NATION

PASSWORD

Yafran 2016 [IESP RP IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kwadai » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:18 pm

Sari
"Ok. So we might have to share with two others depending how things go", Sari added.

Omar
Omar looked around the group to see who he could share his dorm with seeing as he was currently without one. A result of making sure everyone else was sorted out first. Nearly everyone was in conversation so he walked to first person who wasn't. "Hi. It's Vladimir isn't it?", he greeted one of the Veronans who had collapsed earlier that day in the airport from the heat and tried to remember the boy's name.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Armeia
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:23 pm

Anja shrugged. "I'm fine with whatever. Do you have any MMA gyms or promotions in KwaDai? My coach back home told me I have to keep my fitness levels high even though I'm away."
Edit: autocorrect fail
Last edited by Armeia on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Yafran International Airport (Attn: Vakolicci)
As Martin arrived at the information desk the woman sitting there began to wonder how many more were going to arrive. "You have to go to the main entrance of this terminal and take a taxi to the school. You won't have to pay for the taxi once they know you are with IESP the school has covered those costs", she instructed the student.

Sari
Sari paused to think for a moment. "Well we have some martial arts instructors in the school but that's mainly for Kung Fu and Karate but you can always ask them. If not then in West Yafran there is a Sport Village with stadiums and training facilities for nearly every sport. In KwaDaian cities we group things together depending what they are so you will definetly find what you need there if there isn't any in the school", she explained.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:18 pm

"Cool," said Anja. "I'll check out West Yafran later."

She got tense thinking of her next question and she glanced around to make sure nobody was listening to them. "Hey, you know, since this country has a lot of Arabs... Do they persecute bi people here? Just asking so I don't get in trouble."
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014

Postby Insaeldor » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:48 pm

Mark

I wasn't paying much attention to my surrounding after I finished my conversation with Reijas who seemed nice enough and probably would make a pretty good roommate at that. I looked back over and saw Ása kind of just standing there, she didn't seem mopey just uninterested like she always does. She's a hard worker though which almost seems like a contradiction given her fuck all approach to social life. But I was brought out of my daze wondering what was under her head when a young woman introduced herself as Zoey.

"Oh hey their Zoey, great to meet you." I said in a general tone and then turned to Reijas to answer his question.

"Yeah I'd love to room with you guy." I said asking myself why such an attractive girl like Reijas would be so forth coming in asking me to room with her. Maybe it was different in her culture but I'd normally be doing all the questioning and asking.

Ása

I just stood... Uninterested in what the people around me really had to say about anything. It all seemed so trivial to get it all set in right now is honestly just pick a bed at random and choose rooms that way. But I guess everyone had to get it out of the way and I would have to do so to in order to get a rooming arrangement done up. I looked around at anyone and everyone and saw Sari talking to another girl. It was better than nothing so I shoot for it and walked over to them putting on a nice smile to boot.

"Hello, Sari right? I'm Ása just wondering since everyone is getting their rooms set up that you might have some extra beds so I can room with you if that alright." I then turned to the other woman someone who looked far more european in her appearance and I introduced myself according.

"Hello there, I'm Ása it's nice to meet you."
Last edited by Insaeldor on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:11 am

"A taxi," Martin responded. Obviously, the school had not been organised enough to arrange transport; the students had to use private taxi vehicles. Walking briskly, and paying no mind to the other student, he approached a row of these rather conspicuously parked taxis, jumped into an unoccupied one and told the man the address he had been given.
"I'm with the International Exchange," he explained, which if the lady who was manning (or ladying, as the politically correct term may well be) the terminal was to be believed, were the magic words to forgo cost. "Oh, and could you put the air conditioning up full please?" he added...which, if his sweating body was to be believed, were the magic words to forgo heat exhaustion.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007

Postby Holy Marsh » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:29 am

Reijas Sarsi

So, it was all working out as well as Reijas could have reasonably expected. No one had bothered to disagree or try to come up with an alternate arrangement, so they were now to be arranged in the fours. Zoey was a well known commodity, kind and generous and cute in her own methods of being. Emily seemed a fine sort, a good guide for a trio of students new to the world she knew. Mark was well-spoken and handsome, and together Reijas believed they formed a cohesive, mindful unit not so prone to bouts of abject ignorance. Of course there was the question of how to arrange it all. Knowing the extravagance of this facility they all likely had their own rooms. That seemed like far too much space. Maybe the others could use up some of his space if that was the case, make him feel less uncomfortable. In any case, they still had to decide what facility to use exactly.

“I like the sound of the Daar...Ali..Maysaf- Dar Al Maysaf, myself,” Reijas said, trying to conquer the exact pronunciation. He couldn't speak the language well, but names and locations he committed not only to memory, but to action. He could swiftly not only say the name of someplace or say a name in a native manner but he could do so swiftly, the slight Arabic prestige dialect inherent in the names being richly presented. “All of this runs the risk of becoming less splendid and more extortionate the more we investigate! We should all settle now. What do you think, Emily?” Reijas asked, examining his fellows. Yes, this was going to be wonderful.
Last edited by Holy Marsh on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:08 am

Taxi
"Another student? Did you miss the bus as well? Ok then it is a twenty five minute journey", the driver said pulling out from the airport turning air conditioning to full and followed the exact route the previous taxis had. Skimming the date palm farms and East Yafran along the highway through the skyscrapers of Central Yafran and onto Al Jazeera al Hamra island to Al Sufouh Street on which the school was located. The taxi pulled up into the courtyard through the arched gates of the former Arabic fort and halted just outside the main entrance.

Sari
"All LGBT orientations are completely accepted here..and quite common, you won't have any need to worry at all. Oh and in KwaDai close male friends are usually quite affectionate with other...so just warning you..and the same is often true for female friends", Sari explained.
"Oh hi Ása", she greeted the girl who had just walked over to here, she remembered her as being one of the first to arrive in KwaDai. "Yes of course you can share with me and Anja here who is sharing also", she answered Ása.

Emily (Attn: Rhodevus, Holy Marsh, Insaeldor)
"Brilliant, so I'll show you guys to our room now. It's this way!", Emily replied walking over to the elevator, the elevator was easier considering the others' luggage. Once they arrived onto the second floor of the villa Emily stopped for a moment to hand the three other students a key card each. "To get into the dorm on your own just scan the bar code on the card", she explained demonstrating on their door. The door (which was without any handles) slid open revealing the dorm within.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:37 am

Having dosed off in the air-conditioned cab, Martin stretched and exited it. The school looked decent enough, he decided, it did at least fit in with the lavish nature of KwaDaian architecture. The only differences from back home was that everything seemed to be so...ordered. The thought of it needled at him: if the airport staff in Iros had attempted to look through peoples luggage like these KwaDaian airport staff had done, they would have had a good few acts of shooting in the past.

His brisk walk took him to the entrence of the school and to another reception desk, however he had little time to ask when he almost ran into a motley and diverse group of students, some of whom clearly did not fit in with the general ethnic makeup of this strange nation.

"Sorry," he said rather flustered, walking a few paces from the girl he'd nearly ran over. "I'm Martin Rultin...I'm from the Greater Vakolicci Haven. I'm hear for the exchange program...I take it that I've found it?"
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:31 am

Sari
Without warning in the midst of her conversation with Anja and Ása someone somehow managed to hurtle into her. "Hey! Watch it!", Sari said loudly before calming down and greeting the new boy. "Hello there. Yes this is the Imperial School of Yafran. You're not too late only one group has headed off to their dorms. I'm Sari".
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:35 am

Martin extended his hand and moved his bag further up on his shoulder.
"Sorry about that," he said. "I wasn't looking where I was going. Are you from here?"

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:41 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Martin extended his hand and moved his bag further up on his shoulder.
"Sorry about that," he said. "I wasn't looking where I was going. Are you from here?"

Sari
"Yes. I'm KwaDaian", she replied shaking his hand. Something she wouldn't normally do as it was not considered a sufficient greeting in KwaDai but she did so to avoid appearing rude.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:54 am

"What's with all the...security in this place," Martin said, shaking the girl's hand firmly. "If officials tried some of that back home, someone would have used their legal guns to teach them a lesson. Doesn't your government trust you?"

