.

Navy:1 Dreadnoughts, 5 Battlecruisers, 20 Armored Cruisers,50 Destroyers and 25 Submarines.

History: In 1861 when the South had declared independence and won the Battle of Bull Run, The North East(+plus NY and Pennsylvania) declared the Mid Atlantic Union to protect trade with the south. When the North had a got its military up and running the Union(USA) had made captured most of Pennsylvania. But the MAU(Mid Atlantic Union) had forced a devastating counter attack retaking what was lost and New Jersey and had begun making attacks into Ohio. After the South had surrendered the Union tied to break through but the MAU had begun to use some limited use of the Gatling Gun with devastating effect. After this the MAU made a breakthrough and took Ohio and parts of Michigan. After this the Union called sued for peace and the MAU took what they held by the end of the war. After the Confederation of Canada a brief war occurred between the MAU and Canada/UK in which the MAU make quick work of the forces in Canada but could not advance do to British forces arriving and the war fell into a stalemate due the MAU navy being strong enough to hold its coast but not strong enough to move any farther. And while relations were tense between the USA and the MAU the USA gave food surplus to the MAU. As such the UK not wanting the war to last much longer gave the land around the Great Lakes the MAU had captured.
high.

East Coast Reserved

Deltika wrote:Rise of Nations Application:
Current High Ranking Political Official(s): (President, vice president, chairman, dictator, senator, etc.)Prime Minister
History: The Netherlands has been a constitutional monarchy since 1815 and a parliamentary democracy since 1848. Previously, it was a republic from 1581 to 1806, and a kingdom between 1806 and 1810 (it was part of France between 1810 and 1813).

Population including colonies was only 7.3 million during this era. Please adjust.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
The Knight of Antaria

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:33 pm

New Gothica wrote:

Your population is to damn high mate and so is your military. Your territory cannot include any part of arabia either because Moorwhyne owns it. CIS is taking his sweet time to update the map with my links but that is all for now.

The Independent Hazerls wrote:Rise of Nations Application:

Alot of Italy is already Owned. If you'd like to take the scraps be my guest just informing you. Pop is to high for whats left of italy.

Westrealia wrote:Incase my tryout isn't accepted..

Population is too high

Dalamtia wrote:Rise of Nations Application:
Claims:(Image)

high.

East Coast Reserved

Deltika wrote:Rise of Nations Application:

Population including colonies was only 7.3 million during this era. Please adjust.

How can I see what is left in the world?

Gyrenaica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gyrenaica » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:40 pm

Confederation of imperial states wrote:
Togeria wrote:Does he get Bavaria and all that? Cause that's apart of Germany.

We split it in a sensible way.

I'll take southern, he takes north

Cassinopa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Application for joining

Postby Cassinopa » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:53 pm

RP Name: Kingdom of Bulgaria
Claims: Bulgaria 1914 borders
Population: 4 700 000 (estimated from Wikipedia article on Bulgaria stating that the pop in ww1 was just under 4 times 1.2 mil)
Current High Ranking Political Official(s): Tsar Aleksandr I, Bendric (Political Minister), Krasimir (Ecenomic & Military minister(not a general))
Military Population: 280 000 (from http://spartacus-educational.com/FWWarmies1914.htm )
History: Bulgaria recently declared independence from the USS of Grecco Turkey, and wishes to stay independent. it is a very militaristic state currently, and is sometimes referred to as "The Balkan Prussia"(woohoo cool Wikipedia facts)

Hopefully this is a bit better than my previous attempt :)
Last edited by Cassinopa on Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Westrealia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Westrealia » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Population: 1.4 million
Current High Ranking Political Official: Pri-minister Beaver Thompson
History: After the American purchase of Alaska, and the independence of amerika, they decided to create a British dominion out of their colony in Columbia. In 1876, the United Provinces of British Columbia were proclaimed. However, being threatened with a war by the great powers, Columbia was given full independence, but keeps their queen as head of state.

New Gothica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Gothica » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:02 pm

Cassinopa wrote:Rise of Nations Application:
RP Name: Kingdom of Bulgaria
Claims: Bulgaria 1914 borders
Population: 4 700 000 (estimated from Wikipedia article on Bulgaria stating that the pop in ww1 was just under 4 times 1.2 mil)
Current High Ranking Political Official(s): Tsar Aleksandr I, Bendric (Political Minister), Krasimir (Ecenomic & Military minister(not a general))
Military Population: 280 000 (from http://spartacus-educational.com/FWWarmies1914.htm )
History: Bulgaria recently declared independence from the USS of Grecco Turkey, and wishes to stay independent. it is a very militaristic state currently, and is sometimes referred to as "The Balkan Prussia"(woohoo cool Wikipedia facts)

Hopefully this is a bit better than my previous attempt :)

Westrealia wrote:RP Name: The United provinces of British Columbia
Population: 1.4 million
Current High Ranking Political Official: Pri-minister Beaver Thompson
History: After the American purchase of Alaska, and the independence of amerika, they decided to create a British dominion out of their colony in Columbia. In 1876, the United Provinces of British Columbia were proclaimed. However, being threatened with a war by the great powers, Columbia was given full independence, but keeps their queen as head of state.

Both Accepted
~Friedrich Nietzsche
The Knight of Antaria

New Gothica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Gothica » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:03 pm

The Independent Hazerls wrote:
New Gothica wrote:

Check the maps mate
~Friedrich Nietzsche
The Knight of Antaria

Dalamtia
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalamtia » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:06 pm

New Gothica wrote:
The Independent Hazerls wrote:

Check the maps mate

What isn't reserved
I once ate the Balkans for lunch. I'm still trying to get the Serbs away from the Kebabs I ate later

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates