NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 38- Peeto, Polkopia [IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

WorldVision Song Contest 38- Peeto, Polkopia [IC]

Postby Polkopia » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:52 pm

Thousands and thousands of people poured into the Hanisov Stadiona, which was previously decided by the Polkopian delegation, to serve as the host venue, should Polkopia win the rights to hist the contest. Now, eight editions after their last attempt at hosting the contest, Polkopia is once again the host nation of the Worldvision Song Contest. The venue was soon flooded with fans of all areas of the multiverse, from Yttribia, to Vampirum, to Kalosia, all with a common goal; to support their favorite entry. The atmosphere was amazing, as flags waved about the crowd in a furious fashion, the eager crowd anxious for the show to start. The large screen in the front of the stage showed a five minute clock, which would signal the beginning of the contest. Once the clock hit one minute though, the crowd hushed and counted down with one another in several different languages until finally, a loud buzzer sounded, signaling the end of the timer and the show could finally begin...

Opening Act: "Return To Peeto"
Tune: 2 Tekk Bros - Return To Moscow (Tribun Remix)

The stage was completely dark and everything was completely silent apart from a few appreciative hoots and hollers from the crowd. Soon enough, the beat started playing, and lights around the perimeter of the stage flashed on and off. As this happened, water rose up and fell down in powerful jets along the outside of the stage (Similar to this idea). Eventually (0:13 minutes), figures dressed in glow-in-the-dark paint ran onto the stage and clapped, their bodies only illuminated by the paint which coated their hands, feet, and parts of their face. They ran out on the stage, standing in two rows, each on opposite ends of the stage, clapping and dancing with the beat until they stopped for just a moment, where an edited woman's voice blared in the speakers.

Come and release your inner sound

"Lets go!" was heard over the speakers as well, as a spotlight began to shine on DJ Isayev. Strobe lights now began to blare on and off, as the figures continued to clap and the water jets continued to spew to the beat. They stopped again though (0:53) and the woman's voice was heard again.

After a long journey, Worldvision is back.
We have been in Ë-Mieszkóm, Müllhipu, Fontvieille
But now we are coming back to Peeto.
This is the return to Peeto.

"Put your hands up!" DJ Isayev shouted over the blaring music, where he was met with a loud surge of applause. Balloons, glitter, and confetti all dumped out over the crowd from the roof, and more dancers continued to flood the stage, still decked out in the glow in the dark paint. The paint was in various neon colors, from pink, to orange, and green, and as they danced, it illuminated the stage in bright colors.

The music slowed down, the dancers stopped dancing, and the party arrangements stopped falling from they ceiling (1:33). Two rows of soldiers marched onto the stage, each equipping a gun in their right hand. They took center stage and sang:

Gaidits za Polkopiya (Welcome to Polkopia)
Ashi radiy meel yo. (We are pleased to have you)
Asha toiva yo gosi vichko yo vohova (We hope you find everything you need)

Tanav ashi smorev pat yo (Today we look towards you)
Kut yo bucura vasha gorod(As you enjoy our city)
I asha toiva yo dragoste se kut valn kut ashi fache (And we hope you love it as much as we do)

I asha toiva yo dragoste se kut valn kut ashi fache (And we hope you love it as much as we do)

kut ashi fache (as we do)

The lights faded out and the woman's voice sounded again.

Come and release your inner sound

After that, the lights blared on and off with spotlights rapidly moving about the applauding crowd.

Back to Peeto, again!

Even more dancers flooded the stage, this time, in traditional Polkopian garb. These dancers paraded around the stage, catching balloons and tossing them back to the crowd as the other dancers continued to dance, and the lightshow continued. The army choir stayed in the very middle, not moving.

After a long journey, Worldvision is back.
We have been in Ë-Mieszkóm, Müllhipu, Fontvieille
But now we are coming back to Peeto.
This is the return to Peeto.

The choir now pointed their guns towards the crowd, and sung as the dancers continued to dance around them:

kut ashi fache (as we do)

They fired out at the crowd, but instead of bullets, streamers, confetti, and glitter sprayed out over those in the first few rows.

Back to Peeto, again!

One by one, the dancers continued to dance before heading off the stage. Afterwards, the choir marched off the stage in a serious, militaristic march, and the lights dimmed.

A spotlight showed on the host of the evening, Anastasia Ulanski, who also happened to be Polkopia's first ever representative in the Worldvision Song Contest, back in WV22. She wore the same golden dress that she wore during her performance (Minus the headdress), and she smiled as she waited for the crowd to quiet down.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the 38th Worldvision Song Contest, held in Peeto, Polkopia for the second time! Special thanks to the Regican delegation for putting together a beautiful show last edition. Now, with that, I'm sure you're all anxious to get this started. Shall we then?"

The crowd roars in anticipation and delight.

"Well let's get to it then! Ladies and gentlemen, let the 38th Worldvision Song Contest begin!"
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Polkopia
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:52 pm

Postcards, Performances, and Commentary

Performed:

1. Yttribia
The Diamond Club - Till My Heart Cries Out

2. Vampirum
Infinity - Can You Handle It

3. Talvezout
Isadora Batchelor - 9 Circles

4. Esta Lloviendo
Isobella Batchelor - Silence

5. Gregoryisgodistan
Singer 000ZLLLZUUQ3ULALA - We're Gonna Nuke the Sanctii Folks

6. Gregory Llama Land
Gertrude McFudge - I’m an Old Fart

7. Mister X
Entourage - Don't You Know?

8. Missus X
Rick Leg - Oh Why, Oh Why?

9. Britonisea
Myla Richardson - Return

10. Polkopia
Anastasia Zalovich - Better Than Me

11. Teague
Angelica Slate - Run Away

12. Electrum
Monday's Child - We're Just Fine!

13. Electrum Diplomatic Offices
Official Liberty Party Cabinet Members - Communists

14. Silkjd
Man Ka-wai, Jeremy Yu Wing-hing, Kelvin Chung Yiu-yan - 年少有志

15. Silkjdian Mainland Asia
Silkjd Pre-Gregoryisgodistani Choir - 果戈理是永遠的神

16. Coreyo Entertainment
Entropy - Gloom

17. Chameliya
Meriná Thápa - Gravity

18. The Sword Bloke
Shop Owner - Dancing Death

19. Skulltrenia
Shop Owner Hologram & Mu Ra Ta - We Are The Killers

20. Dreamplanet
Anna Williams - Together

21. Brittanny
Bishop Odo and the Priests - Join the Church of Britanny

22. Normandy and Picardy
Julia Estiendre - Come On People

23. Elejamie
Monochrome Haze - She Didn't Care About You

24. Ekoz
Zara Vosterup - Be Apart

25. Tödlichebujoku
OransSky - Scandalous

26. Al-Balansiyya
Judah Seti - Karra

27. Kondika
Mark & Jane - Revenge

28. Bloodbath Generation
Alex Redig - Superlove

29. Izmedu
Jolana Perko & Arijana Kovac - Illusion

30. KwaDai
Mélanie Sulayman - What You've Done

31. Titaniumland
XO - Your Last Breath

32. Lactatia
Comptoniqua LaTrill - A Whore Like Me

33. Wazekia
Kandi Floß & DJ Mixty - Wallz

34. Zapadni
MATIJA - Don't Leave

35. Plaschea
Vania Derenoua - Isolade

36. Bad Nazis
Marlene Heidler and the SA Dance Troops - Glitter and Harmony

37. Lymantatia
Kjorq oq Maqqie - Getting Hype

Commentaries:

Silkjd
Nine Commentaries on Gregoryisgodistan
Commentary: (Part 1) (Part 2)

Normandy and Picardy

Talvezout
TRTOne Worldvision #38 Commentary: (Part 1)

Britonisea
Commentary: (Part 1)

Elejamie

Electrum

Teague
The Spill: (Part 1)

Vampirum

Yttribia

Dreamplanet

Wazekia
Last edited by Polkopia on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 26 times in total.

Yttribia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:53 pm

/ 01 - Yttribia /
/ The Diamond Club - Till My Heart Cries Out /

/ Language(s): English /

To the tune of: "Reflections" by Misterwives

In a pre-performance picture, Bellamy Windham (centre, lead singer, guitarist) sits in between her two childhood friends in Adrian Yildirim (left, bassist) and Trevor Sabei (right, drummer) to form The Diamond Club. The Diamond Club is a pop-rock group originating from the mountains of Urellia, hailing from the city of Pontidexxu.

At the start of the song, the three band members rise onto the stage from elevated platforms with the stage covered in a thick layer of fog. Three spotlights shine on the band members, as they're surrounded by twelve motionless dancers, dressed in black and depressing clothing. Bellamy begins to sing into the microphone, strumming the first few notes of the song. Afterwards, Adrian and Trevor begin to play their respective parts of the song, joining along.

I couldn't pose as yours
Sent myself hopin'
That I would now be slowly fading
And lo behold, we're now crying
As we can not be
Acting like king and queen

As the chorus kicks in, the twelve dancers begin to stand, and dance along to the chorus. Their clothing is shown to be light-up clothing, flashing in a bright pattern, along with the rest of the set that has now converted itself into a stupendous display of strobe lighting, which is sure to give at least a few people seizures. Nonetheless, the band plays on, as the chorus kicks in.

In and of itself; Raising some Hell
Until My Heart Cries Out
Dreaming us as two flings
With my affection for
You

Bellamy's voice returns to a somber state, as the lively dancers slowly stop what they are doing and fall back onto the floor. The lighting effects show how the exciting and really impressive lights can go to real somber. In the second stanza, Adrian and Trevor both join in as backing vocalists, along with Bellamy. They begin to play again.

I cried till my bones
Were withered inside
Amiss heavy fools and allied by
Our sadly confessed wonders of why
Concealing the hope with what we have outside
Now I'm wondering
As how I'm surviving slowly

The chorus kicks in once again, and the strobe lights do once more. The dancers get up and dance their way into the audience, picking up twelve more planted fans to join them onstage, stunning much of the audience as everyone inside starts to get their groove on. Bellamy is dancing as she plays the guitar and sings, singing the chorus once more.

Until My Heart Cries Out
With my affection for
You

The twenty-four dancers surround the band forming a circle as the dancers spin around the band, standing and squatting as they go around in a repetitive pattern.

Secure of how I will be apparently
Who has swollen my number
By creating some other
My feelings littered with plenty of smother
Seeking some delight as you're my light
Smoother than cream ; tighter than a seam
Woah-woah-woah-woah-woahhh

A small state of pyrotechnics begin to go off as the chorus is sung one time and all of the dancers perform one last articulate dance number.

Until My Heart Cries Out
With my affection for
You

The dancers make their way back stage as the three band members make their way to centre-stage and bow for the crowd. The band yells out "Thank you Peeto, thank you WorldVision!" as they all wave as they head off stage, knowing they started off the show well.
Last edited by Yttribia on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Yttribian Confederation
Hosted
World Cup 71 | Cup of Harmony 61 | Campionato Esportiva 11 | Campionato Esportiva 15
I have some experience. Key word is some.
Find me at Gortolekua now.

Vampirum
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vampirum » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:56 pm

Infinity was the winner of the Vampirum national finals. The group was an early favorite, and eventually took the win after a successful public vote. Now they were given the opportunity to not only sing together as contract artists for the first time, but they were also about to perform in one of the biggest music competitions. Vampirians was rather disappointed after ending in second place in WorldVision 37. The Pirish Music Association hoped that the girl group would bring a new freshness to the Vampirum entry. It's the first time the nation has sent a pop song since it hosted WorldVision 28. Like always, Vampirum hoped that this could finally be their winning song.

Singers
Veronika - Red
Tasha - Orange
Riz - Blue
Zoe - Green
Marie - Gold
The entire group - Normal

The stage was originally dark. But as the girls started to perform, multicolored lights began to gradually turn on until the stage was illuminated. One of the cameras panned over the crowd before focusing onto the stage. In the center, Infinity was hidden behind separate screens with curtains that slowly rose to reveal the girls. They all stood with their backs facing the crowd and their hands on their hips. As the song started they each began snapping their fingers to the beat. While singing the song's intro, three of the girls turned around and raised their hands in the air.

If I bring you close right now
Do you think you can handle it

The other two girls turned around and raised their hands as well.

If we dance one last time

The lights flashed before several laser lights strobed across the stage. Each girl spinned around just as the first verse began and Veronika started to sing.

The lights are low
The music’s loud
Take over the floor
Just me and you

So let’s dance one more time
I’ll bring you close
I want more
You’re addicting and I need a double dose

Tasha looked into the camera and winked as she sung the next part of the verse.

(Yeah yeah)
Come on don’t be shy
(Yeah yeah)
Give this love a try
(Yeah yeah)
We’ll party all night

Lights began flashing continuously before the entire stage was filled with lights. On the screen, several abstract patterns transitioned. Fifteen female backup dancers wearing all black then walked on the stage and they all started rocking their hips as the girls sung the chorus.

Infinity then lowered themselves to the floor while rocking their hips again. The backup dancers followed their moves and they all whipped their hair to the side. The girls continued singing.

I’m holding onto you
So don’t let go
Don’t let go

And this night won’t last
Let’s make it count
Make it count

The girls then sauntered towards the left side of the stage while the backup dancers began waving their hands from side to side. The camera then focused on Riz as began singing.

Turn me on
All night long
Don’t hold back
When they play our favourite song

The girls then pose as Tasha began singing again.

(Yeah yeah)
And I can’t deny
(Yeah yeah)
Got me on a high
(Yeah yeah)
Like flying in the sky

The lights flashed rapidly before the entire stage was filled with red, white, and gray colors. Several male backup dancers appeared on stage and they, along with Infinity, and the female dancers, began to dance. Disco laser lights went out into the audience and continued dancing as the sung.

All the back up dancers slid in front of the girls just as they slid back. The male dancers wrapped their arms around the females and they leaned into the embrace.

I’m holding onto you
So don’t let go
Don’t let go

Let’s make it count
Make it count

The lights in front of the stage completely went out. The screen emitted a pink light that silhouetted the group. The melody began to slow and the girls started to hum. As Zoe began singing a single spotlight turned on her, leaving the other girls still silhouetted in the dark. She sung softly and her voice blended perfectly with the group's humming.

Come free my love
Let’s have some fun
Before it’s over

The spotlight left Zoe and illuminated Marie who pointed out into the audience and began singing.

Worldvision here we are
Shine like the stars
We'll bring you closer

The lights slowly glowed brighter and the entire group could be seen again. The dancers came back on stage and began circling them. They each started singing with all they had as they neared the ending of the song. The dancers split apart for Veronika to move forward before circling the rest of the girls again. Veronika rocked her hips slowly to the melody.

Ohhh oooh yeah

And when we get close
Handle
Ohhhhh
Do you think you can

The lights flashed for the last time and sparks shot out of the stage. The girls bent down and slowly rose up again before the background dancers did the same thing after them.

Ohhh yeahhh

The stage screen displayed a abstraction that moved in rhythm to the music. The background dancers flipped backwards and the girls walked to different parts of the stage and continued singing.

I’m holding onto you
So don’t let go
Don’t let go

Let’s make it count
Make it count

Just as the song finished another row of sparks shot out of the stage and the screen displayed a neon sign with the group's name. The audience cheered loudly as the girls stood together again and did what has quickly become one of their famous poses. Zoe was the first to speak as she waved enthusiastically at the crowd. "Multumesc, WorldVision! We love you!" Veronika blew them a kiss. "It was an honor to perform for you all tonight. Thank you!" Together with their dancers they all bowed before leaving the stage.
Last edited by Vampirum on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
---------FACTBOOKNATIONAL ANTHEMNATIONAL NEWS---------
FT NATION WITH MAGIC AND VAMPIRES
13th place - WorldVision 24
3rd place - WorldVision 25
5th place - WorldVision 26
6th place - WorldVision 28
5th place - WorldVision 29
2nd Place - WorldVision 31
2nd Place - WorldVision 37

Magazine Hottest Royals In The World Competition - 7th place

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:06 pm

03 - TALVEZOUT
ISADORA BACHELOR - 9 CIRCLES
Song is set to Amandine Bourgeois' "L'Enfer et Moi".

Isadora Bachelor, unrelated to the Bachelor twins, wrote the song as a sort of plea to her brother to stop his self-destructive and lazy lifestyle. The song is sung in Spanish as that both Isadora and her brother grew up in Spain.

Isadora is standing to the front of the stage, wearing a red ball-gown like dress. Several backing singers stand to her sides while a pool of fire is located behind Isadora, lit.

Dicen que es un pecado mortal
Paseos para arriba en tu, formal
Pero tú eres su segunda víctima

While she is singing the first part, the backing singers all converge behind her, in front of the pool. She remains unaware of their actions, and moves slightly fowards.

Así que levántate, resistir por favor
Sabes que eres mejor entonces esto
Es difícil, es malo, me dices, oh no...

Isadora then turns around to the backings, who were looking down to the floor. She begins singing the next part, in English, almost if she was singing to them. The pool of fire starts growing stronger.

You knocked me out from the start
Said you're sufficient, but you're not
And if you don't get up, you'll meet
Wrath of the 9 circles of hell

At this point, Isadora snaps back to the audience, this time singing to them. The backing singers now return to their original spots.

Y tus palabras, son muy tóxicos
Y ellos, ellos sólo me dan muy pena
"Pero estoy listo", what a classic
Auto suficiente, sólo por favor!
No me importa lo que digas
Es lo mejor para nosotros

At this point, flames from the pool of fire begin to grow even bigger. The singers slowly shy away from it, while Isadora walks fowards.

And from the depths of hell
One more complaint
And you'll see my 9 circles

And one more complaint
And then I'll see you there
You'll find your personal
9 circles of hell

At this point of the song, seemingly all hell breaks loose onstage. Isadora rips of the ball gown to reveal a metal, smaller outfit, and the backing singers all take to the front of the stage with her. Flames from the pool of fire threaten to spill over while plumes of smoke and sparks shoot out from behind the group.

Va a ser un ejército de mí
Simplemente suficiencia!
Para ser perezoso, es el peor!
Si no quieres que me encuentre
¡Entonces levántate y muévete!
Evitar mi...

All of the activity onstage calms down, as several spotlights shine on all of the performers, standing at the center of the front and looking upwards to a camera overhead.

9 círculos del infierno

Isadora, after picking up the burnt remains of her dress, gives a little speech before bowing and walking off with her group:
Despite how "great" and "cool" it may seem, please don't follow or do any self-destructive actions. They're harmful and horrible, both to you and the people around you. Still, thank you, and have a good night Peeto!

They say that it's the worst sin
It rides up to you, so formal
But you're it's next victim

So get up, resist please
You know you are better then this
It is difficult, it is bad, tell me, oh no...

And your words, they are very toxic
And they, they only give me so much grief
"But I'm ready," what a classic
Self-sufficient, please!
I don't care what you say
It is the best for us

It will be an army of me
Simply sufficiency!
To be lazy, it is the worst!
If you don't want to find me
Then get up and move on!
Avoid my...

9 circles of hell
Last edited by Talvezout on Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Esta Lloviendo
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Esta Lloviendo » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:07 pm

04 - ESTA LLOVIENDO
Isobella Bachelor
Silence

Isobella wrote the song after her feeling "lazy" following her breakup with her husband; the song was in many ways intended as a sorts of pep-song for her. The lyrics of the song also reflects the quietness that she experienced as well, with her portraying it as a sort of mantra passed down her family.

Isobella is standing in the center of the stage, with a pile of ash from the pervious performace around her. A choir of Inuit women are behind her, with the musical programmer to her side. Several spotlights begin to shine on the performers as the song starts.

Let me unravel
Let me rest
Let my silences
Sing respect

My little, emotional landscapes have
Been broken into tiny pieces, little pieces

Isobella begins walking out of the pile of ash around her, singing despite the ash staining her dress.

My silence has
Been like a charm
If it breaks
Then my world is broken

Lights begin flashing along with the song. Isobella is now kicking up the ash, allowing it float everywhere.

I'll find what makes
It all feels so special
I'll search what
Makes it enchanting

With all the ash gone now, Isobella stops kicking up it and returns back to her original position.
And then it seems so familiar, so forgiven
That it's elusiveness becomes so enamoring

This time, a single light shines on Isobella, allowing the pinned, spike-like coat she is wearing to reflect various colors out onto the audience and the stage.

My mothers and
My fathers and their
Mothers and their
Fathers

Pass down their words
In quietness
I cherish them so much
And I keep them

When I sing them my world becomes great
And when I sing them they become so magical

With the colors still reflecting, Isobella kneels down and picks up some ash left over from the previous performance. As the Inuit choir joins in her singing at the end, she looks at it before throwing it in the air after the song.

And my fathers and my mothers
Pass down their words
A mantra that is kept
The archaic futures
From my continuity and my daughter's
And her daughters
And her daughters...

All of the lights onstage fade out except for one shining on Isobella, still reflecting colors out into the audience. When all of the lights come back on, Isobella and the group thank the audience and walk out.
q
Last edited by Esta Lloviendo on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Puppet of Talvezout.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:11 pm

05. Gregoryisgodistan
Song: “We're Gonna Nuke The Sanctii Folks”
Artist: Singer 000ZLLLZUUQ3ULALA
Tune: ”America” by Neil Diamond

Singer 000ZLLLZUUQ3ULALA walks onto the stage wearing a flame-resistant suit and carrying a large bag of props and begins to sing. But first, he has something to say. “Yes, I know we’re pronouncing the Saintland demonym Sank-tee instead of Sankt-eye. But they think Jesus is pronounced Eye-ee-zus, so they probably don’t know how to pronounce their own demonym either. Therefore, we will call them Sank-tee, because that is the correct pronunciation whether they realize it or not. And also because it fits the song better. And also because they’re heathens so who cares?”

Nukes
We have lots of the nukes
We’ll nuke Saintland
And make the Sanctii puke

100 slaves dressed as Sanctii men and women walk onto the stage. Singer 000ZLLLZUUQ3ULALA takes a flamethrower out of his bag, sets the slaves on fire, and continues singing.

Die
They are going to die
We’ll nuke them all
And then they will fry

Singer 000ZLLLZUUQ3ULALA throws several bombs at the slaves, blowing them to bits and causing their flaming body parts to scatter across the venue and cause more fires. Then he throws more bombs into the audience. More slaves in Sanctii outfits then come on the stage, are set on fire, and blown to bits. Singer 000ZLLLZUUQ3ULALA then sets the front row of the audience on fire as people start to flee in terror. Unfortunately, the exits are blocked by Gregoryisgodistani military troops.

Dropping nukes from all the planes
We’re gonna nuke the Sanctii folk
They won’t be alive again
We’re gonna nuke the Sanctii folk

Bombs and flames fall from the stage, blowing up part of the stage and part of the audience. Singer 000ZLLLZUUQ3ULALA sets even more of the audience on fire as more slaves dressed as Sanctii fall from the ceiling and blow up as they are falling. Apparently they had been force fed bombs. They also catch fire as they pass through the flames on their way to the audience. This causes the fire to spread.

Death will come to them instantly
Thanks to Lord Almighty Gregory
We will blow them all up
We will blow them all up

Singer 000ZLLLZUUQ3ULALA dumps three gallons of gasoline on the fire, causing it to ignite rapidly and fill pretty much the entire venue. By now, most of the audience is dead and most of the stage is destroyed. Thankfully, Singer 000ZLLLZUUQ3ULALA is wearing a flame resistant suit so he is fine.

Death to King Petrus and Evil Queen
The lady who smells like beans
They will be nuked to bits
They will be nuked to bits

3,000 effigies of King Petrus and Queen Veronica fall from the ceiling, as do 25,000 beans representing what Queen Veronica smells like. These are all burnt instantly, releasing a large burnt bean smell.

Spread the word around the world
We’re gonna nuke the Sanctii folks
Tell all the boys and girls

Singer 000ZLLLZUUQ3ULALA dumps five more gallons of gasoline on the flames, causing a major explosion that blows the roof off the stage and causes all 5,000 slaves who had been above the trap door waiting their turn to fall down. It also causes 5,000 Sanctii flags which were supposed to be dropped later to fall down. So do 200 flags of the Holy Republican Empire. They are all ignited in the fiery inferno.

They will all die over there
Reino, too, will get his share

The Republican flags and more slaves were supposed to fall at this point, but they don’t since they already did. However, the bombs inside 2,000 of the slaves, which were on a timer, do go off and they blow up inside the inferno, making it worse.

Hooray, hooray, hooray, hooray, hooray!

The bombs inside the remaining 3,000 slaves, who were supposed to fall at this point, go off, blowing them to bits. Singer 000ZLLLZUUQ3ULALA then puts out part of the fire around him, making him more visible.

Lord Almighty Gregory
(Hooray!)
You are the one true Lord
(Hooray!)
To thee I sing
(Hooray!)
To thee I sing!
(Hooray!)
(Hooray!)
(Hooray!)
(Hooray!)
(Hooray!)

Finally, the sprinklers go off, putting out the entire fire after a 45 minute wait. Pretty much the entire audience is dead and most of the venue is reduced to ash. However, Singer 000ZLLLZUUQ3ULALA, wearing a flame resistant suit, is fine, and walks off the stage calmly.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Gregory Llama Land
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregory Llama Land » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:12 pm

06. Gregory Llama Land
Song: “I’m an Old Fart”
Singer: Gertrude McFudge
Tune: ”Theme from New York, New York” by Frank Sinatra

Gertrude McFudge walks onto the stage wearing a cardigan and wheeling a cart with a birthday cake that says “Happy 80th Birthday Gerturde” on it. There is also a large handbag filled with props on the bottom. She begins to sing.

Start spreading the news
I'm 80 today
I'm an old fart who's lost
Sight in one eye

Gertrude then struggles to remember the rest of the lyrics, realizes she forgot them, and fishes the lyric sheet sheet out of the handbag. She then spends 10 minutes rummaging through the bag looking for her glasses before someone in the audience shouts that she is wearing them. “Oh dearie me” she says, then continues to sing.

I can't find my shoes
I'm wilting away
Perhaps I will soon walk again
Before I die

Gertrude then rummages through her bag for her shoes for another 15 minutes before realizing she’s wearing them too.

I always get up
To pee while I'm asleep
I must take 70 pills
And drop in a heap

A timer in Gertrude’s handbag goes off, so she takes a break, rummages through her bag, finds a bottle of water and 48 pill bottles, then takes one pill from each bottle and uses the water to swallow them one by one. This takes 25 minutes. Finally, she continues singing.

My back really hurts
Pain shoots down my spine
With all the meds I'm on
I can't drink wine

If I can find a chair
I will nap anywhere
It's 9 PM
Good night, good night!

Gertrude sees a comfy chair on the side of the stage, and sits down in it to "rest her eyes." Three hours later, she wakes up to finish the song.

I’m old, I’m old
I am an old fart,
Where in hell are my stupid keys?
I can’t remember a thing
I’m really old, I have to pee, time for a break

Gertrude runs off the stage to take a potty break. Five minutes later, she returns to finish the song.

My frail little bones
Are in pain every day
I’m gonna take another nap because
I’m really old

Oh, here is a comfy chair
I’m gonna nap right there
I’m getting old
Good night good night

Gertrude starts walking over to the comfy chair again, but then turns back and sits on her birthday cake. Apparently with her poor eyesight she couldn’t tell the difference. She then rests her eyes again. Because the show needs to go on, a security guard wheels the card with Gertrude, the cake, and the handbag off the stage.
Last edited by Gregory Llama Land on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:21 pm

07 MISTER X

Entourage - "Don't You Know?"
Tune: Scooch - "For Sure" (edited to avoid fade out).

Entourage's career took off after WV29, despite the poor result. Mister X's biggest boyband have now been sent in to win the WorldVision crown. Josh, George, Jaymi, and JJ have said this is one of their best songs ever.

The lights are on, and whilst the lighting is mostly clear, there is a hint of blue and red amongst the lights. Josh, George, Jaymi, and JJ are all standing together, leaning on each other's shoulders. Josh and Jaymi are facing the back of the stage, whilst George and JJ are facing the phrase. Josh and Jaymi start off.

(Ba-dup-bup-baya)
(Ba-dup-bup-baya-ba-da-bup)
(Ba-dup-bup-baya)
(Ba-dup-bup-baya-ba-da-bup-ba, ow!)

Josh and Jaymi spin around suddenly. They all move slowly during this next section and crowd around George, interested as to what he has to say.

(Ba-dup-bup-baya)
(Ba-dup-bup-baya)
(Ba-dup-bup-baya...)
(Ba-dup-bup-baya-ba-da-bup, baaa...)

George starts to sing as the rest of them look at him, intrigued by his experience he is about to divulge.

One day, I saw her for a while,
And she, I thought that she didn't care,
But she is no nightmare!

They all stand up and stand in a line, with their hands by their sides (except for George, who's holding his microphone).

Next day, she saw me all alone
"Hooray", I thought, 'cause she had come
To me, twiddling my thumbs,
And now she's not alone, I told her so:

Josh, JJ, and Jaymi now join in with George for the chorus, and they all make sudden movements with their hands on the chords, as the lights also flash on each chord, before returning their hands to their sides on the chord after "know".

"I love you, don't you know?"

They all stand still for the next line, before moving to make a sudden double clap on "ba-dup-bup". George, however, doesn't sing that line.

And what she said was "yes, I know"
(Ba-dup-bup-baya-ba-da-bup, baaaa...)

George sings "is it love yet" before the others join in with the rest of the chorus. George also repeats the movements he made in the first line of the chorus.

Is it love yet? I don't know,
But I'll never let her go
I don't need to ponder 'cause
She's quite a responder,
That's for sure!

Now, only George sings the next line, before Josh, Jaymi, and JJ all crowd around him again, eager to listen to what he has to say in this fascinating tale.

There is now just one spotlight on George, with the others in half-light, and the rest of the stage goes pitch black.

Next day, I just couldn't wait,
And in May, we had our first date,
And we'll go to France
Because we'll run away, and I will say

The lights turn on, exactly as they were before, only to find an army of dancers standing there, doing exactly the same movements as the boys did in the first chorus. Again, the boys join in with them, all making sudden movements with their hands on the chords, as the lights also flash on each chord, before returning their hands to their sides on the chord after "know".

They all stand still for the next line, before moving to make a sudden double clap on "ba-dup-bup". George, however, doesn't sing that line.

Again, George sings "is it love yet" before the others join in with the rest of the chorus. George also repeats the movements he made in the first line of the chorus.

She's quite a responder,
That's for sure!

The dancing ceases and George steps down into the audience, followed by Josh, JJ, and Jaymi.

During the instrumental, the authorities struggle to hold the fans back, as the four boys start high-fiving and interacting with the audience. They make their way back to the stage during the next section.

She's quite a responder,
That's for sure!

Josh, JJ, and Jaymi start singing the backing sequence as George is still mingling with the front row of the audience, before racing back on to the stage, and stands in a line with his bandmates, with the four of them in one wide light but nothing else is.

(Ba-dup-bup-baya)
(Ba-dup-bup-baya)
(Ba-dup-bup-baya-ba-da-bup-baaa...)
(Ba-dup-bup-baya)
(Ba-dup-bup-baya)

And now she's not alone, I told her so:

This time, they all do something different, although the dancers repeat the routine before. The best way to describe it is "improvisation"; just constantly moving around the stage in a carefree manner whilst the dancing is going off behind them.

She's quite a responder,
That's for sure!

She's quite a responder,
That's for sure!

She's quite a responder,
That's for sure!

The four of them return to the front of the stage for the final line as the dancing finally ceases.

The crowd applauds as the dancers file off, and Josh thanks the crowd before Entourage also head off.
Last edited by Mister X on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:28 pm

08 MISSUS X

Rick Leg - "Oh Why, Oh Why?"
Tune: The Green Party - "Party Political Harmony"

Rick Leg's Gregoryisgodistani premonitions of WV37 caused him to have a nervous breakdown. And here, he's doing a new song, seeking forgiveness for six WorldVision entries so far.

I have to say I'm sorry 'cause I need solidarity.
Ooh...
My WorldVision entries were
Totally crap,
Oh, baby!

When you sing the same song
Over and over again, (Ahhhh)
You get ridiculed and it's totally ruined my career... (Ruined his career...)

"It's rubbish", I hear you say,
"Oh why, oh why, oh, why he?"
Who's the one who sings for Missus
X, why, it's me, and this doesn't rhyme.

Homophobia in 32,
A gay love song in 33,
Mass murder in 34,
And a one-word song in 35!
Anti-commies in 36,
25 songs in 37,
All about Maggie and Greg-ry, (ry!)
I'm their lovechild, and I'm so sorry.

I'm sorry, baby!

Rick Leggy,
Woah,
Rick Leggy,
Woah,
Rick Leggy,
Woah,
Rick Leggy,
And I want another chance!

What I want is

To have another brand new chance,
7 more years, let's make it better,
And you lot will not know what to do
When you have to vote for me or you!

There's no choice for me, it couldn't be clearer:
Leg or nothing and a country ruined,
Whether it's Missus X or someone new,
The lesser of two evils, it's what I have to do.

I love WorldVision!

"It's rubbish", I hear you say,
"Oh why, oh why, oh, why he?"
Who's the one who sings for Missus
X, why, it's me, and this doesn't rhyme!
Last edited by Missus X on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WV32: 35th
WV33: 10th
WV34: 13th
WV35: 22nd
WV36: 34th
WV37: 16th
WV38: 23rd
WV39: 30th
WV40: 18th
WV41: 22nd
WV42: 18th
WV43: 13th
WV45: 18th
WV46: 23rd
WV47: 27th
WV48: 29th
WV49: Withdrew
WV50: 17th
WV51: 17th
WV52: 19th
WV54: 26th
WV55: 20th
WV56: 21st
WV57: 13th
WV58: 23rd
WV60: 20th
WV61: 18th
WV62: 13th
WV63: 10th
WV64: 21st
WV65: 27th
WV67: 18th
WV68: 18th

Puppet of Mister X.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:53 pm

9.Britonisea.
Myla Richardson- Return
Tune- Rhythm Inside

She'll be wearing this.

Meet Myla. Myla Rchardson is a 24 year old woman who lives in Quickenden, Britonisea decided to audition for the WorldVision Song Contest in a couple of countries. Let's rewind and start from the beginning. Myla was born in Burgendore in the Britonish Commonwealth and she migrated to the mainland where she lived in Quickenden at only 7 years old. She grew up learning Old Britonish Latin and English, but English is her dominant language, luckily for her. Myla started her singing career at school, as she sang infront of her whole school of over 1,000 people. Myla was called by BVC at 21 years old and she took part in A Random Singers Dream were she got the chance to go to other countries in the World alongside 4 other unknown singers. She performed in countries such as Langor Empire, Ndaku, Mosvki and also WorldVision countries such as Ekoz, North Britonisea and our hosts Polkopia. When she arrived back 1 year later, she was getting multiple calls from television shows such as V'Issiones Channel (The WorldVision Channel), and even got a recommendation to perform at the 2nd Regional Summer Games. She doubts performing there. Anyways, she was set to audition for WorldVision 37 but heard the auditions moved to Aloquirbe and she couldn't afford to go there. She forgot it, and In 38, the auditions came back to Britonisea. She auditioned and was picked in the top 7 of the country, she performed in front of 300,000 people on television. After those voted, she was declared winner by winning 57% in the vote. She was the girl to represent Britonisea in '38. To this she named this moment she said "Absolutely thrilled. This moment is the greatest moment of my life; thank you Britonisea!". She has been practising for months and she is ready to perform.

Myla receiving her postcard, admires it.

As the base kicks in, Myla enters the stage and behind her are a crowd of people- 5 people- Five men to be exact. These men were all dressed in suit, black and white alternatively, and they stood behind her as she started to sing the lyrics to her song.
She looked at everyone sheepishly, she looked like she was waiting for something, something big. Suddenly at ten seconds, the strobe effects closed in on her as she sang.

I can feel your heart, frozen.
Next one to die, chosen.
I can smell that cheap odor.
I feel your sorry skin getting colder.
(Colder...Colder)

She smiles, she looks at the other side of the arena, she flicks her hair on the other side as Male #1 steps forward and starts to dance with her, she is trying to restrict him from touching her but the Male's #2, 3, 4 and 5 is egging #1 on, Myla doesn't like this, she is acting, so she sings with a bit more passion as she is now singing with her knees.

Wrapped up in your dreams, a Kingdom
And in it there's nothing but freedom
However some people want a referendum
You haven't realise, realised, the corruption.
(Erruption... Erruption...)

Now having an advantage over Male #1, she now pushes him out of the ring created by the strobe effects. The Lighting opens out to represent herself coming outside her cage, to represent she is free from a gaol; she wants a referendum and she wants it now. Her attitude turns as Male #2 comes to woe her in the process...Suddenly the lights faded out as her dress illuminates. Flash of white light

And as I walk, through, the path of righteousness
I can see the killer you are, a fear that you'll die next
And as I walk out of your kingdom dome
And you should fear me as,
I will return on your Kingdom's throne.
(Voice: Miss Myla Richardson is in the house)

The light flashed at the speed of...well light. And as the stadium was plunged from Darkness to light to darkness the spotlight focused on the singer as she spoke about the kingdom dome and as she said the word throne, a crown was put on her by Male #2 and Male #3 came in to the sequence as he sit next to her on the throne, suddenly the stadium turned in to a Kingdom itself. With 500 actors coming down the steps with drums singing in the background (rapapa). The stadium was magnificent. The artist wanted the audience to feel as though they were also on the stage, she started the second verse.

I will return to this Kingdom.
A treat for you when I arrive back.
It'll arrive in my sack
I know what you've done, and you can't run away, thwack
(We're going to catch you tonight!)

As the 500 men and women started to descend down to the stage's platform, A path was created by the five men, however Male #3 was in that path and Male #4 took over, he was smiling while liking arms with Myla, the spotlight returned as the sparklers showed from each end of the stadium. She loved the atmosphere, she in this next chorus she let go of Male #4 and she started to dance alongside the five males. She music base sounded al; throughout the stadium, at loud decibels. This was to be the best performance of the night so far. And the night in general.

(Voice: You're royal highness)

This is her rest period, a time where the backing singers- whom are off stage- will say hello and thank you for coming to the performance she is so much enjoying, it was a quick little break where she can definitely catch her breath and soak in her feelings she is feeling inside, the backing singers started.

(Return, returning tonight, I will return.
Return, returning tonight, I will return.
Return, returning tonight, I will return.)

Retuning tonight to my Kingdom tight.

She looked as Male #5 kissed her in the moment, she gave him a good slap around the face which expressed her feminine power. She felt alive on that stage as she walked out to shake hands with members of the public; especially the Britonish group near the left side of the stage, she was so exited to see the Britonish Flag waving for her to win the contest, if she can win the contest. If she won she would feel like her job and life skills are completed. Her goals achieved. Se belted the final stanza.

Her final was a loud one as the indoor fireworks started to display as the arena turned a magnificent orange and fire blazing from the top of the stage. She never felt more alive in her life!

The crowd appluaded her and she bowed and curtsied. "Thank-you Peeto, thank you Britonisea!" she shouted with glee before coming off the stage. She went back to her greenroom to meet her producers and the only thing she could say was, Amazing, she has finally done it. Finished. All she had to do now was wait for the result, hoping she could beat the Serpenents, who came 5th with a Britonish Record of 94 points.
Last edited by Britonisea on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Polkopia
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:16 pm

10. Polkopia

Better Than Me by Anastasia Zalovich
Language: English
Tune: Ани Лорак - Обними меня крепче

After winning the 'Best Of' edition of the Landa vy Polkopiya, Anastasia Zalovich now has won the opportunity to represent Polkopia in the Worldvision Song Contest. This is Anastasia's second try with the same entry, and the song itself had been a favorite in Anastasia's original submission, however it had fallen short by a few points. Now, however, she's back and better than ever! The song, composed by famed Polkopian songwriter, Yuri Malkov, has also been placed rather highly according to Polkopian bookies, who predict a top 10 spot for Anastasia and her song. Will Anastasia manage to bring Polkopia its fourth victory?

Anastasia Zalovich stood on the stage, wearing a beautiful, elegant black dress and her short hair was neatly styled like it had always been done. It was her signature hairstyle, so there was little doubt that she'd change it for this contest. Three backing singers accompanied Anastasia, all of whom took their place at the back of the stage, hidden from view. Anastasia herself stood on a raised, circular pedestal. An image of a rising soon shone on the background screen, and several spotlights of dark oranges and yellows illuminated the stage and the audience. Anastasia stood up to the microphone stand and began to sing as the music started playing.

One day you will stand here
And you will wonder why
You let me go

One day you will realize
That you were wrong
By hurting me

And sometimes I wonder why you ever thought that
You were the one who was right to begin with

Anastasia stuck out her hands to either side as she looked up and sang the chorus of the song, the background singers now beginning to sing along with her.

You're not better than me
Although you think you are
You couldn't be more wrong

You're not stronger than I am
'Cause I broke through it all
I healed through all the pain

And now I know what to do
Because I know the truth

So don't even try to bring me down
Oh no...

Anastasia took the microphone from the stand and lifted up her dress with one hand as she climbed down the pedestal. She walked toward the edge of the stage, continuing to sing the next verse.

All the lies you told me
Didn't mean a thing
To me at all

And how you said you'd be there
We both know you weren't
So don't even try

And sometimes I wonder why you ever thought that
You were the one who was right to begin with.

The background screen now showed images of storm clouds looming over the once-beautiful sunset. The golden spotlights also changed to different shades of dark blues and purples.

Because I know the truth

As Anastasia prepared to sing the high notes, she climbed back onto the pedestal, and crouched down low, a pained expression on her face as visuals of stormy weather and lightning were shown on the LED screens.

No, no, no, no
you won't bring me down any further.
No, no, no no....

Anastasia stood back up, and gave a weak smile as the sang the chorus again. The storm clouds eventually seemed to let up, and a sky, more beautiful than ever, was projected on the screen.

Because I know the truth

Because I know the truth

Anastasia finished the last note and was met with a tremendous applause from the audience. "Thank you Peeto! Khlavtos, Peeto!" She screamed into the microphone happily, before running off the stage.
Last edited by Polkopia on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teague
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Teague » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:19 pm

11- TEAGUE
"RUN AWAY" - Angelica Slate
TUNE

Angelica walks onstage wearing an oversized white dress. She approaches the stage with the lights focused on her so that the musicians cannot be seen performing and the focus stays on her.

As Angelica sings the opening words of her song, the entire front of her dress illuminates a reddish glow. A second later, the dress returns to its normal state. She then progresses through the intro
You tie the rope around the tree
So you don’t have to breathe
You cut yourself back down before
There’s nothing left to see
The things that brought you joy
Now don’t seem to make you feel bliss
But then you sit back and
Think ‘bout all the things you’d miss

When it gets too hard to make it through the day
You can’t fight the urge to go run away
Nothing makes it easy to remember

Angelica continues to sing with increasing intensity. Her dress turns red and makes a radial pattern of light that is then matched on the stage. It creates an optical illusion where Angelica's dress appears to encompass the entire stage.
Maybe it ain’t so bad? Maybe I just can’t leave?
Where would I go and run off to when I’m done and hurting who I love?
It just gets too much to bring myself to leave
Maybe I’ll still hang on
I just can't go off and leave it all
When I feel like I will fall
I can’t run away from me

The dress then regresses into a red front, but standard white look elsewhere. The stage turns completely black so the only visible light is being shown by Angelica's red front.
I still look back and question why I can’t shake these fears
I never thought or felt this way back in my younger years
My memories play tricks on me, and haunt me in my sleep
Telling me my future has no brighter days to seek

You know it’s hard to keep up a smiling face
When all you feel inside is a burning disgrace
And even repeating the lines don’t make you okay:

Maybe it ain’t so bad? Maybe I just can’t leave?
Maybe I’ll still hang on
I can’t run away from me

Angelica's dress front then turns to black, with the spotlights above her being the only source of light
You think again ‘bout all the things you’ redo
Remove the struggles and reinvent the new you
You try and try to find a new reason to be
But the struggle makes you feel like you won’t find peace
You’ll just fall apart eventually

Lastly, Angelica appears to illuminate an extremely bright white light, with the same optical illusion as before being present here, except in white. Angelica then progresses throughout the rest of the song with grace.
But then you remember that, there’s more to this than you
The people that you have around, deserve happiness too
And you find away, to believe it’s true:
Maybe I’ll still hang on
I can’t run away from me

Angelica says "Thank you Worldvision!" then exits the stage.
Last edited by Teague on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:42 pm

12. ELECTRUM

Song: You're Just Fine! performed by Monday's Child
Tune: Dancing Queen performed by ABBA.

The four of them go up on stage to applause, the four members are: Louisa, who has her hair down, Simone, who has her hair tied up, Michael who is on the drums (standing on the far left) and Adam on the guitar (on the far right). The two ladies are the singers, as they take centre stage. It is a disco spectacular with flashing blue, green and yellow lights whirling across the stage.

Louisa walks to the stage. "Hello Peeta, Polkopia! Please excuse our bad English, we are new immigrants to Electrum, yes? I do so love the poem Monday's Child so much, that I made it our band title. I hope you enjoy our act, yes? Let's go!"

You can beg, you can sob, nursing and mending your heart
Take a breath, walk away, and say that you're just fine!

The ladies do the shoulder shrug in unison as they twirl back and forth and shimmy at each other. The stage darkens considerably, but the lights are still as bright as ever as fog fills the stage. The ladies then hold hands and dance with each other.

Sun's just set and the night's so young
Just forget him and don't slow down
Wear your beautiful make up, get into the spirit
And put your heart out on the line
He'll be looking for the one that shines
Hold him close and intertwine
And with a dash of good luck, you've found a new friend
You'll realise you didn't need him
And you weren't ever grim...

The ladiels start moving towards opposite ends of the stage with their hands outstretched. They motion a confident lady walking on the spot, putting their hands on their chest, breaking it apart and moving the hands back in again. They regroup back in the middle of the stage.

You are the sweetest girl, you're adored, and now you're back
You're just fine, on the prowl and back on track

They waggle their fingers at the audience as they walk up a pedestal specially prepared for them as they throw confetti and streamers off stage, symbolising their happiness and freedom from that boyfriend that broke up with them.

What a change and you're confident
Make them jealous and missing you
They'll want to take you back, but you'll say no
You'll realise you didn't need him
And you weren't ever grim...

A large disco ball - creating a large light show reflecting off the ball - is lowered from the ceiling whilst the ladies are looking and dancing at each other. The boys are still on their instruments, when Adam stands up and whacks the ball with his guitar, shattering it into small pieces.

You are the sweetest girl, you're adored, and now you're back
You're just fine, on the prowl and back on track

Say that you're just fine!

They finish their song, and Simone thanks the crowd before walking out with the group off stage.
Last edited by Electrum on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Electrum Diplomatic Offices
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Electrum Diplomatic Offices » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:45 pm

13. ELECTRUM DIPLOMATIC OFFICES

Song: Communists performed by Official Liberty Party Cabinet Members
Tune: Computer Games by Mi-Sex

Four band members walk on stage and start setting up. Takumi Itsuki, the lone male, stands next to the microphone and has the computer mix beside him. The lady in the far left of the photo, Ilaria Salvay, is on the keyboard/synthesizer, the lady in the middle is Jane McCallahan on the drums, and the lady on the far right is Nina Spring, who is on the guitar.

Jane McCallahan, Electrum's deputy Prime Minister speaks:

"Hello everyone! We are the four members of the Liberty Party that make up some of the Cabinet in Electrum's government. Takumi is the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade, Ilaria is the Attorney General and Minister for Justice and Nina Spring is the Minister for Sports, the Arts and Culture. And of course, me, Jane McCallahan, the Deputy Prime Minister of Electrum, the leader of the Liberty Party, and a member of the Electrum cabinet and government.

We realised that the Diplomatic Offices kept sending the same guard over and over again, so it was decided that we had to send actual politicians to represent the diplomatic offices. And since Takumi Itsuki is the Minister for Foreign Affairs, he was chosen to sing it, but then he forced us into it as well. This song is all about the dangers of the world's most dangerous and neurotic ideologies -- Communism. We hope you enjoy the song, and we hope the communist countries that see this song truly realise their economic pains, so that they can unshackle themselves from government nationalisation and inefficiency. We provide some economic arguments in song form, including allocative and technical efficiency, consumer sovereignty, the lack of innovation, stagflation because of lack of innovation, due to a reduction in Aggregate Supply and why Capitalists are always richer (a hint -- more profits and more money)."

Who failed in economics? That's correct Karl Marx did,
As he created the world's worst idea
That some have bought into
Get a message to those in charge
Fiscal inefficiency
There's no innovation because of the state
Forcing those to do their bidding

Com-mu-mu-mu-mu-mu-mu-mu-mu-mu-mu, Communism!

While they are singing, the whole screen behind them turns into an economic classroom with graphs on aggregate supply and demand, microeconomic graphs, production possibility frontiers, the circular flow of the economy, the business cycle....

The state's benevolent, they say
'Cause they know what's right
But what about the idea of consumer sovereignty?
Maximise allocative efficiency
No point to dream big or make things better
'Cause the gov's taking it away

During the long part between verses, the singer, Takumi Itsuki goes up on a large pedestal on stage, and yells, "THESE ARE THE FRUITS OF CAPITALISM," whilst simultaneously throwing both coins and Electrum synergies/banknotes/cheques onto the audience. "Don't let those filthy communists redistribute money!"

Without profit opportunity
You're going to stagflate
They want to steal our hard work
Capitalism's never a jerk
Inevitable they fall off
Communists don't care
As capitalists are always rich
Cause they'll never admit they're wrong

Com-mu-ni-sm

They get ready to walk off but not before throwing some more coins and money into the audience, whilst the cannons they brought on stage throw out balls of real money, making the audience scramble and fight over them. Jane McCallahan runs back to the stage and says "CAPITALISM BITCHES"
Last edited by Electrum Diplomatic Offices on Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Manager of Electrum Commerce: co-owner of Air Terranea, co-owner of Dream Games (thread) and manages the Electrum Airports Authority
Shocking at WorldVision
Electrum Statistics Office and Electrum Embassy Programme

Silkjd
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Silkjd » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:46 pm

14 Silkjd's Entry
Man Ka-wai, Jeremy Yu Wing-hing, Kelvin Chung Yiu-yan-年少有志

Tune:Moses Chan, Bowie Lam and Kenny Wong-年少無知
Translation of title:Youths have ambition
Ka-wai, Jeremy and Kelvin in the stage play the prelude of the song, Ka-wai is the drummer and the other two are the guitarists. First, Jeremy plays the guitar to introduce the entry. Then, Ka-wai starts playing drums and Kelvin starts playing guitar too. Then, they starts their first verse of song:
M:年少多好 元氣多好 不甘安於這個制度裡 願有志氣推倒這道理
如果他好 人命可保 只想一生擁有這志氣 來叛倒這封建遺氣
只可惜生命是這麼婉折 只可惜生命是這麼近變
J:年少多好 遙見多好 不惜一生抵抗制度裡 蹈火中洗去這怨訴
志氣多好 無法得到 爭執不必講究有回報 人世中只會有權耗
只可惜生活是一聲發泄 只可惜生活沒怎麼意志 怎得到
All:如果命運能選擇 現實可終有志願生這世上更好辦
如果活著能坦白 現在竟可以約定一生抱負意志中出發

Translation: (Please refer to Chinese lyrics if you know Chinese, sorry for my bad English)
M:Youths are good, vitality is good. They are unwilling in this system and have ambitions to overthrow this sense.
If they are all good, lives can be saved. I only want the ambition in my life in order to fight against the feudal remains
Unfortunately, life is twisted and changed frequently
J:Youths are good, ambition is good. They tend to resist the system at last, to eliminate the grievances in totalitarianism
Unfortunately, life is a vent and unambitious, how can we do that?
All: If we can choose fate, there will be having aspirations which makes the world better
If living can be frank, we can now promise our wills and turn a leap ahead towards them.

Then, three singers received cheers and everyone in the venue clap their hands. Meanwhile, the screen of the venue shows the youths fulfilling their dreams in Silkjd. After that, Kelvin starts the second stanza.
K:年少多好 叛變多好 一生不惜走到這步數 埋上了這意志命數
年歲增長 回望這討 只知一生不會有錯 夢想可得到
All:如果命運能選擇 現實可終有這樣總會有夢可瀟洒
如果活著能坦白 現在將可遠見自己的前途無定數
如果現實能演習 現實中總可有這一次決定無用困惑
留守你的想法 要試想一生中可怎麼決定時代的鞭韃

Translation:
K:Youths are good, renegade is good. They do not hesitate to go their ways and have ambition to do it.
After growing up and looking back to the past, I know I didn't do wrong things in my life and my dream has come true.
All:If we can choose fate, there will have dreams showing off in the truth
If living can be frank, we know that our future is not determined
If truth can be rehearsed, the truth would have decisions you do not have to be determined
Keep your thoughts and think you can desire how your generation's development in your life.

After the singing, three singers shouts to the audience when they continues playing instruments, "Thank you, Peeto!" and wave to the audience. The audience make a big round of applause towards them. Then, they leaves the stage with their instruments.
Last edited by Silkjd on Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:13 am, edited 11 times in total.

Silkjdian Mainland Asia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Silkjdian Mainland Asia » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:48 pm

15- Silkjdian Mainland Asia's Entry
Silkjd Pre-Gregoryisgodistani Choir-果戈理是永遠的神

Tune:大海航行靠舵手
Translation of title:Gregory is God Forever
Silkjdian Pre-Gregoryisgodistani Choir eat gruel rations and drink prune juice first before they sing. Then, they group together, bow to Lord Almighty Gregory and then start their singing.
果戈理是永遠的神
我們永遠崇敬祂
祂消滅了聖地走狗
祂將英王國人消滅乾淨
祂給我們西梅汁
祂給我們稀粥
世上最好的是果戈理
果戈理祂是永遠的神
(reprises once more, then sings last four sentences the third time)

Translation:
Gregory is God forever
We worship him forever
He eliminates lackeys of Saintland
He wipes out all people in Britonisea
He gives us prune juice
He gives us gruel rations
There is no one better than Lord Gregory
Gregory,he is God forever!

Then, the choir bow to Lord Almighty Gregory once again and then burn national flags of enemies of Gregoryisgodistan. After burning all the flags, they wear Fireproof clothing and leave the stage.
Last edited by Silkjdian Mainland Asia on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Silkjd
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Silkjd » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:00 pm

九評果戈理是神國
NINE COMMENTARIES ON GREGORYISGODISTAN

In order to let people know the truth of Gregoryisgodistan, SSTV unites with Free Gregland Society of Silkjd to make an-hour long documentary called "Nine Commentaries on Gregoryisgodistan". It will be played during Gregoryisgodistani entry by personal crystal. In order to be able to listen to the documentary, please set your devices on the back of your seat in front of you and make sure the volume is functioning appropriately. We appreciate your consideration to know the truth of Gregoryisgodistan.
During the entry

Introduction
Commentary 1:On Who the so-called "Lord Almighty Gregory" Is
Commentary 2:On the Beginnings of Gregoryisgodistan
Commentary 3:On the Tyranny of Gregoryisgodistan
During the burning

Commentary 4:On How Gregoryisgodistan Opposes the Universal Values
Commentary 5:On the so-called "Lord Almighty Gregory" to Persecute criticisms
Commentary 6:On How Gregoryisgodistan Destroyed Traditional Culture
Commentary 7:On the Gregoryisgodistani History of Killing
Commentary 8:On How the so-called "Lord Almighty Gregory" Is not encouraged
Commentary 9:On the Unscrupulous Nature of Gregoryisgodistan
Last edited by Silkjd on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

Silkjd
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Silkjd » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:00 pm

第三十八屆世界歌唱大賽-世逸陽光電視中文評述

主持:方秀華、郭嘉良
方:各位,歡迎來到皮各皮亞皮多,參加第三十八屆世界歌唱大賽!我是方秀華。
郭:我是郭嘉良。
方:今屆世界歌唱大賽,以「釋放內在音」為主題,這個也可以反映在開場音樂上。
(開場音樂)
方:今屆開場音樂叫「重歸皮多」,其實皮多亦曾經舉辦過世界歌唱大賽。是嗎,郭嘉良?
郭:是的,皮多曾舉辦第二十五屆,今次是第二次舉辦。但那次是我和蕭長興、趙遠華在特洛伊街評述的,這次是我第一次踏進皮多。
方:真是女大十八變,皮多已變得面目全非了。是的,說起這次開場音樂,我覺得有一種「回家真好」的感覺。
郭:畢竟再次舉辦嘛。可是,今屆開場音樂實在有點過於高興,所以編曲方面不好,還需多加改善。
方:那好,事不宜遲,第一位參賽者出場!
(1 悠茨巴)
(預留)
(2 吸血鬼國)
郭:組合能夠帶到全場的氣氛,看來差不到那裡去。
(3 塔夫周)
方:自認為這個作品可塑性高,但節奏有點過慢了。
郭:是的,節奏過慢,導致歌出來的效果不好。
(4 艾斯達盧凡多)
方:不堪入耳。
郭:我又這麼覺得。
(5 果戈理是神國)
方:我也不期望果戈理是神國的歌會是其他內容了。
郭:但曲我倒覺得不錯,是詞把歌毀了。
(6 果戈理駱駝國)
方:同樣歌曲不錯,但由一個阿婆唱就...
郭:就是了,如果祝壽,我祝她福如東海、壽比南山,但歌唱比賽的話,不好聽那句,叫她收山吧。
(7 X先生)
方:好歌,但開頭太長了。
(8 X太太)
方:終於他都承認自己可怕了吧!
郭:果真是,這七屆也忍夠了,不知X太太領導人和Rick Leg有甚麼關係?
(9 不列顛海[英王國])
方:超乎預期地好。
郭:看過幾屆他們的表現,總希望The Serpentents能復出為國出征。但她的表現也不錯。
(10 皮各皮亞)
方:今屆東道主,表現尚佳,但非最好。
郭:如果歌詞稍作修改更佳。
(11 泰格)
郭:歌是好,曲詞均十分出色,但是歌手唱得有點失準是事實。
(12 電金)
方:簡直繞樑三日!
郭:那又太誇張了。但他們各方面都駕馭得十分出色,不愧是佳作。
(13 電金駐外機構)
郭:反共反過頭了。
方:他們是否法輪功學員?
郭:我不是政治評論員,但法輪功學員是文化反共,但他們是經濟反共,所以應該不是。
(14 世逸)
方:今屆世逸的曲很好,但詞有點寫得不好。
郭:是的,所以出來的效果很怪。
方:首先要提醒電視機前的觀眾,稍後投票時是不可以投世逸的。
(15 世屬亞洲大陸)
方:說開,他們曾入我們的半決賽,不知道世屬亞洲大陸看中了他們甚麼。
郭:但肯定的是,果戈理不是神,更不是永遠的神。

WorldVision Song Contest 38(SSTV English Commentary)

Host:David Thompson, Mavis Mendoza
D:Hi, welcome to Peeto, Polkopia joining WorldVision Song Contest 38!I'm David Thompson!
M:And I'm Mavis Mendoza!
D:It's the second time WorldVision hosts in Peeto, the first time is the 25th. It has changed a lot since 25th edition of WorldVision.
M:So, let's talk about opening act, shall we?
(The Opening Act)
M:The song is called "Return to Peeto", it reflects the theme of today's contest!
D:Why?
M:It's the second time of Peeto to host WorldVision, they have the feelings of "returning home is good!"
D:That makes senses. The first entry belongs to Yttribia!
(1 Yttribia)
(RESERVED)
(2 Vampirium)
D: It will not be a bad entry as you can see the band has aroused the whole atmosphere of the venue!
(3 Talvezout)
M:The song is quite good, but the arrangement didn't do well.
D:I think so, as the rhythm is too slow, it makes the coordination of the song and the lyrics didn't go well.
(4 Esta Lloviendo)
M:Is this a song that can be listened?
D:Absolutely not!
(5 Gregoryisgodistan)
M:I have expected what Gregoryisgodistani entry talks about.
D:But I think the melody sounds good.
(6 Gregory Llama Land)
D:An old woman uses WorldVision as a platform to celebrate her birthday?
M:I wish her a happy birthday but I also hope her not coming to WorldVision again!
(7 Mister X)
D:A good song.
M:But the prelude is too long!
(8 Missus X)
D:He has recognized that his songs are not welcomed!
M:I don't want other seven years! I think leaders of Missus X have relations with Rick Leg!
(9 Britonisea)
D:Better than expected!
M:She sings quite good, but I want to see if The Serpentents are returning.
(10 Polkopia)
D:Host of today, quite good but not the best.
M:If lyrics can be modified, that will be better.
(11 Teague)
D: The song is good, but the singer is misaligned
(12 Electrum)
D:It is a perfect song!
M:That's too exaggerated. But it's undeniable that they sings well.
(13 Electrum Diplomatic Offices)
D:An anti-communist song, are they Falun Gong learners?
M:I don't think so. Falun Gong oppose communism by cultural means but they oppose it by economic means.
(14 Silkjd)
D:The tune is good but the lyrics are not written well.
M:I think so. It sounds strange.
D:A reminder for audience, you cannot vote Silkjd during voting.
(15 Silkjdian Mainland Asia)
D:They had participated in our singing contest before, is that right?
M:They were eliminated in the semifinal. I don't know why SMABA* fancies them.
D:But one thing is undeniable- Gregory is not god, not ever after.
*SMABA-Silkjdian Mainland Asia Broadcasting Authority, the official broadcaster of Silkjdian Mainland Asia and the official broadcaster of WorldVision in SMA.
Last edited by Silkjd on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Coreyo Entertainment
Secretary

Founded: Mar 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Coreyo Entertainment » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:34 pm

16. Coreyo

In the middle of the stage, there is a wooden bench and a streetlight lighting the stage. A man(singer 1) walks from the right side of the stage into the center, where the bench is placed, as the song begins.

Season after season,
sadness lingers in my heart,
Without any reason,
I feel bitterness and tart.

I'm singing with glo-oo-m,
Tears come out, sorrow enters,
Nothing will make me feel better. Oh, oh.

Then, another man(singer 2) walks into the stage from the left side of the stage to the center, where the bench is placed, and sits down on the bench as he sings.

You and I,
meet for the first time,
and I strive to be nice,
but you wouldn't even look at me.

Patience is a virtue,
so I try it out,
but it doesn't work,
can't you see?

Then, another man(singer 3) walks into the stage from behind to the center just behind the bench.

Strikingly beautiful and gentle,
Who wouldn't fall in love?
It's an automatic,
a fantasy.

I can think of just,
many things to do,
with you as,
I'm in ecstasy.

Singer 1 starts to sing again, as singer 2 and singer 3 provide harmony to the music Singer 1 is singing.

Maybe I shouldn't have met you,
Maybe I shouldn't have seen you,
My heart says yes; you say no,
You're so cap-ti-va-ting; just please let me go.

Singer 1 continues to sing, and singers 2 and 3 continue to provide harmony to what Singer 1 is singing.

Season after season,
Without any reason,

Singer 2 sings alone, now standing up in front of the bench.

I can feel the trauma, spreading through my head,
I wish I had felt just dead,
Wish I were free like the fauna, free without woe,
I beg you; please just let me go.

Maybe the fate's not on our side,
bringing us, two just right,
It's a given, it's a fact,
I should accept.

Starting to feel enraged at times,
Why are you neglecting me?
What have I done to you,
but to be in love?

Singer 1 starts to sing again, as singer 2 and singer 3 provide harmony to the music Singer 1 is singing.

Maybe I shouldn't have met you,
Maybe I shouldn't have seen you,
My heart says yes; you say no,
You're so cap-ti-va-ting; just please let me go.

Singer 1 continues to sing, and singers 2 and 3 continue to provide harmony to what Singer 1 is singing.

Season after season,
Without any reason,

Singer 3 sings, and the spotlight is on Singer 3 with the entire stage in darkness.

Even tonight, when I try to sleep, though I can't sleep,
I will think of you.
Even if I sleep and I have a dream,
I will picture you as you get close to me.

Singer 1,2, and 3 sing together in harmony.

Song ends, and the crowd gives a shout and chants out, "En-tro-py!"
Check out: Coreyo (Main nation)
Coreyo Sports (Bureau of Sports of Coreyo)

WV38: Entropy - Gloom (17/37 - 55 Points)
WV39: New Evolution - Pretty (20/45 - 52 Points)
WV40: Girls' Era - Dance (34/44 - 24 Points)

WHF16: Entropy - Gloom (3/9 - 19 Points)
WHF17: New Evolution - Pretty (9/12 - 10 Points)
WHF18: After Obstacles - MM (12/18 - 9 Points)

Chameliya
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chameliya » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:41 pm

Chámelíyá
Gravity - Meriná Thápa
Careless - Alex Winston

The arena began pulsing with white light as the beat of the song began and the stage backdrop was dimly lit with a faded constellation. An aerial camera panned into Meriná Thápa lying down face up in a simple white dress. The dress from the hips down was inserted into a sleeve of white fabric which extended her dress and was spread out in a circle on the floor so that Meriná was lying on it with her hair spread out. She looked up at the camera and sang into her microphone with a voice so crisp it sounded like it could shatter and deep wide eyes.

Weightless, overwhelm me
‘Cos I’m nearing the edge
And in the darkness hold me, luminate me
In your still light instead

Meriná rolled to her side. The camera cut to a sideview of her, rotated to make the stage look like a vertical wall. Meriná reached out her arm towards the camera as if to caress it, only to withdraw it back again.

We are stars; you say we shone before we’re born; we stand
And I can feel you taking my hand
It’s not the first time
Not the last time, woah

Meriná rolled back so that she was once again looking at the aerial camera. Singing the chorus strongly, she reached up for the camera and bent her legs, giving the impression she was trying to get up off the floor in a zero-gravity environment.

You’re reaching for me, I feel your force
Velocity is growing more
You’re making me see stars
Feel blood rush to my heart
Orbiting ‘round like never before
When I’m with you, you make me soar
I am Venus, you’re Mars
There’s been no love like ours, baby
Like ours, baby

Giving up trying to get up, Meriná rolled to her other side, where she was met by another camera, and brought up her knees to curl up into a ball. However, instead of trying to reach for the camera, this time she simply held herself, tenderly stroking her arm.

The lights, the senses are false pretences
Disguise our true worth but
When I’m in your presence, I feel your spectrum
Enlighten me more

With a single movement, Meriná shifted from a position on her side on the floor so that she was facing the audience on her knees. She looked into the camera which was positioned directly in front of her at her height and spread out her wings as if she were an eagle.

We are stars; you say we shone before we’re born; we stand
It’s not the first time
Not the last time, woah

Finally, with one last push, Meriná stood up and began belting out the chorus to the prompt applause and cheers of the audience. An aerial camera panned out from her, showing Meriná and the full splendour of her extended dress. and revealing four pairs of contemporary dancers dress in white and arranged in a semi-circle behind Meriná around the back of the stage doing an elaborate routine; the men throwing the women into the air and catching them again.

Velocity is growing more
I am Venus, you’re Mars
Your gravity, your gravity, your gravity, I feel your force
Your gravity, your gravity, your gravity, baby

The eight dancers finished their routines and moved towards the edge of Meriná's extended dress and began to dance and circle around her. Meriná in the midst of this faced out through the dancers and into a camera, her image flashing as the dancers whirled past. Her voice was soft as she sang the bridge.

We collide, you feel my heart; I end where you start
We collide, I feel your heart; you end where I start

The circle slowed down, and the men broke off and stepped towards Meriná. The women joined in with the bridge and continued their dance, this time slower and more graceful.

Never meant to be apart; we end where we start

Suddenly, the men lifted up Meriná out of the sleeve of the extended dress which fell to the floor leaving just the shorter dress and held her on their shoulders. Surrounded by the circling dancers and perched on the men's shoulders she gave the impression of a queen ascending to a throne. Reaching out into the audience she began to sing the chorus for the last time which reciprocated with roars and cheers.

Velocity is growing more
I am Venus, you’re Mars

The men put Meriná down again and with their partners moved away from the centre of the stage leaving Merina alone standing on the circle of white material that had been her dress. Petals began to shower down on Meriná as she sang the last few lines with all she had with the female dancers singing the bridge in the background.

Weightless, overwhelm me
‘Cos I’m nearing the edge
And in the darkness hold me, luminate me
In your still light instead
You say we’ll stand, oh

The camera turned to slow motion, filming Meriná standing in the shower of petals, some landing in her hair, as she looked into it with the same deep eyes she had started with. The chorus of female dancers, still unseen, could be heard singing the last line.

As the song came to an end, the audience once more began to cheer and applaud for her. Meriná, a little out of breath shouted 'Thank you!' into the microphone before she had to walk off in time for the next act.
Last edited by Chameliya on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chámelíyá Adhirájya | Kingdom of Chameliya
Om Mani Padme Húñ | Hail to the Jewel in the Lotus

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:50 pm

18 THE SWORD BLOKE
Shop Owner - Dancing Death
Tune: Verka Serduchka, Dancing Lasha Tumbai

Shop Owner walks onto the stage with a cannon and a 40m long ninja sword, joined by about 1,000 Swordean Terrorists. He then burns one of the terrorists from the privates, then starts singing.
Hello everybody, my name is Shop-pa the Owner
Me Swordean dictator
Let's speak Sword

He then gives a terrorist dressed up in Eljamie's national colours a beating, after comments made by the Elejamie TV Commentators in defence of beer last edition.
You're brave enough to lodge an appeal
But I refuse it; You will DIE DIE!
You look like you're one for beatings!
DIE, DIE, DIE!

He then offers a kill to a man dressed in Gregoryisgodistani national colours, as the man gives this next terrorist spiked beer.
What is the problem with being killed?
You are just going to DIE DIE!
Don't you want to fly at all?
Well, just DIE DIE DIE!
Dance Dead!

He then kills one hundred terrorists with his ninja sword, before inviting 20 Swordean children to dance around the dead bodies. He then strangles another terrorist, who claims he won't be killed.
No livin'...
Ooh ooh...

You're going to meet your maker
Me, cos you'll DIE DIE!
You cannot fool me at all!
So DIE DIE DIE!

The clouds will not like you at all
They'll eat your spirit UP UP!
Get your hopes into da DUMP DUMP!
Cos you will DIE DIE DIE!
Dance Dead!

Shop Owner then pulls a terrorists pants down to reveal Saintland Underpants. That terrorists is then killed after being shot in the head by a firing squad.
Im not thinkin'!
No, no, no!
You chance is gone!

He then draws a big, fat red X on the chest of another terrorists, who is then killed by the ninja sword, his head then given to the crows behind the stage.
I want to see you die-e-i
I want to see...
I hate you

I want to see, all innocents die!
I want to see...
Yo dead body dancin'!

Ya, ta, ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta! Ta, ta, ta ta ta ta ta ta ta! Ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta!

I want to see...
I hate you

Shop Owner then injects poison into another terrorist.
I want to see, YO DEAD BODY DANCIN'!

Shop Owner then kills all the other terrorists within 2 secs with the ninja sword as he then burns flags of nations from all over Esportiva. Well, the non evil nations at least.
Peace-sky! Peace-sky!
No no no! Polkopia!
Sword Bloke the evil? (EVIL!)
The Sword Bloke a good guy? (NO NO NO!)
Dancing Death-O!

Wa, wa, wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa! Wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa! Wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa! Wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa!

Okay, hit me up.

He then detonates a bomb dropped from a Saintlandish God from the sky, in the hope to kill the Immortal Shop Owner. Shop Owner then farewells the crowd, after stating that Elejamie's commentators are not allowed to make comments about Swordean use of beer from now on. He is then reported to have afterwards killed about 9,980 Volcanoc residents who hate him. He is then reported to have gone to a cocktail party with Lord Almighty Gregory.
Last edited by The Sword Bloke on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Skulltrenia
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skulltrenia » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:58 pm

19 SKULLTRENIA RESERVED

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreamplanet » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:43 pm

20-Dreamplanet
Anna Williams, one of the most iconic singers in Dreamplanet, she was one of the main reasons Dreamplanet entered Worldvision in 37. After a close round of voting, she was chosen to represent Dreamplanet, how far will she go?
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4S8rSg8DyE
As she walks in, she is in handcuffs and in a prision shirt. (A striped shirt with random numbers in it? Is that ok?). And the lights are dark.
0:09
In a world full of war.
Happiness is getting rare.
And we were together
But because of war we were torn apart.
And for all this time.
I've been missing you.
And i had a dream which is now lost.
As a new day dawns...
0:41
We'll be together,
forever
We'll be together forever.
And forget all the pain.
And we're knowing we're together.
We'll be together,
forever
We'll be together forever.
And forget all the pain.

The lights switch from dark to orange than blue
1:13
As all these days go through.
We're apart by war.
And we wept for eachother
Thinking when is it over?
And all the suffering and
how much we got heart broken.
But when you're mine again it'll be ok again!

She removes and throws out the prision shirt to reveal a stunning white dress and takes off the handcuffs
1:42
We are together,
forever
We're together forever.
And forget all the pain.
We are be together,
forever
We're together forever.
And forget all the pain.

The lights switch from dark to bright
2:23
And We are together!
Finally happy!
With peace in the world!
With true happiness!
When we're together!
2:46
We're together forever!
Forever happy!
Last edited by Dreamplanet on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Brittanny
Secretary

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Brittanny » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:18 am

21- Brittanny
Bishop Odo and The Priests - Join The Church of Brittanny
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zpYQJkBQp0

Bishop Odo and The Priests, his backing singers, were brought in after the originally intended act were killed in an aeroplane crash. They decided to capitalise on this opportunity to spread religion, hence this song.

As the song begins, the background shows a cross with a dazzling light. The priests, wearing priestly clothes, are already waiting on the stage, shaking their hands and standing back as Bishop Odo, wearing traditional bishop garments, flies in, appearing from the light of the cross.
The Priests' lyrics are shown in Red
Join, Join Us
Join, Join us
Join,
(Join Us) Join Us
Join, Join Us

The Priests go to their stands as Odo begins to sing his song. They swing in time to the music. The lights are dimmed so they don't dazzle the audience.
Hello Worldvision, I'm Bishop Odo
And I come from the Church of Brittanny
I'm here to teach you heathens about our lord
And to talk about our religion
Read our scriptures, they are fun
And soon you will learn what is right
We are only concerned with your wellbeing
We want to help you all live a good life
So please don't laugh and please don't jeer
Please just hear us out
We just want you to hear our voice
And to give you another choice
So I say to you, "Give Us A Chance"
Just spend a few minutes to learn about us
We're not going to kill you, or enslave you
We just being neighbourly and we want to help you

As the chorus begins, the priests walk forward and take centre stage as they sing the song, whereas Bishop Odo hands out pamphlets about the church and generally grooves to the music

Join The Church of Brittanny
You'll see it's not so bad
We just want to have a good time
Just read our holy books
And worship our lord Andrew
And help out at the church sales

Come on People, just listen a few minutes
We just want to spread a message
Join Us!

The Priests return to the back and Odo to the centre, and he begins to sing again

There's none of that awful no sex stuff
Just be free and just be cool
We aren't intolerant of gays or Jews
Or anyone else, that has to be good news
Eat what you want and see who you want
But just try not to break the law
But there are still a few things you need to do
Like sharing with others or helping the poor
There's just one thing we need to clear up
That awful man Gregory isn't no God
He's a phony who tries to hide the truth
And he lies to his people and does other stuff
Now that we have sorted that out
We can party and we can have fun
Come on, just come on
Just have fun learning and partying with me

As the chorus begins, Odo pulls off his robes to show a blue suit and he begins dancing to the music, whilst getting the audience involved with the chorus and handing out more pamphlets.

Just read our holy books

Come on People, just listen a few minutes
We just want to spread a message

As the semi-instrumental bit begins, the priests come back to the front and begins dancing and continue with their backing vocals (which I'm not going to write as it must be pretty obvious). Then, when the full instrumental begins, they rip of their clothes, each now wearing only wearing their briefs, receiving a cheer from both men and women in the audience. Poles appear and the men start dancing. As the songs begins to return to another verse, they leave the poles but continue dancing whilst providing backing vocals.

Come on people, just listen
So don't you see? We aren't so bad
And we aren't completely mad
Just remember to be kind to other
And then good things will happen to you (Odo winks cheekily at this point)
Our religion helps us live
Whether in the day or during the night
And when everyone is feeling blue
We will come and give your live some groove
And our lord looks favourably on you
So there's no need to feel blue
Thank you people, have a good night
And don't forget to join us soon

As the chorus begins for the final time, the backing dancers walk towards Odo and start dancing around him in a sexual manner.
Just read our holy books

Thank you people, have a good night
And don't forget to join us soon
We just want to have a good time...

As the song ends, Bishop Odo and The Priests take a bow with much cheering and applause from the audience before thanking them and walking off so the next act could get ready.
Last edited by Brittanny on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates