NATION

PASSWORD

Yafran 2016 [IESP RP IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:18 pm

KwaDai wrote:Mark:
"It does sound good! Anything you're particularly looking forward to here in KwaDai? There's definitely a lot to see and do here", Tareq questioned him. "We shouldn't be waiting too much longer now anyway, more people are arriving".

Adia:
Omar nodded. "Very nice". "It's supposed to be really beautiful there. There was an advertisement for flights there on the screen at the information desk", he laughed.

Mark

"I'm not to sure really, I'm not the kind of person that expects a lot out of things so I'll just have to take the city in. Once I start getting a feel for the place then I might start try and see what I like." I said with a fairly indifferent tone to my voice.

Armeia wrote:
Insaeldor wrote:
Ása

Fucking christ Mark why did you wake me up? I thought as I slowly started waking up from my short nap to see another girl looking over at me. I hadn't caught her name since I had been napping. I looked over at her and threw at smile at her.

"Hey, and who might you be?" I asked her with a tinge of sleep still coming through in my voice

"I'm Jess Høljmark. Well, my full name is Jessica but everyone calls me Jess," says Jess, waving. "I'm from Armeia."

Ása

"Well hello Jess I'm Ása and it's nice to meet you." I said as I tried to remember the name Armeia although it didn't ring any bells so I continued on.

"You're from Armeia? That pretty cool I'm from Insaeldor."
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Armeia
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:53 pm

Insaeldor wrote:
KwaDai wrote:Mark:
"It does sound good! Anything you're particularly looking forward to here in KwaDai? There's definitely a lot to see and do here", Tareq questioned him. "We shouldn't be waiting too much longer now anyway, more people are arriving".

Adia:
Omar nodded. "Very nice". "It's supposed to be really beautiful there. There was an advertisement for flights there on the screen at the information desk", he laughed.

Mark

"I'm not to sure really, I'm not the kind of person that expects a lot out of things so I'll just have to take the city in. Once I start getting a feel for the place then I might start try and see what I like." I said with a fairly indifferent tone to my voice.

Armeia wrote:
"I'm Jess Høljmark. Well, my full name is Jessica but everyone calls me Jess," says Jess, waving. "I'm from Armeia."

Ása

"Well hello Jess I'm Ása and it's nice to meet you." I said as I tried to remember the name Armeia although it didn't ring any bells so I continued on.

Jess nods, but she hasn't heard much about this country Insaeldor. "Were you at the last IESP trip? The one when we were in Verona? It's kind of nice to be back in a country where the people aren't giants."
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013

Postby Kwadai » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:58 pm

Tareq:
"Oh well. I'm sure you'll like it here anyway. How are you with hot weather? I'm guessing it is not something Insaeldor is famed for", Tareq asked Mark as the sunlight reached further into the lounge bathing the group in a new ray of light. The lounge really was very tastefully decorated with a cream and dark blue colour theme. It was called the Oryx Lounge and was usually specifically for business class passengers for Imperial Arab Airways, KwaDai's flag carrier.
Last edited by Kwadai on Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:12 pm

Armeia wrote:
Insaeldor wrote:Mark

Ása

Jess nods, but she hasn't heard much about this country Insaeldor. "Were you at the last IESP trip? The one when we were in Verona? It's kind of nice to be back in a country where the people aren't giants."

Ása

"No this is my first year. I remember when the Verona trip happened though because one of my friends was on it." I told Jess as we sat in the lounge probably still waiting for the rest of the students to show up.

KwaDai wrote:Tareq:
"Oh well. I'm sure you'll like it here anyway. How are you with hot weather? I'm guessing it is not something Insaeldor is famed for", Tareq asked Mark as the sunlight reached further into the lounge bathing the group in a new ray of light. The lounge really was very tastefully decorated with a cream and dark blue colour theme. It was called the Oryx Lounge and was usually specifically for business class passengers for Imperial Arab Airways, KwaDai's flag carrier.

Mark

"I'm not a dessert flower by any means but I don't think I'm going to just get stroke coming out here." I said with a faint laugh. He was right in that Insaeldor wasn't exactly famed for it's hot wether and we're actually a pretty popular summer destination for people looking to avoid hot and humid summer weather. We were however well know for our cold winters my home town was actually well known for being one of the coldest capital cities in the world give or take a few years.
Last edited by Insaeldor on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Tareq:
"Because we're experiencing a humid heatwave. It's 49°c out there and quite humid. Plus we had a sandstorm a few days ago. So it's quite dusty outside as well. Fortunately, Yafran has a very efficient cleaning crew who keep everything clean, neat and tidy. But don't worry everywhere is air conditioned so the heat won't be much of a problem and there aren't any sandstorms expected any time soon", Tareq assured him.
"One of the coldest capitals in the world? Wow. Is skiing or other winter sports popular then?", Tareq questioned Mark glancing around briefly to see if there was anyone new arriving.
Last edited by Kwadai on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007

Postby Holy Marsh » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:01 pm

Reijas Sarsi

Reijas' curiosity was left unsated, the question he had asked being unanswered. No matter. Perhaps they were ashamed of the presence of a shopping center and only said that they would pass by it so as not to alarm passengers en route to the school. Sounded like an unusual thing to be afraid of. It just wounded like a commerce center that the Church would run where you could use credits to purchase items you didn't need so you could work it off during the next round of tithing. Oh well. To each country their own stockpile of secret shames. What was honestly more important was the beautiful but winded woman who came along with them. She had the classic condition known in the Theocracy as Burning Sails. In Holy Marsh this was commonly someone who lived in the high, high mountains and existed in a state of perpetual snowfall coming down into the sweltering heat of the Pushanian jungle. Took a few weeks fo most to acclimate to the weather and this poor woman wasn't going to get it any easier. "Sparek elsiran tchalla-sein for," Reijas said as he noticed the women, a not so silent prayer for good health as he listened to the talk of this nation and Insaeldor. He knew of Insaeldor, but the talk of Armeia and KwaDai interested him.

"Denmark, you say? North Sea? What rehgion is that?" Reijas asked in an iquisitve tone, trying to piece it together.
"Ahh, 49 celsius. Reminds me of home, though sandstorms should be an exciting sight to see. The worst we have in that regard are the bio-storms in Mushania. How big do the sandstorms here get?"

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:09 am

"You should be glad there aren't any sandstorms expected", Sari told Reijas. "They are basically a type of wind the builds up in the desert and scoops a whole load of sand up into the air. The cloud of dust then engulfs everywhere you wouldn't be able to go outside becuase it would be too dark and windy. The dust cloud can be very big up to a kilometre in height sometimes. Once it's over a lot of sand gets deposited on the streets and on buildings. It's a menace to clean up after especially because there are a lot of glass skyscrapers in Central Yafran and unfortunately for people living on them, balconies collect a fair bit of sand.
It's not too bad though we don't get sandstorms very often and most of the sand has been cleaned up already, it was on Wednesday so the cleaning crews have done the job.", she said, answering Reijas' question.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Sumaltheria
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sumaltheria » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:28 am

Tamara fanned herself with the magazine she was holding, trying to ignore the picture of herself on the cover. She hated that picture. It made her thighs look fat. Sighing, the girl stepped out of the plane, flinching a little at the heat. So they hadn't lied about how hot it was. Tamara was used to some heat, but the contrast between this and air conditioned jet wasn't comfortable. Thankfully, she quickly became used to it.

Felix followed behind her, talking to someone on the phone. "No, I will not accept your offer..... Yes.... Listen, I have training then... Goodbye." He slid it into his pocket, joining his sister's side. The two cast a look around, before heading towards security.

After a gruelling process of VISA checks, the twins passed through. Both were cranky and tired, although Felix did a lot better job of hiding it. "My makeup is all messed up! And my hair!" Tamara growled at anyone who would listen, not realising that they didn't understand Sumaltherian. She adjusted her skirt and brushed imaginary dust of her crop top, before putting on a large hat and shades. "There, no one will recognise me. Or see me. I look horrible!"

Felix sighed, grabbing her arm. "Let's find someone else. I don't want to be left alone in the airport in a foreign country."
[url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?
f=4&t=312626]Proud Member
of
The Grand
Alliance
of
Free Nations
[/url]

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:07 am

Moon Ji An

Applause as the flight lands"Ladies and gentleman welcome to Yafran International Airport, local time 12:10. Current weather is sunny with a temperature of 49* Celsius. The Plane ride was so long that it took 25 hours to reach Yafran as it wouldn't fly nonstop. Ji An was happy she scrapped some extra money together so she can fly Prestige (Business) class. Ji An stepped of the plane while wearing a simple beige top with a black jeans and flats. As she was getting off the plane she ran into the other person sent to Yafran, Amano Keitaro The two had some small talk discussing there trip and what part of Flardania did they come from. By the time they were done chatting, they had their bags and made their way to the lounge to met the other students....
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:33 am

Omar looked up at the new arrivals as they filed into the lounge. "Welcome to Yafran", he greeted them smiling before looking up to the screen showing the time above them.
"Ok, so everyone it's 12:32 and we have to be out here at the very latest of 14:00. Now we would rather leave quite soon because well waiting here is boring and I'm sure you all want to get to your dorms and get organised so you can see some of Yafran this evening. We still have a few students to arrive and because of that we're going to stay for another few minutes and if they don't get here then the school will collect them when they do arrive. Sound good?", Emily moved on to informing the group.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:11 am

Holy Marsh wrote:Reijas Sarsi

Reijas' curiosity was left unsated, the question he had asked being unanswered. No matter. Perhaps they were ashamed of the presence of a shopping center and only said that they would pass by it so as not to alarm passengers en route to the school. Sounded like an unusual thing to be afraid of. It just wounded like a commerce center that the Church would run where you could use credits to purchase items you didn't need so you could work it off during the next round of tithing. Oh well. To each country their own stockpile of secret shames. What was honestly more important was the beautiful but winded woman who came along with them. She had the classic condition known in the Theocracy as Burning Sails. In Holy Marsh this was commonly someone who lived in the high, high mountains and existed in a state of perpetual snowfall coming down into the sweltering heat of the Pushanian jungle. Took a few weeks fo most to acclimate to the weather and this poor woman wasn't going to get it any easier. "Sparek elsiran tchalla-sein for," Reijas said as he noticed the women, a not so silent prayer for good health as he listened to the talk of this nation and Insaeldor. He knew of Insaeldor, but the talk of Armeia and KwaDai interested him.

"Denmark, you say? North Sea? What rehgion is that?" Reijas asked in an iquisitve tone, trying to piece it together.
"Ahh, 49 celsius. Reminds me of home, though sandstorms should be an exciting sight to see. The worst we have in that regard are the bio-storms in Mushania. How big do the sandstorms here get?"

"Scandinavia," said Jess. "Armeia used to be a Danish colony but we got our independence after World War Two. It's way, way colder than here, our summers rarely get half as hot as it is now."
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007

Postby Holy Marsh » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:21 am

Reijas Sarsi

Ahh, World War Two. A funny name for a war that didn't engulf the world! Not a single nation in Greater Dienstad was involved and a shot hadn't been fired in Gholgoth, Nocturnalya, or Nova. It didn't make Reijas question for long though. People had such odd names for wars sometimes. It clashed with the Marshite ideology ideal of naming their wars in a very literal sense. The two thousand year long total war was called The Long War. Invading a nation due to them breaking Marshite Religious Law? Their nation name followed or preceded by Crusade. The Schantrac Crusade. The Crusade into Natrona County. No need for a dramatic name, but such was life. He had read about World War Two briefly and even though it hadn't impacted most nations, it was good to hear some good come out of it.

“Well, I am pleased to hear that your nation gained something out of it. Few things are worse than gainless wars,” Reijas responded with a nod. The Theocracy always gained from them, even if it took two thousand years to win. The thought of not gaining something from them was anathema.

It was getting close to time to go, at least if he wanted to accomplish what he wanted to before he rested for the night. Seeing Yafran was on the agenda but it was a decidedly less important than getting set up in the dorms and finding the best places for him to accomplish his religious rituals. Then he needed to see the school and decide what methods were best to accomplish his academic goals vis a vi time. The cultural aspects of the city he was in were of course interesting and vital but they took a backseat to the direct cause of his participation in the program. The best method for accomplishing his goals, getting to know his soon to be dorm mates, and even seeing a bit Yafran was to leave sooner rather than later. Reijas couldn't deny what the ideal choice was to get ready to go. He picked up his two suitcases and nodded towards the guides.

“If you think it wise for us to leave now, I'd agree. Best we get on with this, yes?”

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:25 pm

Yafran International Airport 13:20

After waiting for a while more Tareq, Sari and Emily and Omar stood up noticing the time on the screen above their heads. "Ok, everyone the bus is waiting for us outside now and seeing as now one is expected to arrive for another few hours and well we can't wait that long so if you could all follow us please", Sari announced and began walking with the other three KwaDaians out into the main part of the terminal three.

Assuming the new students were following the guides ascended up into the main entrance foyer of the terminal to where a fountain made entirely from crystal stood. Tareq turned around as they were walking closer to the exit. "Now remember it is 49°c outside but we'll be on the bus soon so don't worry too much about the heat". The group proceeded to exit through the sliding doors, immediately being enveloped the hot air.
Following a five minute walk into an underground carpark a large shiny white bus seemed to appear out of nowhere and pulled up in the nearest available space. "This is our bus now. All luggage in the compartments please", Omar exclaimed as the driver of the bus allowed the compartment to slide open.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:10 pm

Mark

Holy Shit it's hot I exclaimed in my head as we walked out of the airport. The heat was powerful although it was fairly dry so I could handle it as comoared to a wet swampy heat. Although this time of year was fairly warm in Insaeldor but it be about 25°C as compared to 49°C in here. Luckily the clothing I had worn were fairly thin and well vented. I walked out and still felt as if I was going to melt onto the pavement. I took my time in the walk staying behind the four locals we had met until we made it to the bus. I felt a cool vail of relief once I entered the air conditioned bus, I sat my things under my seat and in the appropriate luggage containers and sat down waiting for us to head off to the school.

Ása

Jesus Christ how do people even live here? I though almost saying it out loud the heat was so strong. I looked around at the people walking about and was shocked at how they could walk around it cloths longer than my formal dresses. I ignored it however and continued on my way following Mark on our way to the bus hoping I wouldn't die on the way there. Luckily for me it was to far of a walk and I mad it into the air conditioned heaven that was the bus. Putting my stuff down I took a seat and waited for us to make it to the school hoping it be everything the program said it would. I took one last look outside the bus window to take a look at all the locals. How do these people wear those cloths? I'm surprised they don't walk around in bathing suits all day
Last edited by Insaeldor on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:14 am

DMITRA, VLADIMIR & YARA

The trio were almost dead from the heat. Whilst waiting with the other students, Dmitra has gone through 16 bottles of water, whilst Vladimir & Yara both went through 12. Even if the airport had A/C, it did not feel like it to the Northern Veronan's. They had flown in from Scresan, as Yaktursk had no direct international destinations to anywhere, although flights to Tokoto in Takatashi were due to start in 2017.

It had been quite a stressful day for them - First, they had to fly from Yaktursk down to the national capital, Scresan, where it handled 128 million in 2015 (A big jump from the previous year's 87 million) on the early morning flight, and then they had to find the Blume (State-owned electronics company in URV) shop in Terminal 6, and eventually they each bought a Blume Y70, as their own smartphones would not have worked in KwaDai - No partner networks, and Veronan phones used circular SIM cards, so you would not have been able to get a new SIM, but the Y70 was purposely made as a budget smartphone for people travelling outside of the URV, UOI, Takatashi or the Bastalvan continent, as each of the nations listed (And all the nations on Bastalva) used the circular SIM - and then had to wait half an hour in line to get a KwaDai network SIM card. Finally, they got to the machines and found a network to become part of and then a very blank looking white SIM was handed over, and they inserted it.

They were very tired. They also knew it was going to be very hot compared to Yaktursk's record high - 22 C degrees - and so they dressed the part. Dmitra wore a very simple sleeveless white blouse with the top 2 buttons undone, and a black pencil skirt accompanied with a pair of black high heels, which boosted her into 8 foot. Obviously the KwaDaians would be gawking at the Veronan's height. Yara wore a white strapless dress that dropped down to just above her knees, and wore a pair of white high heels, also boosting her into 8 foot. Finally, Vladimir wore a very plain white t-shirt and a thin pair of white trousers, and wore some white sneakers to go along.

I think I'm going to die, Dmitra thought to herself, downing another bottle of water in one go. She glanced over at the other students. She guessed that they were somehow adapting alright, however the Veronan's were clearly melting away, Maybe the Centro-Southern Veronans can handle this, but this is way to hot!.

Yara was ready to murder someone. The heat was really stressing her out, and when Yara was stressed, she was not to be messed with. The huge time change, the heat, everything was stressing her out, although she would adapt soon enough. But then she heard the KwaDaians. ''Fo-Fo-Forty nine degrees?'' she gasped, before collapsing to the ground.

Dmitra screamed as she looked at her best friend collapse, even dropping her new bottle of water. But then Dmitra noticed something else. Vladimir, who was further back, had also collapsed in the heat, however he was conscious unlike Yara, who was full on knocked out. ''HELP US! SOMEONE, HELP US!'' she screamed out, much louder the necessary.
Last edited by United Regions of Verona on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I iz a proud and sexi member of d Exchange of Sad Annoying Pathetic Students
My TG box is lonely, why not send me a TG?
Kourtney is the best Kardashian!
''The only sane people on this planet is me, Alfy, Hake & Theo James,'' - Myself
#yafran

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:29 am

Omar whipped his head around and ran over to the Veronans bringing Emily with him. "Tareq and Sari get everyone else on the bus we'll get some more doctors over here!", he yelled quickly in Arabic. Emily quickly bent down next to the collapsed duo lying on the tarmac. Omar meanwhile and sprinted over to a small glass screen on the wall of the underground carpark he speedily typed a few numbers on the screen. The airport had lots of screens located around the building which replaced public telephones. "Hello? Hello there?", he said to the screen loudly. "We need a medical team in....carpark 3c11 immediatly, two students have collapsed", he informed the information desk at the airport.

In a very short amount of time a group of four doctors arrived into the carpark on what looked a little like a golf cart. The doctors jumped off and ran over to Yara and Vladimir. "What happened to them? Was it the heat or had they eaten something?", the doctor asked who according to the name tag on his shirt was called Abdulaziz.
Last edited by Kwadai on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:43 am

DMITRA

Dmitra, towering over all, looked down at the doctor. ''I-I-It's the heat. The usual summer heat we get where we come from is around fifteen degrees, not fifty! In winter, we get minus ten usually, not plus twenty. We're not used to this heat!'' she spluttered out in a single breath, before going a little pale, despite the heat.

''Carina?'' she said, before falling to the ground. Carina was Northern Veronan for Mother.

Vladimir, still conscious but basically unable to move, cried out in pain as Dmitra landed full force on his crotch. She too was conscious, however Yara remained unconscious. ''Heat... It's the heat... Heat... Heat... Dmitra muttered, before repeating Carina and Yarosk (Northern Veronan for Hot) over and over again.
Last edited by United Regions of Verona on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
''The only sane people on this planet is me, Alfy, Hake & Theo James,'' - Myself
#yafran

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:52 am

"Ok we're going to bring you back inside the airport to the medical assessment room and release you when you are in a stable enough condition alright?", the doctor informed them. "Are you able to stand to get onto the escort vehicle?", he asked the Veronans indicating to the golf cart like vehicle thy had arrived in.

Omar glanced at Emily who were standing a little back from the doctors. They exchanged looks of concern before Emily spoke. "We can tell the bus to leave with everyone else and then we can wait here at the airport to bring the Veronans back?", she suggested assuming the new students were Veronans because of their height. "Good idea, I'll go tell the bus driver he can leave", Omar agreed jogging back to the bus.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:04 am

DMITRA, VLADIMIR & YARA

Dmitra managed to get up, however she had her knees bent. She stumbled around, dizzy. She managed to get into the tiny cart, albeit hitting her head off something in the meantime.

Vladimir went unconscious, so obviously he could not be able to stand whilst unconscious. Yara was still unconscious. Dmitra pulled herself together, and began to speak, ''We come from the United Regions of Verona, in the north, so we're called Northern Veronans. It's very cold up there. We are far from used to this weather, and it's obvious when your cities record high temperature was twenty-two degrees. Central and Southern Veronans would be used to this type of weather, but not us Northern Veronans,''
#yafran

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:18 am

Mark & Ása*

"Whoa! Ása you see that?"

"No, what's wrong?"

"Just come here and check it out."

"Holy hell! When did the circus get in town?"

"What do you mean?"

"That chick has to be like three meters tall! Fucking giant."

"I don't think you can say that."

"What? Giant?"

"Yeah."

"Don't be stupid Mark I don't think calling them a giant is going to hurt their feelings."

"But it's like calling a little person a midget."

"And what so wrong with Midget?"

"Well it's like the N-word for little people right?"

"Are you saying Midget is as bad as the N-word?"

"Well yeah."

"No it's not!"

"And how would know?"

"Because we're saying Midget and were not even saying what the N-word is Mark. If you're trying to compare to bad words the one you won't even say is probably the worst of the two."

"Ugh fine whatever you say. Anyway do you think they're okay?"

"I'm sure, maybe she got light headed in account it's probably hard to pump blood to her head."

"Oh you think you're so fucking funny!"

"Kinda."

"How would it feel if someone made fun of your flat chest?"

"Hashtag DFC nation boy. Thanks for noticing by the way."

"God you're fucking insufferable."

"I try my hardest."

"But seriously, do you think they're alright Ása?"

"Yeah I'm sure they'll be fine. Not like we flew into a third world nation that can't handle a little heatstroke. With all the dresses these people wear I wouldn't be surprised if it's a common thing here."

"I don't think those are called dresses Ása."

"I don't think I give a shit Mark."

"You've got a foul mouth you know that."

"Worse things have come out I'm sure"

"I'm sure even worse have gone in too."

"Are you slut shaming me? Back off Mark you're triggering me with all you Cisgender, white privileged patriarchal oppression."

"But you're white too Ása..."

"That's the joke..."

"God damnit why are jack ass?"

"I don't know but they took the two in and I think we're about to head out."

"Alright, I guess I'll talk to you after the trip."
Last edited by Insaeldor on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:45 am

Omar and Emily: The airport
"I guessed Verona...", the doctor remarked. "Will you be able to help me get your friend here into the cart please?", the doctor requested nodding as Dmitra got on the vehicle.
"It usually isn't this hot and it's supposed to drop down to about 40°c to 42°c for the rest of the week so that should help, once we get you three sorted out in the medical room you can join everyone else back in the school", Emily added reassuringly. Omar returned from the bus to rejoin Emily, the doctors and the Veronans.

Tareq and Sari: The bus
"Everyone. Three more students have arrived but they will join us at the school later today. Omar and Emily will wait behind to escort them. In the mean time we're going to leave for the school now. It's about a twenty five minute journey and you will get to see some of Yafran anyway. Feel free to organise yourselves in relations to dorms as well", Tareq announced.
A few seconds later the well air conditioned bus departed the underground parking lot and emerged into the bright sunshine. After a few turns out of the airport it joined the main highway in Yafran, Sheikh Ahmed Road (K16). Traffic rushed by on the wide motorway as it left the desert and cut through what seemed like date palm plantations. Shortly the highway arrived alongside the district of the city known as East Yafran. East Yafran was made up of beautiful residential streets with Arabic and Mediterranean styled houses flanked by palm trees and divided with shimmering canals where people could be seen walking along the pathways. "This is East Yafran the cities' primary residential area", Sari informed everyone on board.
East Yafran appeared to disappear as the highway changed course turning abruptly southwest to an intersection. By now the bus exited the highway onto a different road. This road was surrounded on all sides by enormous glass building that stretched for over 300 metres into the azure sky. "We haven't got very long to go now, we're in Central Yafran which is the city center area it's built on lots of islands connected by bridges. See that building there", Tareq exclaimed pointing to a skyscraper to their left. "That's Burj Kawdaiy the tallest building in KwaDai it's 1102 metres tall", he explained.

Imagine Central Yafran as something like the image linked above but with much more skyscrapers
Last edited by Kwadai on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:09 am

Jess had nearly gotten sick again from heat when she stepped outside but the air conditioning onboard the bus felt good. The scenery was... Different than what she was used to, and she took some pictures on her phone. There was a middle eastern vibe coming from the architecture, different than the mostly Scandinavian style of Armeia. She couldn't wait for them to get to where they would be staying, so she could check out the dorms. Let's hope I don't make a fool out of myself this time, she thought, remembering the train incident from last time.

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:22 am

DMITRA, VLADIMIR & YARA

''Forty to forty-two? I'LL DIE!'' cried out Dmitra upon hearing that it would drop to ''only'' forty to forty-two degrees. She, reluctantly, jumped down from the cart to help get Vladimir and Yara onto the tiny cart.

Yara awoke, and looked around her. ''I'm still here!?!'' she cried out in Northern Veronan, before calming. She got up, unevenly, and seemed to have put herself back together. She took out a bottle of Factor 50 sun cream, and re-applied it to her exposed areas.

Dmitra, looking at her rather calm friend, seemed to be a little calmer, and took the sun cream and also covered herself with it. Dmitra looked at the KwaDaians, and said, ''Sorry about that. We're far from being used to this heat, but we'll manage,''

Vladimir remained unable to move, clearly worst affected by the sun.
#yafran

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:50 am

Omar and Emily: The airport
"That's alright I understand the temperature difference is quite severe . There's always a cooling breeze here too though because we're on the sea. All of the city centre is built on islands and so is the school so you won't ever be too far from water", Emily pointed out. "We'll wait in airport foyer until you guys are done in the medical room anyway. The bus has left so we can get a taxi back to Jazeera al Hamra after", Omar added waving them off as the medical cart left for the terminal once more.

Do you want to skip until after the assessment in the medical room? If yes then just RP your characters heading out of the doctors' office to meet Omar and Emily.

Tareq and Sari: The bus approaching the school
The bus crossed Al Khor bridge into a new part of the city Al Jazeera al Hamra. From here the school was only five minutes away. The skyscrapers of Central Yafran could still be seen in the distance behind them. "We're here everyone!", Tareq exclaimed loudly standing up off his seat as the bus entered the school campus through the arched gateway.
"Don't forget about your luggage!", Sari reminded the group before walking off the bus. As Tareq was about to follow her he turned. "I assume you have all chosen your roommates? We will show you where you will be staying so make sure to organise yourselves and remember the gender system".
Last edited by Kwadai on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:29 am

DMITRA, VLADIMIR & YARA

The trio exited the doctors office, with Vladimir able to move again and all very, and very strangely, calm despite the heat. They strolled over to Omar and Emily.

''All done. Vlad somehow regained control of himself, obviously the shade. I think we should go to the school?'' said Yara, the first to reach the KwaDaian duo.
#yafran

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates