NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 38- Peeto, Polkopia [IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zapadni
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapadni » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:48 pm

34. ZAPADNI
MATIJA - Don't Leave

It came as an immense surprise to MATIJA when she had won Pevaj Zapadni, gaining the right to represent the small protectorate in its second outing to WorldVision. She had only entered the contest to gain a greater exposure to her music irregardless of the result, and was actually quite wary of entering considering what had happened to Emilia Kopitar during and after Zapadni's debut. Now, she was chosen, and MATIJA was sitting nervously in the green room, knowing that it would soon be her turn to perform.

MATIJA, born in former territories of Izmedu now claimed as Zapadni's as Matallija Stejpanic, is a dance singer-songwriter who has no allegiance to either one of the nations politically. She has travelled back and forth between both countries to promote her music and Zapadni entry extensively, with that promo work making MATIJA realize just how big WorldVision was, and just how she could use her selection as a platform to promote her music to a wider audience.

Despite the immense amount of requests that the Zapadni delegation put on her and her team, she didn't care about them. To her, she represented herself, as MATIJA. She would not stay silent and act on a script that didn't represent her. All MATIJA cared about was the song and performance. With her three dancers in tow, all four walked to the stage as the stage was being set for their performance.

The stage lit up in mellow colors as the first seconds of the song started, which revealed an outline of MATIJA standing near the openings, looking down on the floor. The backup dancers were also situated at various places, but only their outlines could be seen. As the intro settled, a spotlight was shone on MATIJA, revealing her to be wearing this short sequin dress. A headset was on her as she had one hand to her hip, with her looking up in preparation for the first set of lyrics...

My heart remains silent but my body keeps moving wild
Is it one of my tricks?
Dying inside and yet I am abound with happiness
Have you been fooled at all?

The camera was focused on MATIJA as she sang the first verse, with the light now pulsing to the beat that had come about when she had started to sing. She walked closer to the center as the first verse progressed, taking steps to the song's rhythm. Geometric abstractions can be seen on the screen, changing colors to a black background.

For so long I have been in an eternal movement
I can't last for much longer
This pain inside must be forgotten, hurts must fade away
And I become desperate

She started to do a small routine at the song's hook, with her arms moving along to the more audible dance beat. At the hook's third line, she stopped moving, with her hand clutched to her chest as she looked to the camera, an emotional look plastered to her face. At the end of the hook, the camera transitioned from MATIJA to a stagewide view.

So don't leave me
See through my facade and help me heal
Wash away pain
Stop me from this aimless self-destruction

The screen turned white as the song transitioned to the chorus, with the lights pulsing to what was left of the rhythm. MATIJA moved as she sang the chorus, her arms reaching out to an invisible lover as she sang the pleading lyrics.

So don't leave me
Wash away pain

Backup singers can be clearly heard at the chorus' reptition as the instrumentation began to build, with the white screen also beginning to flash to the rhythm. The three dancers that were being hidden could now be seen walking together in tandem, approaching the center. At the chorus' final line, the camera closed up on MATIJA's face, with her eyes closed and hand on her arm, as the white screen disappeared and the stage lights disappeared for a moment.

I am broken...

She quickly said the line prior to the song's dance breakdown, and the backup dancers vocalized the 'ohs' as MATIJA and her dancers began to perform a routine based on the pace of the 'ohs.' Stepping one foot forward, holding one arm out, and hiding her face momentarily, with the routine expressing a desire to hide from the world. The lights also became a baby blue as the screen showed an equalizer that corresponded directly to the song.

Your presence mends the heart's bleeding

She continued dancing as she sang these lines, continuing the routine from earlier. The 'ohs' continued to be vocalized as MATIJA stopped the routine at the approach of the final line, with one of the dancers beginning to approach her.

The only way to deny pain

MATIJA sang this as the dancer was at close proximity to her, with her holding on to one of the dancer's arms. The song then quickly transitioned to the interlude, with MATIJA and her dancers performing another routine, this time it was a routine that emphasized smooth motion instead of the sudden movements that was done previously. The equalizer disappeared as soon as the interlude was finished.

My heart remains silent but my body keeps moving wild
Is it one of my tricks?
Dying inside and yet I am abound with happiness
Have you been fooled at all?

The repetition of the first verse brought about the return of the pulsating lights and geometric shapes, though the baby blue hue remained. MATIJA performed a subtle routine and occasionally looked at a dancer as she sang.

For so long I have been in an eternal movement
I can't last for much longer
This pain inside must be forgotten, hurts must fade away
And I become desperate

MATIJA looked to the camera again at the hook, as it transitioned to a close-up of her as she walked backwards slightly, her hair billowing about from moving around so much. At the final line, the geometric shapes and blue hue disappeared, replaced with a white screen and spotlights on MATIJA.

So don't leave me
Wash away pain

A minor projection effect was added to MATIJA's voice to reflect the added effects on the chorus. The beat almost receded into the music, sounding as if you were hearing it from the outside. The lights began to pulse to the rhythm once again, with the lights pulsing to either white or blue each time.

So don't leave me
Wash away pain

More lights began to trickle in as the screen began to show colorful abstractions, though the focus remained entirely on MATIJA as she held one arm out during the final part of the chorus. At the end, all of the lights disappeared except for a lone spotlight on MATIJA...

I am broken...

Blue lights returned to the stage as the 'ohs' were vocalized once again, with MATIJA and the dancers performing the same routine from earlier, except with subtle differences in terms of arm movement and the way MATIJA led the dancing, sometimes differing and adding more movements than the dancers. There was also an equalizer on the screen and also the stage's floor lit up.

Your presence mends the heart's bleeding

To coincide with the song's near-end, the stage floor began to pulse to the beat and alternated to red and black, contrasting to the blue and reflecting MATIJA's sorrow as she sang the lyric with a hushed tone.

The only way to deny pain

The last line echoed throughout the arena, with the instrumentation returning to the breezy atmosphere from the beginning, marking the beginning of the end of the song. The dancers receded into the shadows as the equalizer disappeared, the floor turned dark, and the blue hue began to disappear, with darkness now beginning to envelop the stage except for the spotlight on MATIJA.

The only way to deny pain...

The song ended with that last line, with the last shot seeing MATIJA looking down. For a few moment, the stage became completely dark until normal stage lights were put on, with MATIJA smiling at the crowd.

“Hvala Polkopia!” She said, taking off her headset and quickly leaving with the dancers.
Puppet of Izmedu. Breakaway province with volatile relations to the nation it was once a part of. Diametric opposite to Izmedu in terms of ideology and politics.
WV37 (E-Mieszkom, Regica): Emilia Kopitar - Temperature | 35/40, 28 points
WV38 (Peeto, Polkopia): MATIJA - Don't Leave | 32/37, 26 points

Plaschea
Attaché

Founded: Apr 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Plaschea » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:34 am

35Plaschea

Vania Derenoua - Isolade
(To the tune of Torres - Jealousy And I)

For future reference: The staging remains the same the whole way through - no lights except a single spotlight shining on Vania.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Vania walks onto the stage (with her guitar) during the short intermission. Once it finishes, the lights are turned off except from a single spotlight. She starts to play her guitar, which echoes in a very touching way. She is met with some cheers; after all, Plaschea seems to be irrelevant right now.

She commences:
How do I escape my own mind?
Do I break free or do I stay?
Coping seems like my only solace
For a pain that no problem could... solve.

There's no way out of this mess
Yet how did I get myself in?
Is there anyone to blame but myself?
A mystery that'll never be...
Found....
Never be found....

Vania waits for the guitar to cease echoing before she continues.

Far away from my mind's bay
To my dismay, oh, my dismay.
Far away from the solace
"Hide all the emotion away."
That's just all I say,
To help me
Stay....
Help me stay....

Vania doesn't wait much longer for the echoing to stop, and she acts more desperately, as if she's becoming insane.

It seems easier being here
Despite what I keep suffering
Was this a call for me to leave?
For people to leave me
Be....
Leave me be....

This time, she waits for the echoing to stop. However, she remains desperate in her 'plea'.

Far away from the solace
That's just all I say,
To help me
Stay....
Help me stay....
Stay....
Help me stay....

Vania slumps down on the stage, exactly where she is, and cries for help:

Me'e se isolade (I am isolated)
Me'e se isolade.... (I am isolated....)
Ei me vainë ade.... (But I need help....)
Delé sa consendenet-vetire. (From this bitter happiness.)

Ai... (Again...)

Gradually, playing the guitar, she stands back up.

Far away from the solace
That's just all I say,
To help me
Stay....
Help me stay....
Stay....
Help me stay....

Vania receives a generally positive applause, some tears coming from the Plaschean fans.
The Protectorate of Plaschea || O Nepotectopáte oi Plaxea

I'm bad at these signature thingy-majigs.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:18 am

ETV1 presents WorldVision 38 - English language commentary by Cerin Erali and Flynn Taggart

21 - Brittanny

FT: This song makes me want to give religion another try.
CE: Is that good?
FT: Probably not for these people, but I am sure uncle Levi would be pleased to see his nephew back at Temple. He might be even more pleased if I stopped calling it "Temple".
CE: I see. Well, the entry might not have clicked with us but I do like how they're tolerant and that. Top marks.

22 - Normandy and Picardy

CE: A big bombastic ballad from Nomendi Picadi.
FT: I didn't like it.
CE: Me neither. The Subtle Swords need to come back again.

23 - Elejamie

CE: One of my favourite bands there!
FT: I normally avoid listening to these entries until the day of the contest but I have to say that was OK. Chorus could've been a bit better, though.
CE: Now that I think about it, it could've. Not up to their usual standards.
FT: Will it do better than last year?
CE: Hopefully. Either way, go Patrós! Go Mark! You can do this!

24 - Ekoz

CE: You weren't kidding when you said "Mood set".
FT: Eh?
CE: I can't really find anything to praise about it. The only thing I will say is that it's better than rem-me-e-ember me from the last time.
FT: So... 9th place?
CE: Somewhere in the Top 10, because it's Ekoz.

25 - Todlichebujoku

FT: That was the worst [bleep]ing thing I've ever heard in my life.
CE: Oh, don't be like that, Fluh-yeen. I mean, the music was pretty... The performance was... I liked the... Yeah, it was pretty bad. It's like they're trying too hard to be Praciba.
FT: Fourth place, then.
CE: I'm cracking my beer open now. Anything to wash that away. I think I like Take Me Away now.

26 - Al-Balansiyya

CE: Now that's more like it! See, Polkopia? Ekoz? Polkopia again? Toad-place? THAT is how you do a good dance tune.

27 - Kondika

FT: That was clearly something.
CE: Music was... tolerable. But the performance was something I did not get.

28 - Bloodbath Generation

TBA

29 - Izmedu

FT: Not a big fan of the dubstep...
CE: ... Or the violin. But at least it was interesting to look at.
FT: Might do well tonight.

30 - KwaDai

CE: Slightly generic dance tune, but it's based on an interesting book.
FT: Do you know what it's called?
CE: ... No. But I'll be sure to look out for it later.

31 - Titaniumland

CE: You know me, I like a good, smooth R&B jam every now and then.
FT: Who doesn't?
CE: But this? This was just... The music seemed low effort.
FT: It seemed like something you'd find on a "Worst of the 90s" CD, somewhere in a bargain bucket in Sofanc World.
CE: And the lyrics? Not as bad as the music, but still could do with a little work.
FT: So what do you rate it?
CE: 9/10.

32 - Lactatia

CE: For the first time in my life, I am really glad to be gay.
FT: Lucky you.
CE: I mean, the song was good. No doubt there. But the performance was a bit...
FT: I wish I wasn't teetotal.
CE: And I wish we could've brought the ETV bong. We both clearly need it!

33 - Wazekia

CE: Fenci, Resaki! Seriously, that was actually quite good. I liked that.
FT: Same here. Anything's better than... Whatever came before it.

34 - Zapadni

CE: A piano-based dance tune.
FT: Not much to say about that.
CE: Apart from the fact I liked it and I hope it does well tonight.

35 - Plaschea

CE: That was... actually better than I expected. I don't know if it will do well tonight, but I hope it does.

36 - Bad Nazis

(There is silence in the commentary booth as Cerin [a gay Iyilim] and Flynn [a Jewish atheist] try to process what they've just seen)
CE: Moving swiftly on...

37 - Lymantatia

CE: Sorry about that, ladies and gents. Fluh-yeen and I needed a minute to get to grips with that... surprisingly good entry. Seriously, if it weren't for the whole Nazi schtick, I'd vote for it.
FT: Who's to say it won't receive any Elejamian votes?
CE: Touché. But let's talk about Lymantatia...
(the duo sit there in silence for a couple of seconds, trying to say something about it)
FT: It wasn't very good.
CE: No, I didn't really like it. Not the worst thing I've heard all night, but I don't think this will do well by any stretch of the imagination.

38 - Praciba

CE: I have never found a Pracib entry I did not like.
FT: Apart from Marvelous.
CE: I wouldn't say that. The song was good, it's just that everything else about it was actually quite wrong. If they were a bit older, then maybe they would've received some more votes. Back to the song. I have never found a Pracib entry I did not like... and this is no exception.
FT: So you liked it?
CE: No, I loved it! I mean, I didn't know if they'd be able to top Jon and Jon from last time, but they managed to. Praß Praciba!
FT: Praß Praciba indeed.

39 - Kalosia

CE: And now that's what I call a comeback! I mean, it has a good beat, nice lyrics and all that.
FT: It was certainly interesting to look at.
CE: That it was. I don't see how this won't do well with the Elejamian viewers. What a way to end, huh?
FT: Yes it is.
Last edited by Elejamie on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Bad Nazis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bad Nazis » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:22 pm

36. Bad Nazis

Marlene Heidler and the SA Dance Troops: "Glitter and Harmony"

Tune: Springtime for Hitler

Not a light is lit on stage. Complete darkness. The Blitz alarm plays, and then the sound of bombs exploding, followed by the typical TA-KATAKATAKATAKATA!!! from a machine gun. Then, silence.

A lamp is lit, revealing two young women in dirndl dresses and Stahlhelme crouching down on the stage floor as if to take cover. The light is black and white, no colours. The two women slowly stand up, and they look at the audience. The song starts.

NationStates was having wars, international incidents oh so very gory!
Now there must be a way to end all these conflicts surely
What oh what to do? Was there someone who knew? We looked around, and then we found the thing for you and me!

The two women dance away, one to the right and one to the left, and the light instead suddenly focus on Marlene Heidler in a gorgeous white dress. She sings:
And now it’s:

The light switches to colour, and every inch of the stage bathes in a bright light. Marlene's dress sparkles like snow on a cold day. She smiles and raises her arms in tune to the music.

A new time with glitter and harmony!

She lowers her arms.
The skies are no longer grey! So let’s all dress up really gay! Because WorldVision is here to stay!

In on the stage come the SA-Dancers, with glittering sequin uniforms.
A new time with glitter and harmony! Sparkling, we’ll be rolling in trance!

The dancers spin around in syncronized circles.
A new time with glitter and harmony! Come on singers, put on your shiny pants!

One of the male SA-Dancers steps forward and gives a casual Nazi salute. He smiles and sings his line.
There is one thing that can never go wrong, and that is a good schlager song!

He steps back again in the line of dancers and another guy, Arty, takes his place, turns a somersault, lands, and sing.
Guten Aben, my name is Arty! Let’s be hearty and enjoy the party!

Disco balls are lowered from the ceiling, the synchronized SA men and women tap dance.

The dancers join in Marlene's song, and switch the tap dance to a joyful march.
Music’s the new fix today!

The dancers line up with Marlene in the middle, hold each other around, and start a leg-kicking dance.
Bombs will never fall from the skies again! Music will make us wise again!

The two women in dirndl from the beginning of the number re-enter the stage and join the dancers.
You know it’s better than before!

The dance increases in speed, and Arty breaks out from the line and turns cart wheels all over the stage, from one side to another.
You know we’ll be coming, yes, you know we’ll be coming, you know we’ll be coming back for more!

Confetti fly down and everyone "freeze" for a photo shot. Even their smiling teeth are glittering. As the music stops, they all bow for the audience.

"DANKE SCHÖN POLKOPIA!!!"
Last edited by Bad Nazis on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nation retconned: The Reich is now Nazis only aesthetically, not politically (although they still call themselves Nazis, but it doesn't mean anything. Hitler died in 1938, Himmler, Goebbels, Göring and the other criminals lost their power in the following power struggle and the Reich became a "regular" corrupt dictatorship). It's based/stuck in the 1950s - 60s, but thanks to Die Glocke we can interact with all worlds. WWII still happened, but ended in a tie. Some Wunderwaffe exist (such as UFO:s and Die Glocke), as well as revived dinosaurs.

This is only a parody nation. I do not endorse National Socialism in any way, nor the people associated with that ideology.

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?

Wazekia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazekia » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:04 pm

~Presents~

Welcome to WorldVision 38 watchers in Wazekia and people who apparently pirate WAZTEL's broadcast of the WorldVision Song Contest, I am Jon Myrok and I will be your host tonight. The nations of the world have assembled in Peeto, Polkopia to be the next winner of something or another. Let's start our quest exploring the musical entries of these nations have worked so hard on since last contest!

"Return to Peeto"

"Before I even start I need to call attention to the theme of this contest. 'Release Your Inner Sound' seems quite innocent, presumably talking about singing; this is allegedly a song contest, after all. The human body has quite a number of other sounds that emit from its inner depths. With this in mind, as puerile as it may be, I immediately thought of flatulence. Were this a farting contest the theme would also be very fitting. When you think about it, the difference between this and a farting contest is that the noxious gases in the WorldVision Song Contest come out of the opposite end of the body.

Enough of that, I wouldn't want to degrade the noble art of breaking wind with comparisons to this. I have to say I am astonished to finally be in a city I can pronounce without sounding like I'm chocking on something. The clock was about four minutes over how long it should have been. Again with the water jets? Is this two contests in a row a host country has done this? Oh good, now a bunch of hyperactive kindergarteners who've gotten into the paint closet are mucking about all over the stage, while a man at a table watches. I would love to see the stage directions for this, I can't picture it being anything other than a big squiggle in the center with 'just throw it all here at once' written on it.

Please tell me these soldiers are going to put everyone on stage out of my misery. Now they're singing too. Is this what other countries do with their military? Perhaps the guns are in case this broadcast is translated into Polkopian, please keep in mind that when I was saying 'just shoot me' I was kidding. Though so far seeing this opening performance, I'm not so sure of that any longer.

Another round of this? Why? Now they're pointing their guns to the crowd 'we're pleased to have you' , as what, target practice!?Now the host is coming on to stage. No, we're not anxious to have the contest start, we're anxious to see if we'll live past this contest. Well, here we go. Before we start the individual entries I have to say that if I don't see at least ten videos with fart noise sound bites after every time they say 'Release Your Inner Sound' or as the host walks up to the stage from you monsters on the internet I will be incredibly disappointed."

"Till My Heart Cries Out"

"Yetri-, Yatri, I can never pronounce the name of this country. Therefore, I will refer to is as 'That place that starts with a Y'. 'Y', fittingly sounds the same as 'why', which is my first question regarding the entry. In case the strobe lights weren't enough to blind me, the sound of the singer is high-pitched enough to break my eardrums. The bit where they brought the audience on stage was rather strange. What was the point of those dancers,the lights pretty much too away any point of having them. Pyrotechnics? After all the bodily damage you could have caused already? We're one entry in and everything is trying to kill the audience."

"Can You Handle It?"

"I can handle it, but can I give a crap?"

"9 Circles"

"More fire? Who needs to be scared by the flames when they can just listen to your singing."

"Silence"

"Silence would have been preferable to actually listening to this. I was hoping she'd just stand on the stage and do nothing. Alas."

“We're Gonna Nuke The Sanctii Folks”

"I think they just make this all up five minutes before they go on stage. 'Blah blah blah Sanctii are wrong' and then they burn a bunch of stuff. At least we know for certain they don't care at all. I sure don't."

“I’m an Old Fart”

"Get off the stage!"

"Don't You Know?"

"That this is crap? It only took two seconds."

"Oh Why, Oh Why"

"Even when they admit they're crap, they're crap."

"Return"

Please don't return. Please. Why is everyone sending entries with pyrotechnics?

"Better Than Me"

"'No, no, no, no' nicely sums up my feelings about this entry. At least our hosts have been kind enough not to threaten to kill us again."

"We'll be back with more commentary after this! Stay tuned."

-----------

And we're back! Let's continue with more acts live from Peeto.

"Join The Church of Brittanny"

"Thankfully for me it's just bland enough to forget it happened at all."
Last edited by Wazekia on Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lymantatia » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:23 pm

37. Lymantatia - Getting Hype - Kjorq oq Maqqie
Melody
Kirkberga Edelstein's voice
Margaret Metcalfe-Clovis's voice
Both voices

Win the poker with an ace
And a bet on the horse race
At the right time and the right place
You're all-gold and looking bold

Let's poking some needles and singing some tweedles
All I now hears, 'cause I'm all ears
I'm getting hype with you

Isn't the phone ringing
And the school bell dinging
If it is such let's singing
I'm standing tall, hole in the wall

If it's a priceless wonder
Always do your ponder
All I now hears, for all those years

If she's a goddess full of ice
She must always be very nice
So I do like unless I say psych
And she and I both look zugleich

To me, she will seduce
Right to the good old spruce

I'd take him out of the sun
But the kid is not my son

(barbershop men scatting while tap-dancing)

End of the day, too long the man say
Which is why there must be another way
Like speak in the new français
But what about the old anglais?

No more Mr. Lovelace
My heart is in all space

That is a pretty chime
So I will take a dime
But I'll never doing time
For doing that is but a crime

You're like Emily Blunt
I'm standing in the front

I'm getting hype with you!
Baptism of Fire 44 Round of 16, de facto retired.

Wazekia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazekia » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:25 pm

~Presents~

Welcome to WAZTEL's coverage of WorldVision 38. I'm your host, Jon Myrok. Let's continue with tonight's acts.

"Run"

"Unfortunately, I can't run away from you either. I feel your pain."

"You're Just Fine!"

"Not after seeing this monstrosity I'm not."

"Communists"

"Suddenly, I understand why some countries ban political parties.The fact these singers aren't is appalling."

"Youths have Ambition"

"This has a weird vibe to this that I don't like. It's like they're vampires trying to steal youths' essence or something."

"Gregory is God Forever"

"Just why?"

"Gloom"

"I'm certainly as depressed as the main singer after hearing this."

"Gravity"

"Like actual gravity this song has sunk this contest to a new low."

"Dancing Death"

"So, wait, does he even own a shop?"

"Reserved"

"The minimalism was poorly done and the band might have well not even been there. It's a loud sounding nothing at best."

"Together"

"Together in the same room as this is enough to make anyone miserable."

We'll be back with more WorldVision 38 after these messages!

Praciba
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Praciba » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:01 am

38 - Praciba
Maybe It's A Test by Waldrick Praßinam

Tune: Gaggó-Vest by Eiríkur Hauksson
Language: English, Pracib

As it becomes Praciba's time to perform, all lights are dimmed. Due to these dimmed lights, no one was able to make up what was happening on the stage except for the technicians and mechanics that were sent, among others, with the performers. Wearing night-vision goggles, they placed the required props for the performance and carried the performers to their places. While the performers were more than capable of moving themselves, it was deemed safer for them to get carried to their place, as they would probably knock something over or get seriously hurt in the dark. What many people didn't know was that these technicians and mechanics were often chosen from the best strongmen of Praciba, with popular strongmen such as Barþy 'Man Crusher' Kóngresson and þieðerick 'Femboy' Choulß often receiving a quick course on how to install the specialized Pracib equipment, seeing as regular technicians and mechanics lacked the power and raw strength to lift the equipment and the artists. In a stunning difference from most Pracib entries, the stage was mostly left intact. Featuring an elevated multi-stage platform on the stage, that was all that the props that the Pracib entry had brought along.

Standing on a part in the middle, Waldrick could be seen wearing a purple jacket with black feathers and a black feathered tie that flowed into a similarly-purple yet manly dress, laying all around him due to it's length. Unknown to all in the audience, however, was the fact that the dress and jacket could change color through the use of specialized projection technology, in essence turning the dress into a giant projection screen.

As the music started, Waldrick's part of the stage started to raise, extending the dress to nearly it's full length. His background singers, standing two-by-two at each of his sides, were left on the ground. To ensure that the emphasis on a blind man high above was aimed towards a lonely-yet-wise blind hermit living on a hill or mountain, as hermits often find themselves doing, instead of a higher being, the dress colored it's lower parts into a brown-and-green color depicting a grassy hill.

I knew of a blind man high above
It's a test, he said enough
Feel it less, feel it less, feel it less
Maybe it is all a test

As 'Maybe it is all a test' is spoken by Waldrick and his background singers, flames, lasers and lights are fired off in multiple directions. An eye-shocking experience for the ones in the audience, this allowed time and the element of surprise towards the change in Waldrick's dress due to the lights and such acting similar to a stun grenade, albeit with a far greater love for the showmanship of singing. This time changing the entire dress, including the jacket, the dress now featured flames to depict the flames in Waldrick's heart.

This wisdom often kept, held me dear
Even when they cheat or lie or sneer
That wisdom is all I often hear
When they die, we'll laugh and cheer

Breaking my will is not on the bill, no
You know Patrós, Magní, Vilhjálm and all
They will barter with the asÞðbaribus
Because their lives will be metal on metals

Whether or not you pray to the All-Being
Or you choose to follow Christ on his heist
You like men, women, puppet or be horsed
Who cares so long as you're not forced?

To further build on that nugget of wisdom, puppeteers wearing animal costumes come on stage and in lieu of actual dancers, the puppets are seen dancing. Due to the obvious restrictions that Waldrick's dress gave him, he could not dance but instead moved a bit with his arms. Thanks to the large size of the dress, it had been possible to work in various mechanism to allow Waldrick to 'spit' out tiny items via a system eventually located under the wrists of his jacket. As such, as the moved his arms, glitter could be seen blasting off, covering the audience.

Maybe it is all just a test
It's a test, It's a test,
Only you will know what's better best

Now, we all know what is good or bad,
Who is happy and who is sad
We must come together, all in one
Let us join the world with dance and fun

Do you know how to do the Palori twist?
Dancing as if you're on the VIP list
Dreaming of a royally sexy sin fling
Don't stop positivity, let's put it in

All you do is aimed at the future or not
Screw them all, you know you're hot
You're bacon in a pan, luring sexy men
They're as cold as a filthy just-born lamb

As the birth of a lamb had been deemed uninteresting towards the general feel of the song, people instead saw pieces of bacon, all with a picture of Waldrick's face pasted on them, sizzling in a pan. As the first sizzling pieces of bacon were seen, many attractive male specimens could be seen being lowered on, apparently extremely strong, pieces of wire. All four floated around Waldrick, who could be seen stealing kisses from all four during times that he did not have to sing.

Taking over from Waldrick as the primary singer, one of the background singers began sing-talking the next bit. While normally having a far more normal voice, the background singer made sure that his voice sounded extra manly, almost as if a steroid-using Hercules came by to sing.

Stand up and walk with me to the happy hill
The men and women on the hill will,
Ask and cheer and chill and sneer
Your happiness is all that cares here
When looking down, haters all heavily cream
I just have to scream

Again, flames, lasers and lights are fired off in multiple directions. Similar to the previous time, both the audience was blinded and the dress changed to flames, to depict the flames in Waldrick's heart.

Screw them fucking all!

Maybe it is all a test

Oh you know, they say that I do
They laugh when I shout I love you
Looking at the sky, I know they'll get,
They'll get theirs while I sit on the welcome mat

Thus feel it less, feel it less, feel it less

Maybe it is all a test

As fireworks explode, in an attempt to spell out 'Praciba 38', the entire stage rises up even further, as if the singers and other people on stage were standing on the happy hill mentioned in the song. To further the message that was made with fireworks, Waldrick's dress showed one last change, the words 'Praciba WVSC 38 Winner' superimposed upon the flames.

For Waldrick's outfit, imagine something similar to Cezar. For those who do not know Cezar, shame on you. Telegram me if you need a link to Cezar.
asÞðbaribus = Death's Husband, the Pracib version of the Grim Reaper
Palori twist = A nickname for dancing while on drugs, originally coined for people on XTC. Eventually the meaning expanded and generally means that someone is dancing as if nothing else matters.
One sentences is bold, to show that he really screams out this sentence.
Last edited by Praciba on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Want to help build a world? Like to roleplay? Come to Werenth and claim your slice of paradise!
Pracib Questionnaire for the Establishment of Worldwide Pracib Numbers - Filling it in is highly appreciated!
The Tästa Þóstellär Group - He Who Touches shall receive you now
Praciba Votes - Lokkeþar | Your opinion matters!
I don't bite and even if I did, you wouldn't feel it anyway. Feel free to send me a telegram, even if you just want to talk.

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:56 am

Kalosia
Lonely Lovers' Club — Suzette
performed in English to the tune of Catallena by Orange Caramel

After a fairly disappointing result in WV36 and eventual disqualification from WV37 (without correlation between the two), after an edition's break, a big comeback was planned with the host bid originally planned for WV37 rolled out, and an entry whose catchiness quickly brought the song up the charts and betting odds. Despite being a favourite, Kasin's bid came 3rd and hosting rights fell to another country, so the internally-selected Suzette had to travel to Peeto, Polkopia, to compete for the title.
The lyrical content of the song was unique in a way that it received hate, particularly from certain members of the male youth (particularly those that, on the internet, would be labeled as "fedora guys", "neckbeards", or "fuckboys"), but support for the entry remained high.
Not only were the lyrics unique, but special outfits were designed for the performance based on a theme of the suits in playing cards (relating to the band's album art), and they all had a giant heart on the back of their dresses (in the same way they had a giant diamond/spade/club on the front). On the WorldVision stage, the girls were positioned at the back of the stage, and facing the back of the stage (so their backs were facing the front of the stage). They each had a pose but stood still. When the song started, the background graphics (again, card-themed) poured in right away, but the lighting did not move and still cast a shadow over Suzette (i.e you could only see a silhouette of them). The performance would eventually be high-energy, with the girls constantly moving.

They introduced themselves in a way that distinguished the live performance from the studio version of the song. One by one they turned over and shouted. The thing was, the member of Suzette wearing the diamond had had throat problems so she pulled it off in a way that was bound to be remembered by the fandom, but then she cleared her throat and there weren't any problems for the rest of the performance.

As they started actually singing, they walked in unison towards the front of the stage, and after they got there performed choreography that they rehearsed.
Welcome to the Lonely Lovers’ Club
We’ll wait for you so there’s no need to rush
Yes we are the Lonely Lovers’ Club
Come and join us (yeah, yeah, yeah!)
You are in our dreams

The choreography became a bit slower, and the girls took turns singing each line of the verse and bridge.
We’ll be right here just in case you need us
Because we don’t have any plans for tonight anyway
And even if we try to look around, it’s useless
It’s the end of the mating season

Yes I know there are so many fish in the sea
But just like a shark, no one dares to come close to me
Entertain us (yeah, yeah, yeah!)
I am just a ghost and you are my Valentine

As the chorus came on again, the girls repeated the intense moves they had done.
You are in our dreams

No, no, no, please don’t leave, no, no, no, please don’t leave
No, no, no, please don’t leave, we welcome you so come along

To avoid becoming too repetitive, the girls moved a bit further apart from each other, but were still at the front of the stage.
When someone does put a lock on our hearts
It is done from a distance so far, I can’t even reach
A Valentine, Casanova, Romeo
In our lives they exist, but no happy ending

At the last line of the next part, the girls moved closer again like they previously were positioned.
Yes I know there are so many fish in the sea
But just like a shark, no one dares to come close to me
Entertain us (yeah, yeah, yeah!)
I am just a ghost and you are my Valentine

And then they repeated the dance they had done for the chorus.
You are in our dreams

Afterwards, the intensity of the choreography slowed down for a bit...
(You are in our dreams, you are in our dreams)
(You are in our dreams, you are in our dreams)

...and then returned to how it was previously.
So what are you waiting for?
Come join us now
We are the Lonely Lover’s Club

Now they did a different set of dance moves for the final chorus.
You are in our dreams

They moved a bit back so that they were in the middle of the stage, danced a bit more, and then did a final pose as the song came to a seemingly sudden end.
No, no, no, please don’t leave, no, no, no, please don’t leave
No, no, no, please don’t leave, we welcome you so come along

The song ended. After a pause, the girls of Suzette waved to the audience and thanked them before leaving the stage.

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreamplanet » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Too early!
Last edited by Dreamplanet on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Kondika
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kondika » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:04 pm

Too early, will repost
Last edited by Kondika on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:05 pm

Reserved for Interval Act
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:07 pm

The Normand Vote

(On the screen is the Normand spokesperson, Marvell Alisoen, who is standing in front of the Holy Mountain on the outskirts of Caen. He begins to speak, first in Norgwean and then in English.)

Bonjasorlí. Marci esa pau er disktationan wonlebartí et Anastasia, avalest einalî esat ota josta spralnðena. Einalént ars seta poitjas norgwéanan ikma.

Good Evening. Thank you for the wonderful show tonight and Anastasia, you have been a brilliant host. Here are the first seven Normand points.

Now, time to move onto the main points.

Eight Points go to... Electrum
Ten Points go to...Talvezout
Twelve Points go to Praciba!
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreamplanet » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:12 pm

Hello, this is Libon calling! And thank you all for this amazing show! Dreamplanet's votes are as follows:
1-Normandy And Piccardy
2-Wakezia
3-Coreyo
4-Silkjid
5-Talvezout
6-Electrum
7-Mister X
And for the rest of the votes...
8-Polkopia
10-Britonisea
12-Izemedu

Thank you all for the show! Goodbye from Libon!
Last edited by Dreamplanet on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Kondika
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kondika » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:13 pm

Hello! This is Kondika City! And this is the votes from the Kondikan jury.
1-Electrum
2-Lymantatia
3-Zapadini
4-Wakezia
5-Dreamplanet
6-Izemedu
7-Polkopia

8-Lactatia
10- Talvezout
12-Britonisea

Thank you for the amazing show! Goodbye and good luck to all participants!

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:21 pm

"Hello everyone, this is Lorenzo live from Talvezout! Here are the results of the Talvezian vote."

1 point to Gregory Llama Land.
2 points to Silkjd.
3 points to Wazekia.
4 points to Polkopia.
5 points to Mister X
6 points go to Vampirium.
7 points to Kalosia. Welcome back!

8 points go to Normandy & Picardy!

10 points go to Chameliya!

And 12 points go to... Electrum!
Last edited by Talvezout on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Silkjd
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Silkjd » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:22 pm

I am Leung Kwok-ping, the Chinese commentator of Silkjd in WV37. I will vote on behalf of Silkjd.
1- Normandy and Picardy
2- Electrum Diplomatic Offices
3- Dreamplanet
4- Talvezout
5- Mister X
6- Britonisea
7- Teague
8- Coreyo Entertainment
10- Ekoz
12- Electrum
Last edited by Silkjd on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silkjdian Mainland Asia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Silkjdian Mainland Asia » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:26 pm

Ian Liu, the Governor of Silkjdian Mainland Asia, will represent SMA to vote.
1- Chameliya
2- Brittanny
3- Elejamie
4- Izmedu
5- Lactatia
6- Bad Nazis
7- Lymantatia
8- Kalosia
10- Missus X
12- Gregoryisgodistan

Esta Lloviendo
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Esta Lloviendo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:28 pm

"Hello everyone, this is Lorenzo again!"

1 point goes to Lymantatia.

2 points go to Zapandi.

3 points go to Coreyo.

4 points go to Bad Nazis.

5 points to to Elajamie.

6 points go to Electrum Diplomatic Offices.

7 points go to Praciba.

Now, 8 points go to Todlichebojuku!

10 points go to Dreamplanet!

And finally, 12 points go to Britonsea!
Last edited by Esta Lloviendo on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of Talvezout.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:30 pm

ETV1 presents WorldVision 38 - English language commentary by Cerin Erali and Flynn Taggart

Recap

CE: Thirty-nine entries. Not as much as last time, though, which is a shame.
FT: Less pain, though.
CE: True, true. Now, let's tell the viewers at home how they can vote.
FT: If you want to call ETV's WorldVision hotline, dial 555 72 53, followed by the entry you liked. For example, if you like Yttribia, you would dial that number followed by 01. If you liked Vampirum, it's 02. Et cetera.
CE: Alternatively, you can text SONG, followed by your favourite entry. Again, SONG01 for Yuh-trib-ba or SONG02 for Vampirum. And so on, until 39.
FT: Calls cost 50ᶈ per minute from an EleTel network; other carriers have different rates. Texts cost 25ᶈ plus your standard network charge.
CE: Just to let you know you can't vote for your own country. Don't bother, it's your pensin you're wasting.
FT: And you cannot vote through ETV's WorldVision app, as there is actually no way to vote with it.
CE: Now that we've covered everything, shall we wait for the interval act?
FT: Yes, let's.

Interval Act

TBA
Last edited by Elejamie on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:41 pm

"Good evening, ladies, gentlemen, and slaves. It is I, Lord Almighty Gregory, Supreme Deity and the only one who can make decisions here. We've certainly had an interesting WorldVision, and some fun performers. Here are our votes.
A scoreboard comes up showing the votes.

"12 points to Silkjdian Mainland Asia for proclaiming me God forever. Finally another nation embraces the Universal Truth.
10 points to The Sword Bloke. Death and killing are fun!
8 points to Missus X - by singing about how bad you were, you were awesome. It's called irony.
7 points to Electrum Diplomatic Offices. Everyone knows communism is stupid and the only economic system that works is doing whatever I say because I am God.
6 points to Bad Nazis for the bombs. You were da bomb, only after us.
5 points to Gregory Llama Land for old ladies and cake. No WorldVision would be complete without an old lady named Gertrude, and sadly Electrum Diplomatic Offices failed to supply one.
4 points to Vampirium. You suck. Literally.
3 points to Lymantatia for so bad it's good.
2 points to Praciba for innovative use of props and flames - what fun!
1 point to Mister X for being married to the lovely Missus X."

Lord Almighty Gregory shoots a slave offscreen, then turns to the camera and says
"Good night everyone!"
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Gregory Llama Land
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregory Llama Land » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:44 pm

"Llama City calling, here are our votes."

"12 points to Missus X
10 points to Mister X
8 points to Silkjdian Mainland Asia
7 points to The Sword Bloke
6 points to Bad Nazis
5 points to Gregoryisgodistan
4 points to Yttribia
3 points to Britonisea
2 points to Electrum Diplomatic Offices
1 point to Lymantatia"

"Good night, and love your llama today!"

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:20 pm

"Shop Owner Hologram proclaiming evil here today from Angelou Government House."
1 vote to Dreamplanet. Handcuffs are awesome!
2 votes to Missus X. Bad nations are best!
3 votes to Gregory Llama Land. I'm proclaiming this as the new anthem for the annual killing of slaves aged 80 every year!
4 votes to Electrum. Another anthem. Now when someone gets executed, the crowd sings along!
5 votes to Praciba. You just need to use the flames commonly in WorldVision now!
6 votes to Kalosia, your Lonely Lovers Club will stay lonely until Shop Owner executes all in it!
7 votes to Electrum Diplomatic Offices. Down with ze communists, up with ze dictators!
8 votes to Todlichebujoku for having a boy band so terrible, I need to execute them.
10 votes to Gregoryisgodistan! Everyone knows that the Sanctii are just criminals planning to cause the apocalypse!
And 12 votes to Bad Nazis, for having bombs. And lots of them. Hoot hoot!
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Coreyo Entertainment
Secretary

Founded: Mar 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Coreyo Entertainment » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:31 pm

Hello! This is Coreyo! And the votes are in!
1-Normandy and Picardy
2-Dreamplanet
3-Polkopia
4-Silkjd Mainland Asia
5-Silkjd
6-Izemedu
7-Electrum

8.Todlichebujoku
10. Kalosia
12. Britonisea
Check out: Coreyo (Main nation)
Coreyo Sports (Bureau of Sports of Coreyo)

WV38: Entropy - Gloom (17/37 - 55 Points)
WV39: New Evolution - Pretty (20/45 - 52 Points)
WV40: Girls' Era - Dance (34/44 - 24 Points)

WHF16: Entropy - Gloom (3/9 - 19 Points)
WHF17: New Evolution - Pretty (9/12 - 10 Points)
WHF18: After Obstacles - MM (12/18 - 9 Points)

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:05 pm

Hello, Peeto, Coventry calling! Anatoly Kasputin here; not just the captain of the Elejamian ice hockey team but also captain of the 2014-15 ENIHL champions COVENTRY PUFFINS! (behind him, the crowd starts cheering wildly, with a few spatterings of fans chanting "Puffins") We all know why I'm here, right? Well, let's get straight to it! Here! Are! The! Points from Elejamie!

1 - The Sword Bloke
2 - Esta Lloviendo
3 - Al-Balansiyya
4 - Bad Nazis
5 - Wazekia
6 - Plaschea
7 - Kalosia

Now, we're getting into the big leagues. The top three. Whatever you want to call it. Eight points. I certainly felt their force here tonight. Eight points go to Chameliya!

Ten points go to... You're Just Fine! Ten points for Electrum!

And finally, the twelve points. It's a little overdue, especially since we didn't give you anything the first time and not enough the second and third times. But now, we're going to make it up to you. Twelve points go to Praciba! Thank you, Polkopia, have a nice evening!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates