NATION

PASSWORD

The United Left [OOC|SIGN-UP|6.0]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cyllea
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:30 pm

Zunkwentania wrote:
Cyllea wrote:Most former members don't even know that this thread exists, and now that the purge happened, there's no real way to inform them. And apparently veterans of the UL can be 'denied' while reaffirming membership.

Just like any other members. Seniority does not grant superiority.

No, but apparently purging hundreds of people and coming to power by default does. :roll:

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Cyllea wrote:
Zunkwentania wrote:It is up for debate. As commissars, we have the power to remove anyone, no matter how long they have stood.

To the best of my understanding as a former commissar, commissars have the per to implement policies. They do not have the power to remove members, unless you can show me a source claiming otherwise.

The UL is kind of an elective dictatorship.

The Council of Commissars act like a dictatorship (i.e. they have unlimited power as a group), but are democratically elected and thus responsible to the greater UL. At least I think that is how it works.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Cyllea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:32 pm

Ardoki wrote:
Cyllea wrote:
To the best of my understanding as a former commissar, commissars have the per to implement policies. They do not have the power to remove members, unless you can show me a source claiming otherwise.

The UL is kind of an elective dictatorship.

The Council of Commissars act like a dictatorship (i.e. they have unlimited power as a group), but are democratically elected and thus responsible to the greater UL. At least I think that is how it works.

That's not what I was told when I was comissar.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:35 pm

Cyllea wrote:
Ardoki wrote:The UL is kind of an elective dictatorship.

Well there is no institution which can check the power of the Commissars. So it is a logical assumption.

I think you should be able to recall them if they violate the constitution.

Cyllea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Ardoki wrote:
Cyllea wrote:

Well there is no institution which can check the power of the Commissars. So it is a logical assumption.

I think you should be able to recall them if they violate the constitution.

Pretty sure boji can check the commissars

Cyllea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:41 pm

The UL Administrator wrote:FYI, I have re added Bojikami. Never was an attempt at a coup made; it was a simple administrative oversight

-Zunkwentania

If the administration can't remember to add the most important person in the UL, perhaps they aren't fit to rule.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:45 pm

Cyllea wrote:
The UL Administrator wrote:FYI, I have re added Bojikami. Never was an attempt at a coup made; it was a simple administrative oversight

-Zunkwentania

If the administration can't remember to add the most important person in the UL, perhaps they aren't fit to rule.

While Boji was the founder, that doesn't make him any more important than other members. Besides, he hasn't been very active.
We all know who the most important person in UL history was, and she is no longer part of it. The UL and its members are more important than any one members.

Alosteq Diin Nastja
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alosteq Diin Nastja » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:59 pm

-Zunkwentania

Sorry about that. Forgot he existed due to his extreme inactivity in the UL as of late. I think he's posted in this thread once.
Cyllea wrote:

-Zunkwentania

Cyllea wrote:

Maybe it's because, as I said above, he's made only one god-damn post in this entire thread. If you have a problem with being removed from the UL, you should reform your nation to have better civil rights. And if you don't want to do that, you can get out. Now.
☆ marxist-leninist ☆
hands off venezuela! solidarity with maduro!

Cyllea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:03 pm

Alosteq Diin Nastja wrote:

-Zunkwentania

Sorry about that. Forgot he existed due to his extreme inactivity in the UL as of late. I think he's posted in this thread once.
Cyllea wrote:

Maybe it's because, as I said above, he's made only one god-damn post in this entire thread. If you have a problem with being removed from the UL, you should reform your nation to have better civil rights. And if you don't want to do that, you can get out. Now.

No, I'm good. The United Left has, since its very existence, accepted all leftist nations without major human rights violations such as genocide or slavery; if you want an ultra-liberal alliance, YOU get out. You are violating the Most basic UL policies right now.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Cyllea wrote:
Alosteq Diin Nastja wrote:Sorry about that. Forgot he existed due to his extreme inactivity in the UL as of late. I think he's posted in this thread once.

No, I'm good. The United Left has, since its very existence, accepted all leftist nations without major human rights violations such as genocide or slavery; if you want an ultra-liberal alliance, YOU get out. You are violating the Most basic UL policies right now.

The UL has reformed.

Everyone has a right to not believe in superstition.
Last edited by Ardoki on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:07 pm

Cyllea wrote:
Alosteq Diin Nastja wrote:Sorry about that. Forgot he existed due to his extreme inactivity in the UL as of late. I think he's posted in this thread once.

How about you calm down? Observers and regular forum goers alike are sick of seeing you blow a fuse at every single little damned thing that you find wrong.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL RND 2: NYR 1 - 0 CAR | VAN 0 - 0 EDM | FLA 0 - 0 BOS | DAL 0 - 0 COL
NCAA MBB: Tulane 26-22 | LSU 31-18 || NCAA WSB: LSU 38-14

Alosteq Diin Nastja
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alosteq Diin Nastja » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:08 pm

Cyllea wrote:

I am one of the most senior members in the alliance, having been a member much longer than you (Only saying this because seniority is clearly important to you). And since the UL is reforming to phase out dictatorial members and the like, I am violating none.
☆ marxist-leninist ☆

Cyllea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Ardoki wrote:
Cyllea wrote:

The UL has reformed.

Yeah and you're just a 10/10 model nation for religious tolerance. Sending people to reeducation camps and killing priests. But I know they'rd just using the religious tolerance as an excuse to continue some pointless vendetta against me because of unrelated issues.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Cyllea wrote:

I am one of the most senior members in the alliance, having been a member much longer than you (Only saying this because seniority is clearly important to you). And since the UL is reforming to phase out dictatorial members and the like, I am violating none.

Does that mean Marxist-Lenninist states would be prohibited from being in this alliance? They are leftist economically and socially, however they are single-party states and sometimes autocracies.

Cyllea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:12 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
Cyllea wrote:

How about you calm down? Observers and regular forum goers alike are sick of seeing you blow a fuse at every single little damned thing that you find wrong.

They're trying to remove me after I've dedicated the last year of my NS career to the United Left. I have a right to get pissed off at that.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:13 pm

Cyllea wrote:
Ardoki wrote:The UL has reformed.

Yeah and you're just a 10/10 model nation for religious tolerance. Sending people to reeducation camps and killing priests. But I know they'rd just using the religious tolerance as an excuse to continue some pointless vendetta against me because of unrelated issues.

Calling death to LGBT people is a crime in Ardoki. So is the stoning of women.
The religious are free to hold their beliefs as long as they don't hold hateful and harmful beliefs (which are abundant in a lot of holy books).

Alosteq Diin Nastja
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alosteq Diin Nastja » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Cyllea wrote:
Ardoki wrote:The UL has reformed.

I think you're paranoid. There aren't any other issues influencing this, other than your lack of religious freedoms. You can get out of this thread. Now.
☆ marxist-leninist ☆

Cyllea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Cyllea wrote:

lol m8 I literally joined on the UL's first or second day of existence.

Alosteq Diin Nastja
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alosteq Diin Nastja » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:15 pm

Cyllea wrote:
Alosteq Diin Nastja wrote:I am one of the most senior members in the alliance, having been a member much longer than you (Only saying this because seniority is clearly important to you). And since the UL is reforming to phase out dictatorial members and the like, I am violating none.

lol m8 I literally joined on the UL's first or second day of existence.

Leave.
☆ marxist-leninist ☆

Cyllea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:16 pm

Cyllea wrote:Yeah and you're just a 10/10 model nation for religious tolerance. Sending people to reeducation camps and killing priests. But I know they'rd just using the religious tolerance as an excuse to continue some pointless vendetta against me because of unrelated issues.

I think you're paranoid. There aren't any other issues influencing this, other than your lack of religious freedoms. You can get out of this thread. Now.

Nah I think I'll stay. The United Left is my home and has been for over a year, I'm not letting someone take that away from me because they mentally can't handle opposing views.
Last edited by Cyllea on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Cyllea wrote:
Alosteq Diin Nastja wrote:I think you're paranoid. There aren't any other issues influencing this, other than your lack of religious freedoms. You can get out of this thread. Now.

Nah I think I'll stay. The United Left is my home bad has been for over a year, I'm not letting someone take that away from me because they mentally can't handle opposing views.

As long as your government is committed to ending the persecution of non-theists. I would support a motion to reinstate you.

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:19 pm

I know this might be a bit out of place but could you guys please calm down. The United Left is the last place where we need OCC conflict; the MF and IFC have had enough of it already.
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Cyllea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:19 pm

Ardoki wrote:
Cyllea wrote:Nah I think I'll stay. The United Left is my home bad has been for over a year, I'm not letting someone take that away from me because they mentally can't handle opposing views.

As long as your government is committed to ending the persecution of non-theists. I would support a motion to reinstate you.

We don't even persecute them ffs.

The UL Administrator
Spokesperson

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The UL Administrator » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:20 pm

Cyllea wrote:
Alosteq Diin Nastja wrote:I think you're paranoid. There aren't any other issues influencing this, other than your lack of religious freedoms. You can get out of this thread. Now.

Nah I think I'll stay. The United Left is my home and has been for over a year, I'm not letting someone take that away from me because they mentally can't handle opposing views.

- ANNOUNCEMENT -

Cyllea, you are officially banned from the UL thread. This is enough, and you will leave permanently.
-A nation for the people--A nation for the United Left-
Ran by:
New Jordslag, United Remnants of America, and Vedria. Glory to the workers, the soldiers, and to Democracy.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:21 pm

New Carloso wrote:I know this might be a bit out of place but could you guys please calm down. The United Left is the last place where we need OCC conflict; the MF and IFC have had enough of it already.

I second this.

I'm sure we can discuss this calmly and reasonably.

Cyllea, you were told to get out. However if you are willing to stop the persecution of non-theists, you were granted a chance to reapply. So if you are still going to argue, perhaps you should not do it in this thread. Lest a mess be created.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates