NATION

PASSWORD

The Second International Dystan Banquet (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aravea
Senator

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aravea » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:27 pm

Tyroth's smile and subsequent reaction to her comment brought Vitalie no end of joy, which nevertheless manifested as a slight giggle. She definitely had to admit that she would never get tired of the interactions between the two Black Fangs. Yet it was the Olwean.. Jason if she remembered correctly that made her swell with pride at her point, "Yes you're definitely right about that Jason, Any soldier worth his insignia will find at a soldier can learn all kinds of things from artwork", Vitalie's attention was soon absorbed by the grand sight of the Castle's Great Hall, which by her reckoning easily surpassed that of the one back at the Imperial Palace. Truly it showed both not only the wealth of the Dystans but their excellent aesthetic tastes as well. She couldn't help but remain in awe of it as the group began to sit down.

Phyrra was tempted to continue the conversation with Tyfis, but figured that such discussions could wait. Regardless. The Draconis Primarch took her place between Vitalie and Leila who both continued to gaze over the opulent hall. At last the Aravean primarch poured some wine for both her and Vitalie, as they awaited for the dinner to begin.

Whilst her subordinates continued engaged in idle dinner conversation, Leila took the time to venture around to the other side of the table to the Olweans, "So I take it that you have some interest in military affairs from that chat back there. I must say that you. Olweans are quite intriguing. Would you care if I joined you for a drink?"
Proud Deputy Speaker of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
★★★Proud Intelligence Minister of the United Monarchist Alliance★★★
Note: Currently in the process of overhauling the Aravean factbooks/canon.

Olwe
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:26 am

Jason looked up as Leila started moving toward the Olweans, giving her a friendly smile. When she asked to sit and drink with them, he nodded and said, "I'd be delighted, actually. Although part of the reason we're here is to see old friends like Tyroth and Sarisa again, we're mostly here to make new friends... here's hoping you're the first of many. As for my interest in military affairs... before becoming Emperor, I was a General. I suppose I never fully left the job."

"As the only member of our group who's actually been to Aravea, I have to say it's good to see Araveans again," Jake Wansor added. "As I recall, it's a lovely place to visit, and the people there were very kind to me during my stay. Though that was over a thousand years ago... I keep meaning to return, but the way my work pulls me all over the multiverse I was lucky to make it along for this trip."
Founded: 2480
Current year: 5001
Magic: Non-negotiable
Ponies: Yes, occasionally
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.
RP population: 21 billion
Embassy program: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=203258

Dyste
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dyste » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:28 pm

Castle Dyste Courtyard

The Cesarian and Magians were teleported to the courtyard at the same time; fortunately, they appeared a few feet away from each other, so the safeguard did not activate. A group of kobolds were polishing the statue of Tyroth and Sarisa, while some Earth Draconids were tending to the flowers. Several foreign plants had recently been added, requiring extra care than normal, especially after the arrival of several guests. A Water Draconid was summoning light rain on the grass and flowers; some of the kobolds took time to step under the rain, clearly not bothered of getting wet.

Celsi spoke with one of the Draconids in order to get information on the King's whereabouts, "Forgive me if we cannot do a full tour, but according to the staff, His Majesty and his guests have already arrived and have made it to the Great Hall. If everyone can please come with me, I can take you all to them."

As they departed, a third group teleported in; a drow with a large silver wolf by her side, which proceeded to sniff the flowers. "Come on, Grandma," the elf said, seemingly speaking to the wolf, "Everyone's waiting for you." The wolf perked up; it had been a while since she had been able to socialize. If one looked closely at the eyes, they were white voids, the same as the drow leading her along the pathway...

Great Hall

While some of the Dystans present showed interest in Masrité, the Queen instead reacted with concern, "Er, hot sauce? As a safety precaution, I cannot put any on my food, and the same goes for any Ice Draconid." While sometimes Ice Draconids were stereotyped at being unable to stand any sort of spicy food, there was a threshold for them, and based on how the Planeians were talking about, this certainly passed it. "Vitalie, that goes for you as well, it may make you sick, even. Anyone one may feel free to do so, like my husband inevitably will." Like Trasta, Tyroth was known for his love of trying new food.

"As for me," Coriolis interjected, "I'm mighty fine with hot things; gotta be if ya have demonic blood an' all." He took this as his chance to get closer to Aiya. "I reckon we haven't been properly introduced, Milady. Coriolis Walz, Lord of New Arclex. Forgive me fer intrudin', but I make it a point to meet lovely foreign dignitaries." The Fey'ri took her by the hand and kissed it; anyone who was at all familiar with him knew that was coming.

While they were awaiting the food, the latecomers to the banquet arrived. Tyroth recognized the Cesarian leader on sight, "Oh, William! I am glad you could make it. I hope you had no problems getting here?" The delegation from Magia, on the other hand, he was not familiar with, though he, like Celsi before him, could tell instantly the magical power Arabella had. "Ah, another late arrival? No matter, the food has not yet arrived, meaning that you have the chance to get some before we finish it off, GHAHAHA! But regardless, I welcome you to Dyste."

They were followed by the drow and the wolf she referred to as 'Grandma', "Oh, Mishera, you made it! I was worried you would not show up." leaning down, he petted the wolf, which she enjoyed in spite of her true self. "Everyone, our special guest had arrived; do not let her current form fool you, she is one of the most important people in the history of her great nation." Anyone present who knew their Dystan history would at least have heard of Mishera Val'Shorath, the Druid of the Black Fangs. Her current state was not as well-known outside of the nation, but in spite of everything, she remained positive; she proceeded to nuzzle against Jake, whom she had known for centuries.

Mishera's arrival distracted Tyroth from the fact that several kobolds were arriving with plates of food, setting them on the center table. Naturally, there was a lot of meat; prime rib (the king's favourite!), roasted chicken, pork chops, roast beef, not to mention seafood, particularly blue crab and phantom tuna, two types of sea life native to Dystan seas. Multicoloured pasta was also present, and even some salads (the kobolds carrying those did not seem too happy about it). A large bowl of meatballs and a plate of sandwiches was carried out by a Draconid, putting them on a lower table to make it easier for the kobolds to pick what they wanted. After they set the food down, the kobolds surrounded Tyroth, pointing their muzzles. Sighing, he proceeded to start giving them muzzle rubs individually, "Such is the life of the king..."
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
DRACONID AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF CLAWS AND FANGS
Embassy Program
Rulers: King Tyroth, Queen Sarisa, Prime Minister Zihark Jemson
Capital: Valitora
Government Type: Semi-Constitutional Monarchy
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
Founded: Early 15th century
Tech: Lower-tech fantasy (can RP with PT/MT)
Canadian, fan of Video Games (Nintendo in particular) and Tabletop RPGs.
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Romandeos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 13, 2005

Postby Romandeos » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:06 am

Dyste wrote:Royal Limo

The princess laughed over their blushing, "Oh, come now, no need to be embarrassed! A lot of us have a weakness for cute things, like kobolds. But regardless, I guess you do not need to understand everything about devices in order to use them! I mean, I still do not understand some foreign devices we have acquired in the last decade, like television or cameras."

Axi-aru looked over their clothing, "Well, as you can tell, clothing is not a high priority for us, that is more of an Elf or Beastling concern," the cloaks many Draconids wore were for a functional place to carry objects; for the races that did wear clothing, it was optional anyways. "But from what I can tell, what is considered 'masculine' or 'feminine' is really a matter of culture. I hear, for instance, many cultures associate blue with males and pink with females? Well, we can come in those colours, but having blue scales is no more or less likely for males or females, same with pink. So, how can we say those colours represent one sex?"

The Limo had arrived at the castle front gates, the 'chauffeurbold' stepping out and opening their door, pointing its muzzle. The Princess and her husband both rubbed it as they stepped out, "Well, it seems we made it," the Sage remarked, "Perhaps we should get going to catch up with the others?"

Robert seemed chagrined for a moment, before his smile returned as usual, though perhaps not as intense as before.

"It was...perhaps less than wise," he admitted. "To use what one does not fully understand invites catastrophe at times. Still, we think it was for the better, and have adapted well."

"Some of us have," the Cardinal muttered. This brought the Prince's smile back completely.

"You're just embarrassed that your daughter's rack is smaller than yours," he quipped, smiling sweetly as the Cardinal seemed to choke on his breath.

"Robert Alistair Lockeheart!" he bolted in protest. "If you were not of the Blood, boy, I would-"

"Probably still do nothing, because you like me too much?"

Farrow glowered at that, which only caused Robert to chuckle before turning to address the Sage once more.

"Perhaps we should," he said. "There's fashionably late, and then there's just plain late."

Dyste wrote:Castle Hangar

Any annoyance from suddenly being dragged out Zoe had vanished once Sir Maria kissed her hand, causing her to smile; she avoided baring her teeth, as she had found some were put off by the fangs. "Oh, yes, I've heard of your people and the incident." Her job as accountant allowed her access to what nations would be present, and she had done some research on some of them were she to meet them directly. Looking at his tail, she said without thinking, "Were you like this beforehand, or was that also an effect?"

She cursed herself for bringing it up so quickly, but her curiosity got the better of her. Dietrich did not seem to mind, though; she supposed this was something he got asked before. "Well, I'm good with numbers," Zoe responded to the question of her choice in career, "I'm more used to it than social events, so most visitors don't see me. A lot of people don't even know our kind lives in Dyste. Draconids and kobolds are what most see, elves and beastlings on occasion, but we're pretty rare, at least here. I'm not sure about where you live." She slithered ever so slightly closer, to the point they were nearly touching...

However, at this point, the Gungnir had landed, with Prime Minister Zihark greeting the guests. Zoe backed off slightly, "Oh, er, maybe we can hitch a ride with them. I can use magic, but I don't know teleportation."

Sir Maria tilted his head slightly to one side at Zoe's question.

"Was I always...oh!" His soft features lit up with sudden realization. "You mean my species? Yes, I was a Lamia before the Shift also. The magic only affected gender-based appearances, and that is honestly not an entirely correct descriptor, as I am only feminine, not legitimately female."

"Accounting is a useful skill to have," he said when Zoe had finished. "It is also an honorable profession. Somebody has to balance the books so the politicians don't run us all broke, eh? I am simply honestly sad that they keep you cooped up inside."

He was silent for a moment as Zoe slithered closer, taking no move to close the gap himself, but neither mentioning her action, nor moving away.

"Sadly, we are uncommon in the Union also," he said. "The examples of my species who cross my path are rare." His face broke into a smile. "The pretty ones more so."

He looked aside at her suggestion, inwardly glad that she was referring to them collectively, and assuming she would be going with him. He would be glad of the company.

"Perhaps we should," he agreed easily. Then, turning to face her and straightening up just a tiny bit, he gently extended his hand in offering.

"Miss Zoe, to make it formal, I would be very pleased if you would accompany me to the banquet as my companion. Will you join me?"
If you RP with me, you are choosing to acknowledge The Shift by default. No negotiations.

Southeastasia wrote:Romandeos is like an enormous dog: happy and friendly, but when angered, ruthlessly sadistic.

Yo’ur spalling ability and use of gamrmer is artcioous.

Facts and Figures of Life

The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.

The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.

Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the world.

Things are more like they are today than they ever were before.

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.

Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate.

I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

If you think there is good in everybody, you haven’t met everybody.

RIP Tanaara: 1/17/10.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:09 pm

"Tower, this is Mustang Zero Three, enroute to runway Alpha 1 via approach pattern. VIP flight from Monfrox. Requesting clearance to land, over." The pilot of a matte black and grey camouflaged VC-130H called over the radio.

Back in the hold, the two VIPs were discussing general tactics and mannerisms while the aircraft landed and taxied. A calm melody resonated in the room as they waited.

"General, I'm still a bit curious as to why I'm being brought along." Captain Mondlicht calmly protested. "I could be back home, helping train the others instead."

The girl sitting opposite of her, who was dwarfed by the woman's outstanding height, calmly sipped at her tea. Lieutenant General Alyona Yaslova, known as young "Iron Heart" by her subordinates, looked up at the Captain with her stoic manner.

"It is precisely that kind of attitude that brought you with me today. You're a soldier, but you must understand that being a soldier isn't always about fighting. As you will soon understand, you will be instrumental in securing an alliance between us and the Dystans."

"But why would we need an alliance? Surely, Monfrox has enough soldiers, manpower, and equipment to hold out against even several nations."

"While that may be true to you, it is debatable in the big picture. Having allies isn't just about helping out in military affairs. It's about building a relationship of trust between two powers. Coexisting with one another. You will know the fruits of our labor here should they accept our invitation in due time, Captain. Until then, you are my subordinate and official body guard on this venture."

"And what else would you have me to do at this banquet, General?"

Alyona took another sip to stall for the answer before setting her cup and saucer down on the table.

"I want you to relax while you are here. This is your time off, even if it's still being put on official business. Take today to forget about all your duties back home. They'll be waiting for you when you get home. Is that clear?"

Resalth was rather confused. How was she supposed to relax around all those foreign dignitaries? A few of them could very well be spies or agents of some sort. And yet the General seemed to not care. Well, not as much. They were both openly carrying their sidearms in their belt holsters that were made of very fine leather to compliment their dress uniforms. Still, the Captain was a bit on edge, and Alyona could tell.

"From here on out, you are to forget about your duties as a soldier. Talk with people, taste some foreign cuisine, and have a good time. That's an order. I will not stand to see you be a nervous paranoid wreck for the entirety of our stay here. That doesn't paint a good image of our soldiers back home. The Dystans will want an ally who's leaders are calm and cool-headed, not jumpy and skittish at so much as a pin drop. Do you understand?"

Resalth bowed her head and chest in her seat. "Completely. I will do as you say and...enjoy my time off, General."

"Outstanding. Do you have the gift?"

Resalth retrieved a rather large metal case and held it up.

"Good. When we find the King, you and I will present it to him, as a sign of good faith. Now, if I'm not mistaken..."

At that moment, one of the crew chiefs came into the back. "We're all set and parked if you wanna head on off the ramp, General. We'll work with it here."

"Very good. Do take your time, Sergeant. Wouldn't want anyone suffering heat exhaustion."

"Yes ma'am!"

The General and Captain disembarked from the aircraft and headed down along the flight line off of the ramp. Resalth was thankful she was wearing her garrison flight cap with her dress uniform, as the usual beret wouldn't fit between the horns on her head. Relax, huh? Well, that was certainly going to be a challenge for her, but orders were orders.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Planeia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planeia » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:35 pm

"Only the hottest hot sauce on Planeia, and the most popular." Neera, a fan of the sauce, answered Trasta's question for Aiya. "They say that the actual pepper from which Masrité is made is so hot, that it's dangerous to eat by itself." She went on to say. "What I find fun about Masrité is that if you eat enough of it, you begin coughing up green flames!"

"Oh, hello." Aiya said as Coriolis sat next to her. She was surprised at how flirty he was. "I'm Dr. Aiya Elanato, Chairwoman of the Planeian Committee of Xeno Affairs. You're quite the gentleman, Lord Walz." She said, giggling slightly and blushing when he kissed her hand. She tried once again to hide her dark blue blush, covering her face by pretending to run her fingers through her green hair.

Once the food arrived, Aiya's attention was stolen by its sweet aroma right away. "Ooh, yes!" She yelped as she pulled away from Coriolis and frantically tried to pull up her holowrist display. She swiped away at the display until finally her synthesizer app was open. A small, spherical, holographic drone appeared in front of her. The drone flew to her plate. From its underside emitted a whirring sound, which then gave a bright light and a beam that shot onto her food. Within seconds, her plate was coated in the green, sizzling stuff; Masrité.

The holographic drone then flew to provide the sauce to the other Planeians, who were eagerly waiting to eat. After them, it flew to all the others who were interested in the sauce, such as Trasta and King Tyroth.

Almost in unison, the Planeians each grabbed their food, without the use of utensils but instead their extendable prehensile tongues (like frogs), and began eating their food like savages, which was custom in Planeian dining. Within minutes of chewing with their retractable fangs, they each finished their food, not a single crumb spared.

It was at this point that they each began coughing up and exhaling green, flame-like clouds. The Masrité was still sizzling on the surfaces of their mouths. They coughed up these "green flames" for about a minute until finally the Masrité evaporated.

"Ah, that hit the spot. It hit all the spots." Capris said, before coughing up one more flame from his burnt mouth.

"I apologize for that, we Planeians take our food seriously." Aiya said to Coriolis, giggling a little.

Capris got up from his seat to go sit next to Vylon and Kamoto. "Hey, Vylon." He said. "How far can your teleportation magic go? There's something that I left... back on Planeia, which is 7000 light years from here."
Paradise has Fallen

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Jason watched his wife and the Planeians eat the Masrité with idle interest as he munched on his own, only slightly less spicy, food... traditional Olwean cuisine often involved some of the hotter Greek and Italian herbs and spices, as well as occasionally Cajun-inspired spice blends.

"I take my food seriously too," Trasta said to the Planeians, "and I know Tyroth does as well, so no worries." She tore off a piece of the pizza she was eating and told Jason, "You have to try this stuff, it's amazing."

After swallowing what Trasta had given him, Jason nodded in agreement. "She's right, that's one of the better sauces I've had," he said. "There could be a big market for this Masrité stuff in Olwe... perhaps the company that makes it might want to look into that."

Meanwhile, Jake grinned as Mishera walked over to him and, following Tyroth's lead, petted her gently and quickly before removing his hand so as not to linger too long and cause offense. "Mishera! It's a very pleasant surprise indeed to see you," he said. Even though in her current form her ability to reply was limited, she could still understand everything that was said to her.
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Valeera and her escort made their way into the enormous, ancient and heavily fortified ediface. In her mind, it harkoned back to the ancient castles erected during the Age of Warring Clans back on Thessia, or those erected later by the Yulan Imperium- which included the Imperial Palace. Her aides had food of their own, Sushi-like dishes called Magato-akushu, Steak and pepper stirfries on exotic rices in sweet and sour sauces, and fine teas grown by temple monks at one of the Shangri-La Shrines. Valeera introduced herself as the Matriarch of the Silverfang family to their hosts as her aides laid out the food they had prepared. "If you want a more Eastern flair, I suggest you try what I have prepared."
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
Neyla is the only character to ever embarress Kyoki. All Forum 7 Characters
24 years old and female.

Aravea
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aravea » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:05 pm

Leila merely smiled at the Olwean Emperor as he offered her a place at the table, before ultimately settling on the seat across from him. To be honest she was rather delighted to meet a fellow monarch who shared her interest in the military, "Why thank you, I appreciate it. " Considering their reason she had to smile once more, "Well that is a good a reason as any, especially considering their status as old friends, but I digress and hope that you are among the first of the many friends I hope to make here. "Turning her attention towards Jake the Empress nodded,"Well it would be an honor to have you visit again at some point Jake. Although if I am being truthful the country has changed quite a bit in the millenium since your visit, especially with regards to how we carry ourselves"

Initially Vitalie had to admit that she was a little bit disappointed at not being able to have some of the masrite, but after seeing the Planeians end up belching flame she conceded the point to the Queen. Speaking of the Queen there was indeed something that the young ice draconid wished to ask her friend, "Sarisa, pardon the interruption but I have been meaning to ask this...How have your magical studies been coming since I last saw you? Have you made any progress on the transfer method or ice alchemy I showed you? Or do you have any requests for it?"

Whilst her colleagues engaged in conversation with Sarisa and the Olweans, Phyrrah merely sat back and watched as the dinner unfolded. To be honest she was content with enjoying her meal and wine. Although after a short while she had to admit that she found herself intrigued by the actions of the man she believed was called Coriolis. Slipping over to the side of Tyfis she whispered, "Madam Tyfis, what is the deal with that man over there..That one you call Coriolis I believe. Is this natural for him?"

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Undellah Skyways

The Froxians arrived too late for Prime Minister Zihark Jemson to greet them, as he had already left. Nor was his aide Astram present, having helped another late guest arrive. It seemed they might’ve been out of luck, when a circle on the floor with a pattern lit up. A Draconid with Azure scales carrying a wooden staff stepped out of the circle, and walked up to them, “Greetings, I am Kyla Waterscale, Sage of War and Minister of Defense.” The Sage took pride in being the strongest magic user in Dyste’s military, most of the top-ranked soldiers being more skilled at weaponry. “I had a premonition of your arrival; you might be late, but there is still time to arrive.” She gestured to the circle, “Forgive my brusqueness on the matter, but you will miss out of the food if we do not hurry.”

When they teleported in, they reached the main courtyard, where most of the guests had arrived prior. Kyla was unsure of how she felt about the guests carrying weapons, but she knew ones of that caliber were not much of a threat to their king, and trying to attack the other guests would end poorly for them. She was taking them in a direction of the Grand Hall, spending a few minutes in silence before speaking, “I presume you are with Monfrox’s military by the way you are dressed,” Being Minister of Defense, she had more information on foreign military policy than most Dystans, and she had read the report from her king’s meeting with one prior. “His Majesty was looking forward to having someone from your nation show up today. Preferably be on time next time, but I guess you had to make sure of matters before visiting a foreign nation for the first time…”

Castle Dyste Entrance

“Yes, let us make haste!” Axi-aru said, before yawning, causing Tynah to shake him, “H-HEY! I was not about to fall asleep…”

“Nice try, Axi, I know you too well,” Tynah instructed them to follow her; having grown up in the castle, she knew the quickest route to the Grand Hall. “Have you been to gatherings outside of your country often? I managed to do so more when I was younger; Father would take me to several nations during his travels, and I got to learn more about the world. Sadly, certain prejudices brought an end to that, but nowadays we seem to have more nations willing to have diplomacy with us again.“ The time of isolation was one that many Dystans were upset about, even if they understood why.

It turned out Tynah’s route took them through the kitchen, where Draconids and kobolds alike were preparing seconds for the guests. Unsurprisingly, a lot of the food was meat, considering kobolds were carnivores, “Well, I suppose we were not too late for the meal. I would hate it if our tardiness caused us to miss out!”

Great Hall

Zoe agreed to go as Sir Maria’s companion, teleporting with Zihark’s group and being with the rest of the guards. “I get to eat here most days, but it’s rare to do so with one of my own kind, aside from maybe some of my sisters. So you’re only feminine in appearance? I see… I think you might be more feminine than me, what with your big…” She suddenly stopped for a moment, “Tail! Regardless, many Dystans don’t actually have a preference for a specific sex or gender, so you needn’t worry about it being a turn-off or anything. Anyways, I don’t know about you, but I’m starving! Anyone besides me you want to meet?”

In spite of Aiya’s best efforts, Cori could clearly see her blushing, which meant to him that he had found someone he wanted to spend more time with, “Oh, c’mon, no need ta be shy with me, I like seein’ people enjoyin’ themselves.” Liberally putting some Masrité on his own food (tacos, known to be his favourite), he coughed out the flamelike green clouds, much like the Planeians, “Ah, that hit the spot. When you’ve lived for 700 years, it’s hard to find things you haven’t tried, and if ya couldn’t tell already, I love to indulge myself in plenty o’things. Trust me, Milady, there are always new things I wanna try…” He put his hands on Aiya’s, smiling. She could see that some of his teeth were fangs, one of the only signs of his heritage besides the horns.

Tyfis knew someone was going to question Coriolis’s ways at some point, “Yes, that is very normal for him, he even did so with my Aunt Fyrah! He is the cousin of Tyroth’s best friend, and helped their team out for ages. To be fair, he really cannot help himself. Being part demon can affect one’s behaviour greatly. In all honesty, it could have turned out far worse for him.” She recalled hearing about another person the Black Fangs encountered who had strong demonic blood who instead turned to evil due to the voices in his head. Despite their best efforts to help, it eventually came to a point where they were forced to kill him.

Queen Sarisa, like Vitalie, was forced to merely watch others try the hot sauce, unable to have any herself. However, unlike with the Aravean, she was born with this weakness to spicy foods, so she had been conditioned to dislike them anyways. So, she was content to speak to her newest student, who happened to also be her newest teacher, “The alchemy is going well; I had some difficulties at first, but once I got past that first hurdle, everything seemed to become much easier. Regarding the transfer method… last month I aided my grandson Frenze in making a new body for his fiancee. From what I hear they are doing well, they are in their final week before the wedding. Are you going to be able to attend?”

While Jake had only petted Mishera briefly in order to prevent from offending her, she instead rubbed her head against Jake, wanting more. “I think my sister enjoys being a wolf,” Sigrin spoke, being at the table behind them. “Then again, she has always been the oddball in the family. Considering what we were like before our generation, though, that was probably for the best…” The Val’Shorath family before Mishera held the worst traits associated with drow; were it not for her and the Black Fangs ending their tyranny, most of the drow present would either not exist or be born into a much different world.

When Capris mentioned going to his home planet to pick up something, Vylon sputtered at the notion of teleportation at that large a distance, “Surely now, you do not think we can just teleport anywhere? There are limits to where we can go…”

“Indeed there are, but sheer distance is not one of them,” Sage Zihark walked up, clearly interested at this conundrum. “While Dimension Door is more bound to what one can see, and Teleportation Circle requires a similar marking at the destination, Teleport itself has no limits on where it can go, barring enchantments specifically guarded against such things.” The Prime Minister once attended a conference on another planet, albeit one not at distant as Planeia was. By figuring out specific information, he was able to teleport there. “No, the real problem is getting the coordinates right. We could end up in the vacuum of space, and I am not sure about you but I like breathing. And even if we get the planet right, we must make sure not to teleport directly into a wall or the like. So, naturally, I would have to take us somewhere outside to prevent that. In order to do this, I would need the coordinates of the planet, a specific place within to teleport, and a description of said place. While it takes effort, it is possible. Vylon, my friend, do you forget what Jarl Thaumsmith said...”

Those who claim that something is impossible simply do not have a good enough imagination.” Vylon remembered reading that in school. “Yes, you are correct.”

While Tyroth was eating his meal, the Romani and Froxians had finally arrived. They were greeted to the sight of the king spewing out a fire breath coloured green; evidently the Planeian hot sauce affected the organ that produced their breath weapon. “Hahah… I have had red, orange and yellow before, but never green. Perhaps I should try some more on the dishes our friends from Taigawa have brought… while I have tried some Eastern cooking before, it is sadly not as common here. Perhaps we can have an exchange of recipes?” While the kobolds were bringing the king some more food, his wife pointed out to him the new arrivals, “Oh! Welcome to our banquet. You must forgive me, I tend to get oblivious to other things when I am having delicious food. Please, grab some food, take a seat, and have fun!”
Last edited by Dyste on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
Embassy Program
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:01 am

"We'll try some of that, since you were kind enough to bring some for everyone," Trasta said to Valeera. Eastern food was more common in Olwe than it was in Dyste, owing to the large Asian population of the island territory known as East Olwe.

Jason shook his head with a rueful grin... he was used to his wife being a big eater by now, but he could only imagine what those present who had never met her might think about a woman who was a hundred and fifteen pounds soaking wet putting away food at such a monumental rate. Then he turned his attention back to Leila. "I'd say that if your intention is to become friends with us, that's going rather well for you so far," he said with an encouraging smile. "You seem like someone who's easy to make friends with."

Trasta nodded in agreement. "And if you wanted to be more than friends," she added, "I'd be up for that too."

"Oh, great," Florica muttered. "Her and Coriolis are in the same room, and sure enough it looks like there's a competition going."

Meanwhile, Jake reached back down and continued petting Mishera, this time choosing not to stop until she let him know when. "I've missed you too, old friend," he said to her before looking back up to Leila and saying, "Naturally much has changed in such a great amount of time, as is to be expected. But if the three of you are any indication, the changes in Aravea have been for the better." Though he hadn't spoken to them yet, Vitalie and Phyrrah seemed like pleasant enough individuals.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:01 am

Olwe wrote:"We'll try some of that, since you were kind enough to bring some for everyone," Trasta said to Valeera. Eastern food was more common in Olwe than it was in Dyste, owing to the large Asian population of the island territory known as East Olwe.

Jason shook his head with a rueful grin... he was used to his wife being a big eater by now, but he could only imagine what those present who had never met her might think about a woman who was a hundred and fifteen pounds soaking wet putting away food at such a monumental rate. Then he turned his attention back to Leila. "I'd say that if your intention is to become friends with us, that's going rather well for you so far," he said with an encouraging smile. "You seem like someone who's easy to make friends with."

Trasta nodded in agreement. "And if you wanted to be more than friends," she added, "I'd be up for that too."

"Oh, great," Florica muttered. "Her and Coriolis are in the same room, and sure enough it looks like there's a competition going."

Meanwhile, Jake reached back down and continued petting Mishera, this time choosing not to stop until she let him know when. "I've missed you too, old friend," he said to her before looking back up to Leila and saying, "Naturally much has changed in such a great amount of time, as is to be expected. But if the three of you are any indication, the changes in Aravea have been for the better." Though he hadn't spoken to them yet, Vitalie and Phyrrah seemed like pleasant enough individuals.

"I would'nt a very good guest if I came halfway accross the galaxy and didn't bring anything to the party." Valeera stated, gracefully lowering herself into a chair. "Our culture is such that at gatherings like this, it is considered an honor to contribute to the cusine present. My race prize such honor." Valeera stated with a slight grin. Her eyes darted around at all the faces, looking for someone, anyone familiar. Though the Councilor knew none of the faces, she had a name- Phyrrah. She knew the name as that of an importand figure in Aravea, but the councilor had never actually seen her. "Phyrrah, peace-bringer of our ally, I know your name but not your face."
Last edited by Taigawa on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
24 years old and female.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:44 pm

"There was a sudden emission during our flight which rearranged the airborne Electro anomalies. Ergo, we had to drastically alter our current flight plan to avoid them." Alyona responded politely as she walked with Kyla.

Resalth marveled at the sight around her as they entered the Great Hall. In Monfrox, even the most spacious of rooms like the Field Marshals wasn't as big as this. Nay, it was dwarfed in comparison, but that came with the territory of having an underground capitol. She walked with the General along the Great Hall, taking time to observe the others within it's chamber. She knew of the omnua of Monfrox's nation, but even those retained most of their human features. Resalth herself only had a handful of extraspecies characteristics. Well, noticeable characteristics, that is.

"At this juncture, I would like to request a short audience with your King, Ms. Waterscale. And perhaps you, seeing as you are the Minister of Defense. I have a bit of business between our nations I would like to discuss with you, but we have a gift for your king we would like to present as a sign of good faith. Once that is done, I would like you and I to get down to brass tacks if you would be so inviting." The General was carrying a light briefcase with her as she went in with the Sage.

The country of Dyste was teeming with unusual surprises, and she hoped that there would be more then meets the eye when it came to their military much like the banquet.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Aravea
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aravea » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:40 pm

Vitalie had to admit that she was pleased to see that her student and mentor had managed to accomplish her assigned tasks with little difficulty. To be truthful, the transferrance process was an incredibly difficult alchemical subject to learn. Needless to say that Sarisa now numbered one of the few alchemists in either Dyste or Aravea to be able to use it. To be truthful, the ice draconid was still somewhat in shock that the queen had managed to pick up on it so quickly. Nevertheless, she was glad to see that her student's teacher had progressed so quickly. Upon hearing Sarisa's query about her grandson's wedding, the ice draconid had to smile as she recalled the day the news about her cousin's marriage to Frenze had reached her and had to admit she had been truly excited, "Well it is good to hear that you have managed to make progress on your alchemical studies. Perhaps in a few weeks I can show some of the spells I recovered from the Foulke Library. With regards to Frenze's wedding, I do plan to attend along with Cera. Speaking of how are they doing? Is Sasha adapting well?"

Leila couldn't help but blush at Trasta's comment and had to admit that she was at least somewhat flattered by it. To be truthful she had merely hoped that pair would be friends, but at least part of her hoped to find something more in the Olweans. Smiling she turned to the blue haired empress, "Well that would certainly be interesting Trasta...Perhaps I may take you up on that at some point...hehee" Turning back to Jason the Arkhon smiled whilst laughing slightly, "Well it is part of the job description. Nevertheless would you by chance have anything you wished to discuss? Perhaps over some more wine"

"I see.." was all the yellow scaled Primarch could utter as she continued to watch Coriolis hit upon Aiya. Truth be told, she did feel some sympathy for him and his inability to control his nature, and perhaps just maybe understood him a little better. Turning her focus back to Tyfis, the draconis bowed, "Thank you for clarifying that Lady Tyfis. To be quite frank it did clear up a number of questions I had regarding the man. Regardless, I do have one more inquiry I wish to make of you." The draconis seemed to drift away in thought for a moment as she gathered her thoughts and focused upon wording the phrase correctly, "I was wondering if it would be at all possible to inquire about setting up a meeting...." Pyrrah was cut off mid sentence as Valeera recognized her, "It's good to meet you at last. Tell me how have you faired since my deputy visited you?"

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:50 am

Kyla was hardly surprised at the Froxians’ desire to meet with the king; after all, what sort of foreign dignitary would come to Dyste and not want to meet its founder and most famous individual? “Well, General, getting an audience with His Majesty is a rather simple task,” she said as they entered the Great Hall, gesturing to the back table where he was sitting, eating the food the Taigawanese had brought along. “Your Majesty, you have some guests wishing for an audience with you. They are from…”

“Monfrox, correct?” Tyroth swallowed the Magato-akushu he was currently trying out. “Yes, I believe I had this meeting arranged back on that space station. I thank you both for taking the time to visit our lands. Have your tried this food, it is…” a glare from the Sage of War made him realize he was going off-topic. “Er, my apologies… an audience, you say? Is this something that can be done here, or were you hoping for a bit more privacy?” The Audience Chamber was only a short walk away from the Great Hall.

Sarisa’s skill with alchemy came as no surprise to anyone who knew her well; she seemed to be a prodigy when it same to learning magic of any sort. “I would be most pleased to see those books. And as for Sasha… well, I have not gotten a chance to meet Sasha personally, but Tynah did, and she is apparently quite fond of her.” The first daughter of Tyroth and Sarisa had put Vitalie’s cousin through her training regiment, known to be one of the hardest in Dyste. The pay-off for those that could survive it, however, was undeniable; Sasha was likely in the top five percent of the strongest Draconids at this point. “She dotes on Frenze a lot, so I was glad to see that she approves of her. Perhaps you can ask her when she arrives, but truth be told, there is someone else here who she wants to see even more…”

True enough, when Tynah had finally entered the Great Hall, the first person she approached was not Sarisa, or Vitalie, or even Tyroth, but rather the wolf sitting by Jake’s side, “AUNTY MISHERA!” she said in delight, picking her up and hugging her. Mishera in turn squirmed a bit, “Oh, right, sorry! I sometimes forget how strong I am,” after she loosened her hug, the drow-turned-wolf licked her face. While the concept of ‘godparent’ was not used in Dyste, there were honorary aunt and uncle positions given to close family friends, which had a similar feeling to that. Naturally, Mishera and Jarl were the first two to receive this honour for Tyroth’s children. She saw the first non-Dystan to gain that honour was there, too, “Hi, Uncle Jake! It has been a while; and Jason and Trasta are here too?” Tynah had known Jake in particular almost as long as Tyroth had, as he was present for the hatching of her younger brother Mahks, the same year her father met him. And while Jason and Trasta she had not known for as quite a long a time, she knew how much her father cared for them, and they had always been nice to her when they came to visit.

Tyfis was glad that Pyrrah understood Cori’s situation. Granted, she did not think it was simply his heritage, as he seemed to take a lot of pleasure from it. “He is really a nice, caring person, and has served our family since before Grandfather became king.” He was in fact one of the people who supported Tyroth even during his early days, where many of the new Dystans, while they appreciated what he did for them, still had doubts on whether he could be an effective monarch. “Oh, what do you desire to…” She was wondering what sort of meeting the draconis wished to set up, but at that point, Valeera had approached them, wishing to speak with Pyrrah. “Ah, it seems you have a prior connection? Forgive me if I am intruding here, but I do love to learn about new people and species.”
Embassy Program

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:01 pm

"I'm always pleased to meet somebody else who understands how important honor is," Jason said to Valeera with a grave nod of respect. "It's prized in Olwean culture as well. I thoink I should like to speak with you some more, and get to know more about the Taigawan concept of honor. But I was already previously engaged in conversation, and should not neglect poor Leila here... besides, you probably have friends you need to catch up with." Sure enough, Valeera made a beeline for Pyrrah as soon as Jason finished speaking, apparently very excited to see the Primarch.

Jason turned back to Leila with a grin and said, "Your people are making great diplomatic strides here... you've been propositioned by an Olwean monarch, and now the Taigawans are making friends with another member of your delegation. As for what I would like to discuss... I suppose I'd like to know more about Aravean culture, first and foremost. It'll help me to better select the right ambassador to represent Olwe to your country, when it comes time to establish an embassy... it goes more smoothly when the person selected for such a job has some things in common with the locals."

At the mention of more wine, he stopped one of the Kobold servers and conversed with him briefly in Kobosh, although even non-speakers would recognize Trasta's last name on Jason's end of the conversation. The Kobold nodded, hurried off, and quickly returned with a bottle of wine marked with a small Olwean flag icon and the label 'Greenleaf Vineyards'. "My wife is in the wine business," Jason explained as he uncorked the bottle and poured glasses for Leila and each of the Olweans. "I figured, since you like wine, you might want to try a new vintage."

"Please, do be honest," Trasta added. "If you don't like it, no hard feelings." She downed hers, as was her custom... Trasta was not the most ladylike of monarchs.

Meanwhile, Jake grinned at Tynah's arrival and said, "How lovely to see you again, Tynah! And yes, I managed to pull Jason and Trasta away from their thrones so they could catch up with you as well." He chuckled at this... neither Jason nor Trasta had thrones. In fact, the most expensive chairs at the Imperial Palace weren't even really all that fancy... just really, really high-end recliners. "How have you been?" he asked Tynah as he sipped the wine Jason had ordered. He wasn't surprised Tyroth had thought to include some Olwean vintages among the selections available for this banquet... he figured if he wanted to try some Aravean wine the Dystan King would probably have that readily on hand too.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:30 pm

Aravea wrote:Vitalie had to admit that she was pleased to see that her student and mentor had managed to accomplish her assigned tasks with little difficulty. To be truthful, the transferrance process was an incredibly difficult alchemical subject to learn. Needless to say that Sarisa now numbered one of the few alchemists in either Dyste or Aravea to be able to use it. To be truthful, the ice draconid was still somewhat in shock that the queen had managed to pick up on it so quickly. Nevertheless, she was glad to see that her student's teacher had progressed so quickly. Upon hearing Sarisa's query about her grandson's wedding, the ice draconid had to smile as she recalled the day the news about her cousin's marriage to Frenze had reached her and had to admit she had been truly excited, "Well it is good to hear that you have managed to make progress on your alchemical studies. Perhaps in a few weeks I can show some of the spells I recovered from the Foulke Library. With regards to Frenze's wedding, I do plan to attend along with Cera. Speaking of how are they doing? Is Sasha adapting well?"

Leila couldn't help but blush at Trasta's comment and had to admit that she was at least somewhat flattered by it. To be truthful she had merely hoped that pair would be friends, but at least part of her hoped to find something more in the Olweans. Smiling she turned to the blue haired empress, "Well that would certainly be interesting Trasta...Perhaps I may take you up on that at some point...hehee" Turning back to Jason the Arkhon smiled whilst laughing slightly, "Well it is part of the job description. Nevertheless would you by chance have anything you wished to discuss? Perhaps over some more wine"

"I see.." was all the yellow scaled Primarch could utter as she continued to watch Coriolis hit upon Aiya. Truth be told, she did feel some sympathy for him and his inability to control his nature, and perhaps just maybe understood him a little better. Turning her focus back to Tyfis, the draconis bowed, "Thank you for clarifying that Lady Tyfis. To be quite frank it did clear up a number of questions I had regarding the man. Regardless, I do have one more inquiry I wish to make of you." The draconis seemed to drift away in thought for a moment as she gathered her thoughts and focused upon wording the phrase correctly, "I was wondering if it would be at all possible to inquire about setting up a meeting...." Pyrrah was cut off mid sentence as Valeera recognized her, "It's good to meet you at last. Tell me how have you faired since my deputy visited you?"

"I have been fine. The empress is with child again, and she has started getting into the occult. We also managed to replicate the hardlight technology of the Forerunners. As for myself, i've been travelling around since the Council has seen little activity as of late. Councilor Analayla is studying teleportation as well. So....it's mostly just the norm, since Neyla has not had to execute anyone since the TSE collapsed nearly half a decade ago. I do not expect you to know what that means, so i'll tell you: the Thessian Stock Exchange, or TSE, is the basis of the financial sector of my homeworld's economy. Neyla has spent the past four years trying to fix the economic downturn before it spreads to the colony worlds."
Last edited by Taigawa on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alert Status
24 years old and female.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:57 am

"An audience with your Minister of Defense would be enough, but for you I have something special." The Lieutenant General said to the King before walking up and setting the attache gun case on his table. "Monfrox has a few niche industries that excel above the rest. One of those, is arms manufacturing. You will not find a more reliably built weapon built anywhere in the world, and I don't say that lightly. And so, as a token of respect, I give you two of our finest firearms to be made." And with that, she opened the case and turned it to the King.

Inside was a large battle rifle and a sizable handgun. The rifle, modeled after Browning's Automatic Rifle, had some serious modernization done to it. It was still a bit heavy, but for the King it would likely not matter. The handgun looked like it also went through extensive modifications. Truly a piece crafted meticulously over it's time.

"We also have a partial fondness for American things, as you can see. The Heavy Counter Assault Rifle is what our liaison told me it was called. It's chambered for a thirty ought-six cartridge, but the hydraulic piston in the back behind the action dampens the recoil down to about the same amount of force as firing a five five six NATO rifle. The pistol is something we make custom. Hand-crafted to be a true work of art. We call it the Big Boss Custom, as many of our military leaders carry them. They love it, and for good reason. If you have any questions on the modifications on that, I can rattle them off for you. If not, I would like to request some time with Ms. Waterscale, as I have some business to take care of. Other than that, my Captain here and I will be around for a while." The General motioned to Resalth, who was standing very still despite being uncomfortably on edge.

Achievement

Aravea
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aravea » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:30 pm

To be honest, Vitalie was not surprised to hear that her teacher had been progressing relatively rapidly in her studies. After all, what would one of the most powerful spellcasters known to Vitalie and her countrymen be if she could not master alchemy relatively quickly. Regardless Vitalie quickly refocused upon what her mentor had said regarding Sahsa. To be fair what the Queen had said about Tynah's work with Sasha had caught her somewhat off guard, as she had not expected such rapid results. Surely Tynah must have been some kind of magician to have achieved results that fast. Either way Vitalie couldn't help but smile as she heard about her cousin's results, "Well I must say it is great to hear that Sasha has been making a good deal of progress. Perhaps soon enough you and I can meet with her and Frenze. Anyways Sarisa you said a while ago you had something else magic wise before we left Undellah..."

"I see. To be honest while..Well I am glad that Herr Walz has found strong support within his majesty's realms. In either case, I thank you for your time Lady atyfis. As stated it was an honor to speak with the esteemed Mystical representative for the MSU. Perhaps at some point we could discuss maybe meeting to set up some type of cultural exchange.."Phyrrah was nearly ready to discuss the details of the meeting she had in mind when Valeera tooke her focus away from the draconid. To be truthful, the draconis had not met the Thessian before, but she was aware of her status and history." Herr Valeera, it is an honor to at last make your acquaintance. Anyways. lord Skurel and General Armstrong have told me so much about you.,,," Turning back to Tyfis the Primarch gestured to the Thessian and uttered, "Yes the two of us, while not personally familiar, have had our departments work together before. In any case, I do admit that the Thessians are quite a fascinating group, especially with regards to their tech. Tell me Lady Tyfis are you familiar with a group called the Forerunners?

The Arkhon couldn't help but smile as she cast her gaze upon the Olwean. To be sure she definitely found Trasta to be quite beautiful, and was at the very least an excellent conversationalist. "Oh it is no trouble at all Trasta, In fact. I daresay it is a most welcome gesture...Anyways perhaps we could...engage in such an experiment during a visit to Pendragon? I mean after all I would be more than happy to host you two there."

The Arkhon merely offered a polite small as she took the glass from Jason. As somewhat of a wine connoisseur, Leila did make a habit of at least trying a vintage from each of the countries she visited. Regardless as she sipped the wine, she felt that the Olwean concoction would at the very least rank among the higher quality wines she had consumed. Surely she did at the very least owe her compliments to Trasta for crafting such a fine beverage, "I can see that and at the very least this wine is deserving of a place in my collection.. Anyways you wished to know of Aravea's culture? Well...to begin it is vastly different from Olwe and even Dyste. You see..."

The Aravean paused for a moment as she prepared to regale ger bew found friend, "Aravea is what one would call a patchwork nation of cultures and it's hard to pick just any one to call Aravean. Regardless if. I were to pick one definitely Arvaean culture, it would have to be that of the south east. In short we are a culture that values service to one's nation, a healthy devotion to one's respective Church, while at the same time valuing individuality. Building upon that I would have to say that the most important thing for you to keep in mind when selecting an ambassador your majesty, would be to remember that we Araveans can be quite a conservative people. To say the least cultural change can come very slowly at times for us."

"
Last edited by Aravea on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:29 pm

Tynah had the kobolds get her an order of Fire Drake Ale, being more into that than wine. "Oh, I am doing just fine, Uncle Jake! My son is getting married soon, to this lovely Aravean princess. I was worried she might be too soft for him, but after a few days of my patented Tynah Training, I got her up to snuff to be my son's equal!" In spite of their dispositions, it was in fact Tynah who was the toughest soldier to train under in the nation, not Kel who most people assumed would be; in fact, Kel was one of the more fair teachers. "I know Father's busy with other guests, but he really is happy to see you all here; he just wishes our visits together could be more frequent. Also... how many people have Cori and Trasta hit on so far?" She was all too familiar with their ways, the former dating her sister for a while, and the latter having done so with her parents on multiple occasions. This did not mean she disliked them; Cori was a longtime family friend, and Trasta, in her own way, was actually a lot like her own mother.

"We shall see them at the wedding, correct?" Sarisa replied to Vitalie. It was to be held at the Grand Temple of the Order of Bahamut, and all of the available Hose of Blackfang family members would attend. "That seems like as good a time as any, I suppose. Really, even if I somehow did not like her, it is not up to me to tell them that they should not be together." Regarding the magic studies, she had a proposal. "Well, I was thinking, perhaps we should go to Calberona in order to discuss future matters regarding the subject." As it was a city specifically designed for magical research, founded by Jarl nearby the Black Fangs' fortress, she felt it would be more suitable than Undellah or Castle Dyste would be. "It had been a while since I was there under the duties of a Sage, so perhaps now would be a good time to make up for that."

Tyfis was glad at least someone realized her position she held outside of Dyste; she had worked quite a bit to stand out, a feat other members of the Royal Family often struggled with. That said, it appeared her knowledge was lacking when Pyrrah mentioned something she did not know of, "I cannot say I am familiar with these 'Forerunners'. Please, tell me more."

Tyroth, like a lot of Draconids, did not know firearms particularly well, but he could tell good craftsmanship easily. During a bit of a lull in the adventuring career prior to becoming king, he worked as a appraiser of goods, having picked it up having to discern magic item qualities. Indeed, picking up skills like this was part of the reason why he at times wished for a bit of a break in order to do some other things, like Trasta did with her winery. But that was for another time. "I thank you kindly for these gifts. I admit to being a novice with firearms, but perhaps with some training, I can use these for some degree of protection..."

"Protecting the king? Well, I believe that's suppose to be MY job." A green-skinned orc with short black hair, wearing golden armor had entered the hall. While orcs were known to be large, she was around the size of a Draconid. Many of the locals were surprised to see her; she had left Dyste many years ago on a top-secret mission, some even assuming she had been killed in action, though those that knew her well knew better. She ignored the looks and walked up to the king, "My liege, my apologies for my leave of absence, but if you would have me back..."

Tyroth held his hand up, then moved over the table to hug her, "Any time, Lissah." Realizing the Froxians were still by his side, he felt he needed to properly introduce her, "Oh, I do not believe you know my chief bodyguard, Lissah the Paladin." While Tyroth was a powerhouse in combat, as a king, even he needed protection at times. And while he sometimes used Royal Knights or his shield guardian for such purposes, the Orcess who had served as one of the Black Fangs was always his most trusted choice. "I knew she was coming back soon, but today of all days! ... either way, please, you may converse with the Minister of Defense all you wish. And as Lissah here is once again in charge of my safety, perhaps she would gain some use from this as well..."
Embassy Program

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:26 pm

"That sounds wonderful," Trasta said as she poured herself another glass of wine. "Pendragon... I have a friend who knew a Human King that went by that name. Probably not how the location in Aravea got its name, though."

"Thank you, that was very helpful," Jason told Leila. "It seems that although there are similarities between our people in terms of both cultures valuing service, inclusiveness and individuality, Araveans are perhaps a bit more conservative -- and less secular -- than Olweans. That information will definitely help in selecting the right ambassador."

As Leila complimented the wine and suggested adding it to her collection, Trasta turned to her and nodded. "That can certainly be arranged," she said. "I'll personally see to it that you receive some bottles for your private reserve."

Jake grinned at his remembrance of having observed Tynah training soldiers before, many years ago. "My heart goes out to her," he said with a chuckle. "As for seeing each other more often... assuming, of course, that we're invited we'll probably all show up for the wedding. Probably a big diplomatic affair considering who the bride and groom are, but I'm sure there'll be time for visiting as well." He grinned again at Tynah's last question. "I'm afraid I've lost count," he said. "I know Trasta's chatting up one of those female Araveans now, but she was... busy before that. And Cori might've possibly outdone her."

Jason glanced over as Lissah entered the room. His expression betrayed no surprise, but he was a bit caught off guard by her appearance... he hadn't known she'd show up here. As he watched her interact with the King and some of his guests, and realized what implements were being offered to her, his eyes widened slightly. He had always had reason to be glad the Orcess was on his side, but imagining her with a firearm made her that much scarier.

Will mane
Civilian

Founded: Sep 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Will mane » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:35 am

The SXCV Rosario suddenly appeared in the void of space, just 67,000 kilometers from the Dystan planet below. The starship was the Kenspeckle's sister ship, and looked exactly like it. The Rosario entered its orbit and set a course to geosynchronize with Dyste's territory below. IIDs were quite useful for such long distances, although heading to another galaxy would be always troublesome for Stormwrathians, especially for the colonists in Luce, one of a few planets under Stormwrath's governance. But we aren't going to focus on them, but on High Overseer Fairs, who is currently grooming her mint colored hair. A guard comes knocking on her door and says, "High Overseer, it's time to move to the landing shuttle."

"Alright, will be finished in a few moments. Tramontina knives review from smokekitchen", she replied.

After applying lipstick, she took one last look at the dress that she is wearing for the banquet. She looked quite stunning, and still as young as she was 20 years ago. After all, she is 48, and Zeronian humans don't show any signs of age until they are 80 years of age. She smiled at the mirror, and opened the door to head to the landing shuttle, with the guard escorting her. On the shuttle were Fairs and three guards: two of which are sentient androids. The shuttle disengaged from the Rosario and plotted a course for the Dystan city of Undellah.

Once the shuttle entered the atmosphere at a few thousand feet, the passengers could see the ocean below. It continued to fly for several minutes until it reached Undellah. It was indeed beautiful, with its beach resorts and hotels dotting its coastline. However, the lack of a space port became apparent, and so it was forced to land at the new airport that was finished in the city, if they can allow space planes to land on their tarmac. They did land, and the High Overseer and her entourage stepped out of the shuttle.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates