NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 40 | OOC | Sign-Ups [CLOSED]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lons
Spokesperson

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lons » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:43 am

Kalosia wrote:Is Lactatia financially prepared to host if they win? I'm afraid it's gonna leave a big-ass hole in their bank accounts
pun intended. actually the pun is the entire purpose of this post

You mean.. a big asshole?

The Mediterranean Republic
Envoy

Founded: Jun 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mediterranean Republic » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:16 pm

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL UNION
The Mediterranean Republic is a nonaligned empire-like Emirate of like minded nationalists. We are pro: 2 state solution, LGBT, abortion and peace. Anti: 3rd wave feminist, Nazism, Zionist extremism, KKK, Islamist and black nationalist.

PFQ TV: http://worldtv.com

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:44 pm

Lons wrote:
Kalosia wrote:Is Lactatia financially prepared to host if they win? I'm afraid it's gonna leave a big-ass hole in their bank accounts

You mean.. a big asshole?

Needs a great-ass eater ;)
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:21 pm

I had my appearance on Countdown today.

(Waits for "I never thought you'd look like that" comments...)
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Mister X wrote:I had my appearance on Countdown today.

*trying to watch, video does not do anything except show the thumbnail*

From what I can see, it looks sort of like "Wheel of Fortune", but "Wheel of Fortune" has Vanna White, who looks better than those two women combined.

*tries another device*
早晨!ToBu for short.

Kishrael
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kishrael » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:03 pm

So are you the train guy then or?
Last edited by Kishrael on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:05 pm

Fun Fact: Countdown was piloted in the US, but it had no numbers rounds, and the conundrum was a bonus game that only the winner played, with conundrums of 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 letters long for $10,000. Still kept the music somehow.

What's that, you want an ACTUAL 'fun' fact? Tough, that's all you're getting.
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Mister X
Ambassador

Postby Mister X » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Kishrael wrote:

Yes. That's me. Hello.
MISTER X

Kishrael
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kishrael » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Mister X wrote:Yes. That's me. Hello.

Well, congrats on winning, and on the train thing.

I would watch the episode, but countdown really isn't my thing, haha *turns on Big Brother like the scum I am*

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:23 pm

Yeah, no video available in the US. Someone send me a screenshot plz

The link I've been trying
早晨!ToBu for short.

Mister X
Ambassador

Postby Mister X » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Todlichebujoku wrote:Yeah, no video available in the US. Someone send me a screenshot plz

I would throw it on YouTube if I had the time and knew how to do it...
MISTER X

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Mister X wrote:
Todlichebujoku wrote:Yeah, no video available in the US. Someone send me a screenshot plz

I would throw it on YouTube if I had the time and knew how to do it...

Hopefully it would last long enough for us Americans to view it before it gets taken down for copyright or whatever.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:01 pm

Theres this add on for Google Chrome called Hola, you can change the country you're viewing from. I use it for netflix!
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:09 pm

Ekoz wrote:Theres this add on for Google Chrome called Hola, you can change the country you're viewing from. I use it for netflix!

I've installed something similar, and it seems to be working.

I love you Ekoz

Edit: Never thought of Mister X like that, really

Besides that he had pale skin and dark hair, for some reason that part of my expectation matched reality.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Good lord, there's two of us (Series 62 alumnus here).
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Wazekia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazekia » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:57 pm

I'm sure they're prepared to bare their assets in order to host an excellent contest.

Bloodbath Generation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodbath Generation » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:04 pm

Any host bid with "YAAAS" in the description is already the front runner in my book.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:12 pm

Wazekia wrote:

I'm sure they're prepared to bare their assets in order to host an excellent contest.

Lactatia wrote:Lactatian technicians

;)
早晨!ToBu for short.

Chameliya
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chameliya » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:10 pm

After seeing that, you seem a lot less authoritarian now :p
Chámelíyá Adhirájya | Kingdom of Chameliya
Om Mani Padme Húñ | Hail to the Jewel in the Lotus

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013

Postby Electrum » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:10 am

Mister X wrote:
Kishrael wrote:

Yes. That's me. Hello.

Woah! Grats on the win!
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Silkjd
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Silkjd » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:34 am

Bellnan City of Silkjd desires to bid WorldVision 40.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:12 am

WorldVision Host Bid

Sabha: Ignite Your Passion Achieve Your Dreams

After KwaDai placed highly in WorldVision 39 coming 3rd the countries' WorldVision Organisers have taken the decision to bid as host for the 40th WorldVision Song Contest. Many KwaDaian cities immediately rushed to be the host but only one has succeeded.

Sabha is the third largest city in KwaDai both in population and size following the capital Tripoli and Benghazi. Located deep in the heart of KwaDai, Sabha is surrounded by the vast expanse of the KwaDaian desert though is connected to the rest of the country by six different major highways and by a high speed railway network. Sabha has not previously hosted such a large-scale event so now is the cities time to shine.
Sabha has a population of 6.9 million with an extremely low unemployment rate, very high standard of living, high minimum wages, no poverty, homelessness or unsatisfactory areas. These factors combined have created quite an amazing city. The urban area consists of tall skyscrapers, palm tree flanked streets and boulevards, huge shopping malls, lakes, canals, gardens and beautiful Arabic and Italian styled residential areas.

A canal running into the city from the suburbs

Sabha: A Brief History
Development began in one of KwaDai's smallest Emirates, Sabha just before the independence of KwaDai in 1984. At this stage in history the area was surprisingly populated with numerous Arab tribes inhabiting the desert surrounding a group of oases. The was known as Sabha from which the name of the Emirate and city comes from.
Upon the country reaching independence developing cities was one of the main targets of the government. Therefore construction began at the request of residents in the desert surrounding Sabha oasis. All of the towns of Arab settlers became joined into one single metropolis. Not long after, the newly built city of Sabha begin to grow in size and population and expand into the desert.

An oasis in the desert outside Sabha

What to do in Sabha?
Sabha has everything you need for the perfect holiday. Follow the sights and sounds of spectacular shopping, culinary celebrations, treasured traditions, exciting adventures and exotic entertainment. There is a new experience for you everyday in Sabha.
Sabha being a very cosmopolitan city gives a visitor a wide selection of activities with options to suit everyone's taste.

Seeking Thrills or an action packed adventure?:
Desert Safaris are a great way to explore and experience traditional Arabian culture and hospitality. The journey starts with driving over and on the vast expanses of sand dunes toward the sunset as it disappears into the sand. Only thirty minutes outside of the city it is a great way to begin your stay in KwaDai. The evening ends with dinner at a traditional Arabic camp in the desert.
Another way of seeing the desert is by taking a hot air balloon trip above the sand below. Here you can view the spectacular and seemingly endless pattern of the sand dunes from high above. Truly an unforgettable experience.

Enjoy Sabha. At day or by night:
During the day one can wander the stylish streets of Sabha to sample the food served at some of the countries most well known cafés and restaurants. Or perhaps a shopping splurge at the Mall of Sabha sitting next to Azraq Lake in the city centre. The mall is the fourth largest in KwaDai with a total of 1000 shops of all varieties from designer brand stores to traditional sweet shops. The Azraq Lake is surrounded by tall glass skyscrapers and is edged by paved walkways running through beautifully landscaped gardens perfect for a stroll to escape the midday heat. The pathways lead to the paved pedestrian Sabha Plaza which is surrounded by a variety of shops and cafés.
Well worth a visit is the traditional spice souk. A street packed with a wide variety of spices and exotic fruit, the stalls are preserved in the traditional Arabic streets only a short walk from the shimmering new shopping districts. Here in Sabha's old cities the largest mosque in Sabha stands. It is open for tourists to learn about the Islamic religion or just to visit. From the mosque the call to prayer can be heard calling Sabha's Muslims to prayer.
At night Sabha opens out and reveals its vibrant nightlife which may seem unlikely if you had been walking through the walled Medina (old city) earlier in the day. The cities' skyscrapers burst into an array of colour and the streets are lit up. Now alive, the bars of Sabha open their doors. From exclusive cocktail bars to nightclubs the choice is there and it won't disappoint. If you're looking for a romantic night out then the restaurants and bars along the canals in the city centre are definitely recommended!

Sabha Plaza

How to get to Sabha:
Sabha being the third largest city in KwaDai means the city is very well connected not only to nearly every part of KwaDai but also internationally to a wide array of destinations around the world thanks to Sabha's new international airport. The airport has four terminals just like KwaDai's other major airports in the capital Tripoli and in Benghazi and Yafran. Terminal One is for short haul and regional flights. Terminal Two for medium haul flights. Terminal Three for long haul flights and Terminal Four is for all flights served by KwaDai's flag carrier Imperial Arab Airways.
The ease of transportation doesn't come to an end there. Within the city there is a well developed public transport network. For moving around the city the most simple method is to use the underground metro. Metro stations are widespread and easy to find.
Another way of navigating Sabha is just to take one of the cities' buses which are bright blue with a black stripe and carry the red KRTA logo (KwaDai Road and Transport Authority). Just like the metro, Sabha's buses are cost effective and the main bus stops are located generally nearby to a metro station.
Taxis are also a good option though are more expensive (but not too expensive) than bus or metro. They are always white with an orange/red top and carry the KRTA logo.
Finally to get to other parts of KwaDai the Inter KwaDai Rail connects Sabha to essentially everywhere in the country thanks to the new rail lines. Sabha's main station is located five minutes from the city centre.

Sabha International Airport

Sabha Central Station

Where to stay?
Throughout Sabha there are many options for WorldVision fans to stay at during their duration of time in KwaDai.
You could choose to stay in one of Sabha's most luxurious hotels centred around Azraq Lake with the most tasteful examples of modern architecture with all of their style and opulence or go for a desert retreat in the comfort of a spectacular Arabian Fort rising from the sand with all of of its majesty. The choice is there and all of the above options are strongly recommended.
Contestants are invited to stay in the newly built Al Faisaliyah Development a modern complex of luxurious apartments sitting along one of Sabha's many canals.

Qasr al Sabha Hotel Resort

Al Faisaliyah Apartments

The Venue
WorldVision KwaDai will be hosted in the Sabha City Arena ten minutes outside city centre. It is located in the entertainment district of the city and is brand new, only being recently completed. With a capacity of 34,000 it is well capable of holding large crowds. Inside the stage sits on an elevated area in the centre of a pool of water and is composed of the central stage from which leads a long pathway that extends into the crowd. The stage itself is flanked to the sides and above by LED screens sitting at various angles on top of one another. There are two principal entrances to the stage hidden behind the LED screens. To each side there are smoke, wind and fire machines. Lighting is generated from all sides of the stage to give maximum effect possible.
The seating and crowd areas wrap in a semi circle shape around the sides of the arena and down to the pool of water in front of the stage.
All seats have been designed to provide excellent views of all performances.

Sabha City Arena

The Stage

The Greenroom
The Greenroom is perfectly located on a platform raised up on a platform to the right side of the stage. It allows acts to view the stage and provides easy access to the stage for performing. It is designed using simple but stylish modern architecture.

The Greenroom

The Postcards
Postcards for each nation's entry will be made using the contests logo of the flame coloured with the colours of the participating nation's flag.
The flame symbolises being able to achieve your dreams by using your own talent which plays along with our slogan: "Ignite Your Passion Achieve Your Dreams".
The fire also represents burning down barriers that get in your way and overcoming obstacles.

KwaDai Postcard Example

Your Hosts

Jafar al Nahyan

Safiya al Qasim

Now we invite you all to Ignite Your Passion Achieve Your Drwams and vote for Sabha!
Last edited by Kwadai on Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Chameliya
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chameliya » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:48 am

Now that is quite a bid!
Chámelíyá Adhirájya | Kingdom of Chameliya
Om Mani Padme Húñ | Hail to the Jewel in the Lotus

Kishrael
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kishrael » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:04 am

THE RESULTS

Tabitha Shamaimah - Last Breath - 69 points
Ada Gatling - Neon Tigers - 68 points
Tyrian Lashes - Bad Man Down - 59 points
Channah Avitan - Green Eyes - 57 points
Cinderella Ra'ah - Show Me What You Got - 54 points
Taleh - Falling Down - 47 points
Michael Shimshon - I Want You - 46 points
Yossi Bagov - Without You - 45 points
Tal Dedini - Welcome to Azazel - 44 points
Zalia Tagadon - Machina - 39 points
Mica Bivet - Forever Young - 30 points
Rabim Muhadi - Warrior - 18 points

That means, after 13 editions since her first victory, and Kishrael's first victory, Tabitha Shamaimah is back, representing the country on the WorldVision stage for a second time. Can she replicate her previous success?

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

Postby Britonisea » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:18 pm

Can I ask a question concerning the new committee members.

Supposed you where in WV for 15 editions, and you miss out 40. You are well known around here, and you want to be a member. You miss out on 40, does this mean you can't be eligible for the short-list? Obvs, this is not my case.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63