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:01 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:"What's with all the...security in this place," Martin said, shaking the girl's hand firmly. "If officials tried some of that back home, someone would have used their legal guns to teach them a lesson. Doesn't your government trust you?"

Sari
"Of course they trust us", she replied "They just don't want crime, the wrong sort of people or anything that could threaten or disrespect the Islamic culture and our people", Sari explained. "And it's been successful there is very little crime here and never any major criminal activity".
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:03 am

"We see a high crime rate as a necisary evil," Martin explained. "I don't trust the government...neither does anyone else in the Haven really. So if it's a high crime rate or a load of government interference, we pick the crime rate option. Besides...is it a crime to disrespect your religion?"

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:06 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:"We see a high crime rate as a necisary evil," Martin explained. "I don't trust the government...neither does anyone else in the Haven really. So if it's a high crime rate or a load of government interference, we pick the crime rate option. Besides...is it a crime to disrespect your religion?"

Sari
"Yes it is. Just because Islam doesn't influence all our laws doesn't mean anyone has the right to hate and disrespect it", she replied. "We trust the government because they do what they say they will do. They don't waste money instead they put it to good causes".
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:10 am

"That's...different," Martin said uncomfortably. "So people could be imprisoned for, say...making a film depicting Mohammed as a drunken arms dealer? Not that I would do that, but such a film does exist."

South New Caledonia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby South New Caledonia » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:34 am

She was listening carefully and with interest to what Dmitra was saying, except that one time when she had to check the time on her phone.
Asina Glanced at the sky completly absorbed by her thoughts for a couple of seconds "My school is the most famous international private school in the United Cantons, it is an international school which prepares students to study abroad. Besides that, we have amazing subjects that are not common aborad such as Geopolitics or Design. Your grades are not as important in South New Caledonia as they are in other countries, national science competitions are defenietly the most important. Once you're a national champion in something you're pretty much set for life as the whole system is geared towards specializing students and spotting the most talented ones." She stopped for a second to think and continued "I'm not very keen on any school subjects except Design, but I chose to specialize in Chemistry and Geopolitics as it is always good to have at least three favourit subjects. South New Caledonia also has one of the shortest lessons and smallest classes in the world, there are usually 6 to 14 people in one class and lessons are required by law to end before 13:00. The education system focuses on making students work on their own at home.".

After taking a long breath she admitted "Well, that was a really long monologue. So, how is it in your school Dmitra?"
△♦♦Zujedonokuzōn Kyantonī♦♦▽
Proud member of the International Exchange Student Program!

♫▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬­­­▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­­­­­­▬▬▬♫
I suppport authoritarianism and spectacular economic growth, do you?
♫▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬­­­▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­­­­­­▬▬▬♫

"Let us farm when it is clear and let us study when it rains." - Park Chung Hee
--
"Not everybody is created equal, and it's important for companies to identify those high potentials and treat them differently, accelerate their development and pay them more. That process is so incredibly important to developing first-class leadership in a company." - Anne M. Mulcahy
--
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:20 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:"That's...different," Martin said uncomfortably. "So people could be imprisoned for, say...making a film depicting Mohammed as a drunken arms dealer? Not that I would do that, but such a film does exist."

Sari
A look of shock and disgust appeared on Sari's face. "Someone would never get out of prison again if they made something like that. They would probably be flogged and have all wealth and belongings confiscated and then they would be sent to prison", she said quietly obviously shaken at his comment that someone could make such a thing.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:31 am

"But that's tyrannical!" Martin exclaimed, a similarly disgusted look appearing on his face. "Why would you punish someone for disrespecting a religion they don't believe in? Everything deserves to be criticised."

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:36 am

KwaDai wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:"That's...different," Martin said uncomfortably. "So people could be imprisoned for, say...making a film depicting Mohammed as a drunken arms dealer? Not that I would do that, but such a film does exist."

Sari
A look of shock and disgust appeared on Sari's face. "Someone would never get out of prison again if they made something like that. They would probably be flogged and have all wealth and belongings confiscated and then they would be sent to prison", she said quietly obviously shaken at his comment that someone could make such a thing.

Jess

Jess rolled her eyes after overhearing that, being an atheist. That kind of thing is why we laugh at Arab countries back home, she thought.

Anja

Anja decided to look for her dorm and unpack her bag, which didn't actually have much other than a few changes of clothes and a worn pair of MMA gloves. The West was the poorest part of Armeia, a country that was mostly wealthy, and she'd spent most of the money she had earned fighting in the AFC on her parents, helping them move into a better neighborhood. Sometimes I wish I could be from the South, she thought, finding the right room and walking in. I wish I could have everything Jess has. Or live like the wealthy do here in Yafran. A sad look came over her face as she realized that fighting was the one thing she was good at, and that it would decide if she moved up from the lower class or not. I have no other trades, everyone back home knows me for fighting...

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:44 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:"But that's tyrannical!" Martin exclaimed, a similarly disgusted look appearing on his face. "Why would you punish someone for disrespecting a religion they don't believe in? Everything deserves to be criticised."

Sari
"Because why should someone have any reason to disrespect any religion? If it's not their religion then they have no reason to bash it", Sari answered. "17% of the people in KwaDai are atheist or don't have any religion. They never insult Islam. Ever. They are always respectful. Emily is atheist she never says anything bad", Sari sighed. "I don't think this is a good way to start your time here to be honest", she added. "We're choosing dorms at the minute".
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:47 am

"Well more than 70 % of people in the Haven are Panthist," Martin explained. "And that religion still gets banned. All religions deserve the same protection, which is none at all. Although, Islam is pretty rare in the Haven, after all. Where are the dorms anyway?"

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:48 am

DMITRA

Dmitra thought about her answer. ''I go to Yaktursk South State School, but it'a actually in central Yaktursk. The district is called Yaktursk South, and so that's where the school name stems from. It's pretty big, about two thousand in the secondary part and two thousand five hundred in the primary school party. It's super modern and new, since it's a merger of the secondary and primary schools in the Yaktursk South District. But yeah, it's really good,'' Dmitra replied, ''Just in case you didn't know, a state school in Verona is where there is both primary and secondary level education housed in the one school. Primary school is for ages four through twelve or thirteen, whilst secondary education is for ages twelve or thirteen through seventeen or eighteen. For my primary education, I attended Ursk State Primary School, which is about two hundred students. My town is too small for a secondary, so I get the train every morning to go to Yaktursk. When a school is only primary or secondary and it has it's name after State, so a secondary would be State Secondary School. Private schools are rare in Verona and private schools are banned in many regions already, including Kurakay, my region. What are the politics like in New South Caledonia?''

YARA

Yara smiled and nodded. ''I feel that pressure. My parents work at the Ursk Medical Research Centre... It serves as our towns medical clinic too, it's just outside the town. My parents are doctors there, and they also sometimes work in the research wing. Everyone expects and wants me to be just like them. But I've always wanted to be a entrepreneur, and the only people that only like that idea are my friends and my parents, haha. But it's not a really impressive place they work at. The clinic wing, yes. Very nice and modern. The research wing? No. It's rushed and not very organised and cramped, but a new proper physical wing for research is to be added. After the Satusko disaster at the Satusko Medical Clinic & Research Centre, they needed to set up a new research centre quick, somewhere quiet and away from the busy city, so Ursk was chosen. Satusko... Such a sad town after the disaster...''

She paused as she heard the KwaDaians fight with the others over religious beliefs. She noticed Jess roll her eyes, but didn't say anything.
I iz a proud and sexi member of d Exchange of Sad Annoying Pathetic Students
My TG box is lonely, why not send me a TG?
Kourtney is the best Kardashian!
''The only sane people on this planet is me, Alfy, Hake & Theo James,'' - Myself
#yafran

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:55 am

Sari
"Some of the dorms are here in this building. This is one of the Dar al Maysaf villas the four person dorms are on the upper floors and the two person dorms are on the second floor. The other dorms that our new students can have are in the Umm Salal Villas", Sari replied.

Omar
Omar looked around the group to see who he could share his dorm with seeing as he was currently without one. A result of making sure everyone else was sorted out first. Nearly everyone was in conversation so he walked to first person who wasn't. "Hi. It's Vladimir isn't it?", he greeted one of the Veronans who had collapsed earlier that day in the airport from the heat and tried to remember the boy's name.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